Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Cast of Characters:

Aquarius Simmons

Nadia Baines

Janiah Renee

Amethyst Levine

Chris Westbrook

Luke Pharrell

Ronnie Gill

Pete Wentz

Travis McCoy

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Aquarius
The Water Carrier

January 20 - February 18
The eleventh sign of the zodiac is concerned with:
* scientific analysis, experimentation, detachment
* friendship, courtesy, kindness, tranquility
* mystery, intrigues, magic, genius, originality
* eccentricity, independence, humanitarian issues
* fame, recognition, politics, creative arts
* electricity, magnetism, telecommunications

*

"Happy Birthday!!!!!!!"the four girls shouted excitedly as they all clinked their glasses of martini's each with a different flavor. They all made sure to make eye contact as they clicked glasses with each other, if you didn't, it was bad luck. Then they all downed as much as they could. Amethyst Levine, who wasn't the drinker among them, was celebrating her 21st birthday coincidentally, couldn't finish her Appletini. She wiped her mouth and then shook her head as she said,"Ahhh! This is so strong!"

"Get used to it!"Nadia Baines said with a laugh, she downed her whole chocolate martini without spilling it on herself. "Cuz you old enough baby! This is gonna be an everyday occurrence"she said and then let out a loud burp as they all laughed.

"Just because its my 21st birthday does not mean I have to be an alcoholic for the rest of my life"Amethyst said laughingly

"Well damn it, its my birthday too. So that's my birthday wish. I wanna drink everyday and not get sick or have hangovers"Nadia said. She turned 22 just 3 days before Amethyst.

"That's called an alcoholic you retard!"Janiah Renee chimed in. Her 22nd birthday was the day before. "At least I wished for something worthwhile"she said as she realized that her strawberry martini was dripping down her chest

"Like more ass? That's worthwhile? I don't even think it matters who you get it from"Nadia said with a laugh as Janiah nodded. She was like that, very promiscuous.

"Don't say it like that"Aquarius Simmons said in shock as she swatted Nadia's arm. "You make it sound like a disease"she said and then finished the rest of her caramel martini, one of her favorites.

"Promiscuity is a disease to some people"Nadia said

"Yeah like nuns"Janiah shot back and they all laughed,"Oh Aqua, what did you wish for?" Aquarius' 23rd birthday came first out of the four of them. They all had their birthdays in the same week, they all believe that's why they have such a close bond.

"Don't call me Aqua! You know how I hate that name"Aquarius said

"What did you wish for?"Janiah asked

"What do you think I asked for?"Aquarius asked her and they all nodded. Success. That's all she wanted.

"ITS BRITNEY BITCH"blared out of the speakers and the four girls all screamed,"OHHHHHHHH!"as they got out on the dance floor

"Why do I like this song!?"Aquarius shouted as the four of them went onstage and began to dance to "Gimme More" by Britney Spears as many guys glanced up at them, hoping that they would be the lucky ones to get a 'yes'. That wasn't happening, at least they planned it that way. It was their girls night out birthday. They did it 2 years ago when they met and decided to make it a tradition.

*Flashback*
February 1st, 2008

Nadia shook her head,"Don't like her. She gives me a Paris Hilton vibe"she whispered to Aquarius as a blond walked in and stood before them

"She hasn't even shown us what she can do yet"Aquarius whispered back and smiled at the blond. "Hi, thank you for showing interest in our audition. My name is Aquarius and this is Nadia"she said introducing themselves. Nadia waved lazily. "And your name?"she asked her

"Paris Milan"the blond said. Nadia snorted with laughter and Aquarius swatted her.

"Can you be mature?"Aquarius hissed,"Sorry, pretty name"

"Its not really my name, its my stage name"Paris replied

"Oh ok, so um...this audition as you know is to fill two slots in our all girl rock band that we want to start"she said as she nodded at Nadia. "Before you show us, tell us what you can bring to the table"

"Well I'm a singer and I'm a natural performer. Many friends say that I'm better than Britney so I can really draw a crowd"Paris said with a flip of her blond hair

"Oh so you sing?"Nadia asked. She glanced at Aquarius and gave her a knowing look. Aquarius wanted to be the lead singer and Nadia was fine with that as long as she was the lead guitarist and had her freedom to write. "Do you play any instruments?"

"Oh no"Paris said with a laugh

"Can you read music?"Nadia asked

"No"Paris said

"Ok well why don't you just sing for us"Aquarius butted in.

"K. I'm gonna sing 'I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman' by Britney of course"Paris said. Aquarius smiled and nodded as she wrote more stuff down, Nadia just sat there with a scowl on her face, arms crossed and her left leg on the table in front of them. Paris moved over an inch, as if the slight change in location would make her better and smoothed down her daisy dukes. Then she started to......they didn't know what she was doing....but she wasn't singing. Nadia rolled her eyes and started banging her head on the table. Aquarius swatted her and Paris stopped,"Uh....what?"

"Please make it stop!"Nadia said as she started to laugh,"Oh God......oh fuck"she said between laughs

"Uh....excuse me?"Paris asked, obviously offended.

"I'm sorry, Nadia can be.....Nadia......"Aquarius said

"A bitch is more like it. What? I cant sing or some shit?"Paris said angrily

"Oh I'm a bitch now? I'm actually being a friend. Here's a tip Paris, get new friends cuz they all lying to you"Nadia said

"Bitch!"Paris said as she stomped outside,"Who would wanna be in your fucking dyke band anyways?"she said on her way out as Nadia laughed.

"Nadia-"

"What the fuck? This is a fucking joke! It seems like there is no talent on this fucking island"Nadia said. "Every bitch in here either looks like Paris, sounds like Britney or is clueless like Lindsay. What the fuck? We aren't auditioning to be the next fucking Pussycat Dolls, shaking our asses and shit. We are looking for girls with actual talent! How long are we going to sit here and be tortured by our very own version of Bermuda Idol?!"Nadia said,and then she got her stuff"I'm out of here, you can sit here and write stupid little notes on your stupid little notepad about bitches that aren't even gonna make it. I didn't like her the moment she walked her fake tits in here!"

"Excuse me?"came a small voice and they turned to see a blond standing at the entrance of the garage. "Is this the auditions for the girl band?"she asked

"Yeah but when we mean girl band, we don't mean the Pussycat Dolls or the Spice Girls, we mean an all girl version of Queen, Joan Jett.....the Donna's....so if you just wanna shake your ass, get out"Nadia said

"Nadia, shut the fuck up. Give her a chance"Aquarius said. Nadia just groaned and stood outside the garage as she smoked a cigarette. "I'm sorry-"

"Its fine. I'm Amethyst Levine"she said as she got out her guitar and Aquarius smiled, finally someone who knew how to play an instrument!

"That's a beautiful name. I'm Aquarius-"

"That's pretty!"Amethyst said excitedly

"Thanks"Aquarius said shyly. "And that's Nadia"she said nodding over to her. "Um, well before you show us, can you tell us what you can bring to the group?"she asked as a brunette showed up at the garage door. She was wearing blue platforms with yellow knee highs, a brown skirt and a yellow see through peasant top. Very 1980's.

"Yeah um, I can sing but I can only sing with a group, my voice isn't as strong. I can blend well um, I was in my school choir for 5 years and....I have been playing guitar since I was 5". Aquarius nodded, impressed. "I'm gonna play um.....'The 1st Cut is the Deepest' by Sheryl Crow"she said and Aquarius nodded and eagerly wrote, hoping this girl wasn't bullshitting like the others. And she sure didn't. Her voice was soft, yet beautiful but got stronger in her high register. Her guitar skills was like someone who was married to it, kept it by her side at all times. Aquarius didn't let her finish, she clapped and stood up.

"You got it if you want it"Aquarius said excitedly. Amethyst was what she was looking for in a guitarist

"Um excuse me, there is someone else in this band you know?"Nadia said as she put out her cigarette and stomped over.

"But you heard her right? Shes perfect"Aquarius said. "Ok teach her Bye Bye Boyfriend and if you don't like it....then......back to plan A....."she said

Nadia got her guitar and started teaching Amethyst the chords of the song that she wrote. It was their favorite but it still needed perfecting, they were going to do covers until their own material was perfected. Amethyst caught on quickly and the brunette with the platforms sighed and kicked at a rock and shouted over the music,"I guess your done then huh? See ya...."she said and started walking off

"Wait....I'm sorry.....if you wanna try out-"

"No its fine. I don't play guitar well and my singing is ok........"the girl said

"Well we have two guitarists, well and me but that kinda makes 2 1/2"Aquarius said,"Do you play anything?"

"I play set...."the girl said shyly

"Perfect! We need a drummer!"Aquarius said excitedly

"I don't have my sticks though-"

"We got plenty"Aquarius said,"Show us what you can do-"

"You know what? Never mind....this was a mistake....."

"What? Why? What are you afraid of?"Aquarius asked her. The girl stood there, not sure. "I'm Aquarius, just show us what you can do"

The girl nodded,"Janiah"she said and walked in. Aquarius shushed Amethyst and Nadia as Janiah sat behind Nadia's older brother's drum set. Aquarius handed her some sticks as she tapped the bass drum pedal. "I'll just freestyle I guess?"she asked

"That's fine, whatever's comfortable"Aquarius said excitedly as she sat down. Nadia and Amethyst put their guitars down and stood there. Janiah started to play, very slow at first and nervous, but all of them were nodding their heads to the beat, but then it got offbeat.

"Shit!"Janiah said

"Its fine, your nervous, pretend we aren't here?"Aquarius asked. Nadia gave her a look. Janiah closed her eyes and then started to play slow, then the beat sped up, then they were all jammin' as she did different tricks and rhythms. She was fucking awesome! Then all of a sudden she stopped and looked at them.

Nadia grabbed Aquarius' arm and led her over to a corner,"Ok shes good. But we cant have a drummer who....doesn't have confidence in herself you know?"

"Its just nerves"

"No I think shes always like this. What if one night we get in front of a crowd and she freezes?"

"What if we don't find a drummer as good as her?"Aquarius asked her. "Come on.....they are both perfect. We can stop this 'Bermuda Idol' right now"she said. Nadia smiled and nodded.

They walked back over to them,"K we want both of you. Now lets go to Hamilton's to celebrate?"Nadia said with a smile. Janiah and Amethyst beaming at them

Hamilton's was the hottest club in Bermuda, located at the capitol city of Bermuda, of course called Hamilton. There the four girls bonded and found out new things about each other. They all found out that their birthdays were the same week. Aquarius' birthday was on January 25th, Nadia's birthday was on the 29th, Janiah's was on the 31st and Amethyst's was on February 1st. They were all Aquarians and it was suggested that their band name should be The Aquarians. After a lot of laughter, they decided it was it.

*

Aquarius is the fixed air sign of the zodiac. It can be likened to a para-glider, jumping off the earth to explore a rainbow, yet aware of the practicalities of thermals and how to ensure a safe landing.

*

Aquarius Simmons was born and partly raised in Harlem, New York in the run down, crime infested portion called 'Hell's Kitchen'. Her mother is Italian and her father black. He left before Aquarius was born. Even though she has never met him, she resents him. They lived in poverty for 10 years of her life until her grandmother retired and won the lottery. She took many vacations and went everywhere but really loved Bermuda and bought a huge beach house there. She told Aquarius and her mother to come stay and they came to only visit. But they loved the place and ended up moving, never looking back at the broken down brownstone they called home back in Hell's Kitchen. Aquarius befriended Nadia and they went to the same private school. With her mother's money, Aquarius' mother enrolled her in anything she could think of. Piano classes, dance classes, acting classes, painting classes. Aquarius stuck with classical piano and that's what shes trained in. A few years later, her grandmother died and her money soon ran out. They sold her house and again were in a broken down apartment in Pembroke, right outside the City of Hamilton. However, it wasn't as bad because they had a perfect view of the waters of Great Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, and could walk to the beaches with pink sand. Her mother struggled with various temp jobs. From waitress, to working on cruise ships, and now a social worker, she only wants the best for Aquarius- which means go to college, get a musical degree as well as another degree as her back up. Aquarius didn't want to go to college. It just wasn't her, and even though she and her mother get along, that's the one thing they fight about.

*

Air represents the mind and the ability to think; Aquarian ideas may be unusual or even original, but once formed, they tend to remain fixed.

*

Nadia Baines was born and raised in Bermuda. She had the perfect life. Her parents were in love and had great jobs and they showered her and her brother with gifts. From video game consoles to plane tickets to musical instruments, their parents gave them everything they wanted. But then all of a sudden, their father up and left. He was running away with a rich and younger socialite from New York City who vacationed at the hotel that her father managed. Their lives were shattered and Nadia threw herself into her guitar and writing poems. However, she became very dark and doesn't seem to trust any guy with anything besides, maybe, friendship. Her outlet was Aquarius and her guitar and their similar interests in music gave them first place in talent contests in their private school. They were tied for Most Talented in their senior class. Once they graduated high school, they got jobs, as they were supposed to and practiced together, they were going to have a two girl band but recently decided on four or maybe 5. However, her outspoken, dark and sarcastic attitude has gotten her into trouble. Shes more likely to get into a fight with anyone, except Aquarius, she felt she never had a reason to and didn't want to lose her as a friend. But ever since her father left and never called, or came back, she has been that way ever since.

*

Fixed air, in brief, is a metaphor for fixed opinions.

*

Janiah Renee (she refuses to use her last name) has a story out of a movie. Born to rich parents in Miami, Florida and the middle of 5 children, Janiah's life was perfect- on the outside. The family had a lot of money, all the children were talented and popular and beautiful. Every year, the family would spend their entire summer in their beach house in Bermuda. Janiah was shy and the quietest one out of the children, she felt like the oddball, the lonely shadow, the middle child. After all she was a girly girl who had an interest in drums because of a crush. He never gave her the time of day but she became very talented at it, no less. The summer after she graduated high school, the family came to Bermuda and she and her three older siblings went bar hopping in the City of Hamilton. Janiah felt great finally being able to come along. That's when she met Javier, one of the most beautiful men she has ever seen. He was straight up Bermudian, light skinned with green eyes, dreadlocks and had a Bermudian dialect one would die for. It started with a dance, drinks and then they spent every waking moment together. However, Javier came from a poor family and her parents didn't approve. Janiah was suppposed to attend the University of Miami, like her two older sisters, mother and father did. But she was so in love with Javier, she lost her virginity to him and they talked about marriage. The two confronted her parents an hour before the family was going back to Miami. It ended badly. Her father calling Javier names, pushing him out of the house while the maids held Janiah hostage in her room and threw her into the family car and sent her on her way to Miami. Janiah promised Javier she would come back. But she was going to do it her way. She obediently went to school and got a job and saved up every penny and then she left her family a note about how much they ruined her life and how she wasn't coming back. 'I'm going back to the man I love, who loves me more than you, Javier'. She packed up everything and snuck out the house and got on the first plane to Bermuda. However, when she got back to Bermuda, instead of open arms, Javier had already found someone else. Heartbroken, she considered going home but her parents never responded, never called. She didn't want to go back to them. She didn't feel like they were her family at all. So she dropped her last name. When she answered Aquarius and Nadia's ad, she had been in Bermuda for 3 months, living out of cheap hotel rooms and finally getting an apartment of her own and haven't played a drum set since she left Miami. She still sees Javier around town, she pretends he isn't there. She throws herself into the band and her job waitressing at a restaurant called the Bermuda Triangle.

Amethyst Levine born and raised in Canada, came to Bermuda on a spring break trip with her high school's Honor Society. She fell in love with the island and promised herself she would come back. Her father died when she was 10 and her mother was very quiet and subdued since, but let her daughter do anything she wanted. Amethyst excelled in school and in the arts, especially in writing, singing in the choir and playing her guitar since age 5. When she graduated, her mother gave her a check. It wasn't much but it was enough to add to the savings that Amethyst had already saved up. She worked hard all summer and in September, she packed up and flew to Bermuda. Her mother said she was always welcome to come back and she did for holidays. She had enough money to get a very cheap apartment and pay rent and the deposits. She got a job in housekeeping at the same hotel that Nadia's father once managed. She had been living in Bermuda for 5 months when she answered the ad, the other 'Aquarians' were her only friends on the island and she usually kept to herself. Janiah and Amethyst ended up moving in together and became very close due to the band and besides Nadia's garage, their apartment was the hang out for the girls.

The four girls worked hard. Their nights consisted of rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing. Once they were confident, they would perform at various festivals. However, no one really liked what they had to offer. They all were very attractive but Bermuda wasn't into rock. The favorite genre amongst the whole island was reggae. A lot of the younger crowd loved America's music but rock usually wasn't a favorite. However, they were playing at a talent competition in Hamilton and The Aquarian's performed the rock cover of "Papa Don't Preach" by Kelly Osbourne. Enter Lamont, manager of Flannagan's, a popular club/bar/restaurant in the City of Hamilton. The restaurant was a favorite among tourists mostly, natives stayed away from there usually, since some hated tourists, who doesn't? But that's the crowd they needed. Lamont loved their music, and had dreams of making a rock band just like them, doing covers of American rock songs and eventually doing their own material. But his dream fizzled out. They played on a Saturday night and they were a hit. They got their first big break and got a gig playing there every Saturday night.

But tonight, they deserved a night off. It was February 1st. Amethyst's birthday, the end of their all week birthday celebration and the 2nd anniversary of the first day they all met and became a band in Nadia's garage and their first night dancing at Hamilton's.

*
Spiritual Goal: To learn how to develop true self-confidence.

*





Chapter End Notes:
Dedicated to the late and great Lena Horne. Follow your dreams and be smarter than the ones above you.