Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When the sun came up and Matt Parkman saw that Hurley didn’t return to camp, for the first time, he began to secretly worry that Mr. Giles might be right.

    Yes, he had stated the night before, that if Hurley did not return, he would assume he was killed by whatever killed Xander Harris and attacked those female castaways. Matt realized what he really wanted to know, was if both Hurley AND Bonnie had perished? After all, he had left with her yesterday.

    No. If something had happened to Bonnie, Damon would’ve returned here looking for help. Or would he? He had found her the other time before in the jungle himself. Maybe he had done so again? Maybe he had went looking for her himself?

    That is, if that’s what happened.

    But if something happened to Hurley on his way back here...

    Matt walked over to Hank Lawson, who was bandaging up a passenger, before sending them on their way. Hank glanced at him.

    “What’s up?” he asked Matt, as he took stock of their dwindling medical supplies.

    “Julia and Mr. Giles are going to search for Bonnie and Damon’s new camp?”

    “Yeah. That’s what they said last night.” Hank answered.

    “I think we ought to drop this. I mean let’s concentrate on finding Hurley. It just occurred to me that maybe this isn’t an ‘either/or’ situation.”

    “Meaning?” Hank asked.

    “Meaning, maybe Hurley got to the camp, dropped off the fish and on his way back here, got into an accident or something. Maybe he’s alive but needs help.”

    Hank closed a small pencil box that had contained Neosporin and a few bandages.

    “Matt, believe me, I want to believe Hurley is out there too. It was really disheartening to wake up and not see him here.”

    “Okay, so you agree with me?”

    Hank shrugged.

    “Yes...and no.”

    “What does that mean?”

    “It means that my mind keeps going back to when Bonnie and Damon were actually living on his beach with us. I mean, I think more than a few of us sensed that something was wrong.”

    “With their relationship, Hank, not with them as individuals! I mean what Giles over there is implying...” Matt trailed off. He did come from a world where people could do things, that many on this island would never believe. Maybe he should take what Giles was saying seriously?

    “What?” Hank asked him.

    “Nothing. I think maybe I should go along with them. I mean Bonnie lead Hurley to her new site. We now have no way of knowing where Bonnie and Damon are. And Giles and Julia hardly look as if they know anything about tracking down someone in a jungle.”

    “And you do?” Hank asked wryly. Matt shrugged.

    “I think they’ll need all the help they can get.” he said, then left Hank to walk over to Giles and Julia. He noted that Giles packed away a wooden stake in his knapsack. Matt lifted a brow.

    “I thought you two were just going to see how Bonnie was?”

    Julia pursed her lips. Giles spoke.

    “I know how she is. Bonnie Bennett left Mystic Falls to go to Hawaii to see her mother. Damon Salvatore followed her onto the plane, after she didn’t put a spell on a device that would’ve kept him from being killed. That alone tells me that Bonnie’s head is on straight. The plane crashes and due to a head injury, Bonnie is left without her memories...those being that Damon is a vampire, that he inadvertently caused her grandmother’s death and that she herself has the power to stop him. There is no telling what has happened between them. Things that would not have taken place if Bonnie Bennett, knew that she was indeed, Bonnie Bennett. This can not go on.” Giles said coolly.

    Julia took a deep breath.

    “I believe Rupert. Damon needs to feed. He’s probably seeing all of as possible meals. We have to stop him.”

    Matt folded his arms.

    “What’s the plan?”

    Lettie Mae eased over to listen in.

    “I will distract Damon. Giles will drug Bonnie and get her back here.” Julia explained.

    Matt squinted at her.

    “Distract him? How do you get out of there? He’s just going to come back here to retrieve Bonnie.”

    “Not if I can get his ring off.” Julia said firmly.

    “How?” Matt asked. But Lettie Mae gave Julia a hard look. She knew EXACTLY what the woman was planning! She coughed!

    “Can I see you over here, Julia?” Lettie Mae asked, motioning her over to a spot near the water. Julia reluctantly followed her over there.

    “You plan on seducing that demon, don’t you?” Lettie Mae asked in a no-nonsense tone.

    “I would rather not talk about it.” Julia said.

    “I know you wouldn’t! Because you’ll go to hell, you know that, don’t you?”

    “I can’t think about that right now! Do you want to become a Happy Meal for a vampire? Either I fuck the hell out of him, and while doing so, slip the ring off of his finger, or...”

    “Or? What if he figures out what you’re up to?”

    Julia looked down.

    “Then I won’t be coming back.”

    “Like Hurley.” Lettie Mae said.

    “Like Hurley.” Julia agreed.

    Meanwhile, Matt ripped Giles a new one!

    “I’m not stupid! You plan to let Julia offer herself to a vampire?! And what if he isn’t one? What if he’s just some killer? Either way, you’re putting the brunt of the work on her, while you just drug Bonnie and carry her back here.”

    “I wish there was some other way, but there isn’t.” Giles said.

    “There is always another way. I’m going with you.”

    “To do what, Mr. Parkman? Julia has said that Salvatore is attracted to her...”

    “Or he’s pretending to be.”

    “Salvatore needs to be distracted in a way, where in which he will not notice Bonnie’s absence, nor will he notice when Julia slips the ring off of his finger.” Giles argued.

    “And Julia will need back up if JULIA fails to do that. Give me that stake in your backpack. I’ll hide while Julia attempts to seduce Damon. If he gets wise, I’ll stake him.”

    Giles didn’t like the idea. He didn’t know if Matt would be able to stay undetected from Damon Salvatore. But he supposed it couldn’t hurt. He reached into his knapsack to get the stake and handed it to Matt.

    “We should get going.” he said.

                                                                    ****

    Damon awoke and looked over at Bonnie, who’s back to him. He sensed she was awake and moved to kiss her bare shoulder. They were both naked on the pallet that served as their bed in the shelter.

    Bonnie sat up and looked at him. Damon could see something was troubling her.

    “What is it?” he asked, propping up on one elbow.

    “I had a dream about you. And it wasn’t good!”

    Damon sighed.

    “We’ve been in a plane crash, Bonnie. We’ve all been traumatized.”

    “I had a dream you tried to rip my throat open! Why would I dream that? And your face was kind of messed up.”

    Damon kept his expression neutral. Bonnie had not had a ‘dream’.

    She had just remembered something. And he knew which ‘something’ she was talking about...

    “Bonnie, it was just a dream. Let’s just lie back down, okay?”

    Bonnie hugged her knees to  her chest and now Damon sat up as well.

    “Something else is bothering you? Talk to me.” he said, brushing some of her hair aside. She looked at him, then reached back into her luggage. At first, Damon thought she might have found Rupert Giles’s wallet and that witch yearbook he had hidden in that compartment.

    But what Bonnie removed were birth control pills. Damon raised a brow.

    “What?” he asked.

    “Damon...I didn’t take these yesterday, on purpose. And when I made love to you last night, I was GLAD I hadn’t taken them. We couldn’t raise a child here.”

    Damon’s eyes grew huge! He was now sitting upright.

    “Well...uh...no...this isn’t ‘The Blue Lagoon’.”

    Bonnie looked confused.

    “What’s ‘The Blue Lagoon’?”

    “Nothing, just a pop culture reference. Bonnie...I...uh....I don’t think you have to worry about getting pregnant. At least not with me.”

    “Why? Are you sterile?” Bonnie asked, looking him over.

    “No!” Damon huffed, though technically, by being dead, he was. “I just... this has happened before and it’s always been alright. Bonnie....I love the fact that you want to have my child! Where did this come from?” he asked softly, reaching to brush some of her hair aside again.

    “I don’t know. I just can’t help but feel that we’re never leaving here. And that if we’re not leaving, then we should think about what will happen when those pills run out. And...I know this is stupid, because it wouldn’t be right to raise a baby here but...but...I kind of like the idea of it.”

    Damon just stared at her. He found himself realizing that he liked the idea of it too. He wrapped his arms around her.

    “Let’s not think about that right now, okay? Whatever happens will happen.” Damon said softly. Bonnie nodded against him, not realizing that Damon’s mind was racing with thoughts. It had never occurred to him that they might NEVER be found. If that turned out to be the case, there would be no way he could survive without eating everyone. And even when he had feasted on everyone....he might have to feed on Bonnie as well....God no...

                                                                    ****

    Giles, Julia and Matt trekked through the jungle, and after a half an hour, all three regretted doing so.

    Giles had been so focused on vampires, that he had failed to consider the dangers of the jungle.

    Matt was already overheated, and he knew his container of water wouldn’t last much longer.

    Julia has slapped a big ass spider off of her, and was constantly on the watch for anything else that crawled.

    Giles had been about to suggest turning back, before they got lost themselves, when Matt pointed upward.

    “Holy shit!” he cried out. Up high, was a dead polar bear, staked to a tree! How in the hell did that happen?

    “What is a polar bear doing on this island?” Giles asked, peering at it. Matt looked around frantically, while Julia felt nauseous.

    “There is no way Hurley survived this! For all we know he and Bonnie never made it  to her and Damon’s camp!” she rasped, reaching for her water.

    Giles tore his eyes away from the staked bear, to listen in on something. It was the faint sound of a waterfall.

    “I hear running water. Let’s at least get to it. Then, I do believe we should turn back and return to the crash site. We can try again tomorrow to find the Salvatore camp.” he suggested. Matt and Julia nodded and followed him.

    Meanwhile, Damon and Bonnie were making love behind the waterfall, unaware that their camp was about to be discovered. Her fingers were entwined in Damon’s hair, while her legs were locked around his waist. She grounded and hammered her hips rhythmically against Damon’s well defined ones. His cock pumped powerful, driving upperthrusts into her willing recesses over and over and over again, with his hands in firm control of her buttocks. Bonnie softly wailed with joy while Damon grunted with earthy satisfaction.

    Then Damon sensed something....

    He turned his head slightly, to peer through the falls and saw Julia McNamara, Matt Parkman and that Giles fuck, wander into their camp! Damon stopped moving and Bonnie, who was now gripping his shoulders, looked at him.

    “What is it?” she asked breathlessly. Bonnie was actually facing the waterfall, and saw what Damon did!

    “Oh my God! Oh my God, Damon! We have no clothes on! What are we going to do?”

    Damon looked from the intruders to smile at Bonnie.

    “You’re a prissy little witch, aren’t you?”

    “We can’t greet them like this! Let’s just stay here and hope they go away.” Bonnie whispered. Damon reluctantly lifted her off of him and gently set her down.

    “Hurley probably sent them. I’ll go down and greet them.”

    “Damon, no! They’ll know that I’m up here! Let’s just wait for them to go away.”

    Damon rested his hands on her waist.

    “Then why don’t you do something, my love, to get rid of them.”

    Bonnie looked confused.

    “Do something like what?”

    “You staked a polar bear and saved me from that smoke monster. If you don’t want to be seen naked, then get rid of them.” Damon said in a sing song voice. “Otherwise...”

    “Okay, okay.” Bonnie groused. Just as she was thinking of something, that smoke monster reappeared! It grabbed Matt Parkman and dragged him off! Giles ran after it!

    Bonnie jumped off of the waterfall ledge, now not caring about being naked! She would chase after it and save Matt and Giles, the same way she had saved Damon! Julia was too shocked too move! She scarcely noticed Bonnie whip past her, put on a pair of shorts and a bikini top, then haul ass out into the jungle!

    Damon calmly dived into the water and managed to come to shore, just as Julia came to herself. Julia jumped when she saw him...naked...and dripping with water.

    “Hello, Damon. You look well.” she said calmly. Her eyes went to the ring on his hand. Did she still bother to try and get it? It would seem that that...that...that THING that took off with Matt, was a bigger worry...

    Damon walked over to her.

    “So, Julia, what brings you by?”

    Julia shook off her attraction to him.

    “Damon, did you just see what happened? How can you be so calm?”

    “I think you know how.” Damon said and began to compel her.

    “Why are you here?”

    “Giles wants to get Bonnie away from you.”

    “And how do you plan to do that?”

    “Seduce you...take your ring.”

    Damon grinned! Julia came back to herself and stared at him.

    “What did you just do to me?” she asked, feeling affronted. Damon grabbed her face and bit into her neck, ignoring her wailing and flailing about! It was torture pretending to eat human food with Bonnie! And it was impossible to slip away to find someone to feed on! Julia had been a welcome surprise!

    After he had had his fill, he compelled her to forget it ever happened.

    “Find your own way back to the crash site.” he told her, licking excess blood from around his mouth.

    “I’ll find my way back to the crash site.” she said, turning and walking off into the jungle. Damon sighed, put on some pants and went about finding Bonnie and the others.

                                                                        ****

    The smoke monster, was about to drag a screaming Matt down some hole, when Giles yelled at it to stop!

    It did stop.

    But Giles realized it wasn’t because of his words.

    He turned to find Bonnie staring it down. The smoke monster released it’s hold on Matt and disappeared into the hole. Giles and Bonnie ran to Matt to help him up!

    “Jesus! Jesus! What the hell was that thing?!” Matt yelled. Bonnie held onto his arm.

    “Damon and I ran into it the other day. I don’t know what it is.”

    Matt stared at her.

    “It didn’t kill me because of you, right? Because of your witchcraft.”

    Bonnie’s eyes widened!

    “How did you know that?” Bonnie asked, just as Giles took out a chloroformed soaked rag, and pressed it against her mouth. Bonnie flailed for a few seconds, then dropped, limp. Matt reached for her and picked her up!

    “Giles, Julia is still back at that camp with Salvatore! And where the hell is Hurley?! That creature...do you think it got to him?!”

    “Take her back to the crash site. I will deal with Damon Salvatore.” Giles told him, not answering his question about Hurley. He watched as Matt carried Bonnie off, then took a deep breath and walked in the direction that he heard the waterfall. He prayed that Julia McNamara was still alive. It was as he was walking, that he remembered that Matt Parkman had the stake he had made, in his backpack. Giles would be facing Damon without a weapon.