Wishes To Riches by Butterfly
Summary: Ella Fontaine has wished for something better but it seems that whoever answers wishes and prayers misses her memos! Her stepmother, Suzzette, owns the hottest nightclub in their small town called Charming. However, Suzzette is not so charming and neither are her twin daughters, Sasha and Serena. Serena is the club singer and Sasha is the DJ. Ella, however, is forced to do jantorial work, if she doesnt make any money, her step-mother will throw her out on the streets. The highlight of her night is watching the beautiful couples dance together and she wishes she can do the same with her own prince charming.
Categories: Primetime Television, Music Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Comedy , Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Drugs/Drug Use, Original Characters, Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: To Break the Spell
Challenges: To Break the Spell
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 15909 Read: 19692 Published: 07/04/10 Updated: 30/04/10
Story Notes:

Ella Fontaine

Thaddeus Channing

Suzzette Browne

Serena Browne

Sasha Browne

Belle

1. Chapter 1: Underappreciated by Butterfly

2. Chapter 2: Wanna Get To Know Ya by Butterfly

3. Chapter 3: Outta Here by Butterfly

4. Chapter 4: Out Of My League by Butterfly

5. Chapter 5: Set Adrift On Memory's Bliss by Butterfly

6. Epilogue: The Way You Make Me Feel by Butterfly

Chapter 1: Underappreciated by Butterfly
"I'm feeling unappreciated, now girls, help me out if you know what I'm talking about!"- Christina Aguilera

“Ella! Gimme some Henny without any coke this time!?”Sasha Browne said to her step-sister, Ella, as she handed her a full glass of Henny and coke back to her. She put her headphones back on,”You know I don’t spin good without my Henny! Go! Now!”she barked at her and went back to DJ’ing. “Lets get this party started, bitches! Whooo!”she said into the microphone as she played “Telephone” by Lady GaGa and Beyonce.

Ella nodded and rushed over to the bar when she was cut off by her other step-sister, Serena. “Ella! Where’s my Evian?”she asked her as she looked around.

“Serena, what are you doing out here?”Ella asked her,”You know Suzzette doesn’t like you out here before your set-“

“Exactly! Why am I out here!? I need my fucking Evian! I know you cant sing worth shit so you wont understand, but what you need to understand is that I need it immediately or I will sound like a tone deaf freak!”Serena said.

“Im heading to the bar right now”Ella said with a nod and headed to the bar. Serena stalking backstage in a huff.

“ELLA!”Suzzette, her step-mother yelled as she approached her,”If you are drinking on the job so help me God-“

“No, this is for Sasha. Im getting it for her. I didn’t touch it”Ella said as she went behind the bar.

“I went into the ladies room upstairs and it looks atrocious! I need you up there immediately!!!!”Suzzette snapped at her.

Ella sighed,”Yes ma’am”she said to her but she was already gone. She poured a straight Henny for Sasha and grabbed two Evian water bottles for Serena. She gave them to their respective persons, without a word of thanks, and went into the ladies bathroom upstairs. There was a long line for it. Great, now what? She sighed when she saw the sight. There was toilet paper everywhere, the sinks weren’t spotless, trash cans were overflowing and one toilet was stopped up. She didn’t understand. She tidied this bathroom to perfection when they opened 2 hours ago!

However, this was a typical night for Ella at “Happily Ever After” Nightclub. It was owned by her step-mother, Suzzette. When Ella’s father died, she used the money he gave her and bought this club and made a “Happily Ever After” franchise, which included a nightclub, clothing and perfume line. They were doing very well…..except for Ella. Once the franchise started making money, they all moved to the rich side of town and reaped the benefits. However, Ella was working for minimum wage and she slept in the attic of the huge house they all lived in. She didn’t have much. She lost a lot of her belongings when….

Never mind. She didn’t have much but she still had a lot. She got to work in the hottest nightclub in town. She should be grateful for what she did have. Her father always said that.

She put an “Out Of Order” sign on the stall door with the stopped up toilet and got her cart. She swept up the trash and towels on the floor and emptied the trash can. She cleaned the sink as the many gorgeous women retouched their makeup and washed their hands around her. They even used the various lotions and mints she left out but never tipped her. Bitches.

Stop. Maybe they aren’t bitches. Maybe they just don’t have any cash on them. It happens.

She put a smile on her face and opened the door and started to unclog the toilet. It seemed that someone took a whole wad of toilet paper and let it sit in there. It took a minute but she finally unclogged the toilet. She put the cart back in the closet and she heard the band start to play. She watched from the balcony as Serena took the stage and started to sing. Ella sighed, she wished she could sing and wear nice sparkly outfits. She followed a tall group of women into the bathroom and she took a seat on the stool. She proceeded to hand the women who had just washed their hands towels. Since Serena was singing, the bathroom was a little empty. However the three tall women came out the stalls and one of them started to laugh.

“Who told that bitch she had talent?”the tall dark skinned one with blonde hair said

“Girrrrrrlllll, who you tellin’. That’s the one thing I don’t like about this place”the light skinned one with the curly dark hair said

“She sounds like a cat on a bad day”said the tall redhead. Ella snorted. The three women looked at her. “Oh well she agrees. How do you listen to that every night?”

“I mean….she’s ok..”Ella said. If word got out that she thought that Serena couldn’t sing, Suzzette would have her head for it.

“Ok is a compliment…and a lie”the redhead said.

“She thinks she cant be honest with us. She works here and doesn’t want anyone to know your bad mouthing her huh?”the dark skinned woman said. “I wont tell anyone. Suzzette and I are like this”she said as she crossed her fingers

“That’s what Im afraid of”Ella said. “But I agree with you all. I told her to get lessons but then they chewed my head off”

“I hate a bitch who cant take constructive criticism!”she said,”I see you here all the time…whats your name sweetie? I love your face, don’t she have a cute face?”the other women nodded.

“Thanks….”Ella said with a smile, she never got compliments! “My name is Ella”

“Well my names Belle, like Belle of the Ball. GiGi”she said as she pointed to the girl with curly hair,”and KiKi”she said as she pointed to the redhead. “You also have such nice hair but you put it in a bun all the time. Let yourself go”she said as she took the pins out of her hair and Ella’s long dark hair fell around her shoulders. “Oh your marvelous”

“And your drunk, B”GiGi said. “She goes on makeover crusades when she drinks”

“That’s ok”Ella said with a shrug as the women proceeded to wash their hands and Ella gave them towels.

“Oh! You have Burberry!? God bless you”KiKi said as she took the lotion and rubbed it on her hands and pulse points.

“Lets drink some more to drown out that tone deaf bitch”Belle said and the other women laughed. “For your trouble sweetie”she said as she put a bill in her tip jar. “See you around”

“Or see you very soon, we may have to break the seal again”GiGi said and they left. Ella waved goodbye to them and smiled. She wished she had a group of girlfriends like that. She looked at herself in the mirror and played with her long hair. She sighed. She tidied the bathroom and then her walkie talkie went off.

“ELLA, CLEAN THE STAGE, PRONTO!”Suzzette said. That meant that Serena’s set was over.

She went downstairs and mopped up the stage as Sasha started to DJ again. She was playing “Just Dance” by Lady GaGa. Ella knew every word to every Lady GaGa song now. She played the whole Fame Monster cd on repeat it seemed every night. After awhile, people were too drunk to notice.

“Excuse me, who’s in charge of this place?”a handsome man approached her and asked her. He had the bluest eyes she has ever seen and such a cute face! “Ma’am?”

“Oh sorry. Her name is Suzzette Brown….did you have an appointment with her?”

“Of sorts”

“Whats your name?”she asked him.

“Thaddeus Channing. I have an artist who needs exposure and your club will help put her on the map”

“Okie dokie, one second”Ella said and picked up her walkie talkie. “Um, Suzzette??”

“WHAT ELLA!? I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR BULLSHIT”she yelled

“I have a Thaddeus Channing here? He said he had an appointment of sorts”she said as she looked at him. He shrugged and nodded.

“OH! TAKE HIM UP TO VIP AND GIVE HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS I’LL BE RIGHT THERE!”

“Um she said-“

“I heard her”Thaddeus said with a smile. “After you?”he said as he followed her through the crowd. They got on an elevator that went up to the third floor, which housed the large VIP room which had its own bar, couches, pool tables and a small stage with a pole where a “dancer” was doing her “tricks. Suzzette’s office was also up here as well as the green room and locker rooms for employees. “Nice”

“What can I get you to drink?”

“How good are your Long Island Iced Teas?”

“Good”she said with a smile

“Your just saying that because you work here”

“No they really are!”

“So if I bought you one, you wouldn’t cringe or spit it out?”

“I cant drink on the job but I assure you, they are great and very strong I might add”

“That’s what I like to hear”he said as he sat down,”Can you put an umbrella in it for me please?”he asked her

“Sure”she said. And he had a sense of humor!? She went to the bar and ordered the drink for him and brought it back over. “Well Suzzette will be here any moment-“

“That’s fine, no rush, how about you keep me company?”he asked her,”Whats your name?”

“Ella”

“So lemme guess, you are working in this nightclub to save up to go to Hollywood?”

“Nice guess, thank you, but no. No Hollywood for me”

“So you work here because you like it?”

“Ugh…well Suzzette is my step-mother so it’s a family business type thing”

“Oh”he said, not expecting that,”Well you got to have a passion in something”he said. She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear,”You’re a hair model. Or a model in general”

Ella laughed,”Your too sweet. I love to dance though”

“Yeah? Why haven’t I seen you out on the dance floor?”

“Too busy”

“What kind of dance?”

“Lyrical mostly and I dabble in hip-hop”

“Nice, I love hip-hop, its my favorite style. So you take classes?”

“I don’t have time, its just a hobby”

“Its only a hobby when you let it. Music would have been my hobby but I fought hard to make it my career. Its hard but rewarding. You have to make the time”

“Time is not on my side. I work here every night and I help manage our clothing store and jewelry line. I never have ‘me’ time”

“That’s too bad. What would you do if you did?”

“Go to the beach everyday and dance”she said with a smile

Thaddeus smiled,”Sounds like a good plan”he said

Suzzette walked into the VIP room and saw Thaddeus sitting on one of the couches and noticed that Ella was flirting with him. What the hell? “Mom, where is he?”Serena asked

“There he is. Ella’s flirting with him”

“Oh hes a God! Mom, I want! I want”she said with a laugh

“And you’ll have him once we seal this deal”Suzzette said,”First we have to stop this love fest”she said. “Ella, Magda needs you downstairs pronto”she said to her and Ella jumped. Suzzette raised her eyebrow at her,”So nice to meet you Thaddeus, this is my daughter, Serena”

“Pleasure meeting you”Thaddeus said to them.”It was great meeting you too, Ella. Thanks for keeping me company”he said. Serena glared at her.

“Nice meeting you too”Ella said shyly. She walked a few steps when she felt a hand on her arm

“If I wanted you to flirt with my potential clients, I’d be happy to pimp you out but for now, you do as I say? Got it?”she said

“Sorry Suzzette, but I wasn’t flirting with him”

“Looked like it to me. You have your hair down, you smell like Burberry and you were all smiling and giggling. I pay you to work, not fuck around, got it?”she said. “Your father let you do whatever you wanted but shits different now. We got a business to run. Kitchen. Now!”she said and walked back over to Thaddeus and Serena. Ella ran off. “Sorry about that. So, it seems that Esmee Denters wants to use our nightclub?”

“Well I do, she just wants to perform. This would be a perfect platform and a perfect start to get her name out there”Thaddeus said as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Unfortunately, he heard Suzzette and Ella’s conversation more than Serena’s gushing.

“Well I would be happy to help you out. And do you know whats perfect? You can help me out as well”Suzzette said,”My daughter, here, is very talented as well. She’s got the experience, she sings here every night but we just cant get her demo into the right hands and since you have your own label….”she said as she slid Serena’s demo across the small table between them. “Serena will use your recording studio and with your guidance she can be the next big thing while Esmee can take Serena’s spit and get bigger than she already is. What do you say?”

Thaddeus looked at the demo and he looked at Serena’s eager eyes and Suzzette’s piercing ones. Suzzette was a bitch, he can already tell, but unfortunately, she can help him out in the biggest way possible. “It’s a deal”

“Well it’s a busy night tonight, so how about us three have dinner tomorrow night at Mirabella’s? I can have Ella set up a reservation and we can really talk about this”Suzzette said.

“Sounds great. I eat late, so around 8?”

“It’s a date”Serena and Suzzette said.

*

Ella ran to the elevator and pressed down to go to the kitchen. She looked at her reflection and wiped away her tears. She hated when Suzzette brought up her father, and especially when she told her how good he treated her. He loved her and treated her like his princess. Suzzette never liked that. She still didn’t. She and her father were close and after her mother died, they always took a vacation to Malibu, California to visit her mother’s family. They did it every year. It was their tradition. They would pack everything they could, rent a convertible and drive to the beach with the top down as they listened to “Bad” and the “Purple Rain” soundtrack on repeat while singing at the top of their lungs. They would visit their mothers family and relax. They did the same thing last year and Suzzette was furious that she, Serena and Sasha weren’t allowed. “Its just a trip for Ella and me, you understand”. However, Ella had come back alone. They were driving home when their car went out of control, they crashed into another one. Her father’s body was flown across the highway while Ella flipped into a ditch with the car. Ella survived. Her father didn’t. Sometimes she wished she was dead too and the worst part of it was, she knew Suzzette felt the same way.

*
Chapter 2: Wanna Get To Know Ya by Butterfly
“I wanna be your lover, I wanna get to know you, baby. One dose of your lovin’, I’m simply going to drive you crazy”- Joe



Thaddeus showed up to Mirabella’s right on time. He usually was late but he was really hungry today and it seemed as if he was too busy to eat. He was soon escorted to their table and was surprised to see that it was only a table for two. Serena was already there. She smiled at him and stood up and hugged him close to her. “So glad you could make it, Thad”she said with a smile. “Your right on time”

“Its good to see you”Thaddeus said,”Um….where’s Suzzette?”

“She had an emergency so she told me to take care of everything”

“So you take care of the club as well?”

“Oh you’ll talk about that with her later, we are here to talk about my career…and to get to know each other of course”she said as she sipped on her white wine. “I want you to make me into a star, Thad”she said and giggled. “Have you listened to my demo?”

“I have”Thaddeus said. She was ok…..but she needed a lot of work. “We have a lot of work to do”he said honestly, but he said it with a smile on his face so it wouldn’t sound so daunting.

“Oh I cant wait”she said excitedly. “But I totally trust you so, lets get to that later. I wanna get to know the man that will make my wishes come true”she said,”You single?”

Thaddeus almost spit out his water. That bitch set him up. This was literally a date. “I don’t like to discuss that with my future clients”

“That’s means your single. Nothing wrong with it. Im single too”Serena said and winked.

Thaddeus sighed, this was going to be a long one.

*

“Oh shes going to kill me. Shes going to fucking kill me”Ella muttered to herself as she drove her white Honda Civic downtown. She got a disturbing call at the office and Suzzette was going to kill the messenger for it, and that was her. She arrived at Mirabella’s, knowing that she made reservations for her there. She wouldn’t usually bother her about this but this was important…and she wasn’t answering her cell. She walked in and didn’t even have to ask where they were, she heard Serena’s loud laugh at the front door. She made her way to the middle of the restaurant and realized that Serena was on a date….with Thaddeus?

“Ella? What are you doing here?”Serena said annoyed. Thaddeus turned around in his seat and smiled widely. But was that a look of relief on his face?

“Where’s Suzzette? I made her a reservation…”

“Shes obviously not here, Ella. She had somewhere else to be”Serena said as she rolled her eyes

“Do you know where? Its really important. I REALLY need to talk to her”Ella said

“Are you ok, Ella?”Thaddeus asked her

“I’ll be ok if I find her”

“I don’t know where she is”Serena said with a shrug. “Now if you mind…”she said as she nodded her head at Thaddeus.

“Um…ok….well sorry to have interrupted your…..ugh date”

“Ok whatever”Serena said

“Its not a date”Thaddeus said at the same time as Serena. “Is there anything I can do?”

“Unfortunately, not”Ella said. “See you around, Thaddeus”she said and left the restaurant. That was awkward. What was Thaddeus doing with Serena and why did he look like he didn’t want to be there? And where the fuck was Suzzette? It was one of Ella’s many jobs to know her schedule at all times. She drove all over town and Suzzette was nowhere to be found. She drove home and saw her car in the driveway. “Oh thank God”she said as she ran inside. She went straight to the kitchen and Suzzette was sitting at the bar drinking an alcoholic concoction of some sort. “Suzzette-“

“Why are you not at the office?”Suzzette asked her

“Ive been calling your cell and what I need to say is very important. I left Courtney in charge”

“Courtney!? The ex-heroin addict!?”

“Suzzette, you hired her. And shes been clean for 2 years-“

“I only hired her as a favor”Suzzette said. “Now what was so important that you had to leave my clothing store with an ex drug addict?”

“Your lawyer called”Ella said as she gave her some papers. “You’re being sued”

“Sued!? For what!”Suzzette yelled in shock

“Basically, Kim Kardashian is suing you for infringement. She claims that your perfume, “Winter White”, smells just like her perfume”

“KIM KARFUCKINGDASHIAN!?”Suzzette screamed. “She can kiss my ass, wait, she has enough ass for the both of us. Hell, all 4 of us!!! That bitch has no proof! Im not the one with the sex tape”she said angrily as she downed her drink.

“Ok….well that’s what I thought too….well about her not having proof….so I bought her perfume”Ella said as she put both perfumes on the counter

“WHY!?”Suzzette said as she stared at Kim’s perfume like it was rodent.

“I wanted to smell it to see if she had a story here and um, well you should smell it for yourself”she said as she sprayed Kim’s perfume on Suzzette’s wrist. “Well?”

Suzzette frowned and picked up their Winter White perfume and sprayed it on her other wrist. “All perfumes smell alike these days. Ugh now Im confusing the two….”she said as she smelled each wrist.

“I looked at the ingredients and….they are exactly the same….”Winter White” was released a month after hers as well”Ella said. Was there something that Suzzette wasn’t telling them? Suzzette continued to smell,”Suzette, what are we going to do?”

“Just shut the fuck up and let me think”Suzzette snapped. “These perfumes are giving me a migraine. Make sure to get a refund for that one”she said as she pointed to Kim’s perfume. “Get me my cigarettes, mix me another drink and get my lawyer on the phone. If Kim wants a war, she’ll get one. I’ll go Hitler on her Mexican ass”

“I think shes Armenian….”

“Get my fucking cigarettes, Ella, I don’t have time for this bullshit”Suzzette snapped.

*

With the new lawsuit, it made Ella even busier. She was now in charge of the clothing store and the fragrances while Suzzette dealt with the lawsuit. Her wishes of days at the beach and dancing wasn’t coming true anytime soon. “Alright, I will have them mailed to you….your welcome, bye”Ella said as she hung up. She sat in Suzzette’s office chair and sighed.

“Thaddeus Channing is here to see Miss Browne? Should I tell him to call instead?”Willa, their maid asked her.

“Um, no, bring him on back”Ella said with a smile. Willa nodded and left. Ella looked at the mirror on Suzzette’s desk and fixed her hair, she put on some lipgloss. “What am I doing?”she asked herself.

“Ella! So good to see you, how have you been?”Thaddeus said as he walked into the room.

“Busy, you?”

“I know you have been busy. I was at the club last night and you didn’t even say hi”

“You were there last night?”she asked him

“Oooooh!”Thaddeus said as he clutched his heart. “Oh it hurts. A woman has never said that to me!”

“That’s a sign that you need to get over yourself”Ella said playfully

“Oh its like that huh?”Thaddeus asked with a laugh. He loved talking to Ella. She had some spunk about her. “Um, well I was in the neighborhood and Suzzette has been hard to get a hold of these days...I don’t know if you would know but she said that she had the finalized contracts for Esmee…”

“Oh! I do know what your talking about”Ella said as she turned around and looked through a file cabinet and pulled out the Esmee Denters file. “Here it is”she said as she handed it to him. “I think all you need to do is look it over and sign it”she said as she gave it to him.

He sat down and looked through the contract. Ella didn’t want to stare at him, though it was hard not to, and checked her Facebook while she waited. “Oh…”he said

“Something wrong?”

“No….but it says here that the contract starts next week. That means Suzzette wants Esmee to start performing next week?”he asked her

Ella looked at the contract. She nodded,”Yeah…that’s what it says…is that a problem?”

“No it wont be. Esmee will have to work her ass off for the next week”he said as he signed it. “She wont mind, trust me”he said with a huge smile.

Ella smiled. He had a wonderful smile. “Esmee is your baby, isn’t she?”

“Uh no…I don’t date clients”

“No…I mean….like shes your project. Like your first and favorite project. That kind of baby…”

“Oh, well yes in a way. Shes the first singer I ever managed and shes going far already. Ive managed dancers, songwriters, musicians. Shes my first yeah”

“Esmee is lucky to have someone like you look after her best wishes. Serena too”Ella said

“Oh stop, Ella, your making me blush”he said. “I’ll try my best to make your step-sister into a superstar”he said. There was an awkward silence. “Well, ya’ll got a nice place here. Would you mind giving me a tour?”

“I don’t mind at all”she said as she stood up. She showed him the whole estate and they laughed and joked while they did so.

“Wow y'all got this place hooked up”he said as they left Sasha’s DJ room, which looked like a nightclub in a small 8 by 10 foot room.

“Yeah, those three have to have the best of everything”

“What about you?”

“Im more simple. I don’t need that kind of stuff. Im up in the attic”she said. He raised an eyebrow at her. “Oh um….its like my own little penthouse. My own space you know?”she said

“Ooooh mind if I see?”

“No”Ella said quickly. “It’s a mess”she said. And it wasn’t a penthouse. It was an actual attic with one window and hand me down furniture. It looked like the projects compared to the rest of the house. “And here is Serena’s dance room”she said as she led Thaddeus into a room with hardwood floors and the walls were covered in mirrors. It had a state of the art sound system and a barre to practice on.

“Now this is my favorite room”Thaddeus said in awe

“Mine too”

“Oh yeah you are the dancer in the family”he said. Then he smiled wickedly. “Now you have no choice”

“Huh?”

“Show me what you got, lil mama”Thaddeus quoted Jay-Z as he turned on the sound system.

“You cant touch that-“

“I can do what I want, and your going to dance for me”he said as he pressed play. Lady GaGa’s “So Happy I Could Die” started to play. “You know you want to”

“Fine, shit”Ella said. She looked at herself in the mirrors and then closed her eyes as she listened to the lyrics.

“I love that lavender blonde, the way she moves, the way she walks, I touch myself, cant get enough”

Ella then started to dance. She did some lyrical and mixed some hip-hop into the freestyle. Thaddeus watched her with a smile. He was happy to see her smile and in her element and at peace.

“Happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, smiles in our eyes cuz we’re having a good time. Eh, eh, so happy I could die”Ella started to sing along as she did a pirouette

“Nice! Teach me that”Thaddeus said as he walked up to her. Ella stared at him with surprise. “Oh you don’t think I can do it? Teach me, I'll show you”he said.

Ella laughed and taught him the moves and he picked up quickly like any other trained dancer would. “Wow! Your good at this!”

“Ive been dancing since I was 10”he said. “Your good at this too. Graceful and flawless”he said

“Oh stop”she said as she blushed and continued to dance. Once she started she couldn’t stop. “I love this song. Sasha got me addicted to Lady GaGa”

“Shes addictive, that GaGa”he said as he danced close to her. “You should dance more at the nightclub. You’ll have the men flocking to you”

“Im too busy to dance”

“Or your not allowed”he said

She nodded,”Well yeah that too”

“Are you allowed to do anything at work?”he asked her. It was killing him that Ella had such a strange relationship with her family.

“Yeah, work”Ella said with a shrug. Why was he so concerned? “I want to work. I need to work. Its better than McDonalds or something….people literally fight to get in our club every night and I have a front row seat-“

“Ok I get it, your grateful. Your just fine with being busy”he said to her. “Im the same way”he said as he wiped some sweat off his brow. “You didn’t break a sweat”

“That’s cuz Im not old”Ella said with a shrug. “Would you like something to drink? Im awfully rude”she said apologetically as she shut off the sound system.

“Yes I would love a drink…and an apology”he said with a laugh. “Im only 29….”he said as he followed her to the kitchen

“Only 29?”she asked jokingly. “I shouldn’t talk though. I’ll be just as old in 4 years”she said as she got a glass out of the cabinet.

“So you’re a quarter of a century old? Your getting up there too, you old geezer”

“Well when you put it like that”she said with a laugh. “Careful now, Im making your drink…”

“Oh so your going to poison my apple martini, that’s what we’re having by the way, o’ Royal Queen?”

“Oh a martini huh?”she asked as she put the glass away and went over to the bar and got out a martini glass. “Wait what do you mean we?”

“Your at home, your 25 and I want you to….or is Suzzette against that too?”he asked her

“Um no”she said awkwardly

“Sorry that last one was out of line”

“No its fine”she said as she got another martini glass. “Your right. Im home and Im 25”she said as she started mixing the drinks. “So tell me about yourself, Mr. Channing”she said to him

*
Chapter 3: Outta Here by Butterfly
Author's Notes:
stories/537/images/ella.jpgstories/537/images/justin.jpgstories/537/images/kellycarlson.jpgstories/537/images/ke$ha.pngstories/537/images/belle.jpg
“Get me outta here, cause my eyes are burning from these silly tears, that you brought when you show me you don’t really care, and you never loved me, someone get me outta this place!”- Esmee Denters




Esmee laughed a little as Thaddeus laughed at her. “Stop making fun of me!”she said

“Im sorry, your just too cute”he said to her. “So you’re serious about this theme?”he asked her. Thaddeus suggested to Ella and Suzzette that Esmee’s opening night performance should have a theme. Suzzette gave him a ‘thumbs up’ and some suggestions but Esmee already had one picked out and it was one that he didn’t expect.

“I am serious, Thad”Esmee said genuinely,”My life is like a fairy tale right now, my wishes are coming true all because of you, that’s why I want a fairy tale theme”

“Great now you are making me feel bad for making fun of you”Thaddeus said with a smile

“An ‘Im sorry Esmee, your wish is my command’ would have been a better response”Esmee said and winked at him

“Your wish is my command”he said as he got out his iPad and started making notes. “So Im guessing a horse and carriage, princess gown and a prince are on the list then?”he asked her and winked

*

Ella was working on details for Esmee’s opening night as well as other errands when her cell phone beeped yet again with a text message of some sort. She wasn’t going to check it because she was in the middle of something but she was glad that she did. Facebook sent her a notification that a Thaddeus Channing added her as a friend. She smiled and logged onto Suzzette’s computer and logged in. She accepted it and then put a hello greeting on his wall. Then an IM popped up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and sure enough…

Thaddeus Channing: hey there, thanx 4 the add
Ella Fontaine: ditto! How are you?
Thaddeus Channing: Busy w/ Esmee of course. I didn’t kno ur last name was Fontaine, very pretty
Ella Fontaine: :) aww thanks
Thaddeus Channing: Lemme guess, your busy?
Ella Fontaine: Im in the office right now, yes, working on paperwork for Suzzette and Esmee’s opening night. Its gonna be super cute!
Thaddeus Channing: Super cute!? OMG! U girls & ur fairy tales lol
Ella Fontaine: Lol. We cant resist them. We grew up on all of them!
Thaddeus Channing: Well @ least I know there will b a club filled with fairy tale obsessed females
Ella Fontaine: Yes there will
Thaddeus Channing: Oh I didn’t tell you, little Esmee has got a date, guess who it is
Ella Fontaine: You?
Thaddeus Channing: Nope
Ella Fontaine: ……um, just tell me, lol
Thaddeus Channing: Justin Bieber!
Ella Fontaine: Wow! Go Esmee! What a catch!
Thaddeus Channing: I bet you are screaming like a schoolgirl right now ;)
Ella Fontaine: You wish! Maybe we can get him to perform a song for everyone?
Thaddeus Channing: Great idea!
Ella Fontaine: I’ll make sure to let Suzzette know
Thaddeus Channing: So will you be escorted by a prince on opening night?
Ella Fontaine: no, I’ll be working of course
Thaddeus Channing: I’ll only accept that if you dance with me once. You owe me one dance
Ella smiled and then typed: Oh so I owe you stuff now? Your lucky that Im so nice ;)
Thaddeus Channing: You’ll be the lucky one, Ella ;)
Ella smiled and was about to reply when Suzzette walked through the door, she quickly typed: Brb

“I just faxed the Gruberstein’s their forms”Ella said as she handed her a copy and minimized her Facebook window

“Good”she said as she took the copy and set them back down without a second glance. “We won”she said with a satisfied smile

“We won what?”Ella asked

“Ella, don’t be so stupid, whats the one thing that I needed to win? The one thing that’s been stressing us out?”Suzzette said as she got out a cigar

Ella gasped,”The Kim Kardashian case?”she asked her. She nodded proudly,”How? So fast?”

“That bitch loves money and attention always has”Suzzette said with a roll of her eyes as she lit the cigar and puffed on it. “I paid that bitch off, case closed”

“She just wanted money? She dropped it just like that? Winter White wont be pulled off the shelves??”Ella asked. She was surprised that it was closed so easily since she was the one up late at night while Suzzette vented, actually yelled, at her about the allegations.

“Huney”Suzzette said and then paused as she puffed on her Cuban,”What no one knows is that Kim and I go way back. We used to be friends….well party friends, she was my wing girl for the hottest parties. She was real young then though 17, 18 but she got into some adult shit if you know what I mean”she said to Ella. Ella stared at her blankly, not knowing what that meant. Suzzette sighed,”Your fucking hopeless Ella, I got some shit on that girl that is much worse than that sex tape with Ray-J, I’ll tell you that!”

“So you blackmailed her?”Ella asked

“Hell yes because there is nothing else more sacred than her fucking reputation and her celebrity status now, fucking D-List…..thats why she’s single now and that’s why she acts like the victim in every scandal that comes up”Suzzette said. “Her reputation is #1 and telling people about orgies in a tell-all book will ruin it and she will pay anything to save it”

“A tell-all book? But most people don’t even believe those”Ella said, she surely didn’t and she was surprised that Suzzette would stoop so low.

“I have pictures to prove it huney and I wasn’t the only one there. Many people will hop in on the circus if money’s involved. But alas, she didn’t give me any shit, she’s just going to pay me and I am fine with that”she said righteously

“Well that’s great, the fragrance will survive after all and actually since the scandal broke out, Winter White is our highest selling perfume. Look at these figures”Ella said as she pulled up a spreadsheet.

“Interesting”Suzzette said. “Gossip sells huney, always remember that”she said to her. “Lets keep quiet about our win so we can have a record for our quarterly”she said as she patted her on the back as Sasha walked in.

“Where’s my UPS package? Has anyone seen it?”Sasha asked anxiously

“I just got home Sash….ask Ella”Suzzette said,”Get up”she said to Ella,”Ive got work to do” and Ella did so.

“Um I’ll call UPS, Sasha”Ella said to her as she followed her out the room.

Suzzette opened up her email and noticed that another window was blinking. She maximized it and saw Ella’s facebook page and she was chatting with none other than Thaddeus. There were unanswered chats from Thaddeus and then he logged off.

Thaddeus Channing: k, make sure to come back tho w/ ur cute self ;)
Thaddeus Channing: don’t kno what brb means 2 u where ur from but it means be right back here, lol, where u @ ma?
Thaddeus Channing: k, ur playing hard to get. i’ll c u soon….u win :)
Thaddeus Channing: bye

Was this the reason that Serena cried all the fucking time to her about Thaddeus not being interested!? She thought that maybe she was just impatient and expected to get in his pants on the first date and they were both surprised that it didn’t happen. But it was true. Thaddeus was breaking her daughters heart because of Ella!? How could Ella do this to her sister! She copied the whole conversation, pasted it and printed it out for evidence, just in case. Ella knew better than to play around on her computer anyway. “That girl….she never fucking listens”she said to herself.

*

“Make sure to come out to our opening night! Esmee Denters will be our new nightly performer and Justin Bieber will be her special guest! Tickets on sale now”Ella said repeatedly as she passed out flyers to the many partiers that walked into their club the last few nights.

“Oh huney, you are my fairy godmother in disguise! You got rid of the screaming cat!”Belle said as she walked in with a different set of friends. They were all tall and dressed to the nines just like her.

Ella laughed,”Hey there Belle. Good to see you back again. Serena wont be performing until her debut album is finished”

“Ugh, she got signed? What am I doing wrong, huney, what am I doing wrong?”Belle said dramatically

“You sing too?”

“Huney, I do everything. I model, act, sing, dance. Theres nothing I cant do”she said proudly

“And no one she wont do”one of her friends snickered and the rest of them laughed

“Britney, you just jealous because I got to that cop before you did, ok?!”Belle said with attitude

Ella stood there awkwardly, not really wanting to hear about their sexual conquests,”Well thanks for coming back ladies, oh and half off on any ‘pink’ alcoholic drink. Its to promote the fairy tale theme”

“Great, pink martini’s on me hunies”Belle said and her friends cheered. “Oh and huney, what did I tell you about that damn bun”she said as she took Ella’s pin out of her hair with one huge fluid motion, her hair falling around her shoulders,”Im gonna go and burn this, let your sexy out girl!”she said and then she was lost in the crowd.

“Hey sexy, what you got there?”a guy came up to her

“Oh fliers for our welcoming opening night party for Esmee Denters and special guest, Justin Bieber!”Ella said with a smile on her face

“Will you be there?”he asked her with a flirty smile

“Yes I will, I work here”Ella said shyly. Men never hit on her here!

“Then I’ll be there”he said and walked off with his friends, who all had fliers as well.

“Wow, your bringing sexy back to get a full house huh?”Thaddeus asked as he came up to her

“What are you talking about?”Ella asked with a smile

“You got your hair all down and silky like and I saw how that guy was looking at you”Thaddeus said. “Then I’ll be here”he said as he mocked what the guy said, sounding just like him

“Are you jealous?”Ella asked and winked

“You got me”Thaddeus said and winked back at her,”Full house tonight huh? Any pre-sales?”he asked her. Ella was passing out flyers as well as selling early bird tickets for the show.

“Yeah we are doing pretty good actually”she said as she showed him the totals so far on her laptop. “I even created a facebook event and a lot of people are confirmed as ‘yes’”she said with a smile

“And you know if its on facebook, its official, like our friendship”he said with a smile

“Yea we were just acquaintances before facebook came along”she said with a laugh

“Miss Ella, Miss Browne needs you to check on Sasha…she hasn’t seen her and her set should be starting in 5”a waitress said to her

“Ok can you man this table for me?”

“I can do it”Thaddeus said,”Its for my event. Cant be hard”

“Ok thanks, I’ll be right back”Ella said. Soon she was on a wild goose chase, she checked the various green rooms, the VIP room and Suzzette’s office. She then checked the ladies restrooms. She looked around and called for her, maybe she was sick and upchucking in the bathroom. She wasn’t there. She checked outside to see if she was smoking and she didn’t see her, but her car was there. She approached the car and was shocked at what she saw. “Sasha!? What the hell are you doing?!”she said as she pounded her fists on her window. She knew what she saw and Sasha just did a line of coke through her nose. A guy was in the passenger seat. He saw her and got out the car and ran away. “Hey, you get back here!”she shouted at him

“Shut the fuck up, Ella!?”Sasha said as she got out of the car and pushed her. “You trying to get us arrested?!”

“You are doing just fine without me!”

“You’re the one calling attention to us!”

“Get inside and start your set! Your late!”Ella yelled at her,”Im not even going to comment on how stupid your being doing that shit!”

Sasha glared at her and then pushed her against her car,”You have no right to yell at me! Your not my mother, hell, your not even my fucking sister. You’re a fucking charity case! Ma should have thrown your sorry, bathroom cleaning ass on the street! Snitch on me, Ella, and I’ll fuck you up. Understand?”she said to her. Ella nodded. Sasha released her,”Keep your fucking mouth shut”she said again and went inside.

Ella sighed as she watched Sasha run inside. She wanted to cry but tried to calm herself. “She didn’t mean it….thats the drugs talking…it has to be”she said. She then went inside.

“Ella!?Where have you been!? It’s a mad house right now!”Suzzette said to her

‘And how is that my problem? Why is it always my problem!?’ she wanted to say. Ella didn’t say anything though.

“Thaddeus is at the registration desk….why?”

“He offered to take over for me while I-“

“Oh sure he did. Or did you just pawn it off on him so you could take another 10 minute break, which by the way, you already used?”Suzzette said. “Don’t fuck this up for me. After the fucking Kim fiasco we gotta save our ass. Everything has to be in tip top shape. Thaddeus doesn’t know what hes doing up there. He doesn’t know the system! Just because you flirt with him doesn’t mean anything, ok?”

“Im not flirting with him, Suzzette, he offered-“

“As a nice guy, he offered, yes. But just because you flirt on Facebook it doesn’t mean that he actually likes you ok? How could you do this to Serena, knowing that she likes him?!”

“I-“

“I saw your Facebook chats, which disgusts me because you are not supposed to play around on my computer, got me? Not in my club either. If you have a problem, you can live and work somewhere else, huney!”Suzzette said threateningly. “Get to work!!!”she said to her. “And clean the upstairs bathroom, I got Corrine covering the desk”she said to her and stalked off.

Ella nodded and went upstairs to the bathroom. Luckily it was empty but slightly dirty. She cleaned up as the tears rolled down her face. “She had no right, huney, no right”Belle said to her as she walked in. Ella turned to her. “Oh huney, she made you cry? Now stop that right now, don’t let her know that she won. That’s how she wins, knowing she has power over you”

“She does. She controls everything. Im just her minion. A nobody”Ella said. “I work so hard…and they don’t notice…”she said as Belle brushed her hair

“You wanna know how to make them notice? Having power of your own. Stand up for yourself and let her know that she needs you and not the other way around”Belle said to her as she put lipgloss on her. Her cell started to ring,”Im needed downstairs. Keep your head up kiddo. I’ll check up on you later”she said to her. Ella nodded,”Do you notice that Suzzette speaks to you rudely when that cute boy is around. She’s threatened by you and so is your screaming cat sounding step sister”

“They always yell”

“Maybe, but I just find it interesting”Belle said with a nod as she walked out of the bathroom and walked right into….the cute boy.

“Have you seen Ella? Um, she was at the registration desk?”

“Light chocolate skin, pretty brown eyes, long hair as smooth as silk, cutest smile you ever seen?”Belle asked him

“Exactly”Thaddeus said

Belle smiled, she knew what was going on here. “Your girl is in there. Crying her eyes out. Go and be a prince charming and get her outta there”she said and winked and walked away.

“But-“

“Its empty, don’t worry”she said and continued walking.

Thaddeus walked up to the door and knocked. He felt bad. He was only trying to help then a big group of Justin Bieber fans wanted tickets and he didn’t know how to work the register. Suzzette blew a gasket and knowing her, she made Ella pay for it. “Ella? Are you alright?”

“No”she said weakly. He opened the door and she was sitting on a stool and wiping her eyes. He walked in,”Thad-“

“We aren’t going to be in here for long. Im getting you outta here”he said,”Im sorry. Its my fault”

“No its mine”Ella said. “Its always my fault”she said. “Yea lets get outta here”she said and walked out. He followed her. She got into the elevator and pressed the basement button. They walked out to the parking lot where her car was and just stood looking at it in a daze. He looked at her. “I wish I didn’t have to deal with this. I wish I didn’t have to be here anymore”

“Then quit”

“No, I don’t wanna BE here anymore. I wanna be with him instead”

“Him? Him who?”

“My father”

“Where does he live?”

“He’s dead. He died. I saw it. All of it. I was there and every fucking day I wish that I could have went with him”she said and started to cry.

This startled Thaddeus, he didn’t like that she was thinking this and then admitting it out loud. “I take talk like that seriously, do I need to call someone?”he asked her sternly.

“No”she said as she cried

“Then don’t talk like that”he said as he held her close. She sighed, she couldn’t even remember the last time someone hugged her like this. Not them, they never showed her gratitude, love or comfort like this. “The club’s closing soon”he said as he noticed a crowd of people getting into their cars nearby. “Lets take a walk on the beach. Lets clear that head of yours…or do you wanna be alone?”

“I gotta help close up. She’ll literally bite my head off if I don’t. I cant just leave”

“I’ll wait for you”

“You sure? Its almost 3am…and its gonna take me a half hour at least-“

“I’ll wait for you”he said, more seriously this time.

“Ok, thanks Thad”she said to him. They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment and then she went back inside. She stayed out of Suzzette, Sasha and Serena’s way and closed up in record time. Thaddeus was her motivation to get the fuck outta dodge. She took off her button down shirt and adjusted her pink tank top, got her purse and ran outside. He wasn’t standing by her car anymore. She saw a note on her windshield.

‘Meet me on the dock’

She walked down to the beach and toward the dock. She saw him sitting on a big towel with a bottle of wine and a couple of plastic cups. She smiled,”I know it all looks kinda cheap but this is all I could get at 3am”he said to her

“Thanks you didn’t have to”she said to him as he poured her some wine.

“Now you trust me, right?”he asked her, she nodded,”You wanna tell me whats going on? I wanna help”he said to her

“Just don’t tell Suzzette”

“That means you don’t trust me. I wont tell anyone. It wont leave this dock”he said to her.

Ella nodded, she took a few huge gulps so that it would go straight to her head. She didn’t even remember the last time she got shit faced. She was always the DD lately. They sat there in silence and then she poured her heart out to him about her mother, then her father remarrying to Suzzette, her relationship with him, his death and how everything’s been since. “I hate my fucking life but I cant change it. I have nowhere to go. Im fucked if I do, fucked if I don’t. If I stay, I’ll die a miserable death waiting on those three hand and foot. If I don’t, I’ll be homeless”

“I’ll see what I can do”he said to her.

“You don’t have to do anything. My life is like this because I went on this path. I have to do this myself”

“No one goes on a path like this, no one asks for a life like this. What they can do is change it and accept help from the people who care about them”he said to her. The wind blew and her long hair billowed around her. He moved a few strands away from her face. “I care about you, Ella, and I wanna help you”he said to her. He then took her hand and held it in his.

“Thank you, Thad”she said to him as she put her head on his shoulder. They both stared at a lighthouse that was miles down the beach. Thad was like her lighthouse. He helped her to see a bright light when she felt so lost.

*
Chapter 4: Out Of My League by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/ella.jpgstories/537/images/justin.jpg

stories/537/images/kellycarlson.jpgstories/537/images/ke$ha.pngstories/537/images/britney.png

I’m scared, but not scared of living. I don't dare, I won't deny this love. I’ll decide what's best for me. I’m not out of my league. So scared but I’ll never give in. I don’t care what they may say 'bout us. Don’t tell me I’m out of my league. I’m not out of my league.- Ne-Yo



Thaddeus and Ella sat on the dock and talked until after the sun rose above the water. She poured her heart out to him and in turn he gave her many ways to start anew. She took mental notes and knew this would be a struggle. Getting her own freedom wouldn’t be easy. As much as she knew that Suzzette hated her, she knew that she needed her and that need was swallowing Ella whole. She had to go. She had to be free and answer to herself.

Ella tried her best to be careful and acted normal and even more submissive to Suzzette, Serena and Sasha’s demands. No questions or suspicions arose when she didn’t ask questions either. She stayed off of Suzzette’s computer and only texted Thaddeus when it was important. That didn’t last long though. Thad’s tip texts soon became full fledged conversations. Her phone vibrated in her pocket as she left Suzzette’s office. ‘Meet me at 15th & Broadview’, Thad’s text told her and she smiled. What did he have to show her?

She headed straight there before doing Suzzette’s errands, knowing that each one would take a lot of time to complete anyway. She arrived and saw a nice apartment complex that was across the street from a small lake. “Ella! Hey!”she heard Thad call and she walked up to the complex. He hugged her,”How are you?”

“Im ok”she said with a shrug. “Seeing you is the highlight of my day”she admitted awkwardly and blushed

Thad smiled,”This is going to be a highlight for the both of us”he said as he walked her in. “This is Karl”he said as he introduced her to a man behind the front desk. “We go way back and I got you a deal here”

Ella froze. “You mean moving here?”she asked him

Thad saw the fear in her eyes,”I know you have never lived on your own but…just check it out. And if you cant afford it, we can talk about it”he said to her. Ella nodded and she followed him and Karl up to the top floor and looked around the apartment. It was beautiful and it had a great view of the lake. “You are closer to the beach, just a couple of blocks and my office is just 5 minutes away”he said and winked at her

She looked at the brochure, compared to what they normally charge people, she was getting a great deal, but she was scared out of her mind. “This is great, Thad and I really appreciate it….”she said

Thad frowned,”There’s a but isn’t there?”

“In all seriousness, there’s a big one”she said and he laughed. She did too but she did awkwardly.

“Can you give us a minute, Karl?”Thad asked him and he nodded and went back to the front desk. “You look like your scared shitless. Whats this 'big but' you are speaking of?”he asked her. She sighed and walked out on the small balcony that connected to the living room. He followed her out and couldn’t help but stare at her big butt…

“Well the point of getting my own life and being free….it would only be best if I….left Charming right?”she asked him

“Oh? Um, well yes if you would feel that would be better for you. Where did you think about going?”

“I don’t know”she said with a shrug. “Its so complicated…”she said with a sigh as she looked out at the lake

“Its money isn’t it?”he asked her. She nodded. “I got you, El. Until you can get back on your feet, I can spot you. We actually have openings at my firm, if you would like-“

“I cant….Thad…..you cant do this”Ella said frustratingly. Why was he being so nice? Why was he even helping her at all? What was he getting out of this?

“Put your pride aside, El. Im doing this because I care. I swear. Pay me back when you can”

“I cant…its more complicated than that”she said

“How?”he asked her

“I….”she sighed, she felt so embarrassed.

“Come on, El, you gotta trust me. If you don’t….someone else has to help you with this…”

“I have an allowance”she blurted out. “After my dad died….Suzzette’s in control of my money. She gives me an allowance…$100 a week…which is ok. She knows that I am simple and don’t need to spend $300 on Manolo’s everyday like Serena does…but I never really got the chance to splurge on myself so who knows what Im like with money…”she said, her confession turning into a quiet rambling to herself

Thad sighed. This was more serious than he thought. “Let me guess. Her name’s on the account?”he asked her. She nodded. “What else has her name on it?”

“Everything…the house I live in……my car…..my paychecks….everything. She controls everything….”Ella said,”If I put a deposit on this apartment, she will see it”

“Ok, we’ll hold off on this apartment talk until we are sure. We cant promise anything with no collateral and you need to at least have your possessions in your name when you leave. Im no lawyer but I can find one-“

“No we don’t need to go that far”Ella said. “I’d rather leave without her hating me”

“Alright, well…have you got a resume and cover letter together? Have you thought about jobs that you wanted to apply for?”

“I did….its kinda small. A couple of mall summer jobs and internships….I just wanna dance, Thad. If I could, I would just jump on a cruise ship and dance in a big feathered hat and thong if that’s what it took for me to get out of here”

“I think your thinking about Vegas”Thad joked. “You want to audition for a cruise ship? I can try to find something for you? However, it’s the middle of the summer and they wont hold auditions until the spring maybe”

“I just want to dance”Ella said. “I don’t wanna make another spreadsheet. I don’t wanna stare at another computer. I don’t want to do someone else’s work for them”she said

Thad nodded. “I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before”he said. “Put a dance resume together and a headshot, practice an uptempo and a ballad to dance to and audition for my management company. I can sign you”he said excitedly

“Really?”

“And if the others don’t like you? I have the final say”he said to her. Then his phone buzzed. He sighed,”I have to rush to a meeting. Work on that for now and text me if you need anything”he said to her

She smiled and hugged Thad close to her. “Thank you so much, Thad. This means so much to me. No one ever goes out on a limb for me”

“I would give up a limb for you”he said to her. His eyes widened when he realized that he said that out loud. Hers did as well. He wanted to pull her close, to kiss her pain away. He wanted to take her on a cruise ship and take care of her like a man should. He wanted to go joyriding in a car and sing “Purple Rain” with her at the top of their lungs. His wanting for her created an urge in him that he couldn’t ignore. He leaned into her and she just stared at him wide eyed. He put his arm around her small waist and pulled her closer. She looked up at him with eyes that had a mixture of emotions. She was pleading him to kiss her but scared of the consequences and slightly curious. He leaned closer and she closed her eyes…..

“ELLA! WHAT’S THE STATUS ON THE CATERING!?”Suzzette’s voice rang in the air

Thaddeus jumped back away from her and she did so as well. Her phone was in her pocket and her walkie talkie volume was on the highest volume ever. She needed a new phone but Suzzette refused. With shaking hands, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and pressed the small walkie talkie button,”Um….Im here now discussing with them now”

“WHAT’S TAKING THEM SO LONG?”

“They are busy today”Ella said as she turned the volume down and gave an apologetic look at Thad. He sighed and laughed a little. “We are working it out, Suzzette. Don’t worry. I’ll call you only if there’s a problem”

“Well good, there better not be any problems! Opening night is in less than 48 hours! I don’t need bullshit!”Suzzette said firmly, but no longer yelling.

“There wont be, I’ll make sure of it”Ella said. She waited and then there was no answer. That must have been good enough for her. “Sorry about that”she said to Thad.

“You should invest in a new phone…one that wont yell at you”Thaddeus said with a laugh as they walked out of the apartment together.

*

Thaddeus texted her an hour later and told her that he and the other heads of the management company could see her on Monday morning. It seemed like enough time to anyone else but to her, that wasn’t enough time to choreograph two pieces when she was running around doing everything for everyone else. It was after midnight when she was looking through her planner to see if she could schedule any time for herself and she realized that now was the only time. She wanted to cry. The only time she had to herself was only when everyone else was sleeping and this was considered an early night for everyone. She tip toed to Serena’s dance room and closed the door and turned on a couple lamps. She then put in “Purple Rain” and sat there and listened to the soundtrack to get some inspiration. She soon started to relax as she listened to “Let’s Go Crazy”. She closed her eyes and saw Thad’s face. This song reminded her of all the crazy things that he would say to her to make her laugh. Prince’s guitar solo made her smile and she played air guitar along with him. Then “Take Me With You” came on. It was a duet with Prince and his then on/off screen lover, Appolonia. She smiled as she laid down on the floor with her eyes closed. She saw this movie so many times and she saw Prince and Appolonia riding on his motorcycle together in her mind's eye. Then it was her and Thad riding on a motorcycle, heading to a beach, her long hair billowing behind her as she held onto his waist. Did he own a motorcycle? That would make him even sexier. Then “The Beautiful Ones” came on and she smiled, this was one of her favorites. Her father’s as well.

Baby, baby, baby
What's it gonna be
Baby, baby, baby
Is it him or is it me?
Don't make me waste my time
Don't make me lose my mind baby

She then opened her eyes and was inspired. She started the song over and started to freestyle and soon she began choreographing her ballad piece.

Baby, baby, baby
Can't u stay with me tonight
Oh baby, baby, baby
Don't my kisses please u right
U were so hard 2 find
The beautiful ones, they hurt u everytime

Paint a perfect picture
Bring 2 life a vision in one's mind
The beautiful ones
Always smash the picture
Always everytime

If I told u baby
That I was in love with u
Oh baby, baby, baby
If we got married
Would that be cool?

U make me so confused
The beautiful ones
U always seem 2 lose

Baby, baby,
Baby, baby,
Baby, baby,
Baby,
What's it gonna be baby?

She danced with such passion. What was it going to be like? To leave this hell and truly be all alone in the world? Will Thaddeus be there for her? Through it all? Did he want her? She was sure that he wanted to kiss her but maybe he was caught up in the moment? She knew she wanted to kiss him, she wanted to do more than just kiss him. She threw herself into her choreography, her body moving distinctly off of her emotions.

Do u want him?
Or do u want me?
Cause I want u
Said I want u
Tell me, babe
Do u want me?
I gotta know, I gotta know
Do u want me?
Baby, baby, baby
Listen 2 me
I may not know where I'm going (babe)
I said I may not know what I need
One thing, one thing's 4 certain baby
I know what I want, yeah
and if it please u baby
please u, baby
I'm begging down on my knees
I want u
Yes I do
Baby, baby, baby, baby
I want you

Yes I do

She ended the piece on her knees and she smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. Although there were tears rolling down her face, she was just fine, she was happy. She loved to dance and this was what she needed to focus on. Her dreams. Herself. And she realized that she knew what she needed. She knew what she wanted. She wanted Thaddeus.

*

Sasha staggered into the house at God knows what time. She was tripping off of acid and she swore that a small group of blue tiny aliens walked into her house and went down the hallway. “Wait guys, you’ll wake up mom”she whispered excitedly to them as she followed them down the hallway. “My room is at the end of the hall, you can sleep there”she whispered to them. She heard music and followed the sound. The sound was coming from Serena’s dance room. What was she still doing up? She could never stay up past 2 am. She was more of an early riser. Sasha peeked in and saw Ella dancing to Prince. She frowned, what was she doing using Serena’s space? Sasha made sure to stay away from Ella ever since she caught her in the parking lot. She was surprised that Ella didn’t narc on her but she was waiting for it to happen. She didn’t trust her. She had to narc on her before it was too late.

*

Ella only practiced after everyone went to bed. It was the only way for her to get any peace and quiet. However, with opening night just a day away, she was swamped and only had a couple hours of sleep. She also had a recurring nightmare the past couple of nights of her being homeless and begging for money. She had to figure out how to get her money. It was absurd! Why couldn’t she have control over it!? She waited for Suzzette to leave the office and then immediately called her bank. “My step-mother is on my account and she would like to be removed”Ella explained. “Im 25 now and she feels she doesn’t need to be associated with it”

“Alright, well if you and your step-mother can come in during our business hours and we can get that taken care of. Just a couple of papers to sign”the woman said to her

“Um, well my step-mother is….out of town….and she wants this taken care of while she is gone”

“Well we need written or verbal consent from her. If you would like, you can download the form off of the website and send it to us, but we need her consent regardless”

Ella sighed. That was the problem. Suzzette would not consent to this. “Ok”she said defeatedly,”Thank you for your time”she said. She sighed. Maybe this was a sign. There were so many obstacles to getting freedom that it didn’t sound so appealing anymore. She was about to text Thaddeus when Serena walked in.

“Ella, please tell me that we got a package from Gucci today”Serena said to her. Ella didn’t say a word, she was texting on her cheap cell phone. “Ella! Earth to Ella!”she said louder. Ella jumped.

“Im sorry what?”

“Geez, are you deaf!? I asked if my dress from Gucci came in?”

“I can check with the guards at the gate, they have been signing off on packages today”Ella said solemnly

“Ok..”Serena said. What was up with her? “Oh and did you happen to know why Thaddeus turned me down?”she asked her. Ella looked at her with a blank stare. “I asked him to the ball and he turned me down. Do you know who he is taking?”

“I have no idea”Ella said solemnly, even though she felt happy inside, for the first time today. Was that a sign that he liked her?

“Hmmmm…..ok”Serena said and walked off. She walled into the kitchen and saw Sasha making a cup of coffee. “Rough night?”

“You know it”Sasha said as she scratched her throat

“Have you noticed that Ella has been….off lately? She looks like hell-“

“Who cares?”Sasha said. “Why would she be sad? She looked happy the other night”

“Spill”Serena said

“She was dancing to Prince….in your dance room at like 3 am the past couple of nights. I didn’t know she could dance like that-“

“She was using my dance room!?”Serena said. “That bitch! That’s worse than what I overheard her saying on the phone!”

“Spill!”Sasha said

“She was calling someone asking them to take mom off of one of her accounts. She lied and told them that she was out of town”

Sasha smiled,”We gotta tell Mom”

*

The big day arrived and Ella looked more like hell with each hour that passed. The nightmares kept her up at night as well as her late night rehearsals. She needed a change. She needed a vacation. She just needed to get away. She was at the club all day helping set up and decorate and now she was rushing home to help with whatever emergency Serena spoke of. She walked in and heard their voices. “Im here”she said non enthused.

“These need to be washed”Suzzette said as she gave her a pile of clothes

“My dress needs a little altering”Serena said,”Not enough boobs for Thaddeus”she said and winked at her. Ella wanted to slap her.

“I need some help with my body paint”Sasha said. “Isnt this awesome? It glows in the dark”she said as she spun around. She was wearing short shorts and a sparkly bustier a la Selena. She had stars, peace signs, hearts and chaotic squiggly lines all over her body. “I need you to get my hard to reach places”she said. Ella nodded. “Oh and I need you to make some calls for me….but that can wait” Ella nodded again.

She left the room and sorted the clothes and threw them in the washing machine and put the dry clean only’s in a bag and threw them in the washing machine. She altered Serena’s dress so it would show off her chest area. She wanted to vomit from not only having to stare at them while she talked about Thaddeus licking whipped cream off of them but also the fact that she was doing this for Thaddeus and she had a feeling that she was intentionally showing off in front of her. She must know about the chats, why else would she act so obnoxious? She then helped paint Sasha and helped do her hair. She also did the same with Suzzette and Serena as well as helping them decorate their masks. Since it was a fairy tale theme, everyone was wearing formal wear, tiara’s and masks. It was like prom all over again. However, her first prom was better compared to this. By the time she was done with them, she literally had 10 minutes to get herself together and get back to the club. “Do you all need anything else? I have literally 10 minutes to get ready and help Thaddeus set up-“

“I need you to call my bank”Sasha said. Serena laughed. Ella stood there awkwardly. What was so funny?

Suzzette rolled her eyes. “The bank calls can wait, Sasha, honestly…”she said,”Nothing else is needed from you, Ella. Go ahead and get ready”she said to her. Ella nodded and went upstairs to her room. She looked at herself in the mirror and didn’t like what she saw. She was going to need a couple of Red Bulls when she got to the club. She put on her simple black dress and put her hair up in a bun. Then she remembered Belle’s request and let her hair down. She put on some mascara and lipgloss. She heard movement outside her door as she got her purse. “Did one of you need a ride?”she called.

“No”Suzzette said as she closed Ella’s door. “In fact, you have been working so hard, Ella, that you deserve the night off. Tonight is the perfect night”

Ella looked at the door with an alarmed look on her face,”Are you sure-“ then she heard it lock. She ran to the door and tried to open it. She was locked in! She pounded on the door. “Suzzette! Let me out!”

“Tonight is perfect for a night off. The girls have been saying that you have been feeling off lately and that can only explain why you are calling MY bank and lying to get me off of MY account!?”Suzzette said

“That’s my money and I should be in charge of it!”Ella yelled

“Not in my house!”Suzzette said. “Sit in your fucking room and think about what you have done!”

“And forget about Thaddeus, he is out of your league!”Serena added

Ella heard them walk away and she pulled on the door and continued to bang on it. But no one could hear her. She sank to the floor and cried. She didn’t know what was worse. Being locked in here all night or having to deal with Suzzette’s wrath when the night was over….

*
Chapter 5: Set Adrift On Memory's Bliss by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/ella.jpgstories/537/images/justin.jpgstories/537/images/belle.jpgstories/537/images/kellycarlson.jpgstories/537/images/britney.pngstories/537/images/ke$ha.png

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

"Baby, will you be there when the mornin' comes? Just give me time, just give me time, to fix my life, to fix my life. Baby, will you be there when I open my eyes? After all the time I've spent wishing you. Baby you set me. Baby you set me. Set adrift on memory's bliss of you. Baby you set me. Baby you set me. Set adrift on memory's bliss of you"- Backstreet Boys




Ella sat there and sobbed for awhile as she leaned against her locked bedroom door. She felt useless. She felt like a slave. This was ridiculous! People don’t do this to people that they loved. Suzzette never loved her or her father. She loved her father’s money and once he was gone, she decided to do whatever she wanted with it and with her. She wasn’t an object to be toyed with. She wasn’t the help. She was supposed to be family. But she wasn’t. They never treated her as such. Only when her father was around, they would attempt to fake it. They were great fakers. Fake bitches. She couldn’t be a part of this fake reality anymore. She’d rather be in a fantasy than have this become her real life. She had to go. If this wasn’t a sign, she didn’t know what was.

She wiped her tears and found a couple of suitcases and fit everything she could in them as quickly as she could. Once she was packed, she stood there and stared at the door. Oh, that. She wasn’t thinking straight. What was the point in packing when she couldn’t get out. ‘I have to get out!’, her mind screamed. She tried throwing all of her weight into the door. Soon she just got bruised. She tried to break the knob off but ended up breaking the tools she used first. Then an idea sprung up in her mind. Her cousin, on her mother’s side, was quite a thief and knew how to unlock doors with her bobby pins. Ella found a few and went to work…..

*

Thaddeus adjusted his three piece gray tuxedo. He fiddled with the matching cane that he bought along with it. He bought it because Ella laughed for 10 minutes at him dancing with it. He loved her laugh, he loved her smile. She then told him to buy it and he said no, that he would look too goofy. “It would make you look sexy, in an old fashioned way, like Fred Astaire”he remembered her saying. She didn’t know that Fred Astaire was his childhood idol, that he sometimes still strives to dance at his caliber. So he bought it. Not only for himself but for her. He knew that she would be working tonight and there was no way out of it and he didn’t know of a way to get her out of it and still be his date. He knew that when he showed up and she saw him with the cane, that she would smile that beautiful smile of hers. Her cute little dimples will form and her dark eyes will shine so bright. “Damn”he said to himself. He had it bad. He had to tell her. Tonight.

However, she was nowhere to be found.

“Wow, a cane? Isn't that a bit much?”he heard someone ask. He turned around and saw a girl in a beautiful silver gown. She had a mask to match and had long blond hair.

“I think its just fine”he said,”And you are?”

“Damn, you don’t even recognize me?”

“The mask makes it hard…..Serena”he said, finally realizing who she was from the last comment. He has learned that when Serena was disappointed, her voice went up one octave.

“Well when are you going to dance with me, loverboy?”she asked him

“Later, when I'm not so busy”he said to her as he looked around for Ella.

“But your just standing there, how are you busy-“

“Suzzette! A quick word with you”Thaddeus said with relief when he saw her through the crowd and ran to her.

“I was just looking for you. Esmee is on in 10. I want you to say a few words before she begins since she’s your little protégé and all”Suzzette said. She looked stunning in a coral gown. He would go for someone like her, if it was 4 years ago and he was the same dumb boy he used to be. He was no longer attracted to bossy, spoiled bitches. He only worked with them because they knew how to get things done.

“That’s fine”Thaddeus said as he looked around. He was about to ask where Ella was and he turned to Suzzette but she was already gone. The club was getting packed. He gave up and went backstage to see how Esmee and Justin were doing.

*

“Yes!”Ella said as she heard a click and opened her bedroom door. She smiled for the first time in hours and gathered her bags and left the house in a hurry. She put her bags in the small trunk of her car and sped off without looking back. She approached a red light and then sighed. She needed to stop doing this. She needed to think about what her next step was going to be. Where was she going to go now? She inched forward in traffic and realized she was a block from the nightclub. Her mind was on auto-pilot and her instincts took her straight to the club just like any other day. This was another sign. She found a parking spot on the street and got out and walked toward the nightclub. She was going to walk in and quit. She was going to tell them that she hated them and that she was leaving them. And then what?, she asked herself. She stopped as she stared at the nightclub from across the street. She saw a lot of people waiting in a line that wrapped around the building. Everyone was wearing evening gowns, tuxedos and masks. She could hear the music blaring. Thaddeus was in there…but so were they. She panicked and turned around. Forget it, they didn’t deserve a goodbye. Thaddeus would understand. She would text him later when she knew what she was doing with herself.

“Hey, where are you going?”a familiar voice asked her

There was Belle wearing a hot pink, sequined gown. She looked marvelous! “I….I cant….”was all Ella could say and then she started to cry. Belle was startled and she hugged her close to her.

“Its alright”Belle comforted her,”Everything’s going to be alright”

*

"Right now my body's trembling. It's so damn hard to kick this feeling. Your heart is so cold and now I'm freezing. Wish you could feel the pain. I would arrange it, yeah yeah yeah"Esmee Denters sang as the crowd cheered, danced and sang along with her. Thaddeus was backstage with Justin Bieber, watching her, and so very proud of her. The night was going perfectly. She and Justin rode in on a horse drawn carriage while screaming fans threw flowers and rice and then they were rushed backstage to prepare for the show.

"Why aren't you dancing?"Justin asked him

"No one to dance with"Thaddeus said as he watch Esmee perform in a shorter and more sparkly version of her ball gown.

"Um, hello? There are a million huney's out there....I would go for them but....Esmee..."

"Will have your head for it, I know"Thaddeus said with a smile. Those two were cute, trying to keep their relationship a secret even though the tabloids talked about it everyday. He remembered those times, with a certain someone, but that was all over now.

"So that's my excuse. What's yours?"Justin asked him

"There's no one to dance with"Thaddeus said again, more seriously this time. "The one I want to dance with isn't here"

"Where is she?"Justin asked

"I have no idea"Thaddeus said as he looked at his watch. It was 10:30. He was getting worried. "It's time that I found out"he said as he walked away. He saw Sasha and finally asked,"Where is Ella?"

"No clue, but Serena has been looking for you"

"I found Serena. Where did you last see Ella?"

"Dude, whats your deal? Why do you care?"

"Why don't you care?"he asked her. She was hiding something and it was pissing him off. He was almost 30, a grown ass man and he did not like being treated like he was stupid.

Sasha stared at him wide eyed. He has never seen her so wide eyed.....due to the shit she was always smoking or inhaling. He was ruining her high and he didn't give a shit. "Ask....mom...."she almost stuttered, not knowing how to deal with him

"Fine, thanks for nothing"he said as he ventured off to find Suzzette.

*

"This is domestic violence, huney, and you have to fight back if you want any type of freedom"Belle said to her as she gave Ella a cup of tea. Belle took her back to her apartment which was a couple blocks from the nightclub to help her calm down. Ella then told her everything and Belle sat there and actually took notes.

"Oh no....they have never hit me"Ella said

"Well then you don't know what domestic violence is. Its not just physical. Its also emotional, verbal, sexual and what some people don't think about is economic abuse"Belle explained as she sat next to her. "It seems like you are going through verbal, emotional and economic abuse from those three"

"Economic abuse?"Ella asked

"Its a number of things. In your case, she is controlling your finances, jeopardizing employment through anyone else, taking money without your permission, denying you access and knowledge of your funds and putting your credit in jeopardy"Belle said

Ella nodded sadly,"Tha'ts exactly what is happening"

"You'll stay with me for a few days. I can give you all the information you need to get back on your feet"Belle said as she patted Ella's knee. "I was once in your shoes and I'm here to help. I cant watch Suzzette do this to you any longer and if I knew this was happening I would have kicked her ass myself"

"Thank you"Ella said,"The same thing happened to you?"

"I was abused, yes, then I ran away and came here and I have been better ever since"Belle said proudly. "But, we can talk about that later. Now its time for revenge"she said as she got up. "Ooooh this is making my head itch"she said and took her wig off. Ella gasped loudly. "Huney, honestly, what is up with you?"

Ella stared at Belle and finally realized. "Your a man?"

"No, I'm not"Belle said with attitude. "I had one operation to make sure of that. But yes, I used to be. That was Ben. Now, I'm Belle"she said as she put her wig back on and readjusted it. "Honestly, Ella, I didn't know you were so naive. How long have you known me?"she asked her

"We just started talking to each other a couple of weeks ago-"

"Oh calm down, I'll take it as a compliment, that means the transformation is working"Belle said. "Now revenge"she said as she pulled her into the bedroom. "Your loverboy is in there and we are going to blow his mind.....the PG way"she said and winked

*

Thaddeus was pissed off. No one was giving him a straight answer and Ella was nowhere to be found. He should be happy. The show was a success. It was sold out. Esmee was performing better than she has ever performed before. Justin's impromptu concert also brought the house down. However, at midnight, Esmee's show was ending and he wanted Ella to see what she helped create. It was 11:55. He was pissed off and worried sick. He decided to take matters into his own hands. He walked outside and took out his cell phone and found the contact in his list that he wanted to speak to and pressed 'talk'. "Hey, sorry to call you so late.....oh shit, Cali time....I forgot....so scratch that.....so um.....please tell me that you found them?"

*

"I'm going to sing one more song"Esmee said as the crowd cheered and booed (since she was announcing that this was the last song she was singing). "Its almost midnight so grab that special someone. I'm going to sing a cover of one of my favorite songs. It got more than 6 1/2 million hits on YouTube so I guess you all liked it too. Here is 'No One' by Alicia Keys"Esmee said and cued the band.

Thaddeus sighed,"Fucking shit"he muttered to himself as couples went out on the dance floor and the singles scrambled off to the bar or to find a dance partner. He saw Belle and half smiled at her and then all of a sudden Belle pushed a girl in a baby blue sequined dress into his arms. "I'm not dancing tonight!"he said to her

"Trust me!"Belle said and disappeared into the crowd

"Fine, but I don't want to be rude"Thaddeus said to the girl. "In all honesty, I'm kinda spoken for so don't get your hopes up"he said as he looked at the girl. Her mask covered her whole face except for her cheeks and lips. "I was waiting on someone to come here and I'm really worried...."he said and then stopped talking,"But you don't care"

"I do care. I care about you Thaddeus"the girl said. He barely heard her over the music but then she smiled. He saw those dimples. That gorgeous smile.

"Ella?!"

"I'm here"she said and he hugged her close

"Where have you been? Ive been-"

"No, lemme tell you later. Just hold me because it wont last long-"

"What do you mean? No one can stop me-"

"No one, no one, no one. Can get in the way of what I'm feeling"Esmee sang. "No one, no one, no one. Can get in the way of what I feel for you. You, you, you you. Cant get get in the way of what I feel for you"

"Mom! Its Ella! How did she get out!"Serena whined to Suzzette,"She's ruining everything! She's dancing with Thaddeus!"

Esmee ended her song. Sasha started to play music but kept the romantic feel going by playing "Set Adrift On Memory's Bliss" Thaddeus took the mask off of himself and then off of Ella. "I have been wanting to do this for weeks"he said as he leaned closer to her

"ELLA! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE!"Suzzette shouted

Ella gasped and ran out of the nightclub. She tripped as she ran through the door and left a shoe behind. She couldn't do it yet. She couldn't confront her yet. She cried as she ran back to Belle's apartment.

"You should be ashamed of yourself"Belle said to Suzzette as Thaddeus picked up Ella's shoe. "Ella told me everything. You are the definition of abuse, chick, and if I weren't a classy lady, I would beat your ass right here. Ella is no longer working for you and she is no longer going to be locked in your home!"

"Classy lady!? You!? Your just an old drag queen who has to pay for what I have!"Suzzette hissed at her

Belle slapped Suzzette across the face. "Fine I may not be classy but I'm more of a woman than you'll ever be. You'll be hearing from Ella's lawyers soon"she said and sashayed out of the nightclub as if it were a runway.

"Lawyers!? What lawyers!!!!!?"Suzzette shouted after her. Belle didn't answer. She saw Thaddeus holding Ella's shoe. "Thaddeus, this isn't what it looks like-"

"Save it for someone who cares"Thaddeus said coldly to her. "We'll talk about re-negotiating our contract on Monday"he said and walked out of the nightclub. He sent a text message to his assistants to take care of Esmee and Justin and the rest of the evening. He had more important things to attend to.

*

Ella let herself in with Belle's extra key and threw herself on the couch and cried. Where was her fucking backbone!? Why wasn't she born with one? Why did Suzzette scare her to death!? She calmed herself down as Belle walked in. "Are you alright?"she asked her. Ella shook her head no. "You will be. You forgot something"she said and nodded her head towards the door as Thaddeus walked in.

"Thad...."she said weakly and he walked over to her and held her. Belle went into her bedroom and left the two alone. "It was horrible"

"I know it was. Belle gave me the gist of it as we walked over here"Thaddeus said. "She said that she knew lawyers and I know some too. Ive been making a lot of phone calls"

"Can we not talk about my future right now? Its been a long day"Ella said. "I just want you to hold me"she said and Thad smiled and held her close.

"Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah. I know this much is true"played softly in the next room. The two of them laughed at Belle's attempt of making this moment romantic.

"Oh, I think this belongs to you"Thaddeus said as he got on his knee and lifted Ella's left leg so that it rested on his knee and slipped the shoe on her foot. "Its a perfect fit. You know what that means?"he asked her with a smile

"What does that mean?"Ella asked coyly

"We are a perfect fit"he said to her and helped her up. "And that you owe me a dance"he said as he pulled her close to him.

"You owe me a kiss"Ella said to him. Thaddeus smiled and then caressed her hair, caressed her face, he stared into her dark brown eyes and his fingers traced her dimple as she smiled. She was shaking in anticipation. Her mind was screaming,"KISS ME DAMN IT!" He then cupped her face in his hands gently and kissed her passionately and Ella clung to him like her hunger was fulfilled.

"Aww, that is so sweet"Belle whispered as she talked to GiGi on the phone. "Girl you should have been there and now I have a Disney reenactment in my living room"she said as she closed her door

"I love you, Thad"Ella whispered against his soft lips

"I love you too, Ella"he said and kissed her once more, leading to more.

*
Epilogue: The Way You Make Me Feel by Butterfly
Author's Notes:

stories/537/images/ella.jpgstories/537/images/justin.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com

"I like the feelin' your giving me. Just hold me baby and Im in ecstasy. Oh I'll be working from 9 to 5 to buy you things to keep you by my side. I never felt so in love before. Just promise me baby that you'll love me forevermore. I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied cuz you're the one for me"- Michael Jackson



Thaddeus smiled as "The Way You Make Me Feel" blared out of the stereo in Ella's new convertible that he bought her. It was a congratulatory/ I love you so much gift. Ella's life has changed drastically but for the better and they wouldn't have it any other way. Now every time he heard this song, he was reminded of how Ella sashayed into the audition room a couple of months ago like she was a star. Her new found confidence, taught to her by none other than Belle, made him want her more. She danced to "The Beautiful Ones" by Prince and "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson. Thaddeus already wanted to sign her but as soon as she danced like that in front of the rest of the heads of his company, they were all in agreement. Ella was signed, she was a dancer, just like she wanted.

With the help of Belle and her connections through the shelter that she mentored sexual minority teens, they found lawyers for Ella to take Suzzette to court. They filed a restraining order on her and her two daughters and the judge ordered all monies in Ella's name to be given to her immediately.

With the help of Thaddeus's connections, he was able to reunite Ella with her mother's side of the family and her father's long lost half sister. He always told Ella that there was a child that was born before him but never met her and never knew what had happened to her. Ella was going to meet her for the first time today. Thaddeus parked the car on the pier as Ella gasped. "Thad! Is that a yacht!?"

"Now I know its not a cruise ship but I couldn't get one to ourselves on such short notice. So this yacht will suffice for your family right?"

"It will be more than enough!"Ella said as she leaned forward and kissed him passionately,"Thad, you are too good for me. I don't deserve you"

"Yes, you do. You deserve to have a prince charming and that's what I am going to be for you, Ella. I love you"

"I love you too"Ella said excitedly as she kissed him again. "Lets explore this baby"she said as she hopped out of the car and got her bags and ran onto the yacht.

Thaddeus chuckled as he watched her squeal giddily as she ran around the yacht. He smiled as he took a box out of his pocket and opened it. He looked at the 14 carat ring that was held inside and smiled. Yes, she deserved a prince charming, and that's what he will be for her, until the end of time.

*
This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1040