Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


     Eggs Talley collapsed as soon as he came out of the woods. And that is how he met Alcide’s former girlfriend, Debbie Pelt.

    Debbie saw the naked, Black man in a clearing near Alcide’s house and recognized a fellow Were in trouble. He was clearly a newbie, with his fetal position and all.

    Debbie got out of her car and hurried over to him, trying to help him up.

    “I got you.” she said, leading him towards Alcide’s house. “How do you know Alcide?”

    Eggs blinked, barely registering the woman that was leading him towards Alcide’s porch steps.

    “He’s been helping me. You know what he is, don’t you?”

    “I know what you both are. I’m one too. I can tell you’re having a hard time with this, aren’t you?”

    Eggs collapsed again but Debbie put her strength into half carrying him to the porch. Alcide heard the noise while Tara was in the shower.

    “Holy shit!” he muttered to himself. If this wasn’t some piece of damned back luck! Eggs seeing Tara here would be bad enough, but if Debbie caught wind of this...

    The water stopped and Alcide hurried into the bathroom, just as Tara was drying off. She peered at him.

    “What?” she asked, sensing trouble.

    “Eggs is outside, along with my ex-girlfriend. They’re this c lose to coming in here.” Alcide warned.

    “My prison uniform is out in the living room!” Tara hissed. Alcide ran into the living room, ran back to the bathroom to toss the garment to Tara, just as the door was about to open! Alcide whipped the door open, then backed them back onto the porch.

    “Eggs...Debbie, what are you doing here?”

    Debbie gave him a look. Eggs answered.

    “Things got fucked up man! They’re looking for me!”

    “As I knew they would be! Eggs, I told you this wasn’t a good idea!”

    Debbie gingerly sniffed the air, then her eyes narrowed.

    “You’ve got some bitch in there with you, don’t you?”

    Eggs gave Alcide a surprised look.

    “Oh. My bad. I’m sorry, Alcide...”

    “Look,” Alcide said, tossing Eggs his keys and all the cash he had on him, “I know the law is after you. Take my car and this money and get going.”

    Debbie held Eggs’s arm tighter, but she looked at Alcide.

    “You don’t have to run, Eggs! Your fellow Were’s have your back. Come along with me. You’ll be fine. I’ve got a special pack I run with...”

    “Eggs, you’d be better off dead than hanging out with this skank or her pack.” Alcide said matter-of-factly.

    “Is that right? Why don’t I come up in there and rip that Stackhouse bitch’s throat out! I know that’s who’s in there!” Debbie retorted. But Eggs gently sniffed the air, then eyed Alcide.

    “That’s not Sookie.”

    Debbie looked at Eggs.

    “What do you mean? Who the hell else would it be?”

    Eggs stood up straighter, unassisted.

    “I don’t know. But Sookie has a nice, fresh smell to her.”

    Tara, who was listening behind the door, shook her head! What the fuck did THAT mean? Sookie smelled fresh! She couldn’t wait to hear how she smelled!

    “And this smell is what?” Debbie asked him, eyeing Alcide. Yep! He was scared shitless, she could smell it! And she began to wonder if the woman inside, was someone Alcide didn’t want EGGS to see?

    “Familiar.” was all Eggs said, as he stepped a bare foot onto the porch. It was then that the sound of sirens wailed in the background!

    “Take the stuff and go, Eggs!” Alcide warned. “I have a mechanics uniform in the trunk you can change into later! Just get going!”

    Eggs nodded, then ran to Alcide’s car, jumped in and squealed off.  A moment later, Tara stepped out onto the porch. Debbie threw up her hands!

    “I knew it! I fucking knew it! I think I’ll go after Eggs and tell him that you’re fucking his bitch!”

    Alcide was about to say something, when Tara put hand on his arm.

    “I’ve got this.” she said, taking a step towards Debbie.  Debbie smirked.

    “You’ve got nothing. I’ll rip your fucking throat out.”

    Alcide hurried inside the house, then returned just as quickly. He waved a vial of blood around. Tara lifted a brow. Was that vampire blood?

    “This is V.  Take it and get the fuck out of here! I mean it!”

    Debbie’s nostrils flared widely for a moment, before she snatched the vial from her former boyfriend, hurried to her car and sped off. She had plans to do this V in private somewhere...before she decided just how to proceed with the new info she just learned.

    Meanwhile, Tara folded her arms and looked at Alcide.

    “I could’ve handled her.”

    “And you wouldn’t have a head right now. Never mind her. What are we going to do about what just happened?” Alcide asked in a strange tone of voice.

    Tara shrugged.

    “Nothing. And if Eggs or anyone else finds out, we just say that your girl there is lying. She’s a V junkie. No one would believe it.”

    Alcide said nothing to that. Tara tilted her head.

    “I take it you disagree?”

    “I don’t disagree, Tara. I just don’t see any point in lyin’ about it. Part of Eggs’s problem is that he’s not dealing with what he is now. And I’m afraid he could fall into the wrong pack.”

    Tara’s mouth dropped open!

    “Are you fucking crazy? Eggs is never going to understand my being with a werewolf when I broke it off with him for being one! No! If he finds out, we deny everything. Okay?”

    “So I’m just supposed to lie?”

    “Alcide, what is the problem here? Yeah, you lie! What good would the truth be to anyone? Look, I see you’re short of cars here, so I’ll walk home.”

    “I’m not short of cars. I’ve got one in the back. I’ll take you home.”

    “No,” Tara decided, “take me to my cousin’s instead.”

                                                                 ****

    LaFayette was peeking out from behind a curtain, as he watched a fine ass dude drop Tara off in front of his house. He then realized that the ‘fine ass dude’, was that werewolf that Sookie had been hanging out with! Alfred or Alex or something...

    LaFayette noted that it looked as if the weredude wanted to walk Tara up to the door! Tara put a hand up in a halting position, and the weredude got back in his car and screeched off! Tara rolled her eyes and headed towards the front door, which LaFayette already had open!

    “Hooker, get your ass in here! I heard you were in jail and that Sookie was going to bail you out.”

    Tara collapsed on his couch, while LaFayette closed the door.

    “I walked out of the damned jail. And neither Andy or Jason are going to have shit to say about it.”

    LaFayette smelled blackmail. He slowly sat down next to her.

    “What’s this all about? That dude that dropped you off? Is that that werewolf that Sook knows? And where the hell is Eggs? You know it’s all over the TV that he’s alive and shit! How did that vampire take it? The one you were seein’?”

    “Could you slow down, please? I can’t follow all of that shit you’re asking me!” Tara groused. “Are you going to offer me something to drink?”

    “You’ll get a drink when you spill some dirt! Let’s go back to the other night at Merlotte’s. How the fuck did you get away from Eggs? I know he was that wolf that killed those rednecks.”

    “Franklin Mott rescued me. I’ve been kind of seeing him. Kind of.”

    “What does that mean?”

    “It means he gets on my nerves sometimes. But I know he cares about me.” Tara sighed.

    LaFayette shook his head.

    “How many damned times did you get on Sookie about Bill?”

    “Alright, alright!”

    “Okay, let’s move on from the vamp. Sookie told you Eggs was alive and then what?”

    “Actually,” Tara corrected, “Franklin told me. He didn’t have to but he did. And he was the one that warned me that I would regret it.”

    “What do you mean?” LaFayette asked.

    “I mean he said I wouldn’t be able to fuck an animal! Jesus, LaFayette!  I didn’t listen to him! I went back to Eggs and while we were in the middle of sex, he tried to change on me!” Tara cried, tearing up at the frightful memory. LaFayette hugged her briefly.

    “Damn, girl. I’m sorry.”

    “It gets worse!” Tara sniffed. LaFayette handed her a Kleenex so she could blow her nose.

    “So how did you end up getting arrested?” LaFayette asked.

    “That’s the ‘worse’ part. I freaked out and ran butt naked out into the woods and ended up getting caught by Deputy Kenya! You know she hates me!”

    “Kenya hates everyone. She’s mad she ain’t police chief yet.” LaFayette said.

    “Well, she arrested me and put me in a cell. Franklin shows up and we kind of...”

    “Kind of what?”

    “Kind of started having sex. Then the lights went off and Eggs showed up...as a wolf and started trying to lick me through the bars! LaFayette, I had a three way with a vamp and wolf in the ....LAFAYETTE!”

    LaFayette had passed out! Tara ran to his kitchen to get some water, came back and threw it down in his face! LaFayette awoke, sputtering and coughing!

    “What the hell happened?!”

    “You passed out in the middle of my story!”

    “Bitch, don’t ever throw any damned water in my face again! Lord, I passed out from lust! No one saw this going on? Andy? Jason?”

    “Jason did. But he was too worried about the fact that Eggs was alive to notice much. Then...”

    Tara could not say the words. Jason had shot Eggs, not Andy. Jason had lied to her and let her suffer. If Eggs hadn’t come back to life as a wolf, she might not have ever found out.

    “Then what, Tara? Eggs must have escaped because the state police are lookin’ for him.” LaFayette informed her. Tara nodded.

    “I know. I couldn’t stay there. I had to get away from everyone, including Franklin.”

    LaFayette eyed her.

    “So you called that werewolf to pick you up? I didn’t think you knew him that well?”

    “I don’t. I was walking home and he picked me up.”

    “And yet I’ve been calling Sook’s number for hours. No one has been picking up.”

    Tara looked away.

    “Alright! Alright! I had sex with him too! And he didn’t change into anything on me and I liked it! Is that what you want to know?”

    “Lord, Jesus! What are you going to do?”

    Tara blinked.

    “About what? I broke up with Franklin. Eggs is now on the run and Alcide means nothing to me. There’s nothing to do about anything. Now, could you drive me home? I need to get some sleep. I want to make it clear to Sam that I want and need my job.”

    But LaFayette was still shaking his head. If Tara thought all of this was over, she was crazy!

                                                                   ****

    Bill opened the door to Alcide Herveaux and decided in that moment, that he’d rather let Franklin Mott into Sookie’s house, than him.

    Sookie peeked out from behind Bill.

    “Oh hey, Alcide! Come on in!”

    Bill just barely moved aside, so that Alcide could get in through the doorway. Cold looks were exchanged, but nothing said.

    “What brings you by?” Sookie asked.

    “I just thought you should know that Tara is over at her cousin’s house. I found her walking in the road.”

    Bill folded his arms.

    “I wonder why she was just allowed to walk out?”

    “I think they were all too shocked by Eggs to do much else.” Alcide speculated. Sookie shook her head.

    “Poor Tara. You know what? We should throw her a party. A ‘Cheer-Up Tara’ party. Right here.”

    Bill and Alcide looked at one another, then looked at Sookie and shook their heads simultaneously.

    “Sookie,” Bill said gently, “I don’t think a party will help in a case like this.”

    “I agree with the vamp. I mean Eggs is on the run now. How is that going to cheer her up?” Alcide asked. Bill looked at him.
    
    “How do you know Eggs is on the run?”

    “Because I sent him on his way, vamp! Anymore nosy questions?”

    “Actually,” Bill said, “yes. Why couldn’t you just tell us this by phone?”

    “I’m telling SOOKIE this, not you!”

    Sookie stepped in.

    “Okay, okay. Alcide, thank you for letting me know where Tara is and that she’s okay. I’ll walk you out.” Sookie said, wagging a finger at Bill. Sookie and Alcide walked out onto the porch, where in which, Alcide began to ask a few questions...

    “So, what’s going on with Tara and this vamp?”

    “Franklin?”

    “Is that his name?”

    “Uh, yeah. I don’t know. He seems to be kind of obsessed with her.”

    “Does Tara love him?”

    “I don’t know, Alcide. Why are you asking all of these questions about Ta...

    I’d really like to feel those smooth, brown thighs of hers around by neck again

    Sookie’s mouth dropped open!

    “Alcide Herveaux! No you didn’t! No you and Tara didn’t!”

    Bill walked out onto the porch and put both hands on Sookie’s shoulders.

    “What’s going on out here?”

    “Nothin’.” Alcide quickly said. “I’ll be seeing you, Sookie.”

    Bill watched as Alcide got into his car and drove off. He then turned Sookie towards him.

    “What’s going on?”

    Sookie took a deep breath and then spoke.

    “I read his thoughts. I think he’s become involved with Tara.”

    Bill blinked.

    “When? When would he have had time to have become involved with her? Between Eggs and Franklin...”

    “I don’t know! But I have a mind to go over to LaFayette’s and give her a good talking to!”

    Bill didn’t say anything, but it bothered him how much the idea of Tara and Alcide seemed to bother Sookie. And what really bothered him, was that he believed that Alcide was using Tara to be near Sookie.

    “Let’s just stay out of this, okay?” Bill asked softly, kissing her. He then pulled her back into the house.

                                                                          ****


    Franklin Mott was not thrilled to open the door to Bill Compton, with only two hours left until the sun came up.

    “Are you in need of a private investigator? Because if you’re not, sod off!”

    Bill put a hand against the door that Franklin was threatening to close.

    “You have a problem. And your problem, could become MY problem.”

    “I can’t imagine how we could have anything in common.” Franklin said. He rubbed his eyes. He didn’t know what it was, just a sense that maybe giving Tara a little time alone was a mistake. It was stressing him out and the last thing he wanted to look at, was Bill Compton!

    “This is about Tara. And someone that’s shown an interest in her.”

    Franklin rolled his eyes!

    “Eggs Talley doesn’t have time for love. He’s a wanted man.”

    Bill smiled at him.

    “You think I’m talking about Eggs?”

    Franklin stared at him for a long moment before speaking.

    “Who else would I be referring to? Or maybe the word is SHOULD?”

    “A werewolf named Alcide Herveaux. I don’t know how or when the whole relationship began...”

    “Get the fuck out of here! Tara is scared to death of having sex with anything that can grow an inch of hair all over it’s body or has a tail! Eggs transformed mid sex with her. There is no way she’d be caught dead or alive with a wolf. So I don’t know what kind of trouble you’re trying to start around here, but I definitely plan to mention it to Sookie...and Tara.”

    Bill never stopped smiling.

    “If you find that you can’t locate Tara, try Herveaux’s bed.” And with that, Bill turned and left. Franklin slammed the door! What horseshit rubbish! What kind of game was Mr. Bill Compton playing?

                                                                        ****

    The next morning, Tara parked in the employee area of Merlotte’s, then walked inside. She felt oddly okay on this morning, despite the fact that her life was falling apart.

    Or at least it felt that way.

    She nodded to Sam, who was behind the bar, and ignored Jason, who was sitting there.

    “Hey, Tara!” he called out to silence. Sam, who was wiping down the bar, peered at him.

    “What’s that all about?”

    “Well, we’re after Eggs now. She’s  mad is all.” Jason lied, then leaned forward. “So...you think maybe Tara would give me a chance?”

    “To what?” Sam asked, confused.

    “You know, to be together. To get into a relationship?”

    Sam dropped the cloth.

    “What the hell are you talking about, Stackhouse? Since when do you want to be in a relationship with Tara?”

    Jason’s eyes darted around. He nodded to Terry and Arlene as they walked in, then spoke.

    “Sam, I watched Tara fuck a vampire and werewolf at the same time! I realized I love her! I always have! And I was so hard watching them that I almost teared up! So, do you think she’d give me a chance?”

    Sam blinked in disbelief.

    “What you’re really saying is this you’d like to have sex with Tara, now that you’ve seen her screw? Look, Tara is in a bad place now. Just leave her alone.”

    Jason peered at him.

    “I didn’t ask you that shit! I asked if you thought...”

    “I know what you asked me! No, I don’t think Tara would go near you. And if I see you near her, I’m going to tell  her what you told me.”

    “Daaaaammmmnnnn!” Jason yelled out. Terry glanced over at them.

    “Keep your voice down!” Sam muttered.

    “Keep your voice down, my ass! Have you been with her? Is that why you’re trying to cock block me here?”

    “Jason, if that fucking vamp she’s seeing, finds out you’re sniffing around his woman, your cock will be more than ‘blocked’. Now leave her be.” Sam said, walking to the back. Tara had just put on an apron and was ready to come out, when Sam grabbed her arm and pushed her into his office, closing the door.

    “Uh, good morning to you too!” Tara said, looking him up and down.

    “You want to tell me how you ended up in jail a second night?”

    “Deputy Kenya hates me.”

    “And?”

    “It’s a long story. Can we talk later? I just want to forget yesterday.” Tara told him. Sam nodded but did not move.

    “Something else?”

    “Tara, I care. You know that. I just feel as if you’re moving too fast with all of these creatures.”

    “Oh...well, Eggs is gone. And it wouldn’t matter if he was here. I couldn’t be with him. I broke up with Franklin too. So everything will be back to normal in no time.” Tara told him gently slapping his cheek.

    The door opened and Sookie peered in, dressed in her uniform.

    “Hey, Sam! Tara, can I speak to you for a moment?”

    “Sure! Thanks Sam, for caring.” Tara said and followed Sookie out of the office and eventually outside. Sookie didn’t mince words.

    “I know you slept with Alcide.”

    Tara sighed.

    “He told you?”

    “I read his thoughts...which I wouldn’t have if he hadn’t been trying to pump me for information about you. Tara, what’s going on with you?”

    Tara shook her head, then sat down on the porch of Merlotte’s.

    “I don’t know. One moment Eggs is dead, then I’m trying to kill myself, I beat up two rednecks and enter into an affair with Franklin. I find out Eggs is alive, try and get back with him and am almost sodomized by the wild beast in him.  I end up in jail trying to run from him, end up screwing both Franklin and Eggs, then find out something terrible...and that’s how I ended up with Alcide.”

    “You know, I was thinking you needed a party or something. Now I think you just need to get away. To go somewhere. In fact, why don’t we go somewhere together? Just us girls?” Sookie suggested.

    Tara smiled at her.

    “That sounds like fun. Where do you want to go?”

    “Let’s go to Vegas. Bright lights in the desert.  What do you say?” Sookie asked. Tara smiled again.

    “It sounds like a plan. Of course Sam won’t be too happy about letting us off.”

    “I’m going in now to handle Sam.” Sookie said, squeezing her arm. Tara’s smile dimmed as Sookie went inside. Would a trip really restore her life back to normal, if it ever was?

    “The only bright lights you’ll be seein’, BITCH,  is from inside my car trunk!!”

    Tara was about to turn around, when Debbie Pelt hit her in the back of the head with a shovel. Then, dragging her backwards towards her car, Debbie picked Tara up and tossed her into her trunk, slamming it closed. If Tara Thornton and not Sookie Stackhouse, was the key to getting back at Alcide, for making her life miserable, then so be it.