Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it took me so long to post, but i was suffering from writer's block, so

I had to go back to watching all of the different videos and interviews of Maks

& Brandy. I will be wrapping this story up in about 3 more chapters. I hope you

enjoy and please give me your honest feedback. Enjoy dear hearts, and a special 

shout out to reader pmgayles, thank you for all your support and your honest feedback

it has helped tremendously.  Thank you to all my loyal readers I can always count on you

to R&R. Love you guys, Nakia.

 

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 14

 

 

Ray J sat back in his chair in his office and contemplated how he was going to approach his sister concerning Maks. He knew there was something going between the two even before Brandy had told him. I lot of people thought that he was shallow and egoistical, however when it came to his family he made sure to always be there and he and B were close, extremely close.

He closed his eyes and thought back to his conversation with Maks. He will admit that Brandy was tripping, and he didn’t agree with her telling all business about being celibate and not being in a serious relationship in six years. She should have kept that shit to herself. He knew what his sister’s problem was and that is she simply did not trust Maks. Ray knows that Brandy is a hopeless romantic and why else would she run from the very thing she is telling the world that she wants. Plain and simple Brandy is afraid of Maks and his feelings, besides B has never dated outside of her race, she has always preferred Black men, but look at where it has landed her; alone and appearing desperate.

Ray J knew that in order to get Brandy and Maks together he was going to have to call in some reinforcements and he knew just the person.

He picked up his phone and scrolled until found Kelly’s number.

Kelly picked up on the 3 ring.

“What’s up baby Ray, what can I do for you?” Kelly said in her sing song voice.

“Kel, how you’ve been girl, Listen we got some issues dealing with your girl B. I got a phone call about 15 minutes ago from Maks; he was pretty upset about what B said on Lopez Tonight. He was upset about her flirting with a cop in the airport after her leaving the NYC. Maks is in love with your girl, but Brandy is tripping and playing stupid with him, after she told him that she loved him. I know she is afraid, but Kelly your girl might miss out on the real thing if we don’t intercede.”

Kelly was quiet for a moment, and then she replied. “Have you talked to Bran, about this? I know I told her to just let go and let it happen naturally, but you know that is difficult for her, being that she always wants to be in control of everything.”

“No I haven’t, because I think it would she would receive it better coming from you. One thing I’m sure about is Maks feelings for B, because dude doesn’t seem like the type to reach out for help concerning a woman. I mean dude can have any woman he wants, but he letting down his guard and is willing to go the extra mile for knuckle head!”

“Don’t call my friend knuckle head, I know she’s stubborn, but we both know that love is not an easy feat for Brandy. She has a wall up the size of Ft. Knox, and she will be damned if just any one comes and try to knock it down.”

“I know, but sometimes you just have to risks and love is a gamble, sometimes you’re lucky and sometimes you crap out.”

“Yeah I know, but when you keep losing, sometimes you want to keep some of those chips to cash in.” Kelly replied.

“So what do you suggest we do?” Ray J asked her.

“I’m going to talk with her, and then we’ll go from there, but I think the best thing would be for her if she believes that she is going to lose Maks; it may wake her ass up, and stop being so damn silly.”  

“I agree, let’s get it in!”

“Here is what we’re going to do. I’ll call Bran, and you call Maks back, tell him to call her and tell her he has decided to move on, and we’ll go from there.”

“What we need to do is get them alone somewhere away from their everyday environments, neutral territory. They need to talk, go somewhere tropical and romantic.” Ray J said excitedly.

“I love that, but you know your sister is going to say she can’t get away and all that other BS.”

“Let me handle B on that, where do you think we should send them?”

“Jamaica Mon!” Kelly squealed.

“Alright bet, I’m about to call Maks, and you call B. Thanks Kel, you are a true friend to Brandy, and I love you for that. But Kel, when are you going to find a man?” Ray J teased.

“I’m not looking, I’m just going to wait, and let him find me. Does that answer your question, you nosy son of a gun?”

“I feel you on that, just remember to keep it 100.”

“I will and you do the same especially with Ms. Brittany.” Kelly said, hanging up and not giving Ray J time to respond.

“Women, always think they know everything.” Ray J said to thin air.

 

 

 

 

Brandy and her daughter Sy’rai were having lunch when her phone rang, she knew by the ringtone that it was Kelly.

“Hey Kelly, what’s going on?”

“You, and you, and maybe this fine gorgeous Russian who wants you, but you’re playing a little too hard to get. I’m going to keep it real simple for you, because I love you and I want to see you happy, and wonderfully in love with someone who not only wants you for you, but will love your daughter and accept the two of as a package.” Kelly said sincerely.

“Okay, but what are you talking about, Maks and I are fine…..”

“Perhaps in your crazy ass world, but in reality Brandy things are not fine between the two of you. Are you that afraid of love, that you are willing to sacrifice this chance with Maks? Come on girl, what’s your problem, for real? Are you really in love with him, or was the sex that damn good, and you were talking out the side of your neck?”

Brandy looked at her daughter and she said to Kelly. “Listen I can’t talk right now, I have Sy’rai with me and were having lunch. I’ll call you back in about an hour.”

“You better call me back, as a matter of fact why don’t I just meet you at your house in an hour.” Kelly said.

“Fine, whatever Kelly.” Brandy chided.

“I love you too Brandy, see you later.” Kelly said laughing.

“Mommy who was that on the phone?” Sy’rai her nine year old daughter asked.

“That was Auntie Kelly on the phone, and she was being silly as usual.”

“I love Auntie Kelly, she is so funny, mommy.”

“Yeah she is funny, pumpkin.” Brandy said smiling at her daughter. This was the joy of her life, when all hell was breaking loose; she could always get joy from just being with daughter.

“Mommy can I please have ice cream?”

“Sure, but you have to finish up your lunch.”

“But I’m full.” Sy’rai replied seriously.

“Then you are to full to eat ice cream, if you don’t finish your food then you can’t have any ice cream.”

“Please, mommy why can’t I just put it in a box and save it for later?” She asked her mother.

Brandy thought about it and she decided that what her daughter asked her was not unreasonable.

“Okay, sweetheart, which flavor do you want?”

“Chocolate, my favorite!” She shouted joyfully.

“Well chocolate it is.” Brandy motioned for their waitress and put in an order for the ice cream and also to get a box for Sy’ria’s food.

Brandy’s message indictor on her phone beeped letting her know she had a text message. She picked up her phone and checked her text it was from Maks, and it read: we need to talk, call me. Brandy texted him back and replied: Okay I will, I’m lunch with Sy’rai, will call you @4 your time.

Maks replied back: Thanks.

Brandy felt instant apprehension in his simple response, it felt as if he was saying more, but was saving it for later. She felt something in the atmosphere but couldn’t quite explain the feeling. She even felt it when talking with Kelly, but didn’t recognize at the time.

When Sy’rai finished her ice cream, Brandy paid the bill and they stopped by the ladies room and then headed out to Brandy’s Black Range Rover.

She dropped Sy’rai over to dad’s house, since it was his weekend to have her. She walked her to the door and kissed her the forehead and told her to have fun with her dad. When Robert came to the door. She greeted him and then turned and walked back to car and headed home to meet with Kelly.

 

 

 

When Brandy pulled up into her driveway there was Kelly waiting for her in her Silver Ashton Martin.

“Hey diva,” Kelly said getting out of sports car and running up to Brandy giving her a big hug.

“You look cute, Kelly.” Brandy said as Kelly did a mini spin for her, in her skinny black jeans and gold off shouldered blouse. “Me likey those shoes, Kelly, and that Black Marc Jacobs purse.”

“Thank you, you don’t look to bad yourself.” Kelly said admiring Brandy’s teal green Gucci dress and her silver Jimmy Choo heels.

“Thank you, now let’s go in and have a glass of wine.”

 

 

Brandy and Kelly sat in her bedroom on her sofa in her waiting room. They each had a glass of wine.

“So Kelly what was so important that we had to discuss in person.” Brandy said a little more relaxed from the glass of fruity white wine.

Kelly grabbed Brandy’s hand and then she said. “B, you know I love you like a sister, but like I told you earlier I’m going to keep it real. You are fucking up with Maks with your mix messages. Why the hell did you tell George Lopez you were flirting with a cop, when you knew there was a good chance Maks would be watching, Damn girl that was some stupid shit?”  

“I don’t know what I was thinking, but Kelly I am terrified in the way he makes me feel. I promise you I never felt so much intensity in just the way Maks looks at me. I feel so overwhelmed and confused that sometimes I just want him far away from me and then other times I have this urgent need to be with him. I don’t want to lose him, but then it’s all the baggage that comes along with being in an interracial relationship. I just feel like it’s too much to endure for two people to go through.”

“But, B if you love him it shouldn’t matter what others think. You have spent your whole life trying to make everyone else happy, that you have sacrificed a lot of happiness for yourself. Somewhere in your head you believe you don’t deserve to be happy. I know how much it bothers you when you read the blogs, and the cruel things people say about you, when it comes to that horrible car accident that you didn’t cause, and then they say you are ugly and try to compare you to the other ‘singers’, when most of those people look like shit. You know I know exactly how you feel, because I’m always being compared to Beyonce in my singing and with my looks. I’ve learned that everyone has their own perception of beauty, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it, but just live your life and forget about the haters, because that’s all they are self haters of themselves, who want inflict their insecurities  on celebrities.” Kelly said convincingly.

Brandy wiped the tears from her face and she looked away from Kelly and out into the window.

“You know what I do feel as though I am not beautiful enough for someone like Maks. When I look at Erin Andrews and then his ex Karina I feel like I don’t measure up to their white standards of beauty, but when I’m with Maks he makes me feel as if I am the most beautiful woman on this earth.

When he touches me I feel complete and whole, I feel like he’s my other half. Sometimes I laugh to myself because when we first started dancing together for the show, I really didn’t like him, and couldn’t imagine being with him in a romantic way, but now I can see myself married to him with beautiful mocha babies running around and Sy’rai trying to catch them. I really do love him Kelly, but will I be enough for someone like Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

“Yes you are enough; you are more than enough, because you have a beautiful gracious spirit that is kind, forgiving, loving and sweet. I don’t know too many people in this industry who are like you, most of them are jaded and cynical, and that is what Maks fell in love with. So forget America’s so called standard of beauty, and our race’s standard of beauty. Because your beauty goes so much deeper than just at the surface, it touches your soul.”

“Oh, Kelly thanks you for being my friend, I really appreciate you for seeing me, and I love you.” Brandy said hugging Kelly.

“I love you too.”

“I need to make a phone call I promised Maks I would call him.”

“Okay go ahead I’m going to look to see what you have in your fridge.” Kelly got up from the sofa, and walked out the room.

Brandy walked over to her purse on the night stand to get her phone. Brandy dialed maks number.

“Hello, how are you Maks?”

“I’m good. I’m glad you called me. We need to talk, I’m not going to be long because I’ve got plans tonight, but I’ve made a decision concerning us.” Maks said.

“I have to maks, and I first want to apologize…….” Maks cut her off.

“Brandy I decided that we can’t be just friends, and I wish I had not fallen so deep in love with you, and I wish we had never made love because there is no way we could ever be just friends. I wish you well in all your endeavors, and I hope you are successful in your quest to find love. Take care of yourself and your beautiful daughter, Brandy.”

“Wait Maks don’t hang up, that’s what I was trying to tell you, before you interrupted me, I wanted to tell you that I love you, and I’m ready truly ready to be with you.” Brandy pleaded.

“It’s too late Brandy, how long was I suppose to wait, and what’s up with you flirting with men in the LAX Airport? What did I mean to you? Well I tell you what I’ll make the decision for you, and you can go and flirt with as many men as you like. So have a nice life, and just know this I really did love you and I wanted a life with you. In fact I would sit and dream about our little mocha babies running around and Sy’rai chasing after them. By the way I take it that you are not pregnant?”

“No I got my period on yesterday, but Maks please let’s talk about this, could you give me another chance?”

“Brandy do you remember when you asked if I trusted you and I told you I did? Well I no longer trust you when it comes to my feelings, and I refuse to continue to run after you, when it’s obvious you don’t know what it is you want. I have to go. Have a nice life, Brandy.”

Maks hung up the phone, and Brandy felt as if her whole body was on fire, and then it went numb and she felt as if her life had come to a complete stand still.

Kelly walked back into the room eating a apple, she took one look at Brandy’s face and knew that Maks had played his part of pretending to end things with Brandy; based on her and Ray J’s plan to get them together.

Tears ran endlessly down Brandy’s face and Kelly reached out and hugged her, and then Brandy started sobbing achingly.

“He he told me it was over and that we couldn’t even be friends, oh Kelly how am I suppose to live without him in my life?” Brandy sobbed.

“It’s going to be alright I promise, I promise it will be okay. Let’s go to Jamaica tomorrow to get away.”

All Brandy could do was mumble her response of yes, because her heart was in a dark place of sorrow. She walked over to her bed and flung herself onto it and cried until she couldn’t shed another tear.

 

Kelly walked out of the room her own heart breaking for friend, but deep down Kelly knew that Maks was only acting on her and Ray J’s plan to help Maks get Brandy to fully commit to the idea of being with him.

She dialed Ray J’s number, and when he picked up she said simply, “Mission accomplished.” Pressed the end button and went back to console her brokenhearted friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

What do you think about Ray J & Kelly's plan?

Do you think it will work?

What about Maks part in it? Do you think he went to far with Brandy?

Will they end up happily ever after?

Please give me your feedback ladies. Please forgive me for any typos or grammar errors. I wanted to get this out as soon as possible.