Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Cassie took a deep breath before she answered the cell phone when Dean called back.

“What’s up Baby?”

“Your daughter wants to hear your voice,” she said as she put the phone to the baby’s ear.

Cassie could hear him talk to her, “Hi Dee Dee I will be back soon, be good for your Mom, okay.”

“Daddy,” the little girl said as she looked at the little phone where her Dad’s voice seemed to be. She tried to take it from Cassie.

“No Sweetie, he will be back.”

Mrs. Robinson picked up the baby to take her for some juice while Cassie talked to Dean.

“Cas, I’m sorry Courtney picked up I….”

“It’s okay maybe she was afraid you might miss an important call while you showered.”

Dean didn’t like the way the sentence sounded.

“Nothing is happening except that I am trying to get a handle on being a father to this little boy,” he insisted.

“I know; I’m good.”

“You sure?”

She nodded even though he couldn’t see her.

“Cas?”

“I’m good I promise don’t worry about me this is your time with Jason.”

“Okay, I will call you later tonight tell Dee Dee I love her too.”

“Too?”

“I love you silly you are the number one girl in my life,” he said with a smile in his voice.

“I love you too, talk later.”

----

Sam phoned Cassie a little while later to try to find out when was a good time over his break for him to visit.

“I am seeing someone and we are trying to get our schedules planned.”

“Oh, spill I,t tell me about the new girl in your life?” Cassie said as she set at the counter to watch her mom with the baby outside.

“Okay I will tell you her name is Jackie, she has brown hair and bright blue eyes, she is smart, funny, her major is archeology and she loves to laugh.”

“Sounds promising, she must be new you didn’t mention her last month when you called.”

“We have been together about three weeks now.”

“Uh huh,” Cassie teased.

“I know why you and Dean got together you both have gutter minds,” Sam laughed.

“Besides I am a gentleman I don’t give out details. We are, you know, taking it slow, being casual while not seeing anyone else so far,” he laughed.

“So is the second week of December good?’

“It should be as long as I have the baby before.”

So they agreed on that then Cassie told him about Dean being with Courtney and Jason; Sam was glad that Dean was doing his Dad thing but made a mental note to talk to Dean himself later that weekend.

----

By the end of the first night Dean wasn’t sure if his coming to spend time with Jason was a good idea but only because the kid was so young he wasn’t convinced Jason would remember the time they spent together. Courtney disagreed insisting that if nothing else she could tell Jason that Dean had been willing to come visit him despite the strange circumstances. He and Courtney didn’t have much to say to one another they just watched Jason play then laughed about his little goofs after a while Dean began to feel uncomfortable so he went to bed early. Once in bed he couldn’t sleep so he called Cassie.

“Hi Baby, what are you doing?”

“I’m just getting dressed for bed,” Cassie said as she pulled her shirt on around her phone then lie down on the bed.

“So I am just in time,” Dean teased.

“Uh huh,” she said as she turned up the monitor, shut the door then put the phone under the covers so she could talk dirty to her husband and giggle without her mother hearing.

----

Sam called Dean after he came back from the weekend to see how things had turned out. Cassie was sitting in Dean’s lap with a bit of difficulty when the phone rang they both laughed because he couldn’t reach over her pregnant tummy. She decided it was best if she got the phone then left him to talk to Sam after she handed it over to him.”

“Hey Sammy what’s up Cassie said you are bringing some new girl with you for Christmas is that true?”

“Yes it is she is wonderful, you know warm, pretty, fun to be around. “

“Sounds like your type, Sammy.”

“I don’t know maybe she is too nice but I really like her we will see what happens. I called to see how your weekend went.”

Dean explained that in reality he believed the trip was a bust because Jason was just to young to benefit from his presence, even though he had begun to feel more comfortable around him before he left late Saturday night. He wasn’t sure if he wanted Cassie to know everything but he didn’t want to start lying to her either.

----

Flashback-Saturday Morning at the rental

Dean sat at the table eating the nice breakfast Courtney had created for him. She stood behind the counter as she watched Jason who was in the high chair at the table also; she pondered that they looked so much alike.

“Do you ever wish we could have had a relationship?” she asked out of the silence that had lain for over ten minutes while they ate.

“No,” Dean said plainly as he completed his eggs then got up to put them in the sink.

Courtney looked in his eyes as he stood beside her. Dean backed up a few inches.

“I wish it didn’t sound harsh but the facts are all we had was sex. You knew the first night where my heart was and I never ever promised you anything but sex. Now Jason wasn’t planned to say the least but I don’t want him to suffer for our bad decision.”

“Deanna wasn’t planned, you didn’t even know she existed you said. How do you know she is even yours? Was there a test?”

Dean glared at her, “You are joking? I know Cassie she isn’t like you or me.”

She looked in his eyes again but saw only anger this time. How many nights had he had the same thought she wondered. But it wouldn’t matter he loved his wife it wasn’t just sex for him and Cassie it was something that has surpassed time apart, angry words, unanswered phone calls and sleepless nights.
--
Courtney nodded as she tried to keep her protective shell around her heart, so she had always hoped that Dean would be free when she found him having given up his pipe dream of a relationship with Cassie. She had been disappointed to see them together, happily it seemed, Dean was the same but he was committed to his wife something she wanted him to be to her. The only hold she had was a child that would never keep him around. Why couldn’t men understand that sex means so much more to women? They never seem to get it. But then she had tried hard to be like him the two days they had laid up in bed.. When she thought of it now it seemed so good in a very bad way.

“Courtney?”

“I’m sorry that wasn’t appropriate for me to say, I just wondered. Don’t worry about it Dean you’re right I knew about Cassie from the start.”

Dean went to take Jason out of the high chair so they could go outside to sit on the porch in the bit back her tears as they came unwanted to her eyes. Boy, that was stupid for Jason’s sake I need to keep Dean as a friend not run him off.

End Flashback

----

Sam didn’t believe that Dean should keep anything from Cassie he encouraged him to tell her everything even if it seemed like it might be misconstrued. Dean took his brother’s advice and told her about what he and Courtney had discussed in the kitchen the morning before.

“You know Deanna is yours?” she asked as she lie in his arms.

“Yes, I do,” he said without hesitation.

“So Courtney was trying to plant seeds of doubt to tear us apart? When you have gone out of your way to be a responsible parent to Jason?”

Dean was quiet.

“Dean?”

“Looks like it.”

“From now on we go see Jason as a family; no more you going on your own, do you agree?”

“Absolutely.”

They rested quietly thinking their own thoughts for long moments.

“Cas?”

“Humm.”

“I never thought Dee Dee belonged to anyone other than me, I promise.”

“I’m glad Dean it means a lot to me and Dee Dee,” she said as she leaned up then turned around as graceful as possible. Dean set up against the head board to help her in her desire to kiss him.

“Any day now,” he said as he rubbed her stomach with a smile.

----

Dean was home with Dee Dee when he got a call from Mrs. Robinson who was with Cassie at the mall. He had told them it was a bad idea but both stubborn women had gone anyway.

“Dean, Cassie is at the hospital,” Mrs. Robinson said as she sounded out of breath. The speakers could be heard in the background.

“Is she okay?”

“Yes, but she is trying to wait for you to have the baby. Come as soon as you can.”

Dean put Dee Dee shoes on but realized when he got to the Impala that the car seat was in the car with Cassie and her Mom. It took him a minute to solve the problem by using several blankets and pillows in the car to make a cushion for the little girl then put her in the seatbelt and prayed the entire way that he did not get stopped or have an accident. Of course, Dee Dee was happy to be going for a ride with her Dad. He had never prayed so hard or long in his entire life then he thanked God profusely that he was able to park in the back of the parking lot away from prying eyes. They only lived about five minutes from the hospital and that also had been in his favor.

----

In the delivery room, Dean didn’t understand why Cassie didn’t seem to be in pain but looked a bit too serene for him as she did her breathing.

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

“Um, I’m good but shouldn’t you be screaming and squeezing my hand maybe a bit of cursing and telling me to never touch you again?”

Cassie laughed.

“That is what the breathing is for to help me relax through the pain. I will squeeze your hand and curse if it turns you on,” she laughed.

Dean laughed too.

“That’s okay but maybe later.”

Cassie watched him out of her peripheral vision as she scrunched her face up as the baby’s head came out. Dean looked like he might faint. She gave a little yelp when the shoulders came out and Dean looked at her. He knew she was trying to make him feel better.

----

Dean was surprised to see infant boy that seemed quite pale almost white to him after they cleaned him up then handed him over so he could show him to Cassie. They took the baby back from Dean then Cassie was stitched up and taken to her room.

Dean phoned Sam while he waited in the waiting room with Dee Dee and his mother in law. Dee Dee sat in his lap and tried to grab the phone while he spoke to Sam.

“Say hi, say hi to Unca Sam,” she couldn’t grasp the concept but just looked at the little object Dean placed to her ear.

“Unca Sam?” she said as she heard his voice.

Afterward she sat in Dean’s lap then clapped her hands while she made noises. Mrs. Robinson just watched and grinned.

“So she is okay?”

“Oh Sam, she was great I didn’t know she had such a high threshold for pain, Man, I thought I was going to pass out with all the blood,” Dean stopped talking when he saw Mrs. Robinson’s disapproving look.

Sam laughed.

“We will talk about that later.”

“Some details I don’t want to know.”

----

They had Cassie feeding the baby for the first time. He sat beside the bed to look at her and his son. He couldn’t help smiling.

“We have a son.”

Cassie looked questioningly at him.

“I know I have Jason but this one is ours, mine and yours, he is special.”

“I agree,” she said as she put him on her shoulder to burp him.

He burped fairly loud.

“Nice big manly belch,” Dean said as he picked up the little boy to hold him a moment.

He was around twenty inches long, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes.

“He looks like Sammy,” Cassie said as she watched Dean try to hold the baby gently.

“Yea he does all long arms and legs, but cute no less.”

“Spoken like a true Dad. So what are we naming this son of yours?”

“I was thinking John Dillon or Dillon Martin so we could call him Marty.”

Cassie laughed, “I like Marty kind of a fun guy name.”

“Yea, I do too, lets do that one,” he said while he handed the baby back because he had begun to whimper in the desire to get back to his meal.

Dean just stood there before he sat down to look in Cassie’s eyes.

“What?”

“Why is he so white?”

She laughed, “Have you looked in the mirror over the last say twenty eight years?”

“But he should be darker right? Like Dee Dee.”

“He will get darker, I’m sure if not we have one that looks like you,” she teased.

“Stock up on the sunscreen, I know same joke ha ha,” Dean smiled as he bent down to kiss her waiting lips again.

----

Dee Dee and Mrs. Robinson came in the room during the kiss.

“Starting on a new one so soon,” Cassie’s mother teased.

“Not today,” Cassie laughed as Dean turned red.

“Daddy, Daddy Ro Ro,” Dee Dee said as she reached up for him to pick her up.

Dean shook his head as he held her in his arms.

“Who is Ro Ro?” he asked no one in particular.

“She is trying to say brother I’m not sure how she got Ro out of it,” Cassie laughed.

“Well in that case take a look at Ro Ro,” Dean said as he put her eye level with the baby even though he was eating his dinner. Dee Dee tried to touch him but Dean helped her to do it softly.

She grinned as she snuggled into Dean’s neck.

TBC