Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Aiyana

stories/537/images/aiyana.jpg

Christopher

stories/537/images/chrislee.jpg

Alexie

stories/537/images/alexie.jpg

Cherry

stories/537/images/cherry.jpg

http://fictionalfantasies.webs.com




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Come and talk to me
I really want to meet you
Can i talk to you
I really want to know you
Come and talk to me
I really want to meet you
Can i talk to you
I really want to know you

*
 
1999
 
Cherry hated the world. Her band just kicked her out. She was the reason why they got all the new exposure anyway! No one knew who the Psychotic Scrumpies were until she came along and they were just going to dump her aside? So she made a bad choice in a guy, a very bad choice, now that she sees pictures of Fred Durst she wondered what she saw in him anyway. He was a turtle looking asshole. And now he cost her her dream. She always wanted to be in a band and now she was no longer a part of one. She ran all the way back to the apartment she and Aiyana shared. "WHAT THE FUCK IS A PSYCHOTIC SCRUMPIE ANYWAY!?"she screamed as she slammed the door when she walked in.
 
Aiyana and a few people looked at her as if she was crazy. Aiyana was doing a quick fitting for a fashion show tonight in Manhattan and Calvin Klein's people brought over the outfits that they wanted her to wear on the runway. "Can you all excuse me for just one second?"she said calmly as she pulled Cherry into her bedroom. She turned to her,"Are you out of your mind?"
 
"I didnt know they were here"Cherry apologized sadly
 
"What's wrong?"Aiyana asked
 
"They kicked me out! Thats whats wrong!"Cherry said as she lit a cigarette. "I cant believe I walked around and called myself a Scrumpie. What the fuck is a scrumpie anyway?"
 
"Well you said that was the beauty of it...not knowing"Aiyana recalled Cherry's explanation
 
"Bullshit. I made that up so that I didnt feel like a retard. They arent going anywhere without me. I hope they all rot in hell!"
 
"Well what did you say? I mean, its not really all your fault. You and Fred broke up and his people panicked-"
 
"Thats what I tried to say! But Joey got all high and mighty, he says that I am a jump off, whatever the fuck that is. He feels I'll just get them all into trouble-"
 
"Didnt you and Joey used to date?"
 
"Hell yeah! Well we just fucked on several occasions. He's just jealous"Cherry said as she puffed on her cigarette and breathed the smoke out of her flared nostrils
 
Aiyana sighed and sat next to her and wrapped her arm around her shoulders. "Look. This is a sign. It wasnt meant to be. You are going to be the next Gwen Stefani with another band-"
 
"Fuck Gwen Stefani. When we met her, she didnt even know who I was. Like, hello? Does she not pay attention or is she too busy fucking Gavin Rossdale to give a damn?! I dont wanna be the next anything"she said and sighed,"What am I going to do? I quit stripping for this band...and now the band quit on me..."
 
"We'll find something. Your coming with me to the Calvin Klein show right? Its all about who you know around here. A lot of people do know you and if they dont, we will let them know. We will find you a new band"Aiyana promised
 
Later that night, Cherry sat in front row at the Calvin Klein show and watched as Aiyana walked down the runway. She was glad for her best friend but she needed something! The after party was a blast. They always were, the party was filled with the rich, famous and beautiful. Aiyana introduced Cherry to everyone she could. Thankfully, some have heard of the Psychotic Scrumpies. However, Cherry soon gave up on selling herself to people and went to the bathroom. She walked to the stall at the other end of the bathroom and saw four girls shooting up heroin. "Oh my bad"she said to them but she didnt move as she watched as the drug was inserted into the girl's veins. "Whoa"
 
"Whoa is right, wanna try?"one of the girls asked
 
"Nah"Cherry said as she shook her head,"Im not sharing needles, thats how you get sick"
 
"She works in a hospital, she always has extra ones"one of the girls said as she laid on the floor, one eye open. Cherry looked at her and back to the "nurse" and sure enough, she had a empty needle
 
"Last chance"she said to her
 
"Are you ok?"Aiyana asked her as Cherry woke up. They were back home.
 
"Whoa what happened?"
 
"You got really high. Did you smoke the coke or something? You were acting really different"
 
"Nah...it was heroin....I dont remember a thing"Cherry said and smiled
 
"Why are you smiling?"
 
"I honestly dont remember a thing, and there are some things I wanna forget-"
 
"Its only temporary-"
 
"Hey when are you leaving?"Cherry interrupted her. Aiyana had no right to lecture her. She snorted coke before each gig, that was at least once a day.
 
"Flight was cancelled. You dont remember the snow storm that hit last night?"she asked as she parted the blinds so Cherry could see the piles of snow. "Why?"
 
"I wanna come with you. I wanna be your..I dont know...your assistant or something...til I figure something out"
 
"Ok cool"Aiyana said with a smile,"You picked the perfect time to be my personal assistant cuz guess where we are going?"she asked her. Cherry smiled widely. "BRAZIL! Swimsuit issue baby!"she said. The girls squealed and jumped on the bed as they celebrated.
 
*
 
2009
 
"Im sorry. I dont know what came over me. Ive been stressed with work and my divorce and selling the house and the move....I dont know what came over me. I dont usually do this....dont tell Alexie ok? You two have something going and I dont want some weird dramatic office triangle. You two are cute together. She's more your age anyway. Just forget this even happened. Im gonna go straight home and take a bath um...and try not to embarrass myself anymore. Just forget this happened. Im just an old crazy person who jumps on little 20 somethings-"

The doors opened to the lobby and it interrupted Aiyana's rambling. She was ready to run out of the elevator but then he grabbed her arm. She stopped short and turned to him..... He stared at her wide eyed,"You saved me from drowning"he blurted out
 
Aiyana looked at him with a confused look on her face,"Um....figuratively?"she asked him. Wow was this turning into a romance novel now?
 
"No"he said with a laugh as they walked out of the elevator. He stood close to her. "You saved me from drowning when I was 6 years old. At PG Community Pool"
 
Aiyana continued to stare at him with a confused look then it hit her. He was the little blond boy...with the cruel mother.... "Ohmygod-"
 
"Look, can we go somewhere and talk? Anywhere but here"he said to her. Aiyana nodded and put her hand in his. She was much older than he was but his strong hand was much larger than her small and delicate one. She liked it. They left their office building and they walked into a bar and grill that was a few stores down.
 
"A bar? Im not surprised"she said with a smile as they sat at the far end of the bar.
 
Christopher laughed,"I come here sometimes. Its a great place to clear your head"he said as the bartender walked over to them. "Uh...I'll just have a Corona"he said. He looked at Aiyana,"Did you want anything?"
 
"Just a water is fine for now"she said to the bartender and he nodded and walked off. "I wanna be sober for this conversation"she said. They sat at the bar in an awkward silence. "I....I dont know what to say....so thats what you were talking about?....when you were saying that I saved your life all those other times?"she asked him. He nodded as the bartender handed him his Corona. He squeezed the lime into the bottle and watched it fall to the bottom and sizzle. He took a few sips. "I remember your mother being really rude when I brought you back-"
 
"She isnt my mother"he said with venom in his voice. "Never was, never will be"
 
Aiyana smiled,"Oh yeah you kept saying that...I remember. I bought you ice cream....who was she then, if she wasnt your mother?"
 
"She was my mother's older sister....not by blood since my mom was adopted....my mom ran off.....drugs and the like....Joyce was the only one who took me in. She had an anger management problem....and a smoking problem....and a drinking problem....I actually wanted to be put in foster care...."
 
"That bad huh?"Aiyana asked. She frowned and took his hand in hers. "Im sorry. I know how foster homes are....I wouldnt wish that on anyone...."
 
Christopher looked at her with wide eyes,"You were in foster care?"he asked her. She nodded. "But why? I....god...I would always see you at the pool, with really nice bikini's on by the way, you were always happy and with all of these friends....I thought that you had a mom and a dad...and maybe a few brothers and sisters...a dog...it seemed like your life was perfect..."
 
"It wasnt"Aiyana said sadly,"I wished I did have that"she said and waved to the bartender. "Cranberry and vodka please"
 
"Sorry, we dont have to talk about it"
 
"No....its fine. Everyone I knew back then....I dont hear from them anymore...damn its been so long...and it feels longer because I forced myself to forget that life...."
 
"But you seemed so happy..."
 
"I wasnt. Never knew my father. My mom basically left me for dead, she was 15 when she had me and she left me in her school's bathroom. I survived and they figured out I belonged to her. It was World War III with my moms family but they put me in foster care. I dont remember the first family much, the second one....they were my favorite. I was brought to them when I was 4. They loved me. I believe. They raised me well. We had a puppy too...and a picket fence....they couldnt have kids. They were very close to adopting me but when I turned 10....she got pregnant. It was a big surprise for everyone....but then he got laid off.....they had a baby on the way....a bastard child....and no money....so guess who had to go..."she said sadly
 
Christopher stroked her hand as she told her this. He couldnt help but feel uncomfortable because he could relate. He was just like her. When he couldnt live with his aunt anymore, he erased her from his mind. He wasnt ready to relive these memories but knew he wanted to share them with her because he trusted her. But it was too soon. He looked her in her eyes and leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips. "Im sorry. Im sure they regretted it"
 
"They had to do what they had to do"Aiyana said with a shrug as she gulped down her cranberry and vodka. "I'll have another"she signaled the bartender
 
"Lets not talk about this"he said to her."Lets just....lets just sit here and enjoy each other's company"he said to her. So they did, they had small talk as they drank and held hands as they tried to calm their nerves from the fear and pain that the past brought them.
 
*
 
Alexie stared at the single red rose that Christopher gave her the night before. She smiled. Who knew that he could be such a romantic? Who knew that he was that nice and sweet type of guy? She never paid attention before, she was too swamped and stressed to. She was glad that Mikaila had set them up or she would have kept ignoring him. She rubbed her belly. What was she going to do? She felt all alone with this decision. Why did Tron have to be such an asshole? Just like the rest. Her mother barged in and Alexie jumped out of her skin. "Ma! Shit, you scared me"she said as she pulled her shirt down over her slightly growing belly.
 
"I was just checking on you. How was your date last night? Was he cute? A gentleman?"she asked her as she sat next to her
 
Despite the fact that Alexie keeps a lot of things from her, she and her mother were very close. "He was. Cute, a perfect gentleman, the whole package. He brought me that rose and some Dove chocolates"
 
Her mother gasped at the cuteness,"When can I meet him? Are you seeing him again?"
 
"Well thats the funny thing. I actually know him, he works in the mailroom and he knows Mikaila too"
 
"Oh thats really something? You need to kiss Mikaila's feet. Tall? Short? Blond?"
 
"Hes 6 feet tall, average build but you can tell he isnt puny, he lifts weights every now and then...., blond, blue eyes, funny...."Alexie said and smiled
 
"So....you two work together, he's funny, he's a gentleman....when are you going out again? When can I meet him?"
 
"No Mom. Its too soon for you to meet him....and I mean....its nothing serious, we are still getting over the fact that we went out on a date together"
 
"What did you talk about?"her mom asked
 
Alexie paused. She thought about the pregnancy bomb that Christopher dropped and how she kinda confided in him about it. He knew but her own mother didnt. She couldnt keep this from her. And she was getting fat, she didnt know what to do at all. The rush of emotion caught her off guard and she started to cry. Her mother was shocked and she hugged her close to her,"Oh Alexie, what is it? He's married isnt he? Is he gay? Whats wrong?"she asked as she shushed her and stroked her hair
 
"Im pregnant"Alexie admitted
 
*
 
"It's going to be interesting that your living next door to me"Christopher chuckled as he walked to her door, which was less than 100 feet from his.

Aiyana smiled. "Did you want to come in?"she asked him innocently. "Your visit has been long overdue hasn't it?"
 
"Not really. You just moved in yesterday"Christopher joked. Aiyana blushed. "But yeah. I wanted to see this apartment the first day I knew you were looking at it...so yeah...long overdue..."he said as she opened the door and let him in. He smiled. The apartment was so...Aiyana. It smelled of vanilla, it was neat and color coordinated with funky knick knacks and modern furniture. There were paintings on the wall as well as portraits of other supermodels such as Tyra and Iman and herself. "Wow....how old were you then?"he asked as he looked at a framed cover of a Spanish swimsuit magazine.
 
Aiyana laughed,"Wow...I was 19...so long ago. I remember that trip...well most of it....my best friend and I went to Brazil to shoot that. We had a blast. I loved swimsuit photoshoots. I love the beach"
 
"19 huh?"he said,"That was just a couple of years ago for me and I was getting my associate's degree in Baltimore"
 
Aiyana nodded and blushed. For awhile there, she forgot how young he was. She was 19 in the 90's. Almost more than a decade ago and he was talking about it like it was yesterday. And it was. "I got my associate's a couple of years ago too"she said to him
 
"Oh? From where?"he asked her
 
"University of Phoenix"she said, naming the online school. "Too busy to go to a real school"she said. And she didnt want to.
 
"Hey nothing wrong with that"he said. "Paying for housing and meal plans are so overrated"he said as he looked around,"Your place is nice. Much nicer than mine"he said. Then he turned to her,"Did you wanna see? You know so we can compare?"
 
Aiyana smiled. "Sure, but I'll probably win"she said. She followed him out the door and followed him to his apartment. He opened the door and she smiled. Just as she thought. The walls were white and bare, a few house plants here and there, used furniture, video games, DVD's and empty beer bottles in various places. It looked like a nicer dorm room. "You are such a guy"she said to him
 
"I know"he said with a laugh as he picked up the beer bottles. "Didnt get a chance to clean"
 
"Its fine"she said to him and then saw a picture of him in a red cap and gown with a black man. "Graduation?"
 
"Yeah"he said,"High school"
 
"Really?"she asked,"You look the same"
 
"Thanks"he said sarcastically. "You should have seen the hair under that cap"he said. She smiled and looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Corn rows"
 
"CORN ROWS!"she laughed,"I always laughed when white guys had braids! Why oh why did you do that?!"
 
"I was the token white kid. Had to fit in. Met one of my first girlfriends through them, she would always braid my hair"
 
"Aw how sweet"Aiyana said sarcastically. "Who's the guy?"
 
"That was my favorite teacher, Mr. Collins. He could do anything in my eyes. He was my mentor"
 
"What did he teach?"
 
"Music, dance, choir, life lessons, "females 101", sex education"he said with a laugh,"Well thats what he taught me. Legally, he taught me music. I was in the drumline"
 
Aiyana laughed,"Were you trying to be 'black'?"she asked and he laughed,"Lemme guess, you played basketball and break danced too huh?"
 
Christopher turned red. "Yeah and I knew how to beat box"he said with a laugh. "Inside out oreo, thats what I am"
 
She shook her head,"Well Mr. Collins would be proud of you. Do you speak to him often?"
 
Christopher frowned. "No. That same night that picture was taken....he got shot....he was killed"
 
"Im so sorry"Aiyana said as she carefully placed the picture back on the stand. She took his hands in hers.
 
"Its alright. He was the only 'father' I ever had"he said. "It was a tragedy. I was depressed for a long time. But he's in a better place now. Man, I cant even go back to Baltimore without thinking about him" She nodded. "Um....so do you want a beer or something?"he asked her as he quickly changed the subject, let go of her hand and walked into the kitchen.
 
"Oh God, the last time I had beer....was......1996"she said with a laugh.
 
He looked at her with wide eyes. He was only 7 or 8.... "I have some bitch beer"he said,"Courtesy of Mikaila"he said as he held up a little bottle of Green Apple Smirnoff.
 
"Oh I love those, thank you"she said as she took it from him and opened it. "Who is Mikaila? If you dont mind me asking..."
 
"She's a friend"he said,"A friend who set me up on a blind date with Lexie"
 
"Oh really?"Aiyana asked. "So...how was the date? You went to see that Avatar flick right?"she asked as they sat down on his futon, which was surprisingly comfortable
 
"It was great, after all the awkwardness was out of the way. I....made a boo boo too"
 
"Huh?"
 
"I gave her chocolates and she was all like,'Ive been craving these all day!'"he said mocking her voice,"And I was like oh it comes with the pregnancy right? And then Mikaila blew up and said YOUR PREGNANT!? It was classic and fucking awkward"
 
Aiyana laughed and shook her head,"She's gotta talk to someone. Her mother doesnt know....I think she isnt going to keep it"
 
"You think so?"
 
"She keeps saying she isnt ready. That she doesnt want it, doesnt know what to do...."Aiyana said. They sat there and nodded. "So how would you rate it? The date I mean?"
 
"Like on a scale?"he asked her. She nodded. "A good solid....8"
 
Aiyana nodded. Pretty high number. Did he like her? Was he attracted to her? "How would you rate her?"
 
Christopher looked at her. "Like looks?"
 
"The whole package..."
 
Christopher shrugged. "8"he said as he put the bottle up to his mouth.
 
Aiyana nodded and finished off her Smirnoff. "How would you rate me?"
 
Christopher laughed,"I cant...rate you..."
 
"Why not?"she insisted
 
He looked at her. "I cant rate you. Your better than a 10. Your better than a dime....your one in a million..."
 
"So I get a 1?"she asked with a laugh
 
"No, you get a 'I dont wanna be seen with anyone else....numbers cant define you'"he said to her as he kissed on her neck. She moaned as he did so. Soon they were making out and he was laying on top of her on the futon. His hands traveled up her shirt and then she pulled away. "You ok?"
 
"Yes....we....can we take this slow? I wanna get to know you better and....Im still going through my divorce-"
 
"Ok, its fine, we can go slow"he said with a smile. "I just cant stop touching you"he said to her. They laid there and watched TV until they both accidentally fell asleep. Aiyana woke up at around midnight and decided to go back to her apartment. She kissed him on the head and quietly tiptoed out.
 
*
 
Aiyana walked in the next morning, humming a random song she heard on the radio. "Good morning Lexie"she said to her
 
"Morning"Alexie said in a monotone voice. "What's gotten you in such a good mood?"
 
"Just woke up that way"Aiyana said with a shrug. Yesterday was fantastic. It was almost emotionally exhausting but Christopher made her feel so safe and secure. She trusted him. She learned so much about him and he her.
 
"Lucky you"Alexie said
 
"Morning ladies"Christopher said as he walked in
 
"Morning Christopher"they both said
 
"I was gonna run across the street and get a bagel, did you two want anything?"he asked them
 
"Oooh a cinnamon raisin bagel with extra cream cheese please"Aiyana said as she looked through her purse
 
"Its on me, dont worry about it"he said with a huge smile
 
"Oh....you dont have to-"
 
"Oh....your in a good mood too"Alexie said in a montone voice
 
"Why not?"he asked her with a smile. "Did you need anything? Chocolate?"he asked her
 
She half smiled. "No thanks"she said.
 
"Ooooh Christopher? Can you get me one of those strawberry banana juices? Im in that kind of mood for one"Aiyana added
 
"Sure, do you want fries with that?"he asked her and winked
 
"Actually I do"she said and winked back
 
"Damn all this food talk. Its like you two are pregnant too"Alexie said. Aiyana and Christopher laughed.
 
"Ok last call. Any other requests?"he asked them. Aiyana shook her head and logged into her computer.
 
"Um....can I talk to you?"Alexie asked him
 
"Right now?"Christopher asked her
 
"I just wanted to thank you..."Alexie said
 
"For what?"he asked her
 
"I finally told my mom that I was pregnant. She was very upset about it but....Im glad I dont have that to carry around with me anymore. Im gonna have enough to carry around in a couple of months..."
 
"Your welcome...but you shouldnt be thanking me"
 
"Well she was grilling me about our date and we were talking about you when I dropped the bomb on her. I just remembered how Mikaila felt...shes still a little pissed at me....you were my motivation I guess...."
 
"Well dont mention it. Im glad you were honest with her. She can help you, shes been through it before"he said. Alexie nodded and smiled at him. "You sure you dont want anything?"
 
"If they have chocolate...I wont turn it down"Alexie said
 
"That a girl"Christopher said. "I'll be back"he said to them and left.
 
Aiyana heard Alexie sigh, as if she was relieved that she told him and then laughed to herself. Wow, he was her motivation? Were they closer than she thought? Aiyana shook her head. She didnt wanna think like that. Christopher made himself clear last night that he couldnt even compare the both of them. She had nothing to worry about.... though she told Alexie numerous times to tell her mother and she never listened....well whatever...Alexie's mother knew now and thats all that mattered.
 
When Christopher came back, he gave her the bagel and the juice she ordered. "Thank you"she said to him and then smiled when she saw a little heart shaped candy on top of the bagel, it said KISS ME. She stared at him with wide eyes,"Not here"she mouthed.
 
He smiled and then took a post it note and a pen and wrote,"Follow me" and handed it to her. She smiled and nodded and grabbed some papers so it would look like she was doing something. He led the way and she took her time so it didnt look like she was following him
 
"I'll be back, Lex"she said to her and Alexie nodded.
 
Aiyana looked down the hallway and saw Christopher make a right. She followed him and saw him waiting for an elevator. "Again?"she asked him. He looked at her and smiled. The door opened and luckily the people in the elevator got off on their floor. They hurried in and when the door closed, he pressed the emergency button. She dropped her papers on the ground and pulled him toward her, they only had a couple of minutes until security would interrupt again and they wanted to make use of that time.
 
*
 
There you are again with the same smile on each day
I wanna know what it is
That makes me feel this way
I wish I could grab you
Tell you what it means to me
To see you walking my way
It really makes my day
Before I go to sleep and dream about you
I’m a single man
I hope that you are single too
Why do I seek
Something to set my mind free
Cause curiosity is bugging the hell out of me
Talk to me, talk to me
Talk to me baby
 
*






Chapter End Notes:
Lyrics Featured: "Come And Talk To Me" by Jodeci