Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Anyone that was a fan of the 'Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries' from back in the day, or ever read the books, will recognize some of the camp counselors.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    BACKSTORY: The following events take place a few days after Katherine returned to town...

    Bonnie got out of her car in the hospital underground parking garage. Somehow, she just didn’t think it was right, that she should have to pay $2.00 to park there.  People visiting hospitals were under stress--meaning it should be free.

    She sighed, realizing that it wasn’t the money that bothered her. This would be the third day of Caroline Forbes’s coma. Matt looked as if he was about to break. At least Tyler was by his side. And poor Sheriff Forbes. The woman still had to clean up this town after that Founder’s Day fiasco.

    Then there was Jeremy. Luckily, he recovered and was not a vampire now.

    “Bonnie?”

    Bonnie looked and saw Elena walking towards her. Bonnie hugged her briefly and Elena spoke.

    “How’s she doing? I haven’t had time to get by.”

    “You’re here now. That’s what counts.” Bonnie said as they walked towards the elevators. They got in and the doors closed. Elena looked at her.

    “Tell me, how is Tyler holding up?”

    Bonnie shrugged.

    “Well enough, I guess. I mean he feels guilty because he was driving the car. He’s been here every day too.”

    “Hmmm, yes. I didn’t realize how hot he was.” Elena murmured. Bonnie gaped at her!

    “Tyler Lockwood? I mean yeah, I guess...I’m surprised you would say something like that--out loud.” Bonnie smiled, as the elevator stopped on the floor Caroline’s room was on. The girls both got off and walked past the nurse’s station. No one gave them a second thought, since Bonnie was there so much.

    Bonnie knocked softly on the door, then pushed it open. Matt was sitting at Caroline’s bedside. He looked dead tired. Tyler was watching TV. He smiled at Bonnie and then he REALLY smiled at Elena. Bonnie glanced between them. Was it possible that Elena was finally coming around? With Katherine Pierce running loose in this town, maybe Elena finally realized how bad the Salvatore brothers really were.

    Bonnie touched Matt’s shoulder.

    “Any change at all?” she asked softly.

    “No,” he answered, “and they’re saying that if she doesn’t wake up soon, she might need to be in a different type of hospital.”

    “A different type of hospital?” Bonnie frowned. “What does that mean?”

    “A rehabilitation center or something,” Elena said, “it sounds like they’re trying to kick her out of here. Poor thing. Tyler, you want to come get a soda with me? Matt, Bonnie, do you want anything?”

    Matt shook his head. Bonnie eyed them, but shook her head as well. Once the door closed, Matt looked at her.

    “What’s up with that? I’m surprised Salvatore hasn’t beaten the shit out of Tyler by now.”

    Bonnie frowned.

    “Why would he do that?”

    “I caught them kissing by a snack machine the other day. Jeez!” Matt huffed. Bonnie felt a chill run through her body.

    I haven’t had time to get by

    “I think I’ll make sure that soda is all Tyler is getting.” Bonnie said, trying to keep her tone light. She left the room and looked around. There was a snack machine just beyond a set of double doors...

    Bonnie opened them and looked around. There was the telltale snack machine, but no Elena or Tyler. She looked in the other direction, then behind her back towards Caroline’s room.

    Elena and Stefan were now knocking on Caroline’s door! God,  that meant...

    Bonnie stopped and closed her eyes. She could sense Tyler and the woman that had to be Katherine. But where? Where were they? Where...

    “Did I thank you yet for almost getting me killed?”

    Bonnie opened her eyes and looked up at Damon Salvatore. She then tried to move around him, but he blocked her way.

    “Say you’re sorry. Come on now, Bonnie. Say you’re sorry.” he said in a sing-song tone of voice.

    “Katherine is here, posing as Elena. I have to find her before she makes a meal of Tyler.”  Bonnie told him.

    Damon’s carefree expression disappeared.

    “Okay, let me go and get Stefan and we’ll handle her.”

    “I don’t need your help. But you can go get your brother if you want to. I’M going to help Tyler.”

    “You’re practically a baby witch! You’re not going to be any match for a vampire as old as Katherine!”

    “Whatever!” Bonnie said dissuasively and moved around him. Damon almost growled!

    “Damnit!” he hissed, hurrying after her.  Bonnie suddenly stopped beside a door that lead to a stairwell. Sure enough, Tyler and Katherine were pressed up against a wall, having sex standing up!

    Bonnie threw open the door and ran down the stairs!

    “Tyler, get away from her!”

    Tyler half looked behind him. Katherine grinned at Damon!

    “Bonnie? Uh, Elena and I are kind of busy here.” Tyler rasped.

    “That’s not Elena, sport. So pull out and zip up.” Damon said, never taking his eyes off of Katherine. Katherine pressed Tyler’s buttocks to keep him inside of her. Her eyes were now on Bonnie.

    “Hi, Precious! I’m Katherine, though it took you long enough to figure it out. Damon, lover, come join us!”

    Bonnie couldn’t quite think of what to do at this point. So she did something a little unconventional.

    She caused a small spark of fire to start on Tyler’s ass! Damon’s eyes widened at the sight and Tyler pulled out of Katherine quickly, then ran up the stairs screaming for help! Katherine snarled and grabbed Bonnie by the throat! Damon hurried to her aid and it was then, that the damnedest thing happened....

    Swirls of light appeared around Bonnie and she disappeared! Katherine’s fangs receded and she and Damon gaped at one another.

    “That was a summoning spell! Someone fucking summoned the witch!” Katherine hissed.

    “Who?!” Damon asked sharply.

    “Only another witch can do it.” Katherine huffed, then blew Damon a kiss. “Oh well. Later, lover.”

    Katherine whipped off in a burst of speed. Damon shook his head. Katherine was gone...as was Bonnie.

                                                                           ****

    YEAR 1979- Bonnie squeaked as she appeared in a living room that looked vaguely familiar.

    Tituba Bennett, looking much younger, grabbed Bonnie and hugged her hard!

    “Oh thank God! I didn’t think the spell worked!”

    Bonnie stepped back.

    “Grams?”

    Tituba’s face fell.

    “I’m your grandmother? Oh. The spell said I could summon a future ancestor but I never thought...”

    Bonnie hugged her hard as well, before tearing up!

    “Oh Grams! It’s so nice to see you again! You don’t know...”

    Tituba put a hand up!

    “I don’t want to know about the future. And I take it from your crying that I’m dead, hey? Well, I don’t want to know about that either. Listen, I don’t have much time. I need your help.”

    Bonnie took in her grandmother’s clothing and the decor of the house.

    “What year is this?”

    “1979.”

    “Oh, boy...”

    “Listen...oh, what’s your name by the way?”

    “Bonnie.”

    “Bonnie. Oh, that’s sweet. Listen...my husband wants to send my little girl to Camp Mystic Falls in a few days.”

    “Mom?”

    Tituba nodded.

    “Yes. Problem is, is that ever since 1958, there have been murders everytime that camp opened. I know it’s vampires. I suspect just one, but I can’t be sure. The place then closes up. Then years later, everyone thinks it’s okay again but the murders still keep happening.”

    “So a vampire is killing the counselors and the children?”

    “Just the counselors. They’re usually dead before the children show up.” Tituba said. “I just don’t want my Sheila anywhere near the place. But my husband is insisting that she go so we can go to Europe.”

    “What do you want me to do, Grams?” Bonnie asked. She noticed that Tituba flinched at being called that.

    “Either find the vampire before the kids show up, or, if you can’t, stay and watch over the children.”

    “Grams, I need to get back to my own time.”

    “I’ll send you back. When I know the kids are safe.”

    “You’re going to MAKE me stay, Grams? Come on...”

    “Bonnie, please! You’re all I have.”

    Bonnie certainly didn’t want to see her mother end up killed or anything. She sighed.

    “Fine. I think I know where it is. It’s now a park in my time.”

    “Good. I’m going to give you one of my husband’s cars to use. I’ll tell him I let one of my cousins borrow it. Oh, and I have a bag full of clothes you should wear to fit in. Actually, you should change now.”

    Bonnie folded her arms.

    “You had this all planned, didn’t you?”

    Tituba smiled.

                                                                   ****

    1979- Meanwhile, Damon Salvatore, sporting a shoulder length shag, sleeveless sweatshirt and shorts, threw the last bag into his trunk. Stefan came out of the boarding house and leaned into the driver’s side window.

    “Damon, I’m not stupid, okay? You’ve been eating people at that camp for years. Don’t do this.”

    “How are you going to stop me, brother? By the way, I think I saw a doe in the woods over there. That kind of blood is about your speed, right?”

    “Damon, don’t do this.”

    “Hey! I’m not killing the kids! But maybe someone should do some research. If anyone bothered to look, they’d notice that I’ve been the only surviving counselor there since 58’. DUHHHH!  Now get away from the car, I’m already late.” Damon groused.

    “I’m calling the police!” Stefan hissed.

    “Go ahead, Stefan! You called the cops back in 63’, 64’ when they tried to reopen, then in 70’. They won’t believe you now, anymore than they did those other times. Now get off of my car!”

    Stefan reluctantly stepped back and watched his older brother drive off, ready to slay more camp counselors at Camp Mystic Falls.

                                                                       ****

    Bonnie could not believe her grandmother gave her this messed up car! It was a stick shift and she didn’t hardly know how to drive it--which is why she ended up on the side of the road, after crashing into a tree.

    She would walk it. It wasn’t far.

    Dressed in a halter top and shorts, Bonnie slung her pack on her back, wondering if she would be able to sense the killer vampire or what? As she was thinking along those lines, a convertible with the top down, slowed up beside her. Bonnie looked at the driver then did a double take, as Damon removed his sunglasses and smiled at her.

    “Hey there, kitten! Do you need a ride?”

    Bonnie swallowed. She was now 100% sure that Damon Salvatore was the Mystic Falls Camp Killer.

    “Uh...I don’t know...”

    Damon stopped the car, got out and hurried over to her. He took her knapsack, threw it in the backseat, then opened the passenger side door for her.

    “Of course you know.  Come, let me give you a ride to wherever you’re going.”

    Bonnie looked at him, hard.

    “I’m going to Camp Mystic Falls.”

    Damon blinked.

    “Why?”

    “What do you mean, why?”

    “I mean you’re so good looking.”

    Bonnie lifted a brow.

    “I don’t get the connection.”

    Damnit, Damon screamed in his head, he couldn’t eat this one! Well...maybe he would save her for last. Well...it depended...he’d have to think about it.

    “What I mean is, that there has been a lot of trouble up there. It’s a dangerous place.”

    “Where are you headed?” Bonnie asked suspiciously.

    “Well, I’m headed there too.”

    “So it’s too dangerous for me to go to, but not you?”

    “Something like that.” Damon nodded.

    “I’ll be fine. And yes, I’ll accept your ride.” Bonnie said, getting in. Damon got in and gave her a troubled glance, before driving off. Bonnie settled in. She now knew who the killer was. She would stop Damon and be home in her own time before she knew it.