Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 16

Jackson

I was at home looking around my living room at all the Christmas gifts that I had purchased, especially for Davia. The reason: her birthday is December 24, so she gets double presents, as she so eloquently put it. I didn’t go overboard, but I hoped she liked everything that I bought for her.

I was also kind of guilty. Something went down at work a few days ago and it kind of led me to spend a little too much money. I was putting the last of the presents away in my guest bedroom closet when I heard the doorbell rang. I walked to the door. When I opened it, Seth was on the other side, walking in.

“Oh, you rang the doorbell this time?” I inquired with a grin.

Seth narrowed his eyes at me. “My key doesn’t work anymore, you jackass. I had to.”

“I know. Isn’t it great!” I exclaimed. I had the locks changed because Seth would just come into my house anytime he wanted, at the most inopportune times, like when I’m right in the middle of having sex with Davia, or when I’m about to have sex with Davia. It began to piss me off, so I changed the locks.

“You could have told me, J,” Seth said as he plopped on the sofa.

“I did. I distinctly remember saying to you that I was going to change the locks because you keep barging in here and messing up my groove…so, I did. How’s Brianna?” I asked.

Seth grinned. “She’s good. She just got back in town a few days ago. I got a little something special planned for her later. I never thought that I would be in a relationship, J and I would be happy. This is insane.”

“As crazy as it seems, do you wish you could go back to the way you used to be?” I asked him. Seth pondered what I asked for a minute.

“No. I wasn’t really happy. I mean, I had different, beautiful women at my disposal, but most of them didn’t get me at all. Bree gets me. I’m not saying that I’m perfect, but I don’t think I could hurt her like that. If I had to see Brianna with someone else, it would drive me crazy. So, I’m doing the best I can and it’s working. So, what’s going on with you and Dav?” Seth asked as he looked at me. I did have something on my mind and I had to get it off my chest. But there was no way in hell I could tell Davia.

“Davia and I are okay…it’s Marayna that I’m worried about,” I replied.

“Marayna Ruiz…that sexy co-worker of yours with the nice ass that wants to get to know you in the biblical sense?” Seth inquired with a grin.

“Yeah, her. Um, Marayna and I…we had a little…well, something happened after work,” I replied as I sat down next to my brother. He turned his head to look at me.

“What kind of somethin’, J?” Seth asked as I took a deep breath.

Okay, so here’s what happened. Marayna and I were working late a few nights ago, along with several other attorneys. Well, after work, everyone decided to order in some Chinese take out and pop open a few bottles of champagne and some Belvedere just to wind down. I had one shot of Belvedere because 1) I was driving and 2) I needed my head clear around Ms. Ruiz. She hadn’t tried anything, and I figured she got the message regarding her interest in me. Well, that definitely was not the case.

Paul, one of the attorneys that we often work on corporate cases with, was having an affair on his wife…everyone knew…even his wife knew. She didn’t care. As long as he kept her Benz gassed up and her credit cards swipeable, she could care less. Denny, another attorney who worked closely with us was getting married in a month and this open affair stuff was getting to him. This is what we were presently discussing.

“So Paul, I hear that you’re cheating on your wife,” Marayna replied as we all looked at each other. I ate my sweet and sour chicken and lo mein, and just sat back and listened. Marayna looked at me and I looked back, concentrating on my food.

“It’s not cheating if she knows,” Paul winked at Marayna as he took a bite out of his pork fried rice container.

“That’s bullshit, Paul,” Denny replied.

“Not in my case it’s not,” Paul stated.

“Wait…she knows about you and this other woman?” Marayna asked.

“Yeah, she does. Look, when I married my wife…I thought I could be faithful. I fell head over heels in love with her and I thought I could change. And I was faithful, for the first three years. Then, I just went back to my old ways. I didn’t want to keep it from her. I mean, I love her and I figured if I told her the truth and she left me, I’d just have to deal with it. So, I told Kelly, that’s my wife, about Lauren, that’s my girlfriend, and she was pissed off. She hit me and put me out for two weeks. When we talked after the two weeks were up, she told me that she wasn’t giving her life up for my other woman to come in and take it. We have a kid and she didn’t want to raise him without me. Kelly’s real old school that way. Kelly told me not to mention Lauren around her, not to contact her around her and make sure that she doesn’t contact our home. So, she basically told me I could do it, but she didn’t want to know. That’s the way it is,” Paul said as I looked at Denny. Paul’s name was Rover and his wife was crazy for putting up with it. This was the craziest bullshit I had ever heard.

“How can you live like that? I mean, I’ve met your wife and she’s gorgeous and kind…a very nice lady. How could you cheat on her?” Denny asked astounded.

“Isn’t it obvious? Because she’s not enough. She’s not giving him everything he needs. Isn’t that right, Paul?” Marayna asked as she passed a glance my way, then back to Paul.

“That’s right. Ms. Ruiz. Kelly’s sweet and gorgeous, but she’s kind of vanilla, if you know what I mean. But Lauren…Lauren’s hot and she knows what I like…which is a lot of freaky, kinky stuff. Kelly won’t do any of that stuff and it gets boring…so Lauren gives me what I want. I mean, I don’t love her, but she’s my equal physically, in the bedroom, you know?” Paul stated with a grin.

Denny was really having a hard time understanding Paul. I, on the hand, was not. Paul wanted his wife, but he wanted Lauren as well. He was a dog in every sense of the word. He’s one of those guys that make women distrust every man that she meets and when she finally meets a good guy, she can’t see the forest for the trees. It didn’t make sense to do that to his wife, but she deserved it if she put up with it. How can she share her husband? I wouldn’t share Davia at all and I know for a fact that she wouldn’t want me giving it to anyone else. Their whole relationship was a big pile of shit, but if that’s what they agreed upon, who am I to judge?

“Why did you even marry the woman if you knew that you were going to be unfaithful to her?” Denny asked.

“Because it was time for me to have kids, to settle down. Kelly was born to be a wife and mother and when I fell for her, I didn’t think I would go back to my old ways. But, she bored me and I did. She doesn’t like to give me head, she doesn’t want to roleplay or try new sexual shit, so I went elsewhere. Look, don’t get me wrong. I love her and I care about her. But, she doesn’t get me the way Lauren does,” Paul replied.

“You sure that Lauren isn’t going to start making demands for you to leave Kelly? She’s not going to fall in love with you?” Denny asked.

Paul grinned. “Listen, Lauren knows the deal. She has a boyfriend who knows absolutely nothing about us. I’m just doing the same thing for her as she’s doing for me…giving her a liberating, sexual outlet with no strings attached. That’s it.”

“So, would you be upset if you found out that Kelly had someone on the side?” I asked, finally getting into the conversation.

“Yeah, because that wasn’t apart of the agreement. I don’t want my wife with another guy. Although the sex is boring at times, it has it’s moments and she’s my wife. I’m not sharing her,” Paul replied.

“But it’s okay for you to share the wealth, right?” I asked.

Paul grinned. “Absolutely.” I just shook my head. I hope he’s using protection.

Denny sighed. “I couldn’t bring myself to marry Lena, then cheat on her. That’s just wrong, Paul.”

“For you, yes, monogamy is the only way, but for others, it’s not. You shouldn’t judge him, Denny. At least he’s being honest about his desire for another woman with his wife and he’s not holding back. I know if I had a man and he told me that he wanted another woman on the side because he was unhappy, I’d just let him have at it…then I’d want to know what I could do to make it better in the bed…hell, maybe his 2nd could join us in the sack,” Marayna said with a grin as I sat up. She smiled at me and I laughed. She was full of shit, too.

“You’re a woman after my own heart, Marayna,” Paul replied with a grin.

“Don’t get too excited, Paul. You’re not getting my panties. You have enough to worry about,” Marayna replied with a wink at Paul, who laughed.

“Damn. I wish I would’ve met you before I met Lauren. I bet you’re a hellion, aren’t you?” Paul asked.

Marayna smiled and looked directly into my eyes. “You have no idea…and you can keep dreaming.”

Paul laughed as I just shook my head. “You would actually share your man?” Denny asked.

“If I wasn’t representing and got traded, yeah…if I wanted to keep him, then, I would do whatever he wanted to keep him,” Marayna replied as I stood up.

This shit was getting ridiculous. The reason you become involved with one person is because you only want that one person. If I just wanted to fuck Davia, I would have told her it was just about sex and would in no way, shape, form or fashion tried to get to know her. Bottom line. I knew guys like Paul, but I didn’t get them, and I wouldn’t try.

“Well, as scintillating as this conversation has been, I’m going to duck out of it and head home. I’ll see you all tomorrow. Oh, and Denny…don’t worry about it. I guess I’m a boring bastard too, because I got one girl who does it for me on every level and she’s all I need. So, I feel you,” I said as Denny grinned. Marayna just sipped her drink with this strange look on her face. I’m beginning to feel that this chick’s elevator may not go all the way up.

“Finally, someone who’s normal,” Denny said.

Paul grinned. “Hey, I’ve seen your girlfriend. Someone that hot has got to be doing it for you on every level. If you ever get bored, please…pass her to me.”

I grinned. “It’ll never happen, Paul, so keep fantasizing. Later, you guys.” I walked out of the conference room and to my office. When I locked away my computer and grabbed my briefcase, Marayna was leaving as well. We got on the elevator and I pushed P2. I glanced at her.

“What floor?” I asked. She smiled at me and replied, “The same. I’m a few cars down from you.”

“Okay,” I replied as the elevator descended. The next thing I knew, Marayna stopped the elevator and pushed me against the back of it, and kissed the shit out of me. What the hell? I pushed her away from me, but she was rather strong.

I’m not going to lie…the woman could kiss. I’m a man, damn it.

“It’s not that kind of a party, Marayna. I told you that,” I replied as I pushed her away once more. She walked up to me again. Man, this chick was relentless.

“Jackson, I’m really tired of you not admitting your attraction to me,” she replied as she looked into my eyes. She smelled incredible and she looked fantastic. Then, her hand traveled to my dick and she palmed it, then she began to stroke it. I couldn’t help it…it felt good, too good. I quickly became hard. I’m a man damn it! A gorgeous, sexy woman rubs your dick and you get hard…sue me. But I knew I had to stop her. I pulled her away and held onto her wrists.

“I knew that you were blessed down below. It felt delicious. I bet it tastes delicious, too. You like it kind of rough, huh, Jackson? I can give it to you rough. I can give it to you anyway you want it…in anyplace you want it…anyplace…just say the word,” she replied as she licked her lips at me. I pushed her away and started the elevator.

“No…it’s not like that, Marayna. Look, I’m going to tell you one last time…I’m not interested…I have a woman, so back off,” I replied as Marayna grinned at me, then slowly licked her lips.

“What does your girl have to do with me sucking your dick until you swallow your own tongue? Not a thing. Besides, I know you want me…I won’t tell if you don’t. It’ll be our little secret,” Marayna replied as the elevator stopped. I stepped around her and walked off.

“Look, I told you no. Just stay away from me, Marayna,” I replied as I walked to my car and jumped in. I put my head back against my headrest and breathed in and out for a minute. Then, I drove to Davia’s house. She answered the door wearing a black t-shirt and yellow and black checkered pajama pants. This girl was so beautiful. Every time I saw her, I wanted her, especially now. She grinned at me as I closed and locked her door.

“Hey baby,” she replied. I threw my coat and my briefcase on the sofa, pulled her to me by the waist and kissed her breathless. My hands cradled her face, pulling her closer to me. I heard that soft little sigh and a moan, and continued to kiss her. After the kiss, she smiled at me. My hands had already disposed of her t-shirt and she was sans bra, which made my job easier. I pulled her pants down along with her black bikini panties. Davia was naked and I was still dressed. We were still standing by her door and my hands were all over that sexy body of hers. I kissed her again and she moaned as my lips found her right ear. Then, I moved my lips to her breasts.

“Now that’s what I call a hello,” Davia whispered and I felt her hands in my hair.

“Hey,” I whispered with a grin.

“What’s going on, Jackson?” Davia asked as I looked up at her.

“I couldn’t get you off my mind, that’s all. I missed you, sweetness. I want you so bad, Dav,” I whispered as I sucked on her right nipple, my hand caressing the breast as my other hand went to her pussy, where I inserted one finger, then two inside of her. I heard that moan that I was waiting for and I began to move my fingers inside of her, in and out. She felt so good around my fingers and I was already hard enough to drill nails with my dick. When she moaned again and clenched her muscles around my fingers, I damn near lost it.

“Umm, you’re so wet for me, baby,” I whispered.

“I know. Come on, let’s go to bed,” she whispered, as I fingered her until she came again. I placed her on top of the console table that she has near her door, and spread her legs wide. I stared at her glistening pussy for a few seconds, licked my lips, then I kissed her neck my lips trailing down the center of her torso.

“No, later, sugar. I want eat your sweet pussy first, then I'm going to fuck you, hard...right here, right now,” I demanded as I went down on her. I ate the hell out of her pussy and had to pull her up to keep her from falling of the console. I threw off my tie and my shirt, pulled down my pants and my boxers, which pooled around my ankles, pulled a condom on and thrusted into her as she was coming.

“Oh, shit!” Davia moaned as I pumped into her. I needed this. I needed to let her know that she was the only one that could make me this crazy, this hard, this needy for her. Davia’s legs wrapped tighter around my waist and I could feel her heels on my ass.

“Don’t stop…umm, Jackson….right there…oh shit.,” Davia moaned, as I looked at her. Her back was arched, her head was back and she was biting her lip. Her nails were digging into my skin, clawing my back whenever I hit her G-spot. She looked so sexy, and the thought that I was doing it to her made me even harder. And I’m a little freaky, so when the sex starts getting really good, I start talking.

“You like it when I hit it like that baby?” I asked, stroking her purposely, rotating my hips and plunging hard. She moaned and that moan made me want to do all kinds of things to her….you have no idea how much freaky shit goes through my head when she's so open and moaning like that. I wanted to cum so bad, but I had to hold out.

“Oh yes! Damn, it’s so good…umm,” Davia whispered, licking and biting her bottom lip.

“You want to come again, don’t you baby? You’re pussy’s so good baby….um, so wet and tight…shit. Come all over me, baby. Give me all of that good pussy baby,” I whispered and I pumped harder and faster and she screamed my name, coming all over my dick. A few minutes later, she was coming again and so was I. I groaned her name over and over. I came so hard that I saw stars. I stepped out of my pants totally, picked her up and carried her to the sofa. I fucked the shit out of her that night, all over her apartment. I mean, I knew I should have told her what when down, but I just didn’t think I needed to. It would have ruined the night.

After the little elevator liason, Marayna’s been winking at me and licking her lips, like we were on the same page or something. I knew then that I had to do something about Marayna and soon. Seth just looked at me. After a few moments of silence, he spoke. “Shit, J. You really are a strong man. You walked away from that…with her hand on your dick? Are you going to tell Dav?”

I looked at my brother and didn’t say a word. I did want to tell Davia, but then, nothing really happened. I mean, I stopped her. It was hard as hell and I mean that very literally, but I stopped her. If I told Davia, it would only make her angry and she would start doubting my feelings for her and whatnot. Shit, but I didn’t want to keep this from her either. I love Davia…head over heels, crazy, can’t get enough of her, pussy whipped, love. Shit, I’m screwed.

“My advice…don’t tell her,” Seth replied as I looked at him.

“I don’t want to tell her, but you know what…shit like that always comes back and bites me in the ass. Maybe I should tell her,” I replied.

“Don’t tell her, Jackson. It would only fuck things up,” Seth replied. I closed my eyes, and placed my face in my hands. How in the hell did I get in these situations?

“I hate keeping shit from her man, but in this case, I will. Remember my friend Jonathan Standis?” I asked Seth.

“Yeah, the guy who used to work for the FBI but is now a PI?” Seth asked.

“That’s him. I asked him to look into Marayna for me…just to see what comes up,” I replied.

“But doesn’t your firm do a thorough background check?” Seth asked.

“Yeah, but I’m looking for other stuff. I need to get more info about her. He’s one of the best. He said he’ll let me know when he gets something,” I replied. Seth smiled at me.

“Well, if he’s looking, he’ll definitely find something. Jackson, don’t beat yourself up over this. The holidays are coming and you don’t want to mess that up for Davia, do you? So don’t tell her. Nothing really happened anyway, so don’t feel guilty,” Seth replied as he looked at his watch.

“I gotta bounce, big brother. Remember what I said,” Seth replied as he stood and walked out of the front door.

Don’t tell Davia. Don’t tell her. Why do I feel so guilty about not saying anything when nothing really happened?

I won’t tell her. Please don’t let this bite me in the ass.
************************************
Davia

“Hey baby,” I replied into the phone with a smile. It was the weekend after Christmas and Jackson had to go into the office that Saturday for a few hours. I was at the dance studio, packing to leave. The holidays were pretty good, very predictable. Demetrius and Megan fought as usual, Falene and Bryce made goo goo eyes at each other, the food was good, I got a gang of great presents from my friends, family and my man. Dion was missing in action and it felt weird not having her around for Christmas. Well, she brought it on herself.

“Hey sugar. What are you doing? Are you on a break?” Jackson asked.

“I’m packing up to leave. It was kind of slow today because some of the kids are still out of town for the holidays, so I only had one class today,” I replied.

“I’m almost finished here. You want to come and meet me so we can spend the rest of this cold day together?” Jackson asked and I know he had that sly grin on his face.

“What did you have in mind?” I asked as I walked out of my empty dance class.

“You laying naked in front of the fireplace….me partaking of your naked body in front of the fireplace…all day…all night,” he replied in that sexy, deep voice of his. I smiled.

“I like the sound of that, but I can’t be the only one naked. That’s not fair,” I answered.

“You make an excellent point, baby. That’s not fair. Oh, I guess I’ll have to get naked with you. That’s only right,” he said as I laughed.

“Yeah, that’s only right. How long do you think you’re going to be?” I asked.

“I should be another hour, so you may have to wait for me,” Jackson stated.

“I don’t mind waiting. So, I’ll see you in a few?” I asked.

“Alright. Be careful, sweetness. I love you,” Jackson replied and my heart flipped.

I smiled into the phone. “I’ll be careful. I love you too. See you in a bit. Bye.” I closed my phone, placed it into my handbag and walked right into Dion.

“Hey Simmy. Happy Holidays,” she said. I stared hard at her, letting her see my anger.

“Yeah, whatever. I have to go,” I said, trying to step around her but she stood in my way.

“Give me a minute, Simmy, please,” Dion pleaded as I walked back into my now empty classroom, with Dion on my tails. I closed the door.

“Make this quick, D. I have someplace to be,” I said as I looked at my sister’s supposed best friend, a woman who was a sister to me.

“I wanted to let you know that I didn’t mean to hurt Falene. It’s just that, for the last couple of years, she’s been with these jerks and I’ve been hoping to maybe get her to see that I love her, you know. Then, this Bryce guy comes along and ruins my plans. He’s a good dude and I tried to make him into a bad one. I know, it was shitty, but I thought I was protecting my friend…the woman that I loved,” Dion replied as I sighed. I sat down, Indian style on the floor and looked up at her.

“You can’t make someone love you, D. You can’t change someone’s sexual preference, either. What the hell were you thinking?” I asked.

“I wasn’t thinking, that’s the problem. I thought that Bryce was just another loser who would eventually show his true colors and when he turned me down, I knew he was different. I didn’t mean to come out to Falene the way that I did, but she looked so beautiful and I was tired of hiding it all from her,” Dion replied.

“You do realize that Leenie wouldn't have treated you any differently if you had told her all of this years ago. None of us would have. You're our girl, we love you. I mean, for God’s sake, Dion, you kissed her! You kissed her!” I exclaimed.

Dion replied, “I know, but I wanted to do that for so long and finally, I got my chance, and I went for it. Then, it dawned on me that it was wrong…everything I did was wrong…the lying, the kiss. I just didn’t want to lose her, Simmy. I was so scared that I would lose her, lose all of you, if you knew the truth. You guys are the only sisters that I have. You’re my real family and I thought that if you knew that I was gay, you wouldn’t want to be around me anymore. Everything just went completely wrong and I’m sorry that I broke your trust Simmy, but most importantly, I’m sorry that I hurt my girl and made her feel uncomfortable.”

I looked up at Dion. She was always someone I looked up to…a bad bitch, as I affectionately called her. Dion was gorgeous, successful and owned three restaurants in the area. She always seemed to have it together. She was always there when you needed her and she always had your back. I was hurt because the things that she had done were so uncharacteristic of the Dion that I grew up with. I know I couldn’t stay mad at her for long, but she had to understand what she did was wrong.

“But you did it anyway. D, I love you, but I don’t really like what you did to my big sister. All she’s ever done is be your friend and when she finally finds true happiness, you go and try to mess it up for her. That was so dirty, D. You’re a lot of things, but I never knew you could be so scandalous. I mean, didn’t you realize that you were not only messing with Leenie’s feelings and her life, but Bryce’s as well. He’s so gone where Leenie is concerned, Dion. He really loves her and you could have ruined all of that, for the both of them,” I replied as I saw the tears roll down Dion’s face.

“Simmy, I’m sorry. What more can I say? I messed up…I messed up, big time. I talked to Bryce and apologized to him and he forgave me. I fixed everything that I did wrong. In time, Falene said she’ll forgive me too. Just forgive me, Simmy, please? I need you guys. You’re all I have,” Dion replied as she cried.

The bitch in me wanted to say, “Well, you should have thought about that before you started all that scheming shit,” but the friend in me, just sighed and said, “You still got me, D. But, I’m going to need some time and so is Leenie.”

Dion wiped the tears from her beautiful face and smiled softly. “I understand that. Tell your sister that I’m sorry and I just want to be friends again…whenever she’s ready.”

I smiled slightly at Dion. “I will. I’ll see you around, okay?” Dion smiled at me and nodded, “Okay.”

As I drove to Jackson’s office, I began to think. I knew that Dion was hiding something, but I never knew that she would use that to hurt Falene. Deep down, I know she thought that she was doing right by Leenie, but it ended up not being the right thing to do. People who love you do some weird shit. Your loved ones are the people that you know will never let you down, but they sometimes do. I knew that Dion loved Falene, but she knew that wasn’t the way to go about showing that love. The people that say they love you the most often hurt you the most. Why was I thinking about this so much?
*************************
Jackson

I looked at my watch. Davia should be here any minute. My secretary wasn’t in, so I just left my door open so she could just walk right in. I was so buried in my work that I didn’t realize someone walking into my office. My head was still concentrating on the brief that I was revising on my computer and I figured it was Davia.

“Hey sweetness. Just give me ten minutes and we can go,” I said as my fingers furiously typed on the keys of my keyboard.

“Alright,” the voice replied. I looked up and there was Marayna, dressed in tight black jeans and a black, low cut, long sleeved tee shirt that clung to her breasts. She did look hot and although I do appreciate a hot woman, this woman was trouble and she had to go.

“What are you doing here, Marayna?” I asked as I went back to typing. The next thing I know, Marayna is straddling me in my leather executive chair, kissing me. I push her away, and one hand goes underneath my gray sweater, and the other is palming my dick. I don’t know how much you know about men, but it’s very hard to resist a beautiful woman who is playing with your junk and right now, it was hard. But, I knew this wasn’t right, but damn it, it felt right.

“I’m here for you, Jackson. You can deny it all you want, but I feel you…you’re hard and you want me. Come on. You can have me, right here in this chair, on your desk, wherever,” she whispered and the next thing I know, my ear’s in her mouth. Oh shit, that feels good, but oh shit this is wrong.

Aw fuck! Davia was coming here. Damn it. I pushed her off of me and stood up. This chic was pretty strong and she pushed me against the wall and her hands were everywhere. Then, her hands went to my zipper and …damn, she was quick. Her hands palmed my dick and she moaned.

“Umm, I knew it. You’re really a big boy, aren’t you?” Marayna asked. I pushed her away once more.

“Marayna, stop. I don’t hit women, but you have about ten seconds to leave. Davia is on her way up here and if she sees you, I really feel for you,” I replied as I shoved her away once more. I straightened my clothes, and zipped my pants. The next thing I know, she pushes me back into my chair and straddles me again, kissing me. What the hell?!

“Jackson, just give in to it. Let me show you what a real woman can do. If you would have given me the chance in that elevator, I would have sucked you dry. I don’t care that she’s coming. Let her see what a real woman can do with this big boy,” she whispered, hands trailing back down and another kiss. I literally pushed her off of me, wiping my lips and when I looked up, Davia was standing in the doorway, with a look that I rarely saw on her face. Rage. Anger.

Oh shit.

“What in the fuck is going on in here?!” Davia exclaimed, as her handbag fell to the floor. Her eyes went to me, then to Marayna, then to me, then back to Marayna. Then, she balled her hands into fists at her sides. Damn. This was not going to be good.

Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit.