Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning: Some references to Season Two roadhouse crew but the relationships I make up may different than what is on the show.  




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



   
He couldn’t believe it, the woman that lie beneath him was the first he had contemplated sleeping with since Jessica.  Jessica, his deceased fiancée, who had died because of the curse on his life.  He hadn’t known that what he believed was a horrible dream actually foretold the future.  His future without love or companionship other than his brother.   He had not been given foresight to know what he had seen in a nightmare would come true for his first love, Jessica Moore.  No, it wasn’t his fault.  as he lay on the bed with Paris the self immersed guilt was pushed to the back of his mind lost in this moment, his hands didn’t know where to land, as they roamed her body.  They were all over her caressing her soft skin.  Paris reached for his zipper but he stopped her to get his wallet from his pocket.  Maybe the action was ingrained in single men across the globe, he wasn’t sure, as he pulled out the foil packet.  He silently thanked his brother who seemed to have an endless supply of condoms. 

    She smiled as he laid it on the bed before the pants dropped to the floor.  Her eyes seemed innocent as she looked up at him.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
She nodded as her heart raced.  She had been drawn to Sam’s voice from the start but when they met, she knew he was someone she could care about.  Dean had come off as arrogant and impatient in contrast.  Though now she realized his concern for Ari had been the reason.  Sam was easy going and kind despite his station in life.  She liked that about him.  He didn’t seem down about his profession or things he had to do to stay alive.   She was deep in thought when she felt his tongue encircle her nipple.  He nipped at it gently and waves of pleasure pulsed through her body.  She could feel herself become moist between her legs.

    She pushed her hands through his dark hair as she leaned into his touch.  His lips caressed her stomach and she held back a moan.  Sam was eager but he refused to let it show.  For a moment, while he hovered over her navel he had doubts about his actions. 
“You okay down there?” she asked, her voice laced with concern as she leaned up to look into his hazel eyes.
“Fine….everything is fine.”
Then she let him kiss her lips again, long and deep.  It was the encouragement he needed to go forward.  His tongue roamed her mouth as she met his with her own.  She tasted sweet and clean.  Sam wondered if she were a virgin.  No, she can’t be at twenty-five.  He lifted his head to search her eyes again just before she playfully wrapped her legs around his waist.  He smiled.  Maybe this isn’t the time for thinking.  He leaned up with his elbows on either side of her torso, so he could reach around her to flip her so that she was on top of him.
“Good idea,” she said with a smile as she reached for the foil packet.

    Meanwhile, Ari watched Dean in the shower.  She had been putting Amber to bed a few minutes before so he had gone ahead without her.  She stood out of his eyesight just beyond the glass doors to look at him.  He was a specimen of pure manhood as he cleansed himself.  She bit her lip before she wrapped her arms around herself to take in the sight before her.  I will miss him that is certain.  Why did I have to fall for someone so out of reach?  He doesn’t love me or he would have said so but if he did, he still couldn’t stay as much as I want him to.  No, I can’t be sad while he is here; I can do that when he is gone.  Ari looked up from her thoughts to see Dean as he opened the door for her to get in with him.
“Come in, peeping Tammy,” he said with a dimpled grin.
--
    Once he was prepared Sam smiled as Paris touched his most personal part, she smiled as she allowed it to slide inside of her soft wetness.  Sam loved the way it felt to be with her in such an intimate way.  He enjoyed the way her body fit around him, she was tight and the feeling was something he had missed.  Though he would never tell Dean how much he had desired a woman’s touch more than once.  It wasn’t that he felt he was better than Dean, who seemed as comfortable with one-nights stands as much as he was with breathing.   Sam just wanted more from life than sex.   However, this one night he wanted to indulge himself in the moment he had been given.  She leaned up to put her hands on his shoulder as she moved up and down so he could slide deeper inside her.  Sam closed his long legs Indian style to support her firm butt as he watched her close her eyes to get lost in the sensations she created by her movements.  His hands caressed her back and rear as he kissed her over and over again.  But when the time came for him to release he stretched his long legs out to turn her on her back again.  She didn’t seem surprised as she wrapped her arms around him and her legs held tightly to his back as he pushed inside of her the final time.  She smiled at him as he pulled her into his arms, after they were both satisfied, before he kissed her on the forehead. 
“That was very nice, though normally I do not come to a man’s room in only a robe,” she said with a smile.
“I will keep that in mind,” Sam replied with a smile as his breathing began to return to normal.

    Dean untied Ari’s silk robe with his wet hands before he pushed it off her shoulders so it could fall to the floor.  He pulled her into the shower with both hands and a smile on his face.  She went into his arms as they stood under the water together.  For once, she wasn’t concerned about her hair.  She just wanted to be in his arms, no matter where he happened to be.  Dean could feel her heart race as it beat against his chest.  She seemed nervous which was unusual for her.  He had gotten to know her well in the last few weeks.  She was generally calm, often amusing, always kind, but rarely upset even under stressful circumstances.  Something told him that there was a problem.  Once they dried off and went to the bedroom she faced him with tears in her eyes.
“Ari?” he said as he pulled her to him on the bed.
She shook her head and swallowed as she leaned back against his chest.

    “I’m sorry,” she said as she bit her lip.
“Why?” he asked as one thing rushed through his mind.
Images of her taking her birth control pill, flashed through his brain.  She always seemed to take it so he could see her.  She had said she wanted him to be confident that they were being safe.  Oh no, he thought.  He took a deep breath as his mind raced.  No, she cant’ be pregnant.  He sighed, but if its true then it is what it has to be.  I won’t be a deadbeat dad.  With all the bad things I have done my life; I will not walk away from a child.  He was so lost in thought he almost missed the real reason that she was sorry.
“I noticed the difference in you and I am sorry for that.”
“What?”
“I said I am sorry that my saying I loved you changed things with us.”
“I hadn’t noticed.”
Ari turned to look at him.  He raised an eyebrow at her as a dimple appeared in his cheek.  She had to grin; he was clueless.  She had been worried for nothing. 
He pushed her on her back as he kissed her neck then whispered in her ear.
“I love you too,” he declared.
She let out a breath she didn’t realized she had been holding.
“Yeah?”
He nodded.  She went into his arms again as she closed her eyes and sighed.

    “I tried to fight it, Ari, I am not good with this love stuff.”
She put her fingers over his lips.
“I know.  I actually have gotten used to you being the strong silent type,” she grinned.
Dean smiled.
“I can’t promise you anything.”
“I don’t expect you to.  Just knowing how you feel right now means a lot to me.”
Deep breath, love is a good thing.  No, its only good if you are an accountant and have a safe nine to five life.  Sh*t, what have I gotten us into here? He wanted to believe it would all work out; that each of them would come out of the situation unscathed and maybe a little happier than when it all began.  He had protected Sam all those years how hard would it be for him to watch over Ari and Amber?  Besides he had Sam to help him.
But wait?  Ari met him in a bar; a random bar.  Why out of all the women he had met in his life why did Ari happened to be having dreams of the type of thing he killed?  Coincidence?  Fate?  Serendipity? He was afraid to think the thought but it came unbidden to his mind, is it my time for love?  My time to let someone inside of my heart for keeps? They say that everyone you sleep with takes a part of you with them.  With all the one-night stands Dean had experienced. What was left of him?  Was it enough to give to the one whom he desired to receive it most?

    Dean searched her eyes.  She seemed sincere.  But, he knew woman always wanted the ring when the love declarations came around at least that is what they said on Oprah.  But he was glad he had been honest.  If he couldn’t lie to Cassie whom he thought he had loved; how could he lie to the one woman that he was convinced he truly loved?  Oh, there is that word again. Ari is the one who had got under his skin from the start with her unexpected sense of humor and comforting spirit.  But he could not forget she was in danger, she was in a deadly situation that he needed her to survive.  Now that was selfish.  Because if nothing else he knew how to keep her and Amber safe, even if she walked away later.  How had he gotten into this situation?
 
    The next morning Sam and Paris were on the road when he decided to call Dean to give him his ETA. 
“Morning, Sunshine,” Dean said with a smile in his voice.
“Dude, what are you so happy about?”
“Never you mind, what’s up?”
“I should be back later this evening I just have to drop Paris back off, we are on the highway.”
“Since when do you call me to tell me where you are going to be?  I’m not your guardian.  Oh by the way, did you seal the deal, Geek Boy?” Dean asked with a laugh.
“None of your business and common courtesy is why I’m calling you, something you wouldn’t know about,” Sam teased his sibling as he hung up.
Dean shook his head before he went back to watching Ari sleep. 

{Flashback}
Dean explained to Ari how he had fallen for her and asked if she and Amber would go with them.  Sam had an idea that could work out for them all.
“Well, Sammy found a place a couple of places in Wisconsin that could make good home bases for us. They are in urban areas and he thought maybe we could set up an internet type roadhouse, which would be referral only.”
“What do you mean?”
“They would only know about the place if they heard from someone else.”
Dean told her about Ellen and Jo’s roadhouse.   Ellen and Ash were still keeping in contact with them despite the little issue of them blaming John for the death of Ellen's husband.  Jo’s little crush on Dean had caused a riff between her and her mother, Ellen, but Sam had convinced Ellen that Dean had no interest in Jo. 
“Anyway, its an idea that will keep us in the loop of what is going on all over the place with the Demon.”
“How could I help?”
“Well your nursing skills will come in handy and you are good on the computer from what I have seen.”
Ari bit her lip, “You aren’t just saying this because you want to protect me from the boogie man.”
“I won’t say that isn’t part of it.  Mostly I don’t want to leave you,” he confessed.
She went into his arms.
“Let me sleep on it,’ she said before she settled in close to his side and dozed off.
Dean smiled to himself.

    After a couple of hours of sleep, Ari woke up to find Dean looking at her.
“You must have been really tired.”
“Um, yeah, sorry about that, I hope I wasn’t drooling,” she said before a yawn over took her.
Dean leaned down to kiss her sweet lips.  She put her hands on either side of his face, as he touched her breast.
“Feeling frisky?” she asked.
“Oh yeah,” he responded before he kissed her neck.
She moaned into his hair, as he traced her curves with his fingers.  He knew how to wake her up body and spirit.  She grinned as he engulfed her body with his own.  It was the first time they had made love, before their mutual declarations it had only been sex. 
{End Flashback}

    The red head stood across the road from Ari’s little house.  She knew Dean Winchester was inside with the woman he had been dumb enough to fall in love with.  She chuckled to herself.  Meg would be proud.  Being patient was this demon’s strongest virtue.  She enjoyed the fact that the Winchester boys were getting others involved in their pitiful family situation.  And Dean knew better than to have innocents in the path of destruction.  Yes, she knew about endurance. She was taught that the prize isn’t always for the fastest it sometimes goes to the one who knew how to wait.  Besides she could hang around town and make a few more deals while the “boys” got laid and let their guards down further.  It would be easier to strike when they were drunk on their arrogance.  She laughed to herself as she headed to the bar.

***

    Early the next morning after Sam had a couple of hours of sleep they all left for Wisconsin.  Ari and Amber only took a few things so they could all leave together in the Impala.  The movers were bringing Ari’s car; the clothes would be packed up and given to Goodwill by a friend of hers who only knew that Ari needed to get out of town fast.  Dean was glad to leave; he had a bad feeling about the place ever since Sam had seen the red head demon in his vision when they spoke with Mr. Harris.  They had been on the road two days before anyone came to knock on Ari’s door.  It was her neighbor, Kim, who was curious as to why she had not seen Amber outside playing.  She looked in the windows but things were left in place as though they had only gone off to the store.  Kim shook her head and left the package that had been mistakenly delivered to her house on  Ari’s porch.   The red head seethed as she watched from across the road behind the tree.
“Damn it, how did they leave without me seeing them?”


TBC