Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Six

It’s been two weeks since that incident happened with Trey and if I never saw him again, it would be too soon. He didn’t bother calling me until two days after the whole incident. The Trey that reared its ugly head that night wasn’t the Trey I normally knew. It’s funny how you can know a person for so long and never really know them. My feelings were hurt deeply by what happened and I lost all feelings I’ve ever had for Trey. Although that was a horrible experience, it could have been a lot worse and I thank God it happened before I fell head over heels with him.

“I am SO sorry Amanda. My brother is such an asshole. I kicked his ass up and down that house the next day when Jarell told me what happened.” Tatiana told me, feeling bad for what happened. This was the first time we’ve spoken or seen each other since prom night because I’ve been dodging her too due to Trey calling me off her phone. I didn’t even want to hear what he had to say. He had no excuse for taking the situation that far, I don’t care what the case may have been.

“I don‘t want to talk about him right now.” I told her with a sullen voice. She nodded and shrugged her shoulders.

“I’m sorry for pushing you guys together.” She apologized out of the blue. “If it wasn‘t for me, none of this would have happened.” She added.

“It was fun while it lasted and it wasn‘t your fault so stop saying that.” I told her. She opened her mouth to say something else but stopped short and released a small gasp as she stared behind me. Not wanting to see what she saw, I reluctantly turned also. My face dropped even further down my head and a look of annoyance overcame me. I immediately stood up and grabbed my tray, making sure all of my trash was on it.

“I‘ll see you later.” I told her tersely and before she could respond, I was halfway out of the cafeteria; dumping my tray on the way out. Rubbing my forehead, I sighed out loud and fought to keep the tears out of my line of view. This was definitely not going to go well.

“Amanda, stop running from me damn it!” He yelled at me, grabbing my arm once he was within reach of me.

“Trey, I really don‘t want to be bothered right now so just go!” I yelled at him.

“Listen baby, I just want to talk to you for one second.” He pleaded. I shook my head and continued to keep walking. He grabbed me again and this time I snapped.

“Damn it Trey! I don‘t want to talk to you! Respect that shit and move the hell on!” I screamed at him. I violently pushed him off me and ran into the girl’s bathroom. Thinking I was alone, I began crying my eyes out.

Walking into the last stall made for the handicapped; I pulled some tissue off the roll and blew my nose. I disposed of it in the toilet and grabbed some more off the roll to dry my eyes. I turned around and nearly screamed Bloody Mary when Trey came into view, standing with his back against the stall door. He locked it and made his way over to me causing my heart rate to increase exponentially.

“Amanda, please listen to me.” He pleaded calmly, taking my arm into his grasp.

“There‘s nothing to listen to Trey, what‘s done is done.” I told him. Letting go of my wrists he ran his fingers over his freshly cornrowed head and blew out an exasperated breath.

“I‘m trying to fucking apologize to your ass and you’re making this shit harder than it has to be.” He yelled, punching a dent in the metal stall wall. I flinched and stared at the now concave wall, terrified out of my mind. “I didn‘t mean to snap on you baby girl. I don‘t even remember half the shit I said to you.” He said in a more calm voice.

“Well I do.”

“Can you shut up for one damn minute?” His tone was that of annoyance rather than anger. I instantly closed my mouth and let him talk. Hopefully this wouldn’t take long. “I’m not letting you go without a fight and that‘s a promise. You can‘t just end things when one bad incident happens. Yes, I fucked up in the worse way but that doesn‘t mean you have to cut out on me. We were bound to have our first argument, what did you expect?”

“You put your hands on me, Trey.” Although he didn’t deliberately strike me. Slamming me into fences and cars and squeezing the life out of me was bad enough. If he did all of that, there was no telling what else he would do.

“And I apologize for that. I shouldn’t have taken it that far but I was pissed off about some shit that happened before you even came in but I know that doesn’t excuse me. And I apologize for leaving you out there for so long. I got caught up.”

“You told me you didn‘t even sell that shit!” I was so overwhelmed with his violent behavior towards me to the point where I forgot why I was even mad from the jump. His words reminded me thus, pissing me off all over again.

“I know I did but can you blame me? What was I supposed to tell my girl? Yeah, I sell dope to lil kids, mothers, fathers and even pregnant women. I don‘t like what I do so I try to keep it away from the people I care about. You don‘t see me talking about that shit with Jay and Tati because I value their opinion about me and I don‘t want them to judge me the same way I don‘t want you to either.”

“How can you just assume that I‘m going to judge you? You basically judged me yourself.” I told him. He nodded and held his head down.

“Just give me another chance baby; I don‘t want this to end over something so trivial. There‘s nothing I can say to make any of this better for you so I won‘t even try, just know that I am sorry for treating you like that.” I must admit, I didn’t expect for him to own up to his actions but I was glad he did.

Seeing the sincerity in his eyes brought fourth all the feelings that I thought were gone away forever. I really liked being with Trey and I hated being away from him for the past two weeks but the side he showed to me terrified the hell out of me. I was determined not to ever take him back, let alone talk to him but seeing this side of Trey made me soft.

Would I be stupid if I accepted him in my life once again? Who knows how far it will go the next time? After all, I shouldn’t just run away at the first sign of danger but then again…maybe I should for my own safety.

There was something in me that was telling me to just leave him alone but a stronger voice was telling me to give him another chance. Was this all really worth the risk? Could that faint voice be the one I should listen to? Or should I listen to the stronger one?

“Trey…I swear if you try something like that again—” I threatened, not finishing my virulent statement. Right now I was leaping out on faith with him and I prayed to God that I wasn‘t being too stupid. I know I was being stupid for even talking to him right now but I didn’t want to end things with him just yet. “And please, just be straight with me, don‘t worry about if it‘ll hurt me or not, I can handle it. I just want to know the solemn truth from now on.” I told him.

He took a step closer to me and, using his index finger, he tilted my head back. His neck craned in closer to me and his lips brushed against mine slightly before his tongue forcedly pushed its way inside of my mouth.

A wave of arousal coursed my body and engulfed me in its erotic flames making me shiver as I kissed him back. Somehow, the kiss escalated into us groping each other hungrily. He hiked up one of my legs and pinned me against the wall hoisting me high off the ground as I wrapped the other leg around his waist. My neck craned inwards, deepening the kiss.

“What class do you have next?” He asked, breaking the kiss and staring up at me. Still in a state of euphoria, I slowly opened my eyes and tried to focus straight.

“Trig.” I told him as he sucked anxiously on my bottom lip. I moaned a little at his roughness and grasped his head with my hands.

“Skip it.” He demanded as I vehemently shook my head.

“Trey, I can‘t.” Before I could say another word, he stole another kiss. This one was slow and sensual and when he pulled back, he gnawed briefly on my bottom lip before letting it go. He bit down on his bottom lip and smirked defiantly before speaking.

“Just this once.” He said before sucking on my neck. My entire body bucked underneath him and a loud torturous moan belched from by vocal cords. That single act was enough to make me give into temptation.


Once we got to Trey’s place, he led me straight to his room. The whole room was decorated in a midnight black and mahogany brown color. The bed frame and the curtains and carpet was black while the covers on his bed were dark brown and made of what I believed to be animal fur. The room had a mysterious aura about it and for it to be in the middle of the day, it was nearly pitch black dark in here. The only light available came from the bathroom, which Trey occupied at the moment.

I took note of the large plasma TV that hung on his wall and how neat everything around me seemed. Nothing was out of place and there seemed to be not a spic of dust collecting anywhere. Tati told me that Trey was a neat freak but I never knew it was this extreme.

On his dresser, all of his cologne bottles were stacked neatly and in order. Looking at the labels, I would even say that he took the time to actually place them in alphabetical order and he also had them stacked by the height of the bottle, shorter ones in front.

On the far end of his dresser, he had a small picture frame that was placed neatly in front of a medium sized one, followed by a larger frame. I walked over to them and glanced at the first one, which was a picture of Tati and his mom. The second was the picture of him, Tati, and his mom while the third was a picture of a female I didn‘t recognize.

She had bright, dark gray orbs that stood out amongst all other features. Her curly hair cascaded down her back and past the frame of the picture, disappearing from view. Her skin tone was fair, and she held mostly European features although it was evident that she was mixed. She wore a green knitted, cashmere, turtleneck sweater and a sterling silver heart shaped pendant. Her smile was one of the most prominent features that stood out, that and her pearly whites.

She was breathtakingly beautiful and immediately I felt a pang of jealousy surge within me. Who was she and what important role did she play in Trey’s life? She had to be special because knowing Trey, he wouldn’t just put a random chic’s picture on his dresser along with one of his mom and sister.

“What are you looking at?” Trey asked, startling me beyond all reasons. I jumped and turned to face him. Before I could help it, I started babbling, like always.

“Who’s that?” I asked innocently, pointing at the picture of the woman. His face went blank and he waved it off.

“Don‘t worry about it.” He said brushing it off as if it was nothing. I opened my mouth to protest but instead, Trey grabbed my head and planted a big sloppy kiss on me. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, instantly forgetting about the girl and focusing solely on him.


“Nasty bitch, I heard you and Trey up there.” Tati said when I came downstairs. She was sprawled out on the couch with a bowl in her hands, watching TV. School must have been out for a while.

“Whatever.” I said with a playful roll of my eyes. I pushed her feet over and sat on the far end of the couch.

“I guess yall aren‘t mad at each other anymore then.” She noted sarcastically.

“Nope.”

“Good, because he was around here bothering the hell out of me trying to get me to call you, and your mean ass wouldn‘t even answer.” She said with a small smile, nudging me with her foot.

“Well then I did you a favor.” I told her with a casual smile. “I’m about to leave anyway. Can you tell Trey to call when he wakes up please?” I asked. She nodded and I thanked her before leaving. Walking out of their door, I bumped into none other than Jarell. Before I hit the ground, he reached out and grabbed my arm, putting a stop to my free-fall. I gasped and held onto him to regain my balance.

“Damn, my bad.” He said pulling me all the way onto my feet.

“It‘s okay.” I told him. My coyness came back full-fledged and my cheeks burned from embarrassment. Without another word, I left.