BE NOT NOBODY by SweetTahira
Summary:

When the time comes and you find yourself at a crossroad... who will you be... what will you do?


Categories: One Life to Live, Daytime Television Characters: Evangeline Williamson
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama
Story Status: None
Pairings: Tangeline (One Life to Live)
Warnings: Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 6804 Read: 16495 Published: 21/01/09 Updated: 30/03/10
ROUND FOR ROUND by SweetTahira
Author's Notes:
Okay So I know it's been forever since I even looked at this story because I sort of just forgot about it... I know... I'm a horrible person. Hopefully that will not happen again. If anyone is still reading this here is chapter four!}

Be Not Nobody 

Chapter Four: Round for Round 

“How do you lock someone up for murder when there isn’t an actual body?!” 

Bo and John both looked up from the paperwork in front of them and stared at the woman in the doorway. She stared back and forth between them and gave them a slight shake of her head as she crossed the threshold. “Evangeline... I see you’ve been speaking with Todd.” Bo sighed walking behind his desk and placing the papers down. 

She gave him a tight smile before turning her eyes on John. “I can only assume you have something to do with this.” 

“If you mean bringing in Manning… then yes; I was the one that brought him in.” 

“On what grounds?” 

“We just wanted to ask him a few questions and…” John began when Evangeline cut him off. 

“…without legal representation.” 

He raised an eyebrow. “We just wanted him to answer a few questions. We weren’t arresting him!” 

“Then why is he locked up in a cell?” 

“Because he decided to threaten an officer of the law!” He shot back. 

“Oh that’s such a cop out and you know it!” 

“Hey! Calm down!” Bo yelled to the both of them. “Now if you both are done acting like children perhaps we can get back to what’s important.” Bo sighed. “Now to answer your question Evangeline; no Todd is not under arrest. We put him in lock up when he refused to cooperate with an ongoing investigation. We went to the penthouse to ask him a couple of questions… without legal representation and things got a little out of hand.” 

“A little… he threw a printer at one of the officers… I’m sure he failed to mention that didn’t he?” 

She rolled her eyes not to be deterred from the real issue. “The fact still remains that you attempted to retrieve information from my client without his lawyer present! What right did you have to speak with him in the first place?” 

“What right?! Are you kidding me?!!!”  

“JOHN!” Bo warned but the detective was on a roll. 

“The guy has been walking around with the words ‘I’m going to kill Margaret Cochran’ tattooed to his forehead and then suddenly she comes up missing and the only we can recover are some blood stained clothing in the dumpster behind the building at the Sun! That’s what right we had!”

 

“Do you even hear yourself when you talk?”

 

“What is that supposed to mean?”

 

“You just said she came up missing… missing gentlemen! No physical body has been recovered not to mention you don’t think it’s a bit odd that you recover these bloodstained clothes in the dumpster behind my client’s place of business? None of this seems a little, oh I don’t know, coincidental, even for the both of you?”

 

“Which is why we just went to ask him a few questions; he was the one that escalated the situation into World War III.”

 

She nodded conceding his point. “Okay I will agree with that… but may I ask, who else at The Sun have you questioned since these clothes have been recovered?” She asked.

 

Bo raised an eyebrow. “I’m not sure what you mean.”

 

“I mean who else have you asked questions to other than Todd? There are at least a hundred people that work at the Sun not to mention cleaning staff, vending employees… I mean we’re talking a lot of different people… you said this was an ongoing investigation so who else have you talked to other than my client?” When she was met with silence she once again graced them with that tight smile that had John’s eyes rolling. “Exactly what I thought; this ongoing investigation is starting to look a lot like a witch hunt and I don’t like it! So I highly advise someone gets downstairs and releases Todd before I tie this whole department up in legal tape!” She snapped.

 

“Just hold on a sec!” John shouted.

 

“No you hold on a sec detective!” She shot back. She was just about to go into round two when the floor felt as if it bottomed out from her feet, there was a sudden flash of bright light and then everything went dark…

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=360