Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Sookie had called Bill on his cellphone, and he arrived at Merlotte’s that night with Jessica Hamby and Jessica’s boyfriend, Hoyt Fortenberry. Sookie wondered why Bill had brought them and soon found out, when she took a break and joined them in a booth.

    Bill gave Jessica, who was deemed a ‘baby vampire’, a sharp look.

    “Please tell Sookie, what you told me.”

    Jessica sighed loudly!

    “God! It’s no big deal!”

    Hoyt tried to run interference.

    “Bill, come on! You said you wanted her to find a job. She found one.”

    “I will thank you to stay out of this.” Bill said, addressing Hoyt but still looking at Jessica. Jessica rolled her eyes and looked at Sookie.

    “I think, I might actually work for this vampire Bill and you are looking for.”

    Sookie looked at Bill, then at Jessica.

    “The one Tara is seeing?”

    “Yeah.”

    “How do you know it’s him?” Sookie asked.

    “Well,  he has a picture of her on his desk.”

    Hoyt  nodded.

    “That’s true. I saw it and kind of wondered if Tara gave it to him.” he said. Sookie’s mouth dropped open slightly.

    “Tara is acting as if this guy is no big deal to her. And now I find out he has a picture?”

    “He could have stolen it.” Hoyt suggested. Sookie looked at Jessica.

    “This vampire has a picture of Tara, but you’ve never seen Tara with him, have you?”

    Jessica shook her head.

    “Nope!”

    Sookie looked at Bill again.

    “Then what makes you think this is the guy?” she asked him. Bill gave Jessica and Hoyt another reproving look. Jessica snapped!

    “Jesus Christy! I’m sorry! How was I supposed to know that he was working for a bad guy? You told me to get a job and Mr. Mott offered me one!”

    “Jessica, honey,” Hoyt said, “Mr. Compton is just worried about you. And so am I. I mean your boss was hired to dig up dirt on Mr. Compton here.”

    “What?!” Sookie asked. “Will someone tell me what’s going on? Otherwise I’m reading everyone’s minds!”

    Jessica looked at Hoyt.

    “We’re sitting at another booth! Come on!”

    Hoyt said goodbye to Sookie, then got up with Jessica and went to another table. Bill finally gave his fiancee his full attention.

    “I found out, from Eric of all people, that Russell Eddington had hired a P.I. to investigate you and I. I cannot imagine what he needs to learn about either of us, that he doesn’t already know. But I was also told the name of this private investigator. His name is Franklin Mott.”

    Sookie squinted at him.

    “Why has he set up a practice here though? I mean if he all he needs to do is dig up dirt on the both of us, then he wouldn’t need to open a business and hire people.”

    “Sookie, I think he’s decided to stay. Probably because of Tara. I fear that your friend is in over her head.”

    “Do you know something about him? Tara seems to be trying to keep away from him. I read her mind though. She is involved with him...willingly. Bill, Tara is covering for him. This Franklin helped her beat up two guys and Tara isn’t saying anything about him. She’s been at the police station for hours.” she said.

    Sam walked over and sat down, uninvited.

    “Bill.”

    “Sam.” Bill replied coolly.

    “Well, have you heard anything about Tara or this vamp? We’re hoping he comes in tonight. Maybe we can convince him to help her out of this jam she’s in.” Sam said.

    Bill looked from Sookie to Sam.

    “I believe this vampire has no intention of allowing Tara to slip from his grasp. I doubt very much she will be in trouble for  long.”

    Sam raised a brow.

    “So you know who this is?”

    Bill did not answer. Sookie cleared her throat and spoke.

    “Bill thinks he’s a detective that was hired to dig up dirt on the both of us.”

    Sam still looked confused.

    “Okay....so what’s Tara got to do with this?”

    “I suspect,” Bill said, “that she was unexpected.”

    “I don’t follow.” Sam said.

    “I mean he’s beginning to put down roots here. He clearly has a future in mind. Not only when it comes to living in Bon Temps, but maybe with Tara as well.”

    Sookie leaned back in her chair.

    “I still don’t get Tara. I mean she is just so...so...”

    “Against vampires and humans copulating?” Bill asked. Sam shook his head.

    “She was. With what happened to Eggs she’s vulnerable. That’s what I don’t like. And clearly this vamp  means her no good, if he’d let her take the blame for this crime she’s been accused of.” Sam huffed.

    Just then, Jason walked in. Sam nodded to Sookie and she turned around. Jumping up, she hurried over to him.

    “Jason, did you take Tara home?”

    Jason shook his head with disgust and sat at the bar. Bill and Sam got up and walked over to them.

    “Jason,” Sam asked, “where’s Tara?”

    “Not in jail! And she’d probably be safer there!” Jason snorted again. “Some goddamned vamp, no offense Bill, posted her bail and took off with her! He must have tricked her into having sex with him, right? Bill, you vamps can do that kind of shit, right?”

    Sookie smiled at Bill. Bill smiled back at her, gently, before answering.

    “I did not have to glamour your sister, Jason.”

    “Well, Tara ain’t Sookie, no offense, Sookie. Damn! And Buck and Cletus were pissed when they found out.” Jason revealed. Sam peered at him.

    “Pissed enough to go after Tara?”

    Jason suddenly looked as if he never considered that to be a possibility. He looked at the three of them.

    “I don’t know. But she’s with that vamp, so I’m sure he’ll protect her.”

    “What was this vampire’s name?” Bill asked. “Was it Franklin Mott?”

    “Yep!” Jason said, picking up a bottle of beer that Sam had handed him. “That was the fucker’s name indeed.”

                                                            ****

    Tara felt rage boil up inside of her, as she stared at Eggs’s desecrated grave marker. ‘Nigger Killer’ was spray painted in red, but ‘Nigger’, was spelled ‘Niger’. She would come back tomorrow and clean that shit off of his grave. And she would keep coming back until whoever was doing this, knew that they couldn’t fuck with Eggs--or her.

    She sensed Franklin’s presence behind her, but said nothing. His hands gently rested on the back of her shoulders.

    “Tara, leave this behind and come home with me. Why do you insist on reveling in pain?”

    Tara turned to face him.

    “Why do you insist on knowing why I revel in pain?”

    “Let me take away your suffering.” Franklin said quietly. Tara turned away from him again. Franklin had hinted very strongly a few times, usually in the afterglow of a torrid lovemaking session, that he would love to turn her. Tara wondered if he got that idea, because of what she told him about trying to kill herself?

    “Is it really Eggs or is there someone else, Tara?” Franklin asked.

    “What IT is, is that you’re a nosy ass! We barely know each other! And you’re asking questions that are none of your damned business.”

    Franklin’s eyes narrowed.

    “You knew Eggs Talley for about as long as you’ve known me. I think there is much more as to why you won’t open yourself up to me, then you’re letting on! I think there is someone else and I’ve already deduced that it isn’t that imbecile Stackhouse. So who is it?”

    Tara was about to say something to him that had the word ‘fuck’ in it, when she noted two men entering the graveyard. Franklin sensed them and turned around.

    They were vampires.

    Franklin turned back around to face Tara.

    “Those two vamps are going to want to share you. You are to tell them that you belong to me.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “No, I don’t think so.”

    “Do it if you want to live!” Franklin snapped. Tara looked from him, to the vamps, who’s eyes were now solely on her. She moved closer to Franklin.

    “Hey!” one of the vamps called out casually, tearing his eyes off of Tara to look at Franklin. “Whatcha got there?”

    Franklin squeezed Tara’s arm. Tara spoke.

    “Uh, I belong to him. I’m his.”

    The other vamp peered at her, then at Franklin. He then nodded to the other vamp and they moved off elsewhere into the graveyard. Tara’s eyes followed them until they disappeared from view, then she turned back to Franklin.

    “Holy shit! They bought that! There’s no telling what would’ve happened if you hadn’t been here!” Tara exclaimed. Franklin reached out and turned her face back towards him.

    “They bought it because it’s true, isn’t it? You’re mine. You belong to me. Say it...say it to me.” Franklin moaned against her mouth, before pressing his lips against hers.  Tara started to wrap her arms around him, but her mind would not let her forget where they were. She pulled away from him slightly.

    “Not here! Not...”

    Franklin nodded against her.

    “Here. It will be the perfect goodbye. Tell me you’re mine.” he whispered. before using vampire speed to remove his clothing and hers. The lovers then fell to the ground in front of the grave of Eggs Benedict Talley.

                                                                            ****

    Jason was annoyed to be called to the scene of a murder, having just left Merlotte’s. A pretty damned gross one at that!

    A man named Bethune Tuttleton had been ripped apart, in what looked to be a home invasion. The place had clearly been ransacked.

    But Andy Bellefleur knew more.

    Jason grimaced at the body, before Coroner, Mike Spencer, covered it up. Andy pulled Jason aside.

    “This house look familiar to you?”

    Jason stared at him.

    “You’re asking me?”

    “Yeah! I’m asking you if this house, which is a fucking mansion, looks familiar to you?”

    “No. Should it?”

    Andy looked around, then lowered his voice.

    “I was out here one time. That succubus bitch lived here....Maryann Forrester.”

    Jason’s mouth dropped open!

    “Holy shit! So who is this dead guy?”

    “The actual owner of this house! And those wounds look as if some animal tore him apart.” Andy said, felling his stomach churn with dread.

    “Holy shit!” Jason said again. “Well what are you thinking?”

    “We don’t know that this Mr. Tuttleton wasn’t involved in that kinky, devil shit that Maryann was in to. But we have to be damned careful about this, Jason. Its best that people have forgotten all of that shit.”

    Jason nodded. And it was still best that everyone thought that Andy had killed Eggs.  Mike Spencer joined them.

    “I’m going to take the body in. Andy, could I speak to you a moment?”

    Andy nodded and told Jason to begin a canvas of the area. Jason walked off without comment. Andy turned back to Mike.

    “Yeah, Mike, what can I do you for?”

    Mike’s eyes shifted around, before speaking.

    “You’re thinking about how Eggs Talley used to live here, right?”

    Andy peered at him.

    “Uh, no. Are you?”

    Mike nodded.

    “Why?” Andy asked, looking him over. Mike grabbed his arm and moved him over  next to a fireplace.

    “I know I should’ve said something, but I’ve had so many gaps in my memory and well...you know...”

    “Yeah, I do. What’s going on?” Andy asked, feeling uneasy.

    “Andy, you knew that Sookie Stackhouse paid for Eggs’s funeral arrangements, right?”

    “I think I heard something along those lines, yeah.”

    “And you know that Eggs had no people. Sookie and Tara were the only attendees at his service.”

    “What’s your point, Mike?”

    Mike folded his arms.

    “Andy, I don’t know how to say this except to just say it: that casket was empty.”

    Andy’s mouth dropped open!

    “What the fuck are you saying, Mike?! What the fuck?!”

    “Andy, the body of Eggs Talley disappeared off of my table that same night! I don’t know if someone took it or...I don’t know! But his body is gone and now this shit! It might not be connected, but I felt you had to know. What are we going to do?” Mike asked. Andy rubbed his temples. The first thing that needed to be ascertained, was whether Eggs’s body had been stolen, or if Eggs Talley himself, somehow, some way, had gotten up off of that M.E.’s table himself.

                                                                             ****

    “I could end up on Youtube!” Tara thought with some slight despair. But it was despair at not caring at that moment in time. And she should.

    For right now, she was on all fours, facing Eggs’s grave and moaning with an abandon that couldn’t be natural. Franklin’s cock was like a magic wand as he filled her inner recesses with energy and dizzied her senses. Her breasts slapped against the headstone softly.

    Franklin, who’s powerful hands now held Tara’s hips in a steadying grip, continued to pump her seamlessly....only....he was looking at the werewolf, that now sat a few feet away from them. Tara was staring directly at the grave marker and did not see it, which was probably best.

    But Franklin continued his rhythm and stared into the wolf’s eyes. This creature was not here to kill them...though he wanted to...

    No. He wanted to kill HIM. But not Tara. It didn’t want to kill them both. Why?

    The werewolf bared it’s teeth, looking directly at Franklin. He emitted a low growl.

    Tara, who was used to Frank’s vampire growls, assumed it was him and thought nothing of it. Franklin did not break eye contact with the wolf, not even when his cock burst forth furiously to flood Tara with his creamy essence. The werewolf slowly backed away and disappeared into the darkness. Franklin’s eyes, still rooted on the spot the beast had sat in, loosened his hold on Tara’s hips and leaned forward on her back. Franklin reached around to cup her breasts within in his hands and finding her nipples, he pinched and pulled at them gently.

    “That’s it, my sweet! You’ve said your goodbyes! There is nothing to hold us back now!” he whispered hotly against her ear. But Franklin could not help but think that maybe he had been on the wrong path, when it came to finding the man that was keeping Tara from giving herself to him fully. Was it possible that she had been involved with a werewolf and had not known it?

    He intended to find out.  For it was very clear that if he ever did have cause to run across the wolf again, and Tara was not on his midst, the creature would certainly attempt to kill him.

    Meanwhile, the werwolf disappeared into a thicket of trees, before re-merging as his naked, human form. That being of the supposed, deceased Eggs Talley.