Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


It felt like they'd kissed for hours, when it was only mere seconds. Her tongue danced with his in a rhythm that was slow, sensual, and familiar. It was the only thing familiar.  Billy's hand moved over Lily's back, and down her spine to end at the curve of her butt. He massaged and kneaded, pulling her closer to him, while his mouth continued to explore her sweet depths.

Lily felt hot, her body was on fire, and her nipples were hard nubs straining against the lace material of her bra. She needed to feel him. She wanted to feel his skin against hers, to feel his hardness against her softness. She moved closer, and began rubbing her breasts against his chest. She smiled, when she heard him groan at the sensation. The friction was wonderful, but it wasn't enough. She wanted more.

Lily nipped Billy's lip, before pulling away. She stared down into his lust filled blue eyes and felt...powerful.  It was wonderful, this feeling of power, that almost felt foreign to her outside of the office. She supposed it was because she hadn't felt it outside of the corporate arena in years. Nick looked at her with lust in his eyes, but somehow even if she initiated sex, he was always in control. It was as if he kept a part of himself from her.  While Billy...Billy fully opened himself up to her. He could take control, and yet from the moment she'd entered His domain, he had left everything up to her. Oh, he was by no means submissive, but she felt his total surrender to her, just as she had to him. They were equals in this, no matter what happened this night. She and Billy were both responsible.

"I like the way you look at me," She said taking one of his hand and placing it on her breast. She moaned, when he pinched the extended nub.

"Do you?" he asked leaning forward he licked a nipple through her white cotton shirt.

"Yes," she breathed arching into to him. His tongue slid back and forth over the bud, making it harder and harder, while his hands made their way under shirt. His hands were warm against her skin. The soft tips of his fingers slid up and down her spine causing a tingling sensation that grew in the pit of her stomach. "Hmm," she moaned, as she reached behind her to remove his hands from her back.

Billy looked up from her breast confused. Had she changed her mind? The sultry look in her eyes said no, that she was just as hot as he was. And he was very hot. He was happy that he wasn't wearing restricting material like jeans, which could have been painful. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been this aroused. As if she could read his mind, Lily ran her palm over the tent of his pants, before finding his circumference and easing her hand down his length.

Billy closed his eyes as she stroked him up and down. She held him tight within her palms, fist clenched, squeezing slightly as she drove him insane. "Lily," he breathed, "I...Oh God." His eyes flew open, when he felt something wet on his shaft. He'd been so dazed that he hadn't felt her move. She was staring at him in a way that he'd never witnessed before. There was a sensual confidence in her eyes, one that hadn't been there only minutes ago. She's seemed sure, and her skills were testament to that, but this look...the way she looked at him...was new.

"Vodka," she said. "I wonder if you can make it taste better."

Billy was about to reply, but stopped, when she stood up, and in one fluid movement removed her shirt, and dropped it on the floor. Billy's eyes ate up every exposed inch of her. "Stunning, you are absolutely stunning," he said in awe of her delectable physic.

She smiled, "You're not so bad yourself." Without warning, and with the same fluid movement, her jeans were off and discarded on the floor. She didn't give him a chance to examine her, but grabbed the decanter of vodka, and walked out of the room without a backward glance.

Billy sat stunned for about a millisecond, before he jumped off the couch, grabbed the bottle of Cristal and followed Lily, to where, he didn't know and simply didn't care.  

***

Billy yawned, and reached over to touch Lily, but found the spot vacant. He frowned, where was she? How had she gotten up without him feeling her move? The last thing he remembered before finally falling into a deep restful sleep, after their third time making love, was kissing her forehead as she lay against his chest.   "Lily," he said, shifting from his stomach on to his back, where he froze at the sight that greeted him.

Lily was standing at the foot of his bed bent over. Billy licked his lips at her delectable caramel rear. He sat up, with a smile on his face. She didn't have much of an ass, but what she did have was spectacular. A man could get used to waking up to a view like this. Billy was about to call her back to bed, until he noticed that she was sliding on her jeans. He frowned. It had never crossed his mind that she would be getting dressed. She hadn't even woken him up. Could Lily have been attempting to sneak out? He wanted to shake the thought away, but he'd called her and she hadn't responded. "Lily," he said again, his voice much harder than he intended it to be.

Lily heard his call, she'd heard both, but she continued her task, loathe to turn around, because they needed to talk, and she wanted to be fully clothed for their discussion. What she was about to do, went against everything she felt, but it had to be done. She needed her life back in order, and Billy being around wasn't going to help that.  

"I know you heard me," Billy said slightly annoyed. Was she trying to pretend that last night hadn't happened?

"I did," she said nonchalantly. She reached for her shirt, slid it over her head and turned around.

Gorgeous, she was absolutely gorgeous. Her hair was wild and looked as if someone had been pulling on it all night. Billy smirked, he had. Her lips were swollen, her face glowed, and her eyelids were slightly hooded. She looked like a woman who'd been truly and thoroughly loved. "If you heard me, then why didn't you turn around?"

"Billy," she purred walking to the bed with a swing in her hips. "I wanted to finish my task first." She sat down next to him on the bed, leaning in she placed a lingering kiss on his lips. "I have to go home." She said against his lips.

"No, you don't," he growled, pulling her into his arms he ravaged her willing mouth. She tasted of mint toothpaste and mouthwash. Someone had been out of bed for a while, she even smelt fresh.  "You've been busy."

"I just took care of the bare necessities. I can't return home to Nick with your scent on me." She said casually. She didn't feel casual. She was an adulterous. She'd broken her vows and she didn't regret a single moment of it. At the moment her marriage was like a rock in the middle of a lake, and she'd just tossed an anchor on top of it.   

Billy sat back. "I thought you said you didn't know where home was? Did something happen in the...Oh I don't know, twenty or so minutes you've been awake?" He asked sarcastically. They'd had the best sex he'd ever experienced in his entire life. His body was still thrumming, and the room still held the essence of their love making. He didn't understand how she could be so nonchalant about the entire thing.

She sighed, which irked him.

"Nick is probably worried about me. I always call if I'm not going to come home." Actually, she'd never spent a night away from home, without informing Nick first. No matter how tired she'd been after a long night at the office, she always went home.

"You weren't thinking about Nick last night."

"Actually, I was," she said.

Before she could even blink, Billy grabbed her forearm in a tight grip. "Are you telling me that you were thinking about Nick while..."  He trailed off, too angry to get the words out.

Lily had never seen Billy this angry. Not even after she'd lied in her office, when she told him she'd been thinking about Nick when she kissed him. Billy hadn't been as angry as he was now. His eyes were a color of the sea after a savage storm, pulsating with a rage more dangerous than a tidal wave.  She knew he would never hurt her, and he hadn't grabbed her hard enough to where it caused her pain. If anything she knew that she'd hurt him.

"I didn't mean it like that," she said gently. She didn't want to hurt him, but they were not the same people they were in high school. She'd moved on with her life...or at least she'd tried to and she needed to for him to do the same.   

He let her go. "Then what exactly did you mean?" he bit off. He needed to calm down. He wasn't a violent man, but the idea that she would make love to him, while thinking about Nick, tapped into a side of him that he hadn't known existed. Deep down he knew that she still belonged to him, as much as he belonged to her. But it wasn't easy to remember, when everything was so new.

"Earlier, at the office," she said by way of explanation. "From the moment I told the driver to bring me here. You were the only person I thought about. Billy last night was...amazing and wonderful. It was one of the best nights of my life." She said, and stood.  

"It was one of the best nights of your life, but you want to return to the bleak misery of your ‘home'" he said making quotations with his fingers. "We connected on a level that went beyond anything that either of us has ever experienced. I felt you last night. I felt you come alive underneath me. I felt your soul stir, as you once again you gave yourself completely over to me."

"And I did," she said. "I gave myself to you completely, but it doesn't change anything."

"Oh really," he said.

"No, Billy, it doesn't change anything. Last night was a one time thing. It will not happen again." She said staring down at him. He looked yummy. His dirty blonde locks were sticking up all over his head and he had a light five o'clock shadow that made him look slightly dangerous. She licked her lips.   

Billy nearly groaned as he watched her tongue slide over her full bottom lip. He needed to get her back in his bed, yesterday. "Really?" he asked, and stood.

Lily looked down at the covers that lay discarded on the bed, and then to Billy, who was standing before her naked as the day he was born. Her eyes trailed down the smooth contours of his chest. Billy didn't have a six pack hard body, but he was still solid muscle. He had firm hard muscular thighs and what lay beneath them was thing of beauty. He wasn't exceptionally large or small, slightly above average would be her best guess, but Billy's love making skills were beyond measure. If a man could get a PHD in sex, Billy would graduate summa cum laude.

"I think it was more than a one time thing. Lily we had sex several times last night, in almost every position you can do without using the Karma Sutra as a guide," he said, stalking forward.

 She wasn't going to move, yes, her body was tingling, but she wouldn't let him know it. She wouldn't let him know how badly she wanted to crawl back into bed and make love to him until she forgot her name. To let him hold her, and tell her that everything was going to be okay. That she could run away from her problems, from her husband, and no one would think she was a coward. "Billy," she said folding her arms under her breasts, "I meant the entirety of last night, not each separate event."

He stopped in front her, "So what was the point? You just wanted a pick me up? Did you and Mini Victor have a fight?"

"Yes, but that had nothing to do with you. I don't know why I came over here last night, but I assure you, that having sex with you was the furthest thing from my mind." She replied holding his eyes, which was damn hard, because they wanted to stray lower.

"Tiger you've never been a good liar. You came over to my house, at night, with a bottle of expensive champagne, and sex never once entered that pretty little delusional head of yours?"

"I," Lily started to speak, but stopped. It was the truth, maybe somewhere in her subconscious she'd wanted to have sex with Billy. It wasn't as if he hadn't initiated the entire thing with his reappearance in town, so it wasn't her fault that her body and mind were not of one accord. "Fine, I wanted to have sex with you and I did, end of story."

Billy wasn't sure what to make of Lily at this moment. She seemed so blasé about the entire situation, when there wasn't anything blasé about it. He should probably put on some clothes, because he was beginning to feel slightly silly having an argument in the nude with a woman who was fully clothed.

As if she could read his mind, she turned to the bench at the end his bed, picked up his boxers and tossed them to him.

Billy caught the underwear, and tossed them on the bed. "I'm good, but if you're feeling uncomfortable, you might want to remove a few items of clothing."

"I'm fine, it's not as you have something I haven't seen before." She watched his hands ball into fist. Point for her.

"Since we're both fine, let's get back to the matter at hand."

"Billy there is no matter at hand. We had sex, it was great, hell it was amazing, but that is all it was."

Billy had been waiting for last night for seven years, and there was no way in hell that he would let her pretend that it didn't meant anything. "Cut the shit TL, when you and I both know what this is about."

"Really, please I'm all ears."

"You're afraid. Being with me scares you. You have your nice mundane life with your idiot husband, who kisses your ass...well when he has time to." He smiled, when he saw her tense. He shouldn't have enjoyed that, but he did. She was hurting him in ways that he never thought possible. "You would rather stay here in your comfortable little bubble than take a chance on us again."

"Oh my god, you are amazing! I mean you really figured me out." She shook her head. "News flash Billy, and please pay attention, because I don't want you to miss anything. My life, and the decisions that I've made, have not been because of you. If I choose to stay with Nick it will be because I want to, and if I leave Nick it will be because I," she pointed at her chest, "chose to. You will have no bearing on the decisions I make, when it comes to my marriage." Lily didn't realize what a brilliant actress she was until that moment.

Billy slowly clapped his hands, "That was a pretty good speech, and I'm sure you think that's true, but we both know...well maybe deep down you know, that your marriage to Nick had everything to do with me."

"Argh," Lily said. She wanted to scream. Why couldn't he just let this go, let her go? "You know what Billy, you can believe whatever the hell you want to believe, but it doesn't change a thing. Last night wasn't the beginning of something."

"Then what was it?"

"It was the end...of us." Lily said, not taking her eyes from his. "I want you to leave."

"Excuse me?" Billy asked trying to recover from the blow her words had dealt him. He felt like she'd physically hit him in the gut with a sledgehammer.

"I want you to leave Genoa City."

Billy was certain that he'd misunderstood her. She couldn't be..."You want me to leave Genoa City-my home, the place where my family is?"

"Billy, you didn't have any intention of staying in Genoa City, so please don't play the martyr. It doesn't suit you."

"Wow, the tiger's claws are out, and they are very sharp. My back still stings from their assault last night."

Lily ignored the comment, "Leave Genoa City."

"That sounded like a command. And I am very sure that you would never command me to do anything. But regardless if you did, I'm not going anywhere. My leaving would make it too easy for you. How does the old adage go," he paused to think, "Oh yeah, out of sight, out of mind?"

"Why is it so important for you to stay now? You didn't seem to care seven years ago, when I was ready and willing to follow you to the ends of the earth. You had to go out and find yourself. And yet, you believe that you can just waltz back into my life as if nothing happened?" She said, and felt little satisfaction, when saw his jaw twitch.

"And here I thought that my actions had nothing to do with you life. If what you say is true, then why do you want me to leave?"

I don't want you to leave. I need you to leave, thought Lily. "You once told me that you would do anything that I asked. Do you remember that? You seem to remember everything else."

Billy didn't respond. Of course he remembered it, and he'd known that one day, he would regret it.

"I am asking you to leave Genoa City," Lily said, "you are either a man of your word, or you're not. My Billy was a man of his word. If any part of him still lives inside of you, then you will prove it to me," she walked forward invading his personal space. Looking up, she stood on her tip toes and placed a light kiss against his frozen lips, before stepping back, "and do what I want you to do." She said and turned to leave.

"If I leave, and that's a big if, because hell, I'm not Your Billy. Remember TL," he said, watching the confusion pass over her face at his words. "That night in the field, when I told you that no one could love you more than I did." He saw the moment she remembered, and felt a twinge of gratification by the sadness he saw pass through her eyes. "I gave the man that I was to you that night, and every day that I spent away from you, it was as if more and more of him left me to find the piece that lives in you."

Lily could feel her heartbeat speeding up. She felt hot, as if she was standing in a furnace, and the smoke was making her eyes water. She opened her eyes wide, to keep the tears at bay. She wouldn't cry, she couldn't cry, if he saw... No she had to leave, because she couldn't hold them back, every memory they'd ever shared in the field began flooding her mind. This was so unfair. Why had he left, and why, after she'd moved on, had he decided to return? Her mother would have told her that life was unfair. And it was, so very fucking unfair. "I have to go," she said quickly and reached for the door.

"You asked me," Billy said taking a few steps forward. "If I leave, remember that this time, you asked me."

Blinking three times, and swallowing hard, Lily turned back to look at him one last time, before leaving his room. She stopped in the living room, picked up her purse, slid on her flip flops, and left his apartment as a duet of tears slid simultaneously from her eyes.

***

Billy wasn't in the best of moods, and he sure as hell wasn't in the mood to deal with his brother, who sitting across the conference room table from him, demanding to know what was going on with Symphonic Smells. This might have been a good time to tell Jack the truth about his involvement with the company, but he just didn't feel like it.

"Did you know that Sharon was the CEO?" asked Jack.

"Yes," Billy said tiredly. He should have stayed home. He'd never tried it, but he wondered if gorging on an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's would have been as gratifying as women made it out to be.

"You knew, and you didn't tell me." Jack said, a vein bulging in his forehead.

"Jack," Billy said between clenched teeth, "I told you that I had everything under control and I meant it." His eyes bore into Jack's across the small conference room table. "You either trust in my ability to get this shit done or you don't. Either way, at the moment I really don't give a fuck." With that Billy stood, and left the room without a backward glance.

***

The Jabot employees kept a careful distance from Billy as he walked back to his office. The gossip had already spread that the usually charming young Master Abbott was in a foul mood today. It was evident to the security guy Charles at the front desk, who'd passed the news on the minute Mr. Abbot passed the security check point on his way into the office that morning. The news spread from the receptionist, to the mail boy, who'd delivered the mail and the news to just about every low level employee at Jabot, who then delivered it to their superiors, who made it a point to avoid Mr. Abbott at any cost. However, less than fifteen minutes ago it seemed as if the older Mr. Abbott didn't have the same qualms as the rest of the office. It might have been because neither Abbott was in a particularly good mood, and from the looks of things, nothing had changed.  It did not come as a surprise to any of the assistants to see the younger Mr. Abbott leaving the office not long after he'd entered.

"Mr. Abbott," Davie the assistant called as Billy approached his desk. "You have a..."

"Not now," Billy said in dismissal, as he continued past Davie into his office. He wasn't in the mood to hear what his assistant had to say. God he missed Jemma. He couldn't wait to return to his office in London. Unfortunately he wouldn't be returning anytime soon. What the hell was he going to do about Lily? His tiger thought she had the upper hand, but she would soon find out how wrong she was. He wanted to be there, when her world came crashing down around her- only to give her someone to lean on, but it wasn't going to happen if he did as she wanted, and left. He sighed, as he walked into his office.

"I hear you're not having a good day," asked a voice from one of the wing chairs in Billy's office. "Good, I'm not having one either.

Billy's head jerked up. The lines around his mouth that were once tight loosened into his famous lazy smile. "My day is no better or worse than any other." His voice sounded light, but inside he was anything but. "But I am sorry that your day sucks or should I say your life."

"To say my life sucks would be taking it to the extreme," the voice said rising form the chair and turning to face Billy. "I do have an extremely beautiful wife, who loves and adores me."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you had a wife," Billy said. "Who are you married to again?" He asked feigning ignorance.

"Oh come one Billy, I think you know who my wife is."

Billy placed a finger against his chin and pretended to think. "Hmm, does she have blonde hair and blue eyes?"

Nick clenched his fists, that son of bitch. "You know damn well who my wife is." Nick spat taking a step toward Billy, who was standing next to his desk.  

"Oh, are we done with the pretenses already? Come one little Victor, you can do better than this. I can keep this up for hours," Billy said, still smiling. It was taking everything in him to keep his cool, when he wanted to rage at Nick for the way he'd treated Lily. Billy knew it wasn't his place, but that didn't mean he didn't want to knock Nick on his ass. Besides, after last night, he knew that once Nick found out about him and Lily, he'd get the opportunity to do just that. The thought oddly put a bigger smile on his face.

Nick didn't like the way Billy was smiling at him. It was as if he knew something that he didn't. Nick didn't want to think about what that could be at this moment. This meeting between him and Billy was long overdue, and Sharon's reappearance in his life made it extremely necessary. "Billy I know that you like to play the clown, but I haven't been to the circus in years, so let's get straight to the point."

Crossing his arms over his chest, Billy gave an exaggerated sigh. He chose to ignore Nick's jab. It had about as much of an impact as a fly attacking a watermelon.

"I don't know why you returned to town, but whatever the reason, you need to leave my wife out of it."

"And who is your wife again?" Billy held up his hand when Nick made to speak. "Hey, now you never answered the question."

Nick could feel his temper rising. Everything was always a fucking joke to Billy. He was not going to play around with him, especially not when it came to Lily. "Do you have designs on my wife? And let's not pretend that you don't know who she is, but if it will speed this conversation along well then..."

"Is she short, but with long caramel legs that seem to go on for days?" He asked thoughtfully. "Do her eyes change from dark to light depending on her mood, and does her soft curly hair smell like the purest vanilla on the planet?" Billy looked at Nick, whose eyes looked like emeralds. Nick was mad. He was real mad.

"Stay the fuck away from Lily," Nick said through gritted teeth. He wanted to kick Billy's ass, but this wasn't the time or the place. He couldn't believe how Billy had described her. He sounded like a man who knew his wife intimately. Nick had known that Lily wasn't a virgin when they'd married, but he liked to pretend that he was her first, and that Billy didn't count. She had been a child when she and Billy had dated. What did a young teenage girl really know about love?

"Lily," Billy said her name with reverence. "Is she your wife? I didn't think she was married. I can't imagine any man not being available to his wife, whenever she needs him," Billy said, the smile gone from his face. "Every time I saw her, she was either alone, or with CC and Kate."

"Are you trying to steal my wife?"

"It takes more than a certificate from a courthouse to be a husband." Billy said taking a step towards Nick. "But to answer you question. No, I'm not here to steal your wife." He took another step forward. "Lily is not a piece of meat to be stolen. She makes her own decisions. If she leaves you, it will be because she realized that you weren't worthy of her."

"And you think you are, you, the boy who abandoned her?"

"I will never be worthy of her, and yes I was a boy then, a very easily manipulated boy, wasn't I Nick?"

"Very," said Nick with more confidence that he felt. The room was hot. Nick wanted to pull off his tie, and undo the top button on his shirt, but he couldn't. He was so sure that Billy would have never put two and two together, but looking in to his dark blue eyes. Nick knew that he had.

"A twenty-one year old, fresh out of college- a year earlier than he planned- had his entire life a head of him. He hadn't seen very much of the world outside of Genoa City and the walls of his boarding school. He listened to an older man, well not much older, who'd gone away, and experienced the world and all of its delights. He'd had made it all seem like something that men were supposed to do. Especially when you're rich, and the entire world lay panting at your feet. Why settle down in a serious relationship, when you're young, and have yet to taste the exotic part of life." Billy said. "Did I miss something?" he asked Nick, who stared at him in shock. "You're surprised that I remembered. Oh yeah, I remember everything, especially the moment when I realized that my sabbatical was means to an end."

"You chose to leave." Nick said. Billy wasn't going to blame his departure on him. He had enough issues to worry about in his marriage, Billy leaving town was not going to be another.

"And I take full responsibility for it, which is why I haven't told her." Billy said. "I'm sure she would love to know, just how you manipulated yourself into her life, while you pretended that you were such an understanding guy, when the entire time, you were still fucking your ex-girlfriend." There it was, all of it, now it was time to let the cards fall where they may.

Nick's chest tightened. How could Billy know about Sharon? Could he be behind her reappearance in Genoa City? Jabot was in competition for the company a long with Newman. Billy would have to be more involved in Symphonic Smells than either he or anyone else knew, including Jack. No, that didn't make any sense. And yet he knew, deep within his gut that Billy knew Sharon had returned to town. The timing was just too perfect for it to be a coincidence. "You son of a bitch," Nick said taking a step forward. He and Billy were standing two steps away from each other.

"No, I think that would be your son. Sharon is a bitch, but I wouldn't change a thing about her."

"How did you...?" Nick couldn't get the words out. He could feel his world closing in on him with each word Billy spoke.

"Know about Noah? Well, I had my assistant do a thorough research on the company. From your reaction, it's obvious that she did a better job than whoever did Newman's research." It was lie, one that wouldn't hold long, but now wasn't the time. He may have laid the cards on the table, but he'd yet to call out his hand. Billy was going to flush his ass, but he would let Nick pull the handle first.

"What happens between Sharon and I is between the two of us."

"See now that's were you're wrong," Billy said in a low even voice. "It became my business the moment you dragged Lily into the middle of it." He should have said something years ago, but he hadn't, and he hoped that she forgave him for it.

"The issues in my marriage are between me," Nick said pointing at his chest, "and my wife."

Nick's word reminded Billy of the words Lily had spoken to him this morning. As much as it pained Billy to admit it, he knew that they both were right. Fuck, he knew what he was going to have to do. "You're right, it is. I just can't imagine what Lily is going to say, when Sharon tells her." He wouldn't be the bearer of bad news, but Sharon would, if Billy didn't stop her. Sharon would do whatever she wanted to do. Billy trusted her to do her part, and to handle the situation, however she saw fit, after all it was her son, and her revenge.

"Sharon will do whatever I tell her."

Billy laughed. It was a real laugh, god Nick was a tool. "Oh Nick, that's the funniest shit I've heard in years. Sharon will do whatever you tell her?" Billy shook his head and walked around his desk, where he sat in his chair. "Yeah, I suppose you also believe that a three hundred pound man squeezes his ass down a chimney to deliver toys made by elves." Billy chuckled.

Nick slapped his hands down hard on Billy's desk, and leaned forward. "I am not a fucking joke."

"No Nick, just your life, or what's soon to be left of it, after Hurricane Sharon is through with you." Billy said, leaning forward in his chair. "Now, if you will excuse me, I have to make arrangements to leave town."

Nick stood up surprised, "You're...you're leaving town."

"Yes," for a while, Billy added silently. He'd been putting off visiting his other business ventures in order to stay in Lily's orbit. This was the perfect time for him to go away. Lily wanted him to leave and he was going to oblige her. "So get the fuck out my office."

 Nick glared at Billy for a second before turning to leave.

"And as for your earlier question," Billy said, causing Nick stop and turn around. "You wanted to know if I was here to steal your wife." The room was still, the circulating air paused in anticipation for Billy's next words, but he waited a full minute before continuing. "Nick, I can't steal someone, who was never yours to begin with." With that Billy retrieved his silver balls from his pocked with one had, and picked up the phone's receive other.

Nick stood  there for a few seconds. If Billy had looked up, he would have seen the hard look in Nick eyes, before he turned and stormed out of the office.

The minute Billy realized Nick was gone, he sat back and closed his eyes, as the phone rang.

"Billy," said Jemma.

"I need you to make travel arrangements," Billy said, his eyes were still closed, as he thought about his conversation with Lily. He really didn't want to do this, but since she wanted him gone, well then...deuces.



 






Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading.