Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay i messed up, I forgot to post the continuation of chapter nine. I realized it after i read some of the feedback, and the remark was made that they haven't had the 'erin' convo. Please forgive me I got so ahead of myself, and I threm myself off when I added the pics because VC has me up a chapter. Please read the continuation of ch.9 and then reread chp.10 for it to make sense. Sorry dear hearts.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Nine

 

Maks were abruptly awakened by the distracting ringing of the telephone. Maks reached over Brandy for the phone, and answered gruffly.

“Hello.” Maks said looking at the clock on the night stand, it was 2am.

“What’s up bro, I just left the hottest party and I’m headed to the 40/40 club; are you game?” asked his baby brother Val.

Maks looked over at Brandy who was still sleeping. “Not tonight, I’m preoccupied at the moment, call me back after the sun has been up for at least an hour.”

“What, you are usually closing the clubs with me. I saw Erin and she is pissed off with you. What did you do to her? Or what haven’t you done. She seemed real uptight, and nearly bit my head off.” He joked.

“I told you I’m busy and for the last time there is nothing between me and Erin, we’re really good friends.”

“Yeah friends with benefits, I told you not sleep with her, because she seemed like the clingy type.”

“It was one time and it wasn’t all that good, our freestyle dance had more passion.” Maks whispered into the phone.

Maks got out of the bed and went into the bathroom. If he would have glanced back he would have seen Brandy shooting daggers in his back

Val continued, “If you are going to mix business with pleasure, you should have gotten with Brandy, Man, she is one sexy babe, by the way I believe she was digging me. Remember that interview we did with Shaun Robinson and Brandy wanted me to come to your dance rehearsals? Maybe I should call her, Can I get her number?”

“Fuck no!” Maks said.

“Why? I would love to get to know her; she is the total package, bro.”

“Brandy is too old for you, and besides she’s seeing some else.”

‘Who is she seeing? I thought she was looking for the right one, and here I am big bro.”

Maks gritted his teeth and stared in the mirror, his brother whom he loved dearly was getting on his last nerve with his lustful comments about Brandy. Usually he wasn’t bothered by his brother’s comments about women he’s dated in the past, but he was still bothered by Brandy flirting with Val during that interview with Shaun Robinson.

“Listen Val, you are not getting Brandy’s number, because right now as I speak Brandy is lying in my bed, so good night, little bro.”

“Wait don’t hang up, did you just say that sexy Brandy, is there with you? When did the two of you hook up?”

Maks hesitated in telling Val the truth, but he was not ashamed of his feelings for Brandy nor was going to continue to keep it a secret.

“We hooked up during week 4.”

“Week 4! What dance was that?”

“The rumba.”

“Holy shit! Was it before or after that hot ass dance?”  

“Before. Listen I have to go. Talk to you in the morning.”

‘Don’t forget mama expects us for dinner tomorrow.”

“I know.”

Maks ended the call with his cool but annoying brother. The two of them were really close and they shared everything. The reason he felt compelled to share his relationship with Brandy.

Maks walked back into the room and got back into bed. He pulled Brandy close to him, and kissed the top of her head, and closed his eyes.

Brandy laid very still holding her breath, not wanting him to know she was awake. She was so angry with Maks, because he lied about being with Erin. She could hear the conversation with his brother through the phone and it hurt her that he couldn’t be honest with her about him and Erin.

This is exactly why she was not going to invest her heart with Maks; because he couldn’t be truthful with her about something that happen before they were together. She was going to enjoy the rest of her time in New York with Maks, but when she got back to LA, she was through with Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

 

 

 

Chapter 9 Continued

 

Brandy was awakened by Maks hands caressing her back.

“Wake up sleepy head.” Maks chanted.

“I’m awake,” she answered sleepily.

“No you’re not.” Maks started tickling Brandy.

“Stop, Maks, stop you know I hate to be tickled!” she screamed while laughing and trying to catch her breath.

Maks turned her over on her back and stared at her, however Brandy’s eyes stared at the ceiling. Maks could feel the tension in her body and he had a bad feeling.

“What’s wrong, sweetheart?” Maks asked tenderly.

Brandy took a deep breath and contemplated if she should let him know she was awake when his brother Val called.

“I can tell that something is bothering you. Are you still upset about our argument? I thought we apologized and moved on.”

Brandy decided she wanted to be mature about this, and to stop running away from issues that made her feel out of control.

“Maks remember when I asked you what happened between you Erin and you told me twice that the two of you were just really good friends? Well I was awake last night when Val called and heard what you said, about only having sex with her one time and that your freestyle dance had more passion.”

“Why didn’t you say something when I got off the phone?

“I was pissed off at you. Why couldn’t you just be honest with me? I knew there was something there between the two you, because she was too possessive towards you, and know I understand why she didn’t want me to go out to dinner with the two of you that night after the foxtrot dance. I could hear the jealousy in her voice when she made that comment about you never touching her ass as much as you did mine. And dude, why did she have to keep saying ‘my Russian’, like I really gave a fuck about the two of you, and what you had going on.” She spat angrily.

Maks was lost for words because he had never seen this side to Brandy.

“Well, cat got your tongue. You are such a liar, and I don’t need this, I have enough to deal with, than this BS.” She pushed him to get off the bed, but he grabbed her arm and pulled her back forcefully against the pillow.

“Where the hell you think you’re going? I gave you chance to talk and now you’re going to give me the same respect.” He said abruptly letting her arm go.

“Grabbed me like that again Maks, and so help me God!”

“I’m sorry, love,” he said remorsefully.

“Brandy you make me so frustrated, and you’re right I should have come clean about me and Erin, but I was so afraid that you wouldn’t give us a chance, and think that all I wanted from you was just sex.”

Brandy looked at Maks and then closed her eyes, she let out a frustrated scream, and said, “Maks this is crazy, I am so sick of this craziness that is surrounding us. I have had to block people on twitter who follow Erin, because they are threatening me if I don’t stay away from you. Are you serious dude? Do you believe that the two of us should get together when almost a year ago everyone was speculating if you and Erin were a couple?’ She implored.

 

“Brandy that’s your problem you worry too much about what other people think and that should not be your primary concern. Stop theorizing everything, because it’s only going to drive you crazy, and miss out one of the best things that ever happened to you.” H smiled giving her that sexy raised eyebrow smile.

“Maks I know, but I am tired of the negative comments about me concerning you. Did you know that there was a web site dedicated to Erin and you?”

“Yeah I know my publicist showed it to me.” He said blushing.

“I know it’s not your fault, but Maks this can be overwhelming. I just want to be happy, so crazy in love, and get married and raise my daughter and have so more babies. So all this madness is making me ask are you worth the trouble? The sex is off the charts, but is it enough, you live here in New York and I’m LA.”

“I will make it work, because I love you Brandy, and I can’t go back to being just your friend. I can’t handle the thought of you being with someone else. I love everything about you. You make me feel so good, and I can’t give you up.”

Brandy studied Maks face and knew deep in her heart, that Maks was telling her the truth. “I love you with all my heart Maks” and she hugged him tight and started crying.

She moved back and looked at him with glistening eyes, and he took his fingers and wiped her tears. “Don’t cry, baby. You know I hate to see you cry.”

“These are happy tears Maks; you know I cry about everything. She giggled with joy.

“Come on let’s get dressed and get some breakfast, said Maks pulling her from the bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Is it over for Brandy & Maks? What will happen when she goes back to LA?

Was Maks wrong for not telling Brandy about him and Erin? Let me know

 

your thoughts and comments.