Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Tara stepped into Merlotte’s and gave Sam a weak wave from the door.

    “Hey there, Sam. Uh, about last night...”

    Sam walked over to her.

    “Tara, we need to talk. In my office. Now!”

    Tara tried not to be unnerved at Sam’s tone. She had not come up with a good enough excuse, on the drive here, as to why she didn’t come to work last night after being bailed out. And this was a small town. She knew he knew.

    Tara said hello to Arlene and Terry, ignored Lafayette’s evil eye and walked behind Sam into his office. He closed the door and they both sat down.

    “This ain’t about work, Tara. What the fuck is going on with you? Jason Stackhouse was in the other night. He’s worried about you. So am I. So is Sookie and Lafayette.”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “Aren’t cops supposed to keep things quiet? I suppose Jason ran his mouth about who bailed me out, right?”

    “You’re damned right he did, Hooker!” Tara and Sam heard LaFayette call from outside the door.

    “Get back to work, Lafayette! I mean it!” Sam yelled back through the closed door. He then looked at Tara again.

    “Who is this guy, Tara? I mean Bill Compton seems to know him.”

    “What does any of this have to do with my job? Sookie can see a vampire and no one questions her for shit! I start seeing one and now everyone is concerned?”

    “So it’s true? You’re seeing a vamp?”

    Tara was quiet for a moment, then spoke.

    “I don’t know yet what’s going to happen. I do know this is the first man that’s made me feel anything other than sadness, since Eggs was killed.”

    “But Tara, the time between Eggs’s death and you’re hooking up with this vamp, has been like seconds! What does he do for work?”

    “He’s a private investigator. He has a business located off of route 47. Jessica is his secretary.”

    “Oh.” Sam said. “Well is he going to help you out of these charges that Buck and Cletus are filing against you?”

    Tara shrugged.

    “Franklin told me last night, that he didn’t think there would be any charges filed.”

    “Tara, Buck and Cletus are PISSED off! I mean if they come in here tonight...”

    “They’ll just get another monkey ass whippin’! Don’t worry about me, Sam. I’m fine. Better than I have been in awhile.”

    “Because of this Franklin vamp?” Sam asked skeptically.

    “I just feel as if finally, everything is going to be alright.” Tara answered. “Can I start work now?”

    Sam nodded and Tara rested a hand on his shoulder, before leaving the office. Meanwhile, Lafayette took some trash out to the back bin, and spotted someone who looked a lot like Eggs, peering from behind a tree in the nearby woods!

    LaFayette began to move closer.

    “Eggs?” he called out. Terry opened the door loudly and came out, and Lafayette turned back to him.

    “You see that dude out in the woods?” he asked Terry. Terry squinted and shook his head.

    “Naw.”

    Lafayette turned back to the spot he had seen Eggs in, then shook his head.

    No one was there now.

    “Tell me I’m not going crazy!” Lafayette said more to himself. Terry nodded sympathetically.

    “That happens to me quite a lot.” he said in sympathy.

                                                                     ****

    Meanwhile, Eggs disappeared a little bit into the woods, glad that Lafayette hadn’t followed him. His disposable cellphone, that Alcide had gotten him, rang.

    “Hello?”

    “Eggs, where the fuck are you? I told you to stay put!” Alcide yelled.

    “What did Sookie tell you?” Eggs asked.

    “Uh...Sookie is right here.” Alcide admitted.

    “You TOLD her I was alive?!”

    Sookie told Alcide’s phone from him and spoke.

    “Eggs, it’s Sookie. Alcide told me everything. Please tell me you aren’t at Merlotte’s?”

    “Sookie, I have to see her.”

    “I know, but are you prepared to tell her what you are now?”

    “Uh, that wasn’t my fault! And it’s not like she HAS to know.”

    Sookie’s mouth dropped open!

    “Eggs! You have to tell her you’re a werewolf!”

    “I don’t have to say a damned thing! Please, Sookie, help me out!”

    Alcide took the phone back from Sookie.

    “Eggs, Tara saw you shot dead! You aren’t going to be able to explain yourself any other way!”

    And then it came to him.

    Everything would be fine, if he turned Tara into a werewolf too! Why hadn’t he thought of that before? He would wait for her tonight, in wolf form, bite or scratch her, then after her first transformation, Eggs would reveal himself to her. And chances were, once the vampire found out she had been turned into a werewolf, he would lose interest in her.

    “Eggs? Eggs answer me!” Alcide demanded.

    “I’m here. I’ll get back home. You’re right. I haven’t thought this thing through.” Eggs said and hung up. Meanwhile, Alcide hung up.

    “Well? What did he say?” Sookie asked anxiously.

    “He said he was coming home. That he hadn’t thought it through. I hope so. I hope he means it.”

    “Why wouldn’t he mean it?” Sookie asked.

    Alcide shook his head.

    “I don’t know. I don’t know what I’m saying. I guess we won’t know anything until we see Eggs for ourselves when he gets back here.”

                                                               ****

    When night fell, Sookie felt obliged to tell Bill about Eggs. They were at Bill’s home and Jessica was hurrying about, getting ready for work. Bill was not especially happy to hear that Sookie had spent most of the day with THAT werewolf.

    But he set aside his annoyance to listen to Sookie’s concerns about Tara.

    “So what did Eggs say when he returned?” Bill asked. Jessica, who had been about to come down the stairs, listened in.

    “He said he didn’t know what got into him, and that he would wait for the right time to tell Tara he’s alive.”

    “While I’m not a fan of werewolves, Eggs did seem to genuinely care for Tara. We have no idea why Franklin Mott is really interested in her for herself, or because he still wants information on the both of us.”

    “Bill! I thought you said that YOU thought Franklin was here for her...you know...with his putting down roots here and all?”

    “I do. But there is always the chance that I’m wrong. And I think that Tara would love Eggs no matter what.”

    “Oh I think so too! I just don’t think it’s right that all of this be sprung on Tara so soon. LaFayette told me she tried to kill herself over Eggs. Then she jumps into this relationship with Franklin...I think...”

    Bill stood up.

    “I think we ought to pay a visit to Mr. Mott’s place of business. Let’s find out from him what his intentions are.” he said, then called out for Jessica.

    “Jessica, I know you have been listening! You will not breathe a word about Eggs to anyone, are we clear?”

    Jessica stomped down the stairs!

    “I don’t think it’s right that Mr. Mott not know that he has competition for Tara! I mean I can’t just sit there and not say anything!”

    “You can and will, young lady!” Bill snapped. Sookie put a hand on her arm.

    “It won’t be forever, Jess. We just need a little time to prepare Tara for the news that her former boyfriend is alive---and is now a werewolf.”

                                                                           ****
    
    The last customers in Merlotte’s that evening, were Buck Johnson and Cletus Buzzard. Tara scarcely noticed them. Actually, she didn’t recognize them. She had been so busy beating them down, that she wouldn’t know them on the street!

    But Arlene recognized them. She eased over to the kitchen window, where Terry and Lafayette were.

    “Hey, guys? I think we have trouble.”

    “What?” Terry asked, walking to the window. Lafayette raised a brow.

    “Uh, the kitchen is closed! They need to get the fuck out!”

    “They ain’t here to eat! Those are the two guys Tara beat up...oh shit! Buck is going over to the bar now...oh shit...” Arlene trailed off.

    Meanwhile, Tara was wiping down the bar, when a guy that looked vaguely familiar with a half a mouth of teeth, sat down at the bar. Tara eyed the clock. Well, technically there was 15 minutes left.

    “What can I get you?” Tara asked, thinking about Franklin. After closing, she would head over to his apartment. Hopefully he wasn’t too busy with clients.

    “True Blood.” Buck answered. Cletus laughed from across the room. Tara raised a brow over at him, shrugged and turned to pull a bottle of True Blood out of the fridge. She handed it to Buck.

    Buck popped it open, swilled it around, then spat it out in Tara’s face! Tara gasped, then leaped over the bar at him! Lafayette dove out of the kitchen window, did a frontward roll and began punching Cletus in the booth!

    “Holy sheet!” Terry cried out, jumping out through the window to help Tara, who had been punched by Buck!  Sam came running out the back, while Arlene whipped a bottle of ketchup over at Cletus, just barely missing Lafayette!

    “Watch it, hooker!” Lafayette yelled.

    “Sorry! I was just tryin’ to help!” Arlene called out.

    Then, just as things seemed like they couldn’t get any worse, it did.

    Eggs, who had been waiting for Tara to come out, so he could turn her into a werewolf, saw the commotion from the window, changed into a werewolf and crashed through one of the plate windows!

    “AAAAAHHHHH!” both Lafayette and Cletus screamed. Lafayette let go of Cletus and ran back into the kitchen! Werewolf Eggs bit Cletus’s head off!

    Arlene fainted at the sight and Terry remembered a similar scene in a movie he once watched called ‘An American Werewolf In London’. It had scared the shit out of him!

    “CLETUS!” Buck screamed. Werewolf Eggs focused on him, and Sam grabbed Tara, pulling her back behind the bar! Terry dove under a table, as the creature knocked Buck down and ripped out his throat!

    Once that was done, Werewolf Eggs looked around at Terry under the table and up at Sam and Tara. Sam had his arm around Tara. He growled at the sight.

    “Uh,” Tara called out, “nice wolf! Would you like a beer or something?”

    “Tara!” Sam hissed in a whisper, “it’s a fuckin’ killer! It’s not going to want a beer!”

    “You never know! Look, I’ll get that dog dish...you know the one Sookie used to use for that dog that used to hang around here?”

    Sam pinked up.

    “Uh, yeah. I remember that dog.”

    “Anyway, it’s underneath the bar here. I’ll pour a little beer in it, then while the wolf is sipping it, we’ll all just sneak out.” Tara said, slowly reaching for the dog dish. She popped open a beer, then slowly began to walk around the bar.

    “Hooker, no!” Lafayette hissed.

    “Tara, no!” Terry whispered from underneath the table.

    Arlene moaned from the floor, while Sam prepared to change into a wolf to save Tara, if need be.

    Tara slowly walked towards the wolf, then gently set down the dish. It was strange, the way the wolf was looking at her. His eyes were oddly gentle. Still, it was a fucking werewolf! Hopefully a beer would calm it down.

    “Here you go, boy. Drink this and calm down.” Tara said. Werewolf Eggs ran a tongue around his mouth, and accepted the beer bowl. Once he started drinking, Tara motioned for everyone to slide out of the front door. Sam eased out from behind the bar and picked up Arlene. Terry slowly crawled out from underneath the table and Lafayette joined them, as they all shuffled out--with Tara last.

    Werewolf Eggs was halfway through the bowl of beer, when he noticed what was going on! He rushed them, grabbing hold to the back of Tara’s shirt with his teeth and pulling her back into the bar!

    “Oh hell no!” Lafayette cried out, when he saw everyone was out except for Tara! Sam handed Arlene off to Terry, then took out his phone.

    “I’m calling Bill!”

    “Vampire Bill?” Terry asked. “What for?”

    Sam didn’t answer. But he could not shake the feeling that this werewolf had killed Buck and Cletus to save Tara, and now didn’t want to let her out of his sight.

                                                                      ****

    Bill and Sookie were forced to drop Jessica off at work, then head to Merlotte’s. That werewolf was definitely Eggs! Sookie was about to call Alcide from her cell, when Bill told her that he would not be needed. Bill insisted he could handle Eggs on his own.  

    Meanwhile, Jessica walked into work just as Franklin was finishing up a meeting with Lucy Lee Tuttleton, the niece of a man murdered the other night named Bethune Tuttleton. Lucy Lee outright told Franklin that she felt the Bon Temps police force was too stupid to solve her uncle’s murder. That some creature had done it, and that in order to find the killer, either a werewolf or vampire would have to find it!

    “Thank you, Ms. Tuttleton. I suspect I might have already spotted this murderous beast roaming the graveyard.” Franklin told her. Lucy Lee put a hand to her breast!

    “Lordy! Just find the damned thing!”

    “That’s what I’m paid to do, Ms. Tuttleton. Find things. Jessica, you’re late---again.”

    “Sorry, Mr. Mott. Uh, can I get this lady a refreshment?”

    “The meeting is over. Just make the reminder calls for the next day’s appointments.” Franklin said, showing Ms. Tuttleton out. He closed the door, a little disturbed by the fact that Bethune Tuttleton owned the home that that succubus, Maryann Forrester, previously resided in.

    As did Tara. And Eggs Talley. Was it coincidence?

    Jessica twirled around in her chair, then looked around.

    “Where the hell are those Dorritos I had sitting out here? Did you eat them?”

    Franklin gave her a look. Jessica smiled back.

    “Now don’t be like that. Maybe I have some information about your little case there.”

    Franklin sat down on the edge of the desk.

    “Do you, Jessica? Or is this just some way of getting out of being late--again?”

    Jessica stopped twirling and smiled up at him.

    “I know who the werewolf is! I know who the werewolf is!” she sang out. Franklin raised a brow.

    “Do you? And how did you come by this information?”

    “Bill and Sookie. They were discussing him.”

    Now Franklin was really interested!

    “Bill Compton and Sookie Stackhouse know this werewolf?”

    Something in the back of Jessica’s mind, told her she had said too much. She clamped her lips shut briefly, before speaking.

    “You know, maybe I’d better get on those calls...” she said, picking up the phone. Franklin snatched it out of her hand and slowly replaced the receiver.

    “Little Jessica. Tell me what you know. Now!”

    “Okay, okay! But you’re not going to like it!”

    Franklin stared at her. His feelings had been spot on before. The werewolf that had killed Bethune Tuttleton and the one that he had spotted in the graveyard the other night, watching him and Tara, were one in the same.

    And if he ‘wasn’t going to like it’, that also meant that Franklin’s feelings, that that werewolf was something to Tara, were correct.

    “Tell me!” Franklin snapped.

    Jessica stood up.

    “It’s Eggs!”

    “Eggs who?”

    “Eggs Talley! Tara’s Eggs! He was bitten before he was killed and then never died! He wants to get back with Tara...”

    Jessica suddenly found herself alone. Damn! Bill and Sookie were going to kill her!

                                                                              ****

    “What the fuck do you mean ‘that’s Eggs’?!” Lafayette asked. “I’m callin’ 911! I thought I saw that muthafucka earlier...”

    “Lafayette, no!” Sookie snapped. “The police can’t know he’s alive and is a werewolf!”

    Terry had taken Arlene home a half hour ago. Sam stayed behind and knew Terry would be coming back to help out. They had to get this done with and fast!

    “We need to tell Tara just why she’s trapped in there with a werewolf!” Sam insisted.

    Bill looked at the three of them.

    “I think that Eggs has a mind to turn her.”

    “Whaaaaaaatttt?” Lafayette and Sam said at the same time. Sookie shook her head.

    “Bill, stop him! Tara would just die if she became a werewolf!”

    Bill nodded and was prepared to burst into the bar, when a gush of wind stopped him in his tracks, along with witnessing the front, glass door, disintegrate!  Bill, Sookie, Sam and Lafayette ran inside, to find Eggs, now naked on the floor, shivering.

    Tara was nowhere to be found.

                                                                  ****

    Franklin got Tara back home, where she collapsed in his arms in the front hallway.

    “Oh my God! That fucking thing wanted to kill me! Why? Why?”

    “Tara...”

    “Oh my God! Alcide Herveaux was here earlier, looking at me like I was crazy! It was his ass that did this! He did kill those rednecks...but still...”

    “Tara, luv, I think that that wolf...”

    “You know what?” Tara interrupted again. “It doesn’t matter! It doesn’t matter. You were there for me--again! And I don’t know why I haven’t seen how lucky I am to have you!” Tara said, then kissed him hard on the mouth, before breaking off the kiss, which Franklin started up again, while taking off his own clothing.

    Tara hurriedly shed her own clothes and before she could utter another word, Franklin lifted her by the buttocks, pistoned her on his cock and ran up the stairs with vampire speed. Tara moaned as she bounced on his member with each rapid step he took up those stairs and to her room, where she surrendered, once again, to her passion for this vampire.

    And on the bed where she had last made love to Eggs Talley, Tara’s hands covered Franklin’s as they rested on her full breasts. They were both kneeling on the bed, with Franklin’s knees laced outside of hers from behind, while his cock slowly pillaged her depths. God! She was so warm, moist and inviting! This was one of the many reasons he could never let her go.

    He wouldn’t let her go. And a small detail like Eggs Talley, could very easily be dealt with. Franklin was perfectly willing to provide for Mr. Talley, the death he was justly cheated out of, when he was bitten.