Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Five


Today marked two months since Trey and I got together. Things were pretty good; he seemed to be more serious now. It was nice to know that he could actually be serious and wasn’t a complete goof all the time. One thing I did notice about him was that he was very protective over me. I didn’t mind mostly, but sometimes he was absurd.



“Oh my goodness, you are so beautiful baby. Trey is going to be so proud to have you on his arm tonight.” My mother cooed while my father simply rolled his eyes. Tonight was prom night and Tati, Torrance, Trey and I were all going together. Trey gave me enough money to buy our tickets earlier this week and my mom made my dress for me. It was a beautiful but simple red gown that matched perfectly with Trey’s black and red tuxedo. It seemed that I could never get enough of those colors.

 

“I still don‘t trust that boy as far as I can throw him.” My dad grunted. I frowned at him lightly but that frown was short lived once I heard a familiar car pull up in the driveway.

 

 

“It‘s Trey!” I exclaimed. My mom squealed and picked up the camera again while my dad just sat there with a look of discomfort. I laughed at the look on his face while he stared at my giddy and vivacious mother. My mom opened the door to reveal Trey, who was just about to ring the doorbell.

 


“Tremaine! You are so handsome! I swear, if you were on age with me-”

 


“Nadine!”

 

“Mom!” My dad and I shouted simultaneously. She giggled as Trey shook his head at her devilish ways. You would think after nearly two months of dating, I’d get used to his presence by now but I haven’t. Whenever I’m around him, my heart still banged against my sternum. I couldn’t explain why but at least now, I had a reason for it. His kisses are to die, kill, cheat, and steal for.

 

“Mr. Taylor.” Trey addressed my dad. I shot my dad a stern look, which he ignored and hefted his chin towards Trey to acknowledge his greeting. I told both Trey and my dad to behave themselves around each other for my happiness sake. It was my night and I didn’t want any drama going down between them or anyone else around me.

 

When I first introduced Trey to my dad, he was all but pleased. He didn’t want me dating a ‘thug’ as he called him. At least my dad had the decency not to make a scene because he was notorious for doing that.

 

“Hey baby!” I cooed before wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. I placed a respectable kiss on his cheek so the ‘parental father’ wouldn’t get bent out of shape. My mom cooed and my dad grunted; he just couldn’t handle me growing up.

 

“Hey baby girl.” He whispered in my ear. I nearly shivered physically from the chill that traveled down my spine at his simple words. I loved it whenever he used nicknames. “You look beautiful.” He told me once he pulled away from our hug.

 

“Thanks baby. You‘re pretty fly yourself.” I said while plucking the brim of the hat he wore cocked to the side. We placed our corsages onto each other and my mom snapped tons of pictures before allowing us to leave.

 

“Son, you see that dress she has on; make sure it stays on…all night, in fact, I want her to sleep in it too.” My dad said as my mom laughed and stepped in between the two.

 

“David, leave him alone. Trey knows the rules: No alcohol, no drugs, and no sexual eruptions.” My mom said laughing. My dad glared at her while she simply ignored him, handing Trey my overnight bag and shooing us out the door. I was spending the night with Trey but I told my mom and dad I was staying over, only to be with Tati. My dad didn’t know of Trey’s and Tati’s relationship, therefore he agreed to the arrangement. My mom on the other hand thought that Tati would be home when all actuality, she would be staying at Torrance’s house.

 

Yeah, we had this whole thing set up perfectly.

 


“Come here and give me a real kiss.” Trey said once we were outside and in his car. I smiled at him leaned across the seat, meeting him half way. We kissed for at least thirty seconds before pulling apart. Plopping back down in my seat, I struggled to regain my vision. His kisses always left me discombobulated.



The night came and went like a gentle breeze blowing over the seashore into the ocean. During the first half of Prom, Trey and I made out at the table and ignored the rest of the world; however, after they announced the Prom King and Queen, we started to dance and have fun. Once Trey and Torrance got tired, Tati and I just went out and had our own fun. Arielle was grilling us the entire time but I barely paid her any attention on the count of, I was having too much fun to care about her.

 


It was now after twelve and Trey and I had already changed out of our formal attire and into our everyday casual wear. The curls from my hairstyle was still trying to hang in there so therefore, my hair didn’t look too horrible. Trey’s braids were as fresh as they had been whenever he came to my house and as usual, he looked good.

 

“You feel like going to that after party?” He asked with a weary look on his face. He looked as if he wanted to go home.

 


“It doesn’t matter. Whatever you want to do.” I told him, leaving the decision up to him since he was driving. I didn’t want to keep him out later than he wanted to be but if he really wanted to go then I was down; just as long as I was with him.


To my surprise, we ended up at the party that Tati told us about earlier. He must not have been as tired as I thought. Pulling into the club parking lot, we parked next to a familiar Black Impala. Normally, whenever I saw that car my heart rate increased dramatically but it only skipped one beat this time. Slowly but surely, my feelings for Jarell began to subside, thanks to Trey. However, I still thought Jarell was sexy as all get up.

 


“I’ll only be a few minutes, okay?” He stated as I nodded innocently. We both exited the car only to have him shake his head and walk over to my side. “Stay here baby.” He said with a disapproving frown. I contorted my features from that of happiness to one that read complete discomfort.

 


“Um, okay.” I spoke just above a whisper and nodded a little, looking down at the ground. He placed his index finger and thumb under my chin and hefted it up, kissing my forehead and then my lips.

 


“I promise I won‘t take long.” He said before opening the door and helping me back into his car. I pulled my feet in as he closed the door and walked off toward the club, locking me inside of the car with his keypad. I reclined in my seat and waited patiently for his anticipated return.

 

Five minutes turned into ten and ten slowly ticked onto twenty; before I knew it, I had fallen asleep after being in that car for an hour and counting. Opening the car door, I stepped out and marched straight for the club doors. Pissed couldn’t describe what I was feeling right now. Just as I got close to the double doors, a big, tall, dark skinned dude blocked my path.

 

“Where you going lil mama?” He asked me. I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue to keep in some harsh words. This was certainly the last thing I needed.

 

“I need to see my boyfriend.” I said trying to ease my way past him.


He wasn’t having that.

 


“People in hell need Jesus, so what’s your point?” He asked rudely, taking his job too seriously. “Let’s see some I.D.” He said with his hands outstretched. Being that I left my purse in the car and since it was way the hell across the parking lot, I frowned deeply.

 


“Sorry, I left them back in the car. Can I just run in and get him so we can leave, he‘s been in there for an hour already and I’m just tired and want to go home.” I explained, slowly losing patience. I didn’t know whether I was more upset at Trey stranding me or this bouncer getting on my last damn nerve.

 


“How do I know you ain‘t trying to sneak in there?”

 

“Look, will you just let me in that shit hole for a few seconds?!” I snapped. The look on his face informed me that I wasn’t getting in anytime soon. “God! I’m going to kill Trey!” I screamed, stamping my foot. The bouncer stared at me with both brows raised high over his forehead.

 

“You Trey‘s girl?” He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and stared up at him.

 

“Yes.” I nodded. It was then that he stepped to the side and opened the entrance doors for me. “Um thanks.”

 


“No problem, you should have said something earlier.” He told me. I didn’t know this man from 21 Jump Street yet here he was speaking to me like I was his long time friend. Not wanting to stall any longer, I walked into the club, instantly greeted with the smell of weed and must. I skimmed the room for about a minute before I saw Trey standing up in a corner facing a group of guys. His back was turned against so he couldn’t see me approaching him. One of the guys he was speaking to shift their gaze towards me, causing Trey to turn around.

 

“Trey, what the hell is taking you so damn long?” I asked frustrated.

 

“Damn it, I told you to stay in the car.” He snapped at me. My forehead creased and the wrinkle over my nose became more prominent.

 

“What the hell! You leave me in that hot ass car with no keys or anything for a fucking hour and expect me to be okay with it?” He must have been out of his rabid ass mind.

 

“Whatever man.” He said turning his back on me, pissing me off to even greater heights. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled on it, causing him to stagger backwards. “What the fuck yo!” He yelled, yanking away from my grip.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked. A confused look held my face hostage as I tried to figure out what could be the matter with him. It was evident that he was under the influence of something. Breaking the stare, he reached down and picked up a clear bag filled with what I surmised as cocaine. My mouth hung open as a scowl etched its way on my face. “You told me you didn‘t do that shit, Trey.” I said, referring to the altercation we had last month when I asked him if he was dealing. The fucker looked me dead in the eye and told me no. I hated to be lied to; it wasn’t like I was going to judge him for it.

 

“Ama-” He started.

 

“Just save it.” I said before storming out of the building. I went to his car, grabbed all my shit, and began walking out of the parking lot. As I made it out onto the main highway, on the sidewalk, I heard Trey calling after me. Ignoring him, I sped up my pace in hopes to get out of his view so that he wouldn’t come after me.

 

“Baby!” I heard him say; his voice was closer this time but I didn’t use that as an excuse to slow down, only to keep walking faster. I felt his hand enclose my wrists and immediately, I jerked away from his hold.

 

“Leave me the hell alone Trey!” I screamed at him. Not taking heed to my words, he attempted to grab me again. This time, I swung at him and smacked him square in the face. His jaw muscles bunched together and his grip on me tightened. In that instant, his entire apologetic demeanor turned sour.

 

“Amanda, you hit me again and I swear I‘ll lay your ass out in the middle of the street.” His words made my body go numb and my movements stilled.

 

“You wouldn‘t dare.” I challenged him, hating the way my voice trembled of fear.

 

“Don‘t fuck with it.” He growled. For the first time since I’ve known Trey, I became terrified of him. I began to pull my wrists away from him only to have his grip on me tighten furthermore. The pain from his massive hands around my small wrists seared throughout my entire arm, causing me to wince in agony.

 

“Get the hell off me.” I demanded, trying to stand my grounds. I was slowly shrinking beneath his hard glare.

 

“Get your ass back in that parking lot.” He asserted firmly. Once he let me go, I began running in the opposite direction, away from the parking lot. Just as I was about to cross the street, he grabbed the back of my book bag and violently pushed me against the fence that barricaded the club parking lot from the highway.

 

“Trey, you‘re hurting me, stop it.” I pleaded. He held me in place with his own body and shouted in my ear, nearly deafening me in the process.

 

“Don‘t you fucking run from me!”

 

“Why are you acting like this Trey? What has gotten into you?” Tati warned me about his temperamental ways but I have never known it to be this bad. He shook his head and began pulling me towards the club. I pulled back with all of my weight but to no avail. Trey was nearly two times my size in height and weight.

 

Once we got to the car, I punched him again to let go of me and he grabbed me, shoving me into the side of his car forcefully. The force caused me to scream out loud and the tears slowly seeped pass my eyelids.

 

“Trey, what the fuck are you doing nigga?” Trey was violently yanked from in front of me and turned around to face an angry looking Jarell. “The fuck is your problem?” He and Trey had a stare off which resulted in Trey directing his glare towards me before shifting his eyes to the ground. Jarell then turned to me and spoke the first sentence directed to me, other than the occasional ‘hey’ I got whenever I was with Trey.

 

“Are you okay Amanda?” He asked with a sympathetic look. I shot Trey an evil glare before shaking my head no. If this was what being in a relationship was all about, then I was better off alone. I picked up my book bag and placed it back onto my shoulders, readjusting the strap. I gathered my other things quietly and glared at Trey one last time.

 

“Don‘t you ever, in your life say another word to me. Lose my number and forget what the hell I look like. Don’t call me no more and don’t text me no more.” I told him before storming off. I wasn’t a stranger of city transportation and I wasn’t about let it go to waste tonight. Trey would go down in my long list of memories as the first and last attempt of a relationship. As of tonight, I was through.