Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 4

Davia

“Finally, we have everything squared away for your graduation party. We are going to get down, girl. I am so freakin’ proud of you,” Falene replied with a grin.

“Thank you, big sis. I can’t believe it. I’m graduating in two and a half weeks. This is going to be incredible,” I replied.

Falene smiled at me as she walked on the treadmill. “Yes it will be, Ms. 3.9, Summa Cum Laude. But I wanna talk about your hot ex-teacher asking you out. I know that’s what’s got you so quiet this morning. Come on, spill.”

“I told you I had a feeling he was interested Leenie and now it’s been confirmed,” I replied as I worked out with my big sister Falene early Tuesday morning at the gym. We walked the treadmill and cycled every Monday through Thursday. Brianna and Megan usually worked out with us, but Brianna was sick and Megan was out of town on business at a realtor showcase in Florida.

Falene laughed. “I knew that when I saw the way he looked at you.”

I panted and asked, “You saw him looking at me?”

“Yeah, like you were the best thing since the thong was created. That man is really feeling you, little sis. Everyone could see that. Look, Simmy, it’s not that serious. You’re just going to dinner. If you don’t like him, you’ll know after that night and you won’t have to be bothered with him ever again,” said Falene, my big sister, who had the most rotten luck with men.

Damn. Sometimes, little pearls of wisdom did come out of her mouth.

“But you can’t deny that you like him too. That man is fine as wine, Simmy. Tall, gorgeous, broad shoulders, greenish brown eyes, wears good clothes and has the nerve to be bowlegged. Little sis, that man is like too fine! I know you like him,” Falene replied panting after her sentence.

“Wait a minute? You noticed that he’s bowlegged?” I asked her as I continued to pant and walk.

“Yes, I noticed that and I also noticed that he has big his hands and those feet are huge, chic, huge,” Falene replied with a wink.

“Falene Maris Vincent, you ain’t right,” I replied with a grin.

“I know,” she replied as she smiled back at me. There was silence for a couple of minutes then I began to speak.

“You know, I’ve been man free for almost two years and me agreeing to this date is going against all that,” I replied.

“Maybe you need to go against it, Davia,” Falene replied breathlessly as she walked.

“Why do you say that?” I asked breathlessly.

“Because you are bit too serious. Listen, I understand why you swore off men…because your ex likes to swing both ways,” Falene said as she panted.

“Wouldn’t that make you lock your shit down?” I asked.

Falene chuckled and said, “Definitely, for a minute, but you can’t avoid men for the rest of your life because of a shithead, Simmy. I mean, look at me. I am the queen at picking dumb ass men and have I given up on searching for someone who is worthy of me?”

“Nope,” I replied.

“Well then. I’m not saying that you have to give up the booty right away, even though this will only be the third guy to even get in your pants, if you even let him get that close,” said Falene.

Okay, so my number was pretty low. Number one was my freshman year of college boyfriend. Wasn’t too good in bed, wasn’t too bad. But, the foreplay was never long enough. Didn’t set the mood for me too often. Number two was the gay ex. Very good in bed, but he liked sticking men too…not good. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve had plenty of dates, boyfriends, etc., and I’ve had a few favors done for me. But not many got my goodies, you know what I’m saying. I pride myself on that and well, it’s kept me in check. Like my mama always said, keep them guessing, keep it closed and keep it tight.

“We are just going to dinner, not to the Mosey Wosey, as daddy would say. I’m just making sure he doesn’t get any ideas. I mean, he’s successful, fine and white. I’ve never dated a white guy before. I’ve been approached and propositioned by several, but I’ve never been with a white guy…especially a white boy with pretty lips and sexy green eyes. Ummm,” I replied as Falene laughed.

“So, you’re saying that even though he’s fine, sexy and wants you, you’re not going to give him any?” Falene asked.

“Nope. I’m still sticking to my celibancy proclamation,” I replied as Falene laughed.

“Celibant from a human penis, but not from a plastic one…so don’t go there,” Falene said.

I laughed. “Hey, a woman has needs and Woody in my night table drawer is all I need for now. That’s all I’m going to allow myself to need. I don’t want to get hurt again, Leenie.” There, I said it. I jumped into a relationship with the gay ex really fast and sex was one of our favorite pastimes. I was not going to jump again until I knew that this person was really into me and not in the habit of sexing guys.

“You don’t have to get hurt…just take it easy. But you need to get laid, with a real penis. Your ass is way too stressed,” Falene replied.

“Says you. I’m just scared Falene, because, he’s smart, he’s gorgeous and I like him…and, he’s white, so I don’t know what to expect anyway. I’m intrigued, to say the least,” I stated honestly.

“Davia Simone Vincent, you are fabulous. Just be yourself, and try not to worry about the race issue too much, because, well, it’ll stop you from getting to really know him,” Falene replied.

I panted and continued to walk. “But our races are an issue, Leenie, you know that. Lots of people don’t accept it. I mean, you’ve dated white guys. What’s the difference from dating a brother?”

My sister grinned. “The usual….their skin color… cultural differences, but for the most part, nothing. A man is a dog in any color, little sis. Trust me, I know. Look, just don’t go expecting this to be the end all, be all of relationships. Eat, have fun, maybe give him a little kiss and see where it goes. Don’t make this harder than it has to be, Simmy. You have a tendency to do that.”

I smiled at my sister and took in everything she said and decided to just keep it light and enjoy the evening. If it went well, that would be good. If it went to the crapper, then, oh well. No harm, no foul.
*********************************************************
Jackson

I was working a little late Thursday night and my colleague and good friend Bryce Lawrence who works in corporate law on the 6th floor at the law firm of Carnegie and Dyson with me called and asked if I wanted to have a late dinner. I work in litigation on 7th floor, just in case you wondered.

I looked up and saw Bryce walking through the door of my office. Bryce was of mixed race and he had an African American mother and a White father. He was a good guy and a brilliant attorney. We met and just clicked.

“Hey, Jackson, you finished, because I am starving,” he replied as he laid his briefcase on the end of the sofa in my office and plopping in one of the armchairs in front of my desk.

“Give me five minutes and we can get out of here. I stayed late tonight because I’m leaving early tomorrow. I have a date,” I replied as I thought about Davia and tomorrow night.

Bryce laughed. “Well, by the way you’re grinning, you must be looking forward to it. Anybody I know?”

“You know that student that I told you about?” I asked.

“The one that you seem to be a little infatuated with who has that pretty, sexy name…Davia?” Bryce asked.

“Yes, Davia and I’m not infatuated with her…I just like her…a lot. Besides, infatuation got me in a world of trouble with Demona, I mean Paulina,” I replied as Bryce laughed.

“You can say that again. I saw the wedding picture and everything in the paper. I know Dante was at the wedding, job requirement and all. How was it?” Bryce asked.

“He said it was a huge deal, just like the papers and the news said and he said that Paulina should have been struck by lightning for wearing that virginal white wedding gown. Other than that, he said the food was good and there were a gang of single women. Just his type of party,” I replied with a grin.

“Sounds like it,” Bryce replied.

“And to answer the little diddle that’s going on in your head, no she’s not my student anymore. I’m free and clear to see her,” I replied.

“Cool. So, Jackson, are you over everything that happened between you and Paulina?” Bryce asked.

I tilted my head to the side as I began to pack up for the night. “Yeah, I am. I mean, we didn’t love each other and my ego was severely bruised, but I’m glad I didn’t end up with her. She wasn’t for me and everything that happened was just proof of that.”

“So, you think that this girl could be the one?” Bryce asked. I laughed.

“I don’t know. I have a good feeling about her though,” I replied.

Bryce smiled. “And this doesn’t have anything to do with just hittin’ it?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You know what I mean. You are a sucker for a beautiful woman, which is what got you hooked up with Paulina in the first place. You two had nothing in common except sex. Paulina was fine, but she was dumb as dirt. The girl couldn’t string together a complete sentence without saying uh,” Bryce stated.

I laughed. “Don’t remind me.”

“Just had to point out the obvious. Also, the way you described her she sounds like she’s fine as hell and the way you’ve been lusting over her, you sure this isn’t just about getting the booty?” Bryce asked.

“First of all, let’s be real…it’s always about getting the booty and secondly, I will admit, she is beautiful, but the girl is smart, witty, focused, goal oriented…,” I stated but was interrupted by Bryce.

“Definitely not what you’ve been seeing for the last couple of years,” Bryce stated.

“Definitely not. She’s interesting and her being a hottie is a plus. I want to get to know her and I want to screw her brains out. Not necessarily in that order,” I replied with a grin as Bryce shook his head.

Bryce stood as he saw me close my briefcase and walk around my desk. He picked up his briefcase and we walked out of my office. We walked down the corridor to the elevator and got in and were on our way to dinner.

Bryce had a good point. For the last five to six years, I have been with good time girls who were mainly eye candy. The reason why is that I really needed to focus on my career. I didn’t want to get too serious and for the last couple of years, the women that I’ve been seeing have not stimulated anything but my sex drive. But I had a feeling about Davia Vincent. It was something about her, the way I our eyes caught that first day, the way she looked at me.

This was going to be good. It had to be.
*********************************************************
Davia

Friday night…the date night. I’m sitting across from Jackson at this great Cuban restaurant and I’m having a good time, an excellent time really.

I guess it helps that he was on time and he brought me a bouquet of pink roses and he looked sexy as hell in that white and brown long sleeved shirt, with that navy blue vintage t-shirt and those khaki cargo pants, and he smelled absolutely delicious and he couldn’t keep his eyes off me the entire night and I knew the reason.

I figured this was a first date and we were going to a Cuban restaurant, so I didn’t want to be overdressed. I decided to wear something that would give him a bird’s eye view of the assets, but still keep him guessing. I wore a pair of low rider khaki cargo capris, which hugged my ass and hips and made them both look amazing, with a mint green cropped tube top and a long sleeved mint short cardigan with tiny sequins along the lapel, to cover up the tube top. The tube top allowed for a small portion of my waistline to be exposed and I wore a pair of cute tan heels. I looked sexy, young and cute to boot. I decided to wear my hair wrapped down around my head and when he told me I looked absolutely gorgeous, I knew I did my job right.

He opened doors and held my elbow and touched me on the lower part of my back just right as we entered and exited through the night. Sure, we got a couple of stares, and I freaked a bit, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be.

This is how the conversation began over dinner.

“I’ve never been here before. This is nice,” I replied as we sat at a table towards the back of the restaurant. It was a cozy, inviting restaurant and it didn’t seat too many people, which allowed for a more intimate setting, which helped when you are trying to get to know someone.

I had to hand it to him. He knew the perfect place to go for a first date.

“Yeah, it is and the food is great. I’m really glad you said yes, Davia,” Jackson replied as he smiled at me, those beautiful green eyes staring into mine. I loved the way my name rolled off his tongue. It sounded beautiful and sensual.

Calm down girl. The night is just starting.

“Me too,” I replied nervously as I looked around at the stares we were receiving. Jackson’s eyes followed my line of vision and he smiled.

“Are you nervous?” he asked.

I laughed. “It shows, huh?”

“Yeah, it does. Just relax,” he replied.

“That’s easier said than done. I have to be honest. Can I be honest? Because I would really like to be honest,” I asked, realizing that I was rambling.

Jackson just smiled and replied, “I would prefer you to be honest. Shoot.”

“You’re the first white guy I’ve ever been out with,” I replied.

He looked surprised. “Really?”

“Yes and I’m not used to all the stares. It makes me uncomfortable. You would think that people would just get over the race thing. That’s why I’m whiggin’ out right now,” I replied. Jackson leaned over and covered his hand with mine, gently squeezing it and giving me one of those dynamic smiles of his. I stared at our hands, which were so different, but looked and felt so right together. Shit, Falene was right…he had big hands…huge.

Oh shit…I’m in trouble.

“Oh, so that’s why you’re looking like you’re going to jump out of your skin,” Jackson replied as I laughed.

“Yeah. I have a question and you probably know what it is…,” I replied but he cut me off.

“No, you’re not the first black woman I’ve ever dated,” he stated.

“Oh. Do you only date black women?” I asked.

“I date all women. I date whom I’m attracted to. It’s as simple as that,” he replied with a grin.

I smiled. “Well, I guess it is simple, the way you put it. I’m just concerned, you know. I mean, you’re white and I’m black. Most people don’t like that.”

Jackson grinned at me once more as he leaned closer and chuckled. “Most people don’t like anything that’s not in their definition of what’s normal. You can’t change people, even though, what we’re doing shouldn’t be a problem, but it is to most people. I don’t really give a damn about what people think and I think you’re the same way. So this is what I suggest we do, Ms. Vincent.”

I smiled widely at him. “What do you suggest?”

“I say, to hell with them and let’s focus on the two people at this table. I know it may be easier said than done, but let’s try to forget about the stares, even though I know why most of the men here are staring…just look at you…you’re beautiful,” he replied sincerely and I blushed my ass off. Why in the world did he have to say that?

I had to come back with something after that. “Thank you and I know most of the women in here are not staring at me. They’re wishing that I would curl up and die. They’re drooling over you, just like the chics in class did. So, it’s not just me.”

Jackson laughed. “Duly noted. Look, Davia, I like you and I want to get to know you, that’s all. Let’s just do what we’ve been doing so far and we should be golden. Is that cool with you?”

At this point, I was grinning like a sissy with a bag of dicks. “Yeah, that’s cool. So, what should we get to start?”

Whoa…he said he liked me. And the funny part is, I believed him.

Uh-oh.
*********************************************************
Jackson

After I got her out of her initial nervousness, the night went great after that. We ate good food, had great conversation and I decided to take her on a walk around Rosenbloom Park, which has this beautiful lake. The moon was out and the night was cool. I wanted to get into her head some more and I didn’t want to take her home just yet.

“Nice spot,” Davia asked as we walked through the park towards a nearby bench.

“Yeah, it is nice, huh?” I asked.

“Yes. You must bring a lot of women here,” she replied.

I had to grin. I knew I liked her for a reason. She’s not stupid. She knows that this is apart of my MO. Good girl. I liked that. Still, I had to play it off.

“Excuse me?” I asked with a chuckle, looking over at her as she walked beside me.

“Come on, Jackson. It’s a beautiful night, the moon is full and you can see its image over the water. The illusion makes the night beautiful, euphoric, romantic. This is the perfect background to get a chic all gooey inside and let her guard down just a bit. I’m a woman, I know these things,” she stated with her head held high, looking over the lake. I slowly looked her over.

And yeah, she was definitely a woman. She looked cute and drop dead sexy tonight. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her.

“Trust me, I know that you’re a woman,” I replied as we reached the bench. I put my arms on the back of the bench and she sat to my left.

“What I mean is, I know that I’m not the only woman that you’ve brought here and that’s cool. Not many guys like the romantic stuff and as a woman, I appreciate the romantic stuff. You just got a couple of positive tally points on the good guy side of my date book,” she replied with a grin as she glanced at me and looked back over the water. I turned my eyes to the water and laughed. I didn’t have to bs her into thinking that she was the first woman that I brought here. I liked that she was cool with it.

I really liked this girl.

“Positive tally points are good. Okay, I’m busted. I’ve brought a couple, not many, women here. Most of them really didn’t appreciate the scenery. They usually complained about bugs or smelling like outside or something,” I replied as she laughed.

“You poor thing. But this girl likes it a lot,” she replied looking at me.

“I’m glad that you like it a lot,” I replied with a grin that made her smile.

And that’s how the night went. I haven’t talked to a woman and actually listened to what she had to say in a long time. We talked by that lake for about two hours and then she began to yawn and I reluctantly brought her home.

Now, this is where it got interesting. I wanted to kiss her. I really wanted to kiss her. And I was hoping she would let me.

She unlocked her door and leaned against it. I looked down into her eyes and grinned.

“I had a lot of fun, tonight Jackson. You’re not what I expected,” she replied.

“So did I. And, you were everything that I expected you would be,” I replied smoothly and watched her blush and turn her head, giving me a beautiful smile. The funny part about that line was it was the truth.

“You really have a way with words,” she replied.

I shrugged my shoulders and gave her a sexy grin. “It’s a gift and I meant what I said, Davia.”

I watched her pull her bottom lip into her mouth nervously and smile as she looked up at me. There was a small patch of silence, then she began to speak again.

“This was not awful at all,” she replied.

“Thanks, I think,” I replied. She grabbed one of my hands and shook it gently as she laughed.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I didn’t know what to expect and I began to conjure up all these bad date scenarios. I’m just glad that this date wasn’t one of them,” Davia replied.

“You had me nervous for a second, girl. Thanks for the save. I had a really good time with you, Davia. Can we do this again?” I asked as I leaned closer to her, trying to set the scene for a goodnight kiss.

“Yeah. But let’s talk before you get any closer,” she replied putting her hand on my chest.

“Alright. What’s up?” I asked.

“Now, I’m a firm believer in not kissing on the first date. You can ask any man that I’ve ever dated. Davia Vincent does not kiss on the first date,” Davia stated.

I smiled as I looked at her. “I really don’t want to ask any other guys that you’ve dated anything.”

“Well, that’s good, because I don’t want you talking to them either. They’re assholes. Anyway, like I was saying, I don’t kiss on the first date, but something is compelling me to kiss you,” she replied moving closer to me, putting her hands on my chest. I moved my hands to her waist and when she didn’t flinch or object, I wrapped my arms around her waist. I couldn’t help it. She was so freakin’ beautiful. I was just drawn to her. I wanted to touch her, so I ran my finger along her cute little nose and along her jawline. Her skin was flawless, velvety soft and reminded me of my favorite piece of chocolate. She smelled so good…good enough to eat, which was something that was consuming my thoughts at that moment, but I had to put that to the back of my mind. I licked my lips slowly and she sighed.

Damn, I loved that sigh. I wanted to hear that again.

“I’m glad that something is compelling you to kiss me, because I really want to kiss you. So, what’s the verdict. Does Davia Vincent kiss on the first date?” I asked, leaning slowly to her lips as I stared into her eyes. She ran her tongue along her bottom lip and closed her eyes.

“She does now,” she replied and I leaned down and kissed the lips that I had been wanting to kiss since I first saw her.

I kissed her slowly, without my tongue at first, just to see how she would respond. Davia’s arms went around my neck and pulled me closer. Hell yeah. She wanted more. Good.

I pulled her closer against me and my hands went to cup her face as I captured her bottom lip between my lips. It was plump and delicious, just like I imagined it would be. Then, she sighed again. When I let her bottom lip go, I ran my tongue along the seam of her lips and she opened her mouth. My tongue tasted her luscious mouth and danced with her tongue. She tasted so damn good and she was a great kisser.

“Davia,” I whispered, then I continued to kiss her.

I’m not usually a guy to get hard from one kiss, but Davia had me hard as hell, especially after she moaned my name.

“Umm, Jackson,” she whispered and I kissed her a little deeper. This girl had my head spinning. I wanted more, but I knew I had to stop, so I pulled away and leaned my head against hers, stroking my thumbs along the sides of her soft cheeks. She felt so good next to me, soft and smelling as sweet as she looked. We were both panting and out of breath. Davia leaned back slowly with the sexiest look on her face. Her lips were swollen and looked like they needed more attention from mine, but I wouldn’t go that far…not yet. I ran my thumb along her swollen lips.

To hell with that. I pulled her to me by the waist once more and kissed the shit out of her. The next thing I know, my hands are everywhere and so are hers. After we finished tongue tangoing for a few minutes, we pulled away from each other and just stared at each other. I held on to her waist and my thumb went back to caressing her lips.

“Damn, you’re beautiful,” I whispered as I looked over every inch of that gorgeous face of hers.

“Thank you. What the hell was that?” Davia asked breathlessly.

“I don’t know but I know I sure as hell want more,” I whispered as she grinned.

“Yeah, me too. Well, um, call me so we can do this again,” she whispered shyly, not looking at me. I lifted her chin with the tip of my finger so I could look into her eyes.

“I will definitely do that. Davia, that was…,” I whispered.

“I know. Shit,” she whispered as I laughed, thinking the same thing. Shit. I leaned away and gave her a look that made her sigh again. Hard on especially raging now. I had to go.

“Well, good night, Jackson,” she replied in this breathless voice that was not helping my erection at all.

“Good night, Davia. Sweet dreams,” I whispered as I kissed her hand and walked backwards to my car. She was slumped against the door and I waited until she went inside before I pulled off.

This girl was stirring up things in me that I never felt before. We talked about everything and she was so freaking smart, which turned me on beyond belief. She was confident and shy and sweet and beautiful. The more we talked, the more I wanted to know, which is weird because usually women talking is something that I never want to hear, but I loved to hear her talk and laugh and…aw shit, what was happening to me! And that kiss was…I don’t know what it was, but I do know it was damn good and I wanted and needed more. I needed more of Davia Vincent and I was going to get it.