Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Title: Aint Born Typical

A/N: I got inspired by the song U R a Fever by the Kills and could not get the character Zoe out of my head. Plus I must admit it's nice to see Elena get a little taste of her own medicine.

Rating: R for now, and NC17 in later chapters

Pairings: Elena/Stefan Damon/Bonnie

Setting: Just before season 2 would begin sans Katherine's return and attack on good old Uncle John.

Disclaimer: I do not own the Vampire diaries world or characters, and no profit is being made from this story. I do however own all original characters that appear.

Prologue

"Bonnie I need a favor," Stefan whispered hating that he had to come to her for anything.

  She said she didn't hold him responsible for her Grandmothers death, but he had a hard time believing it. Especially considering since he thought it was his fault. His love for Elena was all encompassing, but sometimes he truly thought she would be better off without him. No more worrying about his brother and all their family drama or vampires bent on revenge.

"What kind of favor?" Bonnie asked drawing him from his musings as she set aside the book she'd been reading on the front porch of her Grams. She had  finally worked her way to being able to spend time at the old house.

"I need you to summon someone for me," he said as her eyes widened in surprise. It was the last thing she'd expected him to ask.

"What kind of someone Stefan?" She asked carefully narrowing her eyes.

"A friend of sort, look Damons really bad off and he needs help, help that he won't let me give him."

"And you think this person could help?" She asked skeptically.

Damon never cared about anyone but himself and any friend of his was bound to be more trouble than they were worth.

"Look she's his best friend."

"This would mean she's a vampire." She deadpanned not seeing how adding another blood sucker to the mix would help.

"Yes, but ... she's not bad Bonnie," he said trying to figure out just how to explain Zoe.

"Zoe... she's mischievous, fun to be around; and frankly she's the closest Damon's ever come to having a conscious." He said knowing he'd intrigued her when her eyebrows arched in question.

"Are we talking about the same Damon Salvatore?"

"He wasn't always like he is now Bonnie and Zoe met him not long after the change. Look I'm not saying she's like me, she doesn't live off animals and she doesn't.... she accepts what she is," he whispered almost sadly.

She felt bad for Stefan in a way; he was always at odds with the one thing about himself he couldn't change.

"Bottom line is, Damons on the edge and I think she'd keep him from taking the final step over ." He said biting his tongue when he wanted to remind her it was she who gave them an ultimatum.

"I'll need something that belonged to Zoe," She said sighing as he smiled. Bonnie was too good a person to let anyone suffer unnecessarily, even his older brother.

"Here," He said reaching in his back pocket to hand her a lacy pair of underwear that had her raising her eyebrows.

"They uhhh have a strange sense of humor when sending gifts," He mumbled as her lips puckered and she shook her head thinking better of asking questions best left alone.

"I'll perform it tonight," she said quietly as Stefan nodding smiling his thanks.

"Thank you Bonnie... I know how my brother seems to others, but despite everything he has done there is still a heart somewhere inside that cold chest," He said bowing in an old world manner before he disappeared with the inhuman speed that still awed her.

"I hope I don't regret this."

Going inside to grab Grams grimoire and begin to gather the other items she needed for the spell. She would perform it tonight when the moon was full and bright.

Standing in her grandmothers' parlor she light four blue candles, jasmine incense and added the ribbon to a goblet half filled with water.

"Let the water show the location of Zoe," She whispered over and over as the clear water seemed to ripple as a picture began to form.

"Zoe" was tall with long black hair a willowy body and coco brown skin.

  She was clad in what Bonnie had come to think of as basic vampire wear, tight dark jeans, a black t-shirt and black chucks. Swallowing as she realized the girl was in the middle of having her dinner she prayed for the best telling herself  in for a penny in for a pound and made a mental link to complete the summons.

___

"Damon needs you! Come to Fells Church" a female voice said hitting her like a ton a bricks as her vision blurred darkening until it was as if she was looking down a tunnel.

  The back lash of power ran through her body like a jolt of electricity that left her trembling as she was released from the spells grip. Frowning she blinked licking the frat boy's neck clean as she pulled away.

"Well now that was different ," She whispered wondering what witch had gotten under Damon's skin so much that he'd speak of her.

This could be a trap of some sort, but what was life without a little risk? Besides she knew Damon well enough to know he'd die before giving anything he really wanted to keep under wraps.

"Seems like you've been a busy boy Damon dear," She thought eager to meet the witch strong enough to summon her.

"You had too much to drink at the party and you have no idea who you were with or how you ended up back in your room." She whispered sending Brad on his way before turning into a raven and making her way to Virginia