Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know just shoot me already! It's been awhile I know, but life has truly gotten in the way and i just could not get around to updating this story. However, here it is and I hope you will enjoy.

If you feel this chapter let me know in a review. I know i don't respond to your reviews but I do read them and appreciate them so much. Your reviews do inspire my muse, so please R&R.

Please excuse all typos and grammar eaux paus. I was truly typing fast to get this up tonight.

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Harrington; panose-1:4 4 5 5 5 10 2 2 7 2; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:decorative; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Albertus Medium"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoNoSpacing, li.MsoNoSpacing, div.MsoNoSpacing {mso-style-priority:1; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:.5in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Chapter 35

 

“Now are you ready for the surprise I have for you?” Maks asked an excited Sy’rai.

 

“Yes what is it, what is it?” She begged.

 

Maks reached into his pocket and pulled out a small red velvet box, he held out the unopened box to Sy’rai as she looked at him then back at the box.

 

“OMG!” She squealed.

 

Maks laughed and then he said, “Open it and tell me what you think.”

 

Sy’rai opened the velvet clad box and her eyes widened at the sight of the most beautiful ring she had ever witnessed in her nine years of living.

 

“Maks that ring is so beautiful, is that for my mommy?” She asked earnestly.

 

Maks and Sy’rai sat down and Maks grabbed her hand and looked in her eyes and said, “You are the most important person in your mother’s, and I wanted to be sure that I asked you for your permission; to ask your mom to marry me.”   

 

“Do you love her with all your heart?” Sy’rai asked looking him in his eyes.

 

“Yes I do, I love your mom so much; she completes me and I never ever want to be with her or you again.”

 

“Then yes you have my permission.” Sy’rai hugged him and Maks felt so much relief.

 

“I need to make some phone calls first, so let’s keep this between us until later ok.” Maks told Sy’rai.

 

She responded by taking her fingers and sealing her lips.

 

“Oh goodness, you looked just like your mom when you did that.” Maks said shaking his head and chuckling.

 

“I know that’s who I got from.” She said from over her shoulder as she walked out of the room to allow Maks some privacy.

 

Maks called his parents in New York and told them what he was planning to do this evening and he started crying when his parents gave him their blessing and his mother started screaming in Russian when he told them about the baby.

 

“I told you my beautiful, strong son that my dream was going to come true and you were going to have a baby with Brandy.” She said in Russian.

 

“Thank you momma for not being upset that I did not choose a Ukrainian woman to marry.”

 

“My wish is for you and your brother to be happy, and if a

 Beautiful, brown American girl does that; then I am a happy mother.”

 

Their said their goodbyes with promises of seeing each other tomorrow when his plane landed in NY.

 

Next Maks called his brother Val and told him his plan and they spoke for about 15 minutes, when Val had to get off the phone, because a female voice in the background called out his name, and Maks was so sure that the voice belonged to none other; then Ms. Kelly Rowland. However his brother ended the call without telling him it was.

 

Maks smirked and shook his head and thought maybe his mama would end up with two beautiful, brown women as daughter in laws.

 

The next phone call was to Brandy’s parents and he was extremely nervous, he had no doubt that they liked him, but that was post the bachelor and Brandy’s pregnancy.

 

 

He called Ray J to get Mr. Norwood number and to also get a feel from Ray on how his parents felt about him.

Ray J answered on the fourth ring, “What’s up my brother from another mother, what’s been popping?”

Maks chuckled and then responded, “Nothing and then everything, how’s life treating you?”

“Everything is tight I’m making paper and you that’s all that counts. But what’s really up? I hear that congratulations are in order, big Papa.

“Yes I am so happy, I take it that your mom and dad know about Brandy’s pregnancy?”

“Yeah Bran told my dad and then we all met up and had a long deep discussion and we just let her know we are behind her 1000%, despite what happens between the two of you.”

“I appreciate that, Ray. However that’s why I am calling I just had a talk with Sy’rai and I asked her for her mother’s hand in marriage, and she gave me thumbs up, but I need your dad’s approval as well.”

“That’s what’s up, M; I knew you loved my sister, because you wouldn’t have gone to the extreme you did to get her to Jamaica. I told mom and pop that and just to trust your love for B.”

Maks mind traveled back to the time he and Brandy spent there and his heart constricted with thoughts of their lovemaking and the good time they shared together.

“Thanks man for believing in me and my love for your sister. I want you to come this evening about 8 when I propose to your sister.”

“I’ll be in the place, and thanks man; for making my sister’s dreams come true, deuces.

“I need your dad’s number.” Maks rushed out so that Ray wouldn’t hang up.

He jotted down the number and then ended his call with him. However he quickly dialed Mr. Norwood number before his nerves over took him.

 

“Hello.” Mr. Norwood answered in his smooth southern tenor voice.

“Mr. Norwood this is Maksim Chmerkovskiy calling, how are you sir?”

“I’m doing good son, how about you?”

“I’m doing great, and thanks for asking. The reason I am calling you is for two reasons one: I would like to apologize to you for getting your daughter pregnant out of wedlock and secondly: to ask for her hand in marriage.”

“Well son I appreciate you calling me man to man and apologizing, and your apology is accepted and yes you may marry my daughter. I am not going to grill you, because I know you love my daughter I saw it when the two of you danced together, the chemistry between you two was dynamic and you can’t make that stuff up. That is old school, and even though I don’t agree with having sex before marriage, I am just happy you two will be getting married.”

Maks didn’t realize he was holding his breath until Mr. Norwood finished speaking. He jumped up and pumped his fist into the air with joy and relief.

“Thank you so much sir, I promise I will make your daughter happy and our family.”

“I know you will.” Mr. Norwood sincerely stated.

“Can you and your wife come over at 8, for the official proposal?”

“Wouldn’t dream of missing it.”

They hung up the phone and Mr. Norwood turned to look at his wife, Sonia and she looked at him and then they both started smiling and she ran into his arms and they both shared tears of happiness and relief for their eldest child.

They had prayed and prayed that Maksim would do right by Brandy, but they were a little apprehensive of what would happen when he returned home from the Ukraine.

“Well it looks like Bran and I have a wedding to plan. Watch out Hollywood, you aint seen nothing yet!” Sonia said with one hand on hip and the other in a finger snap.

 

 

 

Maks found Brandy lying on the bed taking a nap, he sat down on the bed and gently caressed her face, her eyes fluttered opened and she smiled at him and then sat up leaning against the headboard for support.

“Hey where have you been, I was waiting in here for you, but you were taking so long.” Brandy said with a cut pout on her face.

“I had to make some important phone calls.”

“Did you tell your parents about the baby?” She asked him nervously.

“Yes I did.” He said smirking knowing she was nervous about his parents reaction.

“And, what did they say?” She asked looking everywhere but at him.

Maks lifted her chin and then he looked her deeply in her eyes and told her what his mother had said, and he could see the relief and the start of unshed tears in her eyes.

“Your mom, said that?”

“Yes she did, and she is excited about our little brown baby.” Maks joked.

“How do you feel about having a little brown baby?” brandy asked Maks.

“Well to be honest with you when I pictured having babies couple of years ago with Karina they weren’t brown, but since I’ve met you that’s all I can see and imagine.” He lovingly explained.

“I never thought I would have biracial children, but love has no color; it just is.”

“Exactly.”

“I love you Maksim with all my heart.”

“I love you too, Brandy.”

 

 

Later that evening around eight the doorbell rung and Brandy looked at Maks in puzzlement, because she was not expecting anyone.

“I wonder who that could be.” She said as walked to the door.

Maks and Sy’rai looked at each other with knowing smirks on their faces as they followed her to the door.

When Brandy opened the door she was shocked to see her parents and her brother standing on the other side.

“Hey what are you guys doing here? I was expecting you.” She said as she let them in while giving each of them a hug.

Her mother spoke up for the group and said, “We came to see Maks before he went back to New York.” She said hugging her granddaughter and future son in law.

Just then the doorbell rang again and Shorty Mack and the crew came busting in when she opened the door.

“Who invited you over?” A pissed off Sonia asked.

“Ma I did, it’s about to be celebration up in here.” Ray J said.

“Celebration for what?” Brandy asked, but her question went unanswered as the doorbell rung again and her friend Monica and her new husband, Shannon Brown of the Lakers stood waiting for invitation to come in.

By this time Brandy was really confused, but then a light bulb went off in her head they were to celebrate the news of the baby, but wait a minute she never told Monica. What in the hell is going on, she thought to herself.

Maks grabbed Brandy by the hand and led her into the large living room and the group followed.

Ray J’s phoned answered and he looked at the screen and then he answered turning his back to talk privately.

 

Sy’rai walked up to her mother and smiled as Maks knelt down on bended knee and then he pulled the red velvet box out of his pocket and then he looked up at Brandy, who had both of her hands over her mouth in shock as tears ran down her face.

“Brandy, you have brought so much joy to my life from the very first time I met you. You have brought me so much passion; that I could never imagine you not being in my life. I love you so much and I promise to be an honorable husband, friend and lover to you. Will you marry me?” Maks asked as tears rolled down his face and onto his shirt.

Brandy screamed and yelled, “Yes, yes, yes!”

Everyone in the room clapped and hugged as they watched Maks and Brandy embrace and kiss each other with so much passion, they almost felt as if they were intruding.

They broke away and Brandy hugged Sy’rai and her daughter whispered in her ear, “I already knew mommy, he asked for my permission to marry you.”

“Thank you, baby for saying yes.” And then she squeezed her even harder as they hugged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

I truly hope you have enjoyed this chapter. We are almost at the end!!!

Now tell me what you think.