Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Andy Bellefleur looked at the dead bodies of Buck Johnson and Cletus Buzzard and shook his head. He was about to say something, when Jason Stackhouse took the words right out of his mouth.

    “Sam, what the hell happened here?” he asked. Sam took a deep breath, then looked over at Bill and Sookie, who glanced at LaFayette, who looked at Sam again.

    “Well is somebody going to answer him?!” Andy snapped. His eyes then narrowed as he focused in on Bill Compton.

    “What do you know about this shit, Vampire Bill?” Andy asked, looking him over. Jason frowned.

    “Aw, come on, Andy! Bill didn’t do this!”

    “I didn’t say he did, Jason! But it looks pretty damned bad, that three out of the four people standing in front of us, are friends of Tara Thornton’s...no offense, Bill.”

    “None taken.” Bill replied.

    “Andy, Tara didn’t do this! She couldn’t! Jason, tell them!” Sookie pleaded. Jason gave his sister a sharp look.

    “I know that. But you all had better give me somethin’! Now Sam here is telling me that some damned wolf broke through the window and did this. Was Tara working tonight? Lafayette?”

    Lafayette coughed loudly!

    “I don’t remember, Jason! Honestly, I was so busy cookin’ and shit, that I didn’t notice.”

    “Was Arlene here? And Terry?” Andy asked.

    “Uh...yeah. But Arlene passed out, so Terry took her home. Come on, Andy! We don’t have time for this shit! There’s a fucking wolf loose! I think it went that way!” Sam said, pointing in the opposite direction, that Alcide had driven off with Eggs, once he was called to pick him up.

    Andy refrained from really going off! There was clearly a time discrepancy going on here. For some reason, the police had not been called right away, once the wolf went away.

    “Why did this wolf only kill these two? And where the hell is Tara Thornton? Answer me now or you’re all comin’ in!” Andy yelled.

    Bill was tempted to glamour Andy, but honestly, he didn’t see the point. The revelation about Eggs Talley being alive would have to come out, since the man was determined to reunite with Tara. If he were leaving town, maybe, lying would be the best option here...

    “Wait a minute,” Jason said, “that vamp that Tara is seeing...he’s involved, isn’t he? He killed Buck and Cletus, didn’t he? Why the hell didn’t you say that? Why are you all trying to frame some poor wolf?”

    Bill looked at Sookie. Sookie looked at Sam. Sam looked at Lafayette. That sounded like a pretty good damned lie to them!

    “Yeah, that’s what happened. And he took off with Tara. But I think Tara wanted to go with him.” Sam said shiftily. Jason nodded, pleased that he had this case almost solved, while Andy bent down and picked up the dog dish, sniffing it.

    “Who the hell was drinking beer out of a dog dish?” he asked suspiciously.

    “Uh, Terry.” Lafayette said just as shiftily. Andy threw the dish down!

    “Now that’s just a goddamned lie! My cousin has some problems, but he wouldn’t do anything like that.  This whole thing reeks.  Jason, you go and talk to Arlene and Terry. I’ll find Tara.”

    Jason saw Bill and Sookie shake their heads behind Andy’s back.

    “Uh, Andy, why don’t I talk to Tara and you talk to Arlene and Terry?”

    “Why don’t you just do as I say, Jason. Buck and Cletus’s relatives will have to be informed.” he said, touching his gun. If Tara was with that damned vampire boyfriend of hers, he’d need some silver bullets or something. Then again, he could come along to the police station, all peaceful like.

    “Tara is still living with you, Sookie?”

    Sookie took a deep breath.

    “Yes, Andy, she is.” she said. Mike Spencer arrived and shook his head. Deputy Kenya looked at the foursome.

    “Bill, Sookie, you tell me how you came to be here, after all the trouble ended. Sam, Lafayette, you all tell me who you saw kill Buck and Cletus.” she said.

                                                                         ****

    Franklin figured that a dead man having trouble breathing, after having savage sex with the love of his life, was a good thing.

    He fell back against his pillow, while Tara got up and peered out of the window from behind a shade. Franklin sat up.

    “Who are you looking for, luv?”

    Tara swung her braids around to look at him.

    “That fucking wolf! Franklin, it could be waiting outside or something.”

    “Come back to bed now. I’m sure the police have shot it...hopefully.” Franklin sniffed.  Who was he kidding? Tara would find out that Eggs was alive and then...

    Then what? Leave him?

    That he would not allow. Then again, there as no escaping the truth. Sookie would most likely try and break the news to Tara about Eggs. It would probably be better to do it first.

    “Tara, come here. There is something I have to tell you.” Franklin said, sitting up and swinging his legs over the side. Tara walked over, her naked body gleaming, and sat down in his lap.

    “Okay, what is it?” she asked, wrapping her arms around him.

    “I have some bad news for you.”

    Tara frowned.

    “What?”

    “Eggs is alive.” Franklin revealed.

    “Eggs....uh Eggs who?”

    “Your Eggs! Darling, he was the werewolf. Apparently he was bitten before he was killed by the Sheriff here. He was the one that saved you from those men tonight.” Franklin said somberly. Tara pulled out of his embrace and walked over to the window. She then turned back to him.

    “I have to go to him.”

    “To tell him you two can be friends now?” Franklin asked patiently.

    “Uh, no. Look, Franklin, I will always love you...but Eggs was the one. My forever. My...”

    Franklin burst out laughing and laid back down on the bed. His chest heaved as he laughed even harder. Tara cleared her throat.

    “I’m going to assume that you’re laughing out of shock?”

    Franklin put a hand to his bare chest and rose.

    “Tara, honey...don’t be ridiculous. Eggs is a WEREWOLF!”

    Tara looked kind of shifty.

    “We’ll get through it. I have to tell him I understand.”

    “Understand what, precious? He’s a fucking beast now. You’d never be able to handle it.”

    “Look, Franklin! You don’t know what Eggs and I had!”

    “I know what you had when he was HUMAN! Tara, I don’t want to hear anymore. Go to him if you must. Reunite with him if you feel the need. But I KNOW YOU. The minute he turns into an animal in front of you, you won’t be able to take it.”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about!”

    “Oh...I love it when you give me attitude! Love it! Now, darling, don’t you remember that midnight picnic we had about two weeks ago?”

    Tara stared at him, then looked away briefly, before looking at him again.

    “Uh no.”

    “The hell you don’t! You freaked out when that fox showed up to eat off of your sandwich...only it wasn’t a fox. It was some rusty haired shapeshifter! You jumped up and chased it, flinging a full bottle of water at it and some of the sandwich. Is that what you would do to Eggs when that poor man transforms?”

    Tara didn’t like thinking about that! And she hadn’t been able to help herself that night! It was bad enough that a wild animal had been eating off of her food! But to see that it wasn’t an animal at all? Franklin had had to stop her from picking up a stick and chasing it down as well.

    “It wouldn’t be the same with Eggs. I’d try and show him some understanding.” Tara said, walking over to him and sitting down on the edge of the bed. “I’ll always treasure the time we spent together.”

    “Hmmm, yes.” Franklin said, picking up a copy of Essence Magazine that had been sitting on her nightstand. “I think your hair would look pretty like this.”

    Tara shook her head. Franklin would realize it was over between them, when he saw Eggs and her together.

    “TARA!” Sookie called out.  Tara looked for a robe, put it on and hurried from the room. Franklin found another robe of Tara’s, put it on, and followed after her.

    Bill growled when he saw Franklin following Tara down the stairs! Sookie was a bit surprised herself.

    “You invited him in?!” Bill snapped at Tara. Tara gave him the finger, causing Franklin to grin, before looking at Sookie.

    “Franklin won’t cause you any trouble, Sook. He told me about Eggs. Where is he? I need to go to him.”

    Sookie grabbed her hand.

    “Alcide is with him. He’s been caring for him--trying to get him used to being a wolf.” Sookie said. “Come on. I’ll take you to him but we have to hurry. Andy is on his way over here.”

    Franklin smiled.

    “I’ll just get dressed. Tara, I know I’ll be seeing you soon.”

    Tara ignored him.

    “Let me put something on and we’ll go.” she said, turning and running back up the stairs. Bill looked at Franklin.

    “You should put something on and leave.”

    Franklin ignored Bill and looked at Sookie.

    “I hope you don’t plan on encouraging this.”

    Sookie folded her arms.

    “Encouraging what?”

    “This crap with Eggs! I know for a fact that he has murdered THREE people now.” Franklin said. Bill nodded.

    “The man that lived in the house that MaryAnn Forrester lived in?” he questioned. Franklin nodded.

    “A relative of the dead man, has hired me to look into his death. And then there are the police. What will they think of all of this?” Franklin asked. But Sookie gave him a dirty look.

    “Eggs and Tara belong together. We’ll get through this. Bill, please make sure he leaves this house.” Sookie said, as Tara passed Franklin on the stairs. She turned and gave him a kiss.

    “That’s goodbye. I’m going to be with Eggs now.”

    Franklin said nothing as the two women left. Bill stared at him.

    “You don’t seem concerned.” he noted. Franklin shrugged.

    “Like I told Tara: I know her. This thing with Eggs will not last a day. Sex with a werewolf is a bit different than with a vampire.”

    Bill could not help but agree. Tara would have to discover that herself, though.

                                                                     ****

    Tara ran into Eggs’s arms as soon as she saw him again, too stunned to believe she was not dreaming! Sookie and Alcide left them alone, driving off somewhere. Eggs sat down with Tara on a couch.

    “Baby, tell me what happened? When were you bitten by the wolf?” Tara asked.

    “A little bit before I was shot. Tara...I don’t think Andy shot me.” Eggs told her.

    “What do you mean? He said he did it.”

    “I know that. But one of the last things I remember, is facing him with a knife, then nothing. He didn’t have a gun.” Eggs told her. Tara frowned, but shook the whole thing off. None of that mattered now.

    “That was you at Merlotte’s, wasn’t it? You saved me from those rednecks.”

    “You were doing a pretty good job yourself. Tara, I would’ve never hurt you in there. I saw...I saw the vampire take you away. How could you let him touch you, baby?” Eggs asked in a pleading voice.

    “I was lonely...I missed you. I broke it off with Franklin. He understands.” Tara nodded, touching her forehead against his. God, he felt kind of hot...

    “I’m glad he understands, Tara, because I was going to kill him. I was.” Eggs almost growled. “I need you. I need to know that you’re mine.” Eggs whispered, as he began taking off her clothes. Tara reached for his and once naked, they both fell to the floor.

             TWO MINUTES LATER

    Tara was squatting on the ground, holding on to the arms of a chair, while Eggs, on his knees, pumped her steadily from behind.  

    The first feral sound made caused Tara to take pause.

    She then looked down and saw that Eggs’s hands, which were on her hips, were starting to turn kind of hairy.

    “OH HELL TO THE NAW! GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME! GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!” Tara began screaming.

    “I....GRRR....I.....GRRR....I’M SHIFTING BABY....GRRR!” Eggs moaned/ growled. Tara reached for a vase, half turned mid fuck and smashed it over Eggs’s head! Eggs fell back, now howling, as his transformation was almost complete! Tara grabbed her clothes and ran from the house, naked as the night is long!

    Eggs smashed through the screendoor and chased her behind an old car! Tara managed to get her pants on, while running around the car, but then dropped her top, as Eggs chased her so hard, that she knew he was about to pounce on her!

    Tara screamed again and ran off into a nearby wooded area! She could feel the wolf’s hot breath on her back! This was not Eggs and damned if he was going to be turning into a wolf on her during sex! If they were going to be together, he’d have to get some medication for this shit...

    Suddenly, there was nothing. Tara stopped running to look behind her. She squinted. Eggs was lying naked on the ground.

    “Baby...Tara baby, I couldn’t control it...” he moaned. Tara turned and ran out into a nearby road...and into the headlights of Deputy Kenya.

                                                                           ****

    Tara was jailed, again, for not only running around topless, but for being an accessory to a crime.  Andy was sure that Tara had sicced this ‘wolf’ on Buck Johnson and Cletus Buzzard, but couldn’t figure the connection. Yet.

    Meanwhile, Franklin casually entered the police station and asked to see Tara by glamouring Deputy Kenya, Jason Stackhouse and Andy Bellefleur. He then walked into the cell block and convinced the only other prisoner, that he was now blind.

    The prisoner began screaming! Franklin told him to be ‘quietly blind’. He then walked over to Tara’s cell and unlocked it. Tara watched as he then closed the door behind him and joined her in the cell.

    “What is this? I told you so?” Tara asked grumpily. Franklin sighed and took in her gray uniform.

    “I heard you were topless, darling. Is that true?”

    “What do you care?”

    Franklin reached for the front zipper of her jail uniform.

    “I care very much who gets to see what’s mine.” Franklin said, watching as the uniform fell to her feet. “Now, do you understand that you do not belong with Eggs Talley?”

    Tara, not caring that she was naked, turned away. She then turned back.

    “It will just take some getting used to. WE’RE still broken up.”

    “Of course we are. Of course. But the least you can do is thank me properly...for bailing you out...again.”

    Tara watched as Franklin undressed with vampire speed! She looked over at the other prisoner, now realizing why Franklin had tricked him into believing he was blind.

    “Franklin...”

    “Tara, let me turn you. Let me do it before Eggs tries to.” Franklin asked, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

    “Eggs would never want me to be what he is.” Tara whispered. Franklin moved her against the bars and Tara raised her arms to grip them tightly.

    “Of course he does. He thinks then the two of you could be together forever.  But I won’t let him do it. I’ll have to kill him, Tara.” Franklin said, knifing his cock into her inner recesses from behind. And while the other prisoner thought he was blind, and Andy, Jason and Kenya had been glamoured into not coming back there, Franklin thrusted his cock into Tara over and over and over again, causing one of Tara’s breasts bounce out through the bars. He bit into her neck and Tara’s world began to spin from passion and pain...

    Just then, the power went out in the police station. Franklin and Tara stopped what they were doing, just as they heard a guttural howl outside of the cell door.  Tara felt the breast that was jutting outside of the bars, get licked by a very primal, feeling tongue.

    “Oh Lord Jesus!” she whispered.