Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story is not complete I am hoping that there will be interest in the forum to encourage me to finish what I started years ago.  Please leave feedback.

Faith was played by Mekia Cox in the episode. 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


mekia as faith

 

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
Sir Winston Churchill

 

 When Lucas found Faith she was in the park sitting on a bench reading a book. He removed her book from her hand as he pulled her to her feet to give her a hug. Their playful hug soon changed to a passionate kiss as Lucas whispered in her ear.
“Take me back please, I love you.”
She ran her fingers across his lips, smiled and pressed her lips against his again, as he held her around her waist while he attempted to find an opening under her shirt to touch her soft skin.
“I thought you would never ask,” she said as she pushed away from him to see his beautiful baby blues.
“Are you wearing enough clothes?” he teased her as he sat down and pulled her into his lap so they could continue kissing.

---

It had been three months since Lucas last came to visit Faith but he still hadn't  told her about his condition. He beat himself up for not asking her to give him another chance now that they were older. He has missed her immensely all the phone calls and letters in the world couldn’t make up for not being able to hold her in his arms.

Faith loved Lucas and every time he visited she had gotten her hopes up that it will be the time that he decided to give them another chance. To finally be held by him the way she was used to was frightening because she has wanted it for so long. She was all but holding her breath afraid that it was a dream.
“All this kissing is making me hungry for something we probably don’t want to do on the court,” he said.
“Yea, I think we should play some b ball to release some of this sexual tension, no pun intended,” she replied having removed herself from his arms to race him to the court.

While they played basket ball Lucas collapsed.  It had only been over an hour of mostly goofing off; nothing tiring.  Faith was panicked inside but she had to stay calm.  She couldn't flake out when Lucas needed her most.  She put her jacket under his head before she dialed 911 and then Haley to see if she knew if Lucas had a medical problem.


“Hales, this is Faith, Lucas collapsed; do you know if he has a medical problem? I need to know, they’re taking him to the hospital.”
“Faith, where are you? What’s going on?”
“Hales anything I need to know,” Faith asked impatiently.
“Yea, he has HCM, its a heart condition.”
“Okay I’ll call you back shortly, thanks,” she replied finishing the call.

Haley is unsure of what to do since Brooke was still sad about Lucas blowing her off. Where was Peyton?
  She dialed Peyton’s cell phone but doesn’t get an answer so she decided to wait to see if Faith called back since she has no idea of where they would take Lucas. 

She doesn’t have to wait long; Faith is true to her word and she let Haley know what happened. Brooke came outside to see what Haley was doing since she was supposed help her with the clothes.
“Did you take a break?”
“No, uh Brooke, Lucas had to go to the hospital. Faith said they are just checking him out but I think I’m going to go see him.
“Fine go ahead desert me, he did and you two are buds,” Brooke said as she slammed door.
Brooke stood on the other side of the door visibly upset but no one else noticed.
“Too much drama,” Haley remarked before she phoned Nathan to let him know what was going on.

After three hours Lucas woke up in a hospital room with little memory of what happened. Faith was beside him holding his hand; there were tears in her eyes.
“Lucas, why didn’t you tell me you were sick?”
He tried to speak but his mouth was dry so he motioned for her to give him the water. He knew he was stalling. He had a stack of letters at his home all addressed to Faith; the last few tell her about his HCM.
“Didn’t I write you?” he said with a silly grin.
She shook her head.

Her mother walked in then; she was never his biggest fan and if she knew what he and faith had been to one another in the past she wouldn’t have shown up today. Though she seemed okay with their new relationship; their previous explorations would have made her keep Faith far away from Lucas.
“So how are you Lucas?”
“He just needs some medication, Mom, he'll be fine,” Faith answered for him.
Lucas nodded.
“Then we should go his friend is in the waiting area,” she commanded Faith who completely ignored her eyes.

“I’ll be home later,” Faith replied looking at Lucas.
Her mother doesn’t argue before she sleaves the room after wishing him well.
“The Ice Queen Cometh,” Lucas said smiling at Faith. She doesn’t smile, but they are kissing when Haley arrived in the room.  Haley can only smile at them.  She was happy Lucas finally got back with Faith because she made him happy before unlike Drama Queen Brooke.


While Faith gave Lucas time alone with Haley she remembers the times she and Lucas spent together. It all happened after he proclaimed himself her protector; they played basketball together on weekends and Sundays just for kicks. They both enjoyed books so they would sneak off to Wilmington to hang out at the library. Generally during school they would share a few stolen kisses but nothing really intimate. Lucas was a natural at kissing; knowing what to do with his tongue and all, it excited her just to think about it. Haley was a good friend to them since she was the only one who knew they were spending time together. They had decided to go public with their dating when she had to move away. Their relationship changed to phone calls and a few stolen moments after that it started to deteriorate with the distance.

---

Haley came by to speak with Faith after she left Lucas’ room.
“You didn’t have to leave the room,” Haley said sitting down.
“No that’s okay I need to visit the ladies room anyway,” Faith replied smiling at her.
“Hey, I’m glad you are back with Lucas he wasn’t the same once you two decided it was going to be to hard to stay togetherl.  You're good for him and I hope things work out for you.”
“What about Brooke?” Faith asked in her straight forward way.
“Brooke and Lucas don’t belong together they are way too different he finally figured that out now Brooke just needs to get it in her head. Trust me I know them both very well,” she said as she got up to hug her.

Faith waited a few minutes before she knocked on Lucas’ door.
“You don’t have to knock,” he grinned. She lean down and kissed his lips; he ran his fingers down her face. Faith was sitting on the bed with her back to the door when someone knocked. Lucas’ hands were on her stomach as she turned around. They were both embarrassed as she adjusted her shirt seeing Karen at the door.
“News travels fast,” Lucas said smiling.


“Hi Faith,” Karen said while hugging her.
“Hi Karen, I will let you talk to your son,” Faith replied leaving again.
“So the truth came out; my hard headed son, so like his father, has HCM and no money for medication. When were you going to tell me?”
“Mom I was doing fine without it,” he said defensively.
“Until you almost died today; if nothing else think of your poor friends feelings. She wouldn’t have suggested basketball if she had known I’m sure.”
Lucas let his mom know that he was sorry and also about his new relationship.

It’s near the end of visiting hours before Faith returned to see him.
“I was afraid you were gone,” he said frowning.
“They mentioned that you should rest a while.”
She told him to scoot over so she can get in the bed. He grinned at her boldness as he laid his head on her chest. This feels like home.
“I’ve missed you Lucas, I was so glad to see you today and delighted you wanted me back.”


He turned around to look at her, “I missed you too.”
The nurse came in to tell them visiting hours were over. When Faith was standing beside the bed again she kissed him as he eagerly responded with his hands on her face.
“See you in the morning; Karen is letting me give you a ride home if you don’t mind.”
“I hoped that you would want to and I’m sorry I waited so long to get back together with you; I was wrong for waiting.”
“I love you so much, maybe I should have asked you,” she said with a smile she left him for the night.


He lay back and looked at the ceiling when she was gone,  its all about Destiny I made the best choice, he said to himself as he closed his eyes.
He doesn't see Brooke at the door watching him with tears in her eyes.


TBC