Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 9

Davia

The summer went by so fast, I thought as I was standing in line at the Laughton Law Bookstore. I was so excited about starting law school. Everything seemed to finally be falling into place. I was on track to get my law degree. I had a sexy, gorgeous, umm umm umm good boyfriend that I was crazy about who knew what I was about to go through and understood. Life couldn’t get any better.

When I met Jackson’s parents a few weeks ago, I was a little nervous. His father was a cute old guy, very sweet. Think of Seth, but older. Yeah, pretty funny, huh? His mother, on the other hand, was something else. She interrogated the piss out of me, but I held my own. I didn’t show her any fear, at least I thought I didn’t. His mother could be intimidating as hell, but it went okay. They weren’t shocked at my race, surprisingly, but since their kids are walking rainbow coalitions and truly believe that variety is the spice of life, I guess my black ass shouldn’t have shocked them too bad.

Jackson and I have been having so much fun together. We act like kids together. We like doing stuff like playing paintball, go cart driving, going to Astroworld, going out dancing, you know, fun stuff like that. I liked the fact that he wasn’t a stick in the mud and liked having fun. He was now teaching me about baseball, a sport that I could never get into. I’m telling you, I hate watching baseball, but playing it is so much more fun. And, when you have a teacher as hot as Jackson, you don’t mind learning about that boring shit.

Let's talk about the sheet action. Y'all just don't know. The sex is fucking epic. I'm telling you, that boy finds new positions and ways to bend my willing ass all the time. I've never connected with someone on a physical level the way I do with Jackson. It's like we fit together. The boy has me dickmatized, I tell you.

And let me let y'all in on something else. When he calls me sugar or baby or sweetness in that sexy, deep, country drawl that he uses only with me, I swear my panties fall down on their own because they are so wet. Okay, I'm standing here, getting hot. I'll stop now.

Falene and Bryce are joined at the hip. If you see one, you see the other. They’ve met both sets of parents and of course, Bryce’s parents love Falene. My father is a little harder to get past. Daddy is very hard on guys that we bring home. He just doesn’t think anyone is good enough for his girls, which is why I haven’t brought Jackson to meet Daddy yet.

It’s not that I’m scared of my father. I’m just scared for Jackson. From what I heard, poor Bryce was triple teamed by daddy, Uncle Samuel and Demetrius, who happened to be coming from a fishing trip when Falene decided to spring the poor guy on Daddy. Falene said he took it like a man, but told her that it wasn’t the best experience in the world. Dion thought it was the funniest thing in the world that my daddy, uncle and brother worked over Bryce. I told Falene to watch her ass. When she ends up being like that girl in the Case video, she’ll understand.

Let’s get off of that subject and talk about Brianna. Brianna seems a lot happier these days. Every time you see her, she’s smiling and humming and shit. I know it has to do with a guy, but Brianna won’t talk. That’s how she is. She won’t say anything until she is sure that it’s going to work. Very careful, that girl. Too careful if you ask me.

As I stood in line, I thought about the conversation that Jackson and I had concerning our schedules. I was going to be wrapped up with school, he was going to be teaching and working his cases, so there would be little time for us. But I could handle that. He wasn’t one of those possessive, had to be under me 24/7 guys. He wanted me to do my thing and he was cool with it. I wasn’t like that either, so we would be okay, I thought.

The drive to and from Laughton wasn’t bad at all. I made my schedule to where I would start by 8:00am be home by 2:00pm each day. This way, I would have time to relax when I got home and get some good studying time in.

Is this line moving, I thought as I stood and waited. As I moved up in line, I looked around and locked eyes with this fine ass white guy…tall, about 6’3, short black hair, beautiful brown eyes…absolutely gorgeous. He had on a white vintage t-shirt and grey stone washed looking jeans. He was so hot that I figured he was not looking at me. I turned around and looked about to see if he was looking at Pamela Anderson junior who was in back of me and sure enough, he caught my eyes again, showcasing a beautiful pearly white smile. He was standing with another cute white guy and they were talking, but he was staring at me while speaking to his friend. I looked away and paid attention to my books.

What the hell was going on? I moved up to pay for my things and I could still feel his eyes on me. When I finally finished my purchase, I walked outside of the bookstore and began the trek to my car. Damn, I should have bought a wheelbarrow or something to hold all these big ass, heavy ass books.

“You need any help with those?” a male voice asked. I turned around and saw the cutie from the bookstore. I gave him a small smile.

“No thanks, I can manage. My car is right over there,” I replied as I began to walk to my car. I did not want to encourage his ass, so I lied. Cutie pie was not to be deterred. He was a man on a mission. He walked up to me and smoothly took my books out of my hands.

“I insist. A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be straining yourself,” he replied as he gave me another smile as I felt his eyes pass over my frame. I knew that my ass looked good in my low rider, tight faded blue jeans paired with a simple white wifebeater, my hair, in a sideways, low ponytail. Whoa, he was hotter up close, I thought. Hell, if he wants to carry my books, let him. Although he is fine as hell, he’s still not getting any play. I have a man. But man, he was cute.

“Hey, I kind of think of it as walking weightlifting, that’s all. All the benefits of a workout even if you don’t want it,” I replied as I reached my car. He laughed.

“That was cute…like you,” he replied.

“Thank you,” I replied as I popped the trunk of my car. He put my books inside and closed the trunk. I gave him a grin.

“Well, thanks for helping me with my books. I didn’t need it, but thanks,” I replied. He looked down into my eyes.

“Anytime. So, do I get to know the name of the beautiful girl that I carried 100lbs of books for?” the cutie stranger asked.

“Davia,” I said.

“Davia. That’s pretty. I’m Spencer,” he replied as he put out his hand for me to shake. I shook it and pulled my hand away.

“Nice to meet you. Well, have a good one Spencer and thank you,” I replied as I climbed into my car. He just stood and smiled.

“It was my pleasure, Davia. I hope to see you soon,” he replied as I drove away. You know he stayed there until I was out of sight. I guess chivalry is not dead after all.

Too bad I was spoken for. If I wasn’t, he’d get it. Oh yeah, he would.
********************************************************
Jackson

Once again, a new crop of students. Girls sitting on the first row, pulling their skirts up, giving me huge smiles. It was always the same, semester after semester, I thought. I gave out their syllabus and other information and I let them go. I pulled out my cell phone and called Davia to see if she wanted to have dinner with me. She didn’t start classes until next week, so she was still free.

“Hello,” she answered after 2 rings as she laughed.

“Hey you. What are you crackin’ up about?” I asked.

“Bree and Leenie goin’ at it again. So, are you finished for the night?” Davia asked.

“Yeah and I was wondering if you wanted to do Hibachi with me,” I replied as I walked to my car. It was weird, but I could feel her smiling through the phone.

“Yes I would love to. You want me to meet you or what?” she asked.

“I’ll pick you up in about an hour. Is that good for you?” I asked.

“Works for me. I’ll see you later,” she replied.

“Alright, baby. Later,” I replied as I hung up the phone. The next minute or so, it began to ring again.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey, big bro. How are you?” Seth asked. Seth never asks me how I am, unless he wants something.

“I’m good. What do you want, Seth?” I asked.

“Do you think that you could make yourself scarce for a few hours? I need the house for awhile,” Seth replied.

“Oh, so you’re bringing the mystery girl home? Why haven’t I met her yet?” Jackson asked.

“Because you haven’t okay! Just keep your ass away for a few, alright?” Seth asked as I grinned.

“I guess I can do that. I have plans anyway. You know, you need to find your own place. I mean, it is my penthouse. You can’t keep putting me out of my own house just because you are trying to be incognito with your girlfriend. Is she married? Does she have a boyfriend? Is that why no one knows who she is?” I asked.

“No, she’s not married and no she doesn’t have a boyfriend. We just want to keep this to ourselves, that’s all. Besides, you’ll be proud to know that I’ve been looking for my own place, so you won’t have to worry about me for long,” Seth replied.

“It’s about damn time. Look, you got what you wanted. I’m out of your hair for a while. Anything else?” I asked.

“Nope, just stay the hell away. Thanks,” Seth replied.

“No problem. Later,” I replied as I closed my cell phone.

I began to ponder Seth’s behavior over the past few months. He wasn’t going out as much as he used to and he was constantly on the phone. I haven’t seen him with a different girl each week, which was a feat in itself. Could Seth possibly have a…girlfriend? Someone that has him wanting to finally get his own place? That would be great, because he makes good money as an advertising exec. I know what you’re thinking. Yeah, just the right job for his ass. Even though he could have had his own place by now, he told me that he liked living with me because my life was always good for a laugh. That little shit.

Hmm, I wonder who it could be, I thought as I drove to Davia’s apartment. I guess I’ll find out…eventually.
*********************************************************
Davia

The first week of class always gives me a rush. I was so excited about starting law school that I probably could have lit up my entire apartment for a month. I was ready to learn and willing to do whatever it took to be the best law student that I could.

I’m one of those people whose clothes reflect their mood, which in my case was happy and ready. I looked at my dark green low rider capri’s and pale yellow cap sleeve blouse. I looked very cute and judging from the number of looks I received, I must have. Today as I found a seat in the second row of my last class, which was Legal Ethics, I looked around and was happy to see as many women as I did, particularly women of color. There were 3 black women, 1 Asian, and 2 Hispanic. It was comforting to see that I wasn’t going to be the only female in this class.

As I sat and waited for class to start, I decided to read my text messages. I was laughing at a dirty one that Megan sent when I heard a male voice from behind me.

“Aren’t you the pretty girl whose arms I saved a few weeks previously?” the voice asked.

I turned around and saw that cutie pie Spencer smiling at me.

“That’s me. Funny seeing you here,” I replied.

“You too, Davia,” he replied as I laughed.

“You remember my name. Spencer, right?” I asked.

“I always remember a pretty girl’s name. By the way, you look absolutely gorgeous today” he replied as he looked me over.

Okay, white boy. The compliments come easy I see. “Thank you. So, is this your first year here?” I asked.

“No, I’m a 2nd year. So are you…,” but he was interrupted by the professor walking into the class. He just smiled at me and sat back in his seat. I turned to face the professor as he began to speak about the class.

An hour later, as I was walking out of the class, that Spencer guy walked beside me.

“So, what did you think?” Spencer asked looking me over.

“That I’m going to be doing a lot of reading and studying, just like with my other four classes,” I replied as I began to walk faster. Spencer was tall and long legged and he kept up with me as we exited the building. Why was dude still following me? Oh, I know…I looked good today.

“Yeah, me too. Davia, if you’re not busy, would you like to go to dinner with me? I mean, we could talk over our schedules, maybe get to know each other better,” Spencer stated as I flashed him a smile.

“You really are quick, aren’t you?” I asked.

“I try. Had to get you before any one else did. If you didn’t notice, you turned every guy’s head in class, especially mine. So, what do you say? Italian, Indian, Japanese, French? What are you in the mood for?” he asked with a huge grin over his gorgeous face.

“I’m sorry, I have tons of things to do…and a boyfriend. Sorry,” I replied.

“No need to be sorry. Your boyfriend is very lucky,” Spencer answered. He was something else.

“He knows that. I’ve gotta run, but I’ll see you in class Wednesday,” I replied as I walked towards my car. He just flashed me a grin.

“You bet you will,” he replied as he walked off smiling. I reached my car and jumped in.

I thought about my first day as I began my drive home and it was just what I expected. I began to feel a little uncertain, which was not like me at all. Am I going to be able to cut it as an attorney? Did I choose the right career path? These were the thoughts that sauntered back and forth through my mind as I drove. Yeah, my first day had been pretty uneventful. What I didn’t bank on was that Spencer guy flirting with me and asking me out. Guys these days just ain’t old school any more. If you told a guy you had a boyfriend or a husband, he would say, “Sorry to bother you,” and walk off. Not the guys today. The guys today are like, “what your man got to do with me”. I mean, he was smiling like I told him I would go out with him. I’m going have to keep my eye on him, which won’t be hard because he’s cute as hell. I definitely can’t tell Jackson about this, but then again, there is nothing to tell, I thought as I drove home.

I went home and was surprised to see Falene on my couch. I locked my door and Falene smiled.

“Hey, girl. How was your first day of class?” Falene asked eating chips, candy and drinking soda on my sofa, watching TV. I gave her a key for emergencies only, not to come in and eat up all my stuff. I’m not going to even get into it with her. She’ll say that she bought the damn snacks, blah blah blah, and once again remind me of my limited funding, which she is assisting with. I’ll just keep my mouth shut about this. I mean, she does keep me in treats.

“It was good. It’s not going to be easy, but I knew that already. I hope I did the right thing,” I answered as I walked to my room to put away my things.

“You are a Vincent. Trust yourself. You’re going to be fine,” Falene stated as I walked back from my room. I sat next to her and she smiled at me.

“So, what are you doing here, besides eating up my Cheetos and my mini Snickers?” I asked.

“I wanted to take my little sister out to dinner, if you don’t mind. Do you have plans with Jackson?” she asked.

“No, he’s working late. I probably won’t see him until Friday, so if you want to pay for my food, be my guest,” I replied as Falene laughed.

“I knew you were going to say that, you got damn freeloader. Anywhoo, I haven’t seen you in awhile and I wanted to hang out, just me and you,” Falene said.

I raised my arms and stretched and looked sideways at my sister. “That’s sounds alright. We haven’t hung out, just me and you, for a minute. I’m shocked that Bryce let you get away. You two are just disgustingly…ridiculous.”

Falene grinned. “I know, right? He’s just so good, Simmy. I mean he’s smart and fine and sexy and…he gets me and he can handle me, if you know what I mean. He’s just so damn good to me. I never thought I would find someone who was so great.”

“Yeah, Bryce is a good dude,” I said.

“Yeah, he is. He had to finish some deposition, but I’ll see him later. So, you think that you’re going like Laughton?”

I smiled. “I think so. In fact, I know so. It’s so cool to see as many women as I’ve seen and minorities too. And to think, 60 years or so ago, they thought we were too delicate or mentally incapable to think or operate on their level.”

“Some of them still think that way, kid. Don’t let your guard down,” Falene reminded me.

“I won’t, sis. Girl, I met this dude at the bookstore when I was buying my books. He actually carried my books all the way to my car,” I said.

“I guess chivalry ain’t dead. Is he cute?” Falene asked.

“Leenie, is he cute? Lord, he’s cute. Tall, dark brown hair, eyes like yours. And you know he ended up in my ethics class and he flirted with me?” I asked.

“No, really. You really underestimate how beautiful you are, Simmy. Of course he flirted. You need to be careful,” Falene reminded me.

“Oh, I’m on it. I told him I had a boyfriend and made it clear that it wasn’t that type of party,” I responded.

“Good, because I like Jackson and he’s crazy about you and I will get out of your business,” Falene said as I stared at her with my mouth wide open.

“You are going to what? Stay out of my business! I need to write this shit down. This is epic,” I replied as I walked towards my room.

“Ha ha, Simmy. While you are at it, smart ass, get your purse so we can go or you will be paying for your own food,” Falene yelled. I began to run as fast as I could from my room.

“You don’t have to tell me twice. I love you, Leenie,” I replied as I smiled at my sister.

Falene grinned and walked toward the door. “Don’t worry, I’m still treatin’ your broke ass, so no need to butter me up. I love you too, you big head girl. Now where are we gonna go?” Falene asked as we walked out of my door trying to decide where we were going to have dinner. My big sister is something else. I really needed someone after all that uncertain thinking and here she was, eating all my damn snacks, somehow knowing that I needed her. Yeah, my sister is something. What more can I say?