Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 win chron pic

 

Sam had just left his barber’s shop when he backed off the curb and happened to see Courtney leaving Planned Parenthood with another young woman. He swerved just in time to avoid hitting a woman on the corner of the street. He mouthed he was sorry as he rode down the street only to stop the car again. He quickly got the number for the Planned Parenthood location he needed from information and made a call.
“Yes, I am looking for Courtney Wend, I was supposed to pick her up out front.”
“Hold on please.”
He could hear the receptionist asking about Courtney, what procedure she had done, if she had left already, and did anyone see who picked her up.
“Um, who is this?”
“I am her brother; I haven’t been able to get her on her cell phone. Do you know anything?” Sam insisted.
“Well we are not supposed to give out this information but she had an abortion and the file clerk says she saw her get in the car with a young lady about her same age.”
“Did she have blonde hair?” Sam asked as he remember the girl Courtney spoke with at the grocery store.
“Yes, she says she did.”
“Oh that’s good that is her room mate,” Sam lied.
He thanked the receptionist before hanging up to call Dean.

Dean had experienced a hard day at work, he had skipped lunch and taken only one fifteen minute break to get off at his regular four-thirty end time. He had no desire to work overtime that particular day though most days he did since they needed the money and he enjoyed the work. When he walked in the house, he could tell something had happened. He knew his day was not going to get any easier but he was not ready to hear bad news yet. He kissed Cassie and headed to the shower. Anything that had gone wrong could wait until he cleaned up.

Cassie could tell he was tired so she attempted to be cheery and to keep the kid’s noise to a minimum. After he showered, Dean played with Marty and Dee Dee while Cassie finished setting the table for dinner. Even though, the meal was tasty and Dee Dee was on her best behavior Dean knew Cassie was holding back some important news. Dean cleared his throat.
“Go ahead and spill it, I know something happened,” he said with a smile as he put his plate in the sink.
Cassie finished her last bite then met him at the counter. She looked into her husband’s eyes reluctant to speak Courtney’s name.
“Courtney had an abortion today,” she finally said as he put his arms around her.
Dean blinked a couple of times before he said anything as he moved his hands from her waist.
“What?”
Cassie didn’t repeat herself because she knew he had heard but was having a hard time processing the information. She nodded as confirmation before she went to take Dee Dee out of the high chair so she could clean her face.

“Sam called, right?”
“Yes, he saw her when she came out of the clinic and he followed up.”
Dee Dee reached for Dean and he took her to play in the living room. Dee Dee looked Dean in the face, poor Daddy. She moved his face so that he looked her square in the eyes.
“Daddy, k?”
Dean raised an eyebrow at her, how many times had she said that lately. Is she honestly concerned at her age? Does she have “the shining” too?
“I’m good little Miss,” he said to her with a smile.
Cassie picked up Marty from the portable crib then joined the other two so they could relax.

“Do you think this will effect the situation with Jason?” Cassie asked.
“I think it could, it’s according to how she spins it. If she tries oh I am already a single mom and I didn’t need another mouth to feed or I was stressed because of the custody situation with my child.”
“The second will get her more sympathy.”
Dean was quiet as he watched his children play.
“I know it may sound bad but I am glad she didn’t abort Jason, Cassie.”
He could only hope she would understand and see his point of view as a father.
Cassie looked at him uncertainly. Can I really be so selfish as to wish that little boy had never been born? I know Dean doesn’t need to feel as though he has betrayed what we have but I hate the position Courtney has put him and our family in.
“Cassie?”
“Forgive me, okay, I am just not there yet, Dean,” she said as she searched his eyes for a hint that he understood.
“It’s okay, I am glad for your honesty.”
He thought Cassie was being selfish on one hand but if he were in her shoes how would he feel. He really didn’t know why she didn’t just walk away from him and all of his problems. Maybe sheer stubbornness kept her by his side, though he hoped it was her love for him.
“Not that I would wish death to anyone,” she said as he realized she was staring at him.
He nodded, “ I know.”

Sara wasn’t surprised to hear what Courtney had done but Sam seemed taken aback by the situation. They were sitting in their apartment talking about what had happened. Sara knew that both Winchester brothers felt that life was sacred, after all why would they have spent years hunting? They’re motivation wasn’t just to get revenge on the Demon that killed their mother, but to also make sure no other family would have to suffer what they went through, well at least they wouldn’t suffer because of the monsters, ghosts and demons.
“I don’t know Sara, even though Courtney is just a name and a face to me, I never expected this,” Sam sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.
Sara sat in his lap and wrapped her arms around him.
“I thought you were going to get a hair cut?”
Sam looked at her and smiled, “ I did.”
“A trim maybe, that is not a hair cut,” she teased.
“You are just trying to change the subject,” Sam grinned as he kissed her neck.
“That and I am surprised you paid money to have them remove so little hair,” she laughed while she tangled her fingers through his still long hair.
He tickled her and she jumped off his lap carefully since she still held a handful of his hair, before she put her hand out for him to follow her to the bedroom.

Courtney was up sick all night and Jason was fussy. Okay they told me this would be easy so far, it’s been the worse day of my life. She hated to do it but she phoned her friend, Megan, who had picked her up at the clinic, at three in the morning because she needed to get to a hospital since she was bleeding heavily and there was no way she could drive safely. Despite what Dean thought, she loved her child and she didn’t want him in danger. Jason screamed as he watched his mother fall to the floor.

Dean got the call at five in the morning from Megan that Courtney was in the hospital and she wanted him to be notified since her parents were out of the country.
“But she will be fine, right?”
Cassie looked curiously at Dean as he sat up in bed with the phone to his ear.
“I can’t just leave, I have work. Hold on.”
Dean looked sadly at Cassie, he hated to ask her to do this but he didn’t want Jason with strangers. Cassie did understand that Courtney was in a new city and she was going to be unable to take care of Jason, as she recuperated.
“Doesn’t she have other relatives she can call?” she asked hoping that Megan had jumped to the wrong conclusions.
“They aren’t a very close family, Cas, please I know this is beyond the call of duty but ….”
Cassie nodded before he finished the sentence; she could do this; it wasn’t much but Dean needed to know that she wanted to help.

Sam and Sara picked up Jason from the hospital to keep overnight until Cassie arrived to get him the next day. Dee Dee and Marty stayed with their Nana while Dean worked the next day. By late the next afternoon, they were all one family back at the Winchester household. Jason seemed happy as he played with his siblings and father in the living room while Cassie walked her mother to the front door and thanked her for helping with the kids.
“You did the right thing, Sweetie, Dean needed to be sure the little boy was taken care of.”
Cassie smiled at her mother, “ I know I’m not trying to be hard on him, Jason is a good kid, I mean he is practically a baby and I certainly have nothing against him.”
Cassie hugged her mom before she turned to leave.

Cassie stood at the door to their living room and she bit her lip as she saw Dean holding Marty in his lap while Jason played with his toys across the room.
Deanna sat quietly as she held her teddy bear to keep it from Jason who was paying her no attention whatsoever. Cassie worried about Deanna she seemed especially sensitive about Jason being around.
“Hey,” Dean said as Cassie sat on the other end of the sofa.
“Hey yourself, how are the kids treating you?”
“We are getting along fine,” he grinned.
“That’s good but Dee Dee looks upset.”
Dean handed Marty to Cassie as he went to get the little girl who was at closer notice, crying.

“Dee Dee what’s wrong?” Dean asked as they took a seat.
She pointed to Jason, I still don’t like him.
“He has his own toys how is he bothering you?”
She just looked at Dean, he is in my house.
“He is your brother, Sweet Girl, he may be here a while.”
Dee Dee held Dean around his neck as she looked at him, No, Daddy.
“You are going to be a great big sister to both him and Marty, you will get used to them both,” he said as he kissed her on the cheek.
Dee Dee gave him her best dimpled grin, I don’t think so.

“Dean when I found out I was pregnant with Dee Dee I didn’t know what to do,” Cassie said as she watched Dean holding Deanna in his lap.
“But..,”
“I did know that I was going to have it, but not whether I would keep it.”
“Did you ever consider calling me about the baby?”
She nodded, “Yes, every day.”
“Cassie…,”
“I loved you but I just didn’t think there was room for a child in your life.”
She bit her lip as Marty wiggled in an attempt to be let down. Cassie put him on the floor and he crawled over to where Jason sat playing with his toys. They looked at one another then Marty went to his own pile of toys to play. Dee Dee watched her brothers but was unimpressed as she leaned on her Daddy’s chest with her thumb in her mouth, something she had only began to do since she met Jason. Cassie consoled Dean that when she got used to the little boy she would probably stop again. Dean hoped so he missed his brave little girl the one they had no doubts that her daddy loved her. He smiled down at her as he held her securely against his chest then ran his hand over her hair.

“Anyway, I just decided that by keeping the baby I could have a part of you with me even if I never saw you again.”
“Well I can tell you that you should not have hesitated to call me, Cas, I have always wanted to settle down with only one woman in my life. That woman is you but I can see how I may not have made that clear.”
Cassie laughed, “You could be such a jerk.”
“And you were so stubborn, just like, you know who here,” he said as he pointed to their daughter.”
Dee Dee looked up at him, you talking about me? Dean kissed her forehead as she looked at him.
“Yeah, but it can be a good quality, too,” Cassie laughed.
“Well I am almost certain Courtney’s abortion had nothing to do with anything other than convenience. It’s pretty sickening if I let myself think about the fact that the baby she got rid of so easily could have been Jason,” Dean said as he eyed his sons in the floor. Cassie shrugged as she got Dee Dee to take her for a bath and then on to bed.

After the kids where all situated with Dee Dee and Marty in her room and Jason sound asleep in the portable crib in their room the adults needed some play time. Cassie moaned into Dean’s neck as they made love; he leaned up to kiss her again while she arched her back pressing her chest against his. Dean was lost in the pleasure of the moment without realizing his error. The had been so careful since Marty’s birth but today things had progressed faster than usual because all Dean wanted was to be next to her and forget his cares. Cassie hoped thoughts of Courtney were far from Dean’s mind but she loved him too much to consider the thought for more than a moment. Once his lips had brushed against hers, their clothes were a thing of the past. She bit his lip as he pushed against her intimately while he smiled up at her boldness.
“Sweet, stubborn and a bit wild,” he laughed quietly.
She ran her hands through his hair as she cupped his head in her hands, then she bit her own lip to keep from screaming his name, since the baby was in the room. Dean seemed to enjoy pushing her to the edge of her mind with his tender touch. That was when it hit him.
“You are on the pill again, right?”
Cassie nodded as she took the dominate position, though it was tricky since they were under the covers just in case they received little visitors. Discussing birth control was the last thing on her mind as she looked into her husband’s grinning face before she closed her eyes in ecstasy.

Dee Dee was the first one up the next morning, she came in to shake her daddy on the shoulder.
“Daddy, Daddy up.”
Dean mumbled but didn’t move frustrating the little girl, so she bit him on the arm. Dean who was only pretending to be asleep pulled her into the bed with them and started tickling her. She couldn’t stop laughing. All of the commotion woke up the rest of the household within five minutes everyone was in there bed playing and laughing. Cassie had gone to get Marty who was crying and feeling left out as well as Jason who seemed to be content just watching from across the room. She was glad they had put there pajamas on the night before after they made love.