Second Chance by Variety
Summary:

Second chance banner 2

 

To become King of the Lycans, Ulrich has to marry. Between two of his own kind, Sabine, a human, catches his attention and his heart. except on the night of their marriage,she is murdered. 500 years later, Sabine is alive and no longer human but that is only just the beginning of their problems...

*banner by me* i was lazy on the first one and wanted to remake it...

 

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: Supernatural
Genre: Drama, Erotica, Horror, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Character Death, Dark Fic, Extreme Language, Original Characters, Racism, Rape, Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 45707 Read: 60701 Published: 01/09/09 Updated: 17/09/10

1. Part 1: cast by Variety

2. Choosing three by Variety

3. Something Unexpected by Variety

4. appreciation by Variety

5. revenge by Variety

6. Chapter 6 by Variety

7. reunited by Variety

8. wedding by Variety

9. A mortal no more by Variety

10. part 2 characters by Variety

11. proposition by Variety

12. To pass the time by Variety

13. Ch. 13 by Variety

14. Suspicious by Variety

15. a visit by Variety

16. Chapter 16 by Variety

17. Hunger by Variety

18. A gift by Variety

19. the truth by Variety

20. author's note by Variety

Part 1: cast by Variety
Author's Notes:
part 1 of my story, here's the cast
The Lycans***

Ulrich

Ulrich Braun

Aidan

Aidan Braun

Sebastian

Sebastian Braun

Helene

Helene Braun

Lorraine

Lorraine Hawkins

Isabella

Isabella Davis

......................

The Humans..

Photobucket

Sabine Rosewood
Choosing three by Variety
Author's Notes:
sorry this is my first time submitting to this website and i'm getting some things wrong..

Ulrich stood at his window looking out onto his father’s land as little children played out in the courtyards below. He had grown up here, in the vast lands of Scotland where most of his lycan clan resided. He never thought a place was more beautiful than the vivid green pastures and rocky cliffs that overlooked the swirling white of the dark blue ocean.

 

Lounging now on the ledge windowpane, he let a leg drift as he leaned the other one against the side ledge. Looking out, he let the scenery create calm over him, he needed it especially after what he learned from his father an hour ago.

 

His father, Aiden Braun, had been king of the lycans for the past five centuries. Now Aiden wanted to retire knowing full well that Ulrich was capable of moving onto the throne. It wasn’t that he didn’t think he was ready to become a king but he had to marry, not mate, but marry a woman.

 

Mating was common among his race. It is similar to the human laws of marrying but once the deed was done, there was no way of going back and Ulrich wanted to mate a woman that would be his eternally, he had less than a month to choose his bride; a month was too short to pick his mate. But his father had already planned arrangements for him, a few women that he would meet as soon as possible. That was where the frustration came in, He wasn’t a little boy anymore, and he could go out and find his own woman.

 

His room door opened and the fruity smell of peaches filled his nose. He looked from the corner of his eyes and saw his mother, Helene, waltz her way towards him. With ease, he moved from the ledge and leaned against the wall nearby.

 

“Are you okay” She asked, her voice laced with a gentle Scottish accent

 

Ulrich just shrugged. “I’ll have to get over it”

 

Her eyes cut at him. “It’s no’ such a bad thing, Ulrich. Me and your father was arranged an look at us now, we’re still deeply in love after 600 years”

 

“it’s not the same, you and father happened to meet by chance before you even knew you two were arranged”

 

Helene sighed. “Your father has arranged the best for you; don’t give your hopes up just yet”

 

Ulrich nodded and stood. His mother smiled at him and placed a kiss on his cheek before leaving his room. Not long after, he heard a knock at his door and before he ordered for entrance, a head full of black hair poked in. His brother Sebastian walked in closing the door behind him quickly. Noticing the excited grin he wore, Ulrich knew he was in a world of trouble.

 

“Brother you won’t believe the women Da brought”

 

“What” he said surprised, they were already here?

 

Sebastian slapped him upside the arm. “The arrangements, Da’s having them stay here in Balmoral…he didn’t tell you”

 

He stared blank faced at his brother before shoving past him, Ulrich left his room and quickly went to search for his father. As he neared the grand hall, he could hear the number of whispers and chatter among the individuals.

 

As soon as he opened the grand doors, the hall went silent.

 

“Ladies, this is my son, Ulrich Braun” his father Aiden waved.

 

Numerous of gazes stared at him as he walked down the hall. Many bowed while others greeted in their own cultured way. He stopped beside his father, his back to the women.

 

What is this?” He angrily whispered.

 

Aiden smiled patting his son on the shoulder. ‘I told you ‘as soon as possible’, now don’t leave the women waiting”

 

Ulrich grunted and turned around. There at least twenty of them or more but he was quick to make work of them. His blue eyes scanned the crowd, many of different nationalities. Many were lycan like him, some were human. Only a few were actually something to consider.

 

“I want all of the women in a single line, side by side, break if need be” he commanded ignoring his father’s curious gaze.

 

Instantly the women filed in a line, some had to break and stand across from each other. Scent was one of the important things a male lycan looked for in a potential mate. He always liked the smell of a woman’s hair and skin, if taken care of properly. From smell alone, he could tell what kind of emotions one depicted. He at least didn’t want to be saddled with a one that was uncomfortable for his nose.

 

As he stalked to the first woman, his nose twitched, the human wore too much perfume and not an attractive one at that. He walked pass her, noticing her disappointed look. Continuing on to the fourth woman, Ulrich was interested. The lass were lycan like him, with blazing red hair and bright green eyes. She smelled of cinnamon and honey, tall with mile long legs and a slim figure.

 

“What is your name?” He asked.

 

“Lorraine Hawkins, my lord” she said casting him a smile.

 

Taking her clawed hand, he led her to the center of the room before moving on to the other women. He passed almost five before reaching another lycan; she smelled nice and was quite a beauty. Taking in her long blond hair and bright gray eyes, Ulrich found her more attractive than the blazing redhead. Taking in her strawberry flavored scent, he cocked his head to the side.

 

“And what is your lovely name”

 

She flirtatiously winked at him. “Isabella Davis, my lord”

 

With that, he led the woman as he had done Lorraine. He decided to pick one more woman, with only three to choose from he could spent a good amount of time with them individually and at least come to his choice by the end of the month. Oh, god it was going to be one hell of a time. He sighed rushing past the women who sparked no interest in him, until he came to the end of the line.

 

The wee lass were staring at him with dark brown colored eyes, lined with thick lashes. Her chocolate brown skin looked soft and supple to the touch. She was human, probably in her early twenties or maybe younger. It wasn’t because of her face or scent that called to him, it was that something in her eyes and curiosity had gotten the best of him.

 

He took her hand, wanting to hold it in his own. Her eyes widened in surprised when he asked for her name.

 

“Sabine Rosewood” she said politely.

 

Her voice held no local accent as he expected. From his travels, he associated her with being from America. But there was enough time to know her background. He did notice that she didn’t put a title to his name. She could have not known it but in his eyes, it set her differently apart from the others… in a good way.

 

Aiden slightly smiled when Ulrich approached the human, through some work with a friend who did some time around magic, he found someone that could at least give Ulrich the deep founding love that he and his mate shared. Although Ulrich had to choose her for himself and the results were looking good. The chemistry was there, slightly but Aiden hoped throughout the days that Ulrich would come to a good decision of his own choice.

 

He nodded when his son had chosen three women, two lycan and a human. The smell of a nasty competition was heavy in the air, especially between the two female immortals. The human, Sabine, he had heard would definitely feel the pressure; however he hoped that she would be strong enough to see through.

 

“Father, I have finalized my decision with these three and on the ‘morrow I will begin courting” Ulrich said before turning around and took his leave.

 

Aiden nodded. “Yes, now ladies, my men will escort you to your rooms, but feel free to walk the castle and enjoy the sights”

 

As said the guards escorted the three from the Grand Hall, the remaining females were in looks of disappointment, some had even begun to cry. He sighed, happy that their transportation was still waiting for them outside, ready to quickly retrieve them.

 

Lorraine, Isabella and Sabine looked about the castle as the guards carried their things. Well, Sabine did while the others whispered to each other, casting looks at her. She knew that she was going to have a problem with them two and they might try and cast her out first, but whatever happens, so be it.

 

Sabine marveled at the hand carved ceiling, paintings and portraits that lined the decorative hall. Balmoral was a beautiful place just as Scotland was, very different from her home in the America’s. The guards stopped beside a room and opened it, dropping her things by the door. Sabine gasped when the door shut behind her, her eyes glued to the grand sized bed.

 

Unable to control herself, she giggled happily before throwing herself on top of it, sighing from the silkiness of the sheets and pillows on her skin. It felt so wonderful to finally relax! She pushed her mass of hair to the side, thinking about the man who chose her. Truthfully, she didn’t think he would even look at her. Ulrich was handsome; he bore an almost exact resemblance to his father except his eyes were blue and he had dark reddish brown hair to his shoulders. She was shorter of the four; Ulrich was the tallest of at least six three or four in height. Not many werewolves she knew worried about humans, unless they were acquainted with vampires. And that wasn’t a good thing to boast about.

 

Yesterday she was with her father in London when Aiden addressed her. At first, she was a bit afraid of his towering height and weird golden eyes but he turned out to have a warm personality and gentle. He explained to her about Ulrich’s situation, thinking that she was the best suit for him. However it was a chance for him to deny her in the long run, so what benefit would it make her to even try? Plus she hadn’t met him before and he was lycan.

 

Many bad things were associated with their kind, tales were told how they liked to rip the heads off their enemies with their claws and serve the body later for dinner. They had fierce tempers and the males were possessive and controlling. She blushed when her friend Jennifer told her that she had slept with one, Jennifer was explicit in the details that he liked to play, and scratch and bite, turning her in different position that she never even thought of. Sabine begged her to stop, turning her brown face into an unnatural shade of red.

 

Sabine kindly denied Aiden, even though he seemed a bit disappointed. It wasn’t until her father began to cough up blood and remind her of his disease, did she falter. Aiden consoled her letting her know that if she accepted, he would have someone with experience to care for her father while in her absence. If she were chosen, she finally would be able to pay the necessary treatment to help her father. Her brows twisted in worry, now it kind of would be unlikely with two beautiful women competing against her, his own kind at that.

 

She sighed, the hands of sleepiness clung at her eyes. The endless hours of traveling to Scotland had made her weary. She just closed her eyes to rest but it didn’t take long for her to completely fall into a deep sleep.

 

 Later that night

 

Ulrich looked among the table; the lavish feast that the cooks had prepared made his mouth water. He decided to have dinner with the women tonight before starting tomorrow with them individually.

 

He looked at them, staring back, waiting patiently, except for Sabine. Her chair was empty and a servant was sent to retrieve her. He wondered if she had gotten lost or something.

 

The doors opened and Sabine rushed in, almost tripping over her feet. Her eyes looked tired and Ulrich knew she had been asleep. She fixed herself up the best way she could and sat down in her chair, taking a deep breath.

 

“I’m sorry for being late”

 

Raising his glass, as the females did after him. “I toast to the wonderful weeks we have ahead of us, good luck to each of you”

 

They all swallowed their drink; his whiskey went down with that familiar burn. Lorraine turned to him, her red hair was up in a ponytail, and the sides were loose to frame her face. She wore a red silk gown and white gloves.

 

“Well my lord, how does the thought of you becoming king make you feel?”

 

“I feel confident that I will make a great king, but I’m no’ here to talk about me, how do you feel about the possibility of becoming queen”

 

Lorraine smiled, confidence swelled in her aura. “I know I will make a great queen, Balmoral needs a strong queen, one who knows what their needs are and met.”

 

“Very good answer,” he said raising a toast to her. “What about you, Isabella”

 

She wiped her mouth, flipping her blond hair behind her. “I agree with Lorraine but as queen you must also know how to fulfill your mate’s needs, and not many of us might even know how to go about that”

 

Ulrich noticed she cut her eyes at Sabine and her and Lorraine snickered. He cocked his head at the dark beauty, her long thick hair in a braid. She was wrapped up in looking at the delicious food in front of her, the corner of her mouth watering as well. He figured she must have been hungry from her long travel. Her dress was dark green and simple. She didn’t even acknowledge Isabella’s remark. Only ate her black bun (fruit cake) and her eyes danced in sheer goodness.

 

“What about you Sabine”

 

She looked at him, swallowing her food. “I’m sorry…what was the question?”

 

“He asked how you feel about being queen, although I highly doubt that you even need to worry about it” Isabella snapped.

 

“Isabella” Ulrich warned, glaring at her.

 

She hung her head, glaring at Sabine for getting her on his bad side.

 

She cleared her throat. “I really can’t say everything will be peachy; truthfully speaking I have a lot of things to learn about lycan, however I love learning something new everyday and it would be best for me and others if I take everything one step at a time”

 

She was honest in her answer and Ulrich nodded, giving her a small smile. Sabine shyly smiled back before turning to her fruit cake. For the next fifteen minutes, Ulrich asked questions and such, his eyes drifting back to Sabine as she laughed before yawning.

 

“Well let’s call it a night, tomorrow morning I want you to be ready Lorraine,” He said standing from his chair.

 

Lorraine happily smiled, “It would be a pleasure my lord”

 

They filed out of the dining room together Sabine lagging behind as Lorraine and Isabella walked his sides. Lorraine and Isabella went on to their rooms as Sabine stayed behind with him. He arched an eyebrow at her, as she flushed in embarrassment.

 

“I don’t remember how to get back to my room”

 

Ulrich laughed, Balmoral castle was a big place, and she surely wouldn’t get the structure right on her first day. Extending a hand out to her, he took his sweet time walking her back to her room.

 
Something Unexpected by Variety
Author's Notes:
i wanted to thank everybody for the reviews, they were greatly appreciated and so i decided to present to you another chapter i hope you like! ^_^

 

Lorraine stretched across the large bed as she moaned with delight. Today was her day to shine and she was going to look her best. Wiping her tired eyes, her 5’8 frame waltzed to the bathroom running a hot shower. She then went to her closet and picked out a purple dress, it was silk, her favorite material. It had wisps of silver that would drape her shoulders.

 

As she took a shower, she washed her hair and skin with a nice smelling liquid. Her mind was on Ulrich, her future mate. She was sure that Ulrich was going to choose her; the look he gave her from her answer last night had sealed her place. Until that damn Isabella tried to ruin the mood. Lorraine knew that as king, his people came first before anything else. She knew the right thing to say that would make her seem like a complete angel.

 

Only she was not, that she knew. Lorraine had come up with a plan with Isabella on getting rid of the human. She clearly didn’t know anything about lycans so what the hell was she doing here anyway. Lorraine didn’t even know why Ulrich wasted his time with her. After showering and putting on her dress, Lorraine decided to wear her hair down, spraying a light mist of perfume on her neck.

 

The smell of earth and rain filled her nose and she smiled. Hearing a hard knock on her door, she opened it to see Ulrich holding a bouquet of red roses that were only a few shades darker than her hair. He was dressed in a simple white shirt and black trousers with his dark hair teasing his shoulders.

 

“Thank you, my lord! These are so beautiful” She said giving him a hug. She moved away to go and fill a small vase with water and placed the roses in it. Ulrich grasped her hand before kissing it softly.

 

“Just call me Ulrich” He said with a small smile.

 

Lorraine politely refused.  “But your of higher station than me, it would not be respectful of me to call you be your given name”

 

After he firmly insisted, they went about their way hand in hand up to the castle balcony on the east wing. He had set a small table there that over looked the ocean. Lorraine was relieved to say the least that he didn’t do something outdoors; she hated nature, ironic for a lycan. He pulled her chair out and she sat as he sat in his own. Immediately the cooks had come out and placed some food down on their table.

 

“So tell me about yourself” Ulrich asked biting into his large plate of food.

 

“Well…I have two older brothers, both mated and with children. Our parents died about a century ago fighting against vampires, since then I haven’t being doing much, I have a home in Paris where I like to paint and spend my time with my family”

 

He nodded. “I’m sorry to hear about your parents; it seems that a good deal of our clan has lost a family member from vampires”

 

“Yes it was a devastating time for me but we have moved on, I’m pretty sure that was what they wanted us to do”

 

He asked her other questions to get her mind of the loss. Ulrich knew her pain since his grandfather and one of his cousins were killed by vampires. It was a sore topic for all lycan alike.

 

So they continued through their breakfast talking and laughing at some of the things they shared during their childhood. He told her his little interests with fishing and hunting; she liked to sing and offered a few performances. They had a few things in common and Ulrich couldn’t deny the feeling that Lorraine was forceful in some of her reactions, laughing too hard at one of his jokes, trying to seem understanding when she might have had no clue what he was talking about. Overall, he enjoyed her but it was too early to make decisions.

 

Lorraine chewed her bottom lip, a question on the rise. “So if you don’t mind me asking…why did you pick Sabine?”

 

He figured the subject would have come up sooner or later, truthfully given on her behavior last night; Ulrich was quick to tell her it wasn’t any of her business.

 

“Honestly, I find the lass attractive, there is something there or obviously she wouldn’t be here with you and Isabella”

 

Lorraine dropped her fork on her plate. “But look at her” she chuckled. “She obviously could do better to herself; she looked downright awful last night”

 

Ulrich wiped his mouth before bracing his hands on the table. She must have missed the annoyance in his tone but he was sure that she couldn’t now.

 

“Not everyone can be as fortunate as us, Lorraine, and if you are to be queen, it would be highly offensive to me that you would look down to anyone because they have to scrape by to barely clothes themselves while you were lucky enough to be born into riches spent to lavish your wardrobe.”

“Tell me, Lorraine do you know exactly what needs to be done to run a kingdom” he asked roughly, folding his armShe brushed her red hair from her shoulder. “Of course, as queen I think…I know that the clan-“No” Ulrich shook his head. “As king and queen of the lycans, you need control, patience.” He pointed to his temple. “Cleverness and a firm heart, without those our entire species would crumble”

Lorraine was quiet not even sure of what to say. She began to panic when Ulrich began to stand, not even finishing his food. Damn! He couldn’t be angry with her for bringing up Sabine could he. If he fucking ditched her now she was going to go crazy.

 

“Um…what are we going to do now” she asked sweetly, trying to put his mind on something else.

 

“Nothing, I need some time to myself, our date is over” He snapped.

 

Lorraine clamped her mouth shut when he narrowed his eyes at her. When he left her on the balcony, she screamed out in frustration, throwing her glass over the ledge into the ocean.

 

0o0

 

Sabine grunted as she tried to reach the book above her. Even on a wooden chair, she couldn’t get the damn thing. Sighing in frustration, she jumped up and quickly snatched the book, as she landed unsteady on the edge of her chair, her foot slip. She let out a cry when she fell back, stiffening her body for the impact to the floor.

 

Sabine gasped when someone caught her, her tightly closed eyes softly cracked open. A man saved her, one she hadn’t seen before. He had short black hair, little messy and bright golden eyes. He looked young brandishing a boyish grin.

 

“You alright” his Scottish accent thick.

 

She quickly nodded, sighing in relief. “Umm yes, thank you”

 

“What’s a wee lass like you doing up so high, you could’ve killed yourself” he asked nodding to the fallen chair.

 

Sabine held up her book, smiling slightly. “I wanted to have a look at this, it looked…promising”

 

He smiled just holding her there. She realized that he hadn’t put her down yet and she motioned her eyes to him then the floor. The male understood, laughing nervously as he set her on her feet. Damn…now she looked like a little ant compared to him.

 

“I’m Sebastian Braun” holding out his hand.

 

“Sabine Rosewood” she shook his hand. “You’re Ulrich’s brother?”

 

Sebastian nodded. “Aye and you are one of the women he picked.”

 

“Yes”

 

He looked disappointed, she didn’t know why. But his face brightened once again.

 

“So how do you like your stay so far?”

 

Sabine began to walk to the table she had other books placed. He followed taking a seat beside her.

 

“Scotland is a beautiful place, Balmoral is as well. It really wasn’t exactly what I expected.”

 

His eyes widened in amusement. “Oh”

 

“The rumors that spread in America isn’t exactly the cream of the crop”

 

Sabine giggled when his brows twisted in confusion. “I meant that lycans are often represented of being murderous and uncontrollable”

 

“Typical” waving his hand nonchalantly.

 

Sebastian looked at her as she opened the book, before she even read the title; Sebastian’s hand was in front of her.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked brushing his hand to the side.

 

“Lass how long have you been down here” his golden eyes scanned the books on her table.

 

“A few hours…I have to learn something about lycans…right?”

 

He shrugged. “No one uses these books anymore, lass. The best way to learn about us is to experience it for yourself”

 

“But how can I be queen if I don’t know what your people want and how to meet their needs”

 

When he laughed, anger filled her. Why do they keep laughing at her! She never had gotten laughed at so much since her days in school. Slamming her book closed, she stood up glaring at him.

 

“Why do you all keep laughing! Is it that funny to see me squirm and actually try hard to be something you want me to be?”

 

Surprised, Sebastian cocked his head. “I was no’ laughing at you, Sabine and the thing my brother wants most is for you to be yourself”

 

Embarrassed and angry, Sabine sighed deeply. “I think I should go and I’m sorry for losing my temper”

 

Before Sebastian said a word, she was walking out of the library. In about twenty minutes of being lost, she finally found her room and opened the door. Curling on her warm covers, she thought about her father. She missed him and his sickness had her worried. Was he okay? She really did want to go and see him.

 

Her thoughts began to drift to Ulrich. He had decided to spend some time with Lorraine today but she hadn’t seen them. Of course she wouldn’t, spending most of her morning in the library. Maybe she was going about this all wrong; she was different from everyone here so maybe she should do something that represented her, something Ulrich would never ever expect.

 

0o0

 

Aiden sighed running a hand through his hair. He had just been reported that a large band of vampires had attacked a nearby village, killing only a few humans that lived there. Two young lycans tried their best to protect them but also met the same fate. The treaty he placed with Salvatore was as thin as a toothpick; he never even knew why he even tried to negotiate with him.

 

Signing his name on the letter, Aiden handed it to his messenger who turned and left the room.

 

Helene entered, when she looked at him, she could see that he was frustrated and worried.

 

“What’s wrong” she asked massaging his broad shoulders.

 

“I don’t think I should retire yet”

 

Helene stiffened, turning around to face him. “Why…what happened”

 

“We have vampires on the loose; just killed an entire village south of Edinburgh, my scouts has looked everywhere, every cave and nook but didn’t find any of the vampires we seek, they must be traveling with their damn magic tricks”

 

She shrugged. “That does not mean you have to not go through with your retirement, we can stay here for a while, just to make sure things go smoothly”

 

He sighed. “I guess you’re right, and I sent Salvatore a warning. His leeches need to back off before things get serious, next time I won’t be so lenient”

 

In truth, he knew that if he went to war against the vampires, Ulrich would send the women home and he knew that Sabine wouldn’t take his offer the second time around.

 

0o0

 Ulrich decided to lie in his bed after leaving Lorraine on the balcony earlier. He was pissed; Lorraine was out of line asking him questions about whom he associated with. Her little comments about Sabine set him the wrong way too. She wasn’t as fortunate as they were with money but he turned a blind eye to that, he and Sebastian was raised that way. If getting new things would be something Sabine desired then he had no problem taking her out himself and shopped until his arms were heavy with bags, money was not vital to him.

He figured that Lorraine was trying to get Sabine out of the equation. She was the weaker of the three therefore an easy target. But Ulrich felt something between her and wanted Sabine to feel at home, that’s why he decided to choose Isabella tomorrow so she could have some time to adjust to her new surroundings and maybe warm up to him and the others. Feeling a little frustrated, He rose from the bed, taking his shirt off before going to his bathroom to shower.

Nearly twenty minutes later Ulrich heard a knock on the door. Opening it, he saw his brother and he let him in. Sebastian leaned against the bedroom door as Ulrich put on some pants.

 

“I met your Sabine in the library” he said scratching his head. “A confusing one she is”

 

He chuckled. “Don’t tell me you don’t like her too”

 

Sebastian shook his head. “No she’s a fine girl, just a little stiff”

 

Ulrich pulled his shirt on. “Stiff…as in”

 

“She’s pushing herself too hard, been in the library trying to read the old books for hours”

 

“We don’t use those-

 

“That’s exactly what I told her, then I laughed and she cut me down, glaring at me with those dark eyes”

 

Ulrich ceased moving, amused. “The woman got angry with you, did she storm out as well”

 

Sebastian sighed. “After she apologized of course, I like her, she has some fire but afraid to show it…maybe if-”

 

A gentle knock interrupted them. Ulrich opened his door to see a house servant holding a small white note. He took it and the servant bowed and left. When he opened the note and read the small handwriting, he smiled.

 

“It seems the lass have asked to have dinner with me…alone” he said crumpling the paper and tossed it in the trash.

 

“really? I didn’t think Sabine would do that, she more of the ‘suffer in silence’ type” Sebastian joked.

 

“Last night didn’t go so well at first; Lorraine and Isabella are not easy going towards her, she didn’t want to say much” Ulrich tied his hair back with a band.

 

It was very surprising of her, she didn’t seem like the one to take control of a situation, but Ulrich was sort of glad she did it. Last night Sabine was quiet and paid attention to her food, he didn’t think that she might have been interested in him.

 

Sebastian stood from the wall and opened the door. “You know how competitive female lycans are, if it gets too rough for Sabine, I suggest you pull her out before somebody gets hurt”

 

Ulrich nodded before he left taking heed to the advice. He knew first hand all about that. When he and Sebastian were young, a woman by the name of Cassandra would often throw herself at his father, one day she fucked up and touched him in front of their mother. Cassandra had ripped flesh, blood was all over the floor and walls, it still made him shiver knowing that his usual calm mother went ballistic like that.

 

When he walked towards the dining room, he caught the smell of food being cooked, it was different…delicious. He noticed his pace quickened until he literally almost shoved the doors off the hinges of the dining room. There near a table of steaming food, Sabine smiled brightly, holding a silver platter with god knows what inside.

 

His eyes sized her up, the dark red dress she wore tonight was more form fitting, he could distinctly see her hour glass frame that she hid last night. Her black hair was loose sitting just past her shoulders.

 

“Hello, Ulrich. You seemed to have gotten here in a rush” she said with a slight giggle.

 

He stopped at the end of the table. The aroma from the food danced around him.

 

“Did you tell the cooks to make this?” he asked holding up some kind of dish with peaches in it. “Is this what you eat at home?”

 

Sabine placed the silver platter in front of his chair and came back to take the dish from him and placed it back on the table.

 

“Um…sort of. These are the dishes I eat back at home but I didn’t tell the cooks to make it”

 

Ulrich arched an eyebrow. “Then who”

 

“Who else?…I did”

       

 

appreciation by Variety
Author's Notes:
thanks you all for the reviews, i find this website much easier to respond back to the reviewers and it turns out that alot of people like this story. It might seem a little slow over the next few chapters but hopefully you won't be disappointed. Enjoy! ^_^

“Who else?…I did”

 

She told him. Cooking all this food wasn’t that much hard work; she had been cooking back at home ever since she was a little girl. Ulrich looked down at her; she couldn’t tell if he was shocked or just speechless.

 

“If you don’t like it, I can take-

 

“No” he shook his head. “No…I didn’t expect you to do something like this”

 

She smiled as he surveyed the table some more. “How did you get the cooks from the kitchen, they never let anyone even handle a fork in there”

 

“Your father…I told him what I intended to do and he immediately came down to let me pass”

 

His blue eyes lit up. “Great work”

 

Sabine blushed. “Well my mother always told me that good food is a way to a man’s heart”

 

Ulrich placed his hand over his chest. “You stole it right outta me, lass”

 

She laughed motioning him to his chair. Ulrich sat, his large frame still made the space small around her. He watched her as she brought him his whiskey and she placed her hand over the handle of the silver platter. He liked this, the way she handled everything for him, he…he felt like a king. A female slaving over a hot stove for her mate was greatly rewarded among many things. She didn’t know but he highly praised her for it.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“Aye”

 

She lifted the top, very proud of her effort in making him a good dish. Ulrich eyes nearly rolled in the back of his head as he inhaled the steaming steak in her special sauce. She saw he quickly reach over for the knife and fork, cutting right into steak. When he bit into it, she swore she heard him growl.

 

“Goddamn Sabine” he said stuffing his mouth again.

 

She bowed. “I’m glad you like it”

 

“Where did you learn to cook like this?” he said as he bathed the meat in the sauce.

 

“My mother and father, most of the dishes here I have learned from them. They thought it to be useful for when I marry, said it would keep a man wrapped around my finger”

 

Ulrich laughed. “You have me hooked on this steak; As long as you cook this for me…I’ll do anything for you”

 

Sabine nodded, she didn’t know if he was serious or not, but since she couldn’t rival Lorraine and Isabella in height and beauty, she could do this, something she liked to do from the heart.

 

“So are you just going to stand there and stare” he asked taking a sip of his drink.

 

She looked around; she quickly forgot to add another chair to the table.

 

“Here” Ulrich said tapping his leg.

 

It was her turn to arch an eyebrow. “Umm…no thank you, I can go and get a chair”

 

His blue eyes flickered black. “I am not going to let you half drag a chair in here and I don’t want to leave this delicious plate in front of me, so I don’t think you have a choice”

 

Sabine placed her hand on her hip. Who did he think he was? Oh wait he was about to be a king, but that didn’t give him the right to boss her around. Instead of voicing that to him, she walked over and sat on his leg, hard. He grunted, glaring at her look before he completely finished his steak. That was fast!

 

“What is this?” he asked as if nothing happened. His large hands were already over the table.

 

Sabine saw he picked up the dish from earlier.

 

“It’s peach cobbler”

 

He bit into it and it was like watching a child eat candy for the first time.

 

“It’s sweet and creamy and crunchy at the same time, a nice dessert.”

 

Sabine nodded watching him eat another bite. Actually, she was watching him lick the cobbler from his lips. They were a soft pink, his bottom lip fuller than the top. She wondered how it would feel like to kiss him. She never kissed a boy before…well once but the kiss was so wet and sloppy she was literally turned off by the idea of even touching another set of lips.

 

“Do you like what you see” He suddenly asked, pushing her thoughts to the back of her mind.

 

Sabine stammered, not even getting her words out right. She didn’t even know he knew that she was staring at him.

 

“Don’t be embarrassed, Sabine” he laughed. “It’s completely natural to stare at a good looking man” he said arrogantly.

 

She fingered her hair over one shoulder, tangling it between her fingers. He bit into another piece of cobbler and she wondered how he was eating so quickly. She glanced looked over his frame; he was big, with broad shoulders and big hands that could probably pop her head wide open. She could feel the muscles in his legs tense from under her thighs.

 

“Do you eat so much all the time?”

 

Ulrich nodded. “Very much so, I can eat at least twice more than an average human male, gives me more energy in my other form”

 

Sabine recoiled. “Other form?...you mean you can change into like a hairy dog”

 

Ulrich looked at her and Sabine looked back. Then suddenly he threw his head back and burst out laughing.

 

His smile was handsome, especially when he did that crooked grin; it instantly reminded her of a little boy that would smile sweetly to his mother and wreck hell the next.

 

 “What! It’s quite offensive to ask a lycan if he turns into a dog, especially us prideful Scottish, dogs don’t even compare even a fraction of what we can do”

 

She nodded. “So…do you grow hair out of your skin?”

 

He bit a piece of bread. “Ummm no, I’ll getter bigger and taller, more in bulk and muscle. My senses will get sharper and my eyes and face change. When I’m in that form, I go into frenzy, those who lack self control can easily lose themselves in it”

 

She wanted to keep a mental note on that. “I hope I’m not aggravating you with my questions, you know since I’m new to this and all”

 

“You’re fine. I kind of like sittin’ here and telling you this, feels good to share something that many people don’t really know about”

 

“Well in that case, I’ll ask you one more question. Have you ever lost yourself in the frenzy?”

 

Ulrich stilled, his eyes focused on plate. “I did…once”

 

“When Sebastian and I were younger, we often trained, roughing it up as usual. There was a servant girl in the castle, cute with dark hair and freckles on her face that we frequently tried to impress whenever she cleaned the gardens. One day she was in heat, signifying her maturity to mate, except that day I was incredibly aggressive and sexually craving for her, so my brother and me tried to occupy my mind with fighting, he made a joke to cheer me up except the baser, animalistic side of me thought of it as a challenge. I attacked Sebastian, putting him in the infirmary for four days”

 

Sabine softly gasped. “Wow…Umm…it seems like you couldn’t help yourself”

 

He just shrugged. “I was young but it’s been centuries since I lost control like that, never let it get the best of me”

 

She nodded. “What happened to the girl?”

 

Ulrich continued biting into a piece of bread. “Couple months later, she went off and married a lad she was secretly in love with. They soon had a bairn not long after that….you know, you’re the only person who knows that, besides my family and friends”

 

She smiled. “Well that makes me a very special girl and your friend

 

“Indeed” He stared intensely at her noticing her blush. “So what made you come here, Sabine?”

 

“Um…my father is sick…and I can’t find enough work to pay for some good treatment at least quick enough to save his life”

 

Ulrich nodded. “So you are here for money”

 

Her eyes widened. “no! um well kind of but I saw it as a sign, I flat out refused at first but I’m doing this for my father…He insisted I come but I spent much of my life caring for him that I wouldn’t know what I would do if he passed on….I have no one else”

 

Ulrich saw she was on the verge of tears and he rubbed her shoulders. He wanted to ask about her mother but Sabine didn’t mention her so he just left it be. She wiped her tears, smiling slightly. She was a beautiful creature, her almond shaped eyes he liked to look into.

 

“Here” he held a piece of cobbler he left over to her lips.

 

She stiffened. “uh…you got a fork?

 

“You have to get used to it, there are a lot of things mates share with each other, the things we mostly crave is life, emotion, touch and food…sex usually falls in between…and afterwards” he was doing that crooked grin again.

 

“Are we…going to have sex that much?” Sabine asked nervously.

 

What kind of question was that? Virgin was bathed all around her aura and Ulrich smiled devilishly. “Of course, and I like it that you are already thinking about a ‘we’”

 

She lightly tapped his bicep, a current thing with her when she was overly embarrassed. She leaned over and tried to quickly take the cobbler but he moved his hand from her reach.

 

“Slower” he whispered in her ear.

 

She sighed and slowly bit into the peach, laughing when a bit of it spilled onto her chin. He grabbed her wrist before she wiped it. Ulrich leaned in and she gasped when he licked the cobbler from her chin. She was silent as she blankly stared at him, he couldn’t help but lean in and kiss her.

 

Her lips were soft against his firm ones; Ulrich let his tongue snake out and just barely licked across her lips, tasting the sweet peach. She didn’t react for the first three seconds, but her lips began to move against his, the kiss was gentle and slow, he could tell that it was her first time. It was over too quick when the dining room door opened and Sabine quickly tore away from him.

 

Isabella and Lorraine stood in front of them, their eyes nearly bulging out of their heads.

 

“What are you doing” the blond asked him, craning her head at Sabine.

 

When Ulrich felt her stiffen and begin to rise, he tightened his hand on her side and held her back on his leg. She turned to him with a glare. Ulrich then tossed a piece of cheese in his mouth, as if nothing happened.

 

“Sabine was nice enough to cook me some dinner, she worked very hard and it tastes delicious”

 

Isabella folded her arms. “I am not going to eat anything she cooks and I meant why you were kissing her”

 

Sabine swallowed stiffly when she literally felt Ulrich’s rage.

 

His voice was flat, even tone. “As I said, she made the dinner for me and I don’t think you have the right to question me on what I do”

 

She huffed. “It’s evident that I need to. She doesn’t even compete with Lorraine and me; the bitch shouldn’t have even last through yesterday and now you’re already kissing her. Why is she even here, Ulrich? Lycan are supposed to mate their own kind”

 

“I’m marrying, it’s a complete fucking difference” He stood almost knocking Sabine to the floor. “No one is pulling you by your wrist Isabella to stay here…you know where the front door is”

 

There was an uncomfortable silence as Isabella quickly quieted. It was evident that she didn’t want to leave but Ulrich was red with fury and no one dared to say a word. They all were shocked, especially Sabine. She had lowered her eyes when Lorraine and Isabella stared her down, their eyes flashing black in anger. She felt Ulrich put a finger under her chin and raised her head up. Isabella began to fidget under his piercing gaze; it was about a minute when she decided to say something.

 

“Fine” She shrugged. “You will come to realize that she isn’t what you want, or you’ll kill her during your next heat, don’t forget Ulrich; we aren’t made for the pathetic mortals”

 

Isabella turned around, her blonde hair flowing behind her as she walked out of the dining room. Lorraine was left, not knowing what to say or do. Ulrich sat down, running a hand over his face.

 

“Is this what you desire too Lorraine? There is no doubt that you feel the same as Isabella, given your behavior earlier”

 

Her green eyes widened. “No I do not, I wish to stay here and prove to you my place beside your throne”

 

Ulrich stared at her for a moment or two. “Okay then, show me the truth in your words, but know this…if I hear another word of negativity out of your mouth, I will cast you flat on your ass outside my gates, myself. Do you understand me?”

 

Lorraine stiffly nodded, obviously not liking how she was treated in front of Sabine. She was the more beautiful, the immortal! Yet the human had been sitting on his lap like a pedestal. Lorraine wanted to make her pay.

 

Ulrich waved his hand. “Now leave us, I have a lot of food to finish, Sabine has put too much hard work into it for me to toss it away”

 

Sabine watched Lorraine leave but not before, she received a deadly glare.

 

When the door firmly closed, she whirled on Ulrich, standing when he sat down, stuffing his face with more cobbler.

 

“Just tell me…are you trying to get me killed?”

 

He licked his fingers completely oblivious to her amounting anger. “You’ll be fine; Lorraine and Isabella will not harm you here”

 

She scoffed folding her arms. “Well thank you Ulrich! I feel sooo much better”

 

He paused in his eating and realized she was actually angry with him. Ulrich leaned back in his chair as he looked up at those furious brown eyes, now he knew what Sebastian meant. She looked like a child with her big head swelling with anger, he stifled a laugh.

 

“Did it not occur to you that, maybe, you won’t pick me then that will just leave a way for Lorraine to slit my throat! The way you praise me in front of them like I’m a saint!”

 

He frowned then narrowed his eyes in warning. “Careful Sabine, I do not like to be yelled at as if I’m a child, if I want to praise you for your efforts then I will do just that”

 

She sighed pinching the bridge of her nose. “Well couldn’t you have went about saying it in another way, not in the way that will get my ass kicked in the long run, god forbid if I ever get into it with a lycan or any immortal”

 

Ulrich turned to her, cupping her chin. “You might have been here for such a short time, but you have already shown me the real you in more ways than one. You studied in the library for hours, lass, studying books that might have shined little insight on my clan. You slaved yourself over a hot stove to appease me and you are a selfless being, constantly worrying for your father, who pressured you to come here, not to save him but to have a chance that you will have a good life”

 

Sabine was shocked. The way he put it made it seem like she was doing so much to please him, even if she really hadn’t done anything. Well the food was to show that she respected him, grateful to even allow her a chance at the throne. Now that reality had sunk in, from the death glare from Lorraine would she be given the same hostility from the others?

 

And her father…he was so right. Barret had pressured her into coming, telling her that even after the death of her mother and his doomed condition, she deserved to be happy. She spent hours on end, making sure he was properly fed and cared for that life past her on by. Her constant need to read books were from the hour on end nights she cried to herself knowing she couldn’t find a cure for her father’s disease but a measly overpriced medicine that might not work due to his advanced stage.

 

Before she knew it, her eyes filled with tears and Ulrich calmly brushed them away.

 

“If I want to praise you, it would be because you earned it, not because I want you to feel uncomfortable or want to wave you around like a brand”

 

Sabine knew he said that truthfully and she nodded. What completely stunned her next was when a thick slab of cobbler was smeared on her lips. A total complete flip of the entire conversation, Ulrich stared at her devilishly as he pulled her down on his lap again.

 

He smirked, his tongue ready to attack. “Now…where were we?”

 
End Notes:
thanks for reading
revenge by Variety
Author's Notes:
thank you for all the lovely reviews and hope you like the new chap. i'll contact you all for any questions you have for me ^_^ Enjoy!!

Ulrich was in bed, sleeping peacefully in his master bedroom. It wasn’t until an hour after sunset did he feel kisses traveling down his neck and collarbone. A warm body was straddling him and his hand curved up the thigh on his hip. He should have known something was up but currently he was dreaming about last night with Sabine, an entirely different outcome of what happened last night. He dreamed of tossing her right on the table and smearing the delicious cobbler all over her naked skin and licking every trace of it off.

 

But that wasn’t reality and Ulrich knew that Sabine would never enter his room without permission much less crawl into his bed. His eyes shot open and his view was filled with vibrant red hair, Lorraine’s lips tracing down his chest.

 

He immediately grabbed her arms, a growl vibrating through his chest. “What the fuck are you doing!”

 

Lorraine gasped, not bothering to cover her naked breasts. “I…I came to please you, my lord. To prove my honor to you”

 

Ulrich slept naked and Lorraine had nothing on underneath her gown, if he was any other man he would have took Lorraine right here in his bed. But his anger hadn’t lessened very far from dealing with Isabelle, his eyes turned black with anger. She had greatly misunderstood his words and chosen the wrong time to act so indecently. Lorraine shivered in fear and began moving off of him fixing her clothes.

 

“Do you actually think sleeping with me would make me choose you? Lorraine…you’re more desperate than I thought”

 

She growled in anger, raging at his audacity. “I am not going to be bested by that human bitch! What do you see in her, what could she have better than me”

 

Ulrich stood from his bed and wrapped a nearby towel around his waist, the beast in him wanted to strangle the shit out of her. No one ever entered his private chambers without his permission. Of course, he had sex with women, but there was another room for that kind of activity. His room was his space and Lorraine had finally crossed his line.

 

“I’m not going to explain myself to you, you will get out and go and pack your bags, I am done with you, Lorraine”

 

She stiffened and Ulrich groaned when her eyes clouded with tears. “No please, I am so sorry! Give me another chance!”

 

He knew that she wasn’t going to budge from that spot so he grabbed her arm and opened his room door. Ulrich didn’t want her walking back to her room by herself and try to do something to Sabine along the way out of anger.  Some of the residents were awake and snickered behind Lorraine’s back as she cried the entire time to her room.

 

Ulrich summoned a guard nearby. “Pack her things for her and lead her out to the gates, you will travel with her to make sure she safely makes it home, do not let her out of your sight”

 

The guard nodded with a bow and went into the room.

 

Ulrich turned to Lorraine “Make yourself decent” then walked away, ignoring Lorraine’s pleads.

 

0o0

 

Sabine woke up nearly an hour after dawn. She was excited, worried and nervous all at the same time. Last night was…something else, the dinner with the prince was great but Lorraine and Isabella was pissed. Sabine couldn’t help but feel that she needed to watch her back despite Ulrich’s word.

 

Suddenly she heard a commotion down the end of the hall. Sabine peeled the sheets back, dashed to the door opening it, and looked in shock. Lorraine was wailing and apologizing as Ulrich ,clad nothing but a towel, had her gripped by the arm as they walked briskly by her door.

 

Lorraine was hardly wearing anything but a provocative nightgown and Sabine wondered if they had spent the night together. But with the cold hard face Ulrich wore, she clearly doubted it. They turned the corner vanishing out of sight, while the other residents poked their head out of their rooms. She closed the door wondering what had happened. Today, Ulrich were going to take her horseback riding around the woods of Scotland. She never rode a horse before but she still couldn’t wait to go. While they were riding, she’d ask him about what she saw.

 

She crawled back into bed, drifting in and out of sleep for the next three hours. Every now and then, she brushed her finger across her lips, smiling. They finished that whole pan of peach cobbler and when he smacked his lips in satisfaction, her cheeks heated even though he couldn’t see her blush. That man…was something else. Feeling that she had enough lying in bed for one morning, Sabine got up, ready for a hot relaxing shower.

 

She stretched as she trudged to the bathroom, opening the door as light from the large windows flooded the area. She turned the water on at the sink and washed the tiredness from her eyes, and afterwards let her hair loose. Every morning she’d set it into a long braid, it was so thick and the only thing she used on it was the small bottle of shampoo she could afford every month or so.

 

She hummed softly brushing her hair down when the thing slipped and fell to the floor.

 

“Crap” she sighed in frustration leaning under the sink and reached for the brush.

 

Sabine eyes widened when a snake hissed viciously at her coiled underneath the sink pipe, she hadn’t seen it when she walked in. she began to back out of the bathroom but it was too late. The snake moved quickly, lunging at her before its teeth sunk into her ankle. She cried out, the pain worming its way up her leg. Within seconds, her vision began to blur and her mouth was severely dry. In panic, she tried to rush to the room door, to scream for help or something but she fell over a table, sending her and the plant on it crashing to the floor.

 Her hazy eyes followed the snake as it calmly passed her by, it seemed like forever she was on the floor trying to breathe in full gulps of air, but due to the venom, her throat was closing up despite how much she tried. Oh god, I’m going to die… 

0o0

 

Ulrich and his father stood across from each other, surveying the map of Scotland below them. More villages had been attacked although a good bit of ways from Balmoral, they were getting closer. Aiden knew the land like the back of his hand; they were targeting their private passageways into the castle.

 

Ulrich shook his head. He clearly detested vampires. That act they pulled disappearing in and out of a place was a great benefit to them. The villages that were attack was searched of any thing the vampires might have left behind; nothing except that foul smell of death around them.

 

Ulrich sighed. “Could be, we could ask some questions along the coast and also set up some security, our fastest runners would be best”

 

Aiden nodded. “That will at least put away our assumptions, if there is another attack. I placed extra guards along our passageways, they seem to be targeting those, and I’m not concerned for them breaking through to the castle but for the wellbeing of the villagers”

 

Ulrich rolled the map and other belongings away as his father went to his little stash of whiskey. He poured him and his son a glass, sitting near the window looking out in the yards. Ulrich had come back, taking the whiskey from his hands and gulped it down into one swallow.

 

Aiden arched an eyebrow. “You only guzzle whiskey like that when something is on your mind, what’s wrong”

 

He shrugged, fingering the glass in his hand. “I sent Isabella home last night out of anger, they were furious that I kissed Sabine and this morning, I woke to find Lorraine in my bed, I walked her to her room and sent her home before I could strangle her to death

 

He knew how sensitive Ulrich was about his room; everything about him was etched into every detail and cloth. His son was a private person and a woman forcing herself on him like that only annoyed him further.

 

 “Females will be females, I’m very surprised that those two hadn’t mauled each other to death…You kissed the human, eh? Her food was that delicious?”

 

“It was more than that, I only felt physically attracted to Lorraine and Isabella. There’s something about Sabine that I can’t place…I just followed my instincts”

 

Aiden patted his son on the shoulder. “It’ll be fine, Ulrich, do what the instincts tell you, they will always lead you to what’s best for you”

 

They both stood in silence looking out of the window. With their advanced hearing, they heard the sound of a vase crashing to the ground and dull thud. Ulrich looked at his father as he silently thought he heard it come from Sabine’s room. In a flash, he was already down the hall and running up the stairs. When he came to her room, he opened the door.

 

Sabine was on the floor, not yet unconscious. Her eyes fluttered as she wheezed in pain, her chest rising in an erratic pace. Ulrich quickly picked her up, noticing how hot her body was.

 

“Sabine…Sabine, can you hear me” he whispered checking her neck and shoulders for any wounds.

 

She said nothing but her eyes were barely focused on him. Sweat collected on her forehead and upper lip. Ulrich cursed in a breath, he knew the effects of a snake bite when he saw one. Aiden came through the door, along with Helene by his side.

 

“She’s been bit by a snake, we can’t treat her if we don’t know what the hell it was” He said angrily.

 

As if on cue, Aiden spotted the snake as it slithered from under Sabine’s bed into a corner. He went and picked it up, not worrying about being bit because the venom wouldn’t affect him. He let his mate survey it as she nodded and left the room. Aiden killed the snake with his bare hands and caught the sight of one of its fangs missing.

 

.Ulrich was angry as he softly talked in Sabine’s ear. She clung to him trying to take in deep breaths; she would pass out soon from the pressure in her air ways. As Ulrich moved her body to the bed, Aiden caught the sight of her one leg; the ankle was swollen and leaking out blood and a greenish fluid, the fang was still embedded. He knew she wasn’t going to like this.

 

“Ulrich” he motioned him over when he looked. Ulrich kissed Sabine on the head before going over to Aiden.

 

“Her ankle needs to be drained, and we need to take out the fang still embedded there, Helene can give her the antidote before we do it” Aiden handed him the switchblade in his pocket.

 

He shook his head. “It’ll wait; she’s in enough pain-

 

“If you don’t do it, the poison is going to eat at her tissue. She is going to be crippled if you don’t drain it now”

 

Ulrich thought for a moment. He saw the wound on her brown skin turned a nasty near reddish black color .He didn’t want to hurt her but his father was right. Taking the blade from his hand, he went back to the bed.

 

Helene came in with the antivenom in hand. She quickly administered it to Sabine’s arm, whom had already passed out. When Helene moved out of the way, Ulrich and Aiden got to work quickly. He sat at the end of her, putting her legs in his lap holding them immobile while Aiden was at her front, to calm her down once she reawakened.

 

“Ready” he asked his father.

 

“Aye”

 

Ulrich took the tip of the blade and readied himself. Sabine woke with a deafening scream as he sliced the blade into her skin.

 

0o0

 

Black eyes glared at the two trembling creatures at his feet. So pathetic, he ordered them to do one simple little thing and they dare come back empty handed.

 

“What do you mean you haven’t found it?” Salvatore said letting the vibration of his growl be heard.

 

One of the two hesitated before reaching his hand in his pocket.

 

“My lord, the hidden passageways that the villages sat upon wasn’t found, Balmoral could be impossible to invade.”

 

The vampire growled. “I want that fucking castle!”

 

The boys flinched, covering their heads in their place. He did have the urge to kick them clean across the room just to appease his anger.

 

“What other news have you learned” he asked thinking of other ways to gain Balmoral in his benefit.

 

The boy nudged his other friend, one he knew by the name of Jean. Jean stood after taking a small bow.

 

“Aiden has decided to retire from his throne thus his first born Ulrich has decided to marry. He had chosen three women, two lycans and a human. As what I have heard loosely, he favors the human female”

 

His interest spiked. “Oh really…have you taken a look at this human female?”

 

Jean shook his head. “No my lord, that is the only information I know”

 

So Ulrich favored a human. She must be something of worth for him to pass along his own species. A cough brought him from out of his thoughts and he coldly stared at the two vampires.

 

“Well what are you fucking looking at me for, go get her! If Ulrich decides to marry her, then I’m sure he wouldn’t mind an exchange for his thrown”

 

Jean and the other boy widened their eyes in fear. “but…but we can’t go into Aiden’s territory, he’ll kill us”

 

In a blur, Salvatore had the weak vampire’s neck in his hand. He viciously snarled at the boy and Jean showed his neck in submission.

 

“I don’t give a flying fuck about that treaty! You will find her no matter what and if you don’t, I will do far worse than what Aiden will do to you!”

 

Jean landed on the floor with a thud, quickly bowing as he waited for the vampire’s dismissal. Salvatore turned and sat back in his chair. He merely glanced at the two.

 

“Better yet, its best if I come along on your next raid, for now get your rest and in a few days time we will attack Balmoral.  Now get out.”

 

Jean and the young boy bowed and left.

 

“Stupid fucks” Salvatore turned to his bedroom and slammed the door.

 

0o0

 

Sabine woke with a moan, a headache and pain in her ankle. Her eyes opened as she looked at the ceiling of her room. Funny…her room ceiling was white and smooth. The ceiling she was looking at was cream and sculpted beautifully. She leaned up, trying to pull herself against the headboard.

 

She felt so tired and for a moment, she didn’t know why she wasn’t in her room and in her own bed. Her eyes tiredly looked down at her bandaged ankle and she remembered that she got bitten by a snake…a very poisonous one. She only remembered bits and pieces after that. Ulrich came to her room and so did his parents, then that his father called him, but that was all she remembered.

 

Sabine curled her toes, in hopes that she still had function of her foot. They all moved but the muscle was still sore. She probably wouldn’t be able to walk for a while. The room door opened and Ulrich walked in, his eyes lit when he saw that she was awake.

 

“How do you feel?” he asked holding the large plate of food in his hand.

 

“Tired but happy to be alive” she whispered.

 

He nodded as he came to the bed, sitting beside her and placing the tray on his lap.

 

“Do you remember how the snake got into your room.” he asked.

 

Sabine shook her head. “It was in my bathroom…it bit me when I saw it under the sink but…I don’t know if it was there last night” she looked at him.

“You don’t think it was put there intentionally?”

 

He didn’t say anything as he put a piece of fruit in his mouth. “It could be a possibility, we have been looking for Isabella and Lorraine left this morning”

 

“What happened, I heard the commotion, not to mention you were upset about something”

 

Ulrich shrugged. “She slipped into my bed, shortly after I had wakened; I don’t allow that kind of conduct”

 

Sabine nodded and was quiet for while. “Am I always going to be attacked?”

 

“It’s the usual for every king and queen” he cleared his throat when Sabine stared him down.

 

“You don’t have to worry about it; I will do better in protecting you, you can be sure of that”

 

“When it comes to my life, Ulrich…I do have to worry” she said tiredly.

 

Ulrich ignored her, putting some food to her mouth. She didn’t feel like arguing so she just let him feed her. It looked like he enjoyed it, taking care of her while she was injured. She admitted that she liked it too.

 

“So how long do I have to wait before I can walk again” Sabine asked.

 

He looked down at her ankle. “About a week maybe more, it’s not good for you to put pressure on it for now, so you’ll have to stay in bed”

 

Sabine stiffened. “In my own bed…right, is this my new room?”

 

Ulrich smiled. “No it’s mine; I had your things moved in here as well”

 

“What! You can’t do that, what about sleeping arrangements and things like that?”

 

“I can’t watch you halfway across the castle, can I?…and as for sleeping arrangements I will be sleeping with you, nothing will happen that you don’t want to”

 

Sabine didn’t say anything but she didn’t want to be sleeping next to him. Just to feel his chest against her back already sent a shiver down her spine. She never even slept with a man before given that she was just twenty years of age. Sabine nibbled her lip, tightening her hands in the sheets. She didn’t even want to think of sex with him right about now.

 
Chapter 6 by Variety
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy!!

It had been three weeks since her ankle healed, but it never did heal quite right. Ulrich watched Sabine as she walked about his room, she often stepped light, just a slight limp to her walk. He often carried her places, despite her disagreements and struggles but soon enough she just stopped and went with the flow. No one could really notice the limp unless one paid close attention to it, but being Ulrich, he noticed everything about her.

 

The day after her incident, Ulrich had sent for Lorraine. She came back to the castle all smiles not knowing what she was walking into. Lorraine flat-out denied leaving the snake in the bathroom. Though she did confess to wanting to hurt Sabine but didn’t act on her intentions. Ulrich asked about Isabella who had not returned on his command. Lorraine claimed to have not seen the lycan since she left home.

 

Much to his disagreement, Sabine told Ulrich to leave it alone. She did want retribution but she was just happy to be alive and wanted the whole thing to end immediately. After some hours of debate, Ulrich finally agreed but still sent some men to search for the female lycan.

 

After that, he thought no more on the subject, their paths would cross again eventually but for now, he turned his attentions onto the human.

 

For the three weeks he had known her, Ulrich felt that he had a natural connection to Sabine. Although they had some dislikes about certain things, such as his love for brutal fighting and Sabine’s fashion for reading those little fairytale novels. They were a happy couple. And Ulrich thought they looked good together even if Sabine looked different from his common choice of women. For the past couple of days he wanted to ask her hand in marriage, he knew almost everything about her from their late night chats in bed, and her him…some things he figured wasn’t important to discuss but they showed loyalty and respect to one another. He hadn’t wanted to take this long but he was very much impressed with how much he and Sabine progressed.

 

That night when she asked him if she was always going to be attacked, Ulrich was just stating the obvious to slightly blur the hardcore truth. She was going to be endangered every single day of her life. The lycan were the most hated beings in the immortal realm; Vampires were neck to neck with them. And now since his father had presented him to the possible nearing dangers. He had enemies that would want to do her harm just to get to him and he wasn’t going to allow that. For the past couple of days, he slowly talked to Sabine about going through the transformation.

 

 At first, she was quick to burn the discussion, saying that she liked being human. Then a week ago, she had turned to him in bed asking about the transformation. He could just imagine her now as a lycan, feisty, sexy and strong, he didn’t know what she would like sexually in bed but she would be able to deal with his rough play and hard thrusts. A trainer would teach her how to protect herself at times when he couldn’t but he would try to make that a rarity.

 

Since that week, they had grown closer. She even slept comfortably close to him at night, his big arms wrapped protectively around her. Sabine often conversed with his mother, the two liked to paint in the gallery and wreck havoc on he and his father. Sebastian treated her like an older brother, his boyish looks and charm was easy for her to like, she had become apart of his family. Ulrich was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his sword being drawn from its sheath. Sabine had to hold it with both of her hands.

 

“It’s heavy” she said, dragging it to him.

 

He straightened up from the headboard, reaching out to take the sword from her. Her big browns widened when he easily tossed the sword up and caught it, swinging it as if it weighed like nothing.

 

“You forgot Sabine, I am a very powerful lycan” he said smugly with a smile.

 

She rolled her eyes. “As if that could slip my mind”

 

She sat next to him as he laid the sword across his lap. Her fingertips skimmed along the sculpted hilt as she inspected it closely.

 

“It was given to me by my father as tradition it will pass down to my son” he said touching the sharp edge.

 

He saw Sabine brows twist in an unidentifiable emotion. “What’s the matter?”

 

She looked up at him, surveying his face before she looked into his eyes. “Are we going to have children…together?”

 

Ulrich blinked. His mind was so wrapped up about rushing and marrying her that He hadn’t really thought about it. Just to see her now, her belly heavy with his child. Except once again her human self posed a problem, if only he could turn her into a one of them, with her permission. So he lied…sort of.

 

“Of course we would, why would you think we would not” he answered.

 

Sabine noticed the hesitation in his eyes, that swift minute she knew he was lying. Of course, he wouldn’t! He needed an heir that was strong, fully immortal to take hold of his throne. Plus she wasn’t going to live that long! Just the thought that he lied to her about it had hurt her more.

 

“You’re lying” she said softly.

 

Ulrich watched her put her head down and before her replied, the smell of tears invaded his nose.

 

“Hey” turning her face to his.

 

Sabine answered first, moving her head from his touch. “I’ll never be good enough for you; just because I’m human…that’s why you’ve been talking about the transformation, isn’t it”

 

Ulrich couldn’t reply to that, it was true but it wasn’t because he didn’t think she was good enough. He wanted it because it would be one less thing for him to worry about if she was injured or with bairn. Not many human females had successful pregnancies due to increased stress the baby did to their body. Her brown eyes were staring at him in silence. He knew just what she was thinking. Why did he even pick her in the first place? Before she even knew it, he swept her lips in a kiss. Her eyes widened for a second then slowly drifted closed as she lightly kissed him back. As Ulrich explored her sweet mouth, he recalled that he hadn’t kissed her ever since the night she cooked for him, almost a month ago.

 

His large body began to move over her, making hers move back. His hand grazed her naked shoulder before placing its self on the small of her back. The feeling that came over him when he kissed her was one of a kind. It was as if bliss had continuously welled up in him and refused to pour out. Her hands were on his thick shoulders, climbing herself up his body wrapping her hands around his neck.

 

Sabine was underneath him, her body heating up and small. The instincts that ran in his head told him to take her right there and now, but he couldn’t he wanted to save it for her-their wedding night. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t please her. Time passed by as they kissed, small gasps escaping from her mouth as he struggled not to crush his raging erection between the juncture of her legs. Within that time, he used his hand to carefully inch up her ankle length dress as he kissed about her neck and jaw.

 

Just as soon as she felt his finger slightly touch her inner thigh, Sabine gasped and clamped her legs shut. Her eyes flashed open as she readied her hands against his chest to push him off.

 

Before she said anything, he grabbed her wrists, his blue eyes pleading. “Wait, Sabine”

 

He said nothing as she stared up at him. She felt so soft underneath his body of pure hard muscle. Yet she didn’t feel uncomfortable in any way, the words of her friend had rushed to her mind, sending her in a panic. Would he be rough with her, bite her or scratch her? The immediate thought was that he might have liked to see her in pain…sexually.

 

“I won’t hurt you, Sabine. I want to pleasure you without putting my shaft in you, there are other enjoyable ways”

 

She blushed at his bluntness of words. Sabine licked her lips reveling in the way she felt as he kissed her. She had been brought up not to have sex before marriage but he just said that they weren’t going to. And as far as keeping his word, Ulrich was best at doing that.

 

“Okay” she whispered.

 

Ulrich presented her a smile before he landed his lips on her again and she was lost. She could feel the brush of his fingers now on her inner thigh and he purred. The soft rumble of his chest was cute, but also sexy. Sabine liked knowing that she made him do that. When they traveled higher near her panties, her body stiffened.

 

Relax, lass”

 

She did and that was when he slipped his fingers inside them¸ brushing across her dark curls. When his thumb grinded across her clit, her mouth opened letting out sweet moan against Ulrich’s ear.  He purred even louder but it was more closely to a growl. Her hands clenched his biceps as he toyed with her, rotating his thumb in a circular fashion, knowing when to apply pressure.

 

Ulrich was in his own struggle to not force himself in her. She was so wet, wet for him and only him. The scent of her arousal was enough to make him lose it but he wanted this to be for her, just for tonight. Through his lust clouded eyes, he saw Sabine eyes were closed and her mouth was open slipping moans and pants through her soft full lips.

 

He wanted her naked, right where he would be able to see her dark husky nipples and take them into his mouth. Ulrich was sure that this was the first time his fingers or even hers was to caress her sex and figured that was enough of new sexual adventuring for her but next time…

 

She cried out when his thumb slipped, diving itself right into her cavern. Ulrich quickly pulled out noticing how tight her sheath was. Her eyes cracked open and grabbed his wrist before he pulled out of her panties.

 

“What are you doing” she asked.

 

Ulrich craned his head. “I just hurt you, did I not?”

 

“It didn’t hurt” at his non believing look, she confessed. “Okay it did a little but I…liked it”

 

Oh? he smiled at her lustfully, seeing as his woman was coming around. He placed himself back onto her pearl but didn’t put his fingers inside of her. With a kiss, he fully placed her down on the bed, his hips spreading her legs. Sabine broke away and curiously looked at him but her breath hitched as she felt his fingers slide into her.

 

“Oh…god” she moaned. Ulrich was at a wonder at how tight she was, her walls clenched around his finger as he carefully caressed her. Her moan in his ear made him go faster curling his finger against her hood. She jerked as he touched her spot, kissing him on the lower jaw. He liked that…like that shit a lot so he did it again and again, as she held onto him kissing him around his neck. A female kissing her male lycan like that was a sign of submitting but also a sign of worshipping her lover as opposed as baring her neck in signs of aggression. Ulrich knew that Sabine had no clue but it sure as hell didn’t curb the effects on him.

 

He pushed a second finger in her, trying to get her to take the width readying her for what was soon to come. She was uncomfortable at first but sighed as he slowly moved watching her eyes tighten. His dick was straining tight against his pants, wanting her wetness and release. Ulrich decided that if he watched her anymore, he was going to snap. Moans poured from her mouth as her body rocked from his fast fingers. Wiggling them, he could sense her near orgasm. He placed his thumb against her clit and caressed it. Within seconds she came, the next thing that happened blew his mind. Sabine’s hand landed right on his thick shaft and during her hard release, she nearly squeezed him to death. Trying to move from her death grip, he moved ‘it’ within her hands, being so hard and ready, he came, his seed spurting righting into his pants.

 

Sabine heard Ulrich shout as he fell on top of her, shaking and panting. She was confused but hell she didn’t care. She thought that was bliss when he kissed her, she threw that out the window quick. He was the only one that she experienced this with for the first time and she laughed to herself. Ulrich Braun was definitely…something.

 

“Lass, I would want no one else but you” she realized that he was talking about earlier, about not being good enough for him. With a kiss, she smiled.

 

“Me too”

 

The next morning Sabine was dead tired. Ulrich had decided to go two more rounds with her before they actually went to take a shower, separately, and go to bed. She moaned stretching within the sheets as she turned, right where Ulrich should have been. Where was he? As if on cue he came through the door, dressed in all black, a red box, her favorite color, was in his hands. Before he had gotten her gifts but they were extremely small usually holding diamond earrings or necklaces.

 

“What is that?” she asked with excited curiousness.

 

Ulrich sat next to her as she quickly crawled to him, ignoring the slight soreness. Her hand grazed along the black bow of the box, mischief sparkled in her eyes. Ulrich swatted her hand away before she was able to even ‘accidentally’ pull the bow…like the other times.

 

“Do you want to know what is in this box” he asked.

 

“You know I do!”

 He ignored her and she rolled her eyes, playing along with his games. “Yes, I want to know what’s in the box”  

“Then tell me who likes you more than cobbler and steaks”

 

She laughed. “You do”

 

“You promise for whatever is in this box to accept and cherish and care for”

 

Sabine stilled. He never said that one before. “Yes”

 

With a smile, he handed her the box and with excited glee, he watched her as she tore into it as a child did on Christmas. When she took the top off, Sabine gasped taking the small puppy from the box with a bright red bow wrapped around his heavy belly.

 

“Oh my god! Thank you” she kissed him repeatedly. “Thank you thank you thank you!”

 

Sabine whispered happily to the black pup as it burrowed itself against the heat of her chest with little whimpers.

 

“It has taken a liking to you” he said.

 

His eyes widened when Sabine jumped on him cradling the pet against them as she rained kisses all over him. Her free hand ran through his hair and he slightly closed his eyes from the pleasure.

 

God, I love you

 

His eyes flashed open. Did he hear what he thought he had just heard? Sabine probably hadn’t noticed that she even said it as she cooed the baby pup. Ulrich got up from the bed, pulling her body near his.

 

“What did you just say?” turning her face near his.

 

She cocked her head. “What are you talking about?”

 

“You told me you loved me, Sabine, I heard you”

 

Her eyes widened. “I didn’t mean to say that out loud!”

 

“How long have you loved me?” his face set seriously.

 

She stuttered. “I don’t know, I didn’t want to say it out loud, since you hadn’t said it to me so I kept it to myself but obviously that’s gone down the drain.”

 

Instead of laughing, his eyes sparked. “there’s plenty more in my heart for your love, a whole eternity, but actually it has given me the chance to do what I have wanted to do for the past couple of days”

 

“What?” she asked.

 

Sabine watched as Ulrich went to the floor, on one knee. Her eyes widened as he pulled a small box from his breast pocket, opening it to show a beautiful sapphire ring.

 

“Sabine, will you marry me”

 

 

reunited by Variety
Author's Notes:

not entirely happy with the chapter but bope you like it!!

Sebastian sighed as he swallowed largely from his drink. This week had been a hell of week, one he would not want to repeat. Since the announcement of his brother’s marriage 3 months ago, Balmoral had been in an uproar. Sabine and Ulrich wanted their wedding in the spring so his father Aiden had immediately called for the planners and everything after that had been chaos. Earlier today, Ulrich and he was quickly shoved into a room and literally stripped to take their measurements. Through all the commands and such, the measurements were cut short when Ulrich heard Sabine shrieking.

 

Within a blink of an eye, Ulrich ran from the room naked as he rescued his fiancée from the flock of wedding planners ready to strip and measure her as well. Sebastian already knew that Ulrich would be protective over her, especially when she was going to be heavy with his bairn. As the two had waltzed back to their room, Ulrich’s ass still imprinted in his head, Sebastian shuddered, snuck off and decided to take a momentary drink.

 

The first time he had saw Sabine, he wondered where in the hell the gorgeous beauty had come from. She was dressed simple so he had just assumed that she was a new servant. Her dark skin and almond shaped eyes with those sinfully curved lips had him pumping, but unknown to her, Ulrich’s scent was wafting around her so…he backed off. Taking another swig, he placed it on the tray of a passing servant. She blushed when he charmingly smiled at her and the servant left in a rush.

 

He was happy for his brother, he really was. Ulrich was the eldest, more reserved and collected. It was only a few times he had seen his anger snap and that time presented itself, everyone knew to run for cover. Though not many things would make his brother lose his mind like that. The two was a nice couple, though he was sure that Sabine would loosen up after a couple of years. Sebastian was also excited that maybe soon he would be an uncle with little ankle biters hanging on his leg by tooth and nail. He wasn’t worried about their bloodline, He was sure that Sabine would be lycan by the time Ulrich was spitting his seed…hopefully.

 

As Sebastian stared out from the balcony, a heady scent filled his nose, his golden eyes rolled as he realized that Ulrich and Sabine were rolling about in the sheets today…again. He scoffed, wondering how in the hell Ulrich got around telling him that he was a horny lad when he himself couldn’t keep his hands off Sabine for two minutes. He cocked his head, though with an arousing smell like that, he probably wouldn’t be able to do the same. Whoa…Sebastian shook his head. Whenever he thought about laying with a female out of the blue that was a sure sign that he needed to get laid. He arched an eyebrow turning around, now where’s that servant girl?

 

0o0

 

Sabine let out a wrenching pleasure filled scream as she held on fast to Ulrich’s hair between her legs. Her legs quivered as he plunged his tongue in and out of her, teasing her over the edge. What in the world was he doing to her these days? Ulrich wanted her privately to himself all night and sometimes during the day! She had refused doing those things outside of his room, his little devilish smile sent chills down her side when she remembered his little come-on in the gardens yesterday. It didn’t bother her though, he showered her with attention, carrying her over little puddles and feeding her at night with little treats. He even bought her that lovely puppy; she still hadn’t gotten over the excitement.

 

She licked her lips as her rushed breath dried them. Sabine heard him chuckle and lick his lips as he towered over her, his thick bands of arm muscle beside her head. Placing a kiss on her neck, Sabine arched into him, rolling him over so that she was on top. In the position, she felt so bare even though her clothes remained on. Ulrich’s bulge pressed hard into her and she could feel each of his raging pulse. Swallowing down her sudden nervousness, she eased back and inched her hand lower unbuttoning his pants.

 

“What are you doing?” her wrists were held immobile.

 

“I want to do the same for you” she cocked her head. “Will you not let me?”

 

He shook his dark hair. “This is all about you Sabine, it won’t be until our wedding night that we will explore further”

 

She pouted, noticing his sweet little smile. “You do this almost everyday but…you haven’t had sex since we got engaged”

 

“I won’t have intercourse with you before our wedding night and I have great control” he stood buttoning up his pants. “I want you to go and bathe; I have another surprise for you”

 

Her eyebrow arched. “Again…you know I should be bored with all the gifts you give me but you get me every time but I have a feeling that I am going to love this”

 

“You will never know if you don’t get into that bath, I won’t show you until then”

 

Sabine lightly slapped his arm before jumping up and kissing his cheek. She ran off to the bathroom and closed it behind her. Ulrich heard the water running and sighed, sinking onto the bed. His raging hard on was hella painful maybe he should have had her to stroke him to fulfillment. But he wanted their wedding night to be something she would remember, so he was going to have to wait until she get out of the shower to go and please himself just as he did every day.

 

He smoothed down his shirt before leaving the room to find Aiden talking to one of the planners. Ulrich looked out the window to see the stone archway outside being lavishly decorated with drapes and trinkets. So had the grass been clothed in a single flowered path with the ocean view crashing behind the arch way. Sabine had fell in love with the view and wished to be married there, right in front of their home. Ulrich had never felt happier than that moment.

 

“My son” Aiden called to him.

 

Ulrich turned around to see his father stand beside him. Aiden wore a proud smile; the excitement of actually having grandchildren was what was really getting to him. His father wanted grandsons to teach how to fight and be a man, and granddaughters to smother with little dolls and tea sets. Helene was worse, she had already started buying diapers, baby toys, and clothes and storing them in her little ‘baby gift’ room.

 

“In two days you will be a married man, my son, how do you feel”

 

Like his heart was about to rip from his chest. “Since now we haven’t heard of a vampire attack in months, that’s one less stress off my mind. I actually feel nervous for the upcoming days”

 

Aiden laughed. “Believe me son; your married life will be full of worry and stress, definitely when the children start to come”

 

“What do you mean” his father crossed his arm and leaned against the wall. His golden eyes bore into him.

 

“Marriage or mating for that matter isn’t all happy and easy to cut through like butter; you have to work at it, and have patience…and as for the bairns, your level of protection and paranoia will sky rocket and have your eyes on every movement they make. The feeling is almost just as strong as your protection over your mate”

 

And what a feeling it was. “Do you truly love Sabine”

 

Ulrich nodded. “Yes I do” these few months of his life were the best and he couldn’t wait to enjoy more with Sabine.

 

“Enough to die for her?”

 

Ulrich eyes hardened. “Aye”

 

Aiden smiled then patted his son’s shoulder. “Then you will do fine, although I have a few pointers for you. If she asks if she looks fat in anything, don’t hesitate don’t even utter another word than no then tell her that you mean it. If she feels a bit intimidated or jealous by another female lycan, show her that she is the only one that you think about and breathe”

 

He arched an eyebrow. “If she knows I love her then-

 

Aiden shook his head. “Action speaks louder than words my son; take heed, it goes a lot farther than you think and plus, if she ever comes crying to me about you mistreating her, I’ll beak ya jaw, because your mother and I taught you better than that”

 

Ulrich stood in disbelief as he father nudged him in the arm and walked away. I can’t believe it…Ulrich smiled. Sabine has turned her own father against him and he wouldn’t hold it past Aiden to actually come break a bone. His word was never false.

 

That spicy scent filled his nose and his blue eyes turned to his door to see his fiancé come from their room. She wore a dark blue shimmer silk dress with the sides in a high slit. Gold bangles adorned her wrists and ears. Ulrich had finally gotten her to wear some new clothes, those fit for a queen, yet he was still working on letting that hair loose again.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” her curvy mouth uttered.

 

Heat flamed his body going straight to his groin and in a flash, Ulrich had her over his shoulder making a beeline for the room. Sabine pummeled his back as she struggled, yelping when he smacked her ass.

 

“Ulrich No! I just took a shower!”

 

No one was able to hear her yell out as he shut the bedroom door behind him.

 

Four hours later Ulrich and Sabine finally came from their room. She rubbed her eyes as Ulrich closed the door behind him, wrapping his hand around her waist. She stumbled over his feet, muttering. He smiled down at her as she blinked the sleep away at her eyes, yawning. Earlier when he had come back to the room, he was between her legs for a complete hour and a half tonguing her little core repeatedly into ecstasy. Sabine was angry that she had to retake another bath and refused his offer to bathe her. She had got out twenty minutes later, dressed and slumped on the bed. Ulrich leaned over and lightly kissed her ear as she sighed and when he finished his bath. The wee woman was asleep and he let her have a few hours to herself.

 

Now he had to wake her up and when Sabine was sleepy, she had not a care in the world what was going on around her. When they walked down the hall, she took the wrong turn and he lightly drawn her back, lifting her by the waist as they took the stairs. He knew that she hated that but he liked it so…she was going to have to deal with it. Setting her back on her feet, Sabine huffed and leaned sleepily on his arm.

 

“Sabine you have to wake up” he urged shaking his arm.

 

“It’s your fault I feel so tired!” She whispered angrily

 

He felt bad…well not really but he had something special to show her and it wasn’t going to wait all night.

 

“I promise to massage you all morning, just how you like it, if you just do this one thing for me”

 

That got her attention, just slightly. She opened her eyes and they blinked tiredly but she stood straighter, walking just like a queen. Ulrich led her to the grand room and opened it. As the door opened, Sabine went from tired to eyes bulging madly.

 

Barret, her father stood in the middle of the room, smiling tiredly as well. “Surprise”

 

Photobucket

 

Quicker than he, Sabine shot from him and ran towards her father, crushing him in a hug. He staggered on his cane as a slight pain filtered through him but Ulrich saw that he quickly swallowed it down and hugged his daughter back. Sabine began to cry and something pinched at Ulrich’s chest as she sunk onto the sofa desperately holding his hand. His blue eyes scanned the father, smelling the effects of the disease that had done irreparable damage to his body. His brown skin was no longer healthy but a slight grayish tone to it. Barret’s lips were thin and crusted, his eyes down slanted and lightly yellowed, wisps of hair clung to his head. He was not going to survive long, that they both knew but he wouldn’t be able to bear to see the pain and sadness Sabine would experience.

 

“I’ll leave you two alone” he said closing the door.

 

“Ulrich wait! I haven’t introduced-

 

Barret cut her off. “It’s fine, me and Ulrich have already had a meaningful conversation together, quite amusing”

 

Ulrich nodded as Sabine turned to him. “It’s true, now I’ll be nearby if you need me”

 

Sabine nodded and mouthed ‘thank you’ before he completely shut the door behind him. He sighed not knowing what he was going to do with his time until he finally decided to go and have a shot of whisky.

 

Sabine quickly wiped her tears away as her father sat smiling in front of her. He looked worse than the last time she saw him and wondered if he was feeling okay. Suddenly she remembered that she had no contact with him for almost two months.

 

She gasped. “I’m sorry father that I haven’t come visit you, I just been so busy, I feel so bad that-

 

“Hush, you are fine Sabine. Your finally are living a life of your own. That is the only thing I’m worrying about for now.”

 

She nodded. “What about your condition, are you faring any better”

 

“look at me, Sabine…the help that Aiden provided has been exquisite but…I’m too far gone, I can’t even stand on my own anymore” he said as he held up the cane. “And most of the times I can’t even stand at all”

 

Sabine burst out in tears. How could she be so selfish? Her father was hurting and in unbearable pain and here, she was trying to be in love and marrying an immortal when her father needed her most.

 

“Sabine Evan Rosewood” Barret said sternly.

 

She slightly smiled as he scolded her. He only said her full name whenever she berated herself liked what she just did. It was as if he had a beacon going off for every time she did that.

 

“Stop blaming yourself for something that cannot be helped. My condition is nothing for you to bear. You have helped me as best as you can and I told myself thousands of times to send you off and to go have a life of your own. I want that as my dying wish, Sabine”

 

She straightened up and wiped her eyes, she was ruining the kohl lining on her eyes. Nodding her head in understanding, even though she refused to. “I just…I don’t want you to die. You’re the only person I have and I can’t bear to lose you father. I need your help through this”

 

He held her chin looking into his deep brown eyes, so weak and so tired but they was filled with strong determination he never lost.

 

“I’m sorry, Sabine but my body might give out at any time.” His voice cracked at that. “I won’t be there to help you through your marriage or to see your children, but Aiden and Helene will”

 

Sabine narrowed her eyes. “It’s not the same …

 

“Yes it is. When I’m gone, let Aiden be the father that you need and Helene be the mother you never knew. Ulrich is a nice man; a lot different from what I expected him to be…he loves you, Sabine and I know you love him too.”

 

She felt like crying again but quickly held herself in. Barret stood wobbling on his cane and she felt a little tear slip.

 

“Now, I’m a bit tired and full from the large meal Aiden sent me” he lied because he barely ate anything today. “I am going back to my guest room and have a nice long sleep”

 

Sabine nodded wiping her runny nose. She carefully walked him to the door and when it opened, she saw Ulrich ready and waiting. She could smell the welcoming scent of the whiskey he drinked and she didn’t mind wanting to go a drink a full bottle of it, just to numb the pain.

 

When Ulrich saw the grand hall door open, he saw Barret’s face awash in silent pain and tiredness. Sabine’s was blank, her dark eyes awash in red. She had been crying and it wasn’t from happiness. They stopped and Barret sighed in a long breath.

 

“I would like Ulrich to take me to my room; I have a few words for him” he said to Sabine.

 

She nodded and softly kissed her father on the head. Her hand lazily went limp as Ulrich took her father’s arm and started him down the hall.

 

“Daddy” she called out.

 

Barret turned and Ulrich’s heart broke at the scene. Sabine looked sad and scared like a five year old child lost in the world. Despite her being of age and about to be married, Sabine was still his little girl.

 

Barret and Sabine stood staring at each other. A minute passed when Sabine forced out an ‘I love you’ before rushing up the stairs. He could hear her running to their room but along the way there, she hadn’t cried.

 

The old man sighed. “Tonight did not go as expected as I have liked to”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well I gave you my blessings, that went right but I’m still worried about Sabine, She’s still not grasping what I’m trying to do for her”

 

Ulrich nodded hold the man up as the passed some stairs. “What do you expect? I don’t know how long you have had this disease but she has, you are the only person she has”

 

Barret waved his hand. “She has been like that since her mother died, although she doesn’t remember much. Sabine never talks about it but after losing her mother, she has had a fear that I will go away as well. When she got older, she understood the cycle of life and death but never expected me to become sick while she was still so young, Sabine finished school but never had friends…she stayed home to give me medicine and change my soiled sheets. At first, I never thought of it, I needed all the help I needed but later I saw that as her life passed by tending to me, I was soon to be dead, then how would she fare with the world with no real knowledge of it”

 

Ulrich nodded, completely understanding “You could have sent her away to a family friend”

 

Barret swiftly shook his head. “I don’t trust those bastards as far as I could throw them. Every man or young boy I encountered looked at Sabine as if she was a piece of meat. I couldn’t send her away looking as she did; her mother cursed and blessed her with those looks, Sabine would get hurt… in more ways than one.”

 

Ulrich nodded in total understanding. Sabine was an attractive lass yet she was too naïve to know what would happen to her if she ventured off by herself without the right protection. His body began to light on fire already, if any man or immortal dare step to her and touch what was his, there was going to be a lot of blood and bones ripped and shed.

 

“I will be her protection, she will need to know no fear with me” he said proudly, his claws ready to rip.

 

“I know and that is why I know I can die without worrying about her safety” Ulrich stopped outside of Barret’s room door.

 

“Be true to my daughter, Ulrich. I am proud that she has someone to truly love her and hold no faults against her.” Barret’s eyes watered for the first time. “I have come to terms with my condition and I humbly wait to die so that I can watch my daughter live from the heavens above”

 

Ulrich bowed. “I respect you Barret, it is a shame you don’t have more time”

 

The old man wiped his eyes and said flat out. “It is but know one thing. If you ever cause my baby girl any harm or discomfort, I’ll haunt your ass for the rest of your eternity”

 

Barret quickly smiled before it faltered and he tiredly opened and closed his door. What was it with fathers today to threaten him about his fiancée? Sabine…Using his quick speed, he stood in front his door in no less than a second. He slowly opened it to see, Sabine lying on the bed with her night gown on. He glanced at his dresser to see a half bottle of new whiskey…gone.

 

Sensing that she was still wake but not moving, Ulrich peeled off his jacket and undershirt along with his shoes. The bed quietly groaned as he crawled towards her, taking in her slow breathing chest.

 

“Sabine”

 

She opened her eyes that looked so black in the dark, the smell of whiskey on her tongue. If it had been any other day, he would have scolded her for it, not wanting that to sour her good nature. Ulrich went under the sheets and held her small hand. They stared at each other in silence, talking in silence. Sabine was the first to break their gaze as she turned and curled against him. He wrapped his arm around her, shielding her against his chest; it wasn’t long before they both drifted to sleep.

wedding by Variety
Author's Notes:
i'm sorry to my fellow readers, i've been lazy dealing with a new job and my graphic design class, like i know how to crosshatch pictures lol but for my oh so laziness, i have the next chapter up and ready for you. happy ready ^_^

Sabine stood in a large mirror; her brown eyes scanned the sea of white on her body. Black kohl had been lined on her eyes, with a shimmery dust that covered her eyelids and her lips were colored a tinted pink. As Sabine looked at her shoulder length hair in soft curls and the white veil on her head, she realized this was it. She was actually getting married.

 

“Oh, Sabine! You look so beautiful” Helene said standing behind her, smiling brightly.

 

Her soon to be mother in law was dressed in a long soft pink dress that complimented well with her long blonde hair and fair complexion. She didn’t know if she would have survived today without Helene. Unfortunately, yesterday morning when Sabine had risen early, her father Barret had died in his sleep. It was a hit to her because she never expected him to leave so quickly. She cried but it wasn’t from losing him. Barret was in a better place where he was healthy and happy, and that was all Sabine wanted for him.

 

A small funeral was held for her father although she, Ulrich and Aiden only attended, being the only ones who had known him. Ulrich had offered to postpone the wedding but Sabine disagreed. Her father’s dying wish was for her to live on and she was going to respect that.  

 

“My hands are shaking” She held them up for Helene to see.

 

The woman laughed, gently holding them still.

 

“The same thing happened to me; Aiden had to hold me as we said our vows”

 

Sabine smiled fondly. “You can still remember that day after 600 years?”

 

Helene nodded. “It was the best day of my life…I’m sure another few centuries down the road you’ll remember it as if it was yesterday as well”

 She ran her slim hand over Sabine’s dress again, commenting her and smiling in the mirror. The sound of music started and Sabine’s heart began to flutter and she took a deep breath. I wish my father were here… 

“Ummm… There is something I would like to ask…about tonight” She nervously nibbled her lip.

 

Helene shook her head. “Don’t ruin your lipstick darling…and about tonight, there is no need to worry, Ulrich will make you feel as comfortable as possible”

 

Sabine nodded taking in the information. There was a small knock on the door and Helene answered it. Aiden strolled inside and Sabine stood from her chair, smiling happily.

 

“You look beautiful” He complimented kissing her cheek.

 

“Thank you….so I guess this is it, are you ready?”

 

“I think the question should be asked the other way around, although I am honored to walk you down the aisle, I know Barret would be proud of you”

 

She smiled, resisting the urge to tear up.

 

Aiden held out his arm, ready to walk her down the aisle. Taking a deep breath Sabine took the bouquet of roses from Helene and proceeded outside.

 

0o0

 

As the minister talked from his bible, Ulrich was all eyes for his Sabine. She looked beautiful; the wedding dress was to her ankles, in a long white train. Her shoulders were bare and white gloves adorned her hands. Unknown to her, Ulrich could see her face perfectly fine through her veil and she was nibbling her bottom lip. Those brown eyes looked up at him adoringly with love.

 

“You may now say your vows” The old minister said nodding slightly to Ulrich.

 

Grasping Sabine’s hand in his own, he took a deep breath kissing her knuckles.

 

“I, Ulrich Daniel Braun, take you, Sabine Evan Rosewood, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.”

 

Ulrich could see that her eyes were starting to brim with her tears. She inhaled, rapidly blinking to hold them back.

 I, Sabine Evan Rosewood, promise Ulrich Daniel Braun to love him without reservation, honor and respect you, provide for your needs as best I can, comfort you in times of distress, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.” 

The minister nodded. “And you may now seal the promises you have made with each other with a kiss.”

 

Ulrich lifted the veil from over Sabine’s face, grinning like a happy fool. Putting his hand on her waist, he drew her closer and kissed her. The sound of claps, howls and yells was heard as he tasted his little queen, couldn’t possibly wait for tonight, much less for their secret vacation he planned.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the loving couple, our King and Queen Ulrich and Sabine Braun” The now married couple went out and greeted the friends and family hand in hand.  

 

0o0

 

Three hours later, Ulrich and Sabine went back to their rooms and the party downstairs was still going on. Sabine had gone to their room first and prepared herself for tonight. Ulrich stayed behind and said a few goodbyes to his closer friends and family.

 

When Ulrich closed the door behind him, the smell of Sabine’s nervousness filled the room. She was no where to be found as he turned to the bed, replaced with traditional sheets of their clan symbol. He took off his jacket, along with his undershirt and shoes. When he unbuttoned his pants, the bathroom door opened.

 

His jaw went slack when Sabine stepped into their bedroom, wearing the most sinful night gown he had seen. It was completely see through white; the shape of her nipples and the dark curls of her sex were very evident to see. Her dark hair was loose and tousled about her shoulders; shimmery dust was powdered on her skin.

 

“Damn…” he whispered.

 

Sabine smiled nervously before covering her breasts. “It was the best thing I could find, but everything was so…visible”

 

He’d be sure to fill her closet full of them. Ulrich walked towards her, his towering frame stood over hers as he moved her arms from her breast. Leaning down he swept her lips in a kiss, tasting her sweet cavern and tongue. She slightly moaned, her shoulders slumped in relaxation as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He let out a light growl as he moved the straps of her gown down, caressing her soft shoulders. Every time he savored her skin, it was so tasteful like a little dessert he wouldn’t mind eating all day long. Going to her shoulders, he placed soft kisses there as Sabine ran her hands through his hair.

 

Through the all the times he had sex with other women, none had sent through him an excitement like this. Sabine responded so deeply to his touches, gasps from when he kissed her neck, sighs of contentment when he stroked her shoulders. He had a feeling that he wanted…no, needed to make this night a dream for her, love her as if it was their last.

 

“I want this off, Sabine” he said and warned as he placed his hands on her dress, ready to snatch it off her.

 

Her dark eyes glowed a golden color from the lit candles as she nodded, but walked back away from his touch. It was no more than a second when Ulrich eyes went black with uncontrollable lust. Sabine slowly began to take off her dress, while maintaining eye contact with him. it was a bold move he did not expect from her, but maybe all these months were beginning to become unbearable for her too. Each piece of her delicious body was being uncovered at a torturing rate. His black eyes surveyed her body as the white pooled at her feet. Her brown globes were perfect in shape, her dark husky nipples beckoned to be licked. Soft and smooth skin of her stomach and waist fanned out to her wide hips, ready to be gripped as he fed his cock into her.

 

“You are so fucking beautiful” Ulrich licked his lips as he went for her breasts.

 

Sabine gasped, a jolt connected between her legs. She couldn’t believe how calm she was. Well, she was a little nervous but Ulrich was gentle and slow in his pace. she had nothing to be afraid of.

 

He hungrily looked at her globes and palmed them, gently rubbing his fingers over her nipples. She gasped overwhelmed by the pleasure she felt as he sucked one into his mouth, rolling the little bud with his tongue. With the other, he took his hand and rolled it between his fingers, making Sabine purr for him. She felt his wet mouth and tongue swirling around her peak. He gently bit down and she moaned, arching her back.

 

Ulrich looked up at her to see that Sabine’s eyes were closed. He continued to suckle and bite until her breath began to accelerate. He took his hand and dipped it, running it along her inner thigh. Her eyes slightly opened to find him staring at her as he traveled higher and higher until he reached her wet area.

 

Before he slipped a finger inside, Sabine clamped her leg closed.

 

“You know it’s quite rude when you still have all your clothes on and I’m here stark naked”

 

He smiled as he stood, towering over her again. When his hand returned to his buttons, he slowly unbuttoned them letting the pants pool at his feet. Sabine eyes widened as her hand covered her mouth. You’d think she had never saw a naked man before…Ulrich considered the thought as her nervousness returned, tenfold. Returning to her, he whispered small words of comfort to her as he picked her up by her bottom, walking towards their bed.

 

Their bodies lowered together as the silk sheets twisted around their bodies. Ulrich was kissing Sabine sensing how relax she had become. He placed kisses along her jaw line, licking little spots on her neck. She giggled a bit, curling her legs around his hips. He kissed lower, ignoring the pulse of his groin as he nibbled her breasts, molding them in his hands. Lower he traveled until his head was between her legs, with a kiss on her inner thigh, Ulrich licked her soft folds before plunging his tongue in her.

 

“Oh......” Sabine arched her hips from the bed, grabbing a hand full of his hair in her hands.

 

Ulrich went slow, torturing her but he wanted her wet enough to take in his length. Her first time with something so large would not be easy but he wanted her to feel as less pain as he could provide.

 

Filling her with his thick fingers and setting his tongue on her clit. It didn’t take long for Sabine to release, her legs clenching around his head. He acted fast moving her legs wide as he settled between them. Sabine was still in the throes of orgasm when he pushed his wide head into her. He slid in further, controlling himself not to thrust inside her. Not at least yet.

 

Sabine let out a painful groan as he filled her, her walls felt so tight, so perfect.

 

“I tried to lessen the pain” Ulrich said through his teeth, caressing her legs and hips.

 

His love’s brown eyes closed. “I love you”

 

Their lips connected as he started to move his hips, drawing delicious moans from the female below him. From her sheath, he could feel the immense pleasure and slight pain as he drove his cock on and on. Sabine nibbled his neck and ears as she clung onto his wide shoulders moving herself against him.

 

“Harder” she whispered. “Take me harder”

 

He answered with a growl, the animalistic side of him more than happy to oblige. Sliding out of her to move her legs atop his shoulders, Ulrich slid back in; they both groaned at how deep he could penetrate at the angle. Dull fingernails raked down his thighs as he sat on his haunches driving madly into the warm wetness. Her cries were louder, her back arched, and her hands twisted in the sheets each time he filled her to the brim, Ulrich was however the same as well. He grunted and groaned as he could feel his release coming but he held onto it, not finishing before his female was completely satisfied.

 

With another thrust, she came screaming his name to the heavens. Ulrich leaned over her, her legs almost forced over her shoulders. Within the next series of hard thrusts, forgetting what he told himself, he released his seed, letting out a low snarl that seemed to echo throughout their room.

 

A few seconds later, he collapsed beside her, wrapping his large arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

 

“Oh god, Sabine…that was” he chuckled, wiping a sheen a sweat from his chest.

 

She sighed, admiring his hard abs. “I absolutely feel the same way”

 

His dark hair fell over her shoulder, breathing on her skin. “I think I like my arousing smell on you, kind of sexy don’t you think”

 

“Sounds pretty animalistic, even for a werewolf” she said gazing up at him.

 

He grunted still panting from his release. “Don’t worry; the day when you decide to become lycan, my scent will be imprinted in yours, a warning for any males that take ten feet near you”

 

Sabine leaned on her elbows. “How about today…right now”

 

That got Ulrich’s attention. “You mean…you…want the change”

 

She nodded then frowned…”if you really didn’t want…”

 

“No…I mean yes but along with the transformation I want you to be my eternal mate, might as well get the two done together while I enjoy you all night”

 

Sabine smiled as Ulrich kissed her happily but her confusion arose when he turned her on her stomach drawing her to her knees.

 

“What are you doing” she asked looked back at him.

 

A lock of hair fell over his forehead as he looked to be staring at her buttocks. “This position is ritual among lycan” he gripped her ass and softly palmed it, and then he slapped it.

 

“Ow! Is spanking part of the ritual too!” she yelled glaring back at him.

 

His eyes shifted from black and bright blue as he smiled crookedly. “Sorry, but I’m really craving this view of you, this does a lot to a male in my shoes”

 

Sabine snorted as she felt oddly exposed in front of him like this. His big body was close behind hers as she could feel his length pulsing on her cheek. He placed his cock at her entrance and her arousal increased as she felt him lay soft kisses on her lower back, nipping at her buttocks with his fine teeth. The bed sunk as Ulrich leaned over her slim back taking her lips in a full heated kiss. Just before he moved his hips forward, the door was suddenly thrown open. Sabine yelled out in embarrassment trying to cover herself as Sebastian walked in…with body full of armor. Ulrich cursed loudly shielding Sabine’s rump as he narrowed his eyes at his brother.

 

Sebastian turned his gaze slightly and spoke in Gaelic. “I am sorry my brother but we have company, an army of vampires are attacking Balmoral as we speak, get dressed”

 

Sabine moved the pillow from over her face, red with embarrassment. “What was so important that he had to barge in here like that” noting that her mood was utterly ruined.

 

Her question was answered when the sound of heavy footsteps ran past their room. She clutched at his arm as she strained to hear the racket. A large blast sounded from the side of the castle and from the hard shake, Sabine could only guess that something had hit the towering castle, which meant only one thing.

 

“Are we being attacked!” she said trying to roll Ulrich off of her.

 

He ignored her and quickly left from the bed. He tossed her the white gown on the floor and she quickly put it on. As she tried to stand from the bed, another blast hit the castle and she fell to the floor, the ground shook like a massive earthquake.

 

She felt herself being picked up and placed back on the bed.

 

“Stay here”

 

He left her on the bed and she wrapped herself back in the sheets. What was going on? It seemed like all of a sudden things went from good to bad. Why would anybody attack them? She remembered that Ulrich and Aiden often closed themselves up in the room or talked in Gaelic, what they talked about was a mystery to her but she had a feeling it was relative to this.

 

A couple of seconds went by and the sound of fighting could be heard. Sabine quickly got off the bed and climbed on top of the dresser to look out of the large window. She gasped as she saw hundreds of soldiers out on the rocky cliff, many bodies were lying still on the ground, and she had a feeling that they weren’t going to get back up.

 

Out on the night field lit by torches, the army of lycans was tooth and nail against their enemy. Sabine narrowed her eyes when she saw one of the enemies disappear out of thin air. Where did he go? Suddenly just as quick, he reappeared and cut the lycan’s head off.

 

“They can disappear?” she asked turning back to Ulrich.

 

Sabine looked at him up and down as he finished dressing. Hard plates of his armor covered his arms, chest, and legs; important parts of his body that was key in protecting himself. He placed his head gear on the table as he grabbed his sword.

 

“Sabine. I want you to stay in this room, do not leave or open it for whatever reason until I come for you myself.”

 

“You’re seriously not going out there are you?” she asked, bolting out of the bed.

 

Ulrich clasped his sword to his hip. “I have to Sabine, I may be king but I have to protect my land not cower inside this room.”

 

The point was that she didn’t want him to go; the image of the vampire vanishing like that scared her. What if that happened to Ulrich and that was something she didn’t want to think about.

 

“But I…What if you get hurt-

 

“I will be fine” he answered offhandedly. 

 

Sabine stomped her feet angrily, “Stop being so nonchalant about it!”

 

His blue eyes narrowed angrily. “Dammit, Sabine! You think I don’t know how you feel! The possibility that I won’t come back to you!”

 

“Then don’t go” she persisted. This was their wedding night…

 

He sighed taking a small blade from his side. “Here, take this…do you remember how to use it?”

 

From the little training, yes, but she doubted it would last against any one of them besides a human. Sabine silently stared at the blade before nodding and taking it in her hand.

 “Promise me that everything will be okay…that you will return back to me” tell me so I won’t cry… 

 When she looked back up at Ulrich, he kissed her, hard. She knew it was a way for him to show how he felt, when he let go Sabine saw the bedroom door closing behind him. She sighed, looking about the lonely room as the battle continued outside.

 

The next hour was excruciating for her. Sabine peeked out of the window in search of her husband and almost mate. She was serious in her answer about becoming a lycan; she loved him and wanted to spend eternity with him, Sabine was sure that Ulrich felt the same way.

 

Her eyes scanned the battlefield, since the past hour she had only seen Ulrich twice, stabbing and gutting his enemies in a flash. It was pretty disgusting but the ferociousness he emitted for protecting her was strangely…attractive. Sebastian crossed her eye sights for the first time and she sighed in relief, at least he was still was alive.

 

She nervously glanced back at the bedroom door. Do not leave or open it for whatever reason until I come for you myself. She remembered Ulrich saying to her but she wanted to know how Helene was doing. No…she was supposed to stay here, Helene was a full grown lycan that could take care of herself. Sabine slid from the window and walked back to the bed. A cold sharp shiver ran up her back and she gasped turning around.

 A man was leaning against the wall behind her; his black eyes were lifeless and cold. He was tall at just about Ulrich’s height. He wore all black, had black straight hair to his shoulder, one would think he was handsome but with all the black, he looked like death. Sabine took a step back wondering how in the world he had gotten inside the bedroom. A vampire… 

The male was still staring at her, not moving his eyes once or anything. Okay…

 

“Um…how did you get in here”  Oh! stupid question.

 

Again nothing. Then what did he want?

 

“Your question is not important” his voice was deep, rough and not warming to her at all.

 

“I suggest you tell me what is” she replied without thinking.

 

The vampire smirked then moved from the wall and went to a sculpture in the corner of the room. Based on how far away he was, Sabine figured she could get to the door easily and scream her head off. Ulrich would hear her and come running to save her.

 

“It would not be in your best interest to run for that door, I would catch you before you even take a single step”

 

Could he read her mind? Sabine fearfully shivered as the vampire bore his black eyes into her. Then they dropped staring at her body. She hissed covering herself as she realized that she had on the gown. No wonder he was staring at her so hard. Her anger was rising at the audacity. Sabine glanced at the switchblade she left on the dresser across the bed…on the other side of the room.

 

“Now” the vampire knocked the sculpture over, it crashed into little pieces, rolling to her feet. “That choice will get you killed”

 

Just be as polite as possible and maybe he wouldn’t hurt her just yet….distract him. “I’m just confused as to why you are here and not out…there”

 

The vampire narrowed his eyes at her as if she had no right to question him. “It doesn’t matter…my men know their purpose and when the right time comes I will make my move”

 

The battle was a diversion “But that doesn’t tell me why you are here…with me” she already knew the answer but every second she lightly backed near the blade on the table.  

 

He stilled for a while cocking his head. “I came here to kill you; it would weaken the new king but now that I have seen you with my own eyes…I have other uses in mind”

 

Sabine stiffened in fear as his eyes suddenly rimmed red. Just when his body stiffened to lunge at her, Sabine dived onto the bed, crawling desperately for the blade. A grip tightened on her already weakened ankle and she cried out when her hand knocked against the knife, sliding it completely out of her reach. She turned and kicked the vampire in the face; it barely did anything as he grabbed her by the neck and slid her down to him as his teeth pierced her neck.

 

She cried out at the pain and felt she couldn’t move her body, even her voice was not heard. There was scratching at the bedroom door as Jet began barking, whimpering, trying to dig his way in. Her mouth was shaped in a ‘O’ fashion as her eyes rolled in the back of her head. Sabine could feel him feeding from her, the warm blood leaving her body left a cool jolt through her bones. He was killing her.

 

“Ulrich…” She whimpered. Help me…

 

The vampire smirked, his teeth and mouth coated thickly with her blood. “That dog is no match for me, but it is amusing that your hope lies within that filth, even more disgusting that you bed with it”

 

She couldn’t reply as, the loss of blood was making her shiver. He let go of her neck and she fell against the bed. The vampire hovered above her back and gripped her gown, ripping it completely from her.

 

“A fine vampire you will make” he said as he gazed at her body, then he held up her ripped gown spotted with her blood. “A remaining gift for your lycan to see when he plans to return to you”

 

A whimper escaped her as he returned to her neck, tossing her onto her back. The large amounts of blood he was taking from her drew her closer to death…away from Ulrich. A sea of black covered her eyesight as a lone tear fell across her temple.

   
A mortal no more by Variety
Author's Notes:
the second update today, and for a heads up this is the the last of the first part of the story, hope you enjoyed it so far.

It was a few hours before sunset that the final vampire was killed; Ulrich stood among the bank scanning a crucial eye over the field. Blood coated his armor and sword, a few cuts here and there but nothing life threatening. He commanded his soldiers to take the small few of vampires they had taken hostage into the dungeon below the castle. From his peripheral, Sebastian was taking off his head guard and sheathed his sword, sighing in relief.

 

“Very good, brother. Victory is ours tonight” He said slapping his little brother on the shoulder.

 

Sebastian wiped the small trail of blood from his forehead. “So it seems…but don’t you think this all seemed…unusual”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Punching the dent out of his metal head guard, Sebastian looked around the field. “The vampire army was massive in numbers but the many I came across were not fighting material, some were just newly turned and barely even could hold a sword right”

 

Ulrich nodded, because his words were right. “So you assume that the vampires were a distraction…” distracting them from what…

 

“I really don’t know but it just doesn’t seem right…”

 

Aiden appeared before them, awash in his own battle wounds. “Come on, you two. These bodies need piling before the sun hits. I wouldn’t feel particularly happy for vampire waste all over our grounds”

 

Ulrich and Sebastian nodded, saving the conversation for later. Bending down to toss a body over his shoulder, Ulrich looked up at his bedroom window, the room was still lit…Could Sabine have stayed awake all this time?

 

0o0

 

Pain wracked her body as she whimpered against the bed sheets. She had no clue what was happening to her, she had been in ache since that vampire had fed her his blood. For hours, she wove in and out of consciousness, tremors of pain traveled through her body making her scream endlessly into the night.

 

The vampire that had bit her stood over her, his black eyes bore into hers as another wave swept over her and her back arched from the pain. His lifeless eyes scanned her naked skin; bindings had only covered her breasts and the apex of her thighs. A massive headache began to start and she gasped clawing at her mouth as her teeth felt like it was being ripped out by pliers.

 

“P...please stop…it” Sabine whispered grabbing the vampire by the arm.

 

He didn’t move from her but just kept staring at her. It was fucking frustrating! His pale fingers skimmed along her skin, his eyes sparking in sadistic desire. Where was Ulrich? Why had he not come for her! Did he know that she was gone and that the vampires had taken her? She hoped, prayed that he was going to find her soon. Suddenly her entire body curled, as if the bones began to twist and turn, she lurched off the bed screaming the loudest she had ever done.

 

Sabine was thrown back by strong hands as someone snapped their fingers, the sound echoed through her ears and she gritted her teeth, forcing the sound away. People came rushing from at all sides with ropes as they tied her limbs to the bed post. Sabine didn’t say…couldn’t say anything except for scream. The pain before wasn’t as severe as this, she couldn’t even cry.

 

“It’s almost time” the black haired death said.

 

As the others watched Sabine twist and turn, her mouth fell open, her teeth were slightly reddened from blood, elongating from her gums, and her nails stretched longer, more sharper. Her black hair was loose which had only fell to her shoulders were now longer, lush and soft. With a last painful moan, Sabine fell against the bed, her heart no longer beating.

 

Salvatore crossed to her, his servants quickly backed away; knowing what would happen if they got into his way. After materializing in Ulrich’s room, he planned to kidnap the woman and barter her for Ulrich’s castle but now he was quite pleased that he had made the choice to keep her, He had an eternity to kill Ulrich and take Balmoral from under his foot. He stared down at her, the one that was named Sabine. She was strikingly beautiful, fit to compete against the famed beauties of their coven. Even though his main goal for claiming Balmoral for his own had slightly dissipated, A surge of desire swept through him as he stared at her vulnerable state. Even through all the blood and bruises of her transformation, Salvatore wanted her…now. He was not known to be patient but he would let her rest…he had all the time in the world to have more than just a taste of the vampiress.

 

0o0

 

It was near dawn when they finished piling the dead vampires on the cliff. Ulrich wiped the bit of sweat from his forehead. The morning sun was almost near, the light rays cast the sky in a sea of dark orange, purple and blues. It was always beautiful to him, but now the silhouette of the hill of bodies made the scene numbing, almost eerie.

 

His blue eyes scanned the field seeing the few bodies of his own army being laid to rest. They hadn’t lost too many, He would later pay his respects to the mourning families. Right now, he wanted to take a hot bath and get back to Sabine. The curve of his mouth lifted...Damn, how could he smile at a time like this? His mind drifted back to their room, when they were making love; she had wanted to be his, his beautiful and loving lass. There was nothing in the world he wouldn’t give her, she just had to say the word and it would be hers.

 

Letting out a sigh, the sun began to rise and he took a couple steps back. As the few minutes went by and the tip of the bright rays hit the cliff, the bodies began to burn, slowly turning to ash. Soon the morning breeze picked up and the sun was streaked by grey as the ash sunk down to the crashing waves below.

 

A small shout brought him out of his thoughts as he turned, seeing his mother rush towards them. Her dress created a long trail of white behind her, almost angelic like but the fearful look on her face told him that there was something very wrong. When she was making a beeline for him, he glanced at his father and brother before approaching Helene.

 

“Mother-

 

Helene shook her head. “She’s gone, I can’t find Sabine”

 

Aiden quickly ascended, taking hold of his wife. “What do you mean, did you look around for her in the castle”

 

She nodded furiously. “I sent every servant to look for her, I tried to go inside your room but it was locked and…

 

Ulrich took off in a flash, not hearing his mother’s last words. He knew he had told Sabine not to open her door, but he knew that she would have opened it for his mother. Though she hadn’t responded and that alone set him cold. With his supernatural speed, he crossed the field and entered the castle in five seconds flat. When Ulrich reached his room, he burst through ripping the door handle completely off.

 

“Sabine!” he yelled, his head quickly whipping around the room.

 

Silence replied to him and panic seized him. Footsteps were heard and not long, his father and brother rushed to the room. He checked the bathroom to see that it was spotless; she was no where in the room. Ulrich scented the air, Sabine’s scent, blood and…

 

“Brother”

 

He turned to Sebastian to see him hold a white cloth in his hand, when Ulrich grabbed it, the cloth unfolded to show the bright red marks of blood…Sabine’s blood on her dress. He remembered her having it on when he left. The bastard had ripped it clean off of her. A vampire’s smell was all over it…her tears…she had been naked and crying.

 

Seeded with unbridled anger Ulrich’s eyes turned fully black and his fanged teeth gnashed together, his body began to tremble as if ready to explode as he looked down at his bloody bed. He didn’t want to imagine what she might have gone through…and he wasn’t here to protect her.

 

“GOD DAMN IT!” Ulrich bellowed as he grabbed the post to his bed. The wood splintered and loudly cracked against the side of the wall, crashing the shelves and architecture there to the ground.

 

Ulrich began to tear at the bed, using his sharp claws to rip everything to shreds. His vision began to blur and he realized that he was about to cry…with a resonating growl he forced his tears back and tore away. She was gone…He fucking promised her that he would protect her…return to her.

 

“ULRICH!” Aiden and Sebastian grabbed hold of his arms but angry adrenaline gave Ulrich enough strength to pull them both off of him. He bolted out of the room leaving Aiden and Sebastian in the feathers of his pillows.

 

The prisoners…his beast snarled. Make them talk.

 

The three vampires were crouched in the dark corners when the door was kicked off its hinges and slammed against their cell bar. The tall lycan that stalked to them had also ripped the door to their cell. One of the vampires had tried to be bold enough to escape but his head was quickly cut from his shoulders by sharp claws. The two remaining vampires pressed back into the wall as he towered towards them.

 

Aiden and Sebastian had followed Ulrich and now saw him holding a vampire dangling by its neck.

 

“WHERE IS SHE?” He bellowed tightening his hand.

 

The vampire choked, even though he had no breath, he couldn’t get his words out from the tight grip Ulrich had on him. Ulrich didn’t give the vampire a second chance as he threw him hard into the weak cell wall to the light outside. It gave way and in a wink, the vampire was ash.

 

“Who ordered the attack?” turning to the last vampire.

 

The blonde haired vampire trembled in his place. “A…A man named…J…Jean”

 

Jean? He had never heard of the vampire before but deep down inside Ulrich had a feeling this ‘Jean’ wasn’t the one he was looking for. Then he realized something. Turning the vampire’s neck, he saw two fresh puncture wounds, no more than a couple of hours old.

 

“How long since your transformation?” he coldly asked.

 

The blond vampire blinked in confusion. “I don’t remember anything before last night. Please! I’m sorry for trying to kill your people but I was forced to! They were going to kill me if I didn’t do it!”

 

Ulrich gripped the vampire’s shirt and yanked him up. “You just aided in the kidnapping and possible murder of my wife and you say you’re sorry” his voice was low and menacing. “It’ll be a cold day in hell before I forgive any of you leeches”

 

The vampire eyes widened when Ulrich threw him out the sunny hole as well. Wasting no time at all, he turned to his father and brother.

 

“I want soldiers to scout this entire land from inside and out, it could be a possibility that whoever took Sabine is still on this island. I want reports of any boat or plane sightings and the logs of every inn and vampire sighting for the past five hours”

 

Cutting glares at his father, Aiden only nodded and left. Sebastian looked at him sympathetically before leaving as well. He slumped against the wall, taking in deep breaths. Flashes of Sabine’s face flickered across his mind like a movie, and Ulrich clutched at his head.

 

“I’m sorry” I failed you…

 

0o0

 

Her eyes flickered open in the dim lit room. The pain that she felt before was gone but as she moved her arms to lift herself up, they were very sore. With a grunt she fully sat up, Sabine rubbed her eyes as everything slowly began to come into focus. A bed…she was in a large bed, covered in deep red sheets.

 

Sabine tried to remember what had happened, where she was but a sharp pain began when she tried to think back. Pulling the covers away, she slowly moved her legs to the ground, holding the ledge for a bit of leverage.

 

“Hello” Her voice was hoarse as if she had been screaming for weeks.

 

No one had come, so taking small baby steps; she made a beeline for a door and opened it. Instead of finding the exit, she walked inside the bathroom. Who she saw staring back at her in the mirror seemed foreign and took her breath away. Her shaking hand ran along her scalp all the way down her black tresses that ended mid stomach. Dark eyes stared at her but they flickered gold every now and then. Sharp fangs stood out from her sore pouty lips and her chocolate body was firm and toned with soft hips and breasts that were jutting out of the tight bindings. As she touched her skin, it was incredibly soft to the touch.

 

Why did she get the feeling that this wasn’t her body?

 

Her senses were more acute as well; the trees outside made a rustling noise from the breeze and she was sure that she heard an owl somewhere. Sabine wanted to take a shower. The blood crusted around her mouth was disgusting but she couldn’t help but lick it timidly. It was good and sweet, she actually liked the taste of her own blood.

 

The hot water from the shower was heaven to her, taking the bar of soap on the stand; she began to wash her body down, washing her hair as well. She closed her eyes and wondered whose home she was in and why she couldn’t remember anything before last night.

 

Sabine was not paying attention when her bathroom door opened. Salvatore stood, folding his arm as he leaned against it. When she dipped her head underneath the water, he finally spoke.

 

“Enjoying your shower?”

 

Sabine jerked and nearly slipped on the soap that fell from her hands. Her eyes were wide as she hid behind the curtains.

 

“Who are you?” she asked quickly turning off the water.

 

Salvatore went to the towel wrack and unfolded one. “Come out”

 

She was about to refuse but the look in his eyes told her she had no choice and that he was the type that didn’t like to be disobeyed. Hesitantly she stepped out of the shower and walked towards him. His black eyes quickly accessed her body before wrapping the towel around her. The aura that permitted from him was uncomfortable and Sabine didn’t like the crawl on her spine as he touched her.

 

“Could you please tell me where I am?” she asked.

 

“My name is Salvatore and this is my coven here in Russia…Is there anything else you would like to know” He sounded a bit angry…why would he be angry with her, she had done nothing.

 

“Why here am I?…I feel like I don’t belong like this…and I can’t remember anything” Sabine rubbed her temple, a little headache surfacing.

 

Salvatore cast her a glare and she quickly shut up. He obviously didn’t want to hear her questions except stare at her as if he wanted to eat her. Salvatore guided her towards the bed from earlier and sat her down on it. When he sat next to her, unbuttoning his shirt, Sabine fidgeted. As she looked at the muscles of his pale skin and those rock hard abs. Her throat began to burn and she uneasily coughed. I feel…like I haven’t eaten in weeks…

 

Her now blazing golden eyes stared at his neck. She could literally hear his blood in there; hot…thick…a low growl escaped her throat.

 

Salvatore tossed his shirt to the floor, revealing his sculpted chest. “You’re hungry…You haven’t eaten for three days, the transition has taken a lot of blood from you”

 

Then what was he waiting for, she wanted some food!! He softly brushed her cheek; she jumped when he licked her skin.

 

“Beg me, Sabine…Beg me for my blood” his hard voice whispered.

 

It wasn’t defiance that made her shake her head, there was something utterly wrong with this picture and nothing in her wanted anything to do with Salvatore. His angry eyes narrowed at her, in a blur he held her by her neck forcing her down on the bed.

 

“I don’t think I gave you a choice, Sabine…you either beg me or starve” he said thickly hovering over her.

 

She turned her head. “I want to go home”

 

He gripped her chin forcing her to look at him. “Well that’s where we have a problem, because Sabine…this is your home”

   
part 2 characters by Variety
Author's Notes:
sorry for the wait, i wanted to upload more pics but i can't find the uploader on photobucket, it's weird or maybe its just me but there's a chapter update after this so ENJOY!!

Ulrich

Ulrich Braun (876, king of the Lycans)

Vincent

Vincent Braun (203, Ulrich and Vanessa's son)

Vanessa

Vanessa Portman (537, Ulrich's ex and mother to Vincent)

Sebastian

Sebastian Braun (873, Ulrich's Brother)

Mary

Mary Braun (279, Sebastian's Mate)

Vampires

sabine

Sabine (520)

 

proposition by Variety
Author's Notes:
hope you like the chapter ^_^....hopefully

She placed the cigarette between her lips, drawing deep breaths letting the dull smoke fill her lungs. She sat on the seat of her motorcycle, starting the engine as the back door of the club opened. As always, she ignored the lustful gazes of the human males as their eyes roamed from her thin high heeled boots, up her leather tight pants and bustier top, all in black. Her chocolate skin glowed, and her raven hair was thick in a top pony.

 

Sabine heard a whistle and she turned, her eyes lined in black eyeliner and her full lips colored with a deep red lipstick. She was attractive, that she knew but that didn’t give men the right to act like perverts. She revved her motorcycle hard, spurting rocks of dirt in their face as she sped off the pavement and onto the street.

 

Tonight was like any other night in Hungary. It was quiet and the streets were bare. The Hungarians didn’t travel outside of their home at night, mostly because they knew they were prey to most vampires and other creatures that stalked the night. Sabine sped down the street, pushing her red Suzuki almost to 170mph. Since she hardly ever slept anymore, Sabine liked going on little ‘trips’. Tonight she hit a jewelry store at the next popular city and helped herself to some merchandise. 

 

Sabine never liked the word stealing, she liked to think of her maneuvers as… little gifts of opportunities. And plus it’s not as if she ‘took’ from the poor or weak. Wealthy and arrogant clients were always her target; they could always get their things back the same way it was received in the first place, if not, then too bad for them. Caution came over her and she looked behind her as she whipped down the road. 

 

From her peripheral vision, she saw two men rev down the road on motorcycles as well. Their horned heads were rough and scarred. Rogue Demons…She really didn’t have time for this. Screeching was heard as she made a hard 180 yanking her gun from her compartment. With two perfectly timed shots, the two demons went right passed her, limp, crashing right into the wall. The headshots and crashed bikes would only slow them down so she just drove on pass them. Her big box of specials probably attracted them, money hungry bastards.

 

Darkness swallowed her as she neared a large estate surrounded by a metal gate and thick trees. It was about two hours before she had reached the location, better for their privacy far from the humans. The gate opened and she drove in parking her bike in the garage. She took the small package strapped to her bike in her hand and used the side door to enter the castle.

 

The two vampires that were in the hall ceased talking when she closed the door behind her. They didn’t say a word to her as they moved apart letting her through. Her heels clicked against the floor as she did a series of turns and finally walked up the carpeted floors. Reaching a door at the far end of the third floor, Sabine materialized inside and locked it behind her.

 

Her room was dark and simple, almost bare with a bed in the corner and a dresser next to it. She had a large closet though; loving her clothes more than what else was in the room.

Sabine sat the package down as she slid her boots off. Crawling onto her bed, she used her sharp nails to cut the rope around the old paper before removing that as well.

 

The jewelry box was black leather with a C insignia etched into it. She dumped the entire contents out and smiled. She gazed at a pair of platinum earrings in the shape of an orchid. Diamonds filled the flower; some spots were pink diamonds as the middle was yellow. The box was at least 5 inches tall and 7 inches wide so Sabine was able to snag some good stuff.

 

They were fragile but beautiful all the same. Vampires loved to show their wealth and Sabine knew just the thing to please herself tonight. The main problem would be if Salvatore walked in on her right now, a very big problem.

 

Over the next ten minutes, she sat there examining diamonds here and there, not extending a care out into the world. Her sudden mood was ruined when the door burst open.

 

“Why didn’t you answer your phone” Salvatore commanded.

 

He looked down at her from his tall height. Dressed in all black, silk shirt, and slacks, his hair was still the same all those centuries. Nothing changed about him, except for his sadistic taste for torture and death.

 

Sabine shrugged, turning from his cold gaze. “I forgot it here” pointing to the cell on the dresser

 

Salvatore looked down at the diamonds behind her and straightened, Sabine stood wishing she had kept her heels on. She was so short compared to his height and he often used it to try and intimidate her. As he circled her, she rolled her eyes wishing he would hurry up and leave.

 

“Look at you” he said in disgust. “You dress like a common whore, even smell like one”

 

And was he any better? She loved corsets tops, bustiers; her main fetish was lingerie; a million of everything filled her closet. The black corset top she wore was all leather with a hand sewn stitch to add extra emphasize on her breasts. Salvatore hated when she displayed any part of her body, be it neck or legs. He thought she was his…how wrong he was. Plus she barely even showed anything off, so she learned to ignore Salvatore’s insults.

 

“Well that’s funny; that never seemed to stop you from wanting me before”

 

The corner of his mouth twisted but it wasn’t a smile, he never smiled, Salvatore was too dull to even manage one. He stopped just behind her, pressing his pelvis into her. Sabine grimaced, it had been months since the last time she slept with Salvatore, and each time before and afterwards she wanted to throw up on his face.

 

“When you didn’t you take your phone…I thought you were with another male” he said huskily with an edge to his voice.

 

“And if I was” she snapped.

 

His black eyes hardened, “Then I would have killed him…you know that”

 

She knew he was telling the truth, he had done it before. Salvatore didn’t love her but had this crazy obsession. He liked weak struggling women, and Sabine had been weak at one point, until she was taught to defend herself. When Salvatore found out that she had been trained, He yelled in outrage and beat her senseless, and then she found her mentor’s head pried on his own sword…in front of her bed as she woke.

 

Sabine was brought from her thoughts when she felt his hand sliding around her waist, she hissed, forcing it away. She quickly stepped from him, her brown eyes sparked in golden rage.

 

Salvatore eyes did the same as well. “What have I told you about stealing?”

 

He scooped the beautiful orchid earrings in his hands, not even bothering to explore their shining beauty. With a hard crush of his grip, He sprinkled the diamond dust onto the floor. Right at that moment, she wanted to bash that smirk right off his face. She wouldn’t have to steal if he didn’t destroy all the good things she had.

 

“This is my last time, Sabine…if you want money or anything, you will come to me”

 

Her eyes narrowed. “I would never ask you anything, I would rather rot in hell”

 

Sabine didn’t see the hand that smacked her across the face but she quickly reacted, landing a right hook to his jaw. He grunted when the hit landed, dodging another fist of hers. Sidestepping, he tightly grabbed at her hair forcing her face against the wall. Her hands were placed above her, as he pressed his whole body crushing hers into the structure. She was sure if she had breath, she might have suffocated.

 

“Oh god, Sabine” Salvatore licked the side of her cheek. “You don’t know how much I love it when you fight against me”

 

She struggled, baring her fangs. “You sick bastard

 

Letting out a chuckle, he sucked along the skin of her neck. Sabine let out a sharp cry as his teeth sunk in. refusing to let him get what he wanted, she snapped her head to his jaw, jerking her shoulder up. The wound on her neck ripped and Salvatore let out a vicious growl. 

 

The hit to his throat made him stagger and Sabine vaulted on her bed, taking the gun from under her pillow, she cocked it and pointed straight at his groin.

 

“Get out” she growled.

 

Salvatore wiped his mouth and spat out her blood in distaste. He knew she wasn’t afraid to shoot him but he still backed up, not even wanting to test the possibility if she shot his balls off, would they regenerate, not to mention the excruciating pain. He swiftly closed the door behind him; Sabine dropped the gun on her bed.

 

Accessing her already healing shoulder, she palmed her still stinging cheek; the situation could have been worse. There were a few times in the past three centuries where they both had come out of a battle with more serious wounds. Looking around her empty room, loneliness once again began to sneak in.

 

Shut up, Sabine. You don’t need anyone but yourself

 

What she needed was to get away. Reaching underneath her bed, Sabine opened a black box. Inside were a newly packaged syringe and a dark non labeled bottle. There was only one more use of the transparent fluid, named Venom by vampire dealers. Venom was all the rage in the vampire society, mixed with the poison of a snake and a highly dosed anesthetic, the product could kill a human nearly three times over, a perfect dose to get a vampire the right high.

 

She injected herself, inhaling sharply as the drug shot through her veins.

 

Sabine exhaled with a short moan, her body was becoming sluggish, light as air, and her eyes rolled in the back of her head as all the pain was swept away and carried to a place unreachable. Sabine knew that the euphoria was only short living but she’d give up anything to make it long lasting.

 

She flinched when the shrill blaring assaulted her ears and she answered the phone.

 

“What”

 

 A male voice answered her in German. “I need you here in twenty, can you make it?”

 

She exhaled, straining her eyes open and looked down at her ruined top. Why did he have to bother her tonight, with a sigh she replied. “I’ll be there”

 

0o0

 

“You’re late”

 

Sabine stepped into the bare room, putting out her cigarette in the ash tray.

 

“Come on, Raze, you know me” She said sitting lazily in his chair crossing her legs.

 

The German lit a cigar, leaning against the table beside her. His eyes ran along her body, stopping at the curves of her breasts. Sabine cocked her head at his open observation, though she really didn’t mind. Raze was a handsome vampire equipped with platinum blonde hair and dark sea blue eyes. But if things hadn’t gone down with Salvatore as it did; she might have tried her chances with Raze.

 

“You’re high” he said turning to open a drawer in his desk.

 

She merely shrugged. “No worries, I will function perfectly fine in the next twenty minutes”

 

“You keep using that bullshit, and you won’t function at all in the next year”

 

Raze watched Sabine roll her eyes and sigh in irritation. She didn’t like being told what to do but since she walked in his office over a decade ago, Raze felt the need to protect her. if only she would let me in. he noticed that she had also lost weight since he last saw her. Dark rings were beginning to show under her lids and her skin wasn’t as vibrant as before. She also wasn’t feeding; the thin red tint around her iris was evident proof.

 

He exhaled the puff of smoke dancing in front of his eyes. “Salvatore’s a fool to have been so cruel to a beauty like you”

 

 “You know…as much as I enjoy the flattery, you did call me in for a job that needed to be done.” She said to Raze. He saw her eyes take on that bright golden color, she was pissed.

 

Sabine really didn’t like bringing up her past about Salvatore, almost every single vampire of the coven in Hungary knew about it and she initially grew defensive when it seemed to be shoved in her face. And she was still worked up about what happened earlier in her bedroom, this job was perfect for her, pity the next target she’d have to track. 

 

Clearing his throat, Raze handed her folder from his desk. Sabine opened it and took out a picture of a rough looking male human.

 

“The man you are looking at is a thief and killer. My contact wants him dead at all costs and anyone else that’s with him. You’re going to have to find him on your own, although our little thief love nightclubs, you might want to check them out in his area”

 

She nodded. “Oh, a thief, killer and a pervert, how lucky for me…Did your contact say what he did?”

 

“Mercenary’s don’t ask questions as long as they’re getting paid” Raze answered.

 

 “What’s the payment?”  

 

“Enough to go and spurge on your little diamond fetish” He said smiling.  

 

She’d have to replace the ones Mr. Dickhead destroyed. “Well, when you put it like that, I better hurry up and get this done”

 

When she stood from the table, Raze was so close to her that she couldn’t help but rub against his body. When she looked up at him, he put a hand on her waist and nothing more. She didn’t bother moving from him when he leaned down and locked her lips in his. The kiss was soft and sweet, sort of his way of saying goodbye if anything happened to her. Yet she felt nothing, her kiss was empty as his was leaking with compassion. She told ya, dead to all men…It was over just as it had begun and she moved a lock of hair that had fallen over his eyes.

 

“You can do better than me, Raze” she said cupping his cool cheek.

 

The lock of hair fell over again as he moved her hand from his cheek and softly kissed it. “Just because you’ve been in the pit of hell doesn’t mean you’re unworthy, Sabine”

 

Doesn’t feel like it…She pulled her hand away and picked up her bag.

 

“I’ll see you in a week, Raze; I’ll give you a call when the job’s done”

 

Sabine didn’t give him a chance to say anything before she quickly left. Going to her silver Porsche Boxter, she easily slid in and pulled out of the warehouse parking lot. As soon as she gets done with this job, she was going to have to leave Raze. It wasn’t that she didn’t like him, but she didn’t want to lead him on to something that wouldn’t be. Dread filled her as she now had to deal with Salvatore and her hunger before going on the road, she would just rather starve to death.

 
End Notes:
let me know how ya feel!! and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :)
To pass the time by Variety
Author's Notes:
There's nothing much going on in this chapter, just a little something i felt i needed to get out before launching the next chapter. Hope you all enjoy, Merry Christmas!!!

 The vampire was shaking with fear as the lycans stood above him, glaring down at him as if he was the root of all evil. He had never felt so much hate and rage directed towards him in his entire life, especially from the blue eyed one. The vampire was tied against a bed of wood, the thin slice of twine cut into his skin every time he moved. The two animals above him said nothing, only their chest moved with deep breaths.

 

“Do you know who I am?” the blue eyed wolf said with a hint of fang showing.

 

The vampire nodded his head quickly, if he had a heart, it would have stopped beating right now.

 

“Who am I?” he asked with a wave of calm. A little bit too calm.

 

The vampire stuttered looking between the two. “You’re…Ulrich…king of the lycans”

 

“Then I could understand why you tried to kill me” he replied picking up the pliers near his hand.

 

“No!” the vampire screamed in fear. What was he talking about? He was trying to kill him but after being beaten and captured, almost bled to death, he’d serve by this man’s hand for eternity if he spared him.

 

Ulrich cocked his head. “Then what? What were you doing in the alley? Trying to introduce yourself?”

 

“No” he gulped hard in response of needing to feed. “I’m sorry…”

 

Ulrich folded his arms. “Now you’re sorry…how many times have we heard that Sebastian”

 

The one named Sebastian stared down him and grinned. “Too many times, so many times that I’m beginning to wonder if they really mean it”

 

The vampire quickly shook his head. “I mean it…I do”

 

“Are there more vampires from your gang?” Sebastian asked.

 

“No…you killed…you killed them all”

 

“Well what a surprise, you’re the only one left, you see we came to Moscow because you were robbing my client and when you fuck with him, you fuck with me” Ulrich eyes faded to black.

 

The vampire clenched his hands as he recalled the demon he and his gang stole from every week. The casino near the airport raked in a lot of dough every night and he was helping himself to the profits and customers. The demon must have told and bought protection from the notorious king.

 

“Look man, I…I’m sorry I’ll do anything you tell me to, I won’t steal ever again if you let me go, I’ll even leave Russia if you want me too, please I just don’t want to die.” he pleaded.

 

Matter of truth, he didn’t want to die by the hands of two lycans that seemed ready to tear him apart. He thought he saw the king think on his request, until he saw Sebastian move his bandaged hand in front of his face.

 

“Not a chance, leech. You shot my finger off, I’m impressed, and it was a lucky aim. My mate is going to be mad as hell at me when I get home”

 

Ulrich surveyed his hand, not knowing that his brother was missing a finger. He saw the deadly intent in his eyes.

 

“You want this one brother?”

 

The vampire began to weep and Sebastian took the pliers from Ulrich’s side.

 

“With pleasure

 

The young immortal didn’t knowing that Ulrich hatred for vampires was personal and even if it did look like he was thinking on letting the vampire go, he wouldn’t have. He nodded to his brother and walked away when Sebastian leaned over to pry the vampire’s teeth out of his mouth.

 

He closed the door behind him from the basement and walked up the stairs and down the hall before coming to the door to the casino.  The vampire’s screams were drowned by the loud beats and music of the chatter in the large room. Ulrich walked past the crowd on the dance floor and coin machines before going up another flight of stairs. Ulrich knocked on the door before entering the demon’s office.

 

The demon David looked at him hopefully as Ulrich closed the door.

 

“Is the problem dealt with?” he asked clasping his hands.

 

“It is done”

 

The demon said something in his demonish tongue before getting up and shaking Ulrich’s hand with his scaled palms, then handed him a suitcase. The owner was a little old in his years; David probably wouldn’t have had a chance fighting against five vampires, he probably knew that already and made a smart decision calling for his services.

 

“The money is all there, my lord; thank you very much for coming down here to deal with the problem yourself, if you ever come back to Moscow and want a fun time, my casino is open all hours for you”

 

Ulrich had to come down since most of his workers were stationed almost everywhere in the world, the few he had available were on vacation with family, and he never called them out of their off days unless it was extremely important.

 

“Your welcome, you know where to contact me if you have any more trouble.” he handed the demon his card and walked out of his office.

 

Sebastian was coming up the stairs, wiping his wet hands off with a towel.

 

“He’s already dead?”

 

Sebastian shrugged. “Screamed too damn much, hurt my bloody ears when I pulled out one fang, so I just staked him to get it over with.”

 

They walked together out of the casino and Ulrich looked at his watch before stopping in front of his car. It wasn’t too late in the night for he and his brother to catch a drink. Sebastian had a flight in a couple of hours to return to his mate and Ulrich was boarded to leave tomorrow. Sebastian walked around the car to the passenger seat with a back pack on his shoulder.

 

“What’s that for?” Ulrich asked.

 

Sebastian seems confused for a moment before replying. “Just some equipment from the dungeon, I figured they would come in handy for the vampire’s but that was a disappointment”

 

Ulrich chuckled, sliding behind the wheel.

 

“When was the last time we’ve been to that private club” Sebastian asked out of the blue.

 

“Since Mary wrapped that collar around your neck”

 

Sebastian flicked him off as they got inside the vehicle and roared down the avenue.

 

“I’m serious” Sebastian said. “They have the best drinks in Moscow, let’s go there”

 

His only retort was an arch of his eyebrow. “You do remember that it’s a strip club too, Mary will gouge your eyes if she found out”

 

His brother golden eyes rolled dismissively. “I don’t care about strippers, I need a good drink, and my ears are still ringing. We’ll only stay there for a round before going back to the hotel.”

 

Ulrich knew what Sebastian was up to, he hadn’t had a female in years and everywhere they went, Bastian was shoving him up anywhere females congregated. Ever since the ending of those long regretful years with Vanessa, Ulrich pressed his mind to other things, like devoting his time as king.

 

But still he drove down the familiar streets until the neon blue lights shone from the familiar structure. He parked in front and got out and Sebastian followed him. Music thumped through the walls as the bouncer held up the finger identification machine he held and Ulrich pressed his thumb to it.

 

The machine chimed, signaling his acceptance and Sebastian’s. The bouncer opened the door and they walked through, going down the hall before coming to the large room where a band played on the bright stage. It was only after a certain time that the adult dancers performed but the women there had rarely caught his interests.

 

Some of the furniture had been moved since the last time they came, more than three years ago on a business matter.  But they managed to sit in the back where the darkness was a comfort to them or maybe it was Ulrich and Sebastian simply agreed with no complaints.

 

His eyes glanced at a dark skinned female walking by, reminding him of that love long ago.

 

Ever since Sabine had been killed all those years ago, he just couldn’t get past it all. He refused her to be dead for an entire century before finally giving her a proper burial, without a body. After that, Ulrich searched restlessly for Salvatore but he never found him. Salvatore knew he was being searched for and carefully covered his tracks as he moved around the world, away from the lycan who so viciously wanted to tear his heart out.

 

He had nightmares for a couple of months and the beast inside him was irritable and easily tempered. It wasn’t until 200 years after her death did he move on with a lycan woman but even that road in his life left a heartache in his chest.

 

A waitress, clad in nothing but a halter top that cupped her large breasts and mini skirt, carried a writing pad and stopped in front of their table. Keeping his eyes above her chest, Sebastian ordered vodka and went back to the menu. Ulrich ordered a whiskey and 2 medium rare steaks, the largest ones they had in stock.

 

The waitress left and the band ended their performance, carrying their instruments off the stage. Ulrich growled at a man that stumbled roughly past him, obviously drunk. the drunkard was carrying a suitcase with him and from the quality of his clothes and demeanor, Ulrich knew that man was a henchmen as he stumbled to the far corner of the club to a couple of men surrounding a table.  

 

The waiter came and placed their drinks on the table and Ulrich took a sip of his whiskey as he watched the leader at the table look inside the suitcase before nodding his approval. Then there was the exchanged, the henchmen was handed a small velvet bag, too small for cash, so he might have been paid in diamonds or something valuable to sell.

 

“Are you alright” Sebastian asked, eating into his plate.

 

Ulrich turned away from the deal and straightened in his chair. His steaks would take a little longer so he relished in his drink, nodding to his brother. The band had ended their performance. A couple of men came out and began to transform the stage for the adult dancers. Ulrich just stared at the red curtains, counting how many hours the paper on his desk would take to finish before Monday morning.

End Notes:
I will definitely get the next chapter up tomorrow, i just don't know if i can do it before i go to work, so it might be afterwards, but hope you enjoyed it and have a good night.
Ch. 13 by Variety
Author's Notes:

updated like i promised ^_^

Sabine finally located the thief, Vladimir Pavlov, in Russia. It was hard to find him at first but she had connections on the streets that were, well…reliable, with a bit of a push of course. After taking a private plane, she settled down in a beautiful hotel and relaxed for a day or two. She really didn’t have to go and finish the job so quickly, Moscow was too exciting to rush on by and she liked the wild nightlife.

 

Sabine sat in a chair dressed in her bra and panty, looking out into the city lights below. She could actually make a living here. With over a two million population, she would never run out of food. Money or transportation wasn’t essential for her, since she could materialize anywhere; she previously traveled to of course, which meant a stash of unlimited jewelry and cash for her.

 

Just as suddenly, the thought left a sour glare on her face.  Salvatore…. ugh! He was like a nail in her ass, irritating to keep in but painful as hell to take out. She knew the fury he would be in when he realizes that she had been gone for the entire week. Sabine made it important to keep her business outside of the coven. Even Salvatore at one point couldn’t beat that out of her. It was a good feeling though, having something to herself that no one knew about.

 

Centuries ago, when she was just a shell of herself, Salvatore didn’t allow her anywhere. Not to take a shower, to have a conversation, not even to damn feed without him by her side. During that time in her life, she just wanted to throw herself out into the sunlight; burn like a sheet of paper, and drift away. It wasn’t until that night Sabine changed her life around and began fighting back.

 

The loud blaring of her cell made her flinch, roughly snatching it from the dresser. Without looking at the caller id, she flipped it open. She didn’t need to worry about it being Salvatore; she changed her phone number before she left Hungary and Raze was the only one who had it. Save for someone else.

 

“Talk to me” She said fingering her long braid.

 

Garret, her temporary connection stuttered on the phone. “I…I found the m…man you were looking for”

 

Silence ensued. “Well where is he!” Sabine snapped.

 

“He’s been h…hiding at a strip club, been trying to s.sell artifacts he s.stolen”

 

Sabine stood, taking a cigarette from her purse and lighting it. “What’s the name of the club?”

 

“L’ange Bleu”

 

The blue angel? That’s a lousy name for a club. Sabine nodded memorizing the name.

 

“Well thank you Garret for being so helpful in my search. You’ll find the five grand in the compartment below the phone you’re using” Sabine said going to her closet.

 

“And m…my wife?” He asked in a tense voice.

 

A puff of smoke escaped her mouth. “In the back of your trunk and don’t worry, she’s not dead”

 

She hung up and tossed her phone behind her. L'ange Bleu….A very private club. The only way she was going to get in there was with a private membership which was fingerprint identifiable. That part wasn’t too hard at all; a little machine wasn’t going to stop her from succeeding in this mission at all. She was well prepared for anything that might happen. Besides Vladimir was just a human anyway, a pathetic sleaze ball and those were always the easy ones.

  

0o0

 

The club wasn’t bad at all though it really didn’t interest Sabine that much. She carried a platter of food in her hand as she walked around, striking up useless conversations with some dancers. She did say getting into the club was the easy part, brainwashing the manager near the inch of his insanity was the hard one. She had the ability to use her wily ‘charms’ on the humans, but she was weak making it harder to bend Pierre to her will.

 

Eventually he succumbed, giving her the uniform and information she needed. Now all she needed to do was to find Vladimir, finish the job then go about her business. But she was having fun, flirting and hustling money. Tips were overflowing from her pockets as she smugly smiled at the other working girls that passed her.

 

Sabine took the tray of food to her destination and smiled sweetly to the table of men there as they gave her comment after comment on how sexy she looked. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes and whack one of them in the face with the wooden board. After they tipped her and stuffed their phone number in her hands, Sabine turned around immediately catching sight of her target near the dancing cage.

 

Should’ve known the pervert would be there. Sabine placed the plate on an empty table and loosened her hair as it waved loosely around her face. She rolled up her skirt, tucked it to make it look shorter, and pushed her breasts out. Not that there was much to work with, but being a vampire added a natural sexual allure, she could at least double the effect.

 

As Sabine walked towards Vladimir, a few tables over Ulrich and Sebastian were just finishing up their food and drink. Ulrich was facing the dancing cage near the stage, rolling his gaze aimlessly around the crowd.

 

“Man that was good, I hadn’t eaten since the damn plane landed.” Sebastian said swallowing the last of his vodka.

 

Ulrich was about to reply but his cell phone began blaring ‘gold digger’ by Kanye West. Sebastian thought it funny to tag it to his ex-wife’s profile.

 

He just ignored it, rather not wanting to be bothered by Vanessa at this point.

 

“You’re not going to answer that?”

 

“It seems so”

 

Sebastian face grew serious. “It could be about Vincent”

 

Ulrich held his gaze for a moment before popping his phone open.

 

“It’s about time you answered.” Vanessa sneered on the phone.

 

He leaned in his chair, sighing heavily. “If this isn’t about my son then you have no need to call me” he said straight to the point.

 

Vanessa laughed, once he thought it was lovely but now it just grated on his nerves.

 

“I just wanted you to know that we will not stop by this weekend, Vincent and I have some other plans we have to do before hand, you know things that a mother and son like to enjoy with each other. It’s too bad I can’t say the same for you.”

 

Vanessa liked to rub Ulrich and Vincent’s strained relationship in his face. If she were here right now, he would strangle that graceful neck of hers. He also knew that the sudden change in plans were on purpose, she would sabotage any plans that Ulrich made for his son for her benefit.

 

“Are you at a club?” She asked in sheer surprise.

 

He clenched his jaws, ignoring her. “So when you will by”

 

She let the question fly until another time. “Well, it depends; I could probably come a little earlier if you were willing to do something for me”

 

He didn’t miss the desire in her voice, one of the other reasons that Vanessa was a bitch. Her sneaky and unfaithful ways as a wife and mother drove her out of his home and bed…she often hooked him by balls if he wanted to see his son. Sebastian shook his head, muttering under his breath.

 

“Did you hear—” the call ended.

 

Sebastian looked up to see Ulrich staring wide-eyed at him, or was he looking past him? He turned around in his chair and saw nothing but the swarm of dancing bodies and waitresses. The sound of the chair hitting the wall made Sebastian turn around to see Ulrich making his way through the crowd of people, most of them moved away from his towering height.

 

What the hell? Sebastian thought going after his brother.

 

They kept going through the crowd until they reached the private rooms where the strippers took the patrons for a lap dance or other services. The area was called The Play Pen.

 

“Can you tell me what the hell is going on?”

 

Ulrich turned in disbelief, running a hand through his hair. “I thought I saw her”

 

“Saw who?”

 

He had that look on his face and Sebastian sighed in frustration.

 

“You can’t keep running after a ghost, brother!”

 

Ulrich shook his head. I saw her… “It was too real this time, she was here. In this club, she went inside there with a man”

 

Could she be reincarnated? Sebastian shoved the idea from his head quick. He didn’t want to support his brother in any irrational idea that Sabine was still alive. Even if she were then that would mean that…

 

“Fine” Sebastian finally said. “If she’s in there then we’ll see”

 

Ulrich growled under his breath. “I’m not damn hallucinating

 

“Let’s just check the damn rooms, there’s only one way in and out”

 

Sebastian went ahead first under the velvet veil that replaced as a door, Ulrich followed and they signaled to one another before each opened the doors in front of them as they walked down the hall.

 

A blonde woman glared at Ulrich when she interrupted her topless lap dance with a male with big round glasses and a beer belly from hell. He shut the door and went onward, before hearing a shout of female shrieks and curses from the room Sebastian opened. His brother quickly shut the door followed by a thump and glass shattering behind it.

 

Sebastian looked at him and shrugged. “Lesbians”

 

Ulrich continued. They still hadn’t seen any sight of Sabine yet…had he truly thought it all up? The image looked so real but even though she was smiling, it looked false and her eyes were empty. He always envisioned her happy and full of life. He stopped at the last door; he heard no movement from inside. Sebastian came up from behind him.

 

When Sebastian put his hand on the knob, Ulrich stopped him.

 

“I smell blood”

 

Sebastian sniffed. “And gunpowder….vampire too”

 

With a growl, Ulrich opened the door only to see the blood and brain matter splattered on the wall, below it, a human male sat dead on the couch. A bullet to the head.

 But where was the vampire… 

It was too fast of a blur when a pair of legs swung from the side of the door, kicking Ulrich in the chest, the unexpected blow made him stagger backwards but the second kick to the head made him fall to the ground. Shit…one of his ribs was broken. Everything was a haze as he saw two blobs moving in the dark neon lit hallway.

 

He heard two small audible pops and Sebastian hit the floor harder than he did. Ulrich was sure he heard the sound of a kiss before the attacker ran off. Sebastian groaned as his head shot up, clutching his stomach as he attempted to rise. When his vision slowly became clearer, Ulrich ignored the pain in his ribs, helping Sebastian up and leaned him against the wall for leverage. The gunshot wound wasn’t bleeding heavily, the bullets went clean through and Sebastian was already healing.

 

Suddenly, Sebastian started laughing.

 

“What the hell are you laughing for?” He snapped, already irritated.

 

Sebastian sympathetically stared at him. “Fate must hate you”

 

“What are you saying?”

 

He groaned as he leaned off the wall, and started walking tensely for the door.

 

“Let’s just say that the next time you see Sabine, remind me to wear a bullet proof vest”

 

What? Ulrich stilled. Vampire…the smell was more feminine, laced with that undeniable smell he remembered five hundred years ago. Realization caught up with him. Vampire…Sabine was a vampire…

 

Sebastian grimaced when the white of Ulrich’s eyes went black and his fangs elongated. He let out shattering howl filled with anger and pain. The club literally shook from the intensity of it.

End Notes:
hope you liked it, i'll update soon
Suspicious by Variety
Author's Notes:
OMG! i have not updated in so long! i blame school, work, and my boyfriend! they take up so much time, it flies by so quick. Well here is a new chapter, i hope you like it, i've been re-editing it almost four times but i think this chapter will stick pretty okay.  i'll update the next chapter soon as possible when i'm done, hope you enjoy!!

Lycans! Since when were there damn lycans in Russia. Their kind of place was mostly wooded areas and away from crowded cities. She didn’t know how many blocks she ran, faster than the human eye could see as she effectively dodged speeding vehicles in the street. Sabine didn’t bother slowing down either, going up against a lycan wasn’t something to be taken lightly and right now, her strength wasn’t up to snuff. She would easily lose, especially against the two prime males.

 

Sabine tried slowing down when her hotel came into view, looking behind her as she stepped across the lawn, adjusting the back pack on her shoulders. She didn’t think long about the werewolves, knowing they didn’t run with Vladimir. Also, it wasn’t uncommon for wolves to attack vamps out of the blue or the other way around.

 

Sabine made it into the lobby and went straight to the staircase; she wouldn’t take her chances inside an elevator. Using some speed, she reached the ten floor and quickly rounded the corner and put in the code for her room.

 

She sighed as the door slammed shut behind her. That was close. Sabine shrugged off her backpack and fished for her cell phone. With a touch of a button, she was already calling Raze as she pulled her suitcase from underneath the bed.

 

“You’re getting lazy” he answered calmly. The faint sound of club music in the background.

 

Sabine chuckled. “Yea well, you’d be surprise that this isn’t a victory call, I’m in a corner”

 

His voice tensed. “What’s wrong?”

 

She never called on help before, Raze always told her to stop making foolish decisions and confide in him to protect her. She didn’t need a protector, been doing fine on her own for centuries.

 

“I ran into a problem, two lycans, I lost them but I don’t want to take any risks, is the pilot still in the vicinity?”

 

“I’m calling him right now to come pick you up, I know someone who owes me a favor, and I’ll get him over there to escort you”

 

“I don’t need a body guard-

 

Raze hissed. “You’re so damn stubborn, I’m calling him and he’s going to escort you, the pilot should be at the airport in fifteen minutes, do not leave the hotel”

 

“Alright, fine, don’t get all snappy at me, my room number is 104, he better be here in ten minutes or I’m leaving”

 

She hung up the phone before Raze got to say another word and ditched the clothes she had on. Taking a quick shower, she donned dark jeans and a white tank top, her gun was placed behind her buckle as she layered a brown jacket on top. Her things were neatly packed and ready, she checked the watch.

 

Not wanting to waste anymore time and purposefully ignoring Raze’s command, Sabine left her room and locked it after her before she headed for the staircase down to the lobby to check out. She barely took two steps before heavy footsteps sounded behind her.

 

“Sabine!”

 

She whirled and hissed as the lycans were closing in on her. Not again! On instinct, her hand clutched the handle of her gun but hesitated. One thing immortals tried to avoid was involving humans in their business, any means necessary. Nope, she had to take this somewhere else. Sabine dashed out in the hall and took the stairs up towards the roof; she’ll throw the bastards off the building if she had to.

Bursting through the roof door, pumping with adrenaline, Sabine looked around for a place to hide, a plan of attack, but the damn roof was empty, completely bare. She reached for her gun behind her back and cocked it. They were getting closer and she could think of the only thing to do.

 

0o0

 

He was so close to her, he could literally smell the shampoo she recently used as he chased her. The beast in him, reveled in the chase, so damn happy to see his beloved again.

 

His heart dropped as he ran out onto the rooftop…she couldn’t have jumped…

 

A bullet shot past him into the bricked wall, inches from his head.

 

“Next time, I won’t miss…why are you following me” Sabine said from the roof ledge.

 

Sebastian finally came through the door, shutting it behind him bracing against the broken knob, clutching his belly. But he was standing better as his wounds healed.

 

“You’re …a…vampire” Ulrich panted in disbelief.  

 

Sabine rolled her eyes. “I could pretty much guess that with two eyes closed”

 

Ulrich ran his gaze up and down her body. She still looked the same, only the golden rage of her eyes and the warrior stance was different, but she was here in front of him and Ulrich wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, he had been blessed. Taking a careful step to his right, He held his hands in the air, so that she can see he bared no weapons.


“I won’t hurt you…get down from the ledge, so we can talk” he said.

 

Sabine slightly narrowed her eyes. There was something about the lycan that seemed familiar, both of them actually. But the blue eyed one drew her attention like a magnet. He was delicious looking too. In a fitted black v, that molded around his sculpted body and low slung jeans. His features were sharp and strong, giving him that aristocratic look but a dark aura made him seem wilder, deadly. And Sabine liked it.

 

She snorted, cocking a hand on her hip. “I don’t know where you come off telling me what to do, lycan, I’m the one with the gun” she held it up for emphasis.

 

His lips curled deviously and Sabine felt a pulse in her chest. “And you haven’t shot us yet, which means either you have no more bullets or not enough to take me and my brother down” He knew that the gun she held only had five rounds, one she probably used to kill the human, two in Sebastian and one in the wall behind him.

 

Cheeky bastard, but…Sabine was amused. “Okay then, you have one minute, only because I feel like hearing what you have to say”

 

Now that he had the opportunity, he didn’t know how to say it. How do you tell someone that you’re mated to that she was stolen from him by his enemy 500 years ago? In his mind, he resolved the situation with Sabine running into his arms and he killing Salvatore once and for all. It never once occurred to him that Salvatore would turn her and that only fueled his anger tenfold.

 

“I want Salvatore” his tone clipped sharply.

 

Her eyes burned bright gold before her hands dropped to her side in disappointment and Sabine scoffed, “You chased me nearly eight blocks for that asshole! Times up!”

 

When she turned to jump off the ledge of the roof, Sebastian stepped forth.

 

“Wait! We know about your human life, I can tell you everything you need to know in exchange for Salvatore”

 

She immediately stopped, turning back to him. She looked back and forth between the brothers, flexing the gun in her hand. Ulrich couldn’t catch the changing emotions on her face; it ranged from sadness to confusion then to shame and disgust.

 

“My human past is no concern to me and as for Salvatore; find him on your own”

 

Then she jumped.

 

Ulrich started after her but Sebastian held him back.

 

“I know you’re anxious but we have to think about this” he said in Gaelic, cautious that she might be lurking around.

 

Ulrich turned on him. “About what? She’s my wife and-

 

“A vampire and technically she has no memory of you, you can’t rush her into this, brother.”

 

The hell I can…he would keep her locked in their room to keep her from going back to Salvatore. Is that where she was going to now? Ulrich sniffed the air, getting a lock on her scent. He was one of the best trackers of his kind; in the next few days, he could still find her, wherever she lurked.  

 

“At least make a few arrangements before doing what I know you’re going to do” Sebastian said rolling his eyes.

 

Ulrich thought of his son. “Aye, brother you’re right, there are things I have to do, afterwards you will have to take my place for a while; Sabine will not be an easy catch”

 

0o0

 

Hungary

 

Her spiked heeled boots echoed throughout the hallways as she stomped towards Salvatore’s grand room. It was three nights ago when she met the lycans on top of the roof. They knew her….or something. She had wanted to know about her past for centuries, craved it. Salvatore had refused to talk about it with her; her existence was meaningless before she was a vampire, it didn’t get better after either.

 

The wolf with the striking blue eyes, Ulrich Braun, was the king of them all from what she learned. He had reigned for the past 500 years, raised from a long lineage of brutal and valiant warriors. His brother, Sebastian fought loyally at his side and was the second in command of the castle and lycan army.

 

Sabine couldn’t deny the desire she felt looking at him, something she thought she had lost a long time ago. The wolf had looked at her just as heatedly and it made her fingers curl. Snap out of it…she didn’t lust, Sabine was a fighter and surviving was the only thing on her mind right now.

 

The anger she felt when those two mangy mutts bartered her life for that dead asshole, put her right on track. As if, she hadn’t lost most of it to him anyway. She forced open the steel door and spied Salvatore on his lavish pedestal, his usual group of female vampires groveling at his feet.  

 

She had once kneeled at the pedestal, unwillingly with a collar and leash around her neck, one of Salvatore’s ways to publically humiliate her. His black eyes rose to her swaying hips and fire eyes as she cocked a hand on her hip, stopping right in front of the steps.

 

“My dear Sabine, how nice of you to come”

 

She pointed a finger at him. “Cut the bullshit; get your whores out of the room right now. I need to talk to you”

 

A blonde haired female hissed, her fangs shooting down. “You have no right to speak to us that way!”

 

Sabine stepped forward. “Yeah, would you rather I shove my foot in your mouth? Leave now!”

 

Few of the vampires flinched; some were not fighters like her and knew not to take their chances. They started to leave except for the blonde who cuddled closer next to Salvatore’s leg. His hand reached down to stroke her hair. If only she knew…

 

“You please me” he growled before turning to Sabine. “Speak; your words will not leave this room” the grip on the blonde’s hair was a message to keep her mouth shut.

 

Sabine shrugged. “Fine then, I was confronted by a lycan who’s searching for you, you’d be surprised, he’s their king”

 

Salvatore went stark still. A few minutes passed before he regained his posture. “Leave us”

 

The blonde frowned. “But”

 

Even Sabine had to flinch as his hand pulled back and struck her on the cheek. His eyes were red with fury and the blonde whimpered before scattering away; Sabine didn’t bother looking at the door as it slammed behind her.  

 

She righted herself when Salvatore threw his anger at her.

 

“What did he say to you!”

 

“Why the hell you getting mad at me for!” she yelled back, their auras clashing like swords.

 

“Where did you see him?”

 

She folded her arms. “In Russia”

 

Red eyes narrowed at her in suspicion. “What the hell were you doing in Russia?”

 

“So? Who is he to you?” She asked ignoring his question.

 

Salvatore paced back and forth, spewing curses and gibberish in his old language. She thought that it was best that she didn’t bring up the other part of that conversation with Ulrich. God, what did he do to get Salvatore so pissed?

 

He instantly stood inches from her face and Sabine clutched her blade on instinct, tucked firmly in the holster against her back. She didn’t need his shit tonight and opted that a quick cut to the bulging vein in his neck would put him out for the night.  

 

“Why were you even speaking to that dog in the first place!” spit was flying everywhere…

 

Sabine threw her hands up in defeat as she stepped beside him for more room.  “Look, I don’t know him, I just came to warn you that maybe a war with the lycans isn’t a good idea, whatever it was that you did to him”

 

They already had enough enemies as it was and with their numbers down in the lows, the coven couldn’t afford to straddle it out because Salvatore pissed on the wrong territory.  He gave her a funny look before taking a deep breath and sitting back on his pedestal.

 

“I’ll deal with the lycan; I don’t want you speaking to him again…was that all he said to you?”

 

She had a feeling that this was something much more than she thought. Salvatore thought she was lying, she could tell by the look in his eyes and the way he ran his fingertips against the arm of the chair.

 

“That was it.  I had other business to attend to so I didn’t stay long. Was there something I was supposed to know?”

 

He growled turning from her gaze. “Get out”

 Sabine flipped him off as she exited the room. There was something going on between them two and obviously, Salvatore didn’t want her to know. Sabine could care less, if Ulrich wanted to rip Salvatore’s throat out, she’d approve of it without hesitation.
End Notes:
hope you enjoyed!! <(*_*^)
a visit by Variety
Author's Notes:

Finally an update...Enjoy!!

 

“I want the shipment in by tomorrow morning, no exceptions” Ulrich demanded over the telephone as he signed several pieces of documents.

“I’ll have my assistant fax you the required documents, also I have several private belongings that are to be picked up in a few days, be sure that they are treated with care.”

He hung up the phone and sighed at the pile of paperwork on his desk. Complaints from fellow clan members, meetings, and events he had to attend to. Ulrich leaned back in his seat, fingering the pen in his hand. He wondered where Sabine had traveled too. He traced her scent to a hotel near the airport in Moscow but she had checked out days before.

Ulrich had everything in plan for Sabine’s arrival. Automatic windows installed in every room of the castle that would close during the mornings. He didn’t think that the things she liked centuries before would suffice to her needs but he had every piece of modern technology available for her.

She also always liked the smell of jasmine and he had a gardener plant some in the castle’s private garden. Hoping that maybe the smell would reconnect with some past part of her. Ulrich wanted her stay to be as comfortable as possible; she would be tense enough around him when he tell her about their past.

But that doesn’t mean she would accept me… He would try; try his damned hardest to win her or at least some part of her. After reviewing the new remodeled sketch of several rooms in the castle including his bedroom, Ulrich smelled the faint smell of spring rain and sweet perfume.

“My lord”

He turned around to see his assistant Niles standing by the doorway. Niles had been with him since the past 300 years, a loyal and dependant friend. He was the one who told Ulrich about the automatic windows for Sabine’s safety. But the female standing next to Niles made him sigh out in tiredness. He didn’t have the patience for Vanessa anymore.

She walked into his office, her head held high in that diva sort of way. Her brown tresses were curled and the blue she wore complimented her cold brown eyes. Vanessa was beautiful but it was her attitude and actions that made her quite ugly.

Ulrich nodded to Niles and the demon walked away.

“what do you want, Vanessa”

She walked around, aimlessly looking about but he could decipher the firm studied look on her face. She was looking for something.

“Vanessa” Ulrich said sternly.

She then turned to him, sitting on the edge of his desk. Her dress had a high split, exposing her long legs.

“I came to check on you…the last time we talked, you were a little…distracted”

Yea that was the night he found out the one woman he loved and failed was a vampire.

He shrugged. “I’m doing fine, why are you here”

She huffed. “why are you acting like this towards me?”

Vanessa had the nerve to look hurt but he knew better. Now that he was on a mission to bring back his rightful mate into his home, Ulrich could care less about Vanessa’s hurt feelings.

Ulrich stood, crouching in her face. “They way you treated me and your son, you’re lucky I didn’t banish your ass away from your homeland. The only reason I let you walk freely in this castle is because Vincent begged me too. I told you not to talk to me unless it concerned my son…you keep pushing me, Vanessa.”

She stubbornly raised her head. “Vincent would never forgive you if you banish me”

“Oh he will, in time. I have eternity. Now get off my table and get out of my office”

Vanessa abruptly stood up and angrily stomped to the door like a child. She opened the door then closed it.

“So the rumors are true then?” she asked, turning to him.

“what?”

Her eyes narrowed. “There are rumors that you’ve met someone, I saw all that stuff you bought for her”

Ulrich leaned back in his chair. “that’s none of your business.”

A look flashed over her face and Ulrich narrowed his eyes. She was already planning something. Vanessa smirked.

“I’ll meet her soon enough”

Ulrich eyes followed her as she tossed her hair over her shoulder and left the office. He paged Niles and the demon appeared instantly.

“keep an eye on her in the castle, especially when Sabine arrives…and how in the hell did a rumor get out”

Niles bowed respectively. “I’m sorry my lord but you weren’t very discreet in your plans of preparing for your female’s arrival. Although the clan assumes she is lycan”

Ulrich nodded. “then a meeting with the clan is in order…has-”

“Everything is in order my lord, no need to worry” Niles said with a respectful bow.

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. “Who’s says I’m worried”

“You forget that I am an empath, you‘re letting on more than you‘re saying”

He sighed, not wanting to express his feelings right now. What if Sabine didn’t want him? He couldn’t force her to do anything she didn’t want, after 500 years her feelings about him have tipped way off the scale. A cool hand tapped him on the shoulder, Niles was almost his height but he was wiry and poised, like a dancer.

“You will do fine, was her heart true to you before?”

Ulrich nodded. “yes, that I am sure of”

The demon smiled. “Then in the end, you two will be together, I’m not saying that the road will be easy but you’ve never encountered a battle that you could not win”

Niles was right. He had to fight, at least try instead of moping around and doubting himself in his bedroom. Ulrich stood straighter and Niles smiled as the fighter in his king shined. The demon reached into his breast pocket and handed a piece of paper to Ulrich.

“The seer you hired called back, she gave me this address, said to be there in four hours”

Ulrich took the paper and skimmed the writing. The sorceress, Kaila had pinpointed Sabine at a location in Paris. Damn, that woman liked to move around. She was at a club that he knew well of, it was one of Vanessa’s favorites in the past.

“Is my brother still here?” Ulrich grabbed his jacket and keys.

“Yes, He’s downstairs, would you like me to send for him”

Ulrich shook his head. “Just tell him that him that I’m leaving, he knows what to do”

Niles nodded and bowed. “May the fates be with you”

0o0

Sabine was in a foul mood again. She was hungry and her Dubonnet and gin wasn’t working so well either on her empty stomach. She had come to Paris for a vacation. Shop and relax, away from the events of the past couple of days. In actuality, she had really hoped to get her mind off that damn wolf.

She hadn’t paid much attention to the opposite sex, but Sabine knew when she saw a handsome man and Ulrich just radiated sex on a stick. She groaned, wanting to get drunk and just forget about everything in the morning…too bad vampires couldn’t get tipsy.

Sabine was ready to order another drink from the bartender who was a demon. His eyes were slightly shrewd and he was big and muscled. He fixed her a drink and sat it down in front of her when she hadn’t called for another order yet.

“From the male across the bar” the bartender nodded his head to the left.

Her brow arched as she looked on to see a human male waving at her. He was a darker complexion male, nicely groomed but “human” wasn’t on her list of people to date. Plus he couldn’t compare to the wolf on her mind.

Sabine grumbled. “Just shoot me”

An earthy scent wafted under her nose and she sniffed, instantly turning around to see the lycan she was trying to forget, walk towards her. She hadn’t realized how tall he was before or maybe it was because she was just sitting down. The dancing crowd separated from his tall stature and his broad shoulders dressed in a simple leather gray jacket white shirt and black dress pants. He was gorgeous.

“Well, I didn’t expect to find you here out of all places” his deep voice sent a chill down her neck.

He sat down next to her and ordered a whiskey from the bartender. Sabine’s eyes were glued to his profile, inspecting every inch of his clean shaven face. Until he turned to look at her, those blue eyes glowed in the club lights.

“How did you find me?” she asked. She already knew on the rooftop that he didn’t pose a threat to her. Plus she was his only connection to finding Salvatore.

He shrugged lightly. “If I want someone to be found I’ll find them”

One of the benefits being a king…

“This place doesn’t suit you” Ulrich said after taking a sip of his drink.

“How so?”

His eyes scrutinized her for a bit. “You keep to yourself; a quiet room with a book in your hand is probably your cup of tea”

She was about to say something smart until she saw the smirk on his lips.

“You’re trying to irritate me on purpose”

He chuckled. “I’m trying to make you laugh, what does a man have to do to make you smile?”

Sabine didn’t respond to that because she didn’t know, a man never courted her before. Instead, she had the urge to leave but he was just going to follow her or find her as he did now. Better if she left now so she could stop looking at him…

Sabine finished off her Dubonnet, the last bit made her stomach churn. “you can find others to give you the information you need”

“and why is it you can’t tell me what I need to know” his voice had sharpened angrily.

She then turned to him, her legs crossed. “What did Salvatore do to you? He was mighty pissed to know that you had spoke to me”

“That’s because he fears me…He took something of mines…a long time ago”

The way his voice softened at the end made her doubt it was something. He had lost someone maybe a family member or a lover. She was going to ask him but he had turned to her, a question on the rise.

“Why do you not want to know about your past?”

Sabine remembered her response from the other night. She did want to but…

“I’d be crazy not to want to know” she stroked the neck of her cocktail glass.

“But?”

Sabine sighed. “I’ve been dead for so long. I’ve always dreamed that as a human, I had a family that loved me…at least searched for me when I...”

She stopped herself short, shocked that she was about to spill her life story to a man she just met. There was something about him that made her comfortable, way too comfortable. She straightened up and grabbed her purse.

“It’s just better for me, plus every one I knew is dead, right?”

Ulrich just stared at her.

When she slid off the seat, her heels barely hit the floor before she was swooped up into a hard chest. She wasn’t ready for the warm lips that caught hers in a kiss. Sabine couldn’t describe it, but the simple contact made her nails curl against his biceps. Sabine shoved herself away from him...wary of the rush of feeling jolting through her body.

Ulrich exhaled as he stared down at her, sliding a finger under her chin. “I can assure you that you were not alone as you think you were”

“I think I should leave” before I melt like a puddle.

The wolf shook his head. “Dance with me”Why am I not mad at him for kissing me? “I don’t know how to”

“Well, you’ll learn tonight”

Sabine let him drag her over to the dance floor, his arm still around her waist. Instead of distancing herself away from him, she wanted to get closer, his big body cocooning her from everyone in the club. His hand didn’t venture from the small of her back as he started a slow pace.

“You know we’re slow dancing to techno, right?”

Ulrich shrugged. “we’re taking a few baby steps”

In truth, he liked the feel of her body against him and just forced the music out of his head. Sabine decided to stop being so uptight and cautiously leaned her head against his chest. Her body stiffened for the moment and when Ulrich made no move on his part, she slightly relaxed, humming a melody in her mind.

Her eyes closed and she could just feel him and no one else. His heartbeat pumped so strongly against her temple, She could swear it felt so familiar, so…

“Did you know me when I was human?”

Ulrich stiffened but he replied. “Yes”

Her hands traveled up his back and his throat went dry. “At the bar when you kissed me, did you kissed me before”

“I did”

He looked down at her when she propped her hands on his shoulder and stepped back to look at his face. She was so damn beautiful. He had the urge to kiss her again and do so much more but he was patient it would be a matter of time before she was his.

“So who was the heartbreaker?”

“What?”

She rolled her eyes. “Who ended the relationship, you’re probably around…my age or a little older, you weren’t fully immortal yet and I was human, things like that didn‘t mix in our time”

She thinks we were young and in love…as mortals.

He sighed. “It wasn’t like that”

“Oh? Well that’s too bad” she placed her head back on his chest.

Ulrich decided it was time to tell her, no matter what she thought of him.

“Sabine, there’s something I need-

Nothing in the world could have prepared him for the set of soft lips that pressed against his. Here she was kissing him, her hands clutching his shoulders. She led every step of the way, her tongue reaching out to taste his mouth. With a groan, he wrapped his arms around her and yanked her flush against him, now taking full control of her mouth.

Minutes later, Ulrich had to take a breather, he stared down at Sabine’s face, her lips were swollen from their kiss and her eyes were golden, but much darker evident by her desire for him.

He ran a finger under her chin. “What brought that on?”

“I wanted to try something”

“A test?”

She nodded then she nibbled her lip with her fang. “A test…I want to continue somewhere more…private”

Ulrich had her out of the club before she could even blink.

End Notes:
yea i wanted to break the shell on Sabine a bit, i'll explain it a bit more in the next chapter...hope you liked the chapter
Chapter 16 by Variety
Author's Notes:
another update, shorter than the usual but hope you like it

One might think her a fool for doing this but the lycan released something in her that she had never felt for another male before. Desire. Her body had been burning since she kissed him, her nipples were hard, and her legs quivered, anticipating the moment she would slip naked into his bed, into his arms.

Sabine walked around the suite, taking in the nice city view as Ulrich locked the door behind him. That night when Raze kissed her, she felt nothing, but the lycan’s kiss was like electricity through her veins, if only she could just enjoy this one night for herself. She was afraid, yes, but she learned to overcome her fears before and she could do so tonight. The sound of keys hit the living room table before a smaller light clicked on from the kitchen.

“Anything to drink?” Ulrich called out.

Sabine would love to sink her teeth into the Scottish king, she inwardly grinned at the thought.

“Vodka”

Ulrich came out with a bottle of vodka and two glasses. His jacket was gone and Sabine got to admire his muscular arms under the light. She took the glass he filled and downed it all in one swallow, barely feeling the burn in her joints. Ulrich leaned back in his chair with glass in hand.

“I want to ask one question, but promise me that you won’t get angry”

She scoffed. “Can’t promise that”

Ulrich stood up from the couch and for someone so big, his footsteps hardly made a sound on the hardwood floor. He stopped just in front of her, her spine tingle when his nails traced softly up her arms before resting at her lower jaw. When he leaned over, Sabine readied herself for another kiss on the lips but felt the tender brush of his lips on her forehead.

“Before anything happens in that bedroom, I want to know…if you feel anything for him”

Salvatore? Sabine laughed. “That you don’t have to worry about”

“But I have something to say too”

He nodded. “Go ahead”

“Just because I’ll be sleeping with you tonight, doesn’t mean anything. We can handle this situation like adults”

When Ulrich opened his mouth to speak. Sabine put a finger to his lips. “I didn’t come here to talk, so shut up and kiss me”

The words barely left her mouth before he did just that, and the flame returned, heating her skin with unbridled desire. Not in the public eye anymore, Sabine let herself taste his mouth, explored it, learned it until she had the lycan panting as he tried mold her into his body like second skin.

The more she touched him, the more she had to have him. His lips traveled to her jaw line, caressing small kisses there as he dipped lower into her neck. Sabine couldn’t help the fragile moan that escaped her throat as he nibbled the skin between her neck and shoulders.

She couldn’t believe it. Her damn legs started trembling. Ulrich grinned smugly in between her shoulders as he hoisted her up and eased them down onto the couch. Sabine finally noticed that the lights had dimmed illuminating the moonlight outside.

Ulrich’s eyes were brighter too, as he took in her form in his lap.

“How do you take this damn thing off?” he pulled at the ribbons of her corset top.

Sabine smacked him. Hard. “I will tear your damn hand off if you rip this”

Ulrich leaned back with a grin “well then be my guess but next time…”

Who said there was going to be a next time, buddy? Sabine reached behind her and began to unfasten the corset. Ulrich hungrily watched as the top slipped away and his warm calloused hands surrounded her naked breasts.

“So damn beautiful” a deep growl resonated from his chest.

Sabine nearly screamed when her cheeks warmed. Was she blushing! Sabine did not blush nor do her legs quiver like a horny hot headed sixteen year old virgin! She hoped that he couldn’t see anything with her hair covering her face; this lycan was more dangerous to her than she had thought.

She jolted in his lap when his moist tongue swirled around her nipple. She clenched her teeth, forcing herself not to moan aloud, so Ulrich couldn’t tell how much she enjoyed it. Ulrich bit, sucked and teased her nipple until she gave up and pressed her breast closer to his mouth. Sabine’s hand traveled down to the bulge between her legs. She unbuttoned his pants and caressed the thick and hard cock standing at attention.

“Well…I’m impressed”

The lycan smiled crookedly at her. “You haven’t seen anything yet”

He began to peel the skirt from her hips and she straddled him again, almost ready to explode as she positioned him at her entrance. Sabine moaned forcing the anxiety into the back of her mind as she slid down Ulrich thick girth. He held onto her hips, before wedging firmly inside her.

She did it. Sabine prided in herself knowing that Salvatore no longer had a hold on her life. Here she found a man that could kiss her and touch her in the most intimate places and she didn’t buckle under the pressure. she started moving her hips, nipping his earlobes as she rode him slow.

“take your time, this is all about you” he whispered.

Oh god, I‘m actually enjoying sex for the first time…A low purring vibrated through his chest as Sabine alternated between paces, searching for a rhythm. She had never sought to please herself before, not even through masturbation. Ulrich’s hands had tightened on her waist, moving his hip upwards as he moved deeper inside her.

He grunted, thrusting firmly against her. “You’re perfect, Sabine”

She couldn’t help the cry from her lips as Ulrich took control of her body, thrusting faster and deeper as if he was trying to reach another part of her. She clung to his arms, moving in unison until the tension in her broke, releasing the most pleasurable sensation all over her body, jolting her senses alive.

So that is what true pleasure feels like…

Ulrich soon began to shake underneath her as he reached his orgasm, still deeply embedded in her as she felt his hot cum rush from him. Sabine registered little as he lifted her from the couch and next the feel of sheets against her back.

“you are something else, woman”

She propped herself up. The lycan was completely stripping down and her desire returned tenfold as she ogled every inch of him. Tan skin, muscles rippling everywhere and that impressive organ hung between his legs. Sabine had finally admitted to herself that she was physically attracted to the wolf. There should be no reason that she couldn’t enjoy the time she had with him.

Ulrich crawled over her, bracing his arms over her head as he kissed down her torso.

“what are you thinking about?”

“I never bedded a king before, I would’ve sooner if I knew it would be this good”

He chuckled. “you sure know how to boost a man’s ego”

“well, I have plenty of other tricks up my sleeve too”

His dark head came back up, nipping her bottom lip with his teeth. Sabine felt a oncoming of nausea as he lowered to her neck.

“No need to show off yet, remember this night is about you”

She swallowed as he placed her legs over his shoulder, his face still hidden between the valley of her breast. Sabine didn’t know why she was tensing all of a sudden, her throat felt constricted…was she sweating? The lycan was a large man, his broad shoulders and heavy arms caged her in. Ulrich’s cock teased at her entrance but instead of the desire she should be feeling, fear clawed at her.

What the hell?

Ulrich looked up as he sensed her moment of distress, but it wasn’t the lycan she saw. Black eyes bore down into her, his mouth twisted in a sinister smile. Sabine reacted immediately pushing Salvatore away from her but he fought against her.

you will always be mine…

“NO!” she screamed as loud as she could.

A hard shake jerked her to reality. Sabine barely heard the lycan yelling at her as she dove from the bed and shot into the bathroom. She barely made it to the toilet before the night‘s alcohol erupted from her stomach. The warm hand that caressed her back made her flinch, despite that it was only the wolf trying to calm her.

Tears blurred her vision but she didn’t dare make them fall. Salvatore still had a hold on her. When Ulrich settled between her legs above her, she felt more vulnerable to him, the deeper part of her mind still remembered the pain during those times. More out of anger at herself, she shoved Ulrich’s hand away and got up, searching for her clothes.

“where the hell do you think you’re going”

She shot him a warning look.

Ulrich yanked her away from the room door before she opened it. He picked her up like a rag doll and tossed her on the bed, Sabine was outraged, hissed and shot straight to her feet.

Her eyes nearly looked red in the dark “who the hell do you think you are?”

“Sit down before I toss your ass back on the bed” Ulrich matched his anger with hers.

Sabine cracked her knuckles. “listen her-

“no you shut up and listen, Did you not realize that it‘s almost daylight?, plus you’re not going anywhere until we discuss what happened just now”

Daylight? Sabine got up and walked to the curtain. She didn’t see the cautious stepped Ulrich took towards her. Wary of the dawning light, Her hand skimmed the curtain and realized that the lycan had it doubled for extra protection…for her.

She swallowed stiffly. Get a hang of yourself, girl…He’s not the enemy.

Ulrich ran a hand through his hair, breathing deeply to calm himself down “I didn’t want you to worry while you were asleep”

And he was so sure that she would stay. The tears she had tried so hard to hold fell, but she quickly wiped them. A gentle hand turned her around, but Sabine didn’t want him to see her cry, crying was a weakness, for some reason she didn’t want him to see that in her.

A finger tucked under her chin. “I’m sorry if I had hurt you, that was not my intention”

Sabine composed herself. “whatever it is you’re playing at…it’s working”

Ulrich was about to reply but she placed a finger on his lips.

“You know you talk too much”

His smile warmed her. “I’ve been told”

She walked past him and crawled into the bed. When Sabine settled into the sheets, she realized that Ulrich hadn’t followed after. He pulled a chair from the living room and dragged it to the end of the bed. He sat down and pulled the extra bed sheet over his body.

He looked so uncomfortable in that little chair.

Their eyes connected for a moment before Sabine moved over for more room and pulled the sheets back.

End Notes:

hope you liked it and i'll update pretty soon

Hunger by Variety
Author's Notes:
hello everyone, sorry for the long wait, i got a little stuck on this chapter for some reason. Hope you enjoy.

Ulrich didn’t fall asleep straight away after he climbed in behind Sabine. She was cuddled against his chest, asleep on her side with her head lying on a plump pillow. The room was comfortably silent as he combed her hair with his fingers, teasing the tresses away from her face. He was slightly happy with the progress he made with her, but what happened mere hours ago bugged him.

Real fear was in her eyes, the complete opposite of what had transpired in the living room on his couch. The deepest form of sadness had sunk within Ulrich’s heart. Sabine was a beautiful woman and fiercely defiant, that dead heartless leech had abused his mate, physically, mentally and sexually.

Sabine lived under Salvatore’s hand for centuries. He was not overly surprised by her heated and guarded behavior. It angered him that she had to endure the worst by his enemy, if only he had stayed by her side then…

He traced a finger over her seemingly soft lips, noting the discoloration under her eyes. She was thinner since that night on the roof which meant she had a poor way of keeping herself healthy. He pulled the sheet further down her body revealing her naked skin. She was flawless and soft to the touch all around, however when his hand slipped down to her ankle, the deep scar still remained intact. Ulrich placed a soft kiss there.

Sabine rustled, cupping her legs closer to her body.

It was still early but Ulrich went to take a shower not wanting to wash Sabine’s lovely scent off him. Afterwards he called his brother to make sure things were running smoothly.

“calling to check up on me, brother?” Sebastian asked, yawning into the phone.

“it’s a little late to be sleeping” he replied

“actually it’s the perfect time, I’m not like you to wake up during all hours of the morning, plus everything is fine here so I can enjoy my rest a little longer”

Ulrich chuckled then switched to their native tongue. “well I’ve found what I was looking for”

“I can only assume she’s there next to you, sleeping?””

“We shared the night together but I don’t doubt that she’ll bolt when she wakes up”

Sebastian sighed. “and you haven’t told her yet”

Ulrich touched Sabine’s hip, caressing the skin there. “She knows that we’ve had contact before she turned”

“but that’s not enough brother, tell her the whole story. Curiosity is a strong thing, even if she hates you, she’ll want to know every single detail from your mouth, you are her only source”

Ulrich took the words to heart, running a hand through his hair. He didn’t want to risk telling her so soon. She would think that he betrayed her, especially after what they shared the previous night. He thought about his decision, long and hard. “ I’ll tell her tonight…when she wakes.”

He could hear his niece, Harmony, crying in the background, her voice was strained and she coughed softly as Mary softly singed to her.

“How is the baby doing?”

Sebastian shifted around. “Much better, she pretty much cried all night, Mary had to give her a remedy to put her to sleep…so when are you going to tell father, he’ll be keen to seeing her”

Ulrich wanted to give them more time to bond before she confronted the family. “Much later I will need time…with her first.”

Sebastian was quiet for a while. “so…what are you planning to do about Salvatore?”

“What else, he’s been dodging me for the past 500 years, but I know he’ll be looking for Sabine and that will lead me right to him and then I’ll torture the bastard slowly before roasting him in the sun”

He could imagine Bastian nodding. “Whatever you plan to do brother, you have my support”

Ewwwwww!

“What happened?” He clicked on the lights to the kitchen and fixed him a drink.

“Harmony just threw up her afternoon milk…and I think last night’s medicine…I’ll have to call you back”

“Be well, brother”

Ulrich hung up and crawled back beside Sabine, moving her closer to his chest as he draped an arm over waist. It was a bold move, she might not like it when she wakes but Ulrich was feeling a bit selfish and wanted to remember the old days when they slept in bed all day, just wanting to be closer to each other. He tried to imagine that again as his eyes drifted closed and sleep overcame him.

0o0

 

Something was wrong…He could tell as the effects of sleep began to wore off. Ulrich sat up in bed looking around the dark room. Was he asleep that long? He sighed realizing why Sabine was still asleep as well since she was still in bed, her arm covering her face.

“Sabine?” He touched her shoulder.

Ulrich urgently turned on the light as alarm gripped him. Sabine’s skin was burning hot and she was trembling. He didn’t have to guess what was happening to her. He gently turned her over, and her brown eyes had a thick band of red around her irises. She needed to feed.

“You need to feed more often” He scolded firmly, placing her in his lap.

She shuddered, “leave me…alone. It will pass”

Ulrich sliced his wrist with his sharp claw, the blood immediately dripping on his clothes. When he placed it near Sabine’s mouth, she moved her head.

“you would rather starve?” His voice rose a bit. “I’ll force it down if I have to Sabine”

She glared at him, her skin paler by the minute. “ Go ahead, you won’t be the first”

He sighed before cupping her chin, making her look into his eyes.

“Have I hurt you so far? You slept in my arms all day and I couldn’t have enjoyed it more. I want to protect you Sabine, take care of you, but you have to trust me, can you do that?”

Sabine didn’t say a thing. He reopened his wrist and placed it near her mouth. She hesitated before placing her lips on his wrist. Once her tongue came in contact with his blood, Sabine lost all thought, sinking her teeth into him with firm pressure.

Ulrich grunted expecting more pain the pleasure that swept over his entire body. He never been bitten before…should a bite feel like this. Sabine gripped onto his arm for dear life, moaning as she took deep swallows of his blood. Ulrich fought with his self control. The female was driving him mad and it was only a matter of seconds before he shoved that breast his arm was resting on in his mouth. Right before he made solid of his word, Sabine let him go, gasping deeply as she tried to sit upright.

She took deep breaths as if to calm her racing heart.

It took that one sultry look before he collided into her, lacing his tongue into her mouth. Sabine didn’t deny him, fighting as compassionately in dominating the kiss. His hand wretched in her hair and he gently pulled her hair, sucking the skin of her neck, a place that was beginning to easily drift her over the edge.

Their lips parted and Sabine sighed. “I didn’t bother to bring any blood packs with me…thank you”

The last part she barely whispered, but Ulrich was only glad to see her skin retain its natural glow and her body return to its return to its original shape. Even her hair shined more in the dim light of the lamp. He would try often to get her feeding schedule back on track.

“blood packs? Do you drink from humans”

She shook her head and slid off the bed and pulled his shirt on before settling against the bed’s headboard. Ulrich noticed that there was more to her not just drinking straight from the source but he wouldn’t push her into details. At least not now. He felt the tender spot of his neck, running his fingertips over the mark.

“It’ll be gone before morning” she replied. “I probably took more than I should have”

Ulrich straightened up then. “I’m fine. I don’t get weak from a little blood loss. Gotten to use to the feeling.”

Sabine smiled grimly and pulled her hair from her face. Something was on her mind, he knew. Her face was cast off in a distant look and he feared her biting him might have caused something in the past to enter her mind. He wanted to rid her of it.

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight”

Sabine looked up. “Are you kidding me…”

He stretched, noticing the way she eyed his torso. “I’m completely serious, It’s still early for us to get you something to wear, There’s a nice restaurant I know not far from here.”

She nibbled her lip then shook her head. “I can’t eat fo-”

Ulrich disagreed. “Yes, you can plus it’ll help balance out the blood in your system, you won’t get hungry as quick”

He think he knows everything…and I can‘t believe I‘m doing this. ”Fine…then I guess…but I didn’t bring anything appropriate for a restaurant”

“I meant that it’s early to go shopping, we can shower here and we’ll change clothes at the store”

She contemplated the idea for a moment. “well then if you’re buying…” she said waltzing away into the bathroom.

Ulrich quickly grabbed the hotel phone and made reservations at the restaurant. When he entered the bathroom, observing the naked and wet vampiress through the shower glass door, Desire shot through his body and he quickly shed his clothes.

“What are you doing lycan?”

He took the soap from her hand and brought her closer to him. “When I said we can shower here, I didn’t mean separately”

She laughed, which sounded heavenly to his ears. “We’ll never leave this bathroom”

“never say never” He kissed her, shutting the shower door.

End Notes:

Sabine is still a little out of character. When she's around Ulrich, she's much calmer and not so angry until he makes her. She confronted by alot of emotions that she wasn't alllowed to feel when she was with Salvatore. just wanted to tell you that in case you wondered...hope you liked it and have a great day!! <(*_*V)

A gift by Variety
Author's Notes:
OKay this chapter pretty much deals with one of Sabine's "bad habits" she has a few that i might write about, maybe one or two...but i hope that you enjoy this chapter, i had fun with it.

“Mr. Braun!”

Sabine and Ulrich barely walked through the door when a tall statuesque woman approached them. She was the manager of the large and fashionably stylish boutique that Ulrich recommended they head to. Sabine knew why because he obviously shopped here several times before.

“Hello Mona” He had to bend down a bit to kiss her heavily rouged cheeks.

Mona was Italian, possibly in her early to mid forties. She was tall, with long legs adorned in a designer skirt and silk blouse. You could tell she was beautiful once but stress and hard work and taken a toll on her sensitive skin.

Sabine was completely invisible even as she stood next to Ulrich.

“and how have you been darling? It’s been quite a while since you graced that lovely face through my store”

She had the urge to roll her eyes. Ulrich clenched her hand, hearing the small grunt of disapproval escape her lips.

“I’ve been doing fine Mona, and how are the children?”

Her face lit up. “they are doing wonderful, Pierre just went off to college in the summer, I’ll tell him you said hello…Is there anything I can get you today?”

Ulrich nudged Sabine forward. “how rude of me, Mona this is Sabine, Sabine this is Mona Francesco, She has the best selection of clothes on this side of the Seine, I visit while I can”

Mona had instantly itched with discomfort, Sabine’s current clothes entailed the dark green velvet corset (plus ample of cleavage) and skin tight skirt that hung down to her feet with a slit up to her thigh and Thigh heeled boots. She was beautiful though, with dark skin, a set of full lips and long luxurious hair, but her eyes were empty…cold.

The woman tried her best to smile though she didn‘t offer a kiss as she did Ulrich. The female was so different from the arm candy she often saw Ulrich associate with. She didn‘t have to guess twice about Sabine, the dark skinned female held herself in a manner that seemed to offend Mona, almost in a jealous manner. Money and Sex…Mona was too quick to judge. But she would be polite as was expected of her.

“Oh…It is lovely to meet you…um..is there anything in specific that you need”

The vampiress falsely smiled, expertly hiding her small fangs. “I’m looking for a dress, something for our night out in town, nothing too flashy”

A arm slipped around Sabine’s waist. “I’ll show her around, Mona. I believe that you should have a new shipment of suits available?”

The manager nodded. “Only the finest for our best customers, Nick will be waiting for you”

Ulrich thanked her and escorted Sabine away.

“I thought I was going to have to send someone to the hospital”

He chuckled. “be nice, Mona’s a little judgmental sometimes but she means well”

Sabine grunted. “I bet if I walked in with a case full of money, she’d be crawling at my feet. Snobbish, worthless bit-”

“Hey” he stopped in front of her. “I didn’t bring you here to kick everyone’s ass, excluding me…calm down, go pick a dress, and enjoy it”

She did like the fact that she could probably pick the most expensive thing out here and not worry about the bill, but she really didn’t care about breaking his pocket. She was going to enjoy walking up each aisle, dragging Mona like a slave until her feet start burning like the fires of hell.

That she could enjoy.

“Okay” Sabine agreed shrugging her shoulders. “I’ll be good.”

“damn right you are, you’ll behave if I leave you here, no harassing?” Ulrich asked, arching an eyebrow.

“you make me sound like a bully” Which she knew she was a 100%

He laughed, the vibration rumbled in her chest. “If only you knew”

Ulrich gave her a small kiss on the forehead before he left towards the men department. Sabine stood there awhile, watching that fascinating creature walk away from her. She sighed. Sometimes I can’t believe my luck.

Okay…now to the task at hand. What kind of dress was she looking for? Something black? No, too original. Red…oooohh a very sexy red dress and her wavy hair was already pulled into a ponytail cascading over her right shoulder, Sabine agreed. Red it is.

Good thing that all the dresses were categorized in color. She found herself against a wall full of red dresses and began to search fruitlessly for her winning attire. Almost half an hour passed when she pulled a couple of dresses, and waltzed her way towards the dressing room. The jewelry section was lit in bright lights and Sabine couldn’t help herself to a detour.

The place had no clerk standing behind the desk but she did see a chair where she could rest the dresses upon. Sabine had twinkles in her eyes as she skimmed her fingers along the diamond necklaces on the counter, a bottle of jewelry cleaner was sitting next to them. The idiot behind the counter just left thousands of dollars worth of diamonds for anyone to snatch them up, and surprisingly the thought of theft had not crossed her mind.

Sabine tried on a few pieces, fashioning them in the department mirror. She would absolutely die of humiliation if the lycan saw her modeling in front of a mirror like an excited child. Would he buy her a piece of jewelry if she asked? But she knew she wouldn’t, she had too much pride.

Sabine let out an audible gasp as she came upon the last necklace, the multiple shine of diamonds seemed too delicate to touch but she continued to carefully lift it from its satin case. The coolness she felt around her neck and collarbone seemed to feel so right, this was the necklace for her. She dimly smiled, wondering how such a small thing could make her feel so beautiful. Her face fell, also thinking what made the lycan so attracted to her, after all that had been done to her, she didn’t feel as beautiful as he thought her.

The time was passing away and Sabine reached to unclasp the necklace, the weight of it slipped quickly from her neck and onto the floor sliding under a table. She sighed in irritation and bent to retrieve it.

“Mona needs better cleaners” she muttered to herself as she wiped the dusty necklace on the fabric of her skirt.

On cue, Mona happened to walk by, as if she was looking for someone, her eyes brightened as she spotted Sabine and then her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“What are you doing?”

Sabine turned around, the necklace dangling in her hand. Mona turned bright red obviously with anger.

“I knew you were too good to be true, he talks so highly of you and you’re stealing behind his back”

“Excuse me…I wasn’t stealing anything” Sabine countered back, struggling to contain her own anger.

The woman scoffed. “And you would lie when I saw, give me the necklace please”

Sabine more like tossed it to her and Ulrich entered suddenly, his reflexes caught the necklace flying clear over Mona’s head. He sensed Sabine’s anger and glanced at the disrupted jewelry on the counter.

“what happened” he firmly asked.

Mona answered first. “I caught her stealing”

An unnatural growl escaped Sabine’s lips. “I did not!”

The human woman steeled herself as a shadow of fear crept up her spine. Did she just growl at me? No…I just imagined that. I’ll prove to Ulrich that this woman is not for him…her eyes has no warmth, what does he see in her?

Ulrich approached Sabine, she was obviously angry and he felt that she was being honest. Her eyes were almost a livid gold, and her fangs peeked a bit from the crevice of her lips.

“Calm down” he whispered, stroking the side of her cheek. Her anger dissipated slightly. “tell me what happened”

She sighed. “I was going to the dressing room, I saw the jewelry department and just wanted to look…no one was here and I saw the necklaces, and tried them on. That one (she pointed to his hand) fell on the floor and I was only wiping it not stealing

And why did she feel as if she really wanted him to trust her word. She usually didn’t care, she took what she wanted and needed, though she didn’t steal anything this night and she wanted him to believe her.

Ulrich nodded. “her skirt doesn’t have pockets and there is a smudge of dust here on her skirt, Mona did you see her place anything underneath her clothes?”

She tightly drew her lips. “No, her back was turned to me”

“So you don’t know for sure if she was stealing or not?”

A moment of silence and she shook her head.

Ulrich sighed. “Sabine says she didn’t steal anything and you didn’t actually see anything…So there’s no reason to continue this”

At that moment the jewelry clerk decided to come back, His eyes as big as saucers when Mona screamed at him in Italian. She gripped him by the ear and hauled him away leaving the two immortals alone. Ulrich turned back to Sabine, her face void of emotion.

“Have you ever stolen before?”

She narrowed her eyes. “yes, and I’m not ashamed that I had to take what I needed to survive but if you asking me between the lines if I really planned to steal anything here, no…the thought didn’t cross my mind”

He could tell by her tone that she was offended. He didn’t like that she stole things in the past. She didn’t have to do that now while she was with him. He had funds that would support them and the next seven generations afterward. He placed the necklace back on its satin stand but didn’t miss the longing looking in her eyes.

“Are you done picking your dress” He asked.

“my mood is completely shot right now, I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere”

Ulrich nodded, placing his hands in his pocket. She hadn’t notice when he arrived that he was already dressed in his suit, all black, fit perfectly to his muscled body. He was gorgeous and ready for their dinner.

“I can understand…but I already got your gift…I can’t give it to you if you’re all ready to go home so soon”

Her eyes twinkled. “What gift”

“I can’t tell you, it’s a surprise but I promise to give it to you if you go and get ready for our dinner, Sabine you won’t be disappointed”

She thought for a while, “okay, I’ll go but I better get my gift when I leave that dressing room”

He agreed and leaned down, taking her lips in a kiss. He was firm and thorough with his time. The tension finally left her body and she placed her hands against his chest, feeling the strength underneath her fingertips. After minutes of their public display, It was Ulrich who finally pulled away and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

“get dress” he ordered and Sabine scoffed at his order of command but left nonetheless.

She posed in front of the large mirror, loving the way the gown accentuated her waist, and graced her complexion. Tonight would be her first date…something she never thought to see happen. But she never thought she would ever sleep willingly with a man again. The lycan was starting to show his worth and Sabine didn‘t feel as lonely as she did before. She knew the fairytale wasn’t going to last knowing that someone in particular would send it crashing around her. But she would enjoy the hell out of it while it would last.

She really did think about leaving and not going out with Ulrich. The human had ruined her plans. She could have simply bewitched Mona but the store was too crowded, any slight disruption would have ruined her chances. The cameras were everywhere too, even though she did do nothing wrong, she wanted to gut the woman, angry that Mona assumed Sabine not being good enough for a man she hardly knew herself.

“well look at you, Beautiful”

She turned to see Ulrich gazing down at her with a fierce look of desire. He paused over her shoulder before placing a simple kiss there, making her shudder down to her feet.

“you don’t look to bad yourself, your highness” she replied trying to get her emotions in check.

He stopped behind her, in front of the mirror.

“I believe I meant to give you something….Close your eyes”

She smiled playing along with his game, but when she felt the familiar coolness against her skin, her eyes snapped open and turned around to him. She couldn’t contain her joy when the diamond necklace she loved so much, the one Mona claimed she tried to steal, adorned her neck finishing her look for their date.

Ulrich was glad to see her speechless as she pawed at her neck.

He smiled. “A gift…to remember this night”

Sabine rushed him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she hugged the dear life out of him. She swore she wouldn’t cry but the tears sat at the seam of her eyelids, threatened to fall.

“Thank you” she had really meant that.

Ulrich caressed her chin as she stared up at him, her face was set in a small smile and her eyes were warm, almost loving.

“promise me that you won’t steal anymore…If there is anything you want, don‘t be afraid to share it with me, I won’t hesitate to get you anything you want. There is nothing I wouldn’t give you Sabine, nothing in the world”

“I promise…and there’s nothing you want in return?”

He shook his head. You’ve already given me the one thing I’ve wanted.

Ulrich led her the way to the front door. She assumed he had already paid for everything and wanted to ask how much everything cost. But she didn’t care about the bill, she touched her necklace with a smile all the way to the car, her eyes glued to the handsome man next to her.

She could never forget this night, no matter what happened.

End Notes:
well, hope you liked it...the next chapter might be that big bomb that some of you have been waiting for, i already have it done but i like to loosely write the chapters until an idea forms, read it over then add in all the details. so i haven't made up my mind yet but it wont be long!!
the truth by Variety
Author's Notes:
hello to all finish this chapter and im sure you all will be happy. enjoy!!

Sabine and Ulrich rode in comfortable silence as they approached the restaurant. She was still touching the necklace and Ulrich was happy to have bought it for her, she adored the piece of jewelry. When they pulled up to the front and Ulrich got out, Sabine realized that the restaurant was completely empty, save for the sharp dressed waiter at the door. She eased out of her seat only to hear Ulrich scold her as he gently guided her out.

“You were supposed to wait, lass”

She looked behind her. “wait for what…and what did you just call me?”

He chuckled, taking her hand. “Next time just wait until I open the door for you”

Oops…I have no clue what I’m doing. She had no knowledge of the customs of courting. She spent more that two hundred years locked away in a old mansion. The rest of her life was everything but romantic.

The waiter greeted them and direct them to their seats. Sabine grabbed for her chair and Ulrich cleared his throat quickly pulling it out for her. She smiled nervously, now afraid of looking like a complete idiot. She sat down and Ulrich took his seat.

“what would you like to drink?” the waiter asked, pulling out a small pad of paper.

“Vodka” Sabine almost shouted. Ulrich could sense her nervousness and ordered them a glass of red wine.

“you never done this before have you?” He asked as the waiter left out of sight.

“No but I’m not nervous, what do I have to be nervous for?” she said itching for that drink of vodka.

Ulrich leaned forward, placing his warm hand on top of hers, his voice was gentle. “Calm down, we’re only eating and talking, nothing more”

She sighed. “you probably think I’m an idiot, I’m over 500 years old and never been on a date”

“Hey” his face grew serious. “don’t you ever say that, we wouldn’t be here if I thought that about you”

Now I’m overreacting… “it’s just I don’t know how to do this, I don’t know these customs, what’s next…Do I still have to wait until you take the first bite of your plate?”

He laughed. Like…really laughed at her and Sabine got a little mad. “These aren’t the old times, sweetie”

She crossed her arms and glared at him.

“Okay I’m sorry I laughed. You’ll get used to it one day, it’s not that hard. Do you know what you want to eat yet?”

She groaned, picking up her menu. Everything sounded weird. Who wants to eat a damn duck? Caviar, squid? She placed her hands on the table.

“Is there anything on here that’s not straight out of the sea?”

He fingered the menu “The rabbit’s fine, it tastes like chicken to me…I’m having lamb, well that tastes like chicken to me too”

Sabine shrugged. “I guess I’ll have what you’re having”

The waiter came back with a bottle of wine and glasses. Ulrich placed their order and asked if the waiter could leave the bottle behind. The wine is nice, Sabine thought slightly relaxing in her chair.

“So…don’t you have any place better to be than buying me dinner?”

The lycan shook his head. “Not at the moment”

“what about your family…From the information I collected I only heard of a brother” Sabine questioned again.

Ulrich leaned back in his seat. “My mother and father have long gone from Scotland, enjoying their vacation time in the states…My son is currently with his mother-”

Sabine grunted, not realizing her tone. “you‘re mated?”

“No, that is something I take very seriously. I only married twice. My ex-wife, we divorced over 70 years ago, the only reason I tolerate her is because of Vincent, my son.”

She gazed at him. “You two don’t get along much, you and your son?”

“He was young, and Vanessa wanted to turn the thing I loved most against me, she hasn’t succeeded yet, but there are some things that I wish I could turn around”

Sabine didn’t say anything much after that. The situation between he and his son seemed like a serious one. The Vanessa chick seemed liked a devious bitch but she would just wait a while longer to tell Ulrich that.

“So let‘s talk about you?” she didn’t know if he was joking or…

“what?”

“From what I know you were an only child, your mother left soon after you were born and your father raised you”

Sabine glared at him. “And why are you telling me this”

“because its something you should know”

He was really starting to piss her off with that “she should know business”.

“If I wanted to know about my family, I’d ask-”

He placed his utensil down with a loud clink. “He didn’t know you were taken Sabine…your father died of cancer, a swift disease in that day and age. You were happy and he died knowing you were happy”

She crossed her arms, those brown eyes flashing gold. “well I didn’t stay happy for long, did I? and why should I waste my time trying to figure out about my past? I don’t remember a singe shred of my humanity, I don‘t feel any curiosity about it whatsoever, it’s a life I don’t need, its in the past and I expect it to stay there”

The waiter came preventing Ulrich from speaking. The young man placed their food down but did it quickly. Sabine was still staring daggers at Ulrich across the table. He leaned over and wrote something down on a piece of napkin. The waiter nodded and left.

“what was that about” Sabine asked as Ulrich stood up from his chair.

He looked at her “something to help ease your nerves”

She scoffed. “you know I‘m not a bomb waiting to explode you know, I have some level of control over my…nerves“”

The waiter returned with a portable record player, he set it on and the room was filled with soft flowing music. Ulrich wiped his mouth and stood to his full height, offering his hand.

“May I please have this dance?”

Sabine was tempted to say no but she wouldn’t want to ruin her first date over a small temper. Her hand slid into his larger one and he placed the other hand on the small of her back. His breath traveled down her nape, making her shudder. “I don’t want to dance”

He twirled her, pressing her back into his chest. “well that‘s too bad”

Sabine spoke slowly, her body almost limp. “Wait…the food”

“Don’t worry about the food, just dance with me” Ulrich whispered.

They moved around the dining room. Ulrich led her in slow circles, the silence between them was comfortable. Sabine gave up resisting and placed her head on his chest but more thoughts began to trouble her. Why was she here? Could she have really found the one thing that she had once craved for. She knew she didn’t love the lycan but she couldn’t deny that there was something deep inside her that struggled to surface every time she looked at him, smelled him, and touched him.

These were feelings she never felt before and it scared her…

“What troubles you” Ulrich asked, caressing her back.

Sabine was silent a moment before replying. “I don’t know why I’m here…the things I did since I’ve been with you is unlike me. I’m always angry or fighting but I hardly feel that when I’m with you and that is…bad”

He chuckled. “maybe to you it is but from what I know so far, you’ve never enjoyed yourself. 500 years and you’ve been fighting everything and everyone within arm‘s length. You’re overwhelmed with what has happened in the past 24 hours because now you have the chance to live the life you wanted”

She pulled away and arched an eyebrow. “I’m not going to tell you how creepy that sounds reading me like that, Are you sure you’re just a werewolf?”

“100%” his warm finger caressed her jaw. “I am quite older than you, call it a sense of perception. I know you haven’t been treated like you should have been, but I promise you Sabine. I would never hurt you…let me take care of you as I did before Salvatore”

She was literally melting until his last words. Take care of you as I did before Salvatore…

“Before?” She shook her head. “What are you talking about…just how well did we know each other Ulrich?”

He sighed while he loosened his tie around his neck, he couldn‘t keep lying to her any longer. When he opened his mouth to talk, A loud crash turned them to the double doors and the waiter came flying out, literally across the dining room until he hit the wall, crumbling like a piece of balled paper. Blood rapidly crept from underneath the waiter’s body, his heart wasn’t beating.

The scent in the air, made Ulrich tense angrily, his throat erupted into threatening growls as he forced Sabine behind him.

She heard the loud heavy boots and moved to Ulrich‘s side despite his protest. Salvatore emerged from the swinging doors, wiping dust from his dark leather coat. The bastard had been tracking her. Fool….she should have been more careful.

“It’s been centuries, dear king” Salvatore spat.

He moved so quick before Sabine had the chance to rear him back. Ulrich bellowed furiously, his deadly sharp claws aimed to rip Salvatore head from his shoulder. The lycan was so close to his goal until the vampire vanished, reappearing behind Sabine.

Salvatore laughed. “You are so predictable, lycan”

Sabine struggled as her neck was tightly encased under Salvatore’s grip. Several vampires emerged from the double doors, most she recognized back from the mansion. They lined the walls but particularly close to Ulrich.

“Let her go, this is between you and me” his eyes was the color of gleaming ebony. His usually smaller fangs were longer and wickedly sharp.

“yes…this game of cat and mouse is tiring, give it up, lycan. You’ll never be able to kill me”

Ulrich’s lips curled. “we’ll never see if you keep running like a coward”

The vampire didn’t like that and he pointed the blade deeper into Sabine’s skin.

“you call me a coward?” He laughed. “I could kill you ten times over before you lay a finger on me…and remember I was the one who took your precious whoring wife.”

“tell me…is she the way you still remembered her?” He pushed Sabine forward but held her close, tightly by the hair.

Ulrich didn’t say a word. Her brown depths searched his face for the truth. He stared back at her, his silence was his answer.

“I’m not his wife” she declared, but he could sense the underlying question in her voice.

Salvatore reached into his pocket. “well you were, before I plucked you from his warm bed”

He tossed the item in his hand to Ulrich. “Tell her what it is”

Ulrich looked into his hand and sighed. A wave of emotions settled over him. He looked back to Sabine and opened his hand.

“It’s your wedding ring I gave to you…”

She steeled herself, eyes blazing with anger and betrayal. “I’m not your fucking wife”

Ulrich shoved the ring in his pocket. He could save the apologies for later but right now, Sabine’s safety was all that mattered. If Salvatore managed to escape with her a second time, Ulrich knew that he would never see her again.

The vampire grinned maliciously. Running his fingers down the front of Sabine’s dress.

“How does it feel, my child. To know that while I fucked you in our bed that your prince charming carried on with his life?”

The snarl that escaped from Ulrich’s throat was vicious. “Stop spilling your lies, leech”

Salvatore laughed. “Oh? Did you not marry another flea infested bitch of your kind? He only dealt with you Sabine to become king, why do you think that he never searched for you!”

“Don’t listen to him!”

Sabine couldn’t think, she was trembling through her entire body. She was fooled again. It was him, That night when she was turned, her heart felt empty, it felt as if a part of her was missing but she couldn’t remember, couldn’t remember the warm touch that lingered on her skin or the faint earthly smell still embedded in her mind. That’s why Ulrich felt so familiar to her, her body knew him and he used that to his own advantage.

She wasn’t even going to ask him why he didn’t tell her. I want Salvatore…his very words on the roof that night and Sabine was his link to the vampire. He manipulated and deceived her, Ulrich knew that Salvatore would find her.

“Sabine” The lycan took one step forward. “you must believe me, I love you, I didn’t intend for you to find out this way”

She refused to look him in the face or even speak to him. He led her into his bed on false pretenses, he said sweet things that weren’t true. they were all liars and this was a lesson Sabine finally learned.

She grunted as the knife Salvatore held deeply nicked her throat before jamming her elbow straight into Salvatore’s nose, making sure she broke every piece of bone. The other vampires ran straight for Ulrich, blocking him from advancing on the dazed vampire.

Ulrich ducked driving his hand through a vampire’s chest, disintegrating him to dusk. The other three wildly swung their blades hoping to cut chunks out of him. Ulrich caught the blade mid swing of the second vampire, the edge cut deep into his palm as he twisted the weapon free of his enemy and shoved it into through the vampire’s throat. Sabine barely held her own against Salvatore only because the dress had constricted her movements.

She attempted to duck Salvatore’s punches but a kick threw her against the far wall.

Anger and adrenaline pumped through Ulrich. The beast inside him reigned to get free and he was gladly to oblige. He howled as his body pumped with new strength, his teeth larger and his claws sharper. The last two vampire quivered as he transformed, dropping their weapons in shock and fear.

Ulrich swung his deadly claws and beheaded the vampire that threaten to escape. The last one shook badly and finally dropped to his knees begging for mercy. Ulrich raised his hand, to deliver the deadly blow until he heard Sabine scream.

He turned around and his heart dropped to see Salvatore embed his blade through her belly. Red covered his eyesight and Ulrich attacked catching the vampire by surprise as he held Salvatore by the neck against the wall. Ulrich knew that he now had Salvatore by his life, and wrapped his large hands around the vampire’s neck, waiting for his head to pop like a pimple.

Salvatore saw true fear then…he struggled raking his nails against the bulk of Ulrich’s arm. But the vampire was no match against Ulrich’s werewolf form. His eyes were bloodshot red and blood seeped from his mouth and ears.

Then Salvatore started laughing….

“You think this is the end!” his words bubbled through blood. “That whore will never be yours!”

z88;

z88;

Whore? It took every single piece of strength within him not to tear Salvatore to shreds. Ulrich had plans for him. Amidst his anger Ulrich embedded his claws in the vampire’s neck and pierced his claws straight through his throat. The vampire was old enough not to die from a neck wound but he would pass out from the extreme blood loss. Blood flowed freely from the vampire and Ulrich watched as Salvatore eye’s turned into a dead gaze. The body fell limply on the floor, It would take years of torture for that bastard to pay for what he did to Sabine.

At the thought of her, Ulrich quickly turned around, changing back into his human self. He found Sabine on the floor, in a small puddle of blood. He knelt down and assessed the damage to her torso. The blade went straight through and up, leaving a gaping wound in her belly and injured her spine.

“Sabine can you hear me?” He asked, lifting her into his lap.

Her eyes fluttered and her teeth chattered. She was looking at him but didn’t respond.

“You need to drink, your wound isn’t closing quick enough.”

He wondered what the hell she was grinning about until she erupted into bloody coughs. Ulrich bit his wrist and when he offered it to her mouth, Sabine fought him, tightly shutting her mouth. Now was not the time for her ass to be stubborn.

“open your mouth, Sabine” he demanded of her like a child.

She refused his wrist again and he growled. “Dammit it woman, drink!”

Ulrich knew when someone wanted to give up on life and…Sabine wanted to die….He now wished with every cell in his body that he had listened to his brother. He wanted to take away the defeated and agonized look in her eyes. He wanted to show Sabine that she could be treated the way she deserved to be treated.

He stared down at her. “I didn’t use you, and I promised myself that I wouldn’t lose you again. I’ll ask you for the last time to open your mouth”

Sabine recognized what he was going to do and hissed at him. “Don’t you…f. fucking dare”

“wrong answer”

End Notes:
glad you liked it and im already typing up the next chapter, see you soon!!
author's note by Variety
Author's Notes:
this is not a chapter update!! read on!!

Hello everybody, I know you all thought that this was a new chapter but I just wanted to take a few minutes and answer some questions I have received from my fellow readers.

1.) Salvatore is NOT dead. At the end of my last update he simply passed out from extreme blood loss. I haven’t done too many torture scenes and when I did they were short. I really don’t know if I’ll thoroughly write out a torture scene or not, but yes, Ulrich will get some form of revenge. So from now on you’ll see very little from Salvatore.

2.)I was asked why did Salvatore take Sabine in the first place. When I wrote this story I didn’t have a plan or sketch out any of my chapters. I didn’t reveal very much along the lines of why Salvatore attacked the lycan’s.

Salvatore and Ulrich’s father Aidan had made a treaty. With the vampires and the lycans in close vicinity of each other(lycans were predominantly in the UK and most vampires in Europe) Salvatore was supposed to keep the vampires in his area under control, until he got greedy and decided to have the UK to himself as well. Then you all know from what I wrote that Salvatore attacked the castle to try to kidnap Sabine in exchange for the castle, but instead he took Sabine for his own lust and greed.

I apologize for not being clear in this, when I first started the story, I really didn’t know where to take it so there was some things that I wasn’t clear on yet, but now you know….

3.) Sabine will be PISSED. I planned on her actually trying to kill Ulrich but that would be a little extreme wouldn’t it? I will try to focus in on Ulrich and Sabine’s relationship a lot more through the chapters and hope that you all will enjoy it.

I want to come up with a new supernatural story, maybe a vampire/human relationship? But I really have to think on how I want to work the plot….I want to be more prepared for that story than I was with this one. So you all might see a new story up soon or maybe not, who knows?

Well that was what I wanted to tell everyone, I will have the next chapter out soon and hope you keep liking my story…

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/vault/viewstory.php?sid=703