Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Of the reactions she’d expected, the last thing she expected Bas to do was grin. It was one with an edge, but still a grin. “Of course he did.”

“I never wanted to hurt you. Talking about Nick and how I felt all this time, it must have been torture for you.”  Fresh tears streaked down. “You’ve been so great to me and I’ve done nothing but ignore what you were feeling.”

“Hey, I was there too. I didn’t say anything because I was scared to. I thought having you as a friend was better than telling you and then not having you in my life at all.”

“You don’t mean that.”

“I do. I’m crazy about you Em and I would give anything to know you felt the same way about me, but even if you didn’t, I’ll settle for you just being my friend.”

God love him, he was lying right to her face, even if he didn’t know it. Em brought a hand to his cheek. “You shouldn’t have to settle.”

“So maybe I won’t.”

Em didn’t have time to think what his soft reply meant because in the next second he’d dipped his head to hers and brushed their lips together. Electric shocks ran from her lips to fry every thought of objection to having Bas kiss her. Em’s eyes fluttered close as sunshine lit her from the inside out. That was the only way to describe the love and warmth coming from him into her. Sunshine.

It was Bas who ended the kiss and as soon as he pulled away from her, Em regretted the loss of his warmth. Willing her eyes to open, her eyelids drew up slowly revealing Bas’ trepidatious expression. How could such a wonderful amazing man like him be afraid that someone like her wouldn’t want his kisses. Her hand had drifted down to rest on the front of his shirt and thru the fabric she could feel his heartbeat. He was waiting for her to say something. She could feel it just as surely as she could feel his heart pounding.

“Ask me to stay.”

Bas didn’t even pause to consider the request. “Stay with me please.”

Even though she’d asked for it, hearing those four words were more than enough for her. Wrapping herself around him in a hug, Em sighed as Bas settled a kiss on the top of her head. They had so much to talk about, so much to work out, but for now she didn’t want to do anything else but just be with him. “Sebastian?”
He made a noise of response that she heard reverberate in his chest. “I’m sorry it took so long for me to get here.”

He chuckled and squeezed his arms around her just a little tighter. “You were worth the wait.”






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for all the support and comments and patience. I can't even begin to tell you what it means to me.