Breedin' Rights by PriscillaPal
Summary:

A True Blood AU story. What do Eric Northman, Alcide Herveaux and Russell Edgington, all have in common? Answer: they all need Tara Thornton.


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Tara Thornton
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama
Story Status: None
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 39647 Read: 43622 Published: 02/07/11 Updated: 27/08/11
Story Notes:

I have incorporated themes from 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Charmed' that readers will recognize.

1. Chapter 1 by PriscillaPal

2. Chapter 2 by PriscillaPal

3. Chapter 3 by PriscillaPal

4. Chapter 4 by PriscillaPal

5. Chapter 5 by PriscillaPal

6. Chapter 6 by PriscillaPal

7. Chapter 7 by PriscillaPal

8. Chapter 8 by PriscillaPal

9. Chapter 9 by PriscillaPal

10. Chapter 10 by PriscillaPal

11. Chapter 11 by PriscillaPal

Chapter 1 by PriscillaPal

BACKSTORY:  This is an Alternate Universe True Blood fan fiction. One where in which Bill and Sookie are engaged, but other events have come into to play...

Ruby Jean Reynolds suddenly stopped being crazy and married the Vampire King of Mississippi, Russell Edgington! Lafayette doesn’t know WTF to think, when Ruby Jean invites him to live in the mansion Russell owns in Bon Temps AND seems totally accepting of his relationship with nurse Jesus Velazquez.

But there is trouble waiting in the wings, that begins upon the death of Tara’s mother, Lettie Mae Thornton...
 
                                                        ****

    Vampire Bill Compton was grateful that Lettie Mae Thornton’s funeral was in the evening. Though he didn’t think that was for his benefit, since he barely knew Tara after all of this time. But he was grateful he could be with Sookie, who was determined to look after her friend during her time of need.

    But Lettie Mae’s funeral brought some curious mourners to the small church where it was being held. Mourners that aroused suspicion in him.

    Bill saw Lafayette, of course, and his lover Jesus.

    He also saw Eric Northman!

    A man sitting across from him in a pew smelled suspiciously like a werewolf.

    But the biggest surprise of all was the King of Mississippi’s arrival with his new wife, who just happened to be Lafayette’s mother! And Bill’s understanding of Ruby Jean’s past was that she used to have a mental illness. Bill had never thought mental illness was something one just ‘got over’.

    Tara and Sam walked up to the coffin. Bill eyed Sam warily. If the truth be told, he was glad to see him taking such interest in Tara. That meant he’d keep the hell away from Sookie!

    Tara looked different these days. The braids were gone and her her hair was straight and long. It rested on one shoulder as she clung to Sam willing herself not to cry. Bill looked around and noted that Northman and the wolf smelling guy, were watching Sam and Tara intently. As were Russell and Ruby Jean. What the hell was going on here?

    Sookie, who had been in the bathroom, rejoined him. She looked over at the wolf smelling guy.

    “Hey, Alcide! Bill, that’s Alcide Herveaux. Remember when I told you about Eric’s hiring him to fix up my house after Mary Ann messed it up?”

    Bill glanced over at this ‘Alcide’. He smiled at Sookie and nodded coolly to Bill. Bill dragged his eyes off of him and looked back at Sookie.

    “And he knows Tara?”

    “I guess. I mean you know, Tara was in and out of the house while he and his men were working on things.” Sookie answered.

    “And Eric back there? Tara knows him too?” Bill continued to press. Sookie turned back behind her and saw Eric sitting in the back. He grinned at her! Sookie turned back to Bill.

    “I don’t think Tara knows him. But maybe he’s here because of Ruby Jean’s new husband. He’s a vamp, right?”

    “He’s a gay vamp, yes. So I can’t see why he would marry an indigent woman with mental problems.”

    “Bill!” Sookie chastised. “It’s none of our business how they got together! And maybe Ruby Jean’s husband is no longer gay...”

    “Sookie, please. Even you don’t believe that. You work with LaFayette. What does he say about his new ‘step-father’?”

    “Oh. Well LaFayette doesn’t work at Merlotte’s anymore. He said his step-father found work for him.” Sookie confided.

    Meanwhile, LaFayette and Jesus sat in the front pew, watching Tara and Sam. His mother and step-father, Russell, were sitting some space away in the same pew.

    “I’m telling you, Jesus, I don’t like this shit.” LaFayette muttered.

    “What choice do we have?” Jesus muttered back. “he’s paying for my mother’s cancer treatments.”

    “Yeah, I get that Jesus, but he’s forced me to learn more about my powers than I ever wanted to.”

    “You have to if Tara and you are going to do what Russell wants.”

    “Tara knows NOTHING about her powers! And this is the last thing she needs right now. And look at those muthafuckers over there.” LaFayette sniffed, referring to Alcide and Eric.

    “I like Eric, kind of.” Jesus admitted.

    “Yeah, he’s alright. But still...”

    Ruby Jean suddenly rose to walk up to the coffin with Sam and Tara. Russell moved so that he was sitting next to LaFayette and Jesus.

    “Keep it down, boys. There are vamp ears perked in this church.”

    “Fuck that! And you keep your ass out of my room at night!” LaFayette snapped. Russell grinned, then looked at Jesus.

    “It’s not YOUR ass I want. How is your mama doing, Jesus?”

    Meanwhile, Tara gave Sam a dirty look!

    “You have to go? Now?”

    “Tara, honey, a new waitress is starting today. Remember? I need to be there when she starts. Now you have your family and friends here. And I’m here for you, always, you know that.”

    “Just not today.” Tara said dully and looked away. Ruby Jean put an arm around Tara and smiled at Sam.
   
    “Now don’t you worry none about her. Go and conduct your business. Tara understands, don’t you, Tara?”

    Tara did not answer. Sam reluctantly left and Ruby Jean gently chastised her niece.

    “Tara, you know that man did not want to leave. But he has to work.”

    “He owns the bar, Aunt Ruby Jean! And I still want to know when you started speaking in whole sentences?”

    Ruby Jean smiled tolerantly but did not answer. Tara’s eyes tore from hers and focused on the Reverend Daniels and his wife. The same Reverend Daniels who had an affair with her mother, promised to leave his wife then never did---causing Lettie Mae to drink herself to death.

    Ruby Jean cast a sly glance back at Russell, before leading Tara back down to the pews. She ended up sitting next to Ruby Jean and Russell as the Reverend Daniels began his eulogy.

    “Lettie Mae Thornton had an amazing life, even though it was rather short...”

    Tara blinked. What?! What was so ‘amazing’ about it? The woman had been drunk most of her damned life until recently, then started drinking again no thanks to this muthafu...

    “She was the type of person that made you laugh so hard, that you ended up crying...”

    Now Tara began peeking around the church. No one knew WHO the hell Reverend Daniels was talking about! Then again, maybe this was the Lettie Mae he knew privately. The Lettie Mae who’s heart he broke...

    Suddenly, Tara couldn’t stand hearing this man’s voice anymore. She closed her eyes as if to shut him out of her head, then heard screams!

    When Tara’s eyes opened, she could see that a stain glassed light, that had hung above the reverend, had fallen on him! Everyone was rushing up to see to the gravely, injured man. Tara stood up, feeling oddly satisfied and walked out of the church for some night air.

    Bill Compton did not think what had happened was an accident. Sookie was hovering over Reverend Daniels, but others had stayed in their seats. Those being Eric, Alcide, Lafayette, Jesus and Mr. and Mrs. Edgington.

    Tara had walked out.

    Bill watched as Sheriff Andy Bellfleur walked out after Tara. Then Eric followed after them. What the living hell was going on? And would Sookie be pulled into this?

                                                            ****

    “Tara Thornton, what happened in there?” Andy asked in a no-nonsense tone.

    “What are you asking me for? You saw what happened!”

    “You’re the only one that walked out like you could give a fuck!”

    “I don’t give a fuck! How is not giving a fuck against the law, Andy?”

    “Look, everyone knows your mama took up with the reverend in there, and things ended badly. I’m going to have to investigate to make sure that that light wasn’t rigged to fall on him.”

    “You’re shittin’ me, right? You think I rigged the light?”

    “Well...yeah.”

    “Lord in the morning! You see how high that damned light was! How would I have gotten up there?”

    “With a ladder, like anyone else.”

    Suddenly, Eric appeared and walked up to Andy.

    “Sheriff, I’m sure that there are other suspects to look at. After all, the good reverend is very popular with the ladies.” Eric said smoothly.

    Andy blinked.

    “I know you’re scared of heights, Tara. There are other suspects I want to look at. Have a pleasant evening.”

    And with that, Andy walked back into the church, just as an ambulance pulled up. Tara looked away.

    “A ‘thank you’ will suffice.” Eric said.

    “Why? Look, I know you did that to score points with Sook. And I didn’t need your help. So be on your way, okay?” Tara sniffed.

    “I didn’t glamour the sheriff to make brownie points with Sookie. I saw a great injustice about to take place. Did you really want to go to jail on the night your mother is being buried?”

    “What I don’t want is to talk about this with YOU.” Tara said, looking away. When she looked back, Eric was gone. Good! Now maybe she could have some peace...

    “Tara?”

    Tara looked behind her and saw a man that looked vaguely familiar. So vague that she just couldn’t place him. He was about as tall as that blonde vampire that had just gotten out of her sight.

    “Uh...yeah?”

    “I was sorry to hear about your loss.”

    “Oh. Thanks.”

    “You don’t remember me?”

    “Sorry, no. Did you know my mama?”

    “Tara, my name is Alcide. Herveaux? My company worked on Sookie’s house?”

    Tara just stared up at him.

    “You got me a drink of water one time?”

    “Oh, yeah! How’ve you been?” Tara asked politely. “You did a good job on the house. What brings you by?”

    “Your mother died.” Alcide said, as if prompting her.

    Tara eyed him.

    “Yeah but I barely know you. You’re here for Sookie, right?”

    The doors to the church opened and the paramedics carried out an unconscious Reverend Daniels, along with his wife who gave Tara a pointed look.

    Tara gave her the middle finger in kind, then turned to Alcide.

    “Do have a car here?”

    “Yeah, why?”

    “I want you to take me someplace.” Tara answered.

                                                        ****

    They pulled up in front of Merlotte’s.

    “I’m not sure a bar is where you need to be right now.” Alcide said gruffly. But Tara was already out of the car.

    “It’s alright. This is exactly where I need to be. Thanks for the ride and for coming to my mother’s funeral.” Tara said. She then walked into the bar. Alcide parked, got out of the car and walked in as well. He nodded at the new waitress, that Sam had been forced to leave Tara to meet.

    Debbie Pelt gave her former boyfriend a slight nod back, as she gave Sam her full attention. Alcide then turned to leave just as Tara walked up to them.

    “Tara? What on earth?” Sam asked. Tara looked from him to Debbie.

    “I’m Tara, the bartender. You must be the new waitress?”

    “I’m Debbie.” was all she said. Tara nodded and looked at Sam again.

    “Sam, can we talk? In your office?”

    Sam nodded, then motioned to Arlene to help Debbie. Once inside Sam’s office, Tara threw herself into his arms!

    “Sam, I couldn’t deal with it! I needed to be with someone that I know cares something about me!”

    Sam set her away from him.

    “I more than care ‘something’ about you. But to leave your mother’s funeral...”

    “There was an accident. A light fell on Reverend Daniels. Andy was acting as if I rigged it.”

    “What the FUCK?!” Sam snapped. “He thought you tried to kill the reverend?”

    “I guess I can’t blame him. Everyone knows about Mama and him. I guess I was the most likely suspect.”

    “Well what happened? You’re here so Andy changed his mind?”

    “Oh one of Sookie’s vamp friends glamoured him into forgetting me as a suspect. I don’t even know why he was there.” Tara groused. Sam said nothing,  but he suspected Tara was referring to Eric Northman. Sam had seen him and wondered why he was there as well.

    “Listen, here are the keys to my trailer. Wait for me there.”

    Tara nodded, smiling softly before kissing him. She left his office and said goodbye to Terry, Arlene and the new waitress Debbie. Debbie stared after her for a bit, before beginning on her own business there--that being the seduction of Sam Merlotte

                                                          ****

    There was a meeting of evil at the Edgington mansion, after Ruby Jean took over where Tara left off. She made sure her sister was properly buried, helped Sookie feed everyone at the after event at Sookie’s home, then returned to the quiet of her study.

    Only it wasn’t so quiet.

    Jesus was up in  LaFayette’s room, waiting for him. LaFayette, Eric, Alcide and Russell, were in the study as well.

    Ruby Jean sat down.

    “Well? What did you think of that ‘accident’?” Ruby Jean asked blithely.

    “I thought it was fucked up!” Lafayette snapped. Ruby Jean’s eyes narrowed.

    “No one asked you a goddamned thing, boy! You just keep making sure your powers get stronger. You’ll need them.” Ruby Jean huffed.

    “Oh yeah...I know...because according to your visions, there is an apocalypse coming and anyone not human, witches, vamps and shifters, will be killed, right?”

    “Show your mama some respect, LaFayette,” Russell said coolly, “Ruby Jean, yourself and Tara have powers that rival none other. They just need to be honed some. I want you to continue working with Mr. Northman here. You should be able to cause natural disasters by now.”

    “Your majesty,” Eric said in a ass kissing tone, “he will be ready by the end of the week.”

    “What?!” LaFayette protested, “how in the hell am I going to...”

    “Hush!” Ruby Jean snapped, then looked at Alcide.

    “Well? How did your part go?”

    Alcide, who was leaning against the fireplace, took a deep breath before speaking.

    “She’s connected with Merlotte. I put someone in place to pry her from him.”

    Eric grinned!

    “You mean your V addicted ex-girlfriend?”

    Russell peered at Eric.

    “You don’t agree with Mr. Herveaux?”

    “I don’t think a drug addicted were-fox, is up to the task of taking Sam Merlotte from Tara, no.” Eric replied.

    LaFayette spoke.

    “I think your plans for Tara are fucked up...but...Sam is a sucker for women in distress. It might actually make her more desirable to him. What I don’t understand is what the werewolf over here wants with Tara? I mean you vamps need Tara and me to come up with a spell, that will let you wear rings, that will let you all run around during the day.”

    “Without getting the bleeds.” Russell reminded his step-son.

    “Whatever! But what does the werewolf get?” LaFayette asked, looking at Alcide.

    Alcide stepped forward.

    “Breedin’ rights.”

    LaFayette’s eyes widened and he slowly stood up.

    “What the fuck did you just say?”

    Eric stood up as well.

    “That’s right, LaFayette. The Were’s want to create a new type of hybrid, if you will, with wolves and witches. A witch of Tara’s caliber...”

    “You’re shittin’ me, right? Tara isn’t going to go for you! And breaking up her and Sam...”

    “Isn’t Jesus waiting for you?” Russell interrupted. Ruby Jean grabbed her son’s arm and pulled him from the room. Once they were gone, Eric spoke more plainly--and insultingly.

    “Not to be rude, but I overheard your exchange with Tara at the church. She didn’t even remember getting you a drink of water.”

    Alcide folded his arms.

    “You just do your part, Northman, and let me worry about what I need to do.”

    “What you need to do, is get Tara in your bed for the next three full moons, in order to conceive a child with her,” Eric said drolly, “and the next full moon is two nights from now. Now if you need me to glamour her into sleeping with you, then I’ll want in on the action. A nice threesome...”

    Alcide took a step towards Eric but Russell interrupted.

    “That will be all,  Mr. Northman. I’ll be in touch when you can begin training Tara.”

    Eric bowed.

    “Your majesty.” he said, ignoring Alcide before leaving the study. Once the door closed, Russell looked at Alcide.

    “It’s not like the viking doesn’t have a point. And he doesn’t know the half of it. You need to fuck this woman not only on the next three full moons, but one time has to be in water, one on metal and the other on wood.”

    “Not a problem.” Alcide gruffly.

    “Plus, you’re talking about marrying this gal...”

    “I want more than one child, so yeah, I’ll have to marry her...”

    “And you saw what she did to the good reverend at her own mother’s funeral. Who’s to say she won’t use her powers on you, when she finds out she’s been tricked? Human women can be complicated.”

    Alcide said nothing to that. Everyone knew Russell had only married Ruby Jean once he found out she was a psychic witch, who was seeing the end of anything supernatural. Russell had a lover he still kept on the premises here someplace. And he suspected that lover was Jesus, but couldn’t prove anything.

    “Like I said,” Alcide answered, “just make sure everyone does their parts and this will all work out fine.”

    Russell let it go, though Alcide had not answered his question as to how he planned on getting a woman he barely knew, to have sex with him two nights from now? Then again, these things actually happened all of the time. All he wanted was that damned ring, and the sooner Tara and LaFayette learned how to make that happen, the better.

Chapter 2 by PriscillaPal


    Tara awoke in Sam’s bed and felt like she should never leave. She got up, smiling at the still sleeping Sam, put on a robe and padded out to the kitchen. She began getting the makings together for pancakes, when the door to the trailer opened, and Sam’s little brother, Tommy, sauntered in.

    Tara didn’t know what to make of Tommy. He was polite but she could tell that there was something going on between the boy and Sam. It was as if Sam was taking him in because he felt obligated, and that was it.

    “You want some breakfast?” Tara asked, thinking she might as well cook for him too.

    “No thanks. Debbie fixed me something.”

    “Debbie?”

    “Yeah, you know, that waitress Sam hired the other day? Best investment my big brother could’ve ever made! She fucks like a steam engine.”

    Tara slowly began mixing some batter together.

    “You spent the night with the new waitress?”

    “Yep!” Tommy crowed, putting his hands behind his head. Tara sighed. This Debbie didn’t sound too bright. Sam stumbled out wearing a robe and peered at Tommy.

    “You just get in?”

    “Yep!”

    Tara walked over to the stove and began pouring the batter onto a griddle. She decided not to say anything to Sam about what Tommy just told her--not that it mattered. Tommy then began yapping.

    “That Debbie is fucking hot, Sam! Thanks for hiring her!”

    Sam walked past him, opened up the trailer door, got the paper and stepped back in again.

    “Uh thanks, I think? So you worked with her the other night?”

    “I did more than ‘work’ with her. Though I have to say, while we fucked, she kept pumping me for infor...”

    “Whoa! You fucked my new waitress?!” Sam asked, his tone bordering on outrage. Tara turned the burner down very low and looked over at them.

    “Sam, just leave it be.”

    “Hell no, Tara, I’m not going to leave it be! By the time my little brother is through with her, I’ll need to hire a new waitress! Stay the fuck away from her, okay? You’ve already stressed out Hoyt with your bullshit with Jessica.”

    “Hoyt should face me like a man, if he wants to de-stress over Jessica--man, he doesn’t deserve her...” Tommy ranted.

    Tara flipped the pancakes just as a knock on the door caught their attention. Sam walked over and opened it to Andy Bellfleur. And unfortunately, whatever ‘glamouring’ that had been done on him the other night, had worn off.

    “Sam, Tommy...Tara. Sorry to bother you this mornin’, but Lula Daniels is screaming bloody miurder--the Reverend passed in the night.”

    Tommy looked confused. Sam eyed Tara, who turned off the burner and faced Andy.

    “Andy, don’t tell me you’re back here accusing me of this shit, again?”

    “I need for you to get dressed and come on down to the station.”

    “Andy, this is ridiculous, you know that, right?” Sam asked.

    “I have to be thorough here, Sam. Sorry. Tara, could you get dressed?”

    Tara sighed, flipped one last pancake that had begun to bubble, then shuffled off to get dressed. Sam followed her.

    “Tara, let me come with you.”

    “Why? They don’t have nothing.”

    Sam gently rested his hands on her shoulders.

    “Why would you question why I would want to be with you now? How long are we going to keep denying that we are much more than ‘friends with benefits’.”

    “Sam...”

    “No, Tara. You came to  me yesterday because you wanted to be with someone that cared. I more than care. And you more than care about me. Let’s get dressed, go down to the police station together and lay this crap to rest, okay?”

    Tara said nothing for a long moment, then nodded.

                                                         ****

    Because of her ability to see the future, Ruby Jean was already at the police station, when Andy walked in, followed by Sam and Tara. Sam frowned when he saw her.

    “Tara? Ain’t that your aunt?”

    Tara saw Ruby Jean sitting in a waiting room chair and frowned. She made her way over to her.

    “Aunt Ruby Jean? What are you doing here?”

    “Oh Tara honey!” Ruby Jean cooed, pulling Tara into an embrace so tight, Tara thought she would choke! She managed to pull away.

    “Why are you here? Are you in some kind of trouble?” Tara asked.

    “Honey, no. Lula Daniels has been running her mouth all over creation, that you killed her husband. I knew they’d be bringing you down here.”

    “The reverend’s wife is saying Tara is a killer?” Sam asked uneasily.

    “Hello, Sam. Yes, sorry. Russell would’ve been here but you know...it’s day...so he’s asleep.”

    “Oh, right.” Tara replied. “It’s okay because we all know that I don’t know nothin’ about rigging anything.”

    “Tara!” Andy barked. Tara looked at Sam, giving him a quick kiss, before walking towards Andy and into an interrogation room. The door closed and Sam exhaled. Ruby Jean swallowed the small amount of guilt that was creeping into her stomach. Sam Merlotte clearly cared for Tara. Would that damned werewolf show her the same devotion?

    Speaking of...Ruby Jean’s cellphione rang and she could see Alcide was the caller.

    “Yes?” she asked in a tight voice.

    “I thought Eric Northman glamoured the sheriff last night?”

    “He did.”

    “Then why the fuck is Tara in jail?” Alcide asked gruffly.

    “She’s not. She’s being questioned.” Ruby Jean said then mouthed to a curious Sam ‘LaFayette’. Sam, believing that was who she was talking to, nodded absently.

    “The point is, if they arrest her, then that fucks up the plan, doesn’t it?”

    Ruby Jean cleared her throat and moved out of Sam’s hearing.

    “Alcide, the plan is to get Tara over to the mansion today. Your company is working on our pool house. You can spend some time with her then.”

    “Not if she’s in jail. And all the goddamned vamps are asleep! So she can’t be glamoured out!”

    “Then we’ll get her out fhe old fashioned way--I’ll get her a lawyer. Goodbye!” Ruby Jean snapped, hanging up on him. She was beginning to feel like LaFayette about this whole thing. But hell, the breeding either had to come from LaFayette or Tara, and since LaFayette wasn’t into women...

    “Is LaFayette coming down?” Sam asked.

    “Uh, no. He doesn’t feel as if he’d be any help. I’m sure Andy will realize this is a big mistake and it will all get cleared up.” Ruby Jean smiled reassuringly.

    Meanwhile, Alcide, who was with his crew on Russell Edgington’s estate, made another call--to Debbie Pelt.

    “Tell me you’ve fucked that shifter at least once already?” Alcide asked.

    “You know these things take time, baby.”

    “Don’t ‘baby’ me! We had an agreement. I would keep you and that rat bastard boyfriend of yours, Coot, in ‘V’, if you made sure Tara saw you having sex with Sam Merlotte. I need it done before the full  moon tomorrow night.”

    “And it will be. I’ve already fucked his brother...”

    “Lord, Jesus, no one told you to go and do that!”

    “Well it’s done! And I got a lot of information about your couple from doing that! Do you want to hear about it, or what?”

    “Yeah. Later. I’ll call you with a time and place.” Alcide said, before hanging up. He glanced around the property. Yes, everything would look legit when Tara showed up today. Alcide didn’t like doubting himself when it came to women, but Eric Northman’s jibes last night had rattled him. What IF he couldn’t get Tara Thornton into  bed by tomorrow night? He needed some kind of back up plan. And no, waiting until the next full moon next month, was not in the cards. He didn’t want to wait.

    Alcide shook off his doubts. There was no point in thinking like that. Once he spent some time alone with Tara, he would be able to gauge what his chances were for success tomorrow night.

                                                        ****

    “You know, maybe someone should tell Lula Daniels that her husband made a lot of enemies! Hell, there are plenty of angry husbands that could’ve rigged that light. I don’t know why you’re blaming me.” Tara huffed.
   
    “Lula Daniels said that your mama, Lettie Mae, seduced the good reverend and almost broke up their family home. When Lula confronted her husband, he chose to stay with his family. Lettie Mae took it hard and drank herself to death. You decided to avenge your mama by killing the reverend.” Andy ‘revealed’.

    “During MY mother’s funeral? Andy, really! I’m telling you I don’t know shit about rigging anything!”

    Andy folded his arms and regarded her for a long moment, before speaking again.

    “Fine, Tara. I don’t have enough to hold you. But I don’t want you leaving town anytime soon.”

    “Where am I going to go? And I think this is messed up! Do you have my fingerprints on anything?”

    “We’ll be in touch.” was all Andy said to that. Tara jumped up and stomped out of the room. Sam and Ruby Jean were still wating.

    “Well?” Sam asked.

    “Andy told me not to leave town! I can’t believe this! And he’s insinuating that I’m some kind of suspect! You know what? I’m going to talk some sense into Lula Daniels!”

    “No, you are not!” Sam argued. “There’s been enough trouble all around.”

    “Sam’s right, honey,” Ruby Jean echoed, “I’ll tell you what? Let’s let Sam get to his business and you come out and see my new house? We’ll hire a lawyer as well, in case this turns into real trouble.”

    Sam felt relieved. He hated to even go there, but he liked Ruby Jean’s thinking. It WAS time to bring in a lawyer. And if Tara was at the Edgington estate, then she couldn’t be up in Lula Daniels face, making things worse for herself.

    “I think your aunt has a good idea. Go with her.” Sam whispered.

    “Sam, I need to keep busy. I’ll work today or something.” Tara answered back.

    Ruby Jean interrupted.

    “Tara, we need to get to know one another again. I intend on stepping into the shoes that Lettie Mae couldn’t fill. I’m just reconnecting with my boy...please, give me a chance?”

    “Aunt Ruby Jean, this is not about not wanting to give you a chance. I just...I mean you married a vampire and that isn’t even legal, I think.” Tara said.

    “All the more reason for you to come with me. Like I said, Russell is asleep. Lafayette and Jesus will be around. You just need some time to relax.” Ruby Jean said in a lulling tone of voice. Tara looked at Sam with questioning eyes.

    “You think I should do this?”

    “I do.” Sam smiled, kissing her forehead. “Go have some fun with your aunt. I’ll see you later.”

    Tara watched as Sam walked away. She barely felt her aunt’s arm, as she lead her out of a side door and to her car. She could not shake the feeling that going out to Russell Edgington’s estate was a mistake.

                                                           ****

    Lafayette glanced over at Alcide, when he spotted his mother and Tara coming towards the pool area.  Alcide and his crew were ‘supposed’ to be making plans to put in a pool house. So there was a lot of fake looking construction stuff around. But LaFayette knew no such thing was going on.

    Jesus did too. They both lay on chaise’s, while wearing nothing but swimming trunks. Alcide, who was wearing nothing but a pair of overalls, glanced at Ruby Jean and Tara, as if they were passing acquaintances.
    
    “This. Is. Fucked. Up.” LaFayette said in a low, sing-song voice.

    “Chill, okay? If what Tara and this Sam guy has is strong, then the plan will fall through, okay? But for now we have to go along with it. Is Eric coming over tonight?”

    “Yeah for more messed up witch training.” LaFayette replied, as Ruby Jean and Tara  presented themselves.

    “Boys? Look who’s here!” Ruby Jean said brightly, glancing over at Alcide, who was standing some distance away.

    LaFayette got up and enveloped Tara in a big bear hug!

    “Tara, when mama said that the po-po had you...”

    “The po-po never had me. This is all a mistake.” Tara said, smiling up at him. LaFayette looked good. Really good. Living this good life agreed with him. Jesus stood up and hugged her as well, even though he didn’t know her all that well.

    “Hey, Tara. I was at your mother’s service. Sorry for your loss.”

    “It’s okay. Mama is in a better place.” Tara said, as she tried to shake the feeling that someone was staring at her. She looked over at a construction crew that read ‘Herveaux Construction’.  Tara raised a brow, then looked at her aunt.

    “You all hired Alcide’s crew to do some work out here?” Tara asked. Ruby Jean feigned ignorance.

    “Who? I’m sorry, dear, but Russell takes care of the hiring around here.”

    “Alcide Herveaux...his company fixed up Sookie’s house. Isn’t that something that he’s out here now.” Tara said more to herself than anyone else. She smiled wanly at him, as he greeted her smile with a nod. Ruby Jean coughed!

    “I’m going to see about  getting you all some lunch. I’ll be back.” she said and hurried off back towards the house. Tara glanced after her aunt, then focused on Jesus.

    “So did you quit working too?”

    “Who said I quit working?” Jesus asked, sounding slightly defensive.

    “Well, hell, it’s got to be almost ten in the morning! Unless you’re working the night shift--you did work at the hospital my aunt used to live in, right? What’s up with that anyway? I mean for years she was crazy and now she’s like anyone else. Did you all use new drugs on her or something?”

    That, was one too many questions for Jesus! Worse yet, he had not anticipated being the one having to lie on this day.

    “I think it was a miracle.” LaFayette said. “Listen, Jesus and I are going back up to the house for a minute. Why don’t you look around for a bit, okay?”

    Tara frowned as the two guys got the hell out of Dodge! Tara continued frowning, as the same feeling came over her from before. The one that told her she had no earthly business being out at some vamp’s mansion, while he slept. What she needed to be doing is confronting lying ass Lula Daniels AND getting her pound of flesh for her mother’s pain.

    She suddenly looked over at Alcide, who had been looking at her again. Tara walked over to him, smiling brightly.

    “Do me another favor?” she asked.

                                                            ****

    Alcide only pretended to go along with Tara’s request, that he drive her to Lula Daniels home. No damned good would come of such a fool errand anyway.

    Tara realized it when she saw that Alcide was actually taking her back to Sookie’s house!

    “What the fuck?! Where are we going?” Tara whined.

    “Where do you think? I’m not about to take you to the reverend’s home. I heard your aunt and cousin talking earlier. It’s best you steer clear of that situation.”

    “Says who?” she argued as Alcide pulled up in Sookie’s drive. Tara got out quickly and headed for her car. Alcide managed to beat her to it! He practically ripped open the hood and yanked at some wires!

    “Oh my God!” Tara snapped. “You’re paying for that!”

    Alcide slammed down the hood.

    “And you’re not going anywhere!”

    “What is this to you?! Why couldn’t you just do as I asked? Never mind! I’ll find my own ride over there.” Tara said dismissively. She skulked away from Alcide, hurried up the porch steps and unlocked the door to the house. She pushed the door back to slam, then realized it never did.

    That’s because Alcide caught it and came inside, closing it after him!

    “No one invited you in, either! Get out!”

    “Tara, listen to me: I got the feeling that that man you came to your mother’s funeral with last night, was someone important to you. Do you want to end up in a situation where you can never be with him again?”

    Tara glared at Alcide, then finally looked down and away.

    “No.” she muttered. “But I can’t be called a murderer either.”

    “It will die down.”

    Tara kicked at some imaginary dirt(or not so imaginary) on the floor.

    “Okay. I’ll stay put. You can go now.” she groused. Alcide nodded and she walked him to the front door. Just as Alcide opened it, he just as quickly closed the door, grabbed Tara and lifted her so that her lips met his in a firm kiss!

    Tara screamed into his moufh, kicked out and was dropped abruptly!

    “Are you out of your goddamned mind?!” she hissed, breathing hard.

    “Tara, I’m sorry...I couldn’t help myself!”

    “I’m sure you couldn’t! But get the hell out anyway!”

    “Tara...”

    “Go!” Tara now pointed, whipping open the front door and pointing her finger towards his truck out in the drive.

    “Goodbye, Tara.” Alcide said calmly and left. Tara slammed the door behind him and leaned against it.  What was this world coming to? Why did he do that?

    Tara suddenly realized that she didn’t believe that Alcide Herveaux suddenly ‘couldn’t help himself’ when it came to her. Her mind went back to how her aunt had suddenly disappeared on the Edgington estate. Even LaFayette and Jesus ensured that she’d be left alone with Alcide.

    And she seemed to remember him eyeing SOOKIE when he worked on the house, not her. What was up with him now?

    No. Everything wasn’t a big conspiracy. She was reading too much into all of this. Tara turned and peeked out of a window near the door. Alcide drove off and she stared after him for a moment, before dropping the curtain. Tara didn’t know what that was all about, but another man putting his lips on hers, was the last thing she needed right now.

    Meanwhile, Alcide licked the taste of Tara’s lips off of his, reluctantly.He wished that had gone a little better, but since he planned to be with her tomorrow night, he had to know if she would be receptive to his advances.

    Then answer to that at this point, was no. And now Alcide was doubting whether Debbie’s seducing Sam, would be enough motivation to get Tara to sleep with him, even on the rebound. Maybe he should wait until the next full moon?

    But again, Eric Northman’s jeering words haunted him. Hell no! Tomorrow night was the night. Plus, Ruby Jean didn’t know when this apocolypse would take place. If it took place in the next few months, Tara and himself would be dead, and there would be nothing of their heritage left behind in this world.

    No, the sooner the better. And Alcide came up with a very unfortunate back up plan at that moment, if Tara was not willing tomorrow night.

                                                           ****

    Sam Merlotte called Debbie Pelt into his office, asking Arlene to cover her tables while they were gone. Debbie sat down in a chair next to his desk, while Sam sat behind his.

    “Debbie, I’m just going to come out and say it: I know that you had sex with my brother Tommy last night. You both work here and I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

    Debbie, folded her long legs, making sure Sam got a good look at them.

    “Word is that Tara and you live together and she works here. I didn’t think it would be a problem.”

    “Are you planning on moving in with Tommy, who lives with me, by the way. Or is he going to be living with you? Tara and I are in a relationship. That’s different.” Sam schooled her.

    “And Tommy and I may become a couple soon.”

    Sam gave her a knowing look.

    “Really? Debbie, come on! Look, you seem like a nice girl. I just don’t want to see you headed for trouble. Any my brother is trouble, believe me.”

    Debbie couldn’t help but smile at Sam. That was nice. Nice that he was looking out for her this way. It seemed a shame to hurt him the way Alcide wanted it done.

    “You’re right, Sam. It’s just that...uh...well...Tommy and I kind of fell into bed after he drugged me with some V. I’m kind of a recovering addict so the effect wasn’t too good.” she sniffed, then allowed a tear to slip from one of her eyes.

    Sam slowly stood up.

    “My brother DRUGGED you?! You didn’t know what you were doing when you slept with him then! Holy shit! Why did you just tell me you liked him then?”

    Debbie now stood up.

    “Because I was ashamed, Sam! No woman wants to admit that they let some guy pull one over on them. Look, I need to get back to my tables. Can we just forget this?”

    Sam threw up his hands and nodded. Debbie thanked him, walked over to his office door, opened it and ran right into Sookie Stackhouse. Sookie frowned. She had met Debbie once when Alcide was working on her house and the woman had been snide, assuming that she and Alcide were an item. What the hell was this bitch doing here at Merlotte’s?

    “Hey, Sookie! Girl, how are you?” Debbie asked in a fake voice.

    Sookie said nothing but looked her up and down.

    “Why are you in a uniform?”

    “I work here now.”

    Sookie shoved past her, walked into Sam’s office and slammed the door in her face! Debbie smirked. Sookie was going to whine to Sam all about her, not that it mattered. After tomorrow night, she wouldn’t be working her anymore anyway. And she and Coot would have all the V their heart desired.

Chapter 3 by PriscillaPal

   Tara decided that LaFayette was the one that was going to give her some answers. She called him from Sookie’s and requested that he come over, sans Jesus.
   
    LaFayette tried to hug her, but she pulled on his t-shirt, then reached around him to push the front door closed.

    “Forget the hugging. I want some answers.” Tara said in a flat voice.

    “Answers? I don’t know what you mean? Where’d you go anyway? Jesus and I came back to the pool and you weren’t there.”

    “Did you notice Alcide wasn’t there either?”

    “Who?”

    “Oh come on, LaFayette! Stop acting as if you don’t know what I’m talking about. I want you to tell me everything, from the beginning...starting with how your mother hooked up with a vampire that’s known as a ‘King’! How would she even know him? And you all know that marriage isn’t legal, right?”

    “Tara, that is just as much a mystery to me as it is to you.”

    “Fine. So you don’t know how your mother suddenly became sane, then married a rich vampire. Does Jesus know?”

    “No. I mean he would tell me if he did.” LaFayette hedged. Tara folded her arms.

    “Okay, I’m going to leave THAT part of this shit alone. But I don’t think it was an accident that Alcide was there today. And a man like Russell Edgington would hire a much larger firm, I would think, to work on his property!”

    “Who is Alcide? Are you talking about one of the workmen...”

    “Aw hell to the naw, LaFayette! Don’t even try that on me! Okay, see now that you’ve outright lied to my face, we’ll go back to the beginning. You do KNOW why your mother isn’t crazy anymore, don’t you?”

    “Tara, why don’t you tell ME what’s going on? Did something happen? Why are you asking all of these questions?” LaFayette countered.

    Tara took a deep breath.

    “Okay, okay. The reason I wasn’t at the pool when Jesus and you came back, was because I asked Alcide to take me over to Lula Daniels home.”

    “Tara, no!”

    “Yeah, well, Alcide wasn’t going for it either. He drove me back here. Made me realize that I could lose Sam messing with this thing, then acted like he was going to leave. Then next thing you know he KISSES me! For no damned reason! He claimed he couldn’t help himself but I’m not buying it.”

    “You don’t believe he wanted to kiss you?” LaFayette asked slyly.

    “No. What I actually believe is that this is some plan of his to get next to Sookie. You know, date the roommate while you try and get with the other girl? Anyway, I can’t believe you all let him pull this on me.”

    “Whoa! I don’t have anything to do with this! I’m just as much a victim as you are.”

    The moment those words came out of LaFayette’s mouth, he knew he had said too much.

    “What did you mean by that? Why are we victims?” Tara asked.

    “I’ve got to go!” LaFayette stressed and turned to walk to the door.

    “No, you wait a minute! LaFayette, what did you mean by that?!”

    LaFayette opened the door and looked at her.

    “Tara, your best bet is to go to Sam and make sure he knows you love him.  Make sure nothing can come between the two of you.”

    Tara said nothing as LaFayette walked out. She had learned nothing more and was now more frightened than ever.  She pulled out her cellphone. She knew Sookie was working the afternoon shift at Merlotte’s, but she needed her home--pronto!

    Tara planned to ask Sookie, to ask Bill Compton, what the hell was going on.

                                                      ****

    Sookie got Tara’s call, after she had finished giving Sam the lowdown on skanky Debbie Pelt. Alcide suddenly walked in and sat down at the bar, just as Sookie was listening to Tara, by phone, give her a partial explanation about him and his kissing her at the house. Sookie stared at Alcide. He never came to Merlotte’s. Now Debbie was working here. Now he was kissing Tara...

    He was at Tara’s mother’s funeral last night.

    So was Eric.

    Bill had thought something was going on last night.

    Sookie took off her apron and told Sam Tara was in trouble. It was the wrong thing to say.

    “What do you mean? Has she been arrested again?”

    “No, nothing like that. But I may have to get Bill involved.”

    “What?! I’m coming with you!”

    “No, Sam. I need to piece together what the hell is going on. But let’s just say that I don’t think it’s an accident that Debbie is working here, or that Alcide is sitting at the bar now.” Sookie told him. Sam looked over and saw Alcide there. Debbie had just poured her ex a beer.

    Debbie, meanwhile, could feel Sam and Sookie’s eyes on them.

    “The plan is fucked up!” she hissed between her teeth. “Sookie told Sam about our connection and now I’ve been working overtime trying to keep her from reading my thoughts! If I had some damned V, maybe I could do a better job of it.”

    Alcide didn’t drink his beer. Instead, he stood up as Sookie walked by.

    “Sookie.”

    Sookie stopped to glare at him.

    “I don’t know what’s going on with you, Alcide, but Tara doesn’t need to be pulled into any trouble right now.”

    “I don’t mean her any harm. But there are some things Tara needs to understand.”

    Sam, who moved in closer, heard that.

    “What is he talking about, Sook? What ‘things’ does Tara need to understand?”

    Alcide sighed and looked over at Sam.

    “Nothing that concerns you, shifter.”

    “Nothing that concerns me?! You sent Debbie here to work for me, didn’t you? Why?”

    Debbie could see the plan was shot to hell and back! She looked at Alcide.

    “I did my part! Can I have my V now?”

    Alcide gave her a cold look. She sure as shit did NOT to her part, since she fucked the wrong guy! Debbie threw down a towel, tore off her apron and muttered that she quit. She then walked out of the front door.

    Sookie folded her arms.

    “Let me ask you this: when Eric Northman wakes up this evening, will he give me some answers?”

    “Eric Northman!” Sam yelled. “This all has something to do with Tara?”

    “Fine. Fine, Sookie. I’ll be straight with you. Let’s go outside.” Alcide said. Sookie nodded. When she saw Tara at home, she wanted to be able to give her some answers. They went to his truck and Alcide proceeded to tell her everything....

    Twenty minutes later, Sookie need air! She jumped out of his truck while Alcide did the same, coming around to her side.

    “Sookie, listen to me! You and Tara were dying in that vision! Bill and Eric were staked! My pack was killed! Eric is working with LaFayette now to get him up to speed but he will need Tara’s powers to back him up. We can get vamps rings to wear during the day so they can know what humans are planning.”

    Sookie shook her head.

    “So because vampires are dead, you think that sleeping with witches is the only way to survive?”

    “Human women can’t carry babies by werewolves. Debbie is a mix of a were and even if she does produce a child, it will have disabilities. Tara and her kind are strong. Our children would be weres and have abilities. I need to have sex with her tomorrow night on the full moon...”

    “Alcide! Wait until next month! I mean even if she goes along with this, and that is a BIG if, Tara loves Sam. This would tear them apart if she had to give you a child.”

    Alcide licked his lips.

    “I’m talking about more than her giving me one child. I want a brood. I’m going to  have to marry her. And she can’t be with Sam. Hell, Sookie, she doesn’t even know if she loves him for sure!”

    “Oh, she’s told you that?”

    “I can sense it.”

    “Right!”

    “Sookie, I need your help here!”

    “NO! There other witches around. Go find one of them. I’m sure she can do the vampire ring spell, but the other thing...”

    “She killed Reverend Daniels last night,” Alcide said matter-of-factly, “and she doesn’t even know it. That light didn’t just fall and it wasn’t rigged. Tara needs to know and accept what she is.”

    “Fine,” Sookie bit out, “and the other thing? Tomorrow night? Will you wait until the next full moon?”

    “No.”

    “Alcide! What are you planning?! I swear to God, I will tell Sam and Bill and you’ll get nowhere near her!”

    Alcide said nothing as Sookie ran to her car, jumped in and drove off. Sam came out of the bar, after watching from his window. Alcide walked over to the driver’s side of the truck and got in. He now knew he had no choice as to how he was going to bring Tara to him tomorrow night.

                                                        ****

    Because Debbie quit and Sookie left, Sam could not leave right away, but waited anxiously for word from Sookie about what was really going on.

    Tara was shocked when Sookie came home, looked at her, then threw up on the floor! Tara helped get her into bed, then cleaned up the vomit. What was happening here?  She decided to stay with Sookie, who was upstairs crying and mumbling incoherently.

    That went on until evening.

    When Bill Compton awoke, he was less than pleased to find Alcide Herveaux and Ruby Jean Reynolds, waiting for him in his living room. Before he could react, Ruby Jean touched him and he saw what was coming and who would die.

    Ruby Jean then let go of him and gave Alcide a hard look.

    “You’ve fucked up this thing enough and my husband will not be pleased.” was all she said, before leaving Bill’s home. Bill looked at Alcide.

    “What was she talking about? That was Sookie being killed that I saw?”

    “All of us were being killed, Compton. Russell and Ruby Jean hooked up because she’s a witch than can see the future. Her powers seem to make her less crazy or something. LaFayette is her son and can cause destruction using nature--outside and INSIDE of people.”

    “Tara has something to do with this, doesn’t she?” Bill asked.

    “She can move things and freeze time--only she doesn’t know it.”

    “She made that light fall on the reverend, didn’t she?” Bill asked. Alcide nodded.

    “Why are you here?”

    “Northman is involved. There is a pact. Once Tara is up to speed on her powers, her and LaFayette are going to perform a spell that allows vamps to wear rings during the day. You won’t get the bleeds and you can get a better handle on what humans may be plannin’ for sups.”

    Bill did not react. Oh, to be able to walk around during the day! To be with Sookie all of the time! He then peered at Alcide.

    “What do you get out of this? That is why you are here.” Bill said coolly.

    “In case we fail at this, I need to ensure the survival of my people someway. And it’s going to begin with Tara.”

    “You need to couple with her?” Bill assumed correctly.

    “Yes, though I wouldn’t put it like that...”

    “How else would you put it, Herveaux? Last time I checked, her and Sam Merlotte were an item. He’s a shifter. One would think any children they had...”

    “Merlotte is not a werewolf! And I don’t give a damn about him or his kind! I’m here because Sookie knows. And she won’t help me with Tara, who I don’t think is feelin’ me at the moment. I need to be with her tomorrow night.”

    Bill’s mouth dropped open!

    “Don’t you think that’s a little soon? Wait until next month.”

    “We don’t know when Ruby Jean’s visions could come true! And we can’t afford to wait on any of it.”

    “YOU can’t. Getting Tara to learn her craft and make some rings, should be all there is to it. Your part in this is complicating things. By rights, Russell should cut you out of this.”

    “Edgington isn’t stupid. Plus he’s built up a long standing alliance with the shifter community. Especially werewolves. So I’m not being ‘cut out’ of anything.”

    “What do you need?” Bill asked, but somehow, he knew...

    “I need you to glamour Tara tomorrow night. Glamour her into letting me make love to her. By the second full moon, she’ll want to be with me. I’ll make sure of it.”

    “No.”

    “Compton...”

    “NO! Tara is important to Sookie. She would never forgive me. Now leave unless you want help leaving.”

    Alcide growled, turned and left. As soon he stepped foot out on the porch, he knew who he would have to turn to for help. God help him... and that bastard was awake right now.

                                                            ****

    LaFayette had just managed to cause an earthquake inside the body of a vampire that Eric had kidnapped, and brought over to a lower room in the Edgington mansion.

    “Of course if he was human, he would die instantly. This vamp will heal--eventually.” Eric said, eyeing his student. Something was wrong. And whatever the problem was, it was interfering with LaFayette’s lesson.

    “What is it? You might as well tell me.” Eric said patiently.

    “It’s Tara. She’s on to Alcide’s fucked up plan--sort of. I’m just worried about what is going to happen tomorrow night.”

    Eric stared at LaFayette.

    “What do you mean ‘Tara is on to the plan’?”

    “Meaning Alcide tried to put the moves on her, and now Tara is suspicious of him. I’m just afraid of his forcing himself on her tomorrow night. I’m not going to sit around and let that happen, even if I have to use my powers on him.”

    “Now, now. It won’t get to that.” Eric said, patting LaFayette’s shoulder. “Why don’t you take a break? Maybe go and find Jesus. I saw him around here somewhere. I’ll find out what’s going on and get back to you, okay?”

    LaFayette nodded, relieved to get a break from causing anything any torture. He averted his eyes from the pained vamp, while Eric smirked! Just as he had suspected! Herveaux would not be able to lull that witch into his bed willingly.

    Eric left the lower rooms and was not the least bit surprised to find a meeting of sorts, going on in Russell’s study. Russell was sitting in a highback chair, watching as Ruby Jean and Alcide argued.

    “You stupid, sonofabitch! My niece is with a shifter anyway! One that cares about her. She can procreate with him and willingly! I knew this wouldn’t work!”

    “Now, now, darling,” Russell scolded, “language.”

    “That weak ass shifter isn’t up to creating any kind of sup that’s worth a damn.  My strategy was flawed, but I still intend on being with her tomorrow night.” Alcide told them. Eric cleared his throat.

    “And if she resists you? Tara’s powers are unchecked. You could end up dead.” Eric warned.

    “Or my niece could end up raped!” Ruby Jean snapped.

    Eric didn’t even look at Ruby Jean, his eyes on Alcide’s.

    “It’s more likely that Alcide here would end up injured--or dead.”

    “No one is going to be injured or dead. I’ll talk to Compton again. He loves Sookie to death and would do anything to be with her during the day. He’ll come around and in a timely manner.” Alcide growled, before leaving the room. Once again, Northman had rattled him! There was no way in the hell he was asking that sonofabitch for help! Eric glanced after him, then looked at Ruby Jean and Russell.

    “Do we really need him?”

    “Yes,” Russell said in a hard tone, “we really need the werewolves. And I like the idea of creating another breed of supernatural...something. You know, it’s not as if Mr. Herveaux is a bad looking man. Tara is really that much in love with that shifter?” Russell asked Ruby Jean.

    “I don’t think it’s that. The werewolf’s plan was just stupid. It would’ve been one thing if Tara had never seen him before. But she had it in her head, according to LaFayette, that Alcide is using her to get next to Sookie. If he just waited until next month...” Ruby Jean trailed off.

    “But darlin’, you don’t know if we have until next month, do you? Your visions don’t appear to be time specific. For all we know, the humans could be planning something now.”

    “Which is why it is MORE important that Tara learn her craft, than be prepped for some sort of love match.” Eric said. “I understand Ruby Jean’s fear for her niece, but if Herveaux is unsuccessful in getting Bill Compton to glamour Tara, then I say let this be her first big test.”

    “Meaning?” Russell asked.
   
    “Meaning we already know about her telekinetic abilities,” Eric said, “if she has to fend off Herveaux tomorrow night, then surely another power will emerge. One that will protect her from him and more than likely either injure or kill the werewolf.”

    Ruby Jean shook her head. She sure as hell hoped so.

                                                          ****

    Tara opened the door to Bill, praying that the bloodsucker could find out what the hell was wrong with Sookie.

    She had taken a call from Sam, who sounded funny. Tara had told him about Sookie’s becoming sick and he got quiet. He said he would be over in a bit, but they were shorthanded. Tara decided that she would take Sookie’s car to Merlotte’s and help out.

    She was about to take Sookie’s keys, when Bill came downstairs.

    “Sookie is asleep now.”

    “Well...good. I’m glad you’re here with her. I’m going to Merlotte’s to help out and I’ll probably stay at Sam’s tonight so...”

    “Tara, I need to talk to you about why Sookie is feeling so poorly. She is very upset about something she learned. Something she learned about you.”

    Tara stared at him.

    “Me? I called her earlier to tell her about some strange shit that was going on...she must have found out something.” Tara said, and began walking around Bill to go upstairs.

    But Bill grabbed her arm and Tara shook him off!

    “Don’t touch me!” Tara snapped.

    “Fine.” Bill said, letting go of her. “But there are some things you should know. When I awoke this evening, I found your aunt and Alcide Herveaux waiting to speak to me.”

    “My aunt AND Alcide? I KNEW it! I knew something was going on! Is she trying to fix me up with him for some reason?” Tara asked.

    “Yes.” Bill bit out.

    “Why?”

    Bill then told her everything that he knew. Tara began slowly backing back.

    “I killed Reverend Daniels, then?”

    “Yes. I’m sorry. I think it’s best if you see your aunt tonight. Maybe you should began working with LaFayette and Eric.”

    “Oh hell no! I’m going to see Sam, say my goodbyes then get the hell out of town!” Tara snapped, then moved to leave.

    But Bill got in front of her.

    “Did you hear what I said? I think you should see your aunt. She can show you the vision.”

    “I’m sorry about the vision! But if everyone just leaves town or moves away, they can’t get staked or killed. And I am not fucking Alcide!”

    “That is not the way to deal with this. And I think you know I’m right. Sookie is scared to death for you with this werewolf matter. Herveaux does not strike me as an unreasonable man. Maybe if you spoke to him about waiting until the next full moon...”

    “What is it with you supernatural creatures? I like human men. I’m not going to have sex with some half animal dude! And why would Sookie and I be killed in that vision? Sookie is human and I may, or may not be a witch....I still don’t know if I believe that but...”

    Bill just gaped at her!

    “You don’t know that Merlotte is a shifter?”

    Tara blinked.

    “What are you talking about?”

    “I have seen Merlotte change into a dog...a fly and...”

    “Shut the fuck up! That’s a lie! Sam wouldn’t keep something like that from me!”

    “I think you should speak to Sam,” Bill finished, “then maybe you won’t find Mr. Herveaux’s wishes so repulsive.” he said, before walking up the stairs to be with Sookie. Tara tried to control her breathing, before opening the door and heading out. She was headed to Merlotte’s to confront Sam.

    But something would not let her steer Sookie’s car Sam’s way.

    Instead, she headed for ‘Uncle’ Russell Edgington’s estate. Tara believed her aunt was still crazier than hell, and now, was making everyone else crazy! She was going to find out once and for all if what Vampire Bill Compton had told her was true. If it wasn’t, then chances are he was lying about Sam as well.

Chapter 4 by PriscillaPal

    Tara was still a little shaken by the time she reached the Edgington Estate. On her way there, she had almost run over what looked to be a dog and a fox, fucking in the middle of the road! What was this world coming to?

    She was let in immediately, and Tara had the bad feeling she had been expected. Ruby Jean was waiting for her in the front foyer.

    “Tara,” she said with a bright smile that showed too much teeth, “how nice of you to come out here at night. Now you can get to know Russell better.”

    “Fuck, Russell, auntie, okay? And you know why I’m here. I just had a little talk with Bill Compton.”

    Ruby Jean’s fake smile disappeared.

    “Then I think you’d better come into the study. We have a lot to talk about.”

    Ruby Jean turned and walked through a set of doors, but Tara stayed rooted in place. This meant what? That Bill had been telling the truth? The whole truth? Even about Sam?

    Tara slowly followed after Ruby Jean and entered a study where Russell Edgington stood up from his chair, to stand next to his ‘wife’.

    “Tara, my dear, it is a true pleasure to meet you. I didn’t get a chance to say anything to you the other night at your mother’s funeral. Especially after you murdered Reverend Daniels in cold blood.”

    Tara’s eyes grew huge and Ruby Jean tried to excuse her husband’s bluntness.

    “Tara, what Russell means is...”

    “I mean that you’ve got skills, girl. And they need to be honed otherwise our kind will not survive.”

    “I am not like you!” Tara replied defensively.

    “Pure humans can’t move things, or drop lights on men of the cloth, dear. Your aunt has foreseen our extermination. And now is the time to take proactive measures to prevent it.” Russell said coolly. “Now if you will excuse me, I will let Mr. Northman know that you are here and ready for your first lesson. He is still with LaFayette.”

    “LaFayette?! What are you talking about?” Tara asked, her mood now bordering on petrified.

    “And,” Russell continued, ignoring her question, “I will call Mr. Herveaux and inform him that his beloved is willing and ready to give herself to him tomorrow night.”

    “Hey!” Tara snapped. “You get back here...”

    Ruby Jean pulled Tara back and closed the door after Russell. She then gripped Tara’s arm hard and soon, her niece’s head was filled with the same visions that everyone else had seen: mayhem, death and destruction were the main themes. Tara abruptly pulled away from her aunt, ending the show.

    “Wh...Jason Stackhouse is watching Sookie and I burn??? Why the fuck would he watch? Why isn’t he helping?” Tara stammered.

    “Honey, I don’t have anymore answers that you do.”

    “Well you should get some! Really, because that vision was half assed! I mean maybe Jason helps us later? And maybe Bill and Eric had it coming? And maybe Alcide ate someone and the town panics?”

    “And what did we do to anyone, Tara?” Ruby Jean asked quietly.

    “According to your vamp husband, I killed Reverend Daniels. Look, all I’m saying is that before everyone panics and trains for the end of the world here, we should find out more. I don’t think I need to ‘work’ with Eric Northman and I for damned sure don’t have to put out to Alcide Herveaux. I also think we need to find out if this is your meds making all this shit fly into your head...”

    The sound of sobbing interrupted them. Tara hurried out of the study and saw LaFayette crying and running up a long staircase. Eric, dressed in muscle shirt and sweatpants, grinned after him, then slowly turned to face Tara.

    “Ms. Thornton. Your uncle told me that you were here to begin your lessons. Let’s step down to the lower floor here.”

    Tara looked him up and down, then began walking around him to go up the stairs after LaFayette. Eric grabbed her from behind, one arm locking around her waist as he dragged her down the stairs and towards the lower floors!

    “OH MY GOD!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! GET OFF OF ME!!! GET OFF OF ME!!! AUNTIE!!! AUNTIE!!!”

    “You are a very powerful witch, Tara,” Eric said coolly, ignoring her hysterics, “if you want me to get off of you. Make me.”

    “OH I’LL MAKE YOU, ALRIGHT!!! YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL WE GET DOWN TO THIS DAMNED BASEMENT OR WHEREVER YOU’RE TAKING ME!!! YOU JUST WAIT!” Tara screamed.

    Eric smiled at her words. He deposited her in an elevator, got in and quickly closed the doors. As soon as he did, Tara punched him in the face and attempted to gouge out his  eyes. The punch didn’t do a damned thing to him(why was she not surprised) and trying to tear his eyes out met with resistance that was so easy for him, that is embarrassed Tara.

    “I’m perfectly happy to help you practice fending off the werewolf tomorrow night.” Eric smiled, his eyes raking over her, as if he was seeing her for the first time.

    Tara said nothing to that and looked away. She would just stay cool until she could figure a way out of this. Eric was still staring at her.

    “What are you looking at?”

    “You didn’t answer me about Herveaux.”

    “That’s because there is nothing to answer. He’s just shit out of luck.”

    Eric grinned again!

    “And you plan to just tell him this?”

    “Uh...YEAH!”

    The elevator reached its destination, and the door opened. Eric motioned for Tara to exit first and she reluctantly did so. What she saw made her gasp!

    Injured vamps in all sort of conditions, were writhing around on the floor! Eric walked over to table and took a sip of True Blood from a bottle. Tara eased over to a few of the vamps and peered down at them. Two were convulsing and one had lost their nose!

    While Tara gaped, Eric reached for a bottle of Gatorade, bit into his wrist and let some of his blood dribble into it! He then closed the bottle, shook it and set it down.

    “There is gatorade over here for you, in case you get thirsty from training.” he said matter-of-factly. Tara whipped back around to face him!

    “Gatorade? I’m going to need something stronger to put up with this shit!”

    Two vamps entered the room and began dragging the injured ones out of sight. Eric replaced the cover of his blood bottle.

    “This is the remains of LaFayette’s lesson. You won’t be doing any thing like this--exactly.”

    “What was LaFayette doing? Hell, no wonder he was crying!”

    “Your cousin is overly sensitive. This apocalypse that is coming is a war. He will have to harden himself if he’s going to survive.” Eric said and picked up a set of knives. Tara frowned.

    “What are you doing with those?”

    “I plan to fling them at you.”

    “What?!”

    “I plan to fling them at you. You will stop them.”

    “Oh hell naw! Naw! I can’t do that and don’t you dare throw those at me!” Tara protested, looking for a way out. She hurried to the still open elevator door and got in. Eric flung three knives in succession at her! Tara screamed and reached out to push the close button on the doors, when suddenly, the knives froze in mid-air!

    Tara put a hand over her heart as Eric smiled widely!

    “Very good! Very, very, very good. Your powers are tied to your emotions, which is something I have yet to repress in your cousin. But a very valuable skill has...”

    “Fuck off!” Tara snapped, moving past the frozen knives and out of the elevator again. Eric looked at his watch and after about 30 seconds, the knives buried themselves into the wall of the elevator. Shaking, Tara reached for the bottle of gatorade, took the top off and took a long, deep swig! If only it was liquor!

    Eric cast a sly glance at her, before speaking.

    “I can hear Herveaux from here. I think you should go to him. Come back tomorrow night for your next lesson.”

    “I’m not coming back here again.”

    “Come back, Tara, or I will come and find you.”

    “And if I freeze you like I did those knives?” Tara countered.

    “Then Russell will send...’things’ for you. And you are not so schooled, that you can freeze a whole army. Tomorrow night.” Eric reminded her.


                                                        ****

    Tara was so damned glad to leave the company of Eric Northman, that she practically ran into the study! Looking around, she saw no one there and was about to turn and leave, when Alcide appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. He closed the double doors, essentially giving them some alone time.

    “Tara. Russell called and told me you’re on board.”

    “No. I did not tell him that.”

    “You saw Ruby Jean’s vision?”

    Tara sighed.

    “Yes and I’m 99% convinced that it’s real. Remember my aunt was crazy. I mean this could be some flukey thing or something.”

    Alcide walked past her to the bar to help himself to a drink.

    “You were training with Northman down there, weren’t you? You know what you can do. You believe what you saw in that vision. You just don’t like the part about me.”

    The way he said that kind of made Tara feel bad.

    “Alcide, maybe if I’d met you before Sam, or the circumstances were normal or anything else, I could get with this. But Sam and I are just beginning something. Something that could be good.”

    Alcide sipped his drink, then put down the glass.

    “So you live with him?”

    “Who? Sam? No. You know I live with Sookie.”

    “Well if this is so all fired serious, why don’t you live with him, Tara?”

    “Because we’re going slow. And you’ve seen his trailer, haven’t you? I mean he’s not the neatest person...”

    “I don’t live in a trailer, Tara. And neither will you when we’re properly married.”

    Tara ran her hands down her face.

    “Alcide, you’re a reasonable man. You can find another witch...”

    “And I know it’s been explained to you, that we don’t have that kind of time. Now I’ll tell you what? I’ll make you a counter offer.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “What kind of ‘counter offer’?”

    “You spend the night with me--tonight--here in the mansion. Then I won’t bother you about tomorrow night and we can get together on the next full moon. You can have time to tell Sam all about this thing here.”

    Tara stared at him for a long while, before answering.

    “I was never good at math, but that doesn’t sound like any kind of deal to me. You just get sex one day early.”

    “Tara...”

    “I can’t cheat on Sam! I can’t! And that’s what you’re asking!”

    Alcide walked over to her.

    “Another deal then: you spend tonight with me. And in the morning, if you don’t think there could be something between us, then I will find another witch. Deal?”

    Tara looked away. That sounded much better! She bit her lip.

    “Sam never finds out?”

    Alcide rested his hands on her shoulders.

    “Sam never finds out. I promise.” Alcide said, smiling down at her. Not that his promise mattered worth a tinker’s damn. Tara would like what they did together and he STILL  intended on being with her tomorrow night.

    Tara nodded hesitantly.

    “Alright. I suppose.” she said, praying that she could just break Alcide off just enough to get him to go away, and not mess up things with Sam.

                                                          ****

    Tara tried to hold her anger in check, as she noted some of the lingerie lying out on a bed for her. This whole damned night was planned! Oh God...

    Tara took a very LONG relaxing bath and primped and preened before a mirror in the bathroom. When she finally opened the door, she told herself to imagine she was with Sam tonight. Lord...what was she going to tell him about where she was all night?  She never even got back to him about Sookie being sick.

    Sookie was with Bill. Bill, who had told her that Sam was a shifter. Now she was getting ready to sleep with a werewolf. Lord...

    Tara opened the door and found Alcide lying on the bed, butt naked! She slowly walked out of the bathroom and around to her side of the bed, appraising him. He was not bad to look at. Not that she thought he would be.  She cleared her throat, deciding there was no need in being shy about anything. She dropped the silk robe that had been ‘left’ for her, and slid onto the bed. Alcide was going to have to all the work here!

    Alcide was propped up on one elbow, lying on his side staring at her. Tara cleared her throat again.

    “So...I’ll just lie down here and you can go at it, okay?” Tara suggested and began to lie flat on her back. But Alcide slowly reached out and pulled her legs down so that they were straight on the bed. He then reached around and cupped her buttocks, pulling her to him. Tara’s heart began to accelerate a little.

    “What are you doing?” she whispered.

    Alcide kept his tight hold on her buttocks, as he buried his face within her neck. Tara began to squirm a bit!

    “Okay, see, there is no need for any of this! Just get it over with!” she squeaked.

    But Alcide ignored her protests and soon his lips made their way to hers, as he expertly entered her from his less than ideal angle. This time, Tara did not scream as he kissed her, but more like gasped. At one point his lips left hers to move back to her neck, as he slowly moved within her.

    The whole thing made Tara panic! She already had her hands pressed against his chest to ward him off, but as his cock began to slowly make it’s way deeper and deeper into her,  her hands slowly left his chest and began to wrap around his upper back.

    “This is nice,” he said softly against her, “ain’t it, Tara? It’s nice, ain’t it?”

    Tara nodded against him. It was nice and it shouldn’t be. But Alcide continued taking his time with her until she eventually let go and gave in to his sensual brand of lovemaking. It would be a long night and Tara found that the man that wanted to be her husband, was insatiable. At one point they bathed in a sunken tub and Alcide used the moment to lift and impale her onto him again, where in which his hips thrust upwards, bouncing her up and down on his cock at a pace so vigorous, that Tara was left shaking with passion.

    And if all of that hadn’t been hard enough for her to comprehend, the dirty dream she had about Eric Northman, as she lay in the cocoon of Alcide’s arms, left her on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

TARA’S DREAM ABOUT ERIC

    Tara stared at Sam and Sookie. They were greeting her at some party dressed in clothes from another time. But what time? Why did their clothes look so familiar?

    “Tara, what a pretty dress. Oh how I wish I could be more like you!” Sookie gushed. “You must come visit Sam and I when we move to Atlanta.”

    Tara tilted her head then looked down in her hands. She was holding a bonnet. A bonnet? What the hell?

    She caught sight of herself in a mirror and gasped! Holy shit! Holy fucking shit! She was dressed like a Black Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind! Holy...

    Tara suddenly turned back to Sam and Sookie.

    “You two are moving to Atlanta?”

    “After the wedding. Then Sam has to go and fight. Tara, I’ve always wanted a sister. Tell me you’ll be mine.” Sookie asked sweetly. Tara looked from Sookie to Sam, who looked guilty.

    “Uh...”

    “Hi, Miss Tara.” Alcide appeared, kissing her hand. Tara slowly let him kiss...no, he was licking it! She pulled her hand away.

    “I need some air...or to go to the...”

    Sookie linked Tara’s arm with her own.

    “Of course, my dear. Let’s go up the stairs. You do look flushed.”

    Tara nodded. What the hell was going on? This WAS a dream, wasn’t it? What kind of messed up, slave shit was this?

    No, she wasn’t a slave, though she should be. What...

    Suddenly, as she and Sookie made their way up the stairs, Tara stopped cold. Oh hell no...

    She looked at Sookie.

    “Is someone at the bottom of the stairs staring up at me?”

    Sookie looked down and rolled her eyes!

    “Oh, my dear, that is Eric Northman! He’s a Viking and he is not received.”

    “Why am I not surprised?” Tara asked sarcastically, looking down at Eric, who was staring up at her from the bottom of the stairs and smiling.

    “Tara, my lord! He is looking at you like he knows what you look like without your shimmy!” Sookie gasped.

    Suddenly, Tara looked down at herself. Her dress was unraveling! Tara looked down at Eric and saw that he had the end of her long dress in his hands and was slowly unraveling it, smiling the whole time!

    Tara turned and began running up the stairs, but she didn’t seem to go anywhere. Worse yet, her dress completely disappeared from her body!

    “Oh honey, don’t make it worse,” Sookie cooed, “just stand still and maybe he’ll go away.”

    Tara wasn’t listening to Sookie, as she tried to cover herself. She gaped as she realized that Eric was now naked, having handed his clothing to a clueless looking Sam, at the bottom of the stairs. Sam was folding Eric’s clothing neatly, like he was a valet or something.

    Eric then slowly made his way up to her.

    “Wouldn’t you be more interested in Sookie here?” Tara asked meekly, putting her bonnet up between them. Eric took it from her and tossed it back down the stairs.

    “Sookie isn’t naked. You are.” Eric said, before his mouth swooped down on Tara’s. Tara thought about screaming, but her body did the opposite, as she returned his hungry kisses, while standing naked in his arms, on that staircase from ‘Gone With The Wind’.

END OF TARA’S DREAM

    Tara sat up with a start! She tried to catch her breath as she looked over at a sleeping Alcide, who was lying on his back with one arm behind his head. Her eyes took him in briefly, before she began looking around for her clothes. It was over. She would go home and tell Sookie and Sam, that Alcide agreed to leave her alone, that she was a witch and...

    Well, she would think of a more coherent way to explain everything. But she had to get Sookie’s car back to her. And she had to have Sam make love to her the moment she saw him again. Being with him would make Tara forget how she had felt in another man’s arms in reality AND in a dream.

    By the time Alcide awoke, Tara was long gone. That was fine. He now knew that he would not have to wait a whole month to begin conceiving their child. He planned to make love to her again tonight. Because after last night, he knew that this time, she would want him to.

Chapter 5 by PriscillaPal
Author's Notes:

I felt some things had to be clarified about the story so far, since a few people, or maybe just one poor anonymous reviewer, seems to be lost.

I apologize for just using the initials 'AU'. That means 'Alternate Universe'. So there will be things that are very different in a story like this. Like Tara not knowing about Sam.

I also have a tendency to force my own preferences on my characters. I too would need little persuasion to sleep with a fine ass man like Alcide! So I decided to give Tara that same kind of mentality.

And poor LaFayette is just sensitive, that's all.

    Tara pulled up in Sookie’s drive and saw Sam’s car there. God! She hadn’t expected to have to face them both! She began taking deep breaths. She would have to clear her mind so that Sookie couldn’t read what was going on inside of her head.

    She peered over at the small grocery bag she had in the passenger seat. Tara had stopped off at Wal-Mart before coming here and picked up a few items.

    One of them was a can of Alpo! Bill had said he had seen Sam change into a dog once. She planned to fix him dinner tonight and slip the Alpo in somehow. If he scarfed it down, then she’d know for sure Sam was a shifter. One that favored turning into a dog.

    And if he detected that the food wasn’t right, then Tara would know he was human. A  tear slid down her cheek. What was wrong with her? Why couldn’t she just ask the man if he was a shifter or not? Plus, who was she to judge? Things weren’t exactly right with her either.

    She would ask Sam about his shifting abilities, after the ‘Alpo Test’. Tara picked up the bag off of the passenger seat, then got out of the car. She slowly walked up to the porch, but Sam and Sookie were out there before she could touch a step.

    “Tara Mae Thornton! Where the hell have you been all night?” Sookie cried out. Sam exhaled.

    “Tara, you scared us to death. Why didn’t you call?” he asked, taking the bag out of her hand. Tara’s heart raced a mile a minute! Lord, don’t let him see the Alpo!

    “I’m sorry, Sook, Sam. I had a bad night. I learned some things and I didn’t know how to deal with them.”

    “Let’s get inside.” Sookie said worriedly. She could tell Tara was deliberately blocking off her thoughts, lest they be read. Sam put the bag down in the kitchen, then joined the women in the living room.

    “Okay, Tara,” Sam said in a no-nonsense tone, “where were you?”

    Tara looked at Sookie.

    “Bill didn’t say anything?”

    “No. He knew where you were?” Sookie asked.

    “No,” Tara admitted, “but he’s the one that suggested that I go see my aunt at her home. I did.”

    “You went to Russell Edgington’s home alone?” Sookie asked.

    “They were expecting me.” Tara said, sitting down. “I learned that I’m a witch. And Eric Northman helped prove it to me.”

    “Eric Northman?” Sam asked.

    “LaFayette has powers too and has been training with him.”

    “Sookie said something about an ‘apocalypse’? This is what all of this is all about?” Sam asked.

    Tara stood up and walked over to him.

    “I just said I’m a witch and you don’t care?”

    “Tara, your aunt is crazy. She may be able to let people read ‘visions’, but are her visions drug induced or what? We don’t know anything.” Sam said firmly. Sookie eyed him.

    “Alcide seemed to believe them. And if Eric is training LaFayette...”

    “Yeah,” Sam said slowly, “about Alcide? What is this full moon baby shit?”

    Tara took a deep breath.

    “I managed to convince him to find another witch. So that won’t be a problem.” Tara half lied.

    Sookie breathed a sigh of relief!

    “Oh thank God! I knew he could be reasonable. He had seemed so set in his ways yesterday.”

    Tara frowned.

    “You saw Alcide yesterday?”

    “Yeah. At the restaurant...oh Tara, I’m sorry! I was so sick with worry that we didn’t get a chance to talk! That skanky new waitress is Alcide’s ex-girlfriend, Debbie. He put her up to working at Merlotte’s.”

    Tara looked from Sookie to Sam.

    “What?!”

    “It was some half assed plan of his to come between us.” Sam said in a low voice. “But now that Herveaux is looking for another witch to have children with, all you have to worry about is Northman. So is he insisting that you ‘train’ like LaFayette?”

    Tara blinked.

    “Sam, Sookie, Eric threw some knives at me and somehow, someway, I froze them. They just froze in midair! There were messed up vampires all around over the things that Lafayette could do.” Tara said, looking at Sam again. “So that part of it is true.”

    Sookie didn’t know what to say. Oddly, Sam had little to say. He cupped Tara’s face between his hands.

    “Listen, let’s worry about this whole thing later, okay? You’re home and that’s all that counts, alright?”

    Tara nodded within his hands. She then reached her hands around and touched his.

    “Sam? Let’s have dinner tonight? There’s more I need to tell you.”

    Tara had decided not to lie. She would tell Sam about her night with Alcide. At least she was free of his demands that they fuck on the next three full moons. Sookie smiled at the two of them, then walked over to the door to answer the soft knock that only she had heard.

    It was a flower delivery man. Sam let go of Tara and gave the man a tip, before closing the door. Tara beamed at him!
   
    “Are these for me?” she asked. Sam shrugged.

    “I just tipped the man. They could be for Sookie.”

    Tara frowned at the idea that Sam had not sent them, and opened up the attached card. Her eyes then grew huge! It read ‘I enjoyed our evening. Can’t wait to see you tonight’-Alcide.

    “Who are they for?” Sookie asked. Tara cleared her throat again.

    “Me. They’re from Russell and Aunt Ruby Jean. They’re apologizing for scaring me.”

    Sam frowned.

    “Scaring you? So they admit there is no apocalypse?”

    “No...I just didn’t like being schemed on, that’s all.” Tara said, ripping up the note.  There was another soft rap on the door. Sam, who was closest to it, opened it up.

    This time is was a UPS delivery man looking for Tara. Tara slowly walked over and signed for the small package. Once the man left, Sam and Sookie looked at Tara expectantly.

    “Aren’t you going to open it?” Sookie asked. She then kept her expression neutral when she heard Tara think ‘not if I can help it’.

    Tara tossed the package on a table and walked up to Sam.

    “Let me fix you dinner tonight? Here. Sookie, can you stay with Bill?”

    “Of course.” Sookie said, trying to hide her concern. She now began to wonder if Tara had told the truth about the events of the other night.  She began gathering up her things.

    “I’m going to head on in to work. See you later, Sam?”

    Sam glanced over at Sookie.

    “I’ll be there in a bit.” he said. He and Tara were quiet until  Sookie left. Then Sam spoke.

    “If you have something to tell me, then I don’t want to wait until tonight to find out.” Sam said firmly.

    But the words would not come for Tara. At least not the right ones.

    “It’s just that you still haven’t said much about what I told you. About Eric Northman throwing the knives at me...and my stopping them. That doesn’t scare you or anything?”

    “I’m just glad that you’re telling me things. There would have been a time, when I wouldn’t have been able to get a peep out of you, when something bad had happened. I’m just happy that you know that you need to tell me about things that matter to you.”

    “Just like you would tell me about the things that matter to you?” Tara questioned, her eyes straying over to the grocery bag in the kitchen. Her gaze went back to Sam

    “Yeah, of course.” Sam smiled. He frowned. Tara was looking at him as if she were expecting him to say more.

    “Tara, what is it?”

    Maybe Sam couldn’t tell her he shifted into animals, because he really didn’t. Bill Compton had been known to lie.

    “It’s nothing. I was just thinking about what I was going to fix for dinner, is all.”

    “Well how about we go out? I’ll have Arlene watch things tonight.”

    “No! No, I’m going to fix everything myself.” Tara said, kissing him softly. Her kiss began to turn into something more, as Sam reached around to the back of her head and returned her kiss with a fervor that usually lead to more between them. Tara felt the pit of her stomach begin to dance at his very touch and she outlined his lips with her tongue. Their clothes slipped off with a practiced ease and soon, Tara forgot the Alpo, her betrayal of Sam the previous night, her new powers...everything.

                                                            ****

    Alcide was not in the mood to look at Ruby Jean, as he proceeded to leave the Edgington mansion.

    “Thanks for the hospitality.” was all he said. But Ruby Jean wasn’t having any of that!

    “So you’re waiting until next month? I know you made some kind of deal with Tara.”

    “Tara broke the deal, Ruby Jean  I told her if we didn’t have anything together, after last night, that I would look for another witch to carry my children. I now know we do have something.”

    “Right,” Ruby Jean said slowly and sarcastically, “and Tara is where now?”

    “At Sookie’s, scared to death because this is all new to her. But I know how to handle her. So I won’t need anymore help from you or your ‘husband’.”

    “You’d better be damned glad Russell is asleep right now, or he’d beat the wolf right out of you. You wouldn’t have any part of this...”

    “You listen to me: you may be stupid, but I’m not. And I have no intention of allowing Tara to be some pawn for Russell or even that fucker Northman, to call on, whenever they need to mess someone over. They already use Sookie for that shit and Compton is powerless to stop it.”

    “I beg your pardon?!” Ruby Jean snapped, outraged by Alcide’s tone.

    “You heard me right. Russell will want much more from Tara and LaFayette than just some dinky rings. They’ll be at his beck and call. I plan to take Tara to Shreveport, marry her and get her firmly entrenched in the pack world. She won’t have time for your shit. And don’t think Edgington wouldn’t mind becoming a widower, the moment you become useless to him.” Alcide finished, getting into his truck. He started the engine and drove off.

    Ruby Jean stared wordlessly after Alcide’s truck, then massaged her temples. The visions had swam through her mind the whole evening. She needed some kind of release. Like liquor and plenty of it!  There was something she kept seeing about Sam--Sam Merlotte, that she did not understand.

                                                              ****

    Tara rocked in fluid motion with Sam’s thrusts, while his hands kept her steady in their spontaneous, yet slightly precarious position.

    Tara’s feet were planted on the cushions of Sookie’s living room couch, and she was positioned as if she were sitting in a chair. Sam was behind her, his firm grip on her waist giving them all of the balance needed for their lovemaking. Sam’s thrusts were full of raw, sexual power as he pounded himself inside of Tara over and over again. She was soon mindless with passion and her screams of pleasure burned through him.

    After, they both rested on the said couch, with Tara lying on top of him. Sam absently caressed her back.

    “Sookie is going to wonder where you got off to.” Tara said regretfully.

    “I could take the day off.” Sam suggested, but Tara suddenly got up.

    “No. You’re always half closing or not being there, because of me.  I wouldn’t want to be anymore trouble.”

    Sam slowly stood up.

    “Where are you getting the idea that you’re trouble? Stop thinking like that. Let’s forget about our troubles and concentrate on that great dinner you’re going to make me tonight, okay?”

    Tara nodded and Sam kissed her quickly, before running up the stairs to use Tara’s shower. Tara slowly sat back down on the couch, her eyes focused on the bag. She planned to make ‘Alpo Lasagna’ tonight.

    Don’t eat it, Sam! Know that it’s Alpo!

    Hours after Sam left, Tara, who had by now taken her own shower and changed into a halter top and shorts, was just putting the special lasagna in the oven, when a sound from outside made her wipe her hands on a towel and peek outside.

    Alcide had the hood of her car up, and appeared to be fixing it.  Tara sighed. She’d rather her car stay fucked up and she either walk or take the bus, than face this man right now. But there was no avoiding this.

    She glanced over at the flowers he had sent earlier.  Sookie had put them in a vase before leaving. They did brighten up the living room. Tara walked over to the door, opened it and stepped outside. She watched Alcide from the porch for a moment, before walking down the steps and over to where he was working.

    Alcide had just raised up and closed her front hood, when she appeared before him. There was a brief awkward silence, before Tara said ‘hey’.

    “Hey, yourself.” Alcide said, taking her in. She looked like a Black, Daisy Duke, with a little halter top, shorts and hair that hung down over her breasts. He took a deep breath as he waited for her to say something.

    “I got your flowers.”

    “Yeah?”

    “And your note. I can’t be with you tonight and that’s that. I’m cooking dinner for Sam and I need to find out if he’s been keeping something from me. So...”

    Alcide squinted at her.

    “Whoa! What is this about Merlotte’s lying to you?”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “I really think that Bill Compton is the liar. He told me some BS last night, about Sam being a shifter. And that he likes to turn into dogs and flies. The man is a lying ass and everyone knows it. So I don’t want to insult Sam by asking him something so stupid. And yet, I do need to know. So I’m testing him.”

    Alcide just stared at her. Tara didn’t know that Sam was a shifter???

    “What kind of test?”

    “Never mind that. Just know that I need you to keep your word and find another witch to fuck.”

    Alcide said nothing for a moment, then spoke.

    “Do you think I could get something to drink?”

    Tara didn’t ask him about his being thirsty or getting something to drink! But she didn’t want to be inhospitable.

    “Okay. Come on in.”

    Alcide followed Tara into the house, where she walked up to a cabinet and took out a glass. She then opened the refrigerator. Meanwhile, Alcide noticed his flowers and...

    What the fuck was a can of Alpo doing on the counter here?! Tara’s back was to him as she pulled a pitcher out of the refrigerator. Alcide picked up the can and saw it was empty. He peered at the brand. It read ‘Alpo: Classic Chunky’.

    Alcide then sniffed the air and his eyes narrowed on the oven.

    “So...what are you cooking for Sam this evening?” he asked casually. Tara turned around and saw him holding the Alpo can.

    “Lasagna,” she said in a tight voice, “Sookie got a dog.”

    “What kind?”

    “Uh, just a dog. A mongrel.”

    “Is he out back?”

    “No, Sookie took him to work with her.”

    “There’s laws against dogs being in restaurants, Tara.”

    “Yeah, I told Sam that...”

    “Tara,” Alcide said, setting down the can, “Lord, tell me that that Alpo wasn’t used in that ‘lasagna’ you’re making for Merlotte?”

    “No...okay, YES! How the hell else am I supposed to figure out if he’s part dog or something?!”

    Alcide walked over to her and rested his hands on her shoulders.

    “Now calm down. That’s not how his kind of shifting works.”

    Tara lurched away from him!

    “What are you saying?”

    “I’m saying that Bill Compton wasn’t lying. Sam is a shifter. But he probably didn’t mean to keep it from you.”

    “Then why didn’t he tell me?”

    “Probably because he didn’t want to end up getting fed Alpo!”

    Tara rolled her eyes and walked out of the kitchen. Alcide turned off the stove and followed her.

    “Tara, I want you to come someplace with me.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “Now?”

    “Yes.”

    “I hope this isn’t your way of being slick? Do you plan to take me someplace, then lock me up until the moon comes out?”

    Alcide reached for her hand and squeezed it.

    “Just trust me on this, okay?”

    Tara shrugged.

    “Okay, but let me turn off the oven.”

    “I already turned it off. But I think you ought to throw out that crap you were going to serve. You wouldn’t want anyone else to accidentally come in here and think that was dinner.” he said pointedly.

                                                        ****

    Sam Merlotte and Terry Bellefleur, looked like different men, as they walked into the local FBI Headquarters.

    And that’s because they were.

    Terry Bellefleur had never been crazy. That had just been a cover he used, when he was recruited in the military, to return to his hometown of Bon Temps, Louisiana and keep an eye on humans that interacted with vampires.

    Sam had been given little choice. He had been caught in a confidence scam years ago, and was looking at hard prison time. He was given the chance to start a new life, provided he too provide the government with the same service. And his supernatural background was a plus.

    But as he grew to become a part of the community, he liked spying less and less. He had actually cared very much for Sookie. Tara...

    He blocked off his thoughts about her. There was no point in second guessing himself here. He would have to tell the agent in charge, about Tara, LaFayette and Ruby Jean. They were now part of ‘Operation Apocalypse’.

    Sam and Terry sat in the agent’s office, waiting for him to arrive. Terry eyed him.

    “You look stressed?”

    Sam leaned back in his chair.

    “I should be. Arlene and all the others you were told to watch, don’t have nothing to do with nothing. I’m the one that’s taking the brunt of it.”

    Terry said nothing to that. And that was because Sam didn’t usually talk this way. Nor was this easy for either of them, but especially Sam. He actually cared for Tara Thornton, that was clear. Arlene Fowler was relatively easy to deal with. Pretending to be crazy after a war that didn’t affect him one bit, was effortless.

    But Sam had a good heart. He just fell into trouble long ago and couldn’t escape it. Worse yet, Sam was right. Sookie and Tara were always in the thick of trouble around here but...

    “Sam, no one told you to take up with Tara. You know that.” Terry reminded him. Sam stood up and began to pace slightly.

    “I never thought SHE would end up being any trouble when it came to vamps and werewolves!”

    Terry leaned forward.

    “Wait a minute! I was assuming that you’re upset about how Tara is going to react to your betraying Sookie. Or even to you being a shifter. What else is going on here?” he asked his friend, just as Special Agent Dennis McKay walked into his office. He was, and had been in charge of, ‘Operation Apocalypse’ for several years now.

    “Gentlemen,” he said, closing his door. He walked around behind his desk and sat down, focusing on Terry.

    “Anything new?”

    Terry rubbed the bridge of his  nose tiredly.

    “No, not really. Just that us humans are getting more and more uneasy by all the supernatural shit going on in Bon Temps.”

    “Good.” Dennis said casually. “We’ll need the support of everyone human once this goes down. We can’t have anyone sympathizing...”

    “With the sups?” Sam asked sarcastically. Terry looked away. This whole operation was born, as soon as Sam revealed Alcide Herveaux’s existence, some time ago. The vamps, many humans and this government, were on the fence about living with anyway. Sam’s kind seemed relatively harmless. But the idea of werewolves AND vamps had pretty much quietly freaked the powers-to-be in this country out.

    Dennis leaned back in chair.

    “You’re being a smart ass, Merlotte. That means you have something juicy to report.”

    Sam sat back down and sighed.

    “Yeah, I do. We’re not only dealing with vamps and wolves anymore. Witches are now involved here.”

    Agent McKay leaned forward.

    “Witches? In what way?”

    Terry even looked curious. Sam swallowed, then spoke.

    “Tara. Tara’s aunt is named Ruby Jean Reynolds.”

    “LaFayette’s crazy mama?” Terry asked.

    “Yeah, one in the same. But for some reason, she doesn’t sound so crazy anymore. I’m still not sure how Edgington became aware of her, but that is why they’re married. He needs a witch and she’s psychic as fuck! So psychic that it’s only a matter of time before she guesses about me.”

    “Wait a minute! Back up here! Tell me what’s going on here?” McKay asked.

    “What’s going on, is that Ruby Jean saw what was to come: the extermination of vamps, werewolves, witches and whatever the hell Sookie Stackhouse really is. Sookie told me all of it last night. Tara came home this morning, after spending the night at Edgington’s estate. There’s a plan for Tara and LaFayette to perform some spell so that vampires can walk around during the day.”

    “Holy shit!” Terry muttered.

    “That ain’t the half of it!” McKay growled. “That can’t be allowed to happen.”

    “And,” Sam continued, “Tara’s powers ain’t up to snuff yet. So we have some time before this can happen. But it’s worse than that...the werewolves are looking to create some sort of mix between wolves and witches. And Tara is the designated ‘mother’.”

    McKay slowly stood up.

    “I need to make a call. Both of you stay here.” he said, leaving his office. If all of what Merlotte was saying was true, then ‘Operation Apocalypse’ would have to be moved up.

    Meanwhile, Sam ignored Terry’s stare. It was worse for him. For he could smell that goddamned werewolf on Tara, as soon as she came home today. She had definitely slept with Alcide Herveaux and lied in his face about it.



Chapter 6 by PriscillaPal
Author's Notes:

In this chapter, I have brought in 'Vampire Diaries' characters, Mason Lockwood and Jules.

    Tara raised a brow as Alcide drove them into Shreveport, then after an additional 45 minutes, took them down a private, gated community. Tara’s eyes widened as she read a sign that said ‘Foxpoint Bay’.

    She was vaguely aware that this was a swanky area, where the upwardly middle class lived. Why was Alcide bringing her here? Was he upwardly middle class? She didn’t know, since before all the trouble started, she’d barely gave him a passing thought. He’d always seemed to be as a man that worked with his hands, she guessed.

    “Do you live here?” Tara asked, looking out of her window.

    “I have a home here, yes. It’s a community for wolves.”

    Tara’s head whipped away from her window to gape at Alcide!

    “Wolves?! What are you talking about?”

    “Wolves, Tara. A community where we can shape shift without causing a panic.”

    Tara turned away and looked out of her window again. Christ! There were two wolves sauntering down a paved road right now! They soon cut off into a small forest. Tara looked over at him again.

    “You must get visits from normal people like me?”

    Alcide glanced over at her.

    “You ain’t normal. You just haven’t accepted it yet.” he said, as he pulled into a circular drive that had a fountain in the middle. Beyond the drive was a footbridge that lead to a house.

    Alcide got out of his truck and walked around to Tara’s door, opening it.

    “Get down. We’re here.”

    Tara reached out and pulled her door closed! There was no way in the hell she was getting out of this damned truck in this ‘neighborhood’! Sheeet! She could be jumped and mauled by a wolf...

    Alcide yanked the door open again, grabbed Tara around the middle and pulled her from the truck! He then slammed the door.

    “Nothing is going to happen to  you here. I want you to see your new home.”

    Tara blinked.

    “My new home?” she asked, then looked around. Minus the wild beasts, it was actually very nice. Peaceful. But...

    “Alcide, I can’t live all the way out here with you! I mean it would be such a long drive into work and...”

    Alcide wasn’t listening to her anymore, as he pulled her along. He had noted that she  was giving excuses for not living here, as if it were indeed a possibility that could happen. They made their way over the footbridge and soon, Alcide dug out his keys, unlocking the door. He gestured for Tara to walk in first and she did.

    “Lord!” Tara breathed as she looked around the decor. Alcide closed the door and began speaking.

    “Tara, this is where I want us to live when we’re married. Maybe for a year or so,” he said, gently resting his hands on the back of her shoulders and brushing some hair aside, “this is where I want to make our child.” he finished, brushing his lips against the back of her neck.

    Tara’s stomach did flip-flops in response to his lips, and she moved away a bit, before turning to face him. Alcide spoke again.

    “I fixed your car. Come to me here. Tonight.”

    “Alcide, if I make the rings for Russell and Eric, then we don’t have any need to be married or to make any babies. They’ll find out what’s going on and everything will be alright. I’m going to go upstairs and look around, okay?”

    Alcide just nodded and watched as Tara walked up the oak staircase.  She was definitely enthralled with the house and the idea of living here. But she was still shaky about actually making that happen, despite what happened between them the previous night.

    Alcide was about to head to the jacuzzi, hoping to entice Tara into it, when the doorbell rang. He frowned as he went to the door. He wasn’t expecting anyone.

    Meanwhile, Tara took her time looking around upstairs, then stopped in her tracks when she found a baby’s room, decorated in a unisex fashion. Tara just stared at the crib for a moment, then shook her head. This was wrong. This whole thing was so wrong. She was going to make Alcide take her home now!

    But as she headed for the landing, Tara heard voices. Raised ones. She slowly descended the staircase to see Alcide standing in the foyer with a blonde looking couple. The woman flipped some hair and walked up to her.

    “Tara, right? I’m Jules Lockwood. This is my husband, Mason.”

    Tara shook Jules’s hand politely, then looked at Mason, who was drop dead gorgeous! They had to be wolves too, Tara guessed.

    “Yes, I’m Tara.”

    “Alcide’s fiancee?” Mason asked, his eyes leaving hers and focusing in on Alcide.

    “Your ‘courtship’ has been kind of quick, hasn’t it?” Jules, said, now eyeing Tara and moving back to Mason’s side.

    “Whether it’s been fast or slow, it’s none of your damned business.” Alcide said coolly. Tara eyed him. Uh oh! What was this shit?!

    “Come now, Alcide. We were just being--friendly.” Mason said, his eyes piercing Tara with that last word.

    “Yes, Alcide,” Jules said, reaching over towards a table and picking up a plate with foil on it, “I even baked lemon bars.”

    “Oh, I love lemon bars!” Tara said, reaching for the plate. But Alcide knocked it out of Jules’s hands and the treat fell to the floor!

    “Get the fuck out!” he growled.

    Mason eyed Alcide, then looked at Tara knowingly.

    “Tara, you must excuse our nosiness. But there is a rumor running around Foxpoint Bay, that Alcide here barely knows you, that he’s trying to get you pregnant during the next three full moons, just so he can secure his candidacy as packmaster--a position I am running for, by the way.”

    “So,” Jules said, now practically snarling at Alcide, “are you trying to get pregnant?”

    Tara looked over at Alcide. She could see all of this was really important to him, and she didn’t want to bust him out in front of these people, who seemed kind of bastardly to her.

    “No. I AM pregnant.” Tara smiled, reaching for Alcide’s hand. Mason and Jules glanced at one another.

    “Really?” Jules asked in disbelief, looking at her stomach. “because you don’t look very far along.”

    “Because I’m not.” Tara said coolly. “Alcide is just kind of sensitive about the whole thing. But enough about me. Where are you all from? You don’t have accents that sound like you’re from around here.”

    “We’re from Virginia.” Mason answered reluctantly. “Look, we’ve taken up enough of your time. Jules and I should get going.” he said, bending down to pick up the lemon bars.

    “Oh no! I’ll get them and return your plate.” Tara replied, smiling again. Jules just nodded and her and Mason left the house, closing the door behind them. Alcide walked over to a front, bay window to watch them as they walked over the footbridge. He then turned to look at Tara.

    “Thanks.”

    “Yeah...you want to tell me what that was all about?” Tara asked.  Alcide folded his arms.

    “I shouldn’t have brought you out here so soon. I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come out here tonight.”

    Tara walked up to him.

    “You’re kidding me, right? You’ve been bothering the shit out of me about us being together and now...”

    “And now your life could be at stake!” he snarled. He took a deep breath and looked around for his keys.

    “What are you saying?”

    “I’m saying that we have no choice but to wait until the next full moon. Or find another place.”

    Tara’s mouth dropped open! Okay, now she was scared! Probably because he looked so uneasy.

    “Tell me what’s going on with those two? What’s happening here? Alcide, I already told them I was expectin’ here! You’ll be embarrassed if we don’t create...”

    Tara couldn’t believe she was actually contemplating doing this! But Alcide didn’t appear to be listening anyway. He opened the door and pulled her by the hand, out of the house. Tara wrenched away from him!

    “Talk! Now!”

    “Tara, those two came from Virginia...hell, God knows where! But I suspect, and can’t prove that they’ve been killing wolves in the community. Don’t ask me why, I just feel that they’re responsible. Part of my wanting to become Packmaster, is so I can have a little more control over what the hell’s going on in this community--and my pack. Having a witch for a wife, would help my chances, yes. But I saw the look in their eyes. The moment my  back is turned....I think you’re already in danger....”

    Tara reached up and put a finger against his lips.

    “Why don’t we have Sookie come out here and listen in on them? We can invite them to a party or something?”

    “Do you think she’d help out?”

    “You’d have to invite Bill, but yeah, she’d help if I asked.” Tara reasoned. “And don’t go worrying about me. I’m a powerful witch, remember?” she smiled up at him.

    “Will you come to me after your lesson with Northman? We can be together at Russell’s.”

    Tara couldn’t form the words to say ‘no’.

    Instead she said, ‘we’ll see’.

    Alcide was just glad she hadn’t said ‘no’. Her resistance was slipping. Hopefully he would know for sure tonight. He cast one last glance around, before slipping a protective arm around Tara’s waist and walking across the footbridge with her, towards his truck.

    Meanwhile, Jules and Mason had changed into their wolf forms and were peering at the couple through some foliage. They shifted back into human form and stared after the truck, as it drove off.

    “That’s her! That’s the witch I’ve been hearing about! The one that’s going to make rings for vamps!” Jules practically snarled. “How could Alcide go along with that?”

    “There has to be something more. I noticed she wasn’t wearing an engagement ring.” Mason said. “But for now, I think we ought to pay a visit to the newspaper office.”

    “Why?” Jules asked.

    “Don’t you think the citizens around here would want to know that Herveaux is helping the vamps gain an advantage over other sups?”

    Jules folded her arms over her breasts.

    “Why just go to a Were paper? Let’s see about going mainstream. Anonymously, of course.” she smiled.

    “That’s a thought.” Mason replied, now stretching.

    Jules now grinned!

    “And the lack of engagement ring doesn’t mean much. I’ve heard the Herveaux family are filled with nothing but cheap bastards.” she said.

                                                         ****

    Alcide dropped Tara off at Sookie’s, reaching for her hand to clasp it briefly, before taking off.  Tara walked up the steps of the house feeling more conflicted than ever. She opened the door and could smell the remains of her Alpo Lasagna.  Sam...she did owe him some dinner. Now that her car was fixed, she would go shopping for something else to fix him.

    So, she would have dinner with Sam, then go to Russell’s and get trained by that fucker Eric Northman, then...

    Then come back to Sookie’s, right?

    Tara sighed at her predicament, just as her eyes fell upon the UPS package that she forgot to open this morning. Figuring it was from Alcide, Tara tore open the box, then gasped when she saw what it was.

    It was a DVD of ‘Gone With The Wind’! There was a fucking card with it from Eric Northman, with some bullshit about how ‘he thought Tara would enjoy this’! Lord, did he actually KNOW what she dreamt about? Sookie had never said anything about that when she had had Bill and Eric’s blood! Yeah, she had had sexual dreams about them, but THEY didn’t know that!

    Tara thought about waiting until Bill woke up and asking him about this shit! But she was still pissed off at him. She didn’t know why, but she almost blamed him for doubting Sam.

    Tara sighed and looked at the card again. Now that her head had cleared, she actually read the thing:

    Hello, Kitten. Thank you for an enjoyable time last night in your dream. I am looking forward to the next one-E.N.

    Tara was sorry she had read it. She ripped it up and threw it in the trash, just as Sam knocked on the back kitchen screen door, and walked in. Tara frowned.

    “Sam? Uh, you’re early. I haven’t fixed anything yet.” she lied.

    “Well, I thought I’d come early.”

    “Why?”

    “Because you were right. We should talk before eating dinner. Hell, I’ll help you make it. That’d be more fun, don’t you think?”

    “Uh yeah, I guess.” Tara said in a hollow voice. Something was wrong. But she did not know what. Sam looked uneasy. Like Alcide had looked back at Foxpoint Bay. Maybe her being a witch was bothering him more than he had let on?

    “Tara?” Sam asked, eyeing her. “What’s wrong?”

    Tara licked her lips.

    “I messed up dinner. I had fixed it earlier.”

    Sam sniffed the air delicately, then looked over at the trash.

    “You fixed some kind of pasta, didn’t you?” he asked, peering over at the trash. Tara saw his eyes go over there and panicked! The can of Alpo was in there as well!

    “Yeah, but like I said, it didn’t work out. I’ll fix something else and I don’t want you helping! I invited you so relax, okay?”

    Sam nodded, rubbing her arm and left the kitchen. He went out to the living room and saw that Tara had opened the UPS package that had come earlier that day. He frowned. It was a DVD copy of ‘Gone With The Wind’. Sam had never thought Tara liked this particular movie.

    He then picked up the noted that accompanied it and paled.

    E.N. could be no one but Eric Northman! And what the fuck did he mean in this note about ‘enjoying Tara’s dream’? Alcide Herveaux was bad enough but now it looked like this vampire muthafucker was moving in on Tara as well???

    “Tara?” Sam called out.

    Tara, who had found some chicken breasts in the freezer, took them out and walked out into the living room. She sighed when she saw Sam holding Eric’s note.

    “Oh.” was all Tara said.

    “Oh? Really, Tara? ‘Oh’ is all you have to say? What the hell is this?”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “I’m not sure.”

    “Excuse me?!”

    “I’m not sure, Sam! I’m not sure! I think somehow he slipped me his blood.”

    Sam squinted at her.

    “I don’t understand how a vamp can ‘slip you some blood’ without you knowing?”

    “Well he did! Sookie used to tell me about how that works. But the thing is, the vamp usually doesn’t know what you’re dreaming about. Somehow this one does.”

    Sam said nothing. He suspected it was Tara’s witch origins that was making all of this happen, but he couldn’t prove it. Tara spoke again.

    “Sam, I need to talk to you about Alcide Herveaux. I wasn’t exactly truthful about that.”

    “About what?” Sam asked, turning away. But God help him, he knew what she was going to say...

    “I kind of spent the night with him. He said he would bother another witch if he saw we had no chemistry.”

    Sam turned back to her.

    “So the sex was terrible?”

    Tara coughed, looked away and shook her head quickly!

    “Jesus fucking Christ, Tara! You’re telling me you liked fucking a werewolf?!”

    “Hey!” Tara snapped. “He wasn’t a wolf when I slept with him. Anyway, that dream with Eric Northman happened the same night. You know, I don’t like your tone.”

    “Oh you don’t like my tone, hey?”

    “That’s right! Don’t you have something you need to tell me?”

    Sam cleared his throat.

    “Well if you know then come out with it.”

    “Okay, I will! Bill Compton and Alcide said you’re a shifter! Is that true?”

    “What do you think?”

    “I think you need to stop being funny! I almost fed you Alpo tonight to test you! If you had been truthful, maybe I wouldn’t have been driven to do that shit!” Tara snapped. Sam’s mouth dropped open!

    “Alpo?! The dog food?”

    “That’s right.” Tara sniffed. Sam walked into the kitchen and followed the lingering aroma of something, to the trash. He looked in and saw that something had been scraped in there.

    He also saw a can underneath the mess. All he could se was an ‘A’ and a ‘P’. Sam turned back and found Tara was now in the kitchen.

    “Jesus, you were going to poison me instead of just asking? How fucked up is that?”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “I don’t want to hear it. You owe me an apology, Sam Merlotte. You didn’t trust me to tell me the truth.”

    “Why? So you could sneak Alpo in my dinner? You know what? I’m leaving. Have a good night, Tara.”

    Tara watched as Sam walked out of the back door. Tears immediately sprang into her eyes and she angrily swiped them away.

    “I’m a prejudiced fuck!” Tara moaned as she picked up the bag of chicken breasts and put them back in the freezer. “Why should it matter? I’d love Sam if he was a turtle. Oh...”

    Suddenly Sam, who had quietly returned to the house, held her tightly from behind while sticking a needle in her neck! Tara immediately began struggling! She knew it was Sam doing this but why?!

    “Sam!” she wheezed before the damnedest thing happened.

    Suddenly, only Tara’s clothes could be seen!

    Sam immediately let go of her, then flew back when he was punched in the face! He didn’t even see her fist coming!

    “What the fuck were you trying to do?! What was that needle shit all about? Sam? Answer me!”

    “Tara...uh...Tara...uh...look at yourself in the mirror!”

    Sam was staring at her so oddly, then Tara slowly walked over to a wall  mirror and screamed! Sam walked over to her clothing.

    “Honey, we’ll figure it out! It’s probably part of your witch powers...look, I’ve been working for the government and they wanted to bring you in themselves. I knew you wouldn’t just come quietly. But honey, we can get out of all of this with their help.”

    Tara turned from the mirror to glare at Sam.

    “You work for the Feds?”

    “I was in trouble. Years ago. I was offered a chance to watch over things here in exchange for my freedom. Tara, they’re planning on coming after your whole family, the wolves and the vampires.”

    Sam watched as Tara’s clothing moved away from him.

    “Aunt Ruby Jean was right then.” she said softly.

    “Tara, honey, can you make yourself visible again?”

    “Fuck off!”

    “Come on, don’t be like that! Being invisible isn’t helping things here.”

    Meanwhile, Eric Northman had awakened and could sense something was amiss with Tara. But she had not drank enough of the gatorade for him to get a clear reading on anything. He forced himself to concentrate on LaFayette’s lesson, before they were interrupted by of all people, Alcide.

    Alcide noted that LaFayette seemed a little more steady and sure of himself, than he had the previous evening. He watched as the witch left him and Northman alone.

    “Look, I’m asking you for a favor.”

    “Favors from me cost.” Eric said blithely, holding a clipboard. He checked off some things concerning LaFayette’s progress.

    Alcide let the comment pass.

    “I think Tara could be in some danger from members of my community. I need for you to watch out for her at night, if you can.”

    Eric set the clipboard down and gave Alcide his full attention.

    “Won’t YOU be with her at night? Or is the courtship going that badly?”

    “If you want to see those damned rings you want Tara to make, then you’ll help me out here. Just serve as a bodyguard. I know she hates your guts and can be difficult...”

    “Oh, I don’t think Tara ‘hates my guts’, Eric said knowingly, “but I do admit that I have sensed some hostility.”

    Alcide rolled his eyes.

    “Are you going to do this or not?”

    “Of course. As you’ve said, if I want to see the rings, then it is important that Tara is kept safe.” he said looking at his watch. “She’s late. I will bring her here myself.”

    “I think she’s late because of Merlotte. She’s havin’ a hard time there.”

   
    “That’s not my concern, is it?” Eric said blithely. “I’ll go and get her now so you can see your beloved is safe.”

                                                    ****

    When Eric arrived at Sookie’s home. he found Merlotte there with....

    “What is going on?” Eric asked, confused.

    “Get the hell out of here, Northman!” Sam seethed with frustration. Tara stood up from the couch she had been sitting on, took off all of her clothes, dropped them and then went silent.

    Eric’s eyes went wide for a moment. He then spoke.

    “She has the power of invisibility?”

    “Apparently so!” Sam cried, throwing up his hands. “Tara, I can smell you so I know you’re still near by.”

    “As can I.” Eric said in a hard tone. “And I don’t have time for this. You need to come with me for your lesson.”

    “Fuck off!” Tara snapped. Both creatures realized the sound came more from the stairs! Eric used his speed to make a grab for her, but got nothing but air!

    “I do not find any of this amusing, Tara Thornton! Now reveal yourself this insta...” Eric began.

    “Holy shit!” Sam yelled as Eric’s prized sports car that he had driven over, started up and sped off! Sam looked at Eric, who just stared off into the night.

    “You’re not going to go after her? She just stole your car!”

    Eric turned and gave Sam a cold look.

    “Let me ask you a question: did you ever love her? At all?”

    “I love Tara about as much as...”

    “As much as a shill for the human federal authorities could? I’ve known about you for years. I check out every person that is in Sookie’s life. And I think you are part of this ‘apocalypse’ that is coming for our kind. Am I correct?”

    “I didn’t have a choice. And all I want to do is love and protect Tara. There is a deal in the works. She could get immunity just from being married to me. So do what you want, vamp. You can kill me if you want, but it’s still going down.”

    Eric smiled coldly at Sam.

    “Kill you? No, Mr. Merlotte. If I killed you, then I would not be able to use Tara’s anger with you, over your betrayal of her, to bring out her most useful powers. Now if you will excuse me, I must find my car. And the driver.”

    And with those words, Eric disappeared into the night. Sam looked around, saw the ‘Gone With The Wind’ DVD, hurried to the back door and flung it into the darkness after Eric!

    “YOU FORGOT YOUR DVD YOU VAMPIRE FUCK!” he screamed, before forcing himself to calm down. He reluctantly pulled out his phone. He would have to tell Agent McKay that not only had he failed to bring Tara in, but that he had witnessed one of her powers for himself.

Chapter 7 by PriscillaPal

    Special Agent Dennis McKay, got the ‘go’ order to begin ‘Operation Apocalypse’, based on what Sam Merlotte had told him. Now that the witch could make herself invisible AND seemed receptive to breeding new supernatural beings with a wolf, this mission had to be moved up.

    The first place that would be wiped out, hopefully, would be the wolf community of FoxPoint Bay in Shreveport...

    Meanwhile, Tara drove Eric’s car to Merlotte’s, parked, went inside and breezed past everyone. She noted that Bill was sitting in a booth, probably waiting to catch Sookie on a break. Tara went to the changing room, found a stray uniform to put on, but did not have shoes...underwear or a bra. But it was better than the nothing she did have on.

    Sookie came into the room unexpectantly and saw a ‘floating uniform’ and screamed! Tara revealed just her face.

    “Hey, Sook!”

    “Tara!” Sookie breathed. “Wh...what’s....do you need to go to the emergency room?”

    “Naw, girl, I’m good. This is just some of my witch powers kicking in.”

    “Tara, can you bring your whole body back? Please? I’m freaking out here! And if Arlene or someone walks in...”

    “Okay, okay!” Tara said and brought her whole body back. “Do you have any shoes I can borrow?”

    “I have some tennis shoes in my locker over there.  Tara, what the hell?! I thought you were with Sam tonight?”

    Tara sat down on a bench to put on the shoes.

    “I’m never going to be with Sam again. I found out he’s been working for the feds this whole time!”

    Sookie frowned.

    “Working for the feds? What do you mean?”

    “Just what I said! Sam tried to stick me with a needle tonight. I turned invisible as a reaction or something. That was when he told me that the feds offered him a deal, years ago. They would give him a new life or something, in exchange for his watching us. I don’t date feds. I don’t fuck them either so I’m really pissed off right now! I was having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that he was a shifter...by the way--did you know that shit?”

    Sookie slowly sat down next to her on the bench.

    “I did, yes. But Sam really has a good heart. I can’t imagine that he’s a spy or anything.”

    “Well he is! And he used me. And he would’ve used you if you had gotten with him.” Tara said standing up. “I have to get going. I stole Eric Northman’s car and he’s probably looking for me now.”

    Sookie slowly stood up.

    “Whoa! Did I just hear you right? You stole Eric’s car?”

    “Yeah. It was an impulse thing. Plus he gets on my nerves.” Tara replied.

    “Tara, you shouldn’t have...” Sookie was about to go on, when suddenly, Eric appeared, followed by Bill, who had seen the blur that was Eric!

    Bill immediately went to Sookie’s side, resting his hands on her shoulders.

    “What brings you by tonight?” Bill asked, trying to keep his tone casual. Eric didn’t even spare him a glance.

    “Nothing that concerns you. Please take Sookie out of here. Tara and I need private time alone.”

    Tara rolled her eyes!

    “Just go, Sookie. He won’t dare try anything.” she smirked. Neither Sookie, nor Bill, were as sure as Tara was, but they did as Eric asked and left, closing the door behind them.

    “You’re feeling quite sure of yourself tonight, aren’t you? Using your invisibility to evade me and stealing my car are proof of that. Good. Now I want you to put all of that confidence into the training session we will be having tonight.”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “Why did you send me that DVD?”

    “You didn’t like it?”

    “I don’t like that particular movie, no. And I want to know why the fuck you slipped me your blood? As a matter of fact, I want to know how you know what I dream about EXACTLY?”

    “Maybe I’ll give you answers after one of our training sessions. Now come along.”

    Tara snorted and looked away. Eric smiled tolerantly, took off his jacket and bit into his wrist, something Tara saw him do out of the corner of her eye.

    “You didn’t swallow enough of the blood I put into your gatorade the last time. But if you think I’m going to be chasing after you every night, without knowing your exact location, you have another thing coming. Oh...and another thing...because you didn’t take in enough, we didn’t get to make love on those stairs. I plan to remedy that as well.”

    Tara emitted a squeak, looked around and with her mind, forced two of the lockers to fall onto top of Eric! She then ran around the fray to the door, but with lightening speed, Eric flung the lockers off of himself, blocked her from leaving and forced his wrist against her lips!

    Tara screamed, while swallowing blood! Eric, who was holding the back of her head firmly, began to speak softly to her.

    “Easy now, kitten. You don’t want to choke. I need to know where you are at all times. For your own good.”

    Tara wrenched away from him, hurried around him and whipped open the door to the changing room! Terry Bellefleur watched as Tara ran to a sink, stuck her head under the faucet and began gulping water! She then spit it out!

    Eric sighed with annoyance and Tara then began licking the walls, supposedly to wipe the taste of blood out of her mouth!

    “Uh, Tara,” Terry asked, “is there something I can do for you?”

    “GET ME SOME WHISKEY, TERRY! QUICK! I HAVE TO STERILIZE MY MOUTH!” Tara cried out. Eric walked out of the changing room, putting on his jacket. He then approached Tara.

    “When you have finished with your histrionics, you will meet me in my car. In the passenger seat. Are we clear?”

    Tara said nothing as he walked past her and out of the kitchen. But once he was gone, she began to sob. Sookie hurried into the kitchen.

    “Tara! Tara, what happened? Did he hurt you?”

    “No!” Tara moaned. “I just....I can’t...I don’t know what’s happening anymore! Sam is a fed and...”

    Terry overheard that and mouthed the phrase ‘oh shit’! He dropped the container of dishes he had had in his arms and slipped out of a side door. Sookie stroked Tara’s hair.

    “Come on now! Sam was probably just foolin’ with you.”

    Tara calmed down enough to stare at Sookie.

    “I don’t think so...I don’t think so...he was serious...he kept saying he could help me. I’d better go.” she said, standing up. Sookie grabbed her arm.

    “Honey, I will go outside and kick Eric’s ass from here to kingdom! You are not leaving with him!”

    Tara wiped her face.

    “I think Sam is involved with whatever is going to happen to us, Sook. I need to be prepared for it. And so do you.” she finished, hugging Sookie hard before leaving the kitchen. She ignored Arlene’s pointed stare and walked out of Merlotte’s.

    Bill was just finishing an unpleasant conversation with Eric, when he saw Tara walking towards them.

    “Do you plan on killing Merlotte?” Bill asked in a low voice. Eric grinned!

    “And risk Sookie’s wrath? No. Besides, the feds will do that for us. Merlotte is a fool if he thinks they plan to let HIM live and not the rest of us. I say let him learn the hard way for going against his kind. Tara, we should get going.” he said, opening his passenger side for her. Tara got in, making a point not to look at Bill, as Eric closed the door after her.

    “I think its a mistake to assume that, Eric.” Bill said, as Eric walked around to the driver’s side.

    “And I think it’s a mistake to assume that I won’t let it slip to Sookie, that you knew about Sam Merlotte the whole time. Have a good night.” Eric said, getting in on the driver’s side and speeding off.

                                                           ****

    The drive to Russell’s estate was silent. And when Eric parked in the drive, Tara jumped out before he had fully stopped the car.

    “Auntie! Auntie!” Tara sobbed, running and looking for Ruby Jean. “That vampire fucker tried to kill me tonight! Auntie! Auntie where are you?!”

    Russell stepped out of a room and looked at Tara with feigned concern.

    “Tara? What on earth has gotten into you, girl?  Your aunt is feeling poorly now. She had some unpleasant visions that were upsetting.”

    Alcide came out of the room and Tara instinctively flew into his arms! Eric walked in, smirked at the sight, then slammed the front door behind him.

    “Northman, what the hell have you done?” Alcide asked, holding Tara tightly. Tara sniffed against his broad chest, then spoke.

    “He forced blood down my throat! I can still taste the nasty shit! I need something to get rid of it! Whiskey, turpentine or something!”

    Russell grinned at Eric.

    “I like your thinking, Mr. Northman,” he said before turning back to Alcide and Tara, “and I’m sorry, Mr. Herveaux, if the idea of Tara getting a belly full of Mr. Northman’s blood here, is distressing. But we do need to keep an eye on our witch here.”

    Alcide set Tara away from him a bit.

    “Tara, honey, I know you know about Sam. Your aunt saw it in a vision. She also saw something else.”

    Tara sniffed, while staring up at Alcide questioningly.

    Then a horrible scream could be heard! Tara yanked herself out of Alcide’s arms!

    “Is that Jesus?” Tara whispered.

    “Yes, honey,” Russell cooed, “your Mr. Merlotte wasn’t the only ‘spy’.  LaFayette is torturing him now to find out what we need to know. And it isn’t easy for him. He loved Jesus so.”

    Tara tried to hurry towards the sound, but Alcide blocked her way.

    “Tara, you shouldn’t see this.”

    “Yes, Tara,” Eric said in a bored tone, “we need to get to the lower floors. I want to work more on that wonderful new power of yours.”

    “What new power?” Alcide asked, looking from Eric to Tara. Tara smiled meekly.

    “I can turn invisible. It happened by accident.”

    “Merlotte was probably trying to take her in.” Eric theorized. Tara stared at him in disbelief for a moment, before the sounds of Jesus’s screams caught her attention again. Tara moved around Alcide and went into the room that they were coming from.

    Jesus was writhing around on the floor, with a hardened looking Lafayette standing over him. Blood was running out of his mouth. Tara grabbed LaFayette’s arm!

    “He ain’t a vampire, LaFayette! You’ll kill him!”

    “Not before he tells me why the fuck he lied to me?!” LaFayette snapped. He then moved his hand slightly, and Jesus screamed holding his head! Blood ran out of his nose. Russell, Alcide and Eric walked in and stood over the ‘traitor’.

    “Now Jesus,” Russell said in a gentle voice, “cut the bullshit and LaFayette will stop hurting you. We need to know what’s being planned. You tell us and we’ll leave you be.”

    Jesus coughed and writhed, before taking deep breaths. He was lying on the floor on his side, staring up at LaFayette. Tara slowly released her cousin’s arm.

    “The wolves in FoxPoint are going to be killed first...” Jesus managed to cough out. “But...but...the shifter was supposed to kill Tara, not bring her in.”

    Tara gasped and took a step backwards. LaFayette’s mouth dropped open!

    “You mean to tell me, that Sam was going to murder Tara?! Why? Why, Jesus, you tell me why!” LaFayette barked.

    Jesus croaked some words out that no one could understand. Alcide grabbed Tara by the arm and pulled her away a bit.

    “I have to get to Foxpoint and help.”

    “Let me come with you! I can help somehow, I know I can!”

    Russell looked over at them.

    “Take LaFayette.  You’re not ready yet.” he said.

    Alcide touched Tara’s face briefly, before nodding to LaFayette, who actually spit on Jesus, before leaving with Alcide. Tara looked around. Where was Aunt Ruby Jean?

    She wandered from the room in search of her, while Russell and Eric coerced the last bit of info out of Jesus. Eric kneeled before him.

    “Why was Tara to be killed? The shifter told me there was a deal in the works to save her.” he said.

    Jesus struggled for breath.

    “She’s...she’s...she’s a fertile witch...she can create life from the dead...she can make children from the dea....”

    Jesus then died. Eric slowly rose and locked eyes with a thrilled Russell.

    “Do you know what this means, your majesty?” Eric asked carefully.

    “I do indeed. It means that Mr. Herveaux is of no use to me anymore. Ms. Thornton can conceive children with vampires. We can create our own breed of supernatural creatures.” Russell sighed. Eric nodded to himself. Alcide Herveaux was not the only one eligible for ‘breedin rights’.

                                                          ****

    Tara found her aunt waking up from being hung over. She didn’t like seeing that. It reminded her too much of her own mother, the late Lettie Mae Thornton. She was lying on a couch in another room. Tara sat down beside her.

    “So seeing Sam betray me made you get this drunk? Auntie, you have to be on your toes if you’re going to stay in this house! Hell, in this relationship with that bloodsucker!”

    Ruby Jean turned red rimmed eyes on her niece.

    “I thought he would be better for you than that wolf. Now it doesn’t matter. Russell and Eric know what I know now.”

    That  made no sense to Tara.

    “What are you talking about?” she asked.

    Ruby Jean took a breath, then spoke.

    “Go to the wolf, Tara. Do what he wants. And stay away from the vampires.”

    Tara slowly stood up.

    “What did you see?”

    “Nothin’!”

    “See, Auntie, that’s the damned problem here! You CLAIM that your visions aren’t specific, but apparently they are. Now you’ve seen some more shit and then you’re giving me hints??? What did you see?”

    Ruby Jean stood up.

    “Go to the wolf now. Go.”

    Tara realized she wasn’t going to get anymore out of Ruby Jean, so she turned and left the room. Eric and Russell were out in the hallway.

    “I’m going to go and see if I can help LaFayette and Alcide.” Tara said coldly, half expecting Eric to begin yapping about working with her or something.

    But they both smiled at her, showing more fang than she would’ve liked.

    “Of course, dear,” Russell said, “after all, Alcide is your future.”

    “Yes, take my car.” Eric offered, grinning at her.

    At first, Tara was unsure as to whether they would let her leave. But Eric dangled his keys in front of her and she took them, walking past the two of them and out of the door. What was up with that?

                                                        ****

    Sam Merlotte and Terry Bellefleur were not the only ‘spies’.

    After a tactical team totally decimated FoxPoint Bay, either burning wolves or shooting them with silver, makeshift, tent headquarters had been set up. And Agent Dennis McKay had two more informants sitting in front of him--Mason and Jules Lockwood.

    “Well, well, well,” Agent McKay said sarcastically, “why did I find you two in the newspaper office here, giving an interview...”

    “We were NOT giving an interview. We were complaining about the lack of negative vampire stories.” Jules lied. “Every other story in that rag was about how some wolf had robbed another wolf. Wolves are victims of crime too.”

    “That’s right,” Mason said casually, “and many of those crimes happen at the fangs of vamps.”

    Agent McKay didn’t believe that for shit, but he couldn’t prove anything. The newspaper office was burned and the editor were killed. Mason and Jules had been spared because of their government ties. Agent McKay sat down as well.

    “Tell me what you’ve learned about Alcide Herveaux?” he asked. Mason smirked.

    “We met that witch. The one that’s supposed to bear his children. She claims she’s already carrying his child.”

    Agent McKay didn’t want to hear that at all!

    “No. I have other informants. If that were true I’d know that. She has been intimate with him--once. As we all know, that’s not enough.” Agent McKay said absently. God, let that not be true! Was it possible Sam Merlotte had missed this piece of vital information?

    Either way, Tara Thornton would have to die to end the bloodline of witches that could cause so much trouble. He would rather not have to kill a pregnant woman though.

    Suddenly, a low growl could be heard outside of the tent! Mason and Jules immediately shifted back into their wolf forms, but it would be too late for them. LaFayette entered and quickly reduced the animals into nothing but quivering, bloody messes. The wolves gave desperate howls and cries, before Agent McKay’s horrified eyes. He could hear screams and shooting from around the camp, that suddenly were silenced.

    Another wolf entered the tent and Agent McKay guessed he was looking at Alcide Herveaux. The wolf’s mouth was caked with blood. Alcide had brought in Debbie and Coot to help him take care of McKay’s men.

    Now all that stood before him, was McKay.

    He began to back back, looking from Alcide to LaFayette.

    “You will never get away with this. Once we’re done with both your kinds, then the vamps are next. Killing me won’t stop it.”

    “The hell is won’t!” LaFayette snapped as Alcide leapt on a screaming McKay and ripped his heart out! Meanwhile, Tara arrived in Eric’s car, parked and jumped out. Tears welled up in her eyes! This beautiful community that she had considered living in, was nothing but smoke and ashes now. She saw the corpses of what were clearly animals, mixed in with some human corpses. Good God! Where were LaFayette and Alcide!

    “LAFAYETTE? ALCIDE? WHERE ARE YOU?” Tara screamed. LaFayette came running out of the tent and put a hand over her mouth.

    “Shut the hell up! We don’t know who else is around here!”

    Tara flung his hand away from her mouth!

    “Did you all do this?!”

    “Do I look like I know how to do all this shit? The fucking feds are responsible for this shit! Alcide just finished killing one of the last agents, but we’re going to be in a shitload of trouble if anyone can prove what we did.”

    “Why would we be in trouble? The government had not business coming in here and killing up people.”

    “We’re not considered ‘people’ anymore, Tara. Not these wolves and not us.” LaFayette reminded her. Alcide exited the tent, naked and walked over to them.

    “LaFayette, take Tara in my truck and get back to Russell’s.”

    “I’m not leaving.” Tara said flatly. Alcide looked at LaFayette.

    “Take the truck then. You brought a car?” he asked of Tara.

    “Eric’s sportscar. He let me borrow it.”

    LaFayette and Alcide glanced at one another, but made no comment on Eric’s sudden generosity. Tara hugged LaFayette briefly, before watching him get into Alcide’s truck and drive off. She then turned to Alcide.

    “What can I do to help? Do we need to get rid of the bodies? Or run? Or what?”

    Alcide slowly rested his hands on Tara’s shoulders.

    “It’s a full moon. There is only one thing I need for you to do for me. And I’m hopin’ your being here means you’ve come to a decision.”

    Tara shrugged.

    “I’ll help keep the population going, I guess.”

    Alcide tilted his head.

    “You seemed more into it earlier. And last night.”

    “I know. I am. It’s just a lot has happened. I don’t know where we go from here.”

    “Where we go is that we begin making a child tonight. Then tomorrow, we find a justice of the peace.”

    “Oh. About that. I’d like a real wedding. And I want Sookie to be a bridesmaid.”

    Alcide lifted a brow.

    “We don’t really have time for a real wedding, Tara.”

    Tara gave him a dirty look.

    Then she turned invisible.

    “Sonofabitch!” Alcide growled, as he felt Tara leave his grasp. “Okay, okay! We can have a real wedding!”

    Tara returned, smiling.

    “I’m so glad you see things my way!” she beamed. “Okay, so let’s get going...”

    “Uh, there are some rules.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “Rules to what? It’s a full moon.”

    “Yeah, but the first time needs to be in water.”

    “Water?!” Tara almost shouted, looking around. She didn’t see any in the immediate vicinity.

    “There was that bridge outside of your house. Oh...did that get destroyed too?”

    “I’m sorry. Yeah, it did.”

    “You don’t have to be sorry. You should get paid reparations for that shit.” Tara sniffed. “But I don’t know where we’re going to do this then.”

    “About that,” Alcide began sounding shifty, “if there is no water then two wolves have to watch.”

    “Watch what?”

    “Watch us have sex.”

    Tara was about to go off, when two wolves appeared behind Alcide. Tara backed back a bit.

    “Don’t be scared! This is Debbie and her boyfriend Coot.”

    Tara peered at the wolves.

    “Which one is Debbie?”

    “The one with the pink leash around her neck.”

    “Oh. And the other one is Goober...”

    “Coot.” Alcide corrected impatiently. “Tara, they’ll be in wolf form. They just have to watch. We’ll just ignore them.”

    Tara exhaled and began taking off her clothes.

    “This is fucked up. You know that, right?”


                                                    ****

    It was more than fucked up.

    Tara could not relax and enjoy herself! For one, she didn’t usually like sex outdoors on the ground. But she figured it was for the good of everything.

    Alcide tried to make it enjoyable for her, while he huffed away on top of her, but she could do nothing but lay in fright, as her eyes locked with the wolves. That goddamned Debbie looked like she wanted to eat her!

    And Cooter, Fucker or whatever his name was, licked the back of her head!

    Finally, the wolf bastards went away or wherever, and Alcide slept. Tara tried not to. Not because she was afraid of the wolves, but who she would encounter in her dream.

    It would do no good. How Tara wished she had had some Mountain Dew...
   
    Tara was back on that goddamned staircase from ‘Gone With The Wind’ again. Naked. And so was Eric.

    Others walked up and down the staircase, as if they honestly did not see them. Sookie had disappeared. Tara didn’t see Alcide or Sam either.

    Eric had now moved behind her on the stairs and his hands caressed her back. Tara closed her eyes and spoke.

    “I don’t like it here.”

    “You’re not supposed to like it, kitten. But you know why’s you’re here. “ he said, his breath searing the back of her neck. The sensation made Tara’s nipples harden and Eric reached around and tweaked one of them.

    “Open your legs a little.” Eric whispered. Tara moved to stand so they were only slightly wider, but his hands moved them apart even further, and soon his hands explored Tara’s body. He touched every part of her, as if he wanted her to remember it when she awakened.

    Eric wrapped his arms around Tara from behind, his cold chest touching her back, sending a shiver down her spine. One of his hands ran across her wet slit and Tara could feel him smile with the knowledge of how ready she was for him.

    Eric sucked one of her earlobes, just as Tara felt his cock harden. She could feel it getting longer and longer. It then slowly plowed through her butt cheeks and snaked it’s way up until it entered her, with Eric only having to make a slight adjustment to his posture.

    Tara tried not to gasp at the heat of his cock or the feel of it pushing inside of her, as if it were constantly trying to make more room. Instinctively, Tara rested her head back against the vampire’s shoulder, while he kept a tight hold on her.  She began rotating her hips in a small, circular motion, until soon, Tara was moving up and down on the thick shaft of Eric’s cock, impaling herself over and over again. She could feel him moving behind her, matching her rhythm. She tightened her inner muscles around his cock as she continued to bounce up and down.

    As an orgasm ripped through Tara’s body, she heard the song ‘Dixie’ playing and clenched her teeth while she convulsed. Eric emptied himself into her, covering her insides with his lava. Tara came once more as her mind seemed to explode with lights and sound. And then....

    Tara sat up quickly and looked around. And just as before, Alcide was still asleep on the ground, looking as if he didn’t have a care in the world. Tara slowly sat up, hoping the world that had been FoxPoint Bay would look different in the light of day. Unfortunately, it did not.

    Eric Northman, meanwhile, slept peacefully in his hole, holding his cock in his hands. He, unlike Tara, considered ‘Gone With The Wind’ to be one of his favorite movies of all time.

Chapter 8 by PriscillaPal

    Seemingly, no one officially acknowledged the debacle that ‘Operation Apocalypse’ turned out to be.

    No one seemed to know how a team of agents ended up being slaughtered in a quiet community in Shreveport, Louisiana.

    Worse yet, no one seemed to know who killed most of the citizens in that community. There was some bullshit about a ‘wildfire’, but not many people were buying that. Then there were the haters, that made it clear they didn’t give a fuck who was dead in Foxpoint Bay, because everyone was rich anyway.

    There were many low key funerals held, none of which Alcide wanted Tara to be present at. He still felt as if she was still in danger from other undesirables in the wolf community. Tara didn’t like funerals much, and acquiesced to his wishes, though she had wanted to pay her respects.

    Instead, she and Sookie shopped for wedding dresses. Tara could feel her friend’s worry and kept waiting to endure some lecture from her. But it never came.

    Unfortunately, at night, she still had to train with Eric, who just gave her knowing looks but said nothing in reference to ‘their’ hot dreams.  And now, she was ready to work with LaFayette on the spell that would allow Russell, Eric and now Bill the chance to walk around in the sun. She couldn’t think of three beings that deserved that privilege less.

    As the story opens, Tara has found a wedding dress and has went to the bridal shop to pick it up. Sookie, who has to work the afternoon shift at Merlotte’s, is just about to leave, when Sam arrives.

    Sookie sighed. Sam was on her shit list these days. She told no one what Tara told her about him, but he knew damned well that she knew he was a spy for the government. A traitor to his own supernatural kind.

    She refused to speak to him at work. Tara had quit by e-mail. Arlene was trying to figure out what was up, but no one would tell her.

    Now Sam was on her doorstep. Sookie wordlessly pushed open the screendoor and let him in.

    “Sookie, I need for you to try and understand why I did what I did.”

    “There is no understanding it, Sam. You see what happened to those poor wolves in FoxPoint Bay. That’s what they plan to do to all of us--with your help!”

    “My handler was killed, Sookie. And I don’t think he meant to die. You can’t tell me Alcide didn’t have something to do with that. He lives there Sookie and he was the only one left alive!”

    “Alcide was probably just doing what needed to be done. Look, Sam, I’d stay away from those government types and watch your back.”

    Sam folded his arms.

    “I’m not really here about all of that. It’s Tara. I’m not letting her marry Herveaux. I mean, come on, Sookie! She barely knows him!”

    “You know why she’s marrying him. And what happened to Alcide’s people, just proves she’ll be safer with him.”

    “Okay, fine! I get that you think Tara is better off with him! But I need the chance to stop the wedding.”

    Sookie snorted!

    “That ain’t happening! I mean Alcide wouldn’t let anything stop it.”

    “Why don’t you just leave that up to me. I’ll need your help though.”

    “With what?”

    Sam took a deep breath, then spoke.

    “I need to live here Sookie. As a parrot. Your new pet parrot.”

    “Hell no!”

    “Come on, Sookie!”

    “Sam, how do I know this isn’t another plan of yours with the government? You’d be spying on us! Tara would never forgive me!”

    “She would never know! I swear! I just need to be able to tell where her head is at.”

    Sookie shook her head sadly.

    “What is the matter with you? You’ve betrayed Tara. You’ve betrayed us both. I don’t see how you’re going to get her back, really, I don’t. I mean Tara’s agreeing to marry Alcide, pretty much says she gave up on you.”

    “Sookie, I would’ve never let anyone hurt my friends. Not you. And I would’ve never let anyone hurt Tara. I’d die first. You have to know that.”

    Sookie could see and feel the sincerity coming from Sam in layers. But what he was asking...naw...Tara would be madder than a wet hen!

    “Sam, Bill gets something out of all of this too. Now I’m sorry, but I just can’t help you. I’m sorry. Now I have to get ready for work, as you well know, so if you’d scoot.”

    Sam nodded curtly and appeared to leave. He got into his truck and drove off down the road a bit, then parked on the side of the road.

    About 20 minutes later, Tara came speeding down the road. In the backseat was a box that held her wedding dress to a man that she barely knew, but had had sex with twice.  Tara tried to think of it in terms of an ‘arranged marriage’, kind of like what poor, foreign girls were sometimes forced to do. And some of those marriages probably turned out pretty well.

    And she genuinely liked Alcide. He seemed like a good man, despite his animal background. The thought of animals made her think of Sam...

    What was the difference between a man that changed into a wolf versus a man that changed into anything? Or anything that moved?

    The difference was that Tara had known upfront what Alcide was. Sam had lied then turned out to be some government spy/stooge. He was responsible for all of those deaths in Alcide’s neighborhood and the destruction of that pretty house they were going to live in. And...

    Tara suddenly slammed on her brakes! She checked the rearview mirror and saw no cars had been behind her, thank God! She then looked at the person that had forced her to make such a hard brake.

    Sam Merlotte was standing in the middle of the road, butt naked! Tara turned off the engine and jumped out of the car, leaving the door open.

    “Sam Merlotte! Have you lost your goddamned mind?! Put some clothes on and get out of here!”

    But Sam folded his arms. Tara walked up to him.

    “Move, Sam! Before I run you down!”

    “You wouldn’t do that,” Sam said matter-of-factly, “and I’m here to tell you that I’m not letting you marry Alcide Herveaux. Whether you like it or not, the humans of this Earth plan to get some control here over supernatural beings. It’s better to be an ally then an enemy. I have a deal that will help us both. Don’t throw away your life by hooking up with fiends.”

    Tara rolled her eyes!

    “Thanks! I’m good, right where I am. Alcide and I are going to be very happy together. Alcide and our child. Now get out of my way.”

    “Is that your final answer?”

    “What is this? Jeopardy? Yeah, that’s my final answer! We’re through, Sam! I never want to see you again!”

    And with that, Sam shifted into a skunk and sprayed Tara! Tara began screaming her head off, running around and about, as Sam the skunk ran to her open car door, jumped in the backseat and sprayed her wedding dress box! He then ran out of the car and shifted back into himself! He walked over to the side of the road where his car was and reached in to put on some clothes.

    “YOU FUCKING BASTARD! WHY DID YOU DO THAT? WHY?” Tara screamed.

    Sam turned to look at her.

    “I guess you’ll have to get another wedding dress. You’ll also have to bathe in tomato juice...which means Herveaux probably won’t want any part of you--for now. Northman won’t be able to work with you either. I’m going to KEEP SPRAYING YOU AND EVERY WEDDING DRESS YOU GET UNTIL YOU REALIZE THAT I’M NOT GIVING UP ON YOU!” Sam yelled, before re-dressing, getting into his car and speeding off.

    Too horrified to react, Tara slowly sank down into the road next to her car and began to cry.

                                                           ****

    Sookie called in sick and told Sam he was going to pay her anyway for it, since it was his fault!

    She had arranged for Tara to bathe in tomato juice in a second bathroom in the house, but she could not calm her near hysterics.

    Alcide came over, found out what Sam had done and headed for Merlotte’s, despite Sookie’s pleas for him not to start any trouble.

    Sam was wiping out a glass when Alcide entered. He smiled to himself and continued his task. Alcide walked up to the bar.

    “We have a problem.” Alcide said. Sam stopped what he was doing to look at him.

    “’We’? I don’t see how. I barely know you. Except to see you. I think it’s the same for Tara too.”

    Alcide took a deep breath.

    “Meet me outside.”

    “I have a business to run.”

    “Meet me outside, or I’ll kill every goddamned person that leaves this piece of shit hole in the wall dive. Are you hearin’ me?”

    And with that, Alcide walked out. Arlene glanced over their way. Sam huffed, took off his apron and met Alcide outside, near the woods. It only took two seconds for Sam to get grabbed by the throat!

    “Now you hear me, and you hear me good! Stay the fuck away from my fiancee! You messed up and it’s over. So there isn’t going to be anymore spraying skunk juice all over her, or her belongin’s! Are we clear?”

    Sam wrenched Alcide’s hand off of his throat!

    “If Tara doesn’t ruin her life by marrying you, then yeah, I understand.”

    Alcide shook his head.

    “What the fuck is the matter with you, Merlotte? You’re not just slowing things down for Tara and me. She won’t be able to work with Northman tonight. If she continues not being able to do that, then the vamps aren’t going to have any use for her. She could be in danger. Do you get that?”

    “What I get is that you’re full of shit! The vamps are always going to have a use for Tara and what she can do. And so will you.”

    Alcide looked him over.

    “What does that mean?”

    “You know what it means! This isn’t just about having a kid by a witch! With Tara by your side there’s no telling the amount of shit you could pull over on people! What Tara and I have always had was real. I’m not about to let anyone fuck that up. I’m also not going to let anyone use her.”

    Alcide said nothing more and walked off. He had decided that the people to inform were Edgington and Northman. Let them deal with Merlotte!

    But what neither Alcide nor Sam realized, was that the both of them were very much on Russell and Eric’s radar now.

                                                          ****

    When Alcide reached the Edgington estate, he was surprised to find Ruby Jean handing a suitcase to a limo driver. Alcide parked and got out of his truck, walking up to her.

    “Ruby Jean, this ain’t the time for a trip. Tara’s going through a hard time and I need to speak to Russell when he wakes. We have trouble.”

    Ruby Jean gave him a pithy look.

    “Honey, if I were you, I’d run for the hills.”

    Alcide’s jaw hardened.

    “You’ve had another vision, haven’t you?”

    “I’m leaving Russell. This ain’t a vacation.” Ruby Jean said and began to get into the back of the limo. But Alcide grabbed her arm and yanked her back!

    “What the fuck is going on?! Answer me now!”

    Ruby Jean wriggled her arm from his grasp!

    “I saw no apocolypse...for now.  I also saw Tara with Eric Northman. You weren’t anywhere around.” Ruby Jean said pointedly. “Russell and Eric are up to something, so I’d watch my back if I were you.”

    Alcide just stared as Ruby Jean got into the limo and it sped off. He then looked around. Was LaFayette around?

    Alcide found LaFayette smoking weed by the pool. He sat down on a chaise next to him.

    “Your mama ran out of here like a bat out of hell. Do you know what she saw in her visions?” Alcide asked him. LaFayette blinked, before taking another hit. He then spoke.

    “Mama claims that Jesus told Russell and Eric something about Tara and me being fertile. Fertile enough to give vamps kids. So if I was you, I’d bounce.”

    Alcide’s mouth dropped open and he slowly stood up.

    “Are you fucking kidding me? Tell me you’re fucking with me?!”

    LaFayette stood up.

    “I’m trapped here. There ain’t no way I’m going to get out of doing my step-daddy’s bidding. And while I know you and Sam would probably try to keep Tara away from Russell and Eric, the two of you will lose. At least that’s what Mama saw in her vision.”

    “Sonofobitch!”

    “Yeah, ‘sonofabitch’ it right and then some! So I’d forget this wedding shit. Either that or marry Tara before Russell and Eric wake up tonight! Because they do plan on cutting you out of this shit.”

    Alcide nodded curtly, stood up and left the estate. Skunk smell or not, him and Tara were getting married right away.

                                                          ****

    Tara slowly walked out of the bathroom in a robe. She just faintly smelled like skunk, but she still smelled like FUCKING SKUNK! How could Sam do that? He was just going to spray her whenever? He was the one that fucked up, not her!

    She was too embarrassed to even look at Alcide. He would just have to agree to postpone their wedding, that was supposed to happen in two days. She needed to find another dress and make sure she didn’t smell like a wild animal.

    Sookie was downstairs looking at her with unease, when she entered the living room.

    “How are you feeling?” Sookie asked.

    “Like I was sprayed with a skunk.” Tara groused. “I hate Sam’s guts now. Before I just hated him in general but now I hate his guts too.”

    Sookie sighed.

    “Tara, he came to see me before he did what he did. He still loves you and he’s so desperate to work things out, that he wanted to pretend to be my pet parrot and live here.”

    Tara squinted at Sookie in disbelief!

    “What?!” was all she could manage.

    Sookie nodded.

    “That’s right. I didn’t think it was right to let him come in spy like that.”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “And disguised as a parrot, there’s no telling what he could’ve done to my wedding dress! Oh damn, Sook! What am I going to do?”

    Alcide walked in just then, slamming the door behind him.

    “Tara, we have to go! We have to get married now.”

    Sookie stood up.

    “What’s going on?” she asked.

    “Ruby Jean left Russell. Tara, honey, I doubt very much he’s going to like letting his psychic go. She could be in danger.” Alcide warned.

    “Well, she’s psychic...I mean she’ll know he’s coming. What about LaFayette?” Tara asked.

    “Given up. He’s not trying to run. I think what Jesus pulled hurt him deeply.” Alcide guessed.

    “Okay, but why do we have to get married tonight? I can’t go anywhere smelling like this!”

    “Tara, it will go away--eventually. But we have to leave now. I found out that you’re what they call a fertile witch. You can create life from anything--even something dead.”

    Sookie gasped!

    “Alcide Herveaux! What are you saying? That Tara could get pregnant by a vampire?”

    Alcide nodded, his eyes now on Tara.

    “Tara, Russell and Eric are plannin’ on getting rid of Sam and me. And I think Eric has designs on you!”

    “Shit!” Tara turned and ran back upstairs! No one had to tell her shit twice! All that fucking she did with Eric in those dreams, was not about to happen in real life! She hurried to the closet, pulled out a suitcase, threw some clothing in real quick, grabbed her purse her hurried down the stairs!

    “Let’s go!” Tara yelled and Alcide opened the door.

    “Good luck!” Sookie yelled out fearfully. She then noted that the sun was beginning to look like it was going to set. Oh no, she thought.

                                                             ****

    Alcide and Tara did not make it to the Justice of the Peace in a timely manner.  They had been closed for two minutes when they arrived.

    “Sonofabitch!” Alcide bellowed, ignoring all of the passerbys. Some sniffed gently as they passed them and Tara knew it was because of  her.

    “Look, let’s just hide for the night. We can go someplace where we won’t be found and then get married in the morning. Eric’s blood is almost out of my system. Chances are he won’t find me. Let’s just find a place.” Tara said urgently. Alcide nodded, but was beginning to panic! Where the hell could Tara and him hide that Russell and Eric would never think to check? Where? Where?

    “We’ll go to my mama’s old house.” Tara said calmly. Alcide frowned.

    “Where is that?”

    “In the ghetto. Hell, even Eric and Russell ain’t crazy enough to come into the hood at night.” Tara guessed.

    “I don’t know, Tara. I mean it might work but if it doesn’t....I can’t fight them both off.”

    “But I can! I’ve learned some spells and some new tricks. Let’s go. It will be alright. I promise.”

    Alcide, against his better judgment, decided to go along with Tara to the old house that Lettie Mae Thornton used to live in. Surprisingly, it had been kept up rather nicely, despite the dead woman’s extreme unhappiness at the end of her life.

    Alcide turned on a light then closed a shade. Barking dogs could be heard, along with two gunshots. Maybe this would work. Tara walked over to the refrigerator and found nothing but cheese and butter inside.  There was a loaf of bread on the table. The least she could to was cook some grilled cheeses. They could drink water.

    Alcide sat down near a window and peered out, looking for any signs of trouble. Tara flipped one of the sandwiches on the stove. Neither said a word. Just as Tara turned off one of the burners, a noise from her old bedroom,  gave her a start!

    “That sounded like breaking glass.” Alcide muttered, then shifted into a wolf. Tara gasped! She didn’t know if she would ever get used to that! She slowly followed Alcide into her old room and found...

    Eric outside the window--alone. He raised a brow at the wolf and looked at Tara.

    “Please invite me in. The gang activity around here makes me uneasy.”

    “Fuck off! I know what you’re trying to pull on Alcide and me! You can just forget it. I would’ve give you a kid if my life depended on it.”

    Suddenly, two other wolves leaped in through the broken window and jumped on Alcide! Tara saw one of them had a pink collar and she realized that that had to be Debbie! Holy shit! She’d turned on Alcide!

    Tara screamed in a panic, forgetting all of her witch training! She couldn’t even think how to turn invisible, when she flung open the front door and ended up caught and locked in Eric Northman’s arms!

    “I personally have always liked skunks. They are one of God’s finest creatures.”

    “Let go of me!” Tara snapped, then remembered how to turn invisible. But Eric kept a tight hold on her anyway.

    “Don’t fight me or I will order those wolves to kill Alcide. Then after he is done for, I will kill your beloved shifter. Tell me you won’t fight me, kitten? Tell me!”

    Eric could hear some whimpering.

    “Fine! I won’t fight you! Fuck you!”

    “Hmmm. Yes. And you will show yourself again.”

    Slowly, Tara re-appeared.

    Eric smiled.

    “Good. Very good. I will tell the wolves to leave Herveaux alone, then we are headed to a night chapel, where your last name will change from Tara Thornton to Tara Northman...or Tara Thornton Northman. I understand these are more progressive times.”

    “ALCIDE!” Tara screamed in a panic. This could not be happening!

    “You will spare Alcide and Sam’s lives if you just stop all of that squirming! Now I want you to go back in and tell Herveaux what is going to happen.”

    But Tara did not move. She just glared up at him.

    “Tara?”

    “I’m not telling him shit! And I hate your guts.”

    “Fine.” Eric said drolly, “then invite me in so I can do it.”

    “Let go of me and I will.”

    Eric supposed she wasn’t going to run, with her two lovers lives at stake. He let go of her.

    “Invite me in.”

    “Come in.” Tara said in a fake, sweet voice.

    Eric walked into the house. Tara turned invisible and ran for her life! Eric, for the life of him, could not close in on her scent, which made him realize that this particular power of hers, would be most troublesome.

    “RUN TARA!” Alcide screamed, now back in his human form. He was being held by Debbie and Coot. Eric returned and smiled coldly at him.

    “Maybe this worked out for the best. Take him back to Russell’s. I’ll go and get the shifter. When Tara sees the both of you imprisoned and tortured, I’ll get what I want sooner rather than later.” Eric predicted.

Chapter 9 by PriscillaPal
Author's Notes:

There is a segment in this chapter, where in which Tara speaks a little Swedish. Unfortunately, i forgot some of the accents on the letters, so please excuse my ignorance.

    Tara, in her panic, was turning in and out of being invisible. It would cause much confusion on the dark streets in a poorly lit neighborhood. So much so, that the person that hit Tara with their car, didn’t see her(when she was invisible), then by the time they struck her and got out of the car, the driver had discovered that he had indeed hit a young woman.

    Tara would recover physically from her injuries. The doctors at St. Mercy’s noted that the young woman had nary a scratch on her.  But...well...

    Tara awoke thinking she was someone different entirely.

    Eric had ordered Debbie and Coot to take Alcide back to Russell’s to have him locked up. He had closed in on Tara once she had been hit by the car. He found her at the hospital and learned some disturbing news. News that would set him, Russell and Bill back, in terms of getting those rings.

    “My name is Eric Northman. My wife is here. She was hit by a car.”

    “Is she black?” the nurse asked.

    “She is.”

    “Well her I.D. says her name is Tara Thornton.”

    “It is.”

    “And she doesn’t have your same last name?”

    “No.”

    “Look, vamp, you’d better provide some proof that you’re married to that gal.”

    Eric rolled his eyes and began to glamour the nurse.

    “You believe that Tara is my fiancee and have been shown proof of this. You will now take me to her.”

    The nurse blinked--hard.

    “I’ll take you to your fiancee now, Mr. Northman.”

    “Thank you kindly.”

    When the nurse took her to where Tara was, a doctor stepped in.

    “Mr....”

    “Northman. Tara is my fiancee.”

    “Uh, yes.” he said, leading Eric away from Tara, who was sitting up and reading Glamour magazine. “There is a problem.”

    Eric looked over at Tara, then at the doctor.

    “I don’t see one. She looks fine.”

    “Physically, she is. But when she awoke, she told us her name was ‘Blair Waldorf’. And she gave us much attitude. Snotty attitude.”

    Eric stared at the doctor.

    “Who?”

    “I have no idea who this person is, myself. Her I.D. said her name was...”

    “Tara Thornton. And it is.” Eric said, pulling out his cellphone. “I will call some of her friends and see if I can find out what is going on.”

    Eric moved to a quiet hallway and called Sookie. Sookie answered after three rings.

    “What do you want?”

    “I need your help with regards to Tara.”

    “What do you mean?”

    “I mean that I know you probably tried to help her and Herveaux get away from me. Well that failed. Tara was hit by a car and apparently has lost her memory in some way. She thinks she’s someone named ‘Blair Waldorf’? Is this someone you both know?”

    “Holy shit!’ Sookie whispered.

    “So you do know her?”

    “Hell no, I don’t know her, Eric! She’s a tv character! ‘Gossip Girl’ is Tara’s favorite TV show. Hell, you’re so all fired to have a kid with her and you don’t even know that much about her? Sam knows that and...”

    Eric hung up. If Sookie Stackhouse wasn’t part fairy and if she didn’t belong to that no count Bill Compton, he doubted the woman would hold his interest. He then called Pam.

    “What do you know of a television show called ‘Gossip Girl’?”

    “It’s my favorite! I have the DVD sets.”

    Eric felt like groaning!

    “Who is Blair Waldorf?”

    “My favorite character!”

    That did not bode well, Eric thought.

    “What is she like?”

    “Why are you asking?”

    “Come over to St. Mercy’s hospital in Bon Temps. I’ll fill you in when you arrive.”

                                                             ****

    Pam could not stop laughing--hysterically. Eric patiently waited for her fit to cease before speaking.

    “You know, Tara being in her right mind benefits you as well. You would have a ring. One that would enable you to walk around in the sunlight.”

    “Yes, and that’s nice, pussycat. Truly. But it sounds as if you’re going to have to go along with this woman’s fantasy that she is this character. Now let me suggest some things: one, you are going to have to present yourself as royalty. A prince of sorts. And her wardrobe will probably need a reboot. Have you actually talked to her?”

    “No. Not as of yet. I wanted some background first.”

    Pam then gave him a funny look.

    “What is it?”

    “I can hear Sookie and the shifter. They are out in the parking lot. We don’t have much time.”

    Eric and Pam then walked to the area Tara was in. She glanced up from her magazine.

    “Yes?” she asked in a snotty tone. Eric raised a brow. Where was her southern accent?

    “Dear, you don’t remember your own fiancee? I am Prince Eric Northman from Sweden.”

    Tara smiled at him and said ‘hej’.

    Eric blinked. Had she just said hello to him in Swedish?

    He then asked her how she was--Hur mar du?

    Tara answered--Jag mar bra, tack.

    Eric looked at Pam, who looked just as puzzled. Tara spoke in English again. Snide sounding English.

    “Alright, so now that the Swedish lesson is over, tell me how I ended up in such a low brow hospital? And why don’t I remember you? Not that I doubt that I’m engaged to a prince, but still...and who is this?”

    “I’m your maid, Dorota.” Pam answered blithely. Eric glanced over at her with surprise.

    “Oh. You I do remember. Could you call Serena and let her know that I will not be able to make our shopping excursion?”

    Pam hesitated.

    “NOW DOROTA! I don’t pay you to stand around! GO!” Tara snapped.

    “Ta...Blair, Dorota is moving as fast as she can...” Eric began. Tara suddenly looked incensed!

    “Does it look like she is?! And darling, I do not need pointers on how to treat MY servants.”

    Eric took a deep breath, then looked at Pam.

    “I guess you’d better call ‘Serena’ and tell her that Blair will not be able to join her.”

    Pam snarled at Tara, then walked off. Tara sat straight up, then glared at Eric!

    “Eric! Why do you spoil her so? I can’t get her to do anything when you’re around!”

    “So you do remember something of our life together?” Eric asked carefully.

    “Well some if it is coming back to me! Now why are we in this neighborhood? More pointedly, why are we in the South?”

    Eric sat down on the edge of her bed and moved some hair away from her face.

    “We had decided to come here to get married. My father, who is King, disapproves of the match--because you are a commoner. I wanted to marry in secret and then announce ourselves to him.”

    Just as Tara was about to answer, Sookie and Sam appeared. Tara looked at them blankly, then turned her gaze to Eric.

    “Are they your servants?”

    Sam’s mouth dropped open and Sookie pulled him back a bit.

    “I told you that Blair Waldorf is kind of a stuck up bitch, not worthy of love or compassion.”

    “I’ve seen Tara watching the show, Sookie! I just never paid any attention. Blair is that brunette girl, right?”

    “Well, there’s a couple, but yeah. Blair Waldorf is the daughter of clothing designer Eleanor Waldorf.”

    “So Tara is going to be expecting to see her mother, right?”

    “Let’s hope not. It depends on how Eric has handled things.” Sookie said sourly. Sam didn’t like that comment at all. And where the hell was Alcide?

    Sookie and Sam approached Eric and ‘Blair’.

    “So...uh Blair, are you feeling okay?” Sookie asked. Tara gave her a look of death.

    “I’m feeling just fine!” Tara snapped rudely, imitating Sookie’s southern accent, then looked at Eric. “Where did you find such trash?”

    Sam pulled Sookie away from the duo!

    “I’m not about to put up with any lip from her, even if she does think she’s someone on TV. Now I’m not about to fool with her.  And I can see Eric thinks he’s going to just let her think she’s someone off of TV.” Sam told her.

    “He can’t afford to do that, Sam! I mean they need her to work on that spell. Let’s get over there and keep Eric from making things worse.” Sookie said, just as Eric was helping Tara down from the bed.

    “We’re leaving,” Eric said coolly, “we have to get to a night chapel.”

    “Hell no!” Sam snapped. “Tara, you’re not this Blair person and Eric here is a vampire. Now you’re comin’ with me.” he said reaching for her arm.  Tara moved so that she was behind Eric. Eric grinned at Sam and Sookie!

    “I’d hate to have to call security, glamour them into thinking you’re a true criminal and get you thrown out of here, shifter. My fiancee and I are leaving--now.”

    Tara frowned. What had Eric called this unkempt looking man? A shifter? And something about glamour?

    Sookie sighed and whispered to Sam.
   
    “Let them go. We’ll find Alcide and figure out what to do later. No harm will come to Tara since they need her.”

    Eric heard that but did not comment. He took Tara by the hand and walked over to the doctor that had seen to her. He didn’t want to release her, with her amnesia and all, but once Eric glamoured him, he signed Tara’s release papers, which Eric took into his possession and allowed them to walk out of the hospital.

    Sam was almost beside himself! This could not be happening! He looked at Sookie.

    “I am not letting Tara live with Northman alone. You know he’s going to be fucking her every chance he gets!”

    “What are you going to do?”

    “I think ‘Blair Waldorf’ could use a pet. Maybe a dog.” Sam said knowingly.

                                                         ****

    Tara did not like the ‘night chapel’! Was it really necessary to exchange vows in such a Las Vegas looking place?

    She asked Eric this but he did not answer. And the preacher did not address Eric by his title. Then again, maybe he didn’t know. Just from the looks of him, she’d guess that was a distinct possibility.

    Eric drove them back to a little palace that relaxed her a little. For the briefest moment, when she had exchanged vows, she had had the oddest feeling. As if this wasn’t her life as it should be. Why would she feel that way?

    She needed to talk to Serena. Or even her mother. Tara looked in her purse for her cellphone, just as Eric had turned off the engine of his sportscar.

    “What are you doing?”

    “I need to call Serena or mother and let them know that I’m married. By the way, you do plan on coming up with a proper ring? I’d hate for my mother to see me without one.”

    “Of course. In the morning. Let’s get settled in, alright?” he asked, getting out of the car, then walking around and pulling her door open. Tara reluctantly got out, feeling all the more ill at ease. Why? She was Blair Waldorf and she was about to marry her Swedish Prince.

    It was when she met Eric’s ‘father’, Russell, that she hid her panic! What the hell kind of Swedish accent did he have?  And some drag queen looking guy called her a hooker! What was this???

    Tara didn’t even want to know! She turned to head back towards the front door, wherever that was! Eric sighed, glaring at LaFayette, before catching up with Tara without using vampire speed.

    “Blair! Blair!” he said forcefully, grabbing Tara’s arm. LaFayette looked at Russell. Russell looked at Lafayette.

    “What did he call her?” Russell asked.

    “I think ‘Blair’. Who the hell is that?”

    “Blair,” Eric whispered, “go upstairs to the first room on the right. That’s ours.”

    “Why does your father sound like he was in ‘Deliverance’? And who is that other weirdo?”

    “I will explain when I come to you. Please, just do as I ask, alright?”

    Tara sighed. It wasn’t as if she had any other place to go. She nodded and headed towards the staircase, glowering at LaFayette. When she disappeared upstairs, Eric spoke.

    “She was hit by a car and lost her memory. She thinks she’s some character on a show called ‘Gossip Girl’.”

    Russell and LaFayette were speechless!

    “Who?” Russell finally asked.

    “Tara thinks her name is...” Eric began, but Russell suddenly grabbed his throat and slammed him against a wall!

    “Do I look like I give a fuck?! Do I? You have until tomorrow night to get me a ring or else! Are we clear?” Russell half snarled. LaFayette backed back a bit, clearly upset. But Eric kept his cool.

    “Of course, your majesty. I thought you were concerned with Tara’s other abilities? Her fertile ones?”

    Russell released his throat.

    “Not before my ring I’m not. I think I’ll check on Mr. Herveaux.” Russell replied, walking off. LaFayette shook his head.

    “You can’t fuck my cousin while she’s not in her right mind!”

    “When else would I be able to do it? She hates me when she’s in her ‘right’ mind.” Eric said dismissively then headed up the stairs. LaFayette knew he had to do something.  He waited until Eric cleared the stairs, then walked out to the pool house, where a witch’s spell book, that he had been practicing from, lay on a chaise. He was going to come up with a spell to get Tara the hell out of this!

                                                      ****

    Eric opened the door to the room he planned to share with Tara and found her nowhere around.

    But he did find a paperweight frozen in mid-air. That could only mean one thing...

    He swung around suddenly but found himself frozen! Tara, who had been invisible, was pleased by three things:

    One- her FABULOUS acting ability at the hospital! Her and Sookie had learned a little Swedish after watching an episode of ‘Gossip Girl’, where Blair Waldorf spoke it briefly. Then they got bored with it and quit learning.

    Two- The fact that she knew how to turn completely invisible without taking off all of her clothes.

    Three- That this kick ass power of hers, that didn’t always work when she needed it, worked now!

    Tara hurried around Eric, knowing the freeze wouldn’t work forever, and ran out into the hall, down the stairs and towards the practice room that she and Eric worked in. Tara knew that confinement cells were down there as well, and she was sure Alcide was down there someplace.

    But when she got to the elevator that lead to where she wanted to go, Eric zipped in quickly and firmly closed and locked the elevator doors! Tara was about to freeze him again when he began to talk.

    He had decided to glamour her, since time was running out. Russell was impatient with all of them. Eric hated, personally, the idea of having to use this trick, since most women usually liked him.

    “Tara,” he began in a soft voice, “I want you to take off all of your clothes. I’m going to take off all of mine, then you are going to make love to me as if you have always wanted me--more than you ever have Sam Merlotte or Alcide Herveaux. Once it is over, we will put our clothes back on and you will believe that I am still frozen.”

    Tara just looked as if she were in a trance for a moment, before she began removing her clothing. Eric did as well, surprised at how eager he was to find out how being with Tara in this elevator, would compare to being with her in her dreams. He ended up undressing first and struggled to keep his patience as Tara seemed to take more time with her own clothing. He held his hard on clenched within his fist, as he waited for her.

    When Tara dropped her last piece of clothing onto the elevator floor, she walked up to him, cupped his face within her hands and kissed him softly at first. But soon, one kiss blended into another, and Eric wrapped his arms around her and pulled her down to he floor with him. He sank to his knees and Tara slowly slid her body down onto his cock, her knees now tracing his on the elevator floor.

    Eric’s lips sought hers again briefly, before Tara arched her back and pinned her hands on his shoulders, seating herself comfortable upon his member before beginning a love rhythm of small, circular motions that soon increased with speed.

    Meanwhile, Russell had finished bragging to Alcide in his cell, that they would soon have a proper demon child AND the rings. He hit the elevator button and soon realized the doors were locked. He could hear something--the sounds of fierce, hot rutting! Goddamn! Was that Mr. Northman and the witch? Already? And Northman was saying something guttural in swedish!

    He suddenly wanted to join them, sick vampire fuck that he was. Russell licked his fingers. He could actually HEAR Northman’s balls emptying themselves into the witch. He closed his eyes. Damnit to hell! It was at times like this that he missed Jesus...WHERE was LaFayette anyway? His men were out looking for Ruby Jean, but during this small window of time, he thought it would be prudent to introduce his step-son to what Jesus was now missing--the poor dead bastard.

    Eric pressed his face against Tara’s one last time, as he squeezed her body. If Tara only knew how much he adored being with her in those dreams, and how he dreaded the fact that she would not remember this encounter. He stayed inside of her, almost clutching her to him, just to enjoy the feel of being inside of her for an extra 30 seconds, before struggling to disengage himself from her.

    Tara stood up and began putting on her clothes. Eric hurriedly put on his, then positioned himself as if he was frozen. Tara blinked hard, then waved a hand in front of his face.

    “Thank the damned Lord! Now let me get out of here!” Tara muttered, feeling suddenly light headed and...hot and sticky. It was the elevator. Not a lot of air circulated in here, she guessed. Yeah, that was it.

    She managed to unlock the elevator doors and open them. Russell had hightailed it to other parts, so when the doors did open, Tara saw no one. She hurried to the cells and found Alcide!

    “Alcide, I’m going to say a spell that will get you out of there!”

    Alcide rushed to the bars.

    “You alright? They didn’t hurt you?”

    “Naw! I faked amnesia and froze Eric when he tried to put the moves on me. We’re good.”

    Alcide frowned slightly.

    “I can smell him on you.”

    “Yeah, well we were locked in an elevator together! While I was trying to figure out how to get the doors open, I had to keep re-freezing him.” Tara said. Yeah, that was what happened.

    Alcide seemed to buy that. He nodded, as if that made sense, but also looked around.

    “Where is Russell now?”

    Tara shrugged as she stood back and muttered a phrase in latin. The bars bent and opened wide! Alcide stepped out, picked her up in a bear hug and swung her around!

    “You did it! But I can’t help thinking this was a trap!”

    “I have kick ass powers! We can get through any trap they set up! Let’s get out of here!” Tara yelled and the two of them ran for the elevator.

    Eric was gone.

    “I’m surprised he didn’t find us.” Tara said, looking around. Alcide walked over to a gray, steel, emergency door.

    “Forget it! Let’s just haul ass! We can survive this night and get married in the morning.” he said, pulling her to him for a quick kiss, before pulling Tara out of the door and into the night. In the back of her mind, she thought she should’ve grabbed LaFayette as well, but maybe she could get to him later.

     Eric walked into a den and poured himself a drink, just as Russell joined him.

    “My step-son isn’t impressed with the size of my cock--yet. Oh well. He will be soon enough.”

    Eric turned to look at Russell.

    “It is done.”

    “So I  heard. And in the elevator, no less. How long until we know?”

    “I don’t know,” Eric admitted, “hopefully not as long as it would take a woman to find out she had been impregnated by a human man.”

    Suddenly, the door to the den opened and Ruby Jean entered, throwing her suitcase down to the floor. She glared at Eric.

    “I’m back. From what I just saw in my vision, Tara is going to need me.” she said. She then glared at Russell.

    “Stay the hell away from my son!” she snapped, before turning and skulking off. Eric grinned! He now had all the proof he needed, that Tara was already carrying his child.

Chapter 10 by PriscillaPal

   Things moved very quickly for Tara, after she married Alcide Herveaux, in front of a Justice of the Peace, two days later after that ‘incident’ at the Edgington estate.

    First, Sookie and Bill threw them both a reception at Sookie’s place, a week after the ceremony. Next, Alcide found them a nice, but temporary, home to live in, until another wolf community could be formed(to be honest, Tara could give a fuck about living in a ‘wolf community’ but kept her mouth shut on the matter). Third, even though the next full moon was next month, Tara and Alcide did plenty of fucking in between.

    Oh...and Sam had had the goddamned nerve to not only show up at Tara’s wedding reception, but he brought a date! Some shifter bitch who liked to change into a horse and go running with Sam! Tara thought the heifer said she was a teacher or something...

    At that moment it was the afternoon of the night she and LaFayette, were going to spell the rings that were going to be given to Russell, Eric, Bill, Pam and Jessica.  Tara didn’t mind Jessica, but none of the others deserved to walk out into the sunlight, as far as she was concerned.

    She was at a fancy dress store with Sookie, who would be at the ring ceremony as well. Sookie’s happiness was the only thing that was keeping her from vomiting at the thought, of empowering any vampire to walk around in the sun.

    “What do you think?” Sookie asked, holding up an emerald, strapless number.

    “I don’t think green is your color.”

    “I was thinking for you.” Sookie said, setting aside the dress. “Tara, your mind is not on dress shopping! Tonight is an important event.”

    “To you, Sook. Not me.”

    Sookie peered at her.

    “That isn’t what’s bothering you. You’ve been in a bad mood ever since your reception.”

    Tara said nothing.

    “Sam’s new girfriend’s name is Luna.” Sookie said knowingly.

    “The fuck do I care!”

    “Oh my God, Tara! You’re the one that chose not to forgive Sam! Now you’ve married Alcide and you’re pissed off! Does Alcide know?”

    “That I’m pissed off? No. I can’t be mad at Alcide anyway,” Tara sighed, “I mean he’s either sucking on one of my tits or feeling them up. And that’s when he’s not fucking me to west hell and back.”

    “Well if it’s too much...”

    “Oh, I’m not complaining!” Tara coughed. “But I just wonder why a pregnancy would only take on a full moon? The way we’ve been going at it, I wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant already!”

    Sookie touched her hand.

    “Then let Sam go.”

    “Sookie, I just didn’t appreciate him throwing this woman in my face! And then they shifted into horses, knowing I was watching from a window! It was like Sam was throwing it in my face that I had a hard time with his shifting.”

    “I think he just couldn’t understand you giving a wolf a chance and not him.”

    Tara shrugged.

    “It wasn’t just the shifting. And Sam always seemed to forget that. And it sounds like you have too.”

    “I haven’t forgotten that he was a spy, Tara. But I don’t think he meant any harm to come to any of us.”

    “Well a lot of harm came to Alcide’s people. Look, you’re right. I just have to learn to let this go.”Tara said, taking the dress from her. It was kind of cute. Maybe with her hair up and the right type of jewelry, it would be the perfect thing to wear to tonight’s ring ceremony.

                                                          ****

    Sookie had driven on their shopping trip, so Tara waved to her then went inside her home, ran upstairs and just barely made it in time to puke into the toilet! That little pregnancy quip she had made at the dress shop was not off the cuff. What was wrong with her? It couldn’t be nerves, could it? She’d been unwell since yesterday.

    It was nerves. Had to be. Yeah, that’s exactly what it was! And what was probably getting on her last one, was the idea of helping Russell, Eric or any vampire, run loose during the day. If there was anyway out of this, Tara would take it.

    Meanwhile, Luna watched Tara’s house with a pair of binoculars from her car. Sam was sitting next to her. Sam, unfortunately, was even more knee deep into the government. Luna and Sam were now ‘Spy Shifters’.

    Sam would’ve never agreed to it, if he hadn’t been convinced that Alcide Herveaux had somehow involved Tara in that FoxPoint Bay Massacre.  And the only reason Tara had up and married Herveaux, was because she was still pissed off at him.

    Luna lowered her binoculars and glanced over at Sam.

    “Are you going to be able to do this?” she asked.

    “We don’t have any choice. Tara can’t allow vamps to be walking around during the day. Let’s just get this over with.” he said, taking out his stun gun. Luna pulled out a real one.

    “What the fuck do you plan to do with that?” Sam asked, eyeing the weapon.

    “Your precious Tara is a witch! She could do anything to us! I can’t take the chance.”

    “The stun gun will work, trust me.”

    “I do, Sam. But in case you let emotions rule instead of common sense...”

    Sam got out the car. He was wearing a suit. Luna followed. She was also wearing a pantsuit. They hurried across the street and over to the Herveaux home. They knew that Tara wouldn’t open the door to the both of them, considering how badly she treated them at her wedding reception. Sam looked around, then eased around the side of the house towards some terrace doors. Luna jiggled the front door lock a bit, then moved around to a window.

    Inside, Tara, who had now finished puking, was about to lay down on the bed to rest, when a noise from below made her sit up! Was Alcide home? It was early and she knew he had said something about a big concrete job or something...

    Tara slowly stood up and listened. No. Someone was in this damned house and their feet didn’t sound like Alcide’s! She walked out of the bedroom, down the hallway and got to the landing when...

    That damned horse woman that Sam was dating, was hurrying up the stairs carrying a gun! Tara froze her, then slowly began walking around her, down the stairs, just as another sound from the dining room got her attention! What the hell was Sam’s fuck buddy doing in her house???

    Sam suddenly appeared.

    “Sam? What is this horse whore doing here? What’s going on and what is that in your hand?”

    Sam slowly revealed the stun gun.

    “Tara, I can’t let you make rings for vamps. You know it’s not right.”

    Tara peered at him, then looked up and behind her at horse whore. She then turned back to him.

    “She was coming to stop me too?”

    “We both work for the government.”

    “Damn, Sam! You’re still a government stooge?! Get out of here before you get hurt, you hear me? Get out!”

    Sam made a move towards her and Tara froze him as well! Damn! She had to get out of here and find Alcide! They were probably all in danger of getting picked up before tonight!

    Tara hurried past Sam and whipped open the door, only to find herself face to face with a man that looked eerily like Franklin Mott! Tara screamed and tried to slam the door, but Special Agent James Mott, threw his weight against it, flinging Tara backwards! She got up to run, but Agent Mott used his own stun gun against the side of her neck. Soon, she was limp.

    Luna and Sam came out of their freezes and saw that Special Agent Mott had Tara.

    “Somehow I knew you two wouldn’t be able to handle her,” Mott said wryly. “I’m taking her back to headquarters. The werewolf is still at work for couple of more hours. You know what to do?” Mott asked Luna, who shifted into Tara. Sam gave her an uneasy look. but said nothing.

    “Good. When you say the spell with LaFayette Reynolds, it won’t work. You’ll be long gone before the sun comes up again and Edgington, Northman and any other vamps Mrs. Herveaux was going to do this for, discovers how badly they’ve been duped.” Agent Mott revealed, reaching down to pick Tara up.

    But Sam moved between them.
   
    “I’ll pick her up. Let’s just get this whole thing over with.” Sam said stoutly, picking Tara up and carrying her out of the house. Luna folded her arms.

    “You know why he didn’t want you touching her, right?” Luna asked.

    “I know,” Special Agent Mott said, “but I have no intention of allowing any trauma Mrs. Herveaux may have had, at the hands of some long distant, vamp relative of mine, to get in my way in getting answers out of her. While your posing as Tara this evening, I’ll be interrogating her myself.”

                                                           ****

    Alcide didn’t know what to think when he got home.

    ‘Tara’ had fixed him a nice dinner. Tara could cook well enough, but not this well.

    Tara smelled different too. He couldn’t quite grasp what he was seeing and feeling.

    He decided there was just one way to find out. As Tara was putting on a green, evening dress, Alcide came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

    “We’ve got a little time before we head over to Russell’s.” he murmured, kissing the back of her neck.

    “Alcide, I don’t want to mess up this dress.”

    “You won’t be wearing the dress, darlin’, so you won’t mess it up.” Alcide panted, unzipping the garment and letting it drop to the floor.

    TEN MINUTES LATER

    Luna could not believe she had been forced to fuck this werewolf before the mission was over! Hell, it wasn’t as if she hadn’t been with any before, her ex was one. But still, it felt like prostitution or something. And she sure as hell didn’t want Sam to know! She actually kind of liked him. If only he could get over Tara.

    The clicking of a gun suddenly brought her into there here and now! She had been lying there on the bed and Alcide had SAID he was going to take a shower. Now here he was back, pointing a gun down at her! Whoever the fuck this was, her fucking skills were subpar compared to Tara’s!

    “Who are you, bitch?” Alcide asked coolly. “I know you’re a shifter of sorts.”

    Luna shifted back into herself and Alcide raised a brow.

    “Where do I know you from?”

    Luna got up off the bed, naked, her hands up.

    “I was at your wedding reception. I came with Sam Merlotte. Look...”

    “What the hell are you doing here?! Where is my wife?”

    “I work for the government. And with Sam Merlotte. This vamp ring ceremony isn’t going down tonight.”

    “You think I like this shit?! Tara doesn’t have a choice! And...” he suddenly stopped talking. He could now tell what the plan was supposed to be. And it just made him his cock his gun at her.

    “What the fuck was going to happen to Tara, when Edgington and Northman realized those rings didn’t work? She’d have been killed!”

    “Tara is in a detention center now! She’d be safe!”

    “Tara is in a detention center NOW?!”

    “Yes,” Luna bit out, “but it’s for her own protection. Russell Edgington and Eric Northman will be killed once they try and use the rings.”

    “Are you for fucking real?! All they’ll have to do is run back inside for cover someplace!”

    Luna took a deep breath.

    “That’s where maybe you can help.”

    “Nope!” Alcide snapped, grabbing Luna’s hair, “What I’m going to do is take you to Edgington and tell him we have a problem!”

    Suddenly, Luna shifted into a kangaroo and kicked Alcide in the stomach, causing him to lurch back in pain! Luna then hopped at a rapid rate out of the room, down the stairs and the hell out of the house! The mission was fucked up now and she had to let Special Agent Mott and Sam know about it!

    Meanwhile, Alcide struggled to pull his phone out of his pocket, while wishing that his healing would speed up! Ruby Jean answered.

    “You alright?” Ruby Jean asked.

    “You knew I was hurt?”

    “I had a vision of some kind of camel or something...”

    “It was a fucking kangaroo, Ruby Jean! Don’t you never watch National Geographic?”

    “I was crazy for years! When the hell would I have had time to watch that! What’s happened?”

    “The government has Tara, no thanks to Merlotte and some shifter bitch he’s been fucking! One of the shifters changed into Tara with the intention of chanting a spell she knew wouldn’t work.”

    “Lord...I sure as hell don’t want to tell Russell this shit when he wakes up.”

    “What choice do we have?”

    Ruby Jean knew that she was at a crossroads. A life changing moment. She looked around before speaking.

    “Alcide, this is a hell of a thing to have to tell someone on the phone, but, well, I think Tara is pregnant now.”

    Alcide felt the pain decrease slightly and he was able to stand.

    “What do you mean? How would you know?”

    “I had a vision. That day I tried to leave Russell. Tara was pregnant. But not by you.”

    “What?! That ain’t possible. If she’s pregnant now, then that will just mean that the baby will have more witch qualities than wolf ones. We’ll try again on the next full...”

    “Listen to me, werewolf! That Viking blood sucker glamoured Tara the night she came here to rescue you! Glamoured her into a sexual act that the poor child doesn’t even remember. That baby is HIS! So what I’m saying is this: go and get that shifter and have her be Tara tonight. When Russell and Eric try and use those rings, we think of a way to keep them outside in the sun, so they burn up for good. Otherwise you all will NEVER be rid of those two!”

    Alcide heard none of that.

    “That baby could be Merlotte’s. Or it could still be mine. Hell, RubyJean, you didn’t even know that I was attacked by a kangaroo! You didn’t know what you were seein’! And I suspected something was off the moment I stepped into this house. Edgington and Northman are definitely going to know it. Our best bet is to get Tara the hell out of that detention center!”

    And with that, Alcide hung up. He was going to be waiting for Bill Compton when he awoke. He would need serious supernatural help to get Tara out of a governmental detention center.

    He didn’t want to think about what Ruby Jean had told him. Because if he did think about it, Alcide would have to come to terms with the fact that Eric Northman broke his part of their pact when he put his hands on Tara.

                                                           ****

    Tara awoke in a room sitting in a chair. The chair was the only thing in the room, Tara noted as she began looking around. The door opened and Sam walked in, closing the door behind him. Tara scowled at him!

    “Where am I?”

    “You’re at a government facility. Tara, honey, we couldn’t have you helping vamps walk around during the day. You didn’t really want to help them, either, did you?”

    Tara stood up from the chair, her legs feeling shaky.

    “My life is none of your business anymore, Sam Merlotte! I can’t believe you were going to help these people do God knows what to me!”

    “I ain’t about to let anyone do anything, Tara! We can get you out of this fake marriage to Herveaux and then you can start living your life right. WE can start living our life, right!”

    Tara just shook her head, as the door opened again, and Special Agent James Mott walked in. Sam turned to Tara.

    “He’s a distant relative of Franklin Mott’s. He’s not him.” Sam said in a low, reassuring voice. He then turned to Mott.

    “I’ll stay with her.”

    “Actually, you won’t.” James said in a clipped tone. “I will be interrogating the prisoner myself.”

    “Tara ain’t no prisoner!”

    Tara stared at Sam.

    “I am, Sam. And in a way, so are you. This is why I never wanted to get involved with this shit.” Tara said in a low voice. “Just go.”

    Sam gave Tara a last lingering glance, and Mott a warning one, before he left the room, closing the door behind him. James indicated the lone chair and Tara sat down in it, creeped out beyond recognition by the face of the man that had brutally terrorized her.

    “Just so you know, that taser had a special drug in it. You won’t be able to use your powers for about two hours. Which is all the time I will need. Now, Mrs. Herveaux, I want to go back aways. Back to the last time you saw a distant relative of mine. One Franklin Mott.”

    Tara peered at him. She had the odd feeling, that she was NOT here because of any vamp plans to walk into the sun. But she prayed she was wrong. After all, Franklin had had nothing to do with any of that. Had he?

    “What about it?”

    “The last time you saw him, if you please?”

    Tara shrugged.

    “The last time I saw him, was when I brained him and got away from his raping ass!” Tara snapped. She was not about to tell this fucker that Jason Stackhouse had killed him, essentially saving her life.

    James had a response for her as well.

    He backhanded her across the face!

    “Now, Mrs. Herveaux, you can answer more nicely than that. Because you see, I have it on good authority, that my relative was killed. And you see, he left a sizable estate. I would like to retire while I’m still relatively young. I can’t do that if I don’t know for sure that Franklin Mott is dead.”

    Tara began scooting backwards in the chair! Holy shit! She had been right! This wasn’t about Russell, Eric or any damned rings! Her nightmare was coming back to haunt her!

    “Well?” James asked, now taking off his suit coat and letting it drop to the floor. “Are you going to tell me what I need to know?”

    “Fuck off!”

    James began rolling up his shirt sleeves.

    “This is going to be a long two hours, Mrs. Herveaux.”

    “SAM!”  Tara screamed and jumped up to run around James and to the door! But James put her in a headlock and dragged her back to the center of the room.

    “Did you see my cousin AFTER you escaped from Russell Edgington’s estate?”

    “NO!” Tara screamed.

    James shoved her back in the chair and took time to punch her in the face, the blow forcing her from the chair and down onto the floor.

    “Let’s try this again before I begin kicking you. Did you see my cousin AFTER you escaped the Edgington estate?”

    All Tara could think about was all of the times Jason had protected her from her abusive mother. She owed him.

    “No.” she said weakly, then closed her eyes as she felt the next blow.

                                                               ****

    It was Eric that awoke and felt Tara’s anguish. He flew to the facility, where several guards perished in his quest to find Tara. When he did, he found someone who looked oddly familiar, KICKING THE MOTHER OF HIS UNBORN CHILD!!!!

    Eric savagely bit into James’s neck before he could even think to react! He bit so deeply that his head came flying off and flew across the room. Eric then reached down to gently  pick Tara up.

    Tara coughed and opened one blackened eye.

    “Eric?” she asked weakly. “Eric...this....dream...I’m not up to sex right now...”

    “Shhh, kitten. Do not move. It is not a dream.”

    Tara began to cry. She couldn’t help it. And the harder she cried the more she hurt.

    “Sam...why did Sam let this happen? Sam!”

    “Shhhh!” Eric hushed her, before carrying her out of the room. Sam showed up, looking sick.

    “What the fuck?! What...”

    Eric gave him a hard look.

    “Are you responsible for what that animal did?”

    “NO! I...”

    “She is carrying my child. If anything happens, your life will cease to exist. Are we clear?”

    “What?!” was all Sam could think to say, as Eric and Tara disappeared in a blur.  Tara was pregnant with Northman’s baby? What kind of bullshit was that? He was lying! He had to be!

    Sam put Eric out of his mind as he crept into the interrogation room and saw the remains of Special Agent James Mott. Oh Lord! He had hurt Tara! Oh Lord...she would never forgive him. Never.

                                                                    ****

    Eric ignored Ruby Jean’s cries and LaFayette’s questions, as he carried Tara up to a guest room on the Edgington estate.

    Russell was livid by the now obvious delay that had been caused! He ordered two wolves to find Sam Merlotte and that other shifter, Luna, to have them killed. He then went back to sipping his drink. Mr. Northman would give the girl some of his blood and they could get on with the ceremony.

    Meanwhile, Tara found that her split lip was wedged helplessly against Eric’s wrist. Slowly, she began to heal. Eric smiled as he stared at her.

    “Could your werewolf do this for you?”

    Tara said nothing but began to cry again.

    “Now, now. It is over. That fiend is dead. Why did you not use your powers on him?”

    “He...he said they wouldn’t work. He tasered me with some kind of drug that would wear off in a few hours. Or so he said.”

    “Are you up to performing the ceremony?” Eric asked.

    Tara looked at him.

    “Thanks for saving me, though I know it was only so I could perform the spell.”

    Eric said nothing to that. He reached down and touched her stomach.

    “There is life there. I can still feel it.”

    Tara blinked.

    “What are you talking about?”

    Eric stood up.

    “Your shifter will die for this. You understand that?”

    “I don’t think Sam knew that it would go that far...”

    “He should have.” was Eric’s answer. “I will leave you to finish healing.”

    Eric turned and walked towards the door. He was just closing it after him, when Alcide appeared.

    “Is she in there?”

    “Yes.” Eric answered and began to walk off, but Alcide blocked his way.

    “Did you fuck my wife, Northman?”

    Eric stared at him hard. Tara was not up to anymore surprises this evening.

    “No. You know that Tara despises me. If you will excuse me, I must dress for the ceremony.”

    Alcide watched him walk off. RubyJean had been wrong. Besides, Northman was the jeering type. If he had had sex with Tara and gotten her pregnant, he would be up in his face bragging about it.

    He touched her doorknob then stopped himself. He would see Tara after he joined the other wolves in the hunt for Sam and Luna. He planned to kill Merlotte himself.

Chapter 11 by PriscillaPal

    Sookie, Bill and Jessica arrived at 7:30. The ring ceremony was at 8:00 p.m..

    Ruby Jean had been hitting the bottle hard. This shit was just terrible! Why did she agree to marry that vampire bastard, Russell? Why?

    Oh yeah. He got her out of the looney bin and made her realize her witch powers. She probably could do more than see the future, but her drinking kind of interfered with that.

    Meanwhile, LaFayette had slipped out and gotten another dress for Tara. This one was fuschia. He noticed that the vampire blood had worked wonders.

    “Hookah, you look a thousand times better than when Eric carried your ass up in here.”

    “Yeah.” was all Tara said to that.

    “So...you gonna fill me in on what happened?”

    Tara set the dress down.

    “How about you fill me in on what happens after we do this? Are we through with Russell and Eric? Are you going to still be living up in here?”

    “It’s a mansion! Hell yeah, I’m going to be living here!

    Tara gave him a look.

    “Why?” she finally asked.

    “Because I can’t leave my mama with a vampire.”

    “She’s a grown woman. I’m sure she’ll survive.” Tara said.

    “Can we not talk about this shit? How did you end up beat up? Russell sent some wolves out to kill Sam and that horse bitch that showed up at your wedding reception. I like Sam, but damn, if he had anything to do with this...”

    “Sam is going to be killed?” Tara asked in a hollow voice. LaFayette raised a brow.

    “That bothers you? He left you in the hands of some government stooge to work you over!”

    Tara turned away, just as Sookie knocked quickly once, then walked into the room.

    “Are you alright? Russell said there was a problem before, but he’s not sayin’ what it was....I thought we agreed you’d wear the green dress? What’s going on?”

    “Horse whore wore it, posing as her!” LaFayette revealed. Sookie looked from him to Tara.

    “I don’t understand. Luna wore your dress? How?”

    “Alcide told LaFayette she shifted into me! What kind of shifter can do that? Anyway, Alcide said he was suspicious of her and when he pulled a gun on her, she shifted into her old, horse ass self!” Tara snorted.

    “Alcide could probably smell that it wasn’t you.” Sookie guessed.  Tara nodded reluctantly.

    “Where is Alcide anyway? He hasn’t been in to see me.” Tara noted. Lafayette coughed loudly.

    “What do you know?” Tara and Sookie asked in unison.

    “I know that Alcide left with some other wolves to kill Sam. And before either of you say anything, Sam was wrong on that shit. Dead wrong.” LaFayette stated. Sookie turned to Tara.

    “Tell  me what’s going on! What happened?”

    Tara licked her lips, then spoke.

    “I know that Luna changed into me, because LaFayette told me that. All I remember is freezing her and Sam, who broke into my house. Before I could run off, someone that turned out to be a relative of Franklin Mott’s, used a stun gun on me. And the weapon kept me from using my powers--though now I think the fucker was full of shit about that! I was just so freaked out at seeing someone that looked so much like Franklin, I panicked.”

    “What happened after he tasered you?” Sookie asked. She had a bad feeling she was going to hear something she didn’t like.

    Tara took a deep breath.

    “First person I saw was Sam. He told me that the man that had tasered me was not Franklin but some relative. Then the fucker walked in...i don’t even remember if he introduced himself...I was just so shocked. But Sam had wanted to stay with me and the creep told him to leave.”

    “And Sam’s ass left?” Lafayette snorted.

    “I honestly don’t think if he had known what he would do...” Tara trailed off and Sookie looked alarmed.

    “Tara Mae Thornton Herveaux! What did he do to you?”

    “Eric Northman carried her up in here beat up, that’s what he did!” LaFayette huffed.

    “And Sam didn’t hear any of this?!” Sookie asked in disbelief. 

    “I don’t know...I don’t remember much except for Eric being there and then coming here.” Tara admitted. Sookie raised a brow.

    “Uh Tara, just how much of Eric’s blood is in you? He saved you because he sensed where you were.”

    “The hell if I know! I think he spiked my gatorade when I was training with him.”

    “Does Alcide know?”

    Tara looked from Sookie to LaFayette.

    “What could he do about it if he did? What does any of that matter anyway? Look, I appreciate you guys coming up to be with me. But Lafayette, we have a spell to perform. Sookie, you should be with Bill and Jessica. I’m alright. Really.”

    LaFayette smiled wanly at her. They had been through so much, since the two of them had found out they were witches. He had lost Jesus and Tara had been forced to marry, breed wolf babies and all kinds of crazy shit! Would either of them ever be happy?

    Sookie took LaFayette’s arm and they left the room. Tara watched the door close, then pulled out her cellphone and called her husband’s cell.

                                                          ****

    Alcide answered Tara’s call, just as Debbie, Coot and two three other wolves, were watching Sam Merlotte’s trailer burn to the ground. Sam was not there, unfortunately.

    “Hey.” was all Alcide said.

    “Where are you?” Tara asked.

    “Out looking for Merlotte.”

    “Alcide, let’s just get this ceremony over with, go home and live our lives, okay?”

    “Is this your way of asking me not to kill Merlotte?”

    “He didn’t know. I know that in my heart.”

    “Well I don’t know it, Tara! And either way, the man is trouble, throwing in with the authorities to bring us down. Russell ordered this, so there ain’t much to be done about it.”

    Suddenly, Arlene and Terry Bellefleur came running out of their own home, screaming and crying! A few other residents gathered and a sound of siren could be heard in the background.

    Tara could hear it too.

    “What is that?”

    “Look,” Alcide said, not answering her, “I know that giving him up wasn’t easy. I saw how much it hurt you when he brought that woman to our reception. But Russell won’t let this stand and I sure as fuck am not about to. And I’m speaking as your husband.”

    “Alcide, why am I hearing Arlene Bellefleur yapping in the background?! Where are you?”

    “Sam’s trailer burned down. And don’t ask me any fool questions about how it happened. My point is you need to accept the fact that he’s no longer a part of your life.”

    “This isn’t about that!” Tara said, sitting down slowly on the bed. “Alcide, if you kill him...I don’t know how things will be between us.”

    “Things between us will be just fine. You’ll get used to his being gone. I have to go.” Alcide said curtly, hanging up. He tried not to show how unhappy he was with the fact that Tara was clearly hung up on that fucker Merlotte! And after he had let that bastard almost kill her!

    A car screeched to a halt. Sam and Tommy got out and Arlene and Terry ran over to them!

    “Oh my God, Sam!” Arlene screeched. “The fire truck is on it’s way!”

    Sam and Tommy looked at one another, then over at Alcide and the other wolves.

    “Arlene,” Sam said slowly, “Tommy and I have some business to take care of. We’ll be right back.”

    “Business?! What the fuck?! What other business is there to take care of when your goddamned trailer is burning to the ground???”

    Alcide, Debbie, Coot and the other wolves, walked up to them.

    “Let’s take this into the woods, fuckers!” Tommy snapped. Arlene stepped out of the way. Uh oh...did these people burn down Sam’s trailer? Oh shit...she decided Terry needed to know about this...

    As Arlene eased away, Alcide walked up to Sam and Tommy, with the other wolves behind him. Sam nodded at Debbie, who nodded back, with regret.

    “How’s Tara?” Sam asked.

    “You don’t get to know how my wife is. Now let’s get to the woods. You wouldn’t want all your nice neighbors to see you die. You can tell your runt brother to run...unless he wants to die too.”

    “I ain’t the one that’s going to be dying.” Tommy said matter-of-factly. Sam was only focused on Alcide.

    “See, I don’t think there is any ‘apocalypse’ comin’. I think once Edgington, Northman and whatever other fucking vampires that are a part of this scam, are done trickin’ Tara and Lafayette into allowing them to walk around during the day, they won’t have any use for them. I know some shit too, Herveaux. Tara and LaFayette can just as easily take away those abilities, and you know damned well Edgington and Northman won’t want that.” Sam said knowingly.

    “Let’s get to the woods.” Alcide repeated. Sam and Tommy lead the way until they found a nice spot near a stream.

    Coot grinned!

    “Dyin’ near a stream. How nice!” he growled, as he, Debbie, Alcide and the other wolves, shifted.

    Sam and Tommy looked at one another and shifted as well.

    Into very large elephants.

    Debbie and Coot didn’t stand a chance as they were crushed by the combined hooves of Sam and Tommy! Tommy kicked two of the wolves and they went flying back into trees! Alcide and the few that were left, shifted back into human form, grabbed all of the clothes they could and ran back to their vehicles.

    Terry, Arlene and many in the community, were treated to the sight of naked men running for vehicles, jumping into them and then speeding off into the night. A few neighbors got license plate numbers with their cellphones.

                                                           ****

    The ceremony itself sort of went off without a hitch. Except that Russell made Tara and LaFayette do it twice, since they both fucked up some of the Latin in the spell.

    They would know tomorrow if the rings, that Sookie slipped onto Russell, Bill, Eric and Jessica’s fingers, worked. They would also have to reverse when they slept, slowly, so that they didn’t get the bleeds.

    There were refreshments but Tara felt sick--literally! What would Alcide say when he did finally come back here? Would he admit to killing Sam? Why didn’t she just leave this place and find Sam so she could help him?

    Because she’d made a vow. A vow to Alcide and now she really owed Eric. That Franklin look alike would’ve killed her.

    LaFayette and Jessica were talking and admiring her new ring, while Bill and Sookie were looking kind of happy, near a plate of some kind of sandwiches. Russell snatched a drink out of Aunt Ruby Jean’s hand and Eric was busy watching Tara, something Tara herself, did her best to ignore. Now that she was feeling better, she also did not know how to feel about Eric.

    Alcide walked in, motioned to Russell, who nodded to Eric, and the three men went off someplace in private. Tara began to follow, when Bill stopped her.

    “Maybe it would be best if you let that be.”

    Tara was about to say something not-so-nice back, when the room began spinning and she passed out.

                                                               ****

    Russell brought a special doctor in. Aunt Ruby Jean knew what was going on, but didn’t feel like giving out any bad news. She knew the special doctor that was looking over Tara, would reveal a pregnancy. A most fucked up one at that.

    Sookie sat in a chair outside of Tara’s room, while Alcide calmly stood against a wall. Bill rounded a corner, motioned to Sookie and the two of them went back around the corner.

    “Bill? What’s going on? You know something, don’t you?”

    Bill took a deep breath. Sookie would not be pleased.

    “Russell and Eric think that Tara is pregnant--with Eric’s child. Apparently, Tara is a fertile witch. It is rare, but she can actually conceive children with vampires. Eric took advantage of Tara by glamouring her one night. He believes this child could be his and he AND Russell, have plans for it.”

    Sookie glanced around the corner at Alcide.

    “Bill!” she whispered. “Alcide is going to have a shit fit! Plus, what if this baby is Sam’s?”

    The door to Tara’s room opened, and a small boned woman who called herself ‘Dr. Priestess’, stepped out and closed the door behind her.

    “We should talk with Mr. Edgington and Mr. Northman.”

    “Who the fuck cares about them? I’m Tara’s husband. Just tell me if she’s expectin’?”

    “Yes,” Dr. Priestess said slowly, “she’s expecting alright. Triplets. And all three fetus’s have different genetic markers.”

    Alcide stepped back.

    “Meanin’?”

    “Meaning, Mr. Herveaux, that your wife is going to give birth to three babies, with three different fathers.”

    Bill’s mouth dropped open! Sookie, who couldn’t hear what they were saying, began to panic!

    “What did that doctor tell Alcide? Tell me!”

    But Bill grabbed her arm!

    “We’re leaving, Sookie. This is not a place we’ll want to be in a short while. Let’s find Jessica and leave.”

    “I can’t leave Tara!”

    “You’ll have to--for tonight.” Bill insisted. Meanwhile, Alcide could not believe what this doctor was saying! It made no sense!

    “Lady, you don’t know what the hell you’re doing! You’re not a real doctor anyway, are you? I’m getting my wife and we’re leaving. I’ll take her to my own doctor.”

    “Do as you wish. But I am duty bound to report my findings to Mr. Edgington.” Dr. Priestess said, moving around Alcide and down the hallway. Bill and Sookie moved out of the woman’s way, then followed after her towards the stairs. Sookie dragged her feet a little, but then decided to listen in to the doctor’s thoughts.

    I have never seen the likes of this! Three babies by three different fathers! Mr. Edgington will probably only want the witch to carry the vampire’s child...

    Sookie stopped walking and Bill looked at her.

    “What is it?” he asked tensely.

    “I listened to the doctor’s thoughts,” Sookie whispered, “Tara is in more trouble than I realized.”

                                                             ****

    Tara sat up on the bed when Alcide calmly walked in and closed the door. He then sat down on the edge of the bed.

    “The doctor thinks that you’re carrying three babies by three different men. I know you’ve been with Sam. Who else was there?”

    Tara slowly stood up.

    “That can’t be! Who’s ever  heard of such a thing? And Sam was the only other man I’ve been with! I swear!”

    “I think Northman glamoured you into sleeping with him. And if he did, then we’re going to have a problem.” Alcide said calmly. He then turned and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

    Tara stared after him, opened mouth for a moment, then followed after him. When she got downstairs, she stood outside of the study door, eavesdropping, as Dr. Priestess, Russell, Eric and Alcide talked about her.

    “You mutherfucker!” Alcide snapped. “We had a deal!  You vampire fucks now can walk around the sun AND you’ve got my wife carrying a half vamp kid??? Hell no! Hell to the fucking no!”

    Russell smiled coolly.

    “Now Mr. Herveaux...”

    “Don’t Herveaux me! Tara and LaFayette can reverse the spell on those rings! Hell, Tara could probably do it herself! You get this doctor to abort, at the very least, Northman’s kid, and you all can keep your rings!”

    Russell’s mouth dropped open  and his fangs appeared, but Eric set down the drink he had been sipping, and walked up to Alcide.

    “You speak for Tara on this? She’s told you she wants nothing to do with my child and would like to abort it?”

    “Tara is traumatized! You fucked her when she didn’t know it, since there’s no way she’d let you near her if she was at herself!” Alcide growled.

    “I think this is just YOU talking, werewolf,” Eric drawled, “I don’t think Tara would do any such thing to our new rings.”

    “Yes, Mr. Herveaux and why are you not eager to have your wife rid her body of the other shifter’s spawn?” Russell asked.

    “Oh she’s only going to carry mine!” Alcide hissed, looking again at the doctor. “I want you to take care of this--tonight!”

    “No!” Eric snapped. “We’ve come too far to have everything destroyed. Maybe we can re-negotiate...”

    Tara stopped listening. In this fucked up world, she was now carrying three babies by three different men.

    She came to a decision then.

                                                             ****

    LaFayette could hear all of the arguing coming from the study, when he spotted Tara’s fuschia dress, lying on a heap on the floor in front for the study door. There was an envelope lying on it. LaFayette reached down and picked it up. She saw it was addressed to Alcide and Eric.

    LaFayette didn’t bother to knock. He walked in and handed the letter to Russell. Russell tore it open, scanned it, then threw the paper up in the air!

    “I’m going to take a short nap so I can try out my ring tomorrow morning.” he said blithely. Dr. Priestess was sipping a drink and Eric picked up the note. Uh oh...

    Dear Fuckers,

    I don’t know who to go off on first!

    Russell, I hate your ass and always will. My aunt wouldn’t be turning into the lush my late mama was, if you treated her right. I hope you at least get sunburn.

    Eric, you’re a filthy bastard, but you did save me and for that I’m grateful.

    Alcide, you tore my heart out when you told everyone you wanted me to abort every child that wasn’t yours. Eric and Sam’s babies can’t help what they are.

    I’m leaving town and I’ll be invisible until the babies are born. I’ll show myself to get proper care and shit like that, but you all won’t be seeing me or finding me. And Eric, you fucker, you’d better HOPE I don’t put YOUR child in foster care!

    That’s all I have to say. Peace out and Alcide, I’ll be filing for divorce.

    Tara


    Eric dropped the paper and used his vampire speed to leave the study! Alcide picked up the paper, read it, then took off his clothes to shift into wolf form! Tara could not have gone far.

    LaFayette then picked up the note and read it. Damn! He had to find Tara and at least help her out, even if it would be in secret. He then looked over at the doctor, who had helped herself to yet another drink He needed to let Sookie what was going on now.

                                                                ****

    ONE YEAR LATER

    Tara had managed to put her witch skills to use and go to work for the Queen of Louisiana, Sophie Ann Leclerq . She didn’t like it, but she was on retainer and the money was VERY damned good. So much so, that she moved with her three baby girls, Erica, Alicia and Samantha, to a town she had heard mentioned before--Mystic Falls, Virginia.

    There, she purchased a modest home and was able to hire a nanny of sorts. A young woman who was starting college and had lost her parents and her aunt recently. Her name was Elena Gilbert. Now, Tara didn’t have to worry when she needed to leave town to work for the Queen. But she always wondered just how long it would be, before either of her daughter’s three fathers, Eric Northman, Alcide Herveaux and Sam Merlotte, discovered her and their daughters, true whereabouts.

    Probably not long. Not long at all.

    THE END

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1691