Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the Conclusion, I hope you enjoyed the story.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


{Two years before}
When I first began to have visions they always had something to do with the demon or kids like me.  Since I met up with Lydia the visions changed.  Missouri insisted it was because I was accepting them as part of me.  There were times like the incident with Dean that I was glad to have foresight.  When I dreamed of the Brunette that Dean was with in his affair she was a witch.  I also saw that she was with Dean to trip him up.  It was all a set up to make him miserable something demons enjoy.  I waited until after he had confessed to Cassie to tell him about it.
---
“Why didn’t you tell me right away?” he asked as we sat in his living room one sunny after noon.
“First off I didn’t have the dream in time to tell you, it was only the night before I saw you that I had the vision.”
“Oh, not much warning huh?  So you knew where to find me?”
“Yep.”
Dean took a long swig on his beer as he looked toward the kitchen where Cassie and Lydia where making the lunch.
“Thanks either way, I wouldn’t want to lose my wife.”
“I knew that Dean, but you need to be careful you know Cas would rather yu tell her the truth as you have always done,” I said with a smile.
“I hate lying to her, it has always been a strange part of her effect on me,” he grinned.
    
----
{Present Day}
    I went to let Gordon in the front door though I had no idea what to tell him.
“Hey, I guess you didn’t get my message,” I said as I moved for him to enter the living room.
Lydia came in the room surprised to see Gordon was there.  She smiled at him but raised an eyebrow at me.
“I guess he didn’t get the message,” she said to no one in particular.
“What message?” he asked as he looked from one of us to the other.
“We don’t need a fourth person, tonight.”
He looked confused.
“Man, you are going to need all the back up you can get,” he said confidently.
“No I have enough info that we should be able to get in and out with little problem.”
“Well, I drove all this way, I would still like to help.  Who is staying with the ladies?” he asked.
“We will be fine, Gordon, but we're sorry you came all this way for no reason,” she said.
I felt bad because he had seemed excited to do something good for our family.  I began to have doubts about not letting him help.  In the back of my mind I figured Gordon knew Dean was the reason he wasn’t going with us.
“Hey, I won’t force you to let me go but, I hope you know what you are doing.”
Lydia smiled as she left the room as she assumed everything was straightened out.
---
       Gordon and I stood awkwardly a few moments before I confessed to him that I had a vision that had helped tremendously in our plan.
“That’s great Sam, but you still don’t think someone outside would make things go smoother.”
“To be honest I ….”
Dean and Cassie walked in with smiles.
“Gordon?” Dean said when he realized who was standing in our living room.
“Hey, Dean, man, good to see you.”
“Sam?” my brother said as he cringed at the sight of Gordon.
Cassie looked uncomfortable all of a sudden.
“He didn’t get my message, Dean,” I said with a defeated tone to my voice.
“Uh huh, I see that.  Can we talk, Sam?”
“Sure,” as said I motioned for Gordon to have a seat.
---
     Dean and I went down the hall to the office where Bobby waited.  He frowned when he saw Dean.
“That was quick,” Bobby said.
“She is fine, but she is stressing and I still think that can’t be good,” Dean said as he sat down on the sofa and put his feet up on my table.
“Maybe you should stay here then…”
“No she is fine the doctor said not to worry.”
“But…”
“But I can’t believe that you want Gordon to go and not me,” he said as he frowned up at me.
I told him it wasn’t about what I wanted but about keeping Cassie safe.
Bobby groaned.
“Why don’t you guys go with Gordon and I will stay here.”
“No,” Dean said as he stood up again before he left the room.
---
        I am not sure what Dean told Gordon but I heard his car leave a few minutes before Dean came back in the room.  I looked up from the desk with concern on my face.
“I was nice,” he insisted with a smirk.
The smirk told me all I needed to know, don’t ask.
---
        We left the house around midnight to go to the hospital.  The plan was to let Bobby go in first complaining of heart pains.  After he distracted the few nurses on duty we snuck in the door carefully and went straight to the surgical suite to go in the hidden door to the institute.  Bobby was to stay behind and call us if he saw someone come our way.  Once we were downstairs we went into a hallway not unlike a hospital.  There were so-clean-that-you-could-eat-off-them floors and several rooms with windows. But the further we went down the hall the atmosphere changed from one of a hospital to one of an institution.  It was reminiscent of an asylum.  I got a chill when I recalled my vision.  
---
    In the vision, that had revived some children after they told their parents they were dead because for one reason or anothe their children had differences that were of interest to doctors.  Logan's healing would have drawn their attention right away but the other children were special because of the various conditions they had been diagnosed with.  Basically they revived them when it would have been more humane to let them die.  I felt a little sick when I remembered it.  They experimeted on children whose parents thought they were dead, how could mankind be so cruel to one another and children no less?  I shook my head.
---
        We had yet to see more than two nurses who had passed by us as we hid in a mop closet.  We had been in between sections at the time and they nurses had no idea about us.  We were lucky.  In the asylum like part was where I had seen Logan in my vision.  The rooms had regular doors and the curtains were drawn.  I knew the number I was looking for and the closer I got to it the more apprehensive I became. I was ahead of Dean and he kept watch behind us.  When I heard a scream and the sound of something falling followed by a curse I knew we were almost to our destination.  I nurse ran out of the door nearest us but went in the other direction, both of us held our breath and I think I hoped I was invisible though it was not one of my gifts.  We let out a collective sigh as we passed the door to see it was a break room, glass was on the floor but the room was empty.
---
        A minute later, we passed the first room where the curtains were open, we stopped because there was nurse talking to a toddler in the room and we didn’t want to be seen.  When she turned to put the baby in the bed we ran by the window.  My heart beat sped up as we rounded the corner and I saw my little boy in another open curtain room.  He was in a bed like the one we had seen a moment before, he seemed to be asleep.  That was when our luck ended.
---
       “You can’t be here,” the nurse said as she came toward us from the other direction.  She reached for her walkie talkie and Dean lunged at her as he ran from behind me.  It’s a good thing because I will still in shock after seeing my son.  
“Sam, snap out of it,” he said as he turned to face me I could see the nurse with a needle in her hand.
Two steps and I kicked it from her hand.  Dean pushed her other hand behind her and held a hand over her mouth.
“We don’t want to hurt you,” he said as I reached for my back pack to pull out the rope we had brought with us.  In a few minutes, she was tied up and tape was over her mouth.  We stuck her in a utility closet and locked the door from the outside.  
---
         We figured out time was pretty much gone since they had camera’s every where except certain corners. We still tried to avoid them as we ran back to grab Logan.  I hesitated once I was in his room, but Dean poked me to snap me out of that.
“We have to hurry, Sam,” he whispered since Logan was not the only toddler in the room.  
I picked up my sleeping child as I looked around to see there were two more children in the room. Dean made note of names while we hurried to leave as soon as possible.  I couldn’t think of anything but getting out.  We rushed to the exit where Bobby was to be waiting.  We made it into the car and were leaving the lot before we were stopped.  
---
         The security guard asked us a few questions but was satisfied we had a legitimate reason for being at the hospital so he let us leave with no problems.  I sat in the back with Logan as I tried to reconcile the fact that he was alive but not awake after all the commotion with my emotions that were at a stand still.  My son is alive, Logan is alive. Dean looked at me in the mirror with a slight smile though I could see concern in his eyes.
“Is he okay?”
“I hope so I think they sedated them so they would be quiet at night.  I mean those other kids didn’t wake up either when we went in.”
“Yeah I noticed that, I did get their names we will contact their families anonymously,” my brother said.  
Maybe there is a God, Logan is alive, I couldn’t help thinking.
---
         When we got to the house we realized no one was home.  
“Sh*t,” Dean said as we walked around the empty house.
He got out his cell to call Cassie only to have Lydia answer it.
“What is going on?” he asked.
“Dean, Cassie is in labor.”
“Why didn’t anyone call?”
“She wanted you to be there with Sam, come now, okay.”
Dean hung up the phone before he headed toward the door, I stayed with Logan as Bobby went with my brother.  I had no way to be in two places and I needed to be with my son when he woke up.  When they were gone I dialed Lydia’s cell to tell her the news.
---
    “Are you sitting down?” I asked her tentavely.
“Yeah, Sam please tell me,” she said with desperation in her voice.
“He is here, Baby, Logan is alive,” I said as the tears dripped down my face.
“Oh thank God,” she said.
“Lydia he is out now though, I think they sedated him.”
“What?”
“His breathing is normal he is just asleep here in my arms.  I think if he sleeps it off we can tell better if he is healing.”
“Okay,” she said as she kissed her little girls head as she watched her mother on the phone.
“Thank you, Sam.”
“Don’t thank me, he is our baby, thank you.  Hey, I will let you check on Cassie and I will call if I need to okay.”
“I love you,” she said as they hung up.
---
       The next morning I wanted to go the hospital but was afraid Logan would be recognized so Lydia stayed back with him.  He had woken up a bit sluggish but seemed to be fine.  We would keep a close watch on him for any other odd signs.  He smiled when he saw Mackey and her face lit up wide.  I could see Lydia was on the verge of tears from the kid’s reunion.  I left to let them have some bonding time.
---
       We had discussed the implications of taking Logan home and decided the hospital was absolutely in the wrong.  However, without bringing attention to our son’s gifts, if he still had them, we refused to cause problems. We decided to simply move away to a new town.  To have Logan back safe and sound had been our goal in investigating the hospital, in the first place.  Dean suggested that the other families could persue the doctors and we would keep a close eye on the case maybe even perhaps threw in some anonymous facts to help one of the other families.  
---
    At the hospital I finally met my niece, Allysa Jordan.  She was small but beautiful to us, all.  Dark haired with dark eyes and true Winchester dimples from the start.   I looked at her in her incubator as she seemed to be figety.  I saw my brother as he sat beside her staring at her.  Cassie was in a wheelchair by my leg.
“She is a beauty, Cassie.”
“You may be a bit biased Sam,” she said.
“No doubt about it,” I said as I bent down eye level with my sister in law.
“I’m glad Logan will be okay, Sam,” Cassie said with a grim smile.
“Me too and thanks for your sacrifice last night, I needed Dean with me.”
“Hey that is what family does,” she said as she went back to watch her husband and child.  She was right, family is my life as I know it.

The End.