Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Turn down the lights
Turn down the bed
Turn down these voices
Inside my head
Lay down with me
Tell me no lies
Just hold me close
Don't patronize
Don't patronize

"I cant feel something I no longer feel,"

She swallowed hard and stared at him with mascara filled tears. His own honey brown were wet as the suitcase stood between them, a constant reminder of the failure they both amassed. Her heart felt as if it would burst as she continued to stare into her former lovers eyes, wondering when it all went wrong. When her love slowly slipped down the drain like water pouring from a faucet. She still cared for him, she wouldn't be crying if she didn't. However little tiny bit of love she felt was not enough for her to stay.

I'll close my eyes
Then I won't see
The love you don't feel
When you're holding me
Mornin' will come
And I'll do what's right
Just give me till then
To give up this fight
And I will give up this fight
"What do i have to do?"

He sniffed, and wiped a stray tear with his shirt sleeve. He glanced at the left to the coffee table with the glittering diamond perched neatly in the center, and swallowed hard glancing back at her for a response. She had none. She had tried for the past month to muster up feelings that just werent there anymore. He wasnt the problem. He was perfect. He never changed, he gave her attention, and as far as she knew he was faithful. So how did it happen? How did the love fade? What was her problem?

"I...i just cant do this anymore."

Bullshit, cliched bullshit was all she had for him. She had broken him. his six foot four frame buckled under his grief and the tears freely slid down his face making her own harder to control.

"Then... just- just leave. Please... go."

He walked away and shut the bedroom door behind him. She could hear his heavy frame slide down the wood. She tried yet again to feel the twinge. The small glimmer that would make her rush to the door and hold him into her arms, telling him that she had changed her mind. She felt nothing. absoloutly nothing. She stole one last glance at the antique engagement ring on the table, grabbed the hard leather handle of her suitcase, and bid one last goodbye to the love she had once held so close.

Cause I can't make you love me
If you don't
You can't make your heart feel
Somethin it won't
Here in the dark
In these final hours
I will lay down my heart
And feel the power if you want
No you won't