Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The relationships in the story will not be like on the shows.  They may start out and/or end differently in every case.  It's going to be a wild ride.  Hopefully you will thank my muse when its over. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Summary: Cassie Robinson moves to Mystic Falls after being turned into a Vampire.  She is hoping for a new life with her distant cousin, Bonnie Bennet but things change with the arrival of the Winchester brothers in town. 

 

Chapter One

Cassie Robinson let out a breath as she stopped her car across the street from the coffee shop in downtown Mystic falls.  She was craving again and she decided to drive around the block to grab her a quick drink of her new favorite beverage.  She got out of her car and unlocked the trunk.  Her cooler was good and cold and she took out a container that looked like a frozen juice cartoon.  She had to be inventive in the way she ingested her blood.  She didn’t want anyone to know what she was doing.  She took a long drink then but the carton back inside.  She looked around again because she would have sworn she was being watched.  She didn’t see anyone but she felt the presence of one of her own kind just before a tall dark haired man stood in front of her. 

He looked down her nose at him with his startling blue eyes.

“Ah I can smell a Bennett several miles away,” he said as he cocked his eyebrows at her.

Cassie knew right away who the man had to be.  Lucy Bennett was crazy about Damon Salvatore and before they were on the outs she and Lucy spend a lot of time together.

“Oh Lucky me, welcomed to town by a Salvatore brother I’m getting goose bumps just being in your presence,” she said  with sarcasm heavy in her voice before she close the hood of her trunk.  She wasn’t afraid of him mostly because he knew she was a relative of Lucy’s and Lucy could still best him love or not. 

“So you coming to town for some rest and relaxation I was told,” Damon said as he walked Cassie to the door of her car.

“Yep, that’s it some R &R, Damon, I have to go meet up with my cousin I am sure I will see you again soon,” Cassie said as she started her car before she drove away.

“I will see you soon,” Damon said before he went back to his house.

--At the coffee shop, Elena waited impatiently.  She was afraid Cassie had gotten lost when she saw a tall dark haired woman walk in the door before she looked around. 

“Cassie?” Elena asked as she went toward the door of the small café.

“Hey oh who are you?” Cassie said her senses alive with questions.  She had expected Bonnie though she hadn’t seen her since she was a small child.  Of course there was no way she could mistake the dark haired  lady for Bonnie.  She was clearly the friend, Cassie thought.  She smelled of another vampire too he scent was all over her. 

“Oh I’m Elena, Bonnie got stuck at school and sent me to pick you up,” Elena said as she put her hand out for Cassie to take it.  She could feel the coldness of the ring that Cassie wore.  Even to the touch it seemed ornate, she was going to comment on it but it didn’t seem the right time.

She raised her eyebrow as she eyed Cassie.  The woman was just as beautiful as her cousins; she began to wonder about the bloodline she hadn’t considered it too much with all the drama in her own life.

“I see, so you are the best friend? Okay good to meet you,” she said as she had a sudden craving as she looked at Elena.  What was it about the woman that she was such a vampire magnet, Cassie wondered.  Cassie knew the history of Elena and the Salvatore’s but not all the details. 

“Do you want some coffee?” Elena asked.

“Oh no that’s fine, it was just a meeting place,” Cassie said before Elena walked toward the door of the café.

--Across the country Sam and Dean argued over the way Sam was behaving about the vampires they had been hunting.

“Look Dean I know you think that certain types of ….people don’t deserve to live but we have met more than one vampire who is trying with all their might to avoid killing humans.  I think we should consider that there is at least a small amount of them that are not monsters but victims doing their best to survive like the rest of us,” Sam said as he watched his brother pace the hotel room.

Dean racked his hands through his hair, “I don’t know Sam I was raised to believe differently it’s hard you know,” he said with hesitation as Sam looked at him with lowered eyes. 

Sam wasn’t seeing the problem he couldn’t get all emotional over it but he was looking at the facts.  “Yeah I know, Dad raised us that way but hey the world has changed since we saved it,” he said with a slight smile.

Dean nodded, “Yeah maybe, I just need some proof, you know hard proof,” he said before he finally had a seat at the end of the bed near Sam’s bed.  Sam handed him a beer.

“I hear you bro,” Sam said.

---Cassie followed Elena to her home.  They went inside together where Cassie met Jenna, Elena’s aunt.  Cassie smiled at the woman. She seemed almost fragile to her.

Elena excused herself.

“Hi, so great to meet you.  Bonnie has been excited that you were coming to town according to Elena,” Jenna said as Cassie followed her into the kitchen while Elena went upstairs to change clothes. 

“Yes we haven’t seen one another in many years.  Last time was at a family reunion in Missouri.  Our families were not exactly close as we were growing up mostly because of living far apart and being distant relatives literally,” Cassie said with a smile.

“You were closer to Lucy, right?”

“Yes she is closer to my age,” Cassie said simply without giving details.  She tried hard not to focus on Jenna’s heartbeat that was loud in her ears.  She needed another drink; she had totally planned the timing wrong.  She got up and knocked over the glass of water that Jenna had put in front of her. 

“I’m sorry,” Cassie said with her head down her face contorted and she tried to hide it. “I have to get something out of my car I will be right back she said as she rushed from the room to go outside. 

She closed her eyes as she reached into grab the container she had drank from earlier.  She downed it quickly.  She turned around to see Lucy walking up the drive. 

“Hey,” Lucy said, “you have to be careful with that stuff ,” she said as she berated Cassie as they both stood behind the car.

Cassie glared at her, it was Lucy’s fault she had been bitten to start.  The other woman’s dealing with vampires had put her in danger.  They had been hanging out together at a club that vampires frequented when Lucy had been showing off for a friend.  Suddenly Cassie had been whisked away and before she knew it someone had bitten her.  She screamed out in pain then they were gone.  Lucy had stood in front of her with horror in her eyes.  Lucy blamed herself and Cassie was still trying to forgive her.  She had put a spell on a ring so that Cassie would walk in daylight but their closeness  had never the same.

If she was the murdering kind she would have taken her head off on the spot but she wasn’t and she was fond of living a human type existence.   It had been two years ago that she had been changed she had thought she was getting used to it but some days things didn’t quite go as she hoped.  

“Hi to you,” Cassie said as she closed the trunk of her car,” before she looked up to see someone else drive in the yard.

The dark haired girl had all the signs of being Bonnie.  She was young, beautiful and had a head full of dark curls.

“Cassie?” she said as she sped up her steps to meet them in front of Cassie’s car.

“In the flesh,” Cassie said before she was engulfed in a hug by Bonnie who pulled away after a moment.

Bonnie knew what Cassie had become as soon as she was in her arms. Her heart broke. Why did everyone she love have to be different?  Why was her world changing so drastically. 

“No, Cassie,” she said with a frown at Lucy then again at Cassie.

“I can explain,” Lucy said.

TBC

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:
I have edited this chapter since it was first posted I hope it flows a bit better.