Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Ladies I know I have the Soundclash story still up in the air, but one day i just hit a total brick wall with that one.  I'm gtting my brain together to blow Soundclash out of the park. 

 

This is just fun stuff.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


                Todd Manning leisurely strolled down the hallway of the Basquait mansion.  He was waiting for her to finish her phone call and then he would proposition her.  It was the last thing that he could think to do to help Evangeline and there was no way that he would give up this chance to wake her up.

 

The home was beautiful and he didn’t mind filling the minutes that he had to wait with the sights that he was afforded in this moment.   The walls were a rich chocolate color with gold accent pieces to pull it all together.  He began studying the portraits of the Basquait family.  Hanging prominently was a portrait of the beginning of the blood line. Painted around 1432 Todd guessed.  The oil on canvas was mesmerizing and Todd fell under its spell.  The man was tall, you could gather that from the picture, with cool blue eyes, a strong jaw, with a ken royal nose and full cherry lips.  Handsome by all meaning of the word was this man who had ruled scores ago.  An eerie feeling crept up Todd’s spine and he quickly looked away.  That’s when his eye caught the open door.  Inside was another portrait, this one more recent, this one not hung up or out where anyone should see it, this one purposefully omitted from the other portraits mounted on the wall.  The child wasn’t dressed like the man was in golden robes.  Nor did she have his golden hair.  Instead she had skin the color of caramel and long hair.  Her gray eyes were dramatically doe.  The only thing that she shared of his was the nose and full lips. She was dressed in the usual equestrian uniform, holding her helmet under her right arm. Todd guessed she was no older than 14 in the painting.  She was a darling child he could tell and the smile that was plastered across her face instantly reminded him of Evangeline. 

“Mr. Manning she will see you now.”  The secretary said in an elevated tone. 

Todd was jolted out of his thoughts and turned on his heel.  He said a silent prayer that this would work and that by tomorrow evening she would be on the plane with him back to the states so that she could try her hand at waking Evangeline.  As he passed the secretary he smiled sweetly, his was not a mission for asshole Todd.  This would have to be dealt with delicately and without to many hitches.  He was, in many ways, about to put himself in a position where he could be in a world of trouble if this wasn’t done right.  Blackmailing royalty had a stiff price.

As he strolled into the room she was in he sat down on the couch waiting for her to reenter the room.  He had to admit that he was excited.  He was going to meet a real princess and he technically had he upper hand in the matter.  When she entered he stood to his feet.

“Hello Mr. Manning” she said as she walked towards him, arm outstretched, anticipating his hand in hers.  Three firm shakes followed and she let his hand go.  “I hear you want to make a sizable donation to our little foundation here.  I’ve been going over the paperwork that your office sent over and I must say I’m impressed and grateful.”  Her eyes shined at him.  She was Evangeline’s sister alright.  They didn’t look exactly alike, but you could pick up on their similarities.  Both were beautiful, but in different ways.  While Evangeline was statuesque, she was regal.  Yet you could tell parts of their blood their DNA was the same.

As she continued to speak he saw little things about her that reminded him of Evangeline.  The way she crinkled her nose, or how her left eyebrow would go up when she said certain things.  Even her voice was similar to Evangeline’s,   among countless other things. 

“Ms. Basquiat?” he interrupted.

“Yes Mr. Manning?”

“There is one thing I need from you to make this transaction official.”

Smiling she sat back in her chair, assuming it would be a tour of the facilities, of the hospital, or even playing with the children. “And what would that be?”

“I need you to come back to Llanview to help me with your sister.”

She sat stunned for a second, only a second, and then composed herself as if the notion that she had a sister, in American no less, was preposterous.  “I’m sorry Mr. Manning?”

“Evangeline-”  

“Doesn’t ring a bell.”

“Ms. Basquait-Sinclair.”  He waited to see how she would react to her real name.

A deep sigh escaped her mouth and he knew he had gotten her.   He decided to push a little further.  “Ms. Jeanvieve James Arlette Basquait-Sinclair.”

Her head shot up and she stared him square in the eye.  They were silent for a moment. 

“If you’re going to out someone, say their name right.  It’s Jean-Vi-Eve! Jeanvieve.”

He smiled at her, she was Evangeline’s sister alright.

“What are you smiling at?”

“You’re just like her, in ways.”

“What do you need me to do?”

“Just take a plane ride with me, is all.  Sit with Evangeline and see if she comes to.”

“Why me? Where’s Layla, or better Lisa?” her voice was laced with bitterness and disdain.

“Because Evangeline keeps saying you’re name.”

“wha- Wait, what’s wrong with Evangeline?”

“She’s in a coma.”

“For how long?”

“Three years.”

She threw her head back and laughed sarcastically.  Leave it to Lisa to keep her out of he loop on something like this.  “So I find out now that they need me, I find out from you.  They didn’t even have the decency to ask me themselves.”

 “Whoa, before you get all mad.  They didn’t send me.  They don’t even know that I’m here.”

“So how did you find out about me?”

“When she started saying your name, I started reading the diaries that were in the box of stuff that I had stored for her family.”

“Some DAMN diaries.”

Todd just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his face.  Yes he was resourceful.

“Now, I just want to you to come and sit with her for a while.  Hold her hand, let her know your there, and I’ll sign my donation.”

“And what if I don’t?” She asked already knowing the answer.

“Well, I’ll just have to let the world know who you are.  Look I’ll give you some time to think about this but the plane leaves tomorrow morning at nine.  You know that I own a paper in America.  I have the layout exposing who you are all ready to go to print, but if you make it on that plane we’ll run something else.  I don’t want to pressure you, really I don’t.  I understand vanishing and being found again, but this is, I think, Evangeline’s last hope.”

“Dawn, see Mr. Manning out please.”  She yelled to her secretary.

Todd threw his card on her desk.  “9 a.m.”  Turning to Dawn he smiled “I’ll see myself out.”

As Dawn and Todd made their way out of Jean’s office she slumped into her chair.  “FUCK!”