Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Dean watched his family sleep after a long day of being on the road. They were back at Sam and Sara’s for the night. Marty was in his portable crib fast asleep while Cassie and Dee Dee were in with him. Cassie seemed dead tired after being out with him and the kids all day. Deanna lie between them snuggled close to Dean’s side. He did not understand how someone like him could end up with so much good in his life. When he looked at Cassie, he didn’t think she looked any older than when they had met over five years ago.
{Flashback-March 2003)
They were at Cassie’s apartment after attending a movie earlier in the evening. They had known one another for more than a week, after having met at a farmer’s market. He had been wandering around as he attempted to find a decent cup of coffee among the herbal tea vendors, his first glance of Cassie had been of her backside as she thumped the cantaloupes. They had conversed over the fruit before going for lunch; Dean was sure he never wanted to be with anyone else after very little time with her and it frightened him. “Cassie,” he said a bit breathlessly as they kissed outside her door.
“Why don’t we go inside,” she suggested.
She seemed nervous as she opened the door wide for Dean to come in while she turned on her lights. The two-bedroom apartment was split in half so her and her roommate, Jen, only shared the living area that held an entertainment center on one wall with a fireplace in the centerpiece of the room as well as the kitchen. There were two baths and two bedrooms as well as a patio outside. Dean was less concerned with the décor but more interested with the woman before him. He sat down on the sofa to take off his boots while she grabbed two beers from the refrigerator. She grinned that Dean was comfortable on the sofa when she got back from the kitchen. This was the first time they had been to her place since Jen who was always at home. Usually they had gone to Dean’s motel to “hook up” after their dates.
Dean looked in her eyes as she sat down beside him. He could tell she was distracted or nervous.
“You okay?”
“I’m fine, I just…”
”What?”
“I think I am in love with you, but it seems …”
“To soon? I know but I feel the same,” he said before he kissed her.
{End Flashback}
He still craved her touch as much as the first time they had been together; he really hoped that he would not mess things up any worse with her than he already had.

Marty and Deanna were two more blessings he would never have guessed he would have in his life, children. Marty was young but he too seemed to have come into the world pre programmed with an individual personality. He seemed astute for a six-month-old infant; Dean was sure he had “the shining” but he wasn’t ready to proclaim that to Cassie yet. His daughter was another personality all together; she was willful but sweet. Maybe little girls were just that way he knew his wife was the same.

He had closed his eyes while he thought of his family but after a few minutes, he felt a tug on his arm so he looked up to see Dee Dee smiling at him.
“Daddy,” she whispered.
Dean grinned as he picked her up to head to the kitchen. It had been a few months since Dee Dee had eaten late night ice cream with him. Cassie was afraid their daughter would gain weight that would be hard to lose so she had taken to giving her yogurt instead.
Dean wasn’t totally on that bandwagon yet but normally he respected Cassie’s wishes.

Once they were in the kitchen Dee Dee reached in the refrigerator for the yogurt Sara had put there earlier while Dean checked out the ice cream stock. Dee Dee was just happy to be up late with her Daddy but she was pleasantly surprised when he gave her a small bowl then let her pick the kind of ice cream she wanted.
“Pin..k.”
Dean nodded, “ Pink it is.”
He added a generous amount of vanilla to his bowl before he sat down near his daughter at the table. He tried to put pillows in the seat to make it tall enough for her to reach but it still didn’t work well in the end she sat in his lap.

Sara was surprised to see Dee Dee and Dean eating at the kitchen table at three in the morning.
“Hey you two,” she said as she yawned before reaching into to grab a yogurt smoothie.
She watched the two of them from in front of the kitchen counter Dean ate, as he seemed to be thinking while the little girl just enjoyed her treat. She took each bite slowly as though she wanted her bowl to last a while as she sat safely snuggled in her Daddy’s lap.
“Um Dean, you spilled some ice cream on her.”
Dee Dee looked up at him and he could see the drop he spilled on her cheek; his solution was to lick it off which didn’t surprise Dee Dee her Daddy always did silly things. She smiled at him before she went back to her ice cream. Sara could only shake her head. The Winchester men were something else but the main thing was they were lovable.

Sam showed up in the kitchen while Dean cleaned his daughter’s face at the kitchen sink. She sat patiently on the counter while he used wipes to get as much ice cream off her face and hands as he could. Unfortunately, her nightgown and his t-shirt needed to be changed.
“Did you get any of the ice cream in your mouth,” Sam teased as he sat down with Sara who was seated at the table while she watched Dean and Dee Dee.
“Yes we sure did and it was good,” Dean said as he smiled at Dee Dee who nodded in agreement with him.
“I think its more about bonding,” Sara said quietly to Sam who had a hard time reconciling his older brother with a child, let alone one who seemed to enjoy his company so much. Sam shook his head as he smiled and then kissed Sara while the other two headed back to the room.

Once they were changed and smelled fresh Dean noticed that Marty was awake in his crib.
“Daddy, Row Row.”
Dee Dee got a diaper out of the diaper bag for Dean who quickly changed his son while his daughter tried to look on but was too short to see what was happening.
After Marty was changed, Dean turned around to find Cassie watching them.
“Good job,” she said with a smile as he handed her the baby to feed.
“Sorry if we woke you,” Dean apologized before he gave her a kiss than helped Dee Dee back into the bed with them.
“Row Row eat,” Dee Dee said with a grin as she watched Marty breastfeed.
After a few minutes, the little girl leaned back on Dean then dozed off. Cassie noticed Dean seemed comfortable as Deanna lay on his chest as he watched her.
“What are you thinking about?’
“Us and all this,” he replied as he pointed at the children.
“Is it too much?”
He shook his head, no, it’s more than I deserve. “Cas, you know I don’t know where God is in all this or even if he exists. So I don’t know how I feel so blessed. Despite the Jason situation, us, here is more than I ever expected from my life.”
Cassie smiled.
{Flashback-at his hotel the first time they made love} Dean had moved into a decent hotel with hopes that he and Cassie might come after one of their dates. He had even bought some Wal-mart sheets and a blanket because he wasn’t’ sure how to feel about the ones that came with the hotel beds. After the third date, they went back to the hotel. Cassie sat uncomfortably at the table with the coffee maker on it as she bit her lip while Dean grabbed some beer out of a portable refrigerator.
“Sorry I don’t have wine.”
“It’s not a problem,” she said as he handed her the bottle then sat across from her.
“Dean?”
“Cas” they both said at once.
He insisted she go first but instead of talking, she got up. She went around the table to sit in his lap so he scooted the chair back. She licked her lips as she looked in his eyes.
“I’ve never felt I could be myself or be bold with anyone else,” she said as she ran her fingers through his hair. He cupped his hands behind her head so he could kiss her, gently. There hearts raced as the kiss intensified. Dean lifted her in his arms to take her to the bed. Once she lay naked before him, she felt a bit exposed but there was no turning back with Dean’s lips hot on her neck. She couldn’t tell him she had never done it before, she only hoped it wasn’t too obvious her intentions had been to wait until she was at least engaged to someone but with Dean, everything was happening fast. She arched her back as he awakened things inside of her that she didn’t know existed. The look on his face was frightening but exciting all at once. She trusted him though she barely knew him. Despite his hard exterior personality, he was gentle with her he realized his error immediately but didn’t stop for a few additional minutes.
“Cassie why didn’t you tell me?” he asked with concern while she eyed him innocently.
“Because its okay I wanted to be with you.”
She felt like a big baby but she didn’t want him to walk away because of her inexperience. He pulled her into his arms but didn’t say anything.
“If I had known I would have….”
“Doesn’t it matter that I wanted you to make love to me? It wasn’t just sex, right?”
“No not just sex at all, I just would have been better prepared if I knew that I was you first.”
“Do you sleep with many virgins?”
She hated the way it sounded she didn’t want Dean with anyone else.
“No, I don’t think I do, but you are special to me and don’t think that I would have wanted you any less if I had known. Cassie, I just would have wanted to be a nice experience for you not a hit and miss here in a hotel room.”
{End Flashback}
Cassie shook her head when she realized Dean was talking to her.
“I think Marty is ready to switch, he is considering taking control there it looks like.”
Dean smiled as his son looked at Cassie with a pout and a whimper. Marty was reaching for her other breast since he knew the drill and she wasn’t moving along fast enough for him.
“I’m sorry, “she said to the baby as she kissed his head and gave him what he wanted.
Dean watched with a grin.
“You zoned out for a minute there; care to share it with me?”
Cassie held Marty in her arms to watch him for a few moments while she formulated in her mind what she wanted to say.
“When did you know you loved me?’

“I can’t say exactly when but I know it happened quickly. At first I thought you were an obsession because I wanted to spend all my time with you. Later I realized that what I was experiencing was love.”
“So that is why we had such long dates?”
“Exactly, I enjoyed your company, listening to your talk, your sassy ways and after our first time making love, that was something else we indulged in that intensified my feelings for you.”
“You call me sassy but your encouraged my wanton behavior,” she teased.
Dean recalled the time they were in the balcony at the movie theater and Cassie had straddled him before he put his wandering hands up her shirt. They were kissing intimately before the manager came over to them to give them a warning about their behavior. Dean had insisted the movie was so boring they had to find something else to do since they had paid their money.
“Funny we weren’t the only ones “necking” that night, the people behind us were practically having sex and they were loud.”
Dean laughed, what she said was true.
“Oh well it wouldn’t have benefited us to “nark” on them,” he grinned.

Sara moaned softly as she and Sam made love he appreciated her encouraging him along though for a moment he dazed out. He had loved Jess so deeply but here he was again in bed with another woman. He looked down to see Sara looking strangely at him, her eyebrow arched seductively as she bit her lip. She ran her fingers through his chestnut colored hair as he kissed her neck, her throat, her shoulder leaving a hot trail behind.
“Sam.”
He grinned as she tightened her legs around him. “Hum.”
He ran his hands gently over her chest and stomach.
“I like what you are doing,” she practically purred.
Sam smiled all of his thoughts rushed to the present.
“I’m glad I can be of service,” he teased as he closed his eyes with the final thrust.
Sara opened her eyes to see Sam as he grinned at her.
“I love you,” he said.

TBC