Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is a one shot but I doubt it would fit in one post so I am breaking it up.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Cassie answered the door to a disheveled Jessica; her blonde hair was uncombed and her blue eyes were red rimmed while an angry Sam Jr. wiggled in her arms.

"Cas, help he won't stop crying."

Cassie smiled as she took the crying infant in her arms to coo to him as she gently rocked him just as two year old Daniel came into the room.

"Aunny Ess," he said as Jessica gave him a weak smile with her hug. He seemed so excited so see her as he looked up with eager green eyes. She began to feel better just because of his attitude.

"You're okay…oh you're okay, shhhh sweet baby," Cassie said while she put her cheek against the baby's as he began to settle down.

Jessica followed Cassie as she took the baby into the kitchen while she continued to rock him gently. She washed her fingers before running them over the baby's gums. She then smiled at Jessica before returning the baby to her.

"He is just teething, annoying to the rest of us but he will recover. Hold on a sec," she said as she disappeared into the bathroom.

Daniel just looked at Jessica, who was on maternity leave from her job as a lawyer,

felt drained dealing with criminals was easier than handling her child lucky Sam had left for the day before the crying had begun.

Cassie came back with the teething medicine that she applied to the infant's gums before giving the tube over to Jessica, just before Dean entered the room.

"Is that my nephew I heard crying?" he asked as he kissed the baby's cheek.

He gave Jessica a flash of a smile before stopping Cassie in her tracks for a kiss as he rubbed her pregnant tummy. Though she was due to deliver twins in fewer than three months, she looked as though she carried a basketball under her shirt with little more evidence of her condition than an expanding bust line. Cassie held Dean for a moment while he searched her eyes, since he was on the way to his job at the firehouse; sometimes she was more of afraid for him as a firefighter than when he had hunted ghosts.

"See you later," he said as he gave the toddler a high five.

Flashback…..September 2005

Sam had broken the family's number one rule by telling Jessica Moore, his girlfriend, the family secret. Because of her knowledge on the dark night while Sam is away with Dean, Jessica is prepared to face the supernatural. When Sam arrives back from a trip to locate his missing father he finds Jessica face to face with the Demon that killed his Mom twenty-two years ago. When Jess sees him at the door to the room, she loses her concentration when only moments before she had been eye to eye with thing. The Demon disappeared as soon as she was distracted. Sam is overjoyed that Jessica is safe though he phones Dean only to find him knocking on the front door.

"Dean…I," he stutters.

"Is Jess okay?"

"How did you know?" Dean looks at him confused.

Sam realized in the past that he and Dean had a connection but he never realized how real it was until that night; they never figured out how Dean knew to come back.

June 2006

Jessica and Sam take off from school to travel with Dean to find the Demon that got away. They are in Illinois when Dean gets a call from an old friend in Missouri who needs their kind of help. Once Jessica meets Cassie Robinson, Dean's first love, her female intuition notices the fact that they are still very much in love. Dean's face lights up when Cassie faces him with a smile that encompasses her entire face. On the way to the car after speaking with Cassie to let her know they were there to help, Jessica wants more details from Dean.

"So how long since you last seen Cassie?"

Dean gives her a don't go there look.

"Why?"

"Just wondered," she answers as Sam grins.

"Maybe she is curious about all the sparks that were flying in the room," Sam adds as he puts his long legs in the Impala.

"Almost two years," Dean says as he shuts the car door.

"Really, well I think you should marry that girl," Jessica replies matter of factly while she fastens her seat belt.

Sam laughs under his breath while Dean shakes his head with a smirk.

After the Route 666 mystery is cleared up, Dean leaves with a promise to Cassie that he will return.

June October 2006

Sam, Jessica and Dean corner the Demon just before he attacks Dean. Sam uses the special colt gun that John risked his life to retrieve, to eradicate the Demon effectively saving Dean's life.

"Dude, you could have hit me…but thanks," Dean responds as his heart races with adrenaline while the Demon goes up in a puff of smoke.

Later that week…

Dean shows up at Cassie's job to find her dressed elegantly in white slacks, a black v-neck sleeveless top with flutter detail and black high-heeled sandals. He watches her briefly before going up behind her to touch her arm. She turns around and her smile widens as his heart goes into overtime.

"Dean," she says breathless at the sight of him.

"Cassie," he replies with a crooked grin, all his love for her written on his face.

She takes his hand after letting the man know she is speaking with that she will talk to him later. Dean takes her in his arms before the door is properly shut.

"You came back," she says before he kisses her.

Afterward, he looks in her eyes hoping for a sign that she might be wiling to leave it all for him.

"I came back to get you…I love you, Cas, please come with us."

"Us?"

"Jessica is with Sam and me now but we finally killed the demon and we can all settle down if you want me."

"Really?"

He nodded

She swallowed, hard...

"Dean, I'm…seeing someone."

He looks sadly at her all the hope in his eyes fading.

"Do you love him?"

She shook her head.

"No, I love you…I want to be with you..still."

"Do you need time to let him down or can you just call and explain that your future husband is here," he asks with renewed hope.

"You want to marry me?"

"What do you think I meant? Of course marry you, Cas," he says as he gets down on one knee, "Please marry me," he added to make it official, she could only nod.

She cringes when she turns around to see Ned, the tall blonde she had been speaking to when Dean came in, leave the room without a word.

"I think he knows what I want," Cassie said before Dean kissed her again.

End Flashback

Sam returned from his office to find his wife and son sound asleep. He covered Jessica with a throw and checked in on Sam Jr. before he went to take his shower. Jessica was in the kitchen looking lost when he came in the room.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he pulled her into his arms.

"I'm a horrible mother I had to take the baby to Cassie's this morning because I couldn't get him to stop crying and I hoped the car ride would help, but it didn't. Cassie was so good with him he stopped crying when she talked to him or cooed to him….or whatever. I felt like such a failure. She was so nice about it I know she has to be tired with the pregnancy and Daniel being in his terrible twos. What am I going to do when that time comes?" she said as she looked at Sam with tears in her eyes.

"It just takes time to get used to taking care of a baby, Sweetie, we have only had him for two months, and we will get the hang of it. I really want to help more you shouldn't try to do it all alone. We can afford a nanny also if you want one after you decide about going back to work," he said as he kissed her pouting lips and held her against him.

She put her arms around his neck to return his kiss then looked rejuvenated after a few minutes as she grinned up at him.

"Maybe that was all I needed," was her forced perky response.

"I would love to believe that but let me cook tonight, okay?"

"It's great that you volunteered but I really don't want spaghetti tonight," she giggled as she began to feel better about her situation.

"Beggars can't be choosy," he said as he began to tickle her while she tried to be quiet so as not to wake the baby.

She reached up to put her arms around his neck again effectively pressing her chest against him. He breathing was rapid as he opened his mouth to cover hers gently then switched to sucking her top lip as his hands cupped her head. She backed against the counter while she arched her long neck as her heart raced he eased his lips down to press them against her throat. He could feel her hands as they found their way to the silky strands of his longish brown hair that he cut only as much as he could get away with, being a respected lawyer. He picked her up without removing his lips from her aching body.

He discarded his lounge shorts before he placed her on the bed. Her bottoms were off and across the room with one fluid motion. Her left breast reacted to his manipulations as he laid half way across her. He teased her nipple with his tongue before he did the same to the other one.

"Hey Tiger, that's the baby's food, he won't be happy in a few hours if you take more than your share," she teased as she looked into his darkened green eyes. She arched her back to remind him of his goal as he laughed before he pressed his tongue into her soft spot to arouse, taste and tantalize her toward the edge. He smiled at her before she wrapped her legs around his waist and closed her eyes as the sensations began to build up. She took him by surprise as she pulled him over so she could look down at him. Sam loved this new side of his wife; sexy, bold, irresistible.

Dean was late getting home that night from his shift it was his last night to work for the next three days. Cassie kept checking the news to see if there were any big fires being worked, but she found nothing. She knew she needed to relax but it was one a.m. before she finally went to bed. About an hour later she heard noises in the room and then the shower running. She pretended to be asleep because she didn't want to argue. Dean had been different since one of his buddy's from work had died in a fire a few weeks before. He was moody and he was staying out late drinking with his friends.

When he got into bed he tried not to wake her but she turned to face him.

"Hi," he said reeking of alcohol.

"Hi yourself."

"I'm sorry I didn't call I figured you were asleep."

She went into his arms as he opened them for her deciding not to say anything now that she knew he was safe since that was what mattered most to her.

The next morning Daniel came in the room early to jump on the bed just when they were getting amorous.

"Mommy, Daddy," he said excited to be alive.

"Hey, buddy stop bouncing please you will hurt Mommy's tummy."

He stopped and looked repentant at his Mom who was smiling at him. The sad little face was just too much they both held back the smiles as he came around to give Cassie a hug.

"Just be careful okay," she said as she kissed him.

The doorbell rang before Dean could get Daniel into his high chair. He picked the toddler up to go with him to the door putting him down again a few seconds later.

Dean opened the door to Sam looking spiffy in a pin striped blue suit.

"Morning."

"Hey Dean, I hate to bother you so early but can I speak with Cassie please?"

Dean looked curiously at his brother but did as he asked.

"Sure come in, I'll get her."

"Cas, Sammy needs to talk to you."

"Be right out," she said from the other room.

"Take a load off," Dean grinned before going to find Daniel to feed him.

Cassie came to the door still in her robe.

"Hey Sam, what's up?"

"It's Jess she isn't doing well with the baby and I am afraid she may be depressed," he said as he looked pleadingly at Cassie.

"Yesterday she just seemed frustrated; I doubt if she is depressed but it can happen. I will be glad to go over in a bit so see if I can help at all."

"I would appreciate that though I know you're busy and have your own issues,"

"No problem I'm sure she will be fine; she just needs some time and encouragement."

"Thanks, Cas," he said as he hugged her.

Sam had his hands on Cassie's tummy when Dean came back into the room with Daniel.

"Early morning?"

"Yea, but I look forward to seeing "you guys" later tonight at our house, right?"

"We will be there," Cassie smiled.

Dean nodded but made no comment and until after Sam left he started his usual gripping about Sam's friends.

"I hate that crowd he works with, I rather it was just us."

"I know how you feel, Baby, but he needs you there you know how Sam can be."

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't think he belongs where he is because of his past, he is a bit insecure."

"He never mentioned that to me; is that what you discussed while he rubbed your stomach?"

"Oh Dean," she said as she went back to the bedroom.

However, he wasn't done with the discussion so he followed her.

"Is it?"

He stood at the bedroom door awaiting an answer.

 

TBC