Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

For this story, when Todd went to Chicago his baby really was dead. He never remarried Blair. I may fudge some other events.




Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just something to get the ball rolling. It is really short but I like it anyway enjoy. Todd sees Evangeline since his return from Chicago


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Todd gingerly walked toward the room that housed his dearest, and truth be told, only friend. He paused for a moment leaning his head against the door hoping the wave of nausea would pass. Not sure if the nausea was from his healing stab wound or from the all too familiar feeling of hopelessness, Todd gathered his strength and opened the door.
     Once inside the room, Todd was taken aback by how even in a forced slumber, she remained beautiful. Todd lightly walked toward her bed as though he would ruin some magical dream she was immersed in. He sat in a chair near her bed he assumed was occupied by her sister Layla not too long ago.
     For several moments, the only sound that clung to the air was the beeping and whooshing of various monitoring devices. Todd slowly raised his hand to her cheek, slightly cupping it in hopes she would lean into it like she had done on so many other occaisions. He sadly let go of the breath he was holding when the only movement he felt was the trembling of his own hand.

     Feeling slightly defeated, Todd slumped into the chair closing his eyes as leaned his back. With his eyes still closed, Todd finally found his voice.
     "I should have taken you with me," he said in barely a whisper. He opened his eyes half expecting to see her sympathetic smile, but her face remained unchanged. In his head he heard her melodic voice say "Todd there was no way of knowing. You can't protect me from the big bad world."
"That's what you think," he said slightly under his breath.
"That's what who thinks?"
The voice violently shook Todd from his thoughts. He almost popped a stitch trying to see who interrupted his time with Evangeline.
"I asked you a question Manning," Christian said with all the machismo he could muster.
Turning his attention back to Evangeline, Todd replied "I'm not getting into it with you Vega so quit your grunting."
"Why don't you crawl back to the rock you've been hiding under Evangeline didn't need you pawing over her before and she certainly doesn't need it now." Christian said sternly.
"I wasn't pawing her," Todd said with quiet hurt in his voice. "But I can see we won't have anymore privacy, so I'll go...for now."
Todd leaned down and placed a tender kiss on Evangeline's forehead. This simple action lit a fuse of anger and jealousy in Christian.
In barely an audible voice, Todd said "I will be back for you. And I will find a way for you to return to me."






Chapter End Notes:
So like I said really short, but I like it. Let me know if you do. I am desperate for attention. Then again arent we all. lol