Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    AUTHOR’S NOTE- I am envisioning the role of David Bennett being played by actor Dennis Haysbert.

    David Bennett followed Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert off of the rescue boat. He felt a hand on his arm and looked behind him.

    Carol Lockwood touched him, just as her son Tyler, moved past her to follow after Elena and Stefan.  Not many people knew that the reason his marriage to Bonnie’s mother, Sheila, had broken up, was because she had caught David in bed with the Mayor’s wife, whom he had known since highschool, as had Sheila.

    “Let’s just stick to the plan, alright, David?”

    David glanced after Tyler, Elena and Stefan, who were headed into the jungle. The official rescue team was tending to the castaways. He then turned back to Carol.

    “I don’t like this.”

    “I know you don’t,” Carol said, eyeing a man that looked as if he was easing close to them. “But we can’t let vampires wreak havoc on Mystic Falls. You know this. Nudging Bonnie and Tyler together will create an alliance...”

    Giles interrupted, looking at David.

    “You’re Bonnie’s father, are you not?”

    David eyed Giles.

    “I am.”

    “Yet, I notice you seem in no hurry to go to her. You must be aware that she can take care of herself then?”

    David looked at Carol. Carol spoke.

    “He is. Who are you?”

    Giles gave Carol an appraising look.

    “Someone who is only looking after Bonnie’s best interests. Seeing you here makes me think that your husband, the mayor, has plans that include Bonnie. Or is it your son?”

    It was clear to both Carol and David, that this man knew what both Bonnie and Tyler were.

    “Whatever this is about,” David said, “I wouldn’t think of telling anyone.”

    “A few select people know about Bonnie, Mr. Bennett. It could not be helped. At one point, she was our only protection against the many dangers on this island. One of them  being Damon Salvatore.” Giles said. David turned away and swore! He and Carol had hoped Stefan Salvatore had been wrong in thinking that Damon and Bonnie were together!

    “We’re just trying to protect our families.” Carol allowed. “Now, what has happened here?”

    Giles wasn’t telling this woman shit! He had been watching Bonnie and some of the other founding family members in Mystic Falls. The last time he had been there, Giles had been under the impression that Carol Lockwood did not know what her husband and son were.

    And David Bennett thought all of the witch talk coming from Tituba was ridiculous.

    Obviously something had changed.

    “I will try and tell the others to keep quiet about what they know. But there are murders to answer for. Ones that can’t be blamed on this island. Damon Salvatore will have to be dealt with.

    “That’s the plan, Mr...I don’t believe I got your name?” David asked.

    “I didn’t give it.” Giles responded. He then walked towards Lettie Mae, who was eyeing David Bennett. Giles took her arm and steered her towards Julia and Hank. Carol looked at David again.

    “What do you think?”

    “I think he has better sense than to be telling any of the rescue crew about Bonnie. But I hate the idea that Salvatore is on this island with her! I hate this whole plan.”

    Carol touched his face.

    “Tyler is fine with it. He’s always liked Bonnie. But we need to push them together. Between the two of them, they can drive the vampires out of Mystic Falls. And let’s not close the door on our cryptic friend over there. Clearly he’s not a Damon fan. He can be of use.”

    David nodded absently and began looking around.

    “You’re sure letting Tyler, Elena and Stefan find Bonnie, is the right way to go? Why isn’t she here with the others?”

    “Because she’s probably with Salvatore. We’re just going to have to trust that Bonnie has discovered just how powerful a witch she is during this time.” Carol said. But David had other fears. He hoped that vampire fuck hadn’t touched his daughter in anyway!

                                                                              ****

    “So, does this mean you’ll stay with me?” Damon asked. They were both re-dressing. Bonnie was about to say something, when she saw Damon tilt his head and look around.

    “What is it? Is it the smoke monster?” Bonnie asked, looking around as well.

    “No...it sounds like Stefan...Elena and...” Damon trailed off. He couldn’t quite grasp the third voice. It only sounded vaguely familiar.

    “Stefan and Elena are here?! Oh my God! We’ve been rescued!” Bonnie squealed, jumping up and down. Damon suddenly turned to her.

    “What is this going to mean, Bonnie?”

    “It means we’re getting off of this island, Damon! It means I can eat real food again and use a normal bathroom and....what is the matter with you?” Bonnie asked, taking in his unhappiness.

    “What is this going to mean for us?” Damon asked.

    “Nothing.”

    “Meaning?”

    “Meaning, nothing! We’re going to go back to normal.” Bonnie said, feeling very uneasy. What was Damon getting at?

    But she knew. She could see it in his eyes. Damon wanted their relationship to continue beyond this island.

    “So when Stefan and Elena find us, we’re going to pretend as if we’re nothing to each other?” Damon asked.

    “Damon, don’t do this.  We were fighting for our lives here. We got carried away. Let’s just leave what happened here, here.”

    It was at that point,  that Stefan, Elena and Tyler appeared. Bonnie ran to Elena and Tyler, hugging them both! Stefan eased over to Damon.

    “I only suspected you were with Bonnie! Damon, what the hell made you do such a foolish thing? How did you end up on her flight?” Stefan asked. But Damon was not looking at him. He was staring at Bonnie, Elena and Tyler.

    “Why is he here?” Damon asked. Stefan looked over at the trio, puzzled, before looking at his  brother again.

    “Tyler Lockwood? I don’t know. I guess he and Bonnie are close.”

    “Since when?”

    “I don’t know, Damon. Tyler’s mother and Bonnie’s father are here too. Why are the two of you way the hell out here? Why aren’t you with the other castaways?” Stefan asked, looking around for the first time. He could see a makeshift shelter set up and a rock hearth.

    Damon watched as Bonnie and Tyler walked off. Elena hurried up to him and gave him a quick hug.

    “Damon, we were so scared! And at first we thought it was only Bonnie we had to worry about. But when you seemingly disappeared...why were on you the same plane as her?” Elena asked.

    “I was angry. Angry that Bonnie didn’t remove that spell. I guess I just wanted to mess with her a little. I ended up getting on the flight with the sole intention of taking another plane back home. But something went wrong...the plane just fell apart. We landed here and then Bonnie lost her memory...”

    “Whoa!” Elena said, looking at Stefan, who was now looking at Damon oddly, “Bonnie had amnesia?”

    “Had is the word. She just got her memories back.  You don’t want to know what we’ve been through.” Damon said tiredly. Stefan put a hand on his shoulder.

    “I see that. Let’s get back to the rescue boat, okay?”

    “Yeah, about that....I’m going to need your help with a few compulsions.” Damon said casually.

    Stefan ran a hand down his face. Elena’s mouth dropped open!

    “What did you do here? How many people know about you?” Stefan asked.

    “I killed two people. A few others suspected it. I just need for them to forget it.” Damon answered. “I’ll explain everything once we’re off of this damned island.”

    “What do you mean, ‘you killed two people’, Damon? Why?” Elena asked. Damon gave her a hard look.

    “I did what I had to for myself...and Bonnie. There’s some weirdo here that knows Bonnie is a witch and what she can do. Then he began telling other people.”

    Stefan’s eyes widened!

    “Is he one of the people you killed?”

    “No. But he is one of the people we need to compel. Let’s get going.” Damon said, walking off. Elena looked around.

    “Were Damon and Bonnie LIVING out here? Why? Stefan? Stefan?”

    Stefan shook his head.

    “Something is very wrong here. About this set up, about Damon’s story...everything. But I’m going to help him. Like I always do. Let’s get going.” Stefan said, taking her arm. He glanced back and noticed luggage...along with a copy of US Magazine under the shelter. It looked as if Bonnie forgot her luggage.

                                                                       ****

    “Daddy! I can’t believe you’re here!” Bonnie cried as her father held her, then let her go. She smiled wanly at Mrs. Lockwood.

    “Mrs. Lockwood...it was nice of you to come...but why?” Bonnie asked, looking at Tyler. Tyler gave his mother a look, then spoke.

    “I wanted to come, Bonnie, and my mother didn’t want me coming alone. You don’t look any worse for wear.” he said softly. Bonnie smiled at him, then looked at her father.

    “I’m fine...oh...I forgot my luggage! It’s back in the jungle. I have to go get it.”

    “No, dear. We’ll just replace everything, okay?” Carol said coolly. Bonnie looked at her. No one had been talking to her...

    David cleared his throat.

    “Mrs. Lockwood is right, honey. Let’s just buy new things, okay?” he said, just as Lettie Mae ran up to her and embraced her!

    “Honey, thank God! Is this your daddy? Tell him about what that demon did to you...”

    Giles suddenly appeared and pulled Lettie Mae away. Bonnie noted that Julia was staring at her. It was then that she realized that maybe she wouldn’t be able to leave what had happened, behind here.

    “Demon, Bonnie? What was that woman talking about?” David asked, just as Damon, Elena and Stefan appeared. Tyler gave Damon a look, took Bonnie’s arm and walked over to the rescue boat with her. Carol smiled at Damon.

    “Well, well! You’re the last person anyone expected to see here. Just how did you end up on the same flight as Bonnie?” she asked.

    “I like Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to go.” Damon purred. But David didn’t like that smarmy answer! He glared at Damon, before turning away and walking towards the boat. Carol eyed David, before smiling at the trio.

    “Stefan, I’m glad you found your brother in one piece. The authorities are starting to take count of how many people died in the crash, as opposed to those who died from something here on the island.”

    Damon smiled coldly.

    “No one died of anything here on the island. And I’m sure that’s what the authorities will conclude.”

    Carol smiled just as coldly.

    “I’m sure.” she said, then turned to catch up with the others.  Elena looked at the brothers.

    “Did you hear her? She knows something.”

    Stefan rubbed the back of his neck.
    
    “She knows everything, Elena. So does Bonnie’s father. I sense it.” he said.

    “Great! What are we going to do now?” Elena asked. Damon answered,

    “What Stefan and I are going to do, is compel the people that could hurt us, to remember that the people that I killed, died from the crash. They won’t remember that I’m a vampire or that Bonnie is a witch. While we’re doing that, you keep Bonnie occupied.”

    Elena nodded, then hugged Stefan before heading towards the boat. Stefan looked around at the officials that were examining parts of the plane, then moved closer to Damon.

    “Then?” Stefan asked. Damon looked at him.

    “Then what?”

    “Then are you going to tell me what happened between yourself and Bonnie?”

                                                                            ****
    The boat took them to a ship, where in which Damon and Stefan then got to work. They managed to lure Dr. Hank Lawson, Julia McNamera and Lettie Thornton away from the others on the boat, compel them to forget what they knew about Damon and Bonnie AND swear that Matt Parkman, Hurley and Xander Harris were killed in the crash, while Elena kept Bonnie and Tyler busy with talk about Caroline’s recovery.

    Meanwhile, Tyler excused himself and walked over to a corner with his mother.

    “How is it going?” Carol asked through clenched teeth.

    “I ought to be asking you that. I don’t think Dad would much like how you’re all up on Mr. Bennett.”

    “David and I went to highschool together. We let prejudice and other stupid crap come between us. If things had went the way I wanted, Bonnie would be your sister.”

    “Nice image, Mom.”

    “Well, it’s true.” Carol sniffed. “I see Bonnie and Elena are catching up.”

    “It’s a ruse. The Salvatore brothers are using her to keep Bonnie busy. I think they’re off working some kind of mind voodoo on some of the castaways.”

    “Probably to cover up murders. Damon would’ve had to have fed.” Carol murmured, eyeing Bonnie. “Has she said anything about him? Why was she with him instead of the others?”

    “I don’t know. But the it looked as if the two of them were living there.” Tyler said. “Look, when are we going to let Bonnie know what’s going down here?”

    “When we get back. We’ll sit her down and tell her what we told you: that the two of you are free as birds until you finish college. Then you’ll both be expected to return here, marry and combine your powers to protect Mystic Falls from bloodsuckers like the Salvatores. Katherine Pierce is still running wild...Jesus...”

    Tyler took a deep breath.

    “She would be stupid to come back here after what she’s done. But if she does, we’ll be ready for her now, Mom. Both Bonnie and I. Plus I think Stefan Salvatore hates her guts.”

    Carol scoffed!

    “I don’t believe for one minute, that he would be able to kill a woman that looked like Elena, no matter how evil she was.”

    Meanwhile, Giles emerged from a bathroom, only to find Damon and Stefan waiting for him. He smiled bitterly.

    “I’ve been taking vervain, so you can forget it.”

    Stefan folded his arms.

    “We could still kill you.” he said.

    “You could, Mr. Salvatore, but there is no need. I was Bonnie’s grandmother’s friend. My only interest is to make sure that she perfects her craft safely.”

    “And you made it quite clear, that you didn’t think Bonnie would be safe with me.” Damon remarked.

    “You killed three people.”

    “Two. I don’t know what happened to your loser friend.” Damon answered. Giles took a deep breath before speaking.

    “I will be returning to Mystic Falls to ensure you keep away from Bonnie. I suspect I will have help in that endeavor.”

    “What do you mean?” Damon asked. Stefan watched his brother closely. He still had not explained himself about Bonnie, but it was becoming clear to him that Damon would not have to. Damon had Bonnie on the brain. Much like how he used to obsess about Katherine.

    “I mean it is clearly no accident that Carol Lockwood and her son are here. Now, if you will excuse me, I must get back.” Giles said. Damon and Stefan stepped aside and let him pass. Damon looked at Stefan.

    “When I was locked in that basement with the other vamps, Mayor Lockwood was down there too. He’s not a vamp but he’s something else. Now that he’s dead...”

    “Mayor Lockwood isn’t dead, Damon. As a matter of fact, he’s getting a settlement. He had some kind of aneurism or something at that moment, and that is why he dropped to the ground like the vamps.” Stefan said.

    “Are you fucking kidding me? Do you buy that?”

    “No, but then again I didn’t give it much thought, with all that happened afterwards.  What are you thinking?”

    “I’m thinking that the Lockwoods are not human. At least the Mayor isn’t and maybe Lockwood Junior there. With all of this sudden interest in Bonnie...I just have a bad feeling.”

    “Yeah, let’s get to the subject of someone’s ‘sudden interest in Bonnie’. Tell me what’s going on, Damon?”

    Damon did. If Stefan had been living, he knew he would’ve had a heart attack!

    “How does Bonnie feel?” Stefan asked.

    “You’ve seen her. Has she even looked my way? She’d rather die than admit we were intimate. Stefan, I won’t be able to live like that.”

    “Damon, you don’t have a choice! You heard that Giles guy there. The Lockwoods have plans, against us probably. Let it go.”

    “If it was Elena would you ‘let it go’?”

    “Damon, you took advantage of Bonnie when she had amnesia. I mean it’s just not the same thing we’re talking about here.”

    Suddenly, Bonnie appeared from around a corner. She looked at Stefan.

    “Can I speak to Damon alone?”

    Stefan nodded, gave Damon a look, then walked off. Bonnie waited until he was out of sight, before speaking.

    “I just talked to Lettie Mae. She doesn’t remember anything that actually happened and thinks you’re ‘swell’.”

    Damon smiled. Lettie Mae had been the most annoying one of the group.  He threw that in for kicks.

    “I suppose Dr. Lawson, Julia and Giles will think you’re swell too?”

    “Not Giles.” Damon said curtly. “And it had to be done. Now, why do you think Lockwood is all over you suddenly?”

    “Heh? Tyler is a friend. We go way back to grade school.”

    “He’s not what he appears to be, Bonnie. I think he could be dangerous.”

    Bonnie rolled her eyes.

    “Whatever, Damon. Look, you do understand why things have to be the way they are, right?”

    “You mean where you pretend that you don’t know me? Or, we could just be open about our feelings. We could tell your father we’re in love and that he can suck it if he doesn’t like it.”

    “We’re not in love.” Bonnie said.

    “I am.” Damon answered. Bonnie looked down for a bit, then back up at him.

    “I’m sorry. It just wouldn’t work.”

    “Is that your final answer?”

    Bonnie raised a brow.

    “Yes. It is. It has to be.”

    Damon said nothing more to her. He turned and walked away. Bonnie took a deep breath. Nothing would’ve ever happened between them if he hadn’t lied to her. She thought they were married. That was the only reason she let him touch her.

    But what about their last time together? How did Bonnie explain that to herself?

    Stress. That was it. She let Damon touch her out of stress.

    Bonnie rolled her eyes! Not even she believed that! And in the end, what did it matter? Damon was a vampire. He was dangerous and he was a killer. She began to head back to the others, when a loud siren began wailing!

    Bonnie hurried out to the deck, where she saw her father flailing about in the sea! Winds seemed to have come out of nowhere and were rocking the ship! Bonnie didn’t think, she just jumped into the water!

    That was what Damon had hoped would happen, when he shoved David Bennett into the sea.

    He then slipped over to one of the lifeboats and lowered it into the sea. Damon leaped over the side and settled in underwater, moving the boat so that it was near Bonnie and David. Bonnie, seeing a lone boat, managed to get herself into it...

    “DADDY! DADDY, GET IN! DADDY!” Bonnie screamed.

    David Bennett was about to pull himself into the boat, when something grabbed his leg underwater! On his way down, he looked into the eyes of Damon Salvatore, who pushed him so hard, that he floated several feet away, despite the tide!

    David rose to the surface and began screaming! Another rescue boat was dispatched and a small crew made their way over to David’s form. Stefan, from the deck, noted that the other lifeboat that carried Bonnie, seemed to be floating away at a rapid rate of speed...

    No. It wasn’t floating. It was almost rowing itself away.

    Carol Lockwood noticed it!

    “OH MY GOD! SOMEONE HELP BONNIE! BONNIE!”

                                                         ****

    The boat landed on an island. Actually, it was the other side of the island that Bonnie and Damon had just been rescued from. Bonnie slapped Damon three times, once they collapsed onto that sand!

    “How could you do that?! How could you do this?! What is the matter with you?! God, I hate your guts!” Bonnie snapped, standing up and looking around. The plane was where they had left it...

    No. That wasn’t the plane they had been in, was it?

    Damon coughed and wiped sand off of himself. He peered at the plane as well.

    “That’s the other half of the plane.” he said to himself, and began walking towards it. Bonnie just shook her head in disgust. If she had just given him a different answer back on the ship, would they be back here?

    “The other half of the plane?” Bonnie questioned, running to catch up to him. “Other half? I didn’t see the rescue crew leave our part of the island...oh my God...these people were never rescued...oh my God, Damon, how are we going to explain ourselves?”

    “I don’t see anything but the plane. Maybe there are no survivors.” he said.

    “You mean there could be nothing but dead bodies in there? Oh God...”

    “Now, now, little witch! Keep up your strength. We’ll just take a little looksee.”

    “No, Damon! What YOU’RE going to do, is fix this! Get us out of here! How could you do this to me?”

    Damon stopped walking and turned to face her.

    “I love you. I loved the time we spent together here. And I don’t want to leave until we can go back to civilization together, with you not being ashamed to be seen with me.”

    “Damon, this is not about my being ashamed! I don’t love you!”
    
    “You will before we leave this island again.” Damon said, his manner confident, “if you don’t already.”

    Bonnie rolled her eyes! For all of Damon’s cute words, what he had done, stranding them back on this damned island again, had really put them in a trick. For there may very well be no second rescue for them this time around.

    Damon sniffed the air and perked his ears. He could hear people. Good. More people to feed on, while he romanced Bonnie. He reached for her hand and she took it, reluctantly.

    “We’ll tell them that we’re the only survivors from the other half of the plane. We’ll be fine, Bon-Bon. You’ll see.”

    Bonnie said nothing, but squeezed his  hand nervously, as a few tired looking people, emerged from the jungle and stared at them. Here goes nothing, she thought.

    THE END

    AUTHOR’S NOTE: The next installment being worked on, will be titled ‘Lost: The Other Side of the Island’.