Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Matt Parkman, Damon, Hurley and many of the other male passengers from the flight, crept through the jungle to find the creature that had killed Xander Harris.

    They found nothing. At least none of the human ones did.

    Damon smelled some kind of reek that seemed to be quite far off. It was the smell of some kind of wet animal hair. He obviously couldn’t say anything about it, so he decided to just go along with the others that believed that they had failed to turn up anything.

    When they returned to the beach camp, Damon was not surprised to see Bonnie sitting up under their enclosure. But he was a bit put off to see her sitting alone. He glanced around the camp, then joined her.

    “Hey, you! You look 100% better.”

    Bonnie smiled up at him.

    “I feel much better. I guess I was fortunate.”

    Yes, Damon thought, fortunate enough to know a trusty vampire. He sat down next to her. Something was wrong.

    “What is it? Did something happen when we were away?”

    “Did you find the creature?”

    “How do you know about him?”

    Bonnie shrugged.

    “Lettie Mae and Julia told me. I take it you didn’t, did you?”

    “Why don’t you tell me what’s really bothering you?” Damon chided gently. Bonnie’s eyes slid past his and over to where Lettie Mae, Julia, Matt and Dr. Lawson were now standing.

    “Bonnie?” Damon asked again, as his eyes slid over to them as well. Damn! That Lettie Mae woman had said something, hadn’t she?

    Bonnie looked at Damon.

    “People are saying that we’re not really married. I don’t remember you.”

    Damon picked up her hand and held it.

    “You don’t remember ANYONE. But we are man and wife. That ring on your finger proves it.”

    Bonnie nodded, then peeked at his hand.

    “That’s your wedding ring?”

    Damon looked down at his special ring.

    “No. I lost mine in the crash. My luggage also burned up as well. But...I did save your luggage.”

    Bonnie eyed the suitcase that was behind her bedding. She then looked at Damon.

    “Oh. That’s terrible that your luggage is gone. Hopefully we’ll be rescued soon.”

    Not too soon, I hope.

    Bonnie stared at Damon. Had he just said what she thought she heard him say? No. His lips hadn’t moved. Damon could see something else was wrong.

    “Bonnie, talk to me! Otherwise I’ll pull Dr. Lawson over here.”

    “I heard Lettie Mae say something about your being evil. But her lips didn’t move. You said you didn’t want to be rescued soon...and your lips didn’t move either. What’s wrong with me?” Bonnie began to cry. Damon pulled her into an embrace. Her powers were running amok and she didn’t even know she had them. He squeezed her, then let go.

    “You just need some rest, that’s it, okay?”

    Bonnie shook her head and swiped at her eyes.

    “I promised Dr. Lawson I’d help him with the injured.”

    “Uh...why?”

    “I don’t want to seem lazy or anything.”

    “You’re not. You’ve had a head injury. You can’t use spare energy on things like that. But I’ll tell you what? I found a nice pond where we can bathe in private. Bring something to change in to and we can get going.” Damon said, his eyes roaming over her body. Bonnie saw his look and looked away.

    “What is it?” he asked.

    “I would feel funny bathing in front of you.”
    
    “We’re married.”

    “I know you keep saying that, but I don’t remember you.”

    “Does that matter? Do you feel anything for me now?” Damon asked, somewhat curious as to what her answer would be.

    Bonnie shrugged again.

    “No. Not really. But it’s probably the amnesia.” Bonnie said, feeling low when she saw her husband’s face fall briefly.

    “I’m sorry, Damon.” she felt obligated to say. But Damon recovered quickly.

    “It’s fine. Your memories will return. I just hate the fact that you don’t trust me.”

    Bonnie blinked.

    “I trust you.”

    “But you think I might ravish you while we bathe?”

    “I didn’t say that.”

    “But you thought it?” Damon pressed. Bonnie didn’t quite know how to answer him. She was spared from having to do so, by the arrival of Dr. Lawson. He kneeled down in the sand to look at the both of them.

    “Damon...Bonnie. Bonnie, if you’d like to assist me now with the injured here.”

    “No.” Damon responded curtly. Bonnie looked at him.

    “Damon!”

    “Dr. Lawson, will you excuse my wife and myself for a moment?”

    Dr. Lawson kept his expression neutral, but did as Damon asked, by standing up and moving away a bit. Damon looked at Bonnie.

    “Bonnie, you would rather minister to the diseased, then take a bath with me?”

    Bonnie raised a brow.

    “Heh? What does one thing have to do with another?”

    “It has plenty to do with it, Bon-Bon. Instead of taking a cool, nice relaxing dip, with that man you love, you’d rather catch something! I’m hurt AND shaken to the core!”

    “Damon! That is not how it is! I just want to feel useful! I mean we have to help out around here.”

    “I helped out by hunting a creature! I could’ve been killed!”

    Bonnie instantly felt contrite. She slowly reached out and touched his hand.

    “I’m sorry. I’m sorry, okay? How about a compromise? I help Dr. Lawson and then join you later, alright?”

    Damon clenched his jaw, pretending to think about it. No. And he couldn’t deny it any longer in his mind. He wanted sex with Bonnie now. But, knowing that she was already suspicious of his lust, especially in their situation, Damon decided to go along with her compromise.

    “Fine, Bon-Bon. You can run along with Dr. Lawson. Just don’t tire yourself out.”

    Bonnie smiled. Damon had to admit, it was a beautiful sight.

    “Thank you! And I won’t...tire myself out!” Bonnie exclaimed and was about to turn away to tell Dr. Lawson the news, when Damon grabbed her arm.

    “No kiss, Bon-Bon?”

    Bonnie’s face fell.

    “Uh, well...uh...we’re kind of in public, Damon.” Bonnie said, trying to wriggle free. But Damon’s grip was quite strong.

    “Honey, you’re going to hurt my feelings. Just one little kiss.” Damon said, closing his eyes and puckering up. Bonnie looked around. Dr. Lawson was now openly staring at them, as were quite a few of the other castaways. Bonnie cleared her throat, gave Damon a quick peck then tried to move away...

    But Damon’s eyes flew open!

    “Bon-Bon! What the hell was that?”

    “Damon, I did give you a kiss.”

    “I didn’t feel anything!”

    Hank decided to end this. And for the first time he began to feel as if Lettie Mae Thornton might be on to something. He walked over to them and put a hand on Damon’s shoulder.

    “Damon, I could really use Bonnie’s help.”

    Damon realized that everyone was watching. He let go of Bonnie.

    “Of course. See you later, honey.”

    Bonnie nodded and Hank lead her away. Hurley eased over to Damon.

    “Dude, what the hell was that?”

    “What the hell was what?” Damon asked, sitting down in the shelter. He picked up the US Magazine that he had read like 4 times now, and began re-reading.

    “Your wife doesn’t remember her feelings for you. I mean I don’t think she wanted to kiss you at all.”

    Damon put down the magazine and stared at Hurley.

    “What is it you’re trying to say, Hurley?”

    “I’m saying you don’t need to jump your wife’s bones while she’s in that condition. I mean she doesn’t remember you and...”

    Damon stared at Hurley hard and began to compel him.

    “You didn’t see anything just now.”

    “I didn’t see anything just now.” Hurley repeated.

    “Go away.” Damon told him.

    Hurley blinked.

    “Dude, I’m going to go hunt up some food. Catch you later.”

    “Hmmm.” was all Damon said to that. He peered around the beach. Julia was looking at him oddly as well. He stood up and noticed two women that were about to walk off into the jungle. He hurried to catch up to them, telling them that they should not be going off alone, especially with that creature on the loose.

    As soon as Damon left with the women, Lettie Mae eased over to Julia.

    “Do you see what I mean NOW?”

    Julia sighed. She had been trying to rinse out a piece of clothing, by the water, when the ‘altercation’ had occurred.  She put down her shirt and faced Lettie Mae.

    “Let’s search Bonnie’s luggage.  Maybe we can find something in there that can confirm whether those two are married or not.”

    Lettie Mae looked at Julia with surprise.

    “You believe me?”

    “I think something is going on. I need Hank to keep Bonnie busy so that I can look through her luggage.”

    “I’ll do that. They’re off caring for that poor man over yonder.” Lettie Mae said. She then walked over to the shelter, where Bonnie and Dr. Lawson were caring for the now feverish passenger. Bonnie was bathing his face with cold rags, while Dr. Lawson tended to a wound.

    “Hey. How’s he feeling?” Lettie Mae said, sitting on the sand next to Bonnie, so that she could not see Julia going through her and Damon’s shelter.

    “It’s still touch and go.” Hank answered, looking up. HE did see Julia going through Bonnie’s suitcase and gave her a questioning look. Lettie Mae put a finger to her lips and motioned for Hank to join her out of Bonnie’s hearing. Hank saw Julia had an envelope with her, and was now motioning Lettie Mae and him,  away from Bonnie.

    “Bonnie,” Dr. Lawson said, “just keep bathing him in cold water. I’ll be back.”

    Bonnie just nodded and continued doing what Dr. Lawson had asked. What would this poor man think when he awoke and found his friend had been killed?

    Suddenly, the man’s eyes opened and he stared at her in confusion.

    “You’re...you’re....the witch...witch...”

    Bonnie dropped the rag. What? Had he called her a witch? What was up with that?

    Meanwhile, Julia, Matt, Hank and Lettie Mae gathered to look at what Julia had found in Bonnie suitcase. It was the report card she had planned to show her mother from Mystic Falls Highschool.