Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Jamie Yeardly.

Austin James Avery II

Dre Parker 

 

Wassup! this is a short to introduce Jamie, the youngest of the yeardlys. i plan on focusing on my older stories (Fastlane, Amber Rain and Otherside of the game) for a while, so i may not be as fast with the yeardly updates but i still plan on doin it all!!! :)

Song for this short is Hope she cheats on you. (with a Basketball player) by marsha ambrosius. Love it!!! 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIrgbZ_JIA&feature=fvsr




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I am not your average gal. I kind of fancy myself as a player. I never keep a man for too long. After a while they start to get comfortable, and I don't do comfortable. I've dated all colors shapes and sizes. Business men, artists, punks, musicians, teachers, and one mortician... but I'd rather not talk about that. Yep, I'm a regular Casanova, but make no mistake - I am by no means a hoe. I am just an independent, no holds barred, confident woman, and if anyone doesn't like that - I will set them straight. But right now this is not about me, (well It is a little... ok a lot.) this is about my current boyfriend. I guess I have to start from the beginning. I recently decided that I want to turn my player card in and settle down. ( I know right? I should've known.) Austin seemed like the perfect guy, sweet, ambitious, and sexy as hell. He was wonderful, the perfect gentleman. Opening doors, standing by puddles, total storybook shit. You know he actually baked me muffins the morning after we first slept together? (And they were Delicious!) We've been dating for about three months now and I've been loving every minute of it. It's almost to good to be true. Mmhmm I got the perfect boyfriend. And what is my sexy, ambitious, gentleman boyfriend doing right at this moment?

"Jamie I think we need some time apart."

Yep you heard it folks, HE'S BREAKING UP WITH ME! Me! I'm the one who has control in this relationship, I'm the breaker upper! This is like the friggin twilight zone.

"It's not you, it's me."

THAT'S MY LINE! I will not be affected, I will be cool, calm and collected, I wil-

"There's someone else."

"Wait a minute," I say, my Caribbean accent kicking in. " ya did not jus say wha I tink ya did"

"Uhm," he swallowed. "I-I thought you would be cool."

"Cool? Ya tought I wud be COOL wit ya messin round on meh?"

So as you can see this is not going well, why oh why did I have to go all girl? I want love. I want to settle down. It's sad really, Austin is scared as hell. You can totally tell he thinks im gonna go all Rihanna on him. You know what? I think I am.

"You know wha? I ope she cheat on ya wit a basketball player!" I say loudly standing up in my seat.

He makes a face. "What? Jamie what are you talking about? "Sit down"

"I aint sit gonna down! An ya eard meh! I ope she cheat on yur ass!"

He throws his napkin on the table. "Okay jamie, whatever."

"Yeah whatever!"

I am so out of here. I walk towards the door with my head held high only to bump into the waiter spilling all the drinks on his tray.

"Oh! I am so sorry!" I say bending down to help.

"No, its cool." He says in a voice that totally tells me Its not.

"Look let meh elp ya." I say guiltily.

"Your ok, I just have to take these glasses back." He says with his head down.

"No wai-"

"Look! He says finally looking up at me. I got it! You should really just go on with what you were doing."

Well excuse me. I was just trying to help. I get up and leave the restaurant. This has not been my night. I pull out my cell to call the only person who can make me feel better right now. He picks up after two rings.

"Bestie!"

"You know it." He chuckles back. "What up? I gotta lil something goin on right now."

I roll my eyes. Figures. Dre is my best friend and a total man hoe. I guess we're kinda kindred spirits, but I date to enjoy someone, to get to know them. Dre dates to fuck.

"Who is it this week Dre?"

"This little honey dip I met at work." I hear some rustling and giggling in the background.

"Dre! Is she there with you?"

More rustling. "Yes."

"Then why in the hell did you answer the phone?"

"You know I can't leave my bf hangin. What's goin on?"

I shake my head and suck my teeth. "Why did Austin just breakup with me?"

"Word?"

"Chea! He said there was someone else! Can you believe that he cheated on me and then expected me to be cool!"

Dre laughed. "Wait wait wait, he expected you to be cool? Ha ha!"

"Man I told him I hope that his new girl cheats on his ass."

"Pssh how do you know It's a girl?"

I laughed. "Shut up Dre!"

"Jay I'm serious. "He bakes."

"So?"

"He made some damn blueberry muffins the morning after instead of tappin that ass."

"Not everyone is you, Dre mcnasty."

"Speaking of mcnasty, he said. I need to put in work. Bye big head."

"Bye loser."

.I sigh and sit down on a bench at the park across the street from the restaurant. It's such a beautiful night. It kinda reminds me of Jamaica. I grew up there. My dad was a gang member, and my mom was one of his groupies. She never meant anything to him, he just tossed the both of us aside like yesterdays garbage. She never wanted me, and she abused me everyday because "I look like my father." one day she just up and left me to starve and fend for myself. Thank god social services found me and the Yeardly's adopted me. It was hard at first, learning to trust and love again, but I did it, and I thank god everyday for my second chance. I have no idea how Dre and I became such good friends. We met in college, Dre was a super serious engineering student, and I was a super liberal government student. we both decided to take a still life class and the rest is history. I love having a male best friend because he doesn't bring the drama that females do. Dre is fine with being a player for the rest of his life, but I want to slow down for a while. I just hope I can find the right guy.






Chapter End Notes:
Tell me How You Feel! :)