Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Four

“Yo Mandy, lemme holla at you for a second.” I heard from behind me. Turning to face the person speaking to me, my heart shot through my chest when I saw it was Trey beckoning me over to him. My initial thought was to run but I couldn’t bring my feet to partake in the action. Instead, I stood there dumbly for a few seconds before slowly trudging over to him.

Is this some type of joke? I asked myself. He never talked to me unless I was with Tatiana, other than that, he’d say hello at the least and go on about his business. This was definitely a change in events.

“Hey.” I spoke just above a whisper. I barely heard myself but surprisingly, he did.

“Wassup?” He greeted before pulling me into a hug. I always knew Trey to be a physical person but this was so new to me. Having him go from ignoring me completely to joking around and giving me hugs is almost overwhelming.

“Nothing.” I answered before pulling away from him. I said a quick prayer in hopes that he neither felt nor heard my overactive heartbeats. He gazed at me for a second before rubbing his hands together, biting down on his bottom lip. That single action nearly sent me into cardiac arrest.

“You still on tomorrow night, right?” He asked as I frowned deeply, drawing my eyebrows close together. “Don‘t tell me you forgot.” He frowned as he spoke in a knowing tone. I continued to frown until I suddenly remembered the party. The one I was supposed to find an excuse for not going to.

“Uh…” I stalled.

“Uh nothing, you better come.” He said with a smirk. I smiled at his words and nodded. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. I really had no other choice being that I had since last Tuesday to come up with an excuse, but failed to do so, due to my laziness and forgetfulness.

“I guess I can come.” I told him softly.

“That‘s what I like to hear.” He said with a soft chuckle. Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out his vibrating phone and pressed a button, answering it.

“Hello?” He answered. The incoherent voice began to speak hurriedly as Trey listened attentively. The longer the person spoke, the more vexed his features became and not before long, his jaw was bunched and his breathing picked up. Taking his angry look as my cue to slip away, I began to turn to walk off.

“Hold on.” Trey said to the person on the phone. Just as I was about to take my second to third step, his arm snaked around my waist, freezing me dead in my tracks.

OH EM GEE!!! I screamed inside of my head. Before now, I had only dreamed about this moment, and here I was living it.

“Wait a minute, bay.” He said before pulling me closer to him. I was nearly one with his skin and my soul was on cloud nine as I inhaled his scent. He smelt heavily of Tag Body Spray and I had the privilege of inhaling his scent until my nose fell off.

The closing of his phone violently snapped me from my thoughts. He moved his hands northward from my waist to my shoulders. “Give me your number.” He ordered, opening his phone once again. I swallowed the large lump in my throat and stared at everything but him.

Don’t you hate when your mind plays tricks on you and you forget the simplest things? Faced with an internal crisis, I said the only thing I could say, “I forgot it.” I chuckled nervously. I wanted to shoot myself in the head for that one.

“You forgot it?” He asked with a glimmer of amusement trickling in his orbs.

“I don‘t have to dial it so, yeah.” I said as he laughed out loud. His laughter lifted a ton of weight off my shoulders, helping me to relax. That must have been what I needed because as soon as he laughed, the numbers came flooding into my head.

“Can‘t you remember for me?” He asked with a small pout. Then and there was when I wanted him most.

“Um, it‘s (305)-851-2276.” I told him, happy as hell that I didn’t forget it completely. Typing deftly with one hand, he entered my number before closing his phone for the last time and easing it back into its final resting place, which was his back pocket.

“I have to go, but I‘ll call you later on. If not, I‘ll call you tomorrow to let you know when I‘m coming to get you.” He said as my jaw nearly hit the floor.

“Wait, I thought I was going with Tati.”

“She‘s riding with Jarell and he has a car full so it’s just me and you baby.” He explained, flashing a wide smile at me. Now, I really didn’t want to go. If I had to be alone and with Trey, I’d lose my damn mind. This whole meeting right here had my heart fluttering, imagine what it would do once he came by to pick me up…alone.

“Okay.” I spoke softly, wondering what in the hell I’ve gotten myself into.

“It‘s okay, I won‘t bite…unless you want me to.” He joked with a malignant smirk playing about his features. I laughed breathlessly and shook my head at him. Oh how I wanted him to nibble all over my body. I quickly admonished myself for thinking that and snapped out of it with a shake of my head, which Trey took as, me answering his statement.

“You know you want this.” He said with a laugh. Blushing profusely, I turned my head and shook it lightly. “I‘ll talk to you later, mama.” He said, hugging me briefly before leaving in the opposite direction. Since my house was in plain view, I didn’t have too far to go before I was walking through the door.

“Aw, my baby is finally making friends.” My mom cooed once I got into the house. I frowned at her and wrinkled my nose.

“What?” I asked innocently.

“I saw you out there with Tremaine; you two looked so cute.” She spoke with a wide smile. “I think he‘d make a wonderful boyfriend.”

“Ma! It‘s not even like that.” I corrected, not wanting my wide smile to seep through any further. The way she assumed things was abhorrent at times and embarrassing. Other times, I found it quite funny. She was always the type that stuck their foot far down their throats.

“Sure…” She said as I let out a peal of laughter. When she walked out of the living room and into the kitchen, I excused myself and went straight to my room. I was still stuck on the fact that I’d be with Trey…alone. My mind refused to believe the whole ordeal. At least I had a heads up and won’t be put on the spot when the time came. The thought of me coming outside only to find Trey by his lonesome would freak me the hell out. I’d seriously break a body part just so I wouldn’t have to be faced with the turmoil.

It was something about having a crush that made your entire body act weird. The increased heart rate was the main symptom. The sweaty palms and the stammering came in second and third whereas your mind shutting down came in fourth. I secretly thanked God that it was Trey and not Jarell. Had it been him picking me up, I’d die. I can see the headlines as of now: “Local Teen Dies of a Heart Attack Due to an Overbearing Crush” and “Relentless Crush Takes on Bimbo Teenage Girl”. I’ve NEVER said a mumbling word to Jarell in my life. Imagine how awkward a car ride alone with him would be like. At least I could talk to Trey…even if my heart pumped rabidly the entire time.


I must have changed my outfit a billion and one times before I finally settled with something I considered decent enough and within the guidelines of my dignity. Since the weather was hot this particular night, I decided not to wear my normal jeans and t-shirt. Instead, I opted for a dark blue denim skirt that stopped mid thigh; one that wasn’t too hoochie but not too homey either. My yellow halter-top that tied around my neck, covered me enough to leave some images to the imagination. I wore my hair in a simple ponytail on top of my head with half of my hair out in the back. A few pieces I wore as a bang hung down in my face. My attire wasn’t the best, just casual; something I’d wear on the weekends.

Slipping into my yellow sandals, I grabbed my I.D. and cell phone and stuffed them comfortably in my bra, along with my money. I hated taking a purse to a party or any social gathering simply because people didn’t know how to keep their hands in their own pockets.

I grabbed the watermelon flavored Blow Pop I was sucking on earlier and unwrapped it before throwing it into my mouth. I swear, having one of these was like having an orgasm in your mouth, only with saliva and not sperm.

Lights from outside shined brightly into my living room window as I came down the stairs. My mom ran in from the kitchen, wiping her hands in her jeans and peeped through the window.

“He‘s here!” She sang, before coming up to me with a wide grin, holding onto my shoulders. I laughed at her giddiness and froze when I heard the doorbell ring. Now was when I wished the most that I drove myself to the party. Then again, I was bad with directions and hated to drive at night.

“Ma, stop it.” I said shooing her hands as they roamed all over me, smoothing down my shirt and hair and ridding me of any type of imperfection I may have held.

“Okay.” She cooed before answering the door. She stepped outside and gave Trey a hug before coming back in with him on her heels. I nearly broke my lollipop in half when I saw how good he looked.

Decked out in an all black Tupac shirt with some black jeans and matching black forces, he emerged in the doorframe, looking good enough to eat. I could smell his cologne from where I stood and could only imagine how that smell would intensify once I moved in closer to him.

He paused for a moment and took in my features before the corners of his mouth curled into his well-known, infamous smirk. My heart melted into a pool of blood, resting down in the bottom of my foot. If my mother wasn’t in the room, and if I had enough courage, I’d take him right there.

Rubbing his hands together, his tongue ran across his bottom lip and his eyes dimmed, emitting a smoky glaze that screamed ‘bedroom’. My nerves were unwinding into wiggly worms, knowing that I was the center of his world right now. After a while of us staring each other down, he finally spoke up.

“You look beautiful.” He complimented in his normal baritone voice. The comment made my head swim and my cheeks flushed that famous crimson red color. I wanted to say something but my lips were super-glued shut. Instead of responding verbally, I simply smiled at his words.

“Trey, you get more handsome every time I see you.” My mother said. Trey smiled at her comment and thanked her, never taking his eyes off me. My eyes roamed around the room, mainly staring at the carpeted floor to avoid his intense gaze.

“I meant to thank you for that plate.” He said. Even as he spoke, he had yet to take his eyes off me, making me feel terribly uncomfortable.

“No problem baby.” She told him before turning to look at me. I stared that the both of them with a coy look about my face before smiling softly.

“What?” I asked sheepishly. Trey smirked at me and my mom just cooed.

“Yall have fun, and Trey…make sure she doesn‘t drink or smoke, or have sex.”

“Ma!” I retorted as Trey laughed at her. If looks could kill, I’d be one parent away from becoming an orphan. She smiled sweetly and walked over to me, pushing my cemented body over to Trey.

“Have her back by two…three at the latest since she‘s with you.” She told him. On the weekends, my curfew was normally two, since I barely went anywhere. During the week, I had to be in at twelve, one at the latest. Whenever I was out with older company or family, she was pretty lenient on the time. She wasn’t as strict as my dad. My dad wanted me in at eleven, no later than twelve; no matter the day of the week or whom I was with.

Taking my hand in his, Trey led me outside to his candy red Mustang. I didn’t know he even had a car since he always rode around with Jarell. Surprisingly, he opened my door and waited for me to get in before closing it behind me and getting in on the driver’s side.

“I didn‘t even know you had a car.” I told him once we backed out of my driveway. I was the first to say something because I’d rather my heart race from talking to him than for it to race in silence. At least with him talking, he wouldn’t hear it slam against my ribcage.

“I just got it earlier this week. I had some stuff put in it so I picked it earlier today.” He told me. I nodded and ran my hand along the panel on the door. The inside was black as the night sky. Since being around Trey, I’ve learned that both he and Jarell were huge fans of the color black and red. Those happened to be Stratford colors and my favorite as well.

“Red and black are my two favorite colors.” I commented. “It‘s beautiful.” I said referring to the car in its entirety. What he said next made my neck snap in his direction, causing me to obtain whiplash.

“Just like you, baby girl.” He said, bringing forth a blush from deep within my cheeks.

“Thank you.” I stated, shyly.

“No problem.” He said glancing at me briefly before smiling and turning back to the road. Remembering I had a lollipop, I brought it up to my lips and savored the sweet artificial flavor of watermelon.

“Did Tati tell you she planned this?” He asked with a small smirk playing around the corners of his mouth. Taking the lollipop from my mouth, it made a kissing sound, bringing me to lick my lips before focusing fully on him. His eyes were fixed on my lips which made me blush, yet again.

“No…plan what?” I asked.

“Me coming to get you. She was going to send Jarell but I told her I’d do it…then she asked why I wanted to do it and heckled me until I told her the truth.” He said, leaving the conclusion of the story unattended.

“What was the truth?” I found myself asking question before I could stop myself. Me and my big mouth.

“I told her that I liked you.” He stated boldly. At that moment, everything around me came to a screeching halt and my mind began running backwards on the treadmill it seemed to be on whenever he or Jarell was around. Oh my God!!!


Not knowing what to say, I brought the delectable sweet back to my lips and paused before inserting it into my mouth. He seemed to be watching me the entire time, causing me to suck on it as innocently as possible, trying not to put any dirty thoughts in his head about me.

The look in his hazy eyes told me that I did everything but.

In fact, the small smirk he held as he watched my movements let me know that I’d actually heightened his imagination without even trying. Way to go Mandy.

Pulling onto the street filled with random cars, we were greeted by a crowd full of people. As Trey spoke to someone on the phone, I concluded that it was Jarell. The mentioning of his name proved my accusations true.

Stepping out of the car, Trey held my door open and helped me out, closing the door and locking it with his keypad. Surprisingly, he wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him as we made our way through the people infested parking lot. Instead of going towards the house, we went further down the street, walking up on Jarell’s car.

As soon as Trey called out to Jarell, six pairs of eyeballs, including Jarell’s focused on us. Arielle, seeing me with Trey, instantly became infuriated and began marching over to the two of us.

“Tremaine, what is the meaning of this?” As she spoke, she shot me a nasty glance and stared up at Trey with confusion evident on her face.

“Ari, get out of my face with that bull.” He said, using his forearm to push her out of the way. The look of her face was one of pure astonishment and her jaw could nest a colony of ants had it stayed on the ground long enough. Pursing her lips together, she stormed off, towards the house as we continued our way over to Jarell, Tatiana, Demario, and two guys I did not know.

“Waddup?” He asked before dapping them all up, saving Jarell for last and ignoring poor Tati. I took that as him always seeing her and not needing to say hi. I however, greeted her with a small ‘hey’ which she reciprocated.

Jarell shot Trey a look that I could not read before glancing at me briefly. Just as soon as his eyes were on me, they were diverted back to Trey. Trey simply gave him an inscrutable look and smirked before pulling me closer to him, as if I could get any closer. It was amazing how those two could speak without any words. I’ve seen them do it plenty of times before and every time, it amazed me. I wish I had someone to do that with.

“Damn Trey, let the girl breath.” One of the guys said as Trey gave him a look that made me laugh.

“Shut up Mario.” He told him before looking down at me. “I ain‘t letting her go.” He replied, with hidden connotation in his words. His words made my heart murmur with glee. Oh yeah, I could definitely get used to this.

“Aren‘t you going to introduce her?” The second guy asked.

“Only if you stop drooling.” He told the other guy. The guy glanced at me and gave me a warm smile which I reciprocated.

“Hey lil mama, I‘m Torrance.” He introduced, outstretching his hands for me to shake, which I did.

“Hey.” I greeted shyly. The other one stepped forward and flashed a bright smile.

“I’m Mario.” The other said taking my hand from my side and kissing it delicately. Blushing profusely, I smiled and greeted him with a small ‘hi’ as well.

“No one gives a shit.” Trey barked playfully, smacking his hands away from me as Mario laughed at him.

“Don‘t hate the playa…” He said as Trey laughed at him. Without further adieu we began to make our way into the crowded house. Inside was jam packed with people. Instead of releasing me like I thought he was, Trey brought me from his side and stood behind me, moving through the crowd with ease.

“Want something to drink?” He whispered into my ear. His warm breath caressed my earlobe, sending chills throughout my body. If only I had enough tenacity to just take him right here, right now.

“Um, sure.” I told him with a slight nod of my head. Leading us both towards the bar they had set up towards the rear of the living room, he kept his hands placed in the center of my lower back.

“You know I don’t really drink, right.” I warned him. When I was younger, and wilder, I used to drink daily but since I’ve gotten older, I barely even thought about drinking again. I guess I simply outgrew it whenever I came home pissy drunk one night, throwing up all over my mom’s favorite blouse. The disappointment in her eyes overwhelmed me to the point where I haven’t picked up a bottle in over three years. They weren’t lying when they said to mind the company you kept.

“That‘s okay, you can just get a soda or something.” He said before leaning onto the counter top of the bar, resting his foot on the stool that I was perched upon. Placing his order for a Long Island Ice Tea, he turned his head in my direction, lifting his brow in inquiry as he waited for me to make a decision on what I wanted.

“I’ll just take a Sprite.” I told him softly.

Walking outside with our drinks in hand, I debated on whether I should stay with Trey or if I should leave him alone and chill with Tatiana. Before I could even decide, I saw something that made up my mind for me. Tatiana and Torrance were in a secluded corner hugged up, ignoring everything else around them. Now I had no choice but to stay with Trey, not that I minded any, I was just very nervous.

“Are you always this quiet?” He asked with an inscrutable expression on his face. I tilted my head to take in his full view and shook my head lightly.

“Most of the time.” I answered. Whenever I was nervous, I never spoke in fear of saying something stupid. His question seemed random at first but I could see why he asked now that I think about it. I’ve barely said more than a sentence at a time since we arrived. Normally, people became talkative at parties but not I; I was more of a recluse…at least now anyways.

“How come?” He asked while I shrugged my shoulders to insinuate that I didn’t know why. There wasn’t really much to say, I guess.

Once we made our way over to the lawn furniture, he pulled out a chair for me to sit in before sitting diagonal of me, facing me with a comfortable look on his face. For some reason, he seemed to enjoy being here with just me, Then again, maybe it was just my mind wishfully thinking again. I really needed to kick that habit.

Thinking back on what he said earlier, I began to wonder if Trey really meant what he said about why he volunteered to come get me. Getting overly excited, I did what I always did whenever I was happy or nervous:

I spoke…without thinking.

“Did you mean what you said earlier?” I asked hopefully, while not being able to stop myself from blurting it out. Silently, I cursed myself for being too forward and slowly allowed my eyes to travel up his body until they met his orbs. Confusion etched on his face, he opened his mouth to say something only for it to close and ease into a knowing smile when he caught on to what I was asking about.

“What, you mean what I told Tati?” I nodded and the corners of his lip curled into that infamous smirk of his. It was amazing how his eyes could change the tone of his smirk. Whenever he was happy, it was readable in his eyes. When his eyes was filled with lust, the volume of his smirk was heightened to new levels.

As of now, his whole demeanor screamed of lust. Being so close to him when he was like this made certain areas that were unscathed and forgotten for over two years, begin to instantly heat up with arousal as if they were never abandoned.

“Yeah.” He answered coolly. It awed me at how open he was; he didn’t seem to hide anything and it was almost as if he was an open book. I always thought that he’d be one of those guys that was hard to talk to and wouldn’t show any feelings.

I was more than wrong.

“Why?” Was the first thing that blurted out my mouth, before I could stop it. I mentally kicked myself in the face and closed my eyes, feeling the burning sensation rampage throughout my entire face. I must have been redder than the color itself.

“What do you mean why?” He chuckled, repeating the way I said the word ‘Why’. Before I could answer him however, he continued talking. “You can’t help who you like, right?” He asked, and boy was he right.

“I guess not.” I said as he began to roam his eyes over me. With a small smirk playing around his lips, he hefted his chin and shot me a casual glance.

“You better drink that before it goes flat.” He said, referring to my open, yet untouched can of Sprite. Looking into his hand, I realized that his entire drink was gone. One could only imagine what used to be in his glass if they hadn’t seen him with it when it was full.

“Oh…yeah.” I said with a small laugh before taking a huge gulp. Once I was satisfied enough, I sat the can on the table next to me and held my chest briefly so that the carbonated beverage would go down smoothly. I opened my mouth to say something but to my horror; a loud, deep, belch escaped my lips. My eyes nearly fell out my head as Trey began laughing at me. I blushed profusely as I hid my face in the hand I had propped on the table. Shaking my head dismally, I cursed myself for being so gross.

“I‘m so sorry.” I apologized for practically burping in his face. If I had a gun, I’d be killed at the hands of myself. I should have known better than to chug anything…let alone a Sprite; the main soda that gave me gas.

“The way you chugged that, I was waiting for that to happen.” He said with that smirk I loved so much. I wanted to kiss him right then and there but it wouldn’t be orthodox.

“Whatever.” I mumbled with a small smile of my own.

“Don‘t try that shy shit now. You can burp in my face but you can‘t talk to me? What kind of sick person are you?” He asked as I laughed at his silliness. Silence soon lurked upon the both of us and held us in contempt until Trey decided to break the ice this time.

“How come you asked me why?” He asked, broaching the topic I thought we’d laid to rest. Silently, I shrugged while wondering if I should tell him. He had no problem opening up to me so maybe I should do the same.

“I‘m just not used to…” I paused, debating heavily on whether I should finish what I was about to say. The determined look in Trey’s eyes urged me on to complete my sentence. “I‘m not used to people that I‘m interested in, actually liking me back.” The statement sounded so confusing but that was the only way I could put it. I began to think he didn’t hear me because of how soft my voice had gotten, but the small smile that tickled his lips told me that he did.

“Word? You like me Shawdy?” The fact that he was surprised about the whole thing made me blush. For some reason, in the back of my mind, I always thought that Trey knew that I liked him; guess I was wrong.

“A little.” I lied, still blushing. The question he should have asked was HOW MUCH did I like him. It was so evident that I did. It’s weird how when two people like each other at the same time, they are oblivious to the other person’s feelings; but whenever they liked each other at different times, the other somehow caught onto it quicker.

“Just a little, huh?” He asked, making me smile harder. I would have never thought I’d be sitting here having this conversation with him. Never. What he said next made my heart race even faster. “Well, I like you a lot.” He told me with a wide smile. The feelings I felt made me want to go hide in a secluded area and scream out my happiness. I was beginning to become antsy.

“Really?” That was all I could say, due to a lack of words. He nodded and watched my every move; something he’s been doing all night. Although it made me feel uncomfortable, I couldn’t say I didn’t like it.

“What about Arielle?” I found myself asking, not realizing where these random questions were stemming from. He lifted an inquired brow and twisted his lips in annoyance at the mentioning of her name.

“What about her?” He asked frowning. I disputed mentally whether I should just drop the subject or broach it. My mouth, without thinking, did the latter of the two.

“I thought you two were dating.” I told him.

“Hells to the nah.” He said bringing me to laugh out loud at the face he made to match his rude comment. “Let me tell you, that girl stays on my nuts. I was cool with it at first but she thinks she runs everything and everybody. All that girl do is run her fucking mouth.” He commented. “How did I know you were going to ask that?” He asked with a knowing chuckle. I shrugged and smiled sheepishly.

“At least I didn‘t just go around assuming things, right?” I justified.

“Nah, it‘s cool. I don‘t mind; at least you had the decency to ask. That girl had everyone thinking we were together. As far as I‘m concerned, she ain‘t shit to me.” He told me as I nodded. I wanted to ask him a personal question but I decided against it. Who knew how he would react to me asking him about his sex life with other females.

“What about you?” He asked, making me frown with confusion.

“What about me?” I asked.

“You with anyone?” He asked, making my heart skip a beat. I always clammed up whenever guys asked me if I had a boyfriend. It may have been a simple yes or no question but whenever I answered no, they’d automatically assume that it was okay for them to try to ease into my life. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind dating Trey but there were too many obstacles in the way.

One was my friendship with Tati; too many girls came in and out of her life, just to get with Trey and I promised myself that I wouldn’t be one of those girls. Another obstacle was that I didn’t know anything about relationships. There was also the factor of age, Trey was almost four years my senior. Four years wasn’t horrible but if my dad ever found out, he’d roast my ass.

Although I did not live with him, he still played a major part in my life and I avoided disappointing him at all costs. If he learned about my interest in Trey, he’d try to hunt Trey down. My dad was no fool, he knew a lot about what went down in the city and he probably knew how much of a ‘trouble maker’ Trey was, and still is.

“No, I’m not much of a dater.” I told him, finally answering his question.

“How come?” He asked as I shrugged. Every feeling I ever had about any guy I ever liked, I made sure to keep them under wraps. Maybe that was the reason for my incapability to acquire a decent relationship.

“I don‘t know.” I told him. “I‘ve never had a boyfriend.” I found myself adding, without realizing it until it was too late.

“Maybe I can change that for you.” He responded while reaching between my thighs and pulling the seat of my chair until our legs touched one another. The act sent chills down my spine from having his hands so close to my area.

“How do you plan on doing that?” I asked boldly. My tenacity shocked both Trey and I as a smile curled his lips. Leaning in just a few inches away from me, he brought his hands up to my face, caressing my cheek slightly, and stared straight past my eyes into my soul.

“Like this.” He spoke two octaves lower than normal, sending my hormones into overdrive. Clutching his hands around the tip of my chin, he hefted it slightly before closing in the gap and pressing his lips against mine firmly. I gasped slightly, giving him the opportunity to slide his tongue inside my mouth. The instant he did that, needles began to prick my entire body in an exotic, painful pleasure.

Debating on whether to fight him or go with the flow, I caved in and followed his lead. My closed eyelids tightened when I felt his right hand land on my lower back. As if I wasn’t already practically in his lap, he pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. We went on, lost in our own little world for a few minutes before we heard someone walking up on us. Breaking the kiss, Trey leaned back with clouded eyes and gazed at me for a few minutes before the person came into full view.

“So this is how it is now, Trey? You get bored with me and move on to the next best thing?” I heard Arielle’s rancid voice say. I wanted to slit her throat and watch her bleed for interupting our kiss. It was always either her or Tashawn that had to ruin something for me and I was sick and tired of it. Without warning, I snapped.

“Go some fucking where, sour ass bitch!” I growled at her. Both she and Trey shot me a surprised look. Trey had an amused glint in his eyes whereas Arielle had a vengeful glare in hers. She attempted to stare me down, which would normally intimidate me, but not today. Hormones had a way of bringing out the beast in you. She buckled under my hard stare and turned to focus on Trey again. For once, she was the one to ignore me, not the other way around.

“Damn Mandy,” He grinned. Placing an arm on my shoulder, Trey pulled me into his lap and stared up at Arielle with a pleased look. “What‘s up?” He asked her. The look on her face made me want to laugh in her face but I refrained. She scoffed and turned around briskly, making sure that her long hair nearly slapped us in the face.

I remembered when I wished I was White and Native American just like her so that I could have her ‘good hair’. My hair was lengthy but I used to be so jealous of her to the point that I didn’t appreciate myself like I do now. Over the years, my jealousy turned to pure dislike towards her. I can’t believe I wanted to look and be just like her stupid ass.

Taking me by surprise, Trey began biting down softly on my shoulder. The feel of his hard, crispy white enamel against my soft skin felt so exotic. His action seemed innocent, yet it turned me on immensely. If I were a whore, I’d drop my panties without him having to ask.

“Damn Mandy.” This time when he said those words, it held a whole different connotation from the last time he said it. The words bellowed out in a deep, gruff voice that held so much passion in them, I nearly creamed on the spot.

“What?” I asked innocently, in a soft voice.

“I want you, that’s what.” He responded boldly. I smiled at his words and shifted on his lap. Trey was coming onto me so strong and so fast, I didn’t think I could handle it. He released a low grunt and moved up from my shoulders to my neck. Once his lips grazed my soft spot, I nearly flew off his lap from the electrical shock I received.

“Oh, my goodness,” I shivered. I hated for anyone to touch or even look at my neck because of the effect it had on me. I could barely wash it without turning myself on.

It was that sensitive.

“What?” He asked me with a smirk on his face once I stood up off his lap. I kept my hand on my neck and steadied my breaths before turning to acknowledged him.

“My neck…is sensitive.” I told him as his smirk widened. Why did I tell him that?

“Word?” He asked, raising only one eyebrow. I nodded slowly and stared down at him as he sat lazily in the chair. Abruptly, he stood up and towered over my five foot two inch frame. My neck craned back so that I could stare up at him. Just looking at him gave me butterflies. “You know what I think?” He spoke randomly.

“What?” I asked going along with him. He smiled slightly before proceeding.

“You should be my girl.” He sang along with Sammie’s voice, which was blaring through the speakers as we spoke. I was amazed at how good Trey’s voice was. He never struck me as the singing type, he seemed too ‘hardcore’ for that. I was obviously wrong however.

Once I got over the shock of how good he sounded, I was knocked by the intensity of what he was actually asking of me. My small smile faded into a cumbersome look. Was I hearing correctly?

“Seriously?”

“Yeah.” He said in a faux ‘duh’ tone. I grinned at his sarcastic ways before becoming serious again. My heart…let’s just say it was doing its own thing now.

“What about Tati? I don‘t want to be like the rest of her so called friends that used her just to get to you. I don‘t want her to even think I did that to her intentionally.” I confessed one of my main reasons for being so hesitant with him.

“Tati, man she started geekin’ when I told her I liked you. I even told you she planned this.” He said with a smile.

“Remind me to kill her.” I said with a small laugh. He shook his head and continued to stare down at me. I knew he was still awaiting my answer and I didn’t know whether to say yes or no. There were still minor things that I was worried about but I guess I could deal with them as they came. Without my knowledge, my head was nodding slowly, up and down as if to tell him yeah.

“Come here.” He beckoned in a sexier than sexy tone. This time when he kissed me, I was fully prepared.