Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Alcide Herveaux threw a bucket of water on Eggs Talley’s nude body. He was sprawled out on Alcide’s front porch. Eggs coughed, then sputtered, looking around. He locked eyes with Alcide and began to get up.

    “Hey, man...what did you do that for?” he mumbled. Alcide reached for the Bon Temps Gazette and flung it at him!

    “A man was killed in that house you lived in with that succubus heifer! Now here you are butt naked on the porch! You killed that man, didn’t you?”

    Eggs licked his lips. Alcide had been good to him since...well, the truth was he wasn’t entirely sure of a lot that happened. He just knew that before he confronted Andy Bellefleur and tried to confess to murder, he was bitten by what he thought was a rabid dog.

    Eggs had seen the animal limping in the road, before he made the turn off to Merlotte’s. Knowing that he was going to confess and send himself to prison for probably life, Eggs had figured that he could do one small, kind thing to make up for the unintentional hurt he had caused.

    But the damned animal had bitten him when he had tried to help. And Eggs remembered that as the the dog had run off, it didn’t appear to be limping any longer. The bite barely hurt, so Eggs got back into his car and continued to Merlotte’s.

    Then someone shot him.

    Then he awoke on the autopsy table. Scared out of his fucking mind, Eggs hauled ass out of Mike Spencer’s office, while Mike was on the phone and ran off into the night. He ran through endless woods, until finally, he ran into what he KNEW was a wolf.

    The thing charged him and Eggs remembered his whole body suddenly shifting out of place. He fought the wolf, who was Alcide.

    Alcide whipped his ass, but recognizing a newbie werewolf, took him to his place, gave him a job in his new, fledgling car repair shop that was located on just the other side of the Bon Temps town line. He tried to teach him the ropes of being a civilized werewolf. Alcide knew who Eggs was and honestly, while he liked him, he thought he would be better off leaving the state. After all, Eggs was the killer who had been stopped by the new police chief. It was just a matter of time before someone recognized him.

    Alcide took the precaution at the repair shop, of making Eggs wear an eye-patch. But this newest murder didn’t help things worth shit!

    “Cut me some slack, Alcide, okay? Can I get some Captain Crunch or something this morning?” Eggs moaned and opened the screen door to walk into the house. Alcide followed behind him, picked up some clothes off of the couch and tossed them to him.

    “Get dressed and start talking! What happened last night?” Alcide asked in a no nonsense tone. “And don’t give me that ‘I don’t remember shit’. You ain’t the Incredible Hulk here. As a werewolf, you remember every goddamned thing you do.”

    Eggs slowly dressed, then shuffled into the kitchen to get a cereal bowl. He began talking as he looked for a spoon.

    “I was depressed over Tara.  Something drew me back to the house where we spent the most time in. The new owner must have put in a burglar alarm.”

    “You went in?!”

    “Yeah!” Eggs answered, as if that was a natural thing to do. “Anyway, the new owner found me and recognized me. I got scared.”

    Alcide grunted.

    “Well, I guess you had no choice since he recognized you. But damn, Eggs, you’re going to have to lay low.”

    Eggs poured some Captain Crunch into the bowl and shook his head.

    “I can’t, man. I saw Tara last night.”

    Alcide’s eyes widened.

    “You saw her? She saw you?”

    “Naw. I was in my werewolf form...Alcide...she’s fucking a vampire! She was fucking him on my goddamned grave, man! I feel like changing right now and beating his monkey ass!” Eggs began to moan, crunching the cereal. Alcide put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

    “That’s fucked up, man. I’m sorry. Are you sure it was your grave?” Alcide asked.

    “Yeah....and I didn’t think Tara liked vamps. I mean she was always talking about how she couldn’t understand what the fuck Sookie was doing with Vampire Bill.”

    At the sound of that name, Alcide grunted.

    “Sorry, bro. I know you kind of liked Sookie.” Eggs said.

    “She prefers the vamps...for now.” Alcide answered. Eggs gave him a curious look, but declined to say anything more about that matter. He set his spoon down.

    “Tara wouldn’t be with this fucker if she knew I was alive. And I think he forced himself on her on my grave.”

    Alcide raised a brow.

    “Did it look like he was forcing himself on her? Was she fighting or crying or screaming?”

    “I don’t know...I was more looking at that vampire mutherfucker.  He looked me straight in the eye almost as if....as if he knew I was something to Tara. I can’t stand this shit! I have to see her right now!”

    “Whoa!” Alcide said, putting a hand on his chest. “You have to remember your situation here. Now, why don’t you let me try and find out what Sookie knows, without letting on that you’re alive, okay?”

    Eggs nodded.

    “Alright. I guess I can at least wait to find out what Sookie knows.”

                                                                     ****

    The next morning for Tara, almost began like the one from the day before.

    She walked down the stairs of Sookie’s house, feeling refreshed again, after spending most of the night with Franklin. She let him take her to his new office, where in which he had an upstairs apartment. He had fashioned the place with special shades that kept out sunlight. He drove her home shortly before he became endangered by the sun’s rays.

    On little sleep and not caring, Tara planned to eat breakfast and get over to Sam’s. He would be pissed that she hadn’t come in to work the other night. She would cover a few shifts just to make it up to him.

    But when she got to the kitchen, Sookie sat in a chair, with her arms folded in a no-nonsense fashion.

    “Hey, Sook! How’s Bill?”

    Sookie raised a brow.

    “You almost never ask how he is. Why is that?”

    Tara walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out some milk. She then walked over to a cabinet and took out a cereal bowl. She then looked towards an area where a few cereal boxes stood.

    Eggs had loved Captain Crunch.

    Sookie took note that on this morning, Tara bypassed the Captain Crunch box and picked Count Chocula cereal! When Tara had everything ready, she sat down and began eating.

    “Are you going to answer my question?” Sookie asked.

    Tara eyed her.

    “What question? Oh you mean the one that hinted that I’m rude to Bill?”

    “It was more than a hint and you are! Now suddenly you care how he is?”

    “Yeah, Sookie, I do. How is he sleeping? I mean he is pretty secure in his resting place, right? No sun is getting in, is it?”

    “Are you asking about Bill or someone else?”

    “Why would you think I’m asking about someone else?”

    “Tara Scarlett Thornton....”

    “My middle name is NOT Scarlett!” Tara snapped.

    “I know. I did that to punish you for being deliberately vague. Now, Jason told Bill, Sam and I, that a vampire named Franklin Mott got you out of jail last night. He’s the same one you’re ashamed of, isn’t he? The one you’ve been seeing? Tara, I’m just going to read your mind...”

    “Okay, okay! Yes! His name if Franklin and I haven’t known him for very long.” Tara grumbled, suddenly not hungry.

    “What is so hard about admitting that? We could double date if your guy wasn’t a weasel.”

    “Excuse me?” Tara asked, looking Sookie up and down.

    “Did you know that the vampire that kidnapped Bill, hired Franklin to investigate Bill and me?”

    Tara stood up.

    “I knew about Bill. Not you. And it’s one of the reasons I really wasn’t into him.”

    “Wasn’t?”

    “I still have my doubts...but I honestly don’t think he’s concerned with Bill or you anymore.”

    Sookie stood up now.

    “No, Bill agrees. He thinks Franklin is laying down roots...thinking of staying in Bon Temps permanently. For a reason.”

    Tara was about to say something, when a sharp knock on the door interrupted them. Sookie went to the door and opened it to Alcide Herveaux.

    “Alcide! Hey you! What brings you by?” she asked, hugging her former werewolf protector. Tara noticed that he gave her a crazy look(or what she deemed to be crazy), before stepping into the kitchen.

    “Hello, Tara.” Alcide said to her.

    “Hey.” Tara answered, looking him up and down. Now she may have decided to give a vampire a try, but there was no way in the HELL she would ever consider fucking a werewolf! Sweet Jesus! What if she was seeing one, and during sex he chose to transform on her? Hell to the naw!

    Tara shook herself out of her bestiality reverie.

    “I’d better get going. I have to apologize to Sam for missing work.” Tara said. She left the kitchen and went back upstairs. Sookie noticed Alcide was watching Tara.

    “Alcide? What’s going on?”

    Alcide glanced at the staircase before talking.

    “Someone saw Tara having sex with a vampire in the graveyard. I know from the little you’ve mentioned of her, she doesn’t seem to be in to supernatural men. I wondered if she was alright?”

    “Oh...you thought maybe a vamp had forced himself on Tara? No, that was probably her new boyfriend.”

    “So the sex was consensual?”

    “Yeah...Alcide, what’s really going on here? Who is this ‘someone’?”

    “I can’t say.” Alcide said before realizing he shouldn’t have.

    Sookie began reading his thoughts.

    “Eggs will have no choice but to accept the fact that Tara has moved on.”

    “Eggs?” Sookie asked. “You were thinking the name Eggs!”

    “I was thinking how I could go for some eggs! I missed breakfast this morning.” Alcide tried to cover.

    “Bullshit! Tell me what you meant, Alcide!” Sookie hissed, just as Tara hurried down the stairs and peered over at them. From Tara’s vantage point, Sookie and Alcide appeared to be involved in a heavy conversation.

    “I’m leaving now!” Tara called out. Sookie tore her eyes from Alcide’s and walked over to her.

    “Sam will understand. He was really worried about you last night. We all were.”

    “I know. When I know where this thing is going with Franklin, I’ll let you know.” Tara said. She nodded to Alcide then walked out of the house. Once the door closed, Sookie practically jumped down Alcide’s throat!

    “Start talking! Now!”

                                                                ****

    Before Tara went to Merlotte’s, she felt duty bound to check on Franklin. He had given her a key to his new place, which Tara reluctantly accepted. She just told herself that she would probably never use it.

    But now she found herself unlocking the business door of Mott Confidential Investigations. Tara wondered how much more money Franklin would make if he could open during the day?

    Tara closed the door and found herself straightening up Jessica’s messy looking desk. Tara frowned when she picked up a bag of Doritos. Her eyes went from the bag, to a few chips that had True Blood dripped over them. Tara raised a brow. Had Hoyt been eating this shit?

    She threw away the food, cleaned up the waiting room, then eased into the apartment area to check on Franklin. She opened the door that lead ot his apartment, stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

    Franklin had an actual separate kitchen and living room, plus one bedroom. The rooms were dark with the exception of two nightlights, that were plugged in in different parts of the apartment. Tara looked in on Franklin, who awoke for a moment, as if sensing her presence. He rubbed his eyes.

    “Tara, luv, what are you doing here?”

    “Go back to sleep!” Tara whispered. “I just wanted to make sure you were good.”

    “I’m better now that you’re with me.” Franklin said, sitting up and patting the bed. “Come join me.”

    Tara gave him a look.

    “You need some sleep. I need to get to Merlotte’s. I cleaned up your waiting room and Jessica’s area. You should get on that girl for being so messy.”

    “Oh, she doesn’t mean any harm. Come over here.” Franklin said, patting the bed.

    “Franklin, it’s not a good idea. I’ll see you later tonight.”

    Franklin said nothing, having figured out FINALLY, that for now, this relationship had to be on Tara’s terms.  He blew her a kiss as she closed the door, but now he could not sleep, as the identity of that werewolf kept knawing at him. Franklin knew he would not be able to concentrate on any other cases, until he figured out what werewolf had taken his having sex with Tara, so personally.
    
    Meanwhile, Tara left the building, got in her car and drove off. She never saw Eggs, who had borrowed a car from Alcide’s repair shop, to follow Tara in.  Eggs stared at the detective agency Tara had just come out of, then watched as Tara’s car began to slowly disappear off into the distance.

    He had decided that he couldn’t wait for Alcide to find out what Sookie knew.

    Eggs made the decision to follow Tara, and not confront the vampire that he suspected lived there. He would follow Tara and reveal himself to her, when she went outside for a break at Merlotte’s. Then once he and Tara were back together, Eggs planned on killing that vampire mutherfucker where he stood...or slept.