Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Present Day
    Dean decided to come with me that night to the graveyard while Cassie watched Mackey.  I couldn’t let Lydia know what I was doing so I told her I would see her the next day.  I felt bad about doing that, I had stayed until visiting hours were over just to ease my conscious.  I had kissed my wife and lied about going home to rest.  I knew I would not rest until I knew for sure where my son’s body was.  
“Sammy, this is just wrong.”
“No Dean I have to know, what are you getting squeamish on me?”
“Man, I know it’s hard for you, I mean if I lost my child in a senseless accident I might go a bit, um nuts too.”
“Just dig okay,” I said a bit angrily.
I could feel that something was wrong more strongly since we arrived at the cemetery. Though I was not sure where I would begin if what I believed about Logan were true.  I also wondered why I had not done this earlier.  

    Once the small casket was uncovered, I held my breath as we opened the lid.  Dean’s mouth fell open when he saw there was no body inside.  My tears ran freely as I it hit me that now I needed to find my son.  Was he still alive?  I sighed as Dean shook his head.
“Sam, what the hell is going on?”
“I don’t know but I will find out.  How do explain this to Lydia?”
“Hey, I wouldn’t tell her anything until you find out something.”

    On the way back to the car we were both silent, both with our own reasons for the way we felt.  At the car, I could not bring myself to get inside.  Where is Logan, my first born my only son?  I could not stop the tears as my brother stood by helpless to do anything to calm me.  “Sam, I know you are confused but we need to leave here, we can talk at your house.”
I nodded and allowed him to help me into the car before he went around to drive despite it being my SUV we had come in to the cemetery.
 
    Dean drove quietly as he let me gather my thoughts.  Dean had his moments of outbursts, anger, frustration and usually they involved me but this time he seemed to know what I needed.  I was appreciative.   When we got to my house I thanked him for his consideration though he only grunted at me as we got out of the car.  I needed to keep in mind that not only was Logan my son but Dean’s only nephew and I knew he loved him with all his heart.  

    Cassie was surprised to hear the news though she held in her anger that someone would take my little boy as she tried desperately with us to figure out the reasons and where in the world he could be.  We sat around the kitchen table after I put Mackey to bed.  I often wondered why my little girl did not have gifts at the same time that I was thankful that she had avoided the crazy gift gene pool of mine.  

    “So we need to consider that Logan was taken by someone associated with the Demon,” Dean said as he looked worriedly at me across the table.
“Yeah, unfortunately that is what worries me most. But what if they took him to experiment on him or to have some horrible family teach him to be evil,” I said with hopes that it was not what had happened.
“That would mean they were there when he came around and wanted to find out what makes him tick,” Cassie said with a frown.
“Hold on the Demon would know why he has a gift, but a doctor would be curious.  We have two totally different possibilities here.”
I stood up with anger in my eyes.
“Why the hell couldn’t they just leave us alone,” I yelled as I slammed my hand on the table.  
Dean and Cassie both looked horror stricken at me as Mackey screamed from the bedroom.

    Five Years before-Back at Lydia’s
We had been on the road for over three weeks.  I had learned a lot about Lydia in that time.  She was quite a bit like Dean in a good way.  She knew she was doing, had extensive weapons training, though she was not arrogant about it, knew her folklore was certain she was on the side of good and could kick ass.  I loved it in her.  She had saved my butt more than once while we were gone.  With all the nights, we had shared a motel room we had yet to have sex.  It wasn’t because she had not offered but I hadn’t felt ready despite how much I wanted her.  

    She threw her bag on the floor before she kicked her shoes off and sat down on the sofa with a heavy sigh.
“Tired?” I asked.
“Understatement,” she said with a smile.
I sat on the sofa and indicated for to put her feet in my lap.  I rubbed her so feet with my hands as she closed her eyes.  She seemed to relax all over at my touch.
“Oh, that feels good, Sam please don’t stop.”
I smiled to myself, oh I had longed to hear those words, but in another context.  I refused to take advantage of the situation at the moment.  We sat silent for several moments before she got up to go take a shower.  

    After I took my turn in the shower, I found Lydia in the kitchen as she cooked grilled cheese sandwiches for us.  She had on her robe and was barefoot.  Her hair was damp as it hung wavy around her shoulders.  We had become comfortable around one another almost like best friends, but there was more than an under current of electricity.  I always felt it despite my self control.  There were times that I felt I had frustrated her to the point of no return, though.  We had kissed from time to time but I always pulled the plug with an excuse about us keeping our wits about us.  
{Flashback-one week before}
She sat at the desk with the laptop as she searched for another hunt for us.  I walked in fresh from a shower with a smile on my face.  She turned to look at me with a frown.
“Sam, do you think I am ugly?” she asked with a tilt of her head and a raised eyebrow.
“Oh my gosh, no, you are beautiful.  Lydia, what have I done to make you ask that?”
She shrugged before she bit her lip.
“Maybe its just my hormones but ….I kind of hoped we would have sex…sometime.  So far you have been almost brotherly but not much else; despite the way our first date went.”
I batted my eyes a couple of times as I thought of how to explain.
“Lydia, it’s not you its me, and I admit in your case it has been hard for me… because I am so attracted to you,” I said as took as seat across from her before I leaned forward with my elbows on my knees.
“Yeah? So you are all about timing?”
I nodded.
“Where is the fun in that?” she said with a smile before she went back to work.
I laughed.
{End Flashback}

    I was sorely tempted to kiss her on the neck but held back again.
“Want something to eat?”
“Sounds good,” I said as I went around her to get drinks from the refrigerator.
We crashed into one another as I backed up to go get napkins.  
“Sorry,” I said as I held her and the plate in my arms.
She backed away with a smile before she put the plates on the table.  I waited for her and pulled her to me without hesitation.  She put her arms around my neck, which was when I realized she wore nothing under the robe.  I leaned down to kiss her upturned lips, my hands were inside her robe on her warm silky skin.  We backed up and ran into the counter, before I looked down at her as my heart raced.  Her hands were tangled in my hair and mine where splayed out on her soft butt under the robe.  I could feel the counter top as it dug into my back but I was beyond caring.  I could have kissed her all day.

    The thing was we had been in this place before.  I felt she was hesitant because I had worked her into a frenzy with my kisses on more than one occasion then left her to her own devices because of my fear of getting too close.  Jess’ death had begun to haunt me daily while I fell for Lydia in earnest.  Once we had discussed the issues of hunting and life.  Neither of us wanted to hunt forever though we had begun to feel more fulfilled since we had become a team.  Dean had called more than once to remind me he was ready when I was.  Though I thought, being domestic had already worn thin on my big brother and that was the real reason.  

    When our lips finally parted, I lifted her onto the counter.
“Do you still want me?” I asked out of breath as I looked into her eyes with hopes of a positive reply.
She nodded a second before I picked her up to take her to the bed as I claimed her lips again.  I let her undress me as she smiled, as though I were a butter cream icing on a cake just waiting to be tasted.  I couldn’t stop smiling.  Why had I denied myself?  It wasn’t as though she had not expressed a desire for me, no I was not going to miss our first time together by over thinking.  We kissed with abandon as I kneeled to lay her on the bed though I had to leave her lips long enough to take off my jeans as she pulled my tee shirt over my head.  She pulled me onto the bed with her and I went into her arms.  For long moments, we held one another, something we had not done lying down before.  Now that we lay naked, together I wanted to be inside her but I figured we should go slow.  How could I have rejected her before when I had fallen fast and hard for her?  

    I leaned up on one elbow to look down into her eyes as I traced my fingers down her nose.  She bit her lip before she pulled my head down to kiss her again.  I moved my hand to caress her silky soft back.  I touched her all over her, gently stroking each spot.  I wanted to feel ever curve, every line of her body.  I wanted badly to hear her scream my name from the pleasure I wanted badly to give her.  I was at my breaking point I felt I might lose my mind if I didn’t let myself go this time.  She reciprocated as she ran her hands over me as our bodies where drawn to one another.  

    For some reason I became aware of the feel of sheets under me, they were unusually soft,  I looked up into Lydia’s green/ grey hazel eyes as she straddled me and put the condom over my erection.  She smiled as she impaled herself as she gently slid down flush with my hips.  
“It’s okay,” she said as she leaned up to stroke my chest as she moved up and we began the time honored dance of love.
I still could not get enough her, her smell, her skin, her soft sheets.  I smiled something about her bed welcomed me, maybe I just felt giddy because I was inside the woman I desired so much.  I pushed my hands through her hair as I brought her lips back to mine to kiss them repeatedly.  The rocking motion of our hips began to speed up after a few minutes I could see she was on the verge but I wasn’t ready to be done with our first time.  I caressed her nipples, the small of her back, the roundness of her firm ass until I was certain I would not forget anything about them, not their contours or their texture certainly not their smoothness.  Then I heard it, my name coming from her lips
“Sam, oh Sam,” she said softly as her eyes closed and her body trembled above me.  I pushed up a few more times before I came unceremoniously but with a grin as she smiled down at me.
“Sorry it wasn’t good for you,” she said as she stroked my face with her slender fingers her face contorted into a frown.
“Oh Lydia it was good, very good, no doubt about it,” I whispered as I held her close to me while I sighed into her hair.

So good I did not want it to end, she smiled as I gathered her into my arms.
    The next morning I awoke before her with the sun streaming oranges, reds and yellows outside the window.  I watched her as she slept, her long lashes lay against her cheeks, the highlights in her dark auburn hair were a contrast against the baby blue sheets, her slightly parted lips teased me as I longed to kiss them again.  I sighed instead.  Such a beauty.  The longer I looked at her as she lay prone and naked under only a sheet the more I wanted to touch her again.  I decided to make us breakfast.    

    I was almost done with the eggs when Lydia came in wearing only my shirt.  She looked serene I turned after putting the spatula on the stove to take her in my arms.  She put her arms around my neck as she kissed me softly.
“Hey,” I said when we were done with the kiss.
“Hey yourself.”
“Thanks for making breakfast,” she said as she helped me set the table.  
We were quiet for a few moments before I decided we needed to talk about the night before.
“Lydia, I enjoyed being with you last night, I am sorry it took me so long but I haven’t been with anyone since Jess.
“I know, I am sorry if it seemed as though I was pushing.  I wanted you so much but I’m glad we waited until we knew each other better,” she said as we both sat down to eat.
She bit her lip before she took her first bite.  
“What?”
“I’m crazy about you Sam.  I never thought I would find someone I had so much in common with then you showed up in my life.”
I grinned as I began to eat my meal in earnest but realized a moment later that I should make some kind of declaration myself.
 
    I put my fork down as I tried to chew my food up while I watched her start to eat.
“I am pretty crazy about you too,” I confessed.
She smiled at me with a twinkle in her eyes a she got up to come around the table and indicated for me to move away from it before she sat in my lap.
“It’s good to hear that though I already figured that,” she grinned before she kissed me again.
She smelled so good as I pushed my hands under my shirt she wore, with only a couple of buttons done I could see the curve of her soft full breasts.  I sighed into her neck.  We never did finish the breakfast I had cooked because a few minutes later we headed back to bedroom.  I never expected to fall for a huntress but maybe there was a God after all.

TBC