Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Laura Caldas



Grandma Marseille Caldas



Prince Nathaniel Arigos

 

Prince Erikson Arigos


 


King Apelles Arigos

 

Queen Carmesina Arigos





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Laura Caldas glimpsed out the window of the physics class and sighed. University was challenging as usual, but she considered it to be a good challenge. She leaned forward in her seat as Professor Feldspar went off on a tangent in his astrophysics class.

 

‘He just loves to hear himself talk’ , she thought. She rolled her eyes and continued to take notes. Classes at Penn State had been annoying sometimes, but she accepted the work.

 

Professor Feldspar stopped talking and glanced at the clock. “Well class, it looks like we’re finish for the day…and remember to take an abstract on my desk. It has all of the assignments due.” Laura grabbed a sheet and ran out of class.  She was deep in thought.

 

‘Geez...I got about several assignments due right now…and I gotta help Grandma with the food today...’ Laura headed down a flight of stairs.

 

“HEY! Could you pay attention for one minute?!”, yelled a voice.

 

Laura raised her head, immediately recognizing the voice. “Alex? I haven’t heard from you...thought you were dead!”

 

“Never gonna happen!”, greeted Alex. The two girls had been friends since high school, they were almost like sisters. They headed down the next flight of stairs.

 

“How’s Feldspar?”, Questioned Alex.

 

“Chatty but informative as usual”, replied Laura.

 

 Alex stepped on a puddle of water and tripped on the first stair.  Laura immediately reached out her hand to grab her. Suddenly an explosion of energy went through her entire arm and Alex’s body levitated, flying backwards toward Laura and slamming into Laura on the landing.

 

“Ouch”, said Alex. “What in the world was that?”

 

Laura was shocked. She helped her friend up. “Err…Alex I think I want to head home. Grandma wants me to help her out. See ya.” Laura ran off and stopped at the front of the building, out of breath.

 

What was that, that energy? It tingled’, thought Laura. Deep in thought, Laura took the bus home.

 

*~~~~*~~~~*

 

“Hey Grandma! I’m home”, yelled Laura. Laura closed the door and ran to her grandmother to hug her. Laura lived with her grandmother Marseille after she lost her mother a young age.

 

“I’ve cooked already. I know you’re tired. They work you children too hard these days, you need to rest. Sit and eat.”

 

“Thanks grandma”, said Laura. She sat down and began to serve herself.

 

Grandma looked at Laura. ‘Something about her feels different. I feel a lot of energy. Its different from yesterday, much stronger and clearer.’

 

“Grandma, I want to ask you about something.” Laura’s face became serious.

 

“Yes, tell me”

 

Laura looked around with an embarrassed look. “Uh…I think there’s something wrong with me.” She explained in detail what happened. “I am glad I saved her, but that was strange, very weird.”

 

Grandma Marseille smiled at her. “All is well dear. Don’t worry about it. ” she smiled at her granddaughter.

 

Laura smiled back. “Grandma, I feel relieved.” She continued eating. Laura finished her meal, washed her dishes, and headed upstairs to rest.

 

Grandma Marseille addressed a letter to Laura: ‘I’m stepping out for a bit’ and left it on the refrigerator. She headed out the back door and toward Primrose woods behind the suburban area. Marseille walked until she reached a clear lake. She bent down on the lake and observed her reflection.

 

Raising one hand over the water, she called out. “Príncep, Nathaniel Príncep. Nate, estàs aquí?” [Prince, Prince Nathaniel. Nate, are you there?]

 

“Sí Sacerdotessa Antiga Marseille.” [Yes, High Preistess Marseille]

 

“Ella ha despertat.” [She has awakened]