Never See Me Again by NaeNae1495
Summary:

Bonnie reflects on her love and life with Damon. Songfic.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Primetime Television, Music Characters: Bonnie Bennett
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama
Story Status: None
Pairings: Damon/Bonnie (Vampire Diaries)
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1889 Read: 3181 Published: 12/05/11 Updated: 12/05/11
Chapter 1 by NaeNae1495
Author's Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

As the music started I felt a sob threaten to escape, but I caught it in my throat. I opened my mouth to sing and I knew my voice was gonna sound extremely raspy and deep because of the crying.

If I had no more time
No more time left to be here
Would you cherish what we had?
Was it everything that you were looking for?

Our relationship was rough for numerous reasons. One of those reasons being the fact we completely loved to fight each other. We couldn't wait to trade insults and I couldn't wait for him to cross the line so I could have motive to light him on fire. It was totally unhealthy and dysfunctional, but one thing no one could take from us is our love. I just wonder now was that enough for him? Hell, was it even enough for me?

If I couldn't feel your touch
And no longer were you with me
I'd be wishing you were here
To be everything that I'd been looking for

His touch was like a drug, it was so addictive. We could be in a heated argue and all he had to do was touch me and it was over. The caress of my cheek or even just a brushing of the shoulders was enough to end any fight. It was so pathetic.

I don't wanna forget the present is a gift
And I don't wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me
'Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed

I was so sure we would be together to the end. A witch and a vampire? We were an unstoppable force and we knew it. The expensive clothes and not playing by the rules pinpointed us as targets, but we didn't care. It was good before Elijah and Klaus came to town. We took everything for granted and now it's too late to apologize.

So every time you hold me
Hold me like this is the last time
Every time you kiss me
Kiss me like you'll never see me again
Every time you touch me
Touch me like this is the last time
Promise that you'll love me
Love me like you'll never see me again

*Flashback*

Damon and I were lying in bed, thinking about the upcoming battle with Klaus. He was sitting up with his back on the headboard and I was sitting between his legs.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" I ask him and he takes one of his hands and runs it up and down my thigh giving me chills.

"No. Are you?" He asks and I grab his other hand while sighing

"Yea. Klaus is an original and I just have a bad feeling about this." I tell him rubbing my thumb against his hand

"Klaus might be an original, but you're a Bennett witch and I'm a very strong vampire. Not to mention, we have my brother, Barbie, and the dog. We'll be ok." He answers and I want to believe him, but this bad feeling is not going away.

"Why don't we just leave? Get on a plane and go somewhere, anywhere but here. It can just be us." I tell Damon and I hear him sigh and feel him put his forehead against my hair.

"You won't leave them. No matter how scared you are you won't leave them to fight Klaus by themselves." He tells me and I turn in his arms.

"Why can't I just do the wrong thing for once? It would guarantee our safety and we could be happy." I say and a tear rolls down my cheek

"Because that's not you Bonnie. Whether you like it or not, you're the loyal one and you'll always do what's needed to protect the ones you love." He says and wipes my tear with his thumb. "It's one of the things that drew me to you and one of the reasons I love you."

"I love you too." I say with a watery smile. I lean in and press my lips to his in a passionate kiss. He pulls me close putting his hands in my hair and I wrap my arms around his neck. We break away and my shirt meets the floor….

*End Flashback*

Oh Oh Oh

Caroline and Elena sing the little break for me. I know they heard my voice losing some of its strength. They give me a moment to collect myself before I sing the second verse.

How many really know what love is?
Millions never will
Do you know until you lose it
That it's everything that we are looking for

It's a shame so many people won't know true love. They'll settle for what they think is love or what they think they deserve. I'm glad to be one of the lucky ones that can say I've experienced true love and anything after it would be nothing but second best. No matter how hard the guy tried, I still wouldn't love him like I love Damon. Damon IS it. No competitions and no replacements.

When I wake up in the morning
You're beside me
I'm so thankful that I found
Everything that I been looking for

*Flashback*

I wake up and feel a warm body behind me and comforting arms on my waist. I smile as I remember the events of last night. Damon and I have consummated our relationship after a few months of dating. Not that I was a virgin, but I refused to make love to him until I was sure he loved me. He proved it to me last night and it was A-mazing. I gently turn around as not to wake up Damon.

He looks absolutely beautiful and vulnerable in the morning. His hair is a little unruly and I gently run my hands through it. His face so peaceful and relaxed and I wish everyone could see this Damon. The one I fell in love with. Not the heartless jerk he pretends to be. I run my fingers across his lips and his eyes snap open.

"Hi." I say still running my fingers across his lips

"Good morning." He says kissing my fingers "I'm glad you're still here." He says and I hear the vulnerability in his voice.

"Where else would I be?" I ask him and he shrugs, slightly turning from me and I know he's embarrassed. I gently cup his face to make him look at me. "I could really get used to waking up with you."

He smirks at me and kisses my forehead. He pulls me closer and I rest my head on his chest. We lay basking in our love.

*End Flashback*

I don't wanna forget the present is a gift
And I don't wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me
'Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed

*Flashback to Big Fight*

Klaus surprised us by ambushing the house. He had his witches strip down the protection wards I put up. Stefan quickly took Elena down the basement and put her in the cellar. I had put a lesser version of the tomb spell on it while we held Elijah captive. Speaking of Elijah, he went after Damon first. Caroline and Tyler were taking out vampires and Jeremy and Stefan were taking down witches. I was throwing out spells left and right at Klaus.

By the end, it was me and Klaus in the middle of this huge storm of power. I kept throwing my best and he kept attacking me. I could feel my ancestors' powers draining me, but I couldn't let Klaus win. I focused on all the pain of my ancestors' and mine and a bolt of energy flew from my hand into Klaus. It was a bright light inside of him and burst out from within, the light was blindingly bright and everyone closed their eyes. We opened them to find Klaus a pile of ash. I turned to my friends and smiled before falling. Damon rushed to my side before I could fall.

"You ok, little witch?" Damon asked me with fear in his eyes

"Yeah. Just extremely tired and sore. A hot bath would be nice. Stefan, could you get my best friend out of the cellar now?" I say to him and he runs to the basement.

I look around at all the damage before looking at my friends. We're all bruised and battered, but we survived. I look in Damon's eyes and jump into his arms, hugging him tightly and I fill his arms encircle mine. What I come to find out later is that Elijah didn't die. He was waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. As the gang was hugging each other and celebrating, Elijah slowly grabbed a chair leg from the ground and ran at me and Damon.

"Bonnie!" Damon screamed and pushed me out of the way. The chair leg went through his heart.

"No!" I screamed and a fire ball came out of my hand destroying Elijah. I run over Damon and lean over his body.

"No, no, no. You promised, you promised everything would be ok. You lied Damon." I say to him

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry baby, but I'll always choice you first. You know I love you, little bird." He lifts his hand to touch my cheek and I hold it there.

"I love you too, vampire." I lean in to kiss his lips and then rest my forehead against his. I feel his hand go limp on my cheek and I release an agonizing scream while rocking his body back and forth.

*End of Flashback*

So everytime you hold me
Hold me like this is the last time
Every time you kiss me
Kiss me like you'll never see me again
(can you do that for me baby)
Every time you touch me
(see we don't really know)
Touch me like this is the last time
(see every day we never know)
Promise that you'll love me
(I want you to promise me)
Love me like you'll never see me again
(like you'll never see me again)

Oh oh oh oh oh

Elena and Caroline sing the last chorus with me while holding me tight. I look at the casket where I know Damon's body isn't in. We couldn't let them find anything weird with the body that would to suspicion so we had to burn it. Sheriff Forbes was told he died while hunting some vampires. How ironic is that? As I sing my voice gets full of pain. I think of all our kisses, hugs, touches, and just the love we shared. I shouldn't have taken it for granted. I feel like we should have done more together, but I know I got to spend time with my true love. My vampire. My soul mate. My Damon and in the end that's all that matters.

I try to think positive, but my hope is crushed by the giant hole in my soul were Damon used to be. I fall to my knees with sorrow and just sob into the ground. I'm aware of my friends around me and supporting me. I'm even aware of the fact that maybe I should be consoling Stefan because Damon was his brother, but for once in my life I'm gonna put myself first. I'm gonna grieve and hopefully find a way to deal with his absence from my life.

End Notes:

Song: Like you'll never see me again by Alicia Keys. Review please!

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1625