Finding Love by Noah
Summary:

Micaiah leaves New Orleans to go to S. Korea to study abroad and while she's there finding herself, she just so happens to also find love. 


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Original Characters, Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1019 Read: 5164 Published: 19/12/11 Updated: 23/12/11

1. Prologue by Noah

2. That Flight by Noah

Prologue by Noah
Author's Notes:

Time for Micaiah to go find herself, and leaving isn't going to be easy. 

Prologue
(airport in New Orleans)

"I can't believe this day has come already, Mama. I'm gonna miss you sooo much - no! Don't cry, Mama." Micaiah says as she reaches out and wipes a rogue tear from her mama's eye. "Micaiah baby, I just can't believe you're really moving to South Korea for a whole year just to pursue your education! It was enough you went to Colgate instead of Tulane, but now you're off to South Korea! How will I deal with my baby being gone so far away?"
"Oh, Mama. You had years before I was born and one more year without me will not kill you. Besides, we'll stay in touch just like at Colgate. Plus, I taught you how to use Skype and ooVoo, so we'll be good. Please, Mama, don't make me change my mind. If you say it, you know I'll stay."
Mama looks me straight in the eye. "You go and learn and come back home. Micaiah, while you're there, find yourself and create your future; map out your life. My baby is talented, and greatness is about to manifest itself through you. Come back bigger and badder, my daughter."
With glassy eyes, I hugged her tight one more time.
"Thank you, Mama, for everything: for raisin me to be a strong, black woman, for always bein there, and for givin me all the love in the world that pushed and encouraged me to fight my way to the top."
"Flight number 658 to LAX from MSY is now ready to board." the loudspeaker announced.
One last hug and kiss from Mama and it's time for me to walk away. I turn just before going through security where Mama couldn't come with me.
"That's my baby! Yall betta watch out! She's about to be great!" My Mama yelled!

We could never know just how true those words would prove to be.

End Notes:

First stop, LAX then Korea. See yall in S. Korea!

That Flight by Noah
Author's Notes:

My profuse apologies for posting soooooooo late. It's been too long; life has been getting in the way. Hope this makes up for it!! I will post again soon! As soon as the sun is nice and up. 

Peace and giggles!

(Sigh). That seven hour flight to LA was no joke. Micaiah thought. And neither is economy. She added wryly. My one comfort? First-class to Korea on Korean Air. Luxury flight to my new life. Fabulous.
As soon as we were able to board, I got on the plane. I did NOT want to miss my flight. I put my carry on above my head and quickly called my mom to let her know I’d successfully changed planes. Just as I was about to turn off my phone –
Ring. Ring.
“Hello?”
“Hey, girl.” A deep baritone voice said.
“Who is this?”
“Micaiah, don’t play coy. Where you at? No breakfast in bed this morning? Or are you at the store?”’
Micaiah’s weary brain suddenly clicked. That arrogant tone that had driven her away from her beloved university belonged to her ex-boyfriend of two weeks. He didn’t even know she was gone.
“Brad. Why are you calling me? I’m really not in the mood.”
“You really thought you could just say goodbye, and we’d be done? Come on, Micaiah; get real. Nobody tells Bradford James Martin “Goodbye” if he hasn’t said it first. Now please bring your li’l sweet body and my breakfast to my place.”
“No can do, Bradford James Martin. I’m unavailable.”
“Una-“
I hung up my phone decisively, and let out a breath I hadn’t even realized I’d been holding. I turned my phone off quickly, and settled back for the flight. The stewardess paused by my seat to ask if I’d like a glass of champagne, and at the moment, I could really use one; I graciously accepted it. I got so lost in my thoughts, after that call, that I didn’t even notice the stranger that was seated next to me. Lost in a flood of memories, I closed my eyes to stave off those memories and thoughts, and ended up going on a million tangents in my head.
I couldn’t believe he called me! I’m done with him, and he’s just going to have to accept that! Mama always got down with the white guys, and so had I until this one tried to control my life! Saying sweet words and holdin’ my hand, whisperin’ sweet nothins in my ear to make me smile. But apparently that was just a show. He used my skills and smarts as if I was his beautiful, black exhibit. “She can cook and she’s beautiful.” (Shudder) But in private, he tore me down, made me feel like I was worthless, like a piece of gum on the bottom of his shoe. And whenever I wanted to be with my friends or just be alone, he would-
“No! This is my life now! Nobody’s shadow anymore – “
“Miss? Miss!” an accented voice said persistently.
I slowly opened my eyes and then blinked rapidly to clear my vision. When did I fall asleep? Who is this? A young man’s faced filled my vision. Even as my mind filled with shame, my eyes feasted on the vision before me shamelessly. His skin was the color of Toblerone white chocolate, which actually isn’t even white. His lips were a kiss-me-pink, and his eyes, oh his eyes! They were cups of melted chocolate that had me drowning. The concern etched on his face, though, had me confused. I blinked at him again.
“Um... is everything alright?” I asked.
Now it was his turn to blink.
“You were talking in your sleep and was getting just a bit heated.” He bit his bottom lip, almost indecisively, as if he were trying to figure if he should tell me the next part. I guess he decided to tell me because he continued, “You actually hit me a few times.”
I just wanted to open the window and jump! I was sooo embarrassed!
“Oh my gosh! I’m soooooooooo sorry!” I said, feeling my face heat up.
He gave me a small smile. “It’s okay. I sleep badly sometimes, too.” Reaching out his hand, “Jaejoong.”
I slipped my hand into his, “Micaiah.”
“A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.”
End Notes:

Yummy, right? :)

Please rate and review!! Would love to hear your comments and suggestions! But keep 'em clean, short, and to the point :)

Also, thanks to my beta Bekahgirl2

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=1938