Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 13

Jackson

Suffice it to say, I definitely made it up to Davia. I ordered her favorite Indian food, lit 50 candles, planted calla lilies all over the place, and showed her that I was indeed sorry. That costume of hers would never see the light of day again, thanks to yours truly and she called me to say that she was glad that she wouldn’t be seeing me for a few days because she needed time to recuperate from our activities. You know I smiled after hearing that, right? Right.

I handled my business. That’s all I’m going to say.

Thanksgiving came and went without a hitch. Davia and I both went to our family’s houses and to see the look on my mother’s face when Seth walked in holding Brianna’s hand and smiling was priceless. Seth has never brought a woman around the family and my mother basically passed out. When she finally came to, she had a perpetual grin on her face for the entire day. She pulled us both to the side and stated that she was so glad that we had girlfriends who actually ate food and it was a treat to not have to watch someone actually take a small bite off of a roll and count the carbs in their head. That in itself made her day. I later found out from Davia (who my mother thinks is absolutely adorable) that she thinks the same way about Brianna and told Brianna that whatever she was doing to keep Seth from being inside different women’s orifices each week to keep on doing it. My father flirted shamelessly with both of them as usual. My playboy uncle Thomas who Seth nicknamed Donald Trump asked Davia for her phone number. Typical holiday scene at the Aldridge house.

Davia’s house was no different. Falene and Bryce kept giving each other goo goo eyes all day. Demetrius and Davia’s friend Megan fought constantly and her boyfriend was sitting right next to her. Davia and I just sat back, observed everything and laughed. It was clear as day that Demetrius had a thing for Megan and vice versa. Davia, Falene and their father had to continually tell them to stop arguing all day.

Seth disclosed to me what happened at Brianna’s family’s house. Her father didn’t like him because he assumed that Seth was just a white boy looking to get his kicks with a pretty black girl. Her mother, loved him, and was way cool, as Seth stated. Brianna and her father ended up arguing and it was a mess. I told my brother that he was dating Brianna and not her father and at least her mom liked him. Seth had some stuff to deal with. I’m glad I wasn’t in his shoes.

It was the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and I had cleared my schedule for lunch because my mother wanted to take me out. She usually took Seth and I to lunch once a month. She said the reason she did that was because she loved us and she wanted to put her eyes on us and get in our business. My mother’s cool and funny as hell and I love the hell out of her. Lunch with her was never boring and she always found a way to make me think about things.

Connie, my secretary buzzed me and told me that my mother was here. My mother, Patricia Aldridge walked in with a huge smile on her face.

“Hey baby. Are you ready?” my mother asked. I smiled back at her.

“Um, almost, have a seat. I’ll be done in 5 minutes,” I replied as my mother sat down. She plopped on the sofa and smiled.

“You’re always so busy when I come here,” she replied.

“I have a job, mama, so I’m always gonna be busy. We can’t all be retired and fancy free like you and dad, having little sexcapades all day,” I replied as she grinned.

“Such a smart ass,” she replied.

“Your fault, not mine. So, what do you want to eat?” I asked, looking through some paperwork on my desk.

“I’m in the mood for Thai. That sound good to you?” my mother asked as I nodded yes in agreement. Connie then buzzed that Marayna was here to drop off some paperwork. I told her to send her in and a few minutes later, Marayna walked in, looking hot as always. Her hair was pulled back in a sideways bun with a slate grey suit, with a pencil thin skirt that showcased everything that she was born with. I always appreciated a beautiful woman, but she wasn’t Davia, and as soon as I thought about her, it was, Marayna who?

Marayna smiled at my mother and said, “Hello.”

“Hi,” my mother replied with one of those “who’s this” grins on her face.

“Hi, Jackson. I know you’re off to lunch, but I wanted to drop these off for you to look over before we meet at 2pm,” she stated as she walked around and stood next to me to show me where she made corrections and other notes. I spoke with her about them and introduced her to my mother.

“Mama, this is Marayna Ruiz, one of the smartest attorneys at the firm. She’s co-counsel with me on a few cases. Marayna, this is my mother, Patricia Aldridge,” I said as my mother stood up to shake Marayna’s hand.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Mrs. Aldridge,” Marayna replied with a huge smile.

“Thank you. It’s nice to meet you as well. You have a lovely name,” my mother said.

“Thank you so much. Jackson has your eyes and your nose. Very good genes I must say,” Marayna stated with a grin as she looked back at me. I smiled and looked at my mother.

“You may, but those come from my mother. His daddy’s side of the family genes aren’t anything to cry home about,” my mother stated as Marayna laughed.

“But I look just like your husband, my father,” I replied as my mother walked up to me and cupped my face.

“Your daddy lucked out, Jackie. The rest of those people have horrible jaws, bad teeth and crooked noses. You’ve seen them. You know,” my mother replied as I sighed.

“Ma…not now. Come on, let’s go and eat. Marayna, thanks for the documents and I’ll see you at 2,” I replied as Marayna smiled at me and my mother once more.

“Okay, I’ll see you later. Enjoy your lunch. Again, very nice to meet you. I hope to see you again,” Marayna stated. My mother just smiled at her. I knew that smile and it wasn’t good.

“It was a pleasure. Goodbye,” my mother replied as Marayna walked out of the door. She put her arm through mine and I put my keys and wallet in my pocket and walked out of my office.

We arrived at the restaurant fifteen minutes later. After we placed our orders, my mother began to talk about Seth.

“Did your brother tell you what happened with Brianna’s father?” my mother asked.

“Yeah, he did,” I replied.

“You would think an educated man, a doctor no less, wouldn’t be so ignorant. I mean, Brianna is such a sweetie pie and Seth is totally enamored with her. I could see that he was in love with that girl the moment they walked in the house. Why couldn’t he?” my mother asked as she sipped her lemonade.

“People see what they want to see, mama. You know that. I just told Seth that he’s dating Brianna and not her father and just to tread lightly,” I replied.

“Well, I told him don’t mind that horses ass. Brianna is a grown woman and their relationship is their business. He told me Brianna said the same thing to him. Then she stated that she loved her father, but she wasn’t going to let him dictate whom she should be with. I knew I liked that girl. She’s got a little spunk underneath all that sweet,” my mother replied with a grin.

I smiled. “Yeah, it seems she does.”

“So, how’s Davia doing?” my mother asked.

“She’s good. She’s really busy with school, but she’s fine. We’re okay. I’m happy, ma,” I stated with a grin.

“I can see that. If you want to stay that way, take my advice,” my mother began.

“Don’t I always?” I asked, still grinning.

“Hell no. That’s why you ended up with, what is it that you called her? I loved that name,” my mother said with a grin.

“Hellish Bitch,” I supplied.

“Yeah, Paulina, Hellish Bitch. I told you she was just an opportunistic, skeezy gold digger but you were sex whipped. But, thank the Lord for that poor boy Jonathan Schlosky, who took that little twit off of your hands. You’ve finally got a decent girl and I like her a lot. So listen to my advice this time,” my mother said.

“Alright, I will. Fire away,” I stated.

“Always communicate with her and be there for her. Romance the hell out of her and treat her right, love her right. And last but not least, watch the little Salsa girl in your office. I don’t like her. She’s trouble,” my mother replied.

“Salsa girl?” I asked.

“That Marayna person. Oh, my gorgeous boy, she wants you…bad,” my mother said as she shook her head. Our appetizer came out and my mother and I began to eat.

I looked at my mother and shook my head. “What’s up with this Marayna wanting me crap? First Davia, now you.”

“So, Davia’s met her?” my mother asked.

“Yeah,” I replied as I told my mother what happened Halloween night. After reaming me a new one, she began to settle down and speak to me like a sane person.

“Davia picked up on it, too? Smart girl. You’re the only one oblivious, honey,” my mother said.

“She hasn’t came on to me or anything and we’ve been working together for awhile,” I said.

My mother shook her head at me like I was clueless. “That woman is waiting for the right opportunity, Jackson. I’d bet my bikini wax on it.”

“Ma, I really don’t want to hear about your...ewww. Can you say, traumatized? Gross,” I said.

“Oh, blow it out of your ass, Jackie. That girl looked at you like she wanted you on a platter. You didn’t hear the way she was talking about how we have the same nose and eyes and shit like that? The way that she inched closer to you when she was showing you her notes and whatnot? I’m telling you, baby, you give that woman an opening and she’ll be on her back or on her knees for you in a heartbeat. I bet she’s named your firstborn already.”

I looked at my mother, completely out of it. The woman hadn’t winked at me or flirted with me or anything. I guess I better keep my guard up. Davia and my mother couldn’t possibly be wrong.

“You think so?” I asked.

“I know so. Trust your mama. The more I think about it…wait a minute. That little heifer knows that you and Davia are dating and she still wants you? That little conniving witch! That’s it! I really don’t like her now and if you fall for Jennifer “Ho”pez and her charms and do something that would mess up your good thing with Davia, I’m going to kick your ass,” my mother replied as she chewed her food.

“I’m not going to cheat on Davia with her or anyone else. Yeah, Marayna’s pretty and all, but I got eyes for one woman. I’m in love with one woman. Davia,” I stated with a grin.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that. You heed what I said, Jackie and watch that woman. I know you only see me as your mama, but I’m a woman all of the time and I know when another woman has got a thing for a man and she has a thing for you bad, baby. Be careful. I can’t blame her though. At least she has good taste,” my mother replied as she winked at me. I grinned at her and let what she said sink in. I guess I’m going to have to watch my back.

I got back to the office for my meeting with Marayna for 2 and we figured it was going to be a late night, so we ordered a few pizzas. Marayna had pulled her hair down and taken off her jacket and opened one too many buttons on her blouse. She pulled her long legs on the table and leaned her head back for a few minutes, and sighed. Then she looked at me.

“Long day?” I asked as I ate a slice of pizza.

“Extremely long, but at least we’re getting some headway,” she replied, sitting back up. The next thing I know, her chair is closer to mine as she’s eating.

“Your mother is very beautiful. You two seem like you’re very close,” she replied.

“Yes, we are. She’s also a handful, but I wouldn’t have it any other way,” I replied with a grin.

“That’s very cool. They say you can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats his mother and from what I’ve seen briefly, you are a good man. Davia is very lucky,” she replied as she looked into my eyes. I looked back into hers and noticed that she had inched closer to me. Interesting.

“No, I’m the lucky one,” I replied as Marayna touched my hand and smiled at me. What the hell?

Oh yeah. She’s definitely coming on to me.

“No, from where I’m sitting, she is. I mean, you don’t find intelligent, employed, sweet, sexy, gorgeous men everyday. I don’t know why, but most men are intimidated by me. But you don’t seem fazed by me in the least? Why is that? Is it because of Davia?” Marayna asked.

She was something else, I thought as I looked at her and pulled my hand away. “Well, I guess I never saw you in that way. I only look at you as a co-worker, and yeah, Davia has a huge part to do with it.”

“So you’re telling me that you don’t find me attractive?” Marayna asked as she inched closer. I knew what was going on now. Wow, was she something else.

“No, you’re a very attractive woman. It’s not like that. I’m in love with my girl and that’s given me tunnel vision regarding other women. But believe me, 90% of the guys who work here would love to have a shot with you. But not me,” I replied as her sexy smile turned into a small grin.

“So I guess me asking you to dinner tomorrow night would be out,” she said.

I smiled at her. “Definitely out. Sorry.” I looked at my watch and stood. “I’m going to call it a night. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

The smile she gave me now was bigger than the previous one. This is not what you usually expect from a woman who you’ve just turned down.

“Sure. Tomorrow,” she replied as she grinned. I walked back to my office and packed my briefcase. I guess I’m going to have to tell Davia and my mother that they were right and I was definitely going to have to watch Ms. Ruiz.
*********************************************************
Davia

I guess I’d better tell Jackson what went down with Spencer. It’s not a big deal, just that Spencer kissed me. Yeah, I better tell him. Especially with the way he’s all relaxed and lying in my lap. Okay, here goes. I pulled my butter yellow camisole top down as my fingers played in his hair.

“That was a good movie, huh?” he asked as he got up to turn off the DVD player. I sat up and pulled my hair out of the scrunchie, ran my fingers through it and put it back on as he turned the TV back to the satellite setting. Alright, this was going to be a little hard, especially with him crawling to me with that black wifebeater on and those grey sweatpants, going commando. Damn. Why should I tell him? I handled the situation. Right?

“Yeah, good,” I said, staring at a spot on the wall.

We hadn’t spoken that much this week and this was the first time in a long time that I’ve actually been able to spend the whole weekend with him. It was Friday night and we had planned to meet Bree and Seth tomorrow for paintball, putt putt and pizza. Just a fun day. But I hope that after I tell him this my fun day isn’t ruined.

He sat up in the middle of the bed and pulled me on his lap. Then, he wrapped my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist, his arms around my waist. Jackson pulled my scrunchie off and played with my hair until it was situated around my face the way he liked it. He loved my hair down and he loved to run his fingers through it.

“Now, that's better. I like seeing all that beautiful black hair down. You're kind of quiet, sugar. What’s going on with you Dav?” he asked as those damn beautiful eyes of his seared into mine.

“Stuff…lots of stuff,” I stated.

“Well, why don’t you tell me about this stuff because you look a little weird and you’re too pretty to be looking so weird, ” he replied as he smiled at me. I took a deep breath and spoke.

“Spencer kissed me yesterday, but I handled it and it won’t happen again. Whoo, I’m glad I got that out. Want some nachos?” I asked as I tried to get up. Jackson held me in my place.

Jackson’s grin turned into a straight line and his eyes turned dark green. “No, I don’t want any fuckin’ nachos. I want to beat the shit out of Spencer.”

“Jackson, you don’t have to do that,” I said, looking at him.

“The hell I don’t! I knew it from the moment that I met his pretty boy ass that he wanted you. Tell me everything…right now,” Jackson stated angrily. I took my arms from around his neck and put my arms to the side.

I told him that Spencer and I were working on finishing our paper and we began to talk about a few things. The next thing I knew, Spencer kissed me and I pulled away. I told him that I was in love with Jackson and it was serious. He said that he thought he had an opening to kiss me. I told him he was wrong and I liked him, but only as a friend. He sincerely apologized and told me that he thought he had a chance. I told him him no and we began to talk about other things. I finally found out why Spencer was so into me in the first place. I reminded him of a girl that he used to date...a black girl. We began to talk and the more we spoke, the more I realized that Spencer really didn’t want me, he wanted the idea of me.

He apologized profusely and told me that he didn’t want to stop working with me or being my friend because most of the other women he had classes with were just too serious and wouldn’t know fun if it knocked them in the head. I forgave him because now I knew the real deal. So, I decided to see if I could hook Spencer up with someone that was like me, but not me. I thought about my favorite cousin Natasha. We not only favored each other, but personality wise, you would think she came out of the womb with me. She was in her first year of grad school and didn’t really have time to date. I began to think about this as I contemplated how I could hook these two up without them knowing it.

After I told Jackson everything, he just looked at me. I was still in his lap and I could tell he was mulling everything over. His hands were on my ass and he was drumming his fingers. He usually drummed his fingers when he was thinking or upset. I knew it was both.

“Say something,” I said.

“I want to beat the shit out of Spencer…right now,” Jackson replied calmly.

“But you don’t have to do that. Seriously, it’s taken care of. It will not happen again. Furthermore, I informed him that if he tried some shit like that again, he would probably find himself having testicular removal surgery. He didn’t like that,” I replied as Jackson smiled a little. We spoke about the situation some more and he calmed down. I made him realize that I didn’t have to be rescued and that I could handle things myself. That’s when he dropped what I already knew on me.

“Well, I'll be got damn. This has certainly been the 'I want what’s not yours week’ for the both of us. First, Spencer kisses you and Marayna flirts with me. What’s up with people who want someone who’s not available, huh?” he asked as his fingers toyed with the waistband on my butter yellow boyshorts as he leaned over and kissed my lips, then planted tiny kisses along my neck. I pulled him away from my neck and looked at him.

“What did you just say?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

“Marayna flirted with me,” he replied and told me about his conversation with Marayna and what his mother told him. I stared him in the eye as he toyed with my waistband.

“Good lookin’ out, Ms. Pat. I told you she wanted you. I told you. And you better watch her,” I replied as he kissed my neck and my shoulder. He leaned back up and kissed me softly on the lips, then he pulled my bottom lip into his mouth and sucked it softly. I loved when he did that. Jackson slowly released my lip and began to kiss a path down my body as I laid back in the bed. He was kissing my thighs as I closed my eyes.

“I will, but she knows she doesn’t stand a chance. Can we not talk about Marayna or Spencer anymore, please?” Jackson asked as his tongue lightly grazed the inside of my thigh.

I sighed and caved. Damn his tongue felt good. “That’s fine with me.”

“Now, what were you saying earlier? Oh yeah, you really missed my lips on you and you wanted me to eat you…real slow?” he asked as I looked down at him, grinning that devilish ass grin that I loved. He bit my clit lightly through my boyshorts and I let out a low moan.

“I did say that, huh?” I asked, playing along as he lips went to my thighs again, then the back of my knees. The next thing I knew, he had my right foot in his hand.

“Yes, and you know baby, you need to learn a little patience. I have,” he whispered as he kissed my ankle.

“Oh really,” I said as he placed another kiss on my ankle.

“Yeah, I mean ever since you stepped out of the shower with that sexy ass underwear and that top, all I’ve been thinking about is going down on you because I missed the taste of you coming on my tongue, but you don’t see me hurrying to get you naked, do you?” he asked in that sexy voice of his as he kissed my ankle once more, staring into my eyes.

“Uh huh,” I whispered because his lips felt so good on my ankle. Then, he took my pinkie toe and licked it, then sucked it. He moved to the next toe and repeated the same thing.

“I’ve missed you, baby,” he whispered and I knew exactly what he was talking about. The last couple of times we’ve had sex was kind of quick and rushed. Nothing is wrong with a good quickie, but I missed the two, three hour sessions we used to have. I smiled softly because I knew this was going to be one of those nights. He sucked my remaining toes, and then he got to the big toe. Whoa, that felt good.

“I’ve missed you too. What are you trying to do, torture me?” I asked as he let my toe leave his mouth slowly. Whew, toe licking was the shit!

“No, I just want to show you how much I adore you. You are just so damn sexy, Davia. I love looking at you. We haven’t had time like this in a long time, and I want to make the most of it. So, sit back, relax and let me savor every, pretty, luscious, chocolate inch of you. Damn, even your toes taste good,” he whispered as he started licking his way down the side of my left foot.

“Hmmm,” I whispered as my arms went back and over my head. The boy was sucking and licking my toes and all I could do was moan.

“Mmm, baby, I love you,” I whispered as I looked down at him. He chuckled lowly because he knew he had slowly turned me into mush with the toe sucking and I was now putty in his hands. He knew he could do whatever he wanted, as long as it felt good and I came, I was game. He leaned back up, lifted up my cami and began to kiss my stomach.

“I love you, too. But I still haven’t forgotten about Spencer,” he whispered, inching my top up slowly.

“And Marayna is on my choke a bitch list, so we’re even. Hey, I thought we weren’t going to talk about them anymore,” I replied as his lips pulled my cami off and he stared into my eyes, licking his lips as his eyes slowly took me in. They locked on my exposed breasts and he leaned down and licked between the valley of my breasts.

“You’re the one still talking, baby. I’m licking…and I plan to lick all night,” he whispered as his tongue licked a path to my left breast, circling my nipple. My breath caught.

“And I’m not going to stop you,” I whispered as my hands went into his hair, as he lips sucked my nipple into his mouth.

Shit. Marayna who? Spencer what? Orgasm…YES!!