Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 20

Davia

A few weeks later

You have no idea how great things have been. School has been kicking my ass, but it’s almost over. One more week and I’m stress free for a summer. I really want to put my foot up Leenie’s ass because of her constant nagging regarding this wedding shit, which is in July, but I’ve been good. Yeah, I wish Leenie and I could go in a room and go toe to toe for about five minutes…that’s how much she’s been pissing me off. Besides that, things are cool. Jackson and I have been great…really good. I can’t believe that I actually found somebody worth my time, someone that I can see myself with for the rest of my days here on earth. I’m pretty amazed that it’s a white boy due to the fact that I’ve never dated one, but hey…love comes in many packages. I’m just glad mine came in a sexy, smart, fine as hell one with eyes that make me melt…and wet. Okay, enough about that.

I can’t believe this heifer is getting married in July…hot ass July. Many weaves will be falling and make-up will be melting on that day, I assure you. The wedding’s about 2 months away, but right now she had Dion and I assisting her with planning a late ass engagement party which was going to occur this weekend--a week before my birthday.

Oh, I guess you’re wondering what happened to Marayna. Cecily, Olivia and Carolyn waited, but she never returned. But Cecily had something for her ass. Marayna appeared at her complex a week later and let’s just say the homies got at that ass…and beat that ass. Oh, you know what else was hilarious? There is a website that Three 6 created about Marayna and I tell you, it’s funny as hell. Suffice it to say, we haven’t heard from her again and I don’t think we will.

I went shopping with Brianna and Megan today after class because I had to get away from Falene. If I didn’t, she was going to find herself fighting with me and seeing that I didn’t want her to have a black eye for her party, I just decided not to tell her where we were going. I saved her from being hurt is what I did. I know…I’m a great sister. You don’t have to tell me.

“Thank you two so much. I needed a day without wedding plans being constantly discussed. If Falene had shown up, I was going to cut her…for real,” I replied as we tried on shoes.

“No problem. That heifer’s been tripping ever since she got that shiny shit on her hand. Even though, if you ask me, maybe an ass whooping is what she needs…you can’t say she doesn’t have it comin’ and I for one would love to see Ho-dilocks get her ass handed to her…but that’s just me,” Brianna said with a grin. We laughed and then I spoke.

“Naw, I don’t want to jack her up before her party, which reminds me…Megan, I take it that you’re going with Demetrius since you two are…together now?” I asked with a grin, just to mess with her. Oh yeah, during my trials and tribulations and separation from Jackson, Megan and Demetrius finally boned. I tell you, for the first time in years, we’re all breathing a lot easier when those two are in a room together. For instance, at Christmas, Demetrius told Megan that she needed a plumber to clean out her pipes, if you know what I mean. Well, I guess she didn’t like that, because the next thing I know, Jackson is pulling me to duck away and Megan is throwing her steak knife at Demetrius and lucky for him she has shitty aim. Yeah, they got a little rowdy with one another, so seeing that again wouldn’t be welcome…at all.

Meagan laughed. “Yes, we will be there. It’s weird…I mean, we were out at that club for New Years Eve, had that one night stand and couldn’t stop. Girl, your brother is a stallion in the bedroom and….”

I put my hand up as I looked at a pair of BCBG black rhinestone heels. “That’s for you to know…not me. I mean, if you wanna talk about your dickin’ down with my brother, by all means…do it when I’m not here. I still see him as my brother and not a sexual being…and I would like to keep it that way, if you don’t mind.”

Megan smiled. “You got that, chica. So, we’ve never gotten this far in the wedding plans with Falene, so that means, this is the real deal, right?”

Brianna looked at me, then at Megan, turning her foot in a pair of red patent leather stilettos. “Even though Trampasauras Sex and I don’t get along all the time, she’s my girl and yeah…I think this is real. He looks at her like she’s the only woman in the room and we’re all fine, so…yeah, the heifer finally spread her legs for the right guy and got the big money.”

Brianna was a trip. Trampasauras Sex. That girl had been hanging with me for far too long. “Yeah, Bryce is a good dude. I’m happy for her. Yo, Bree, don’t call her those names anymore…she’s getting married.”

“Just ‘cause she’s sticking to one dick don’t mean she’s going to stop being a freak-a-leak. Besides, if I stop saying stuff like that to her all together, she may go into shock or something. I think it turns her on that I call her trampy and shit…but she knows the deal. When I see her knocked up after this wedding, maybe I’ll stop,” Brianna stated. Crazy ass.

Megan looked at me as she was trying on a pair of gold heels. “So, when are we going to hear wedding bells for you and Jackson?”

I just smiled at her. “I don’t know. I mean, we’ve never really talked about it, we’ve always talked around it, if you know what I mean. I’m not really concerned with that. I’m happy the way things are.” And, I was.

“But, don’t you want more of a commitment, Simmy? I know I can’t wait to get to that level of commitment,” Brianna, the got damn poster child for marriage asked. We know you can’t! This bitch is waiting on pins and needles and she can’t wait for someone to pop that question. She’s like a little wedding bell time bomb waiting to explode. That heifer has her wedding planned down to a tee…and she’s had it planned since we were 12 years old. I shit you not. Brianna is a fuckin’ trip!

“Listen…after what we went through, I’m just glad that we still love each other. That shit could have broken us up for good, but it didn’t. If it happens, it happens. I’m not going to stress over it. I know he loves me and I know he ain’t goin’ nowhere…my shit is too good for him to stray. So, if he asks next year…cool. If he asks in 3 years…it’s still chill. Besides…I got two more years of school left, so whatever happens, happens,” I replied honestly. I meant every word I said. If he asked me, yes, I would happily agree. If he doesn’t…well, it’s not going to be the end of the world.

I meant what I said about us talking around it. I mean, we both want it, but when, we’re not sure. We’re young and we still have time.

The one thing that we haven’t talked around, but specifically about, is kids. I love kids. I think they’re the coolest creatures in the world because children are uncensored and honest. They take you at your word and they want you to take them at theirs. Kids, in my opinion, are some of the best bullshit detectors and they sense evil. Most of the children that I know are smarter than most adults. They definitely have more common sense, so I can totally relate to them.

Jackson specifically brought the subject up two weeks ago while we were watching TV. We had been out in the park all day and kids were just running all around. I saw the cutest little girl feeding the ducks and I walked up to her and began to feed them also. Two minutes later, we were feeding the ducks and talking as her mother watched. I turned around and Jackson was staring at me with this huge grin on his face. I just smiled back and continued to hold a conversation with the little girl.

So, this is how that convo went with Jackson. I was laying back on him and I could feel he was staring at me. His right hand was caressing my hair and that’s when I spoke.

“What are you lookin’ at?” I asked, knowing full well that he was looking at me.

“You,” he simply said.

“Oh…but we’re supposed to be watching television,” I said as I looked up at him. He grinned at me as his fingers slowly stroked through my hair.

“You’re watching television…I’m watching you. You look better than what’s on TV anyway,” he replied.

“You sure know the right things to say. I had so much fun today. Thanks for the picnic,” I replied as I turned back to the TV.

“Anytime, beautiful,” he whispered, then he kissed the top of my head. I smiled.

“The little girl at the pond was so cute…you know, the one with the two pigtails and she had the cutest little dimples. Her eyes…they were so big and brown…such a smart, sweet little kid,” I said with a grin.

“Yeah, she was a cutie pie. I wonder what our little girl would look like?” he pondered as I looked up at him.

“Huh?” I asked.

He grinned. “Come on, Dav. I saw you with that little girl. You’re a natural. You’re going to be a great mommy.”

I still was in shock because he said me and mommy in the same breath. “Huh.”

“Davia, you didn’t see your face while you were with that little girl, but I did. You fell in love with her. I just wondered, you know, if we had a kid, that you would be great with her or him. I just wondered what he or she would look like,” he said seriously as he continued his ministrations with my hair.

I turned around fully and laid my chin on his chest. “Really?”

“Yeah. I wonder about that a lot. I want to have a lot of babies with you, sugar,” he said.

“How many are we talking about?” I asked.

Jackson titled his head to the side, contemplating before he answered. “Four…maybe five.”

I looked at him like, hell to the naw, then I said, “Oh, hell to the naw. I am not pushin’ out five children. It’s not happenin’.”

“Well, I want more than one, so we have to compromise,” he said seriously. He was serious. Well, I’ll be damn.

“Okay, I’ll do two, maybe three at the most…but that’s my limit and I mean it,” I said definitely.

Jackson shook his head and grinned. “Alright…I can deal with that. You know what though? I would want to have two boys first, then a girl, if that’s possible.”

I grinned. “Ok, Mel…order coming right up. Why would you want two boys?”

“To carry on my name, of course,” he said with a grin.

“But of course…men,” I stated.

“Also, I would want a girl so I could spoil her rotten…just like I do her mama,” he said with a grin.

“I’m not spoiled,” I denied. I’m not spoiled…in the classical sense of the term. But, he does give me my way and he gives me what I want. I guess that’s why he was glaring at me with a look that said, bitch please.

“Yes, you are. I spoil the shit out of you…and you know it,” he replied.

“Maybe, but that’s your job, so I don’t wanna hear it,” I said as he laughed.

“No…it’s my pleasure. You’re a good woman, baby. You deserve it,” he said.

“I know that’s right,” I said.

“I want her to look just like you…pretty brown eyes, black hair, gorgeous smile. On second thought, no, she can’t look exactly like you…then I’d have to kill someone,” Jackson said as I laughed.

“But then again, you’re beautiful and I’m not ugly, so yeah, if we have any girls, I’ll probably end up in prison,” Jackson stated as I laughed again.

“Hey…I’d make conjugal visits every week,” I said with a smile.

“That’s a good thing to know. Well, at least life in prison would give me something to look forward to. Would you divorce me and get with another man?” Jackson asked. See, talking around marriage again.

“No…maybe dinner companions, but I’d just put a huge picture of you above the bed and tell them that you were getting out in a week from a self defense charge. That would drive away any possible suitors,” I said with a grin.

“That’s what I’m talkin’ about. Don’t give my lovin’ away, baby,” he said.

I leaned up and kissed him on the lips lightly. He kissed me back and laid my chin back on his chest. “You got that.”

After a brief moment of silence, Jackson kissed my head again and whispered, “Yeah, sweetness. I think we’d make some beautiful babies.”

I grinned. “I think we would, too,” and I kissed his chest softly, then laid back down on it. His hands felt so good in my hair and I thought about it. I wouldn’t mind having his babies. I would want them to have his eyes and his smile, though. Yeah, that wouldn’t be too bad, I thought as I went back to watching TV on top of my man.
*********************************************************
Jackson

I don’t know why, but lately I’ve been thinking a lot about the future. It’s not uncommon for me to think in future terms, because I’ve always been that way. I’ve always looked five to ten years ahead and knew exactly where I would be. I wanted to own a condo by the time I was 30 and I’ve done that. I wanted to make partner before I was 35 and that’s been accomplished. The thing is, Davia and my love for her were never in the timeline. Now she was, and some things have changed.

Dealing with all of that Marayna crap made me realize how easily things can be taken away from you. Nothing that occurred over the past year happened by accident. I was in that classroom last year for a reason and so was Davia…we were meant to be together. If I wouldn’t have had her as a student, I may have possibly met her somewhere else. I was just happy that we were back on track and she loved me. I had a stupid grin on my face as I walked through the jewelry store with Bryce. He wanted to get something special for Falene for the party and he asked me to tag along.

“So, what’s the grin for, Jack?” Bryce asked as he looked at a few diamond necklaces. I looked on with him and readied myself to answer the question.

“I’m good, that’s all. The job’s going okay, Davia is hot and she loves me. I’m alive. Need I say more,” I stated as the sales associate held up the necklace. Bryce looked at me seeking my approval. I nodded no and he looked at another one.

“That’s cool. I was worried there for awhile. But, you two are gonna be alright,” Bryce stated as he looked at yet another necklace.

“Yeah, I think so. I have to talk to you about something and being that you’re about to get hitched, you may be the right person to talk to,” I said as we both nodded ok to the second necklace.

“Okay. What’s up?” Bryce asked.

“B, I’ve been thinking about having babies lately, man,” I said. There. It was out in the room now.

Bryce looked at me like I had grown two heads. “What?”

“Well, my mother used to say that when I met the right woman that she would make me think about babies…specifically this woman having my babies and I guess I’ve found the right one because I’ve been thinking about what our babies would look like and stuff like that,” I stated as Bryce smiled at me.

“Jackson, are you saying that you want to have a baby with Davia?” Bryce asked as the sales associate held up a third necklace. We both smiled and he spoke to the salesman to put that on the side as he went to look at earrings.

“Yeah. I want a lot with her, but I think it’s too soon. How did you know it was the right time? How did you know that Falene was it?” I asked. Bryce’s face lit up in a smile that only happened when Falene’s name was mentioned. He really did love her.

“I kind of fell for her almost immediately. She’s what I’m used to, but she’s so different, you know. She has fire and passion unlike any woman I’ve ever been with. She gives freely to everyone and most of the time, she doesn’t even think about her own self. I love that about her. And, the sex…the sex is the best I’ve ever had…it’s fuckin’great. People say all this shit about sex not being important, but if you’re that close to someone, the sex has to be explosive…and it is. The chemistry between us is so fuckin’ on point…I can’t explain it. Falene’s just…Falene. I knew she was the one because one day we were arguing about something in the newspaper, and she yanked it from me and began to curse me out. Then, she pouted as she continued to curse and I just knew…this girl was the love of my life. This is my future wife. I didn’t see any point in waiting or playing games, so I asked her and I’m glad she said yes, J. For a while, I thought I was never going to find anyone, but I’m so glad I came to that party with you. It was just something that I knew, that’s all,” Bryce said as he walked over to the earring section.

I followed him and thought about what he said. I really couldn’t have this conversation with Dante or even Seth, and he was in love with Brianna. Some of the things Bryce said kind of hit home with me. First, I thought that you have to wait a certain amount of time before you fell in love with someone. Well, I blew that shit out of the window when she walked into my classroom. I think I fell in love with her then…hell, who am I kidding? I know I did.

Then, I thought that you have to be with someone for years to get to know them and actually make that life changing commitment that starts with the letter m. Davia’s my best friend and she knows me better than my friends and my brother do. I definitely know her. I know when she’s pissed, I know when she’s happy, I know when she’s sad…and that’s just from speaking to her. I mean, Bryce has been with Falene less than a year and he knew…he just knew.

So, what the hell is wrong with me? I mean, I’m totally in the love with the girl. That’s for certain. I want to be with her and no one else. I know that when it’s time to make kids, she’s the one that I want to do it with. When I look into those pretty brown eyes of hers, I know that she’s it for me. Why am I having such a hard time with all of this?
*********************************************************
Davia

I glanced over at Jackson at Leenie’s engagement party from across the room. He was talking with Seth, Dante, Bryce and a few of his cousins, but I could feel his eyes on me. He looked so good in that suit and his hair was cut a little shorter than usual. He stared intensely at me with those gorgeous green eyes of his as he spoke with his friends. He gave me that sexy grin of his licked his bottom lip slowly and it was so sexy that I got wet…just from him doing that, I got wet. I gave a little hand wave, and turned around. I felt exactly where the eyes had landed…right on my ass. I was wearing this strapless, champagne colored dress that stopped above the knees and hugged all of my curves. I barely got away from him a few minutes ago when he tried to convince me to go into the bathroom with him. I told him Leenie needed me for something and this dress was staying up until we got back to his place. He just grinned and said we’ll see and led me to the floor to dance. He was jumping my bones a lot more than usual lately, and we were always doing it, so you can imagine what I’m going through. It was great!

Falene pulled Bryce away from his friends to dance. Daddy and Ms. Lydia looked so good together and daddy’s chest was puffed out with pride. He was so happy for Falene and he and Ms. Lydia seemed to be getting closer. I was glad for my daddy. I know that my mother was looking down right now smiling at the fact that all of her children and her husband were happy. I began to feel a little down when I felt two arms go around my waist and pull me away from my friends.

“Hey you,” a voice that was sexy as sin whispered in my ear.

“Hey. I know…you can’t help yourself. You just have to touch me,” I said.

“That’s right, but when you look like walking sex, you damn right. So, when can we leave?” Jackson asked. He was hugging me, but he was watching himself because my daddy, my brother, uncles and male cousins were all watching him. I felt him. He was semi-erect and I was getting excited. I pulled away and turned to him. He was giving me that look again and those green eyes took in all of me. I felt so special and I wanted more than anything to let him just do me in a closet or something, but I couldn’t do that.

“In a little while. Why?” I asked.

He leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Because I want you and all I can think about is being inside of you. I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to hold out. Thank you for wearin’ the hell out of that dress, baby.”

I grinned and gave him a soft peck on the lips. “You’re welcome. But, I promise…later…I’ll rock your world.”

He grinned mischievously and said, “Ooh. Do you promise?”

I smiled. “I promise. Hey, there’s Spencer.”

I saw Spencer walk in, looking hot as always. Most of the single women’s eyes were just taking him in and undressing him. He was a sight to behold. Tall, black hair, dark brown eyes, tan…gorgeous. I asked him to the party because we were friends and I wanted him to meet my cousin. I also wanted him to have a good time. Spencer was brooding a lot more than usual and we were out of school for break. He should be happier, but he wasn’t.

“Hey, Davia. Hey Jackson. How’s it going?” Spencer asked.

“Good, very good,” Jackson stated as he held my hand and pulled it to his mouth for a kiss.

“I can see that. Well, this looks like a nice party,” Spencer said.

“It is. Baby, I’m gonna get a drink. You want something?” Jackson asked.

”Stop trying to get me drunk so you can get it how you want it, Jackson,” I said with a grin.

Jackson walked away grinning. “Come on, sexy. You know I don’t need to booze you up for that. I always get at you the way that I want.”

“You’re damn right,” I said.

“And I get it good, too,” he whispered as I laughed.

“You sure as hell do. Damn, I love you,” I said.

“No…you just love me for my body,” he said.

“That’s true. What a body…okay, go before I let you pull me into a dark corner,” I said with a grin. He laughed and walked toward the bar.

Spencer just smiled at me. “You two are gross.”

“Stop hatin’, Spencer. Boy, do you know how to clean up well! I can sense the hoochies planning on how to approach you or should I say attack you. You look damn good in this suit, dude,” I stated as I looked at him dressed in a black suit, with black shirt and tie.

He leaned down and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Yeah, thanks and whatever to the chicks that are plotting their attack. I'm not interested."

"Oh, come on, Spencie, flirt a little. Show them some of that charm that I love," I said with a grin. Spencer held my hand out and looked at me with a grin. He thought it was funny that I called him Spencie. He hated it, but I told him he had no choice but to love it because I gave it to him. He readily conceded.

"Naw...they're not ready for that and neither am I. But, you...damn, Dav, you look like you're dressed to murder. I’m not going to tell you how hot you look in that dress because you already know.”

I smiled at him and linked my arm through his. “And you know this.”

“So modest. And, the way that Jackson was pawing you, I’d say he knows it too,” Spencer said.

“Yes, he does. So what took you so long?” I asked.

“Some shit with my dad. Hey, where can I put this?” he asked with a smile, referring to his gift.

“Come with me. Oh, I want you to meet a few people,” I said as I introduced him to my father, Ms. Lydia, Bryce, my brother, Bryce’s friends, and Megan, Dion, her girlfriend Kelly and Brianna. Spencer was talking to Demetrius, Jackson and Seth when Brianna, Megan, and Dion pulled me to the side.

“That’s Spencer? Your friend from school?” Brianna asked.

“Yeah, that’s him,” I said.

“He’s extra pretty…umm, umm, umm,” Megan said as we all looked at him.

“Yeah, but he’s my boy. And I want to hook him up with Tasha,” I stated.

“Oh, yeah…Natasha. I can see that,” Brianna said.

“So, I’m going to play matchmaker for a minute. Watch me work,” I stated as I walked over to Spencer and pulled him away.

“Hey, do you want to meet my twin?” I asked as he grinned.

“If she looks like you…you know I do,” he stated with a grin. Natasha was my younger cousin. Her mom was my dad’s younger sister. She was in grad school for counseling and she basically was my favorite cousin. We had always been pretty close, but a few years ago, she was heartbroken when she had to break up with this guy that she was crazy about. Natasha really didn't tell me what the deal was and I didn't push her. She's always had a tendency to internalize and not share some things, but she would when she was ready, in her own time. She hadn’t been dating and she seemed like the perfect candidate for Spencer. Her back was to us because she was getting a drink. I tapped the skin on her bare shoulder that looked so much like mine and watched my beautiful cousin turn around.

“Simmy…hey, these bartenders make some good drinks. They’re not all watered down and shit. It’s just enough to…Spencer?” Natasha asked in awe, her deep brown eyes widening as she looked at Spencer.

“Tash…Tasha…Natasha?” Spencer asked with a look of surprise, then elation, then anger. I looked between the two.

“You two know each other?” I asked. They began to speak like I wasn’t there.

“You’re Davia’s cousin? Damn, this is a small world. I knew it was something about her that reminded me of you,” Spencer stated as those brown eyes of his seared right into Natasha, who couldn’t tear her eyes away from him.

“Yeah, and you’re the guy who hit on her who’s now her good friend? How in the hell? Where have you been?” Natasha asked.

“Not that you give a damn, but traveling, and in law school. After what went down, I had to get away…far away. So, I went to Europe and South America, Australia…you name it, I went there. Dav, this is the girl I told you about. You know, the one that ripped my heart out of my chest and stepped all over it. The love of my life…the one I wanted to marry…the only woman I ever loved,” Spencer stated so coldly, I’m surprised his tongue wasn’t frozen. This was the man-eater that broke my friend’s heart? Sweet Natasha? This is the same girl that cried after Mufasa died in Lion King and gave her pet hamster a funeral. Natasha was the one that beat the shit out of his heart? This is some heavy shit.

I’ve been telling Spencer that if I ever crossed paths with his ex, I would beat her in the head 'til the white meat show. He always agreed that he wouldn't mind watching me do it, but now that I know it's my cousin...Well, I can’t very well do that to my own cousin, now can I?

“Spencer, there’s a lot that went on that you don’t know about and when I decided to come to you, you were gone,” Natasha said.

“What did you expect? Did you expect me to be sitting on your damn doorstep waiting like a fuckin’ puppy, Tasha? I did that for a minute, remember? You tossed me a bone, then you trampled all over my heart again,” Spencer stated.

“Okay. I take it that you two need to talk…,” I said. Spencer looked at Natasha.

“Um, I think I’m gonna take off, Dav,” Spencer stated.

“No, you just got here. Talk to her,” I said but Spencer interrupted me. He kissed me on the cheek and glanced at Natasha. The look that he gave her…this boy was still deeply in love with her.

“No, I’m going to go. Tell your sister congratulations,” Spencer stated as he walked toward the exit.

Natasha ran behind him. I looked up and saw the strain on my uncle James’ and aunt Veronica’s face, Natasha’s parents. They seemed to sigh and went back to talking to my dad and Ms. Lydia. What in the hell went down with Spencer and Natasha?
*********************************************************
Davia

Jackson came back to my place because I was concerned about Natasha. Natasha was staying with me this weekend, and I wanted to find out what was going on with her and Spencer. It took her 20 minutes to come back to the party after she ran out after Spencer and she looked so defeated. I needed to talk to her because I wanted to know what happened between her and Spencer. When I looked at the two of them, they did make a good looking couple. Their personalities did fit...that's why I was going to try to hook them up. Little did I know, they had already done that themselves.

Lying in bed, I looked over at a worn out Jackson who was knocked out and I laughed lowly to myself. I wore his ass out. I looked at him and kissed him on the lips lightly. He smiled and whispered, “Baby…love you.”

“Love you, too,” I whispered and kissed him again. He moved closer under the covers as I heard the refrigerator opening. I slowly got out of the bed, because hell, I was sore as shit, and I pulled on a pair of jogging pants and a t-shirt and walked out into the living room. Natasha was sitting on my couch still in her dress from the party, eating chocolate chip ice cream. I walked in and sat next to her. She was so pretty, but she looked so sad.

“Hey cous. I’m sorry I woke you up. I just can’t sleep,” she said.

“It’s cool. Did you and Naomi and Jessica have fun tonight?” I asked. She went out with a few of my other cousins after the party.

“It was okay. It’s just…seeing Spencer again brought back so many memories. He looked sooo good and it’s just…he hates me and I still love him. I never stopped loving him,” Natasha stated sadly. I moved closer to her and rubbed her knee.

“Sweetie, he doesn’t hate you, this I know. I mean, he’s bitter and angry, but he still loves you. I’m a little in the dark about all of this. I mean, he keeps telling me that you stomped on his heart, but he blames himself for the break-up,” I stated. Natasha laughed and gave a smirk.

“He doesn’t know everything. He didn’t do anything wrong. It was all on me and there he goes, protecting me, telling you that it was something he did when it wasn’t. It was my fault,” Natasha said.

“Tash, what happened? For real?” I asked. I was tired of this shit. I needed to know.

“Spencer and I met while I was filling in for one of my mom’s servers at a party for his cousin. We started hanging out and it got serious. We were dating for about a year and a half…my daddy didn’t like it, and mommy thought that I was going to get hurt. His father hated it because you know, Spencer is heir to Avondale Industries, something he never wanted. Anyway, we were totally in love with each other. He was everything to me. One day, his father came to me and basically told me that I had to break it off with Spencer or he would fire my father from A.I. and make sure he never got another engineering job and he knew everyone who was anyone in Houston and my mom’s catering business would go under…he would make sure of that. So, I told Spencer that I was scared and I found someone else and we were over. He didn’t believe me at first, but after telling him a few more times that it was over, he took the hint and left. I didn’t mean to hurt him the way that I did, but I had to. I couldn’t do that to my parents just because I wanted Spencer. They worked too hard,” Natasha said sniffling and crying. I reached over and grabbed a Kleenex from my end table and gave it to her. She blew her nose with one tissue and wiped her eyes with another.

“Why didn’t you tell Spencer and your parents what his dad said?” I asked.

“Because his father told me that if I told him or anyone, he would definitely make good on his threat and he would disinherit Spencer. I couldn’t let him do that to him. He’s so…well, you know him. It was the hardest thing I had to do, Simmy and I still love him…I never stopped,” Natasha said. I pulled her to me and hugged her because I didn’t know what else to do. I also knew that there was more to this story than what she was telling me, but I wouldn't push her. She would tell me...eventually.

I know what she had to do. She needed to come clean with Spencer…maybe, just maybe something could be salvaged.