Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    When Mayor Carol Lockwood announces her engagement to Bonnie’s father, businessman, David Bennett, Bonnie is not too happy. Carol Lockwood is the last person she’d have picked for her father and the idea of Tyler changing into a wolf anywhere near her, gives her the creeps. Worse yet, it is decided that David and Bonnie will be moving into the Lockwood mansion...

    But things don’t work out as Bonnie planned, when she finds that her new ‘step-brother’ is quite anxious to welcome her with open arms...

                                                                          ****

    “Heh? I didn’t quite get that, Daddy?” Bonnie asked as she sat at the dinner table, next to her father.

    David Bennett covered his daughter’s hand with his own.

    “I said that Carol Lockwood and I have been seeing a lot of one another.”

    Bonnie blinked.

    “Daddy, uh...Carol Lockwood who? The only one I know is the mayor.”

    David smiled tolerantly.

    “One and the same.”

    “You barely know her.”

    “We were secret lovers in highschool, Bonnie. But back then, things were a little different--racially. Richard is gone and your mother...well...the point is we love each other and plan to get married. And you know her son Tyler. This is going to work out Bonnie...BONNIE!”

    Bonnie Bennett had slipped out of her chair in a dead faint.

                                                                ****

    When she awoke, Bonnie was in her own bed. Her father had carried her to her room, after ascertaining that she had just fainted. He had called Carol, who had phoned a private doctor...just to make sure Bonnie wasn’t pregnant or anything. Bonnie didn’t especially appreciate the woman’s reasoning there!

    David had decided that seeing Elena and Caroline would put his daughter at ease. Right away, both Caroline(who had been invited in many times before) and Elena, were more than a little surprised to see Carol Lockwood there.

    “Hi, Mayor Lockwood.” Elena and Caroline said unison. Carol smiled at the girls.

    “Elena, Caroline, thank God. I’m glad you’re here. Maybe you can help Bonnie adjust to the news.”

    “Now, Carol, we don’t know that our news is what made Bonnie pass out.” David chided gently.

    “Bonnie passed out?” Elena asked. Actually, Caroline and her had come over to ask Bonnie to come with them to the Salvatore mansion. They had more ‘Klaus’ business to discuss.

    “Yes,” Carol said, “and I truly believe it was because of our news, David.  Elena, Caroline, David and I are getting married next month.”

    Neither Elena, nor Caroline, said a word--at first. Then they covered their shock and showered the couple with congratulations.

    “We’ll talk to Bonnie, Mrs. Lockwood,” Caroline gushed, “I’m sure she didn’t faint because of this. Actually we’re here because she seemed kind of sluggish at school.”

    Elena nodded.

    “Yeah, Mr. Bennett, I know Bonnie would just want you to be happy. We’ll see her now.”

    The girls smiled at the newly engaged couple, then casually walked up the stairs. Once out of sight, they rushed to Bonnie’s room, rapped on the door three times before hurrying inside! Bonnie sat up.

    “What are you two doing here?”

    Caroline closed the door while Elena sat down on the end of Bonnie’s bed.

    “Oh.  My. God. Bonnie...why didn’t you tell us that your father was dating the mayor?” Elena asked.

    “I didn’t know! My father is never home anyway! I wouldn’t know if he’s at a business meeting or on a date!”

    “Well, apparently he was on a date--dates.” Caroline huffed. “Bonnie, this means you’ll have to watch over Tyler.”

    Bonnie shook her head.

    “No!”

    “Bonnie!” Elena cried out. “Come on! You’ll be right there.”

    “I am NOT going to watch someone change into a wolf every full moon! He could change in the house!”

    “No!” Caroline told her. “Tyler wouldn’t do that. He goes down into the old slave quarters and chains himself up. He doesn’t want to see anyone get hurt.”

    “Then you watch over him!” Bonnie groused.

    “I did already! But since you’ll be living there...”

    “Oh God! I can’t think about this! I’m scared! I don’t want to live with a werewolf!”

    “Now Bonnie, that’s kind of prejudiced.” Elena said. “Tyler is still the same person...”

    “Oh please, Elena! You know what? I don’t want to talk about this anymore. Honestly, I don’t. Why are you here?”

    “Damon was wondering...” Elena began. Bonnie scrambled off of her bed.

    “The answer is ‘no’ to anything Damon wants.” she said. “I’m sorry, can we talk tomorrow? I just have to deal with this.”

    Caroline peered at her.

    “You really are upset, aren’t you? Tyler isn’t a bad guy or anything.”

    “I have no problems with Tyler. Tyler the human.”

    Elena folded her arms.

    “What if he acted that way because you were a witch?”

    “Yeah,” Bonnie said slowly, “that’s another thing. Here, I only have to keep that a secret from my father, who is never here. But Carol Lockwood and her son are a whole other story.”

    Elena looked at Caroline.

    “Tyler knows nothing about Bonnie, right?”

    Caroline shook her head.

    “No. But I had to tell him I’m a vampire.”

    This, was the first Elena and Bonnie were hearing of that! Bonnie eyed Caroline.

    “What did he say?”

    “What could he say? He’s a frickin’ werewolf!” Caroline sniffed.  Elena patted Bonnie’s shoulder.

    “I think this is an opportunity for you to help keep this town safe every full moon.”

    Bonnie said nothing to that. There was so much to think about now. How she would get through the wedding, she would never know.

                                                                        ****

    “Your mother is marrying Bonnie’s father?” Matt asked in wonder. They were working out in the gym on the Lockwood estate. Matt had gotten back together with Caroline, though Tyler didn’t see how it would work. He had been trying to convince Caroline to tell Matt the truth.

    “Yeah. I guess they knew each other from back in the day, but people were kind of prejudiced back then.” Tyler revealed.

    “I guess.” Matt noted. “That means Bonnie will be living here?”

    Matt wiped himself off with a towel. Both guys were shirtless and wearing shorts.

    “Yep!” Tyler said, pouring himself a drink that he shouldn’t. He sipped it, then looked at Matt.

    “Didn’t you tell me you saw Bonnie naked once?”

    Matt rolled his eyes!

    “I accidentally walked in on her in the shower, thinking she was Caroline. She had spent the night over at Caroline’s...I just got a quick look...”

    “Too quick to spare any details, bro?” Tyler grinned. Matt shook his head.

    “I like Bonnie.”

    “Hell yeah, I like her too!” Tyler grinned.

    “Yeah, well, stay out of her shower, okay?” Matt said, shaking his head at Tyler’s offer of a drink. Footsteps could be heard and Tyler threw the rest of a drink in a potted plant, then set the glass down. Carol opened the gym door and smiled at the boys.

    “Hi boys. Tyler, have you told Matt the news?”

    “I did, Mom. Did David tell Bonnie?” Tyler asked. Carol frowned.

    “Yes and I’m afraid she didn’t take it well. She passed out.”

    Matt refrained from smirking! Tyler ignored his friend and folded his arms.

    “Why?”

    “Caroline and Elena were there. They said she was sick at school. I sent Dr. Feurstein over as well. Just to make sure that she fainted for natural reasons.”

    Tyler and Matt eyed one another, before Tyler spoke.

    “Natural reasons, Mom?”

    “Well, darling, I know she’s been spending some time with Jeremy Gilbert. I wanted to make sure she wasn’t with child.”

    Now, Matt burst out laughing!

    “You thought Bonnie could be pregnant by Jeremy Gilbert?! Oh God...”

    Carol gave Matt a dirty look and he stopped laughing. She then looked at Tyler.

    “I just needed to know if I was about to get a pregnant step-daughter, that’s all. Now, Tyler, I know Bonnie and you have known one another for years. But I want you to make every effort to welcome her into the family.”

    “I will Mom. Don’t worry.” Tyler smiled. His mother kissed him on the cheek, smiled at Matt, then left the gym.  Once the door closed, Matt howled with laughter again!

    “Jesus man! I’d like to be a fly on the wall here when you all have a ‘family dinner’!”

    Tyler drummed his fingers along the top of a highback chair.

    “Why do you think Bonnie really fainted?”

    Matt shrugged.

    “You heard your mother. Caroline and Elena said she didn’t feel well. Speaking of Caroline, I have to pick her up. We’re going out later.”

    Tyler nodded absently and Matt left. Tyler picked up his towel, then took a swig of bottled water this time. Bonnie had passed out. He would ask Caroline what that had really been all about.