Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 12

Jackson

Halloween was on a Tuesday night and I have not heard from my girl since then. She won’t return my calls and my flowers have been unaccepted. I tried to go to her house a few times and she wouldn’t let me in. Here it was, Saturday morning and she still won’t call me back. I felt that Davia was acting a bit childish and I was not going to kiss her ass. Besides, I didn’t have the time to show up to her place every day with this hectic work schedule that I have. The only thing I really did was call her, but her phone was going straight to voicemail.

I decided to take a break from my morning workout. I grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off of my bare chest as I picked up my phone. I dialed Davia once more as I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Seth walking in with a huge grin on his face. He ran upstairs for a few minutes and then came down.

“Hey, Dav, it’s me. How many times do I have to apologize before you talk to me? I miss you, baby and I know you miss me. Would you at least do me a favor? Can you meet me at my house tonight for dinner around 7:00pm, please? I love you. Bye,” I replied as Seth sat on a barstool.

“Wha-whap!” Seth replied as he did the “whipped”sound. I gave him an evil stare.

“What do you want? You don’t live here anymore, but yet you’re here. Why?” I asked as I walked to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water.

“I just came by to get my blank CD’s. I left them. So, Davia’s still pissed off with you?”

“How did you know that?” I asked.

“Oh, just from the way you were kissing her voicemail’s ass through the phone a few minutes ago did I figure that you were still in the doghouse,” Seth asked as I groaned. I took a long sip of water and stared at him.

“Yeah. I mean, I’ve called, I’ve sent flowers, I sent her her favorite fuckin’ cheesecake, with extra strawberries and she still won’t talk to me. This relationship shit is for the birds,” I replied as Seth shook his head.

“I beg to differ. This relationship shit, as you put it, is kind of cool,” Seth replied as I looked at him.

“I guess things are going well with Brianna?” I asked, not really giving a shit at the time. Hey, I was having my own problems. I didn’t want to hear how happy he was when I was miserable. I guess I’m a shitty big brother, but oh well.

“Very well and that’s all I have to say. J, can I be real with you?” Seth asked.

“Sure,” I replied as I looked at my brother.

“Davia looked pretty hot that night,” Seth stated as I took another swig of water.

“Yeah, I know. She came to meet me at my office and the only thing I could think of was how I wanted to rip those fishnet stockings off of her legs with my teeth. And the way that costume hugged her ass, I was just…,” I replied thinking about Davia in that costume, but Seth interrupted me.

“Okay, I get it. She looked hot as hell. You wanted to fuck the shit out of her. The message has been received. Jackson, Davia danced with a lot of guys that night. I mean, you didn’t believe that a girl that looks like Davia wouldn’t get any male attention, especially dressed like that,” Seth said as I leaned against the wall. I didn’t have time to think about what she was going to do at that party because I was up to my elbows in work. Now, I’m thinking about it and the more that I think about it, the more ticked off I’m becoming.

“Yeah. I mean, I’m not worried about it. She’s my woman, so they can dance and flirt. No big deal,” I countered back trying to make myself believe what I just said.

“Uh huh. Well, there was this one guy who spent a lot of time with her that night and this dude was like one of those Abercrombie types, and she seemed to be having a good time with him. It seemed like she knew him or something,” he replied. My jaw clenched and I just stared at my brother, thinking about who could have been pressed up with my girl all night.

“Don’t worry, nothing bad happened, from what I could see. She didn’t leave with the guy or anything. They were just dancing. But the way that dude was looking at her…well, he wanted a piece, that’s all,” Seth replied.

I pulled on the drawstrings of my knee length workout shorts, trying to calm down. “Did you know this guy?”

“Naw, I’ve never seen him before, but my point is, you need to make up with Davia and quick, because the way she looked at me when I spotted her with that dude was like, ‘I don’t give a shit, tell your brother’,” Seth replied as I pulled the drawstring on my shorts slowly.

“I see,” I replied just thinking about what Seth was telling me.

“All I’m saying is, that Davia’s young and very attractive and maybe if you would have been there, some of the male attention that she received wouldn’t have reached her. Brianna was dressed as this sexy French maid and I saw the looks she got, but the guys knew she wasn’t alone. I’m just saying that I wouldn’t have wanted Brianna to go out without me dressed like that, that’s all,” Seth replied.

“But I had to work, Seth. I had to work,” I replied.

“A fact that you should have let her in on earlier. You forgot about a date with her, J. That’s a pretty shitty thing to do,” Seth replied.

“I didn’t do it on purpose. I love her, but I had real shit to take care of. You know that,” I replied.

“I know that, but the next time you make a date with your girl, remember it. Don’t promise shit that you can’t deliver,” Seth said.

I bit my bottom lip, then spoke. “Yeah, I know. That’s why I asked her to meet me here tonight for dinner.” Seth shook his head no.

“No, no, no you can’t do that,” Seth stated.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Think about it. If you ask her to meet you on your home turf, she’s going to feel like you have the upper hand and she’s going to be uncomfortable. She’s going to think you just want to fuck and if she’s here, she’ll be able to leave and you don’t want her to do that. I mean, if you ask her to come over here, I know what you are going to do…candles are gonna be lit, flowers are going to be over every visible surface, sexy music is going to be playing…shit like that. I know you kid, and she’s going to think that you planned everything to get back into her good graces so you can get back into her panties,” Seth stated.

“But that’s the idea, Seth. To get back on track and to get some ass,” I replied.

“Yeah, man, but you can’t let her know that. That romance shit with all of this tension between you two is only going to make her leary and it’s just lame considering the situation. I suggest that you plant yourself in front of her house with a single red rose and not leave until she talks to you. Forget that over the top romantic gesture shit that I am sure you were thinking about and just be you. If you go to her house, she’s going to feel she has more control of the situation and that will make her open up more. A few days after you guys make up, then you do the flowery shit. Trust me,” Seth replied.

I thought about what my suddenly relationship wise brother was saying and decided to do just that. She usually helped at the dance studio on Saturday’s until 12:00pm. I’d just sit and wait for her to come home and make her talk to me. Yeah, that sounded like a plan.

“I think I’m going to take your advice, Seth. When the hell did you learn so much about women?” I asked.

“I had a different woman every week for the past 15 years. If I didn’t learn something with that kind of experience, then shame on me. I gotta go and meet Brianna at her place, so I’ll talk to you later. Good luck, bro,” Seth replied as he got up from the barstool and left my house.

I looked over at the time on the microwave. I could take a quick shower and sit in front of her door and wait for her. Yeah, I could do that.
*********************************************************
Davia

I trudged up the walkway to my apartment totally drained. The day before, I studied until 2am, aided by tons and tons of coffee. Then, I had to be at the studio this morning at 8 to teach, aided by more coffee. I had been dealing with pre pubescent prima donnas all morning and I missed my boyfriend. At the end of the afternoon, I promise you I was sweating coffee. I pulled my caramel colored velour jogging suit hoodie over my head and sighed. On top of that, I had a ton of work to do for school. Right about now, my life sucks.

As I walked to my door, I see Jackson…and he looks so good. He’s holding a yellow rose and he’s smiling at me. I, however am not smiling back at this moment in time. He doesn’t deserve to be graced with one of my gorgeous smiles just yet. He’s got some groveling and pleading to do and it starts now.

“Hey darlin’,” he replied as I walked in front of him to open my door.

“Hello, Jackson,” I replied as I felt his eyes give me a slow once over. I know his eyes lingered on my ass because it looked damn good in my caramel, low rider velour jogging pants. I slowly opened the door and walked in slowly. I could still feel his eyes taking me in. He walked in behind me and waited. He closed the door, locked it and walked in. I walked to my room to put my things away and to take off my hoodie. He knew better than to follow me. I came back out and looked at him. He was damn fine, but he had pissed me off.

I walked back into the living room, now comfortable in my caramel colored baby tee that displayed a bit of my waist with “Diva” in cursive rhinestones across it and my low rider velour pants curving my ass and hips in just the right way. I felt his eyes on my ass as I stood, staring at him.

“You look incredible, Davia. Really good,” he replied.

“Thank you,” I said as we looked at each other. Jackson walked towards me until he was staring down into my eyes.

“This is for you,” he said as he handed the flower to me. I accepted it and just stood looking at him. There was an awkward tension surrounding us that could be cut with a knife.

“Thanks, again,” I replied as I walked over to my chocolate leather Lazyboy chair to sit down. I didn’t want to sit on the sofa because I knew he would just sit next to me, and right now, I didn’t want to be that close to him. This way, he had to sit his ass on the sofa and talk to me. The “ooh baby, baby’ Jedi Mind tricks were not going to work today. Uh uh.

“Did you get my messages?” Jackson asked as he sat on the sofa. See, he knew it wasn’t safe yet. He has plenty of sense.

I stared at him and said, “Yes.”

“Davia, I’m sorry…”

I held my hand up. “Before you go into the apologies again, lets recap. I asked you a month in advance if you would be able to go to that party with me. You promised me. I hate it when people promise things and break them. How could you promise me, then forget?”

“I had it in my Palm Pilot, but that week was absolutely chaotic and I didn’t check it Friday. My secretary had given me a list of appointments and meetings for that day and I just didn’t check it. I’m sorry,” Jackson stated sincerely.

“The thing is, you treated me as if I was a spoiled little girl and that hurt,” I said.

“I know that you’re not a spoiled little girl, but at the time, you seemed so unreasonable, Davia. I had a deadline to make,” Jackson replied.

“Listen, Jackson, I understand your job. I don’t have a problem with you working late or not seeing me for a few days. That’s fine. What I don’t like is being blown off and that’s what you did! I guess you expected me to just walk out of there after you told me you couldn’t come with me to the party with a smile on my face. Sorry to disappoint you, but you disappointed me. If you would have called me earlier that week and cancelled, hey, I would have understood. If you would have called me earlier that day and told me about the deadlines and everything, I would have been a disappointed, but not angry. You waited until I was in your office, dressed in all of my Halloween fineness to tell me you forgot and couldn’t come to the party with me! You forgot about me! That shit hurt, Jackson…like hell,” I replied as I stood up to get something to drink from the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water. I just stood against the counter as Jackson followed me.

“I’m sorry that I hurt you, Davia and I feel like shit for it. You didn’t deserve that,” he replied as I looked up into his eyes. They were sincere and they said what he was saying. But, I was still mad, so he had more groveling to do.

“You should feel like shit. All I wanted was to spend time with you, have some fun. I wore that costume for you and you just brushed me off. You forgot about me, Jackson. How can you forget about me?” I asked.

He ran a hand through his hair. “You know that I wouldn’t intentionally forget about you, Dav. I think about you all the time. Baby, I could never forget about you. I love you. I had a really busy week and I didn’t mean to behave that way with you or forget. I just found out the reason I was suddenly so immersed in cases. I’m up for partner and I had a lot of shit going on at the time,” I replied as he leaned against the other side of the counter away from me. Deep down, I knew he was sorry. I could tell the from the look in his eyes.

“You’re up for partner? That’s great,” I replied with a small smile. He grinned at me.

“Thanks. Davia, I fucked up. I really fucked up,” he said.

“You damn right you fucked up,” I said as he moved a little closer to me.

“I was a sucky boyfriend, and I apologize. I’ve missed you,” Jackson said softly.

“I missed you too. I’m glad you realize…owww!” I screamed as I banged my right big toe against the counter. I grabbed it and began to jump up and down like a kangaroo.

“That really sounds like it hurts,” Jackson replied. I gave him the look of death.

“No, I’m just screaming, wincing and jumping around for nothing. Yeah, it hurts!” I exclaimed as Jackson walked over to me and picked me up. Damn, he smelled good and it felt good to be this close to him. Just him holding me and looking at me like I was the best thing since the toaster was created made me forgive him. I had forgiven him…shit. I couldn’t help it. I know. I’m a punk. A big punk. But he was fine and I was weak. Weak, I tell you!

“Come on, sit down,” he replied as he placed me on the sofa and knelt down in front of me. I continued to hold my toe as he pried my hands away. He pulled off my slipper and looked at my red, throbbing toe.

“Owww,” I whimpered. I had hit my toe so hard that I had broken the nail and cut it. It was red and bleeding slightly.

“That does look like it hurts. I’ll be right back,” he said as he walked to my bathroom. He came back with my first aid kit and sat back in front of me. He pulled my right foot into his hands. He pulled out a cotton swab and dabbed it with the peroxide. He cleaned my toe gently and gazed at me.

“I hope you know that I meant what I said, Dav. I didn’t mean to hurt you and I’m sorry. I would have been at that party if I had paid attention to my schedule and not had anything pressing,” he replied as his eyes went back down to my toe. I hadn’t spoken. He pulled out a tube of Neosporin and a bandage for my toe. He opened the tube of ointment and put a dab on his fingertip. Then, he rubbed it gently on my cut.

“Ssss…oww,” I winced from the pressure from his finger on the open cut.

“I’m sorry, baby. I would have loved to be at that party with you in that sexy costume. Come to think of it, when you showed up to my office, I was thinking of ways to get you out of it. I heard that you danced with some guy for a while that night. I don’t want to know about him, and I don’t want to talk about that. You were pissed and you needed to have fun. You deserved to have fun. I just wish I was the guy that was with you that night,” Jackson replied as he picked up the bandage and began to place it on my sore toe. He looked up at me for a minute, then he went back to his task.

“I know that I sucked ass in the boyfriend category for that, but give me a chance to grovel and make it up to you. I don’t want to lose you over something like that and it will never happen again. I swear,” he whispered as he finished bandaging my toe. He looked at my toe, raised his eyes to mine and kissed my banged up toe slowly. He planted another soft kiss on my toe and rubbed my foot gently. He sure knew how to get out of the doghouse. His hands felt scrumptious on my foot.

“As long as you understand that you need to communicate with me concerning things like that and not promise me anything that you can’t keep, then we’re fine. I forgive you,” I said as he grinned. He kissed my toe once more and sat up. His face was inches from mine, his arms on either side of me and his eyes on my lips.

"Thank you sweetness," he replied.

"Can I tell you one other thing?" I asked.

"Of course, baby," he replied.

"Watch Marayna Ruiz. She has a thing for you," I said.

"You think so? I mean she's smiled at me, but really? You think she's interested in me?" he asked. Men. They are so stupid sometimes.

"Yes I do, especially with the 'I want to suck your dick eyes she gave you. I don't trust the heifer. She'll make a move soon enough and when she does, you better tell her where to go or I will," I replied. Jackson grinned.

“I heard you baby, but you don't have anything to worry about. All I want is you," he said sweetly.

"Yeah, but women are scandalous and Ms. Ruiz is a straight up scandalous bitch. Watch her," I said once more.

"As you wish. Can I get a kiss, now?” Jackson asked as I smiled.

“Nope. I want to know how you are going to make this up to me,” I replied as he grinned.

“Are you free tonight?” he asked.

“Not really. I have some studying to do,” I said.

“Alright. Why don't I come over here and we just hang. I have some work to finish and you'll be studying. I just want to be with you, anyway that I can," he replied.

"That sounds cool," I replied.

"So, are you free Friday night?" he asked.

"Yep. Why?" I asked.

"So this is how it’s going to go down. First, I’m going to take you out to eat, then I’ll let you drag me to the ballet,” he replied.

“Ooh, I want someplace good and pricey. You’re actually going to bring me to the ballet? Me likey so far. What else?” I asked as I felt his lips go to my neck. He inhaled slowly and sighed deeply as his lips left light, soft, airy kisses along my neck. His hands were on my waist now.

“I’m going to ask you to wear that costume again so I can do all the things that I wanted to do to you that night,” he whispered as his lips made there way to my right ear. He sucked my earlobe gently into his mouth, then bit it. Damn, he knew what he was doing as I felt the moisture build between my legs.

“Oh, hell no. That costume was a once a year thing. You missed it. You won’t be able to see me dressed that slutty until next Halloween. Sorry,” I replied. Those damn lips went back to my neck and I sighed as my hands weaved into his hair.

“Please sugar? I’ll really make it worth your while. You won’t be sorry,” he whispered as his lips went to my chin as his eyes stared into mine. I licked my lips slowly and stared back at him.

“Oh, really?” I asked. I’m not going to even lie. At this point, I was hotter than a jalapeno’s coochie. He grinned at me as he kissed my cheeks, then gave my lips light kisses.

“Yes. I have a lot to make up for,” he whispered as he continued to give my lips light kisses. I pulled him closer.

“You sure do,” I whispered as he stopped kissing me. He just stared at me.

“You are so beautiful. I don’t know what I did to deserve you. Damn, I love you,” he whispered as his thumb stroked my cheek. I grinned.

“You definitely know what to say to get what you want. I’ll think about wearing the costume. What are you going to do to help me make up mind?” I asked. Jackson grinned as his lips firmly came down on mine. I felt his tongue lick the seam of my lips and I opened my mouth hungrily. His hands went to my face as we kissed. Our tongues scraped across each other as we tasted one another. I didn’t realize how much I missed him until he kissed the shit out of me. When we parted, we were both panting and staring into each other’s eyes. I licked my lips and then he licked them. My panties were completely waterlogged at this point.

“Okay. I’ll bring the costume,” I whispered as he grinned and pulled my face back to his, bringing his lips back to mine again. We kissed like we had never kissed before and I felt so close to him.

I know, I know. I’m weak, but shit, I’m only human. He’s just so fine and sexy and he can kiss…damn the man can kiss!

Got damn it! He Jedi mind tricked me! Oh well. He’s got a lot of making up to do and I’m going to make sure that he does it all…but not tonight. I can't make it easy for him. But if he keeps kissing me like that, he may find himself a victim of rape. No, no sex tonight. But I really want to. Damn, do I want to.