Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Fear: 1- an unpleasant feeling of anxiety or apprehension caused by the presence or anticipation of danger. 2-an idea, thought, or other entity that causes feelings of fear

Bea ambled down the canned goods aisle; her three-legged cart slowing her down more then she would have liked. Lucas was standing extremely close to her, so close she could feel his body heat. There was something oddly intimate about going grocery shopping with him. Despite her growing insecurity as she felt almost half the stores occupants stop and stare at her and Lucas when they walked by. Lucas noticed her shift in moods, placed a hand on her lower back, and gave her a look as if to say sorry.

She reached out to grab a can of tomato paste only to huff in annoyance as she took a stab at reaching for it.  She was thankful when Lucas plucked if off the shelf and dropped it into her waiting cart. Bea tugged at her blouse feeling slightly out of place next to Lucas. He looked like a pinup with his hair falling around his face in waves of black and those eyes of his looked straight through her. His legs were clad in black jeans that made his ass look 'God damn'. Bea was too bashful to do it but that didn't stop her from fantasizing about it. Those thick arms were covered by an Armani jacket that she wanted to peel off of him.

However, she was not completely enthralled by him. She watched as a curvaceous blonde-haired woman loitered about Lucas as they moved to the produce section. Bea moved over to the fruit bin shifting through the colorful plethora. Satisfied with her pick of fruits--apples, bananas , grapes, oranges, and raspberries. She dumped her selection in the cart, while Lucas surveyed the vegetables. She found herself walking away whenever a woman had the gall to approach Lucas when she was standing right next to him.

They were at the check out when a long-legged blond, who looked like a model, strode up to Lucas as if the aisle was a runway. "Lucas is that you? What are you doing here?"

Bea mentally rolled her eyes. 'Who the hell would ask someone what they're doing in a supermarket!'

Lucas paused--barely acknowledging the woman as he gave her a cursory look over then turned his eyes back to Bea. His hand found its way into her left back pocket. "Good to see you Marina, how's the modeling thing going?"

"Great actually.  I just signed a contract with Calvin."

"That's great."

'Well isn't he the chatterbox.'

Marina looked around Lucas which wasn't that hard seeing how she was almost the same height as Lucas in her Prada heels to where Bea was scanning the groceries. She was checking out the competition and when she saw Bea, she knew it would be a snap to take him from her or so she thought.

"So Lucas I was wondering when you'd get around to calling me. You know it wasn't nice to leave me waiting the way you did." She ran a manicured finger down his arm and jutted her breasts out.  She fluttered her full lashes and Bea wanted nothing more than to pull them off one by one.

"This is Bea, my girlfriend." He emphasized the word 'girlfriend' by subtly squeezing her derrière.  She playfully swatted him and offered a tentative greeting to the shell shocked blond. Lucas turned and ran his card down through the machine punching in his pin. She tried to get a quick glance but Lucas moved his digit too fast. She reached her hand out offering Marina a friendly greeting. Marina looked at Bea's hand like one would a five dollar hooker. Feeling embarrassed Bea dropped her hand to her side and moved over to Lucas who had just finished loading everything into the cart.

Marina slipped a piece of paper in Lucas' jacket pocket and blew him a kiss before slithering away. 'Damn bitch'.  Lucas reached a hand into his pocket. He grasped the card between two fingers before he flicked it into the chilly autumn air. They packed up his Expedition and climbed in. Bea sat silently fuming at the audacity of the women in the store.

He had the distinct impression that Bea was upset with him. She hadn't said anything but the way her mouth was set into that sexy little pout made him want to have her naked and moaning his name. He reached over and grasped her hand. They drove to the penthouse in silence but when they walked through the door, he had her up against the wall and semi-naked. If it wasn't for his damn cell phone ringing in his back pocket he would have fucked her blind.

 Introducing Bea as his girlfriend to Marina without consulting her first (knowing Marina would gossip to all Lucas knew) was pushing her but he couldn't help himself. He was going to show her that their relationship was more then sex, one way or another.  Whatever Lucas wants Lucas gets.

Fucking men, well maybe not men just Nikko. Gorge sat on a Lazy boy nursing his third bottle of Heineken. He ran a hand through his hair and stared off into the distance. Did he have a sign on his ass saying 'walk over as much as you want?' He pushed his self back into the soft material of the couch. Nikko had been acting strange the last week or so--he came home at odd hours of the night. When he came into a room, Nikko was on his way out.

~~~

Then this ponata had the nerve to miss their date night. Gorge wasn't going to let that slide. They hardly talked to one another. Gorge was used to Nikko not being affectionate and open, but this took the cake. The creaking of the door took Gorge out of his mental tirade when Nikko walked in.

"Where were you?"

"I was at the playhouse."

"It's Saturday."

"Gorge I really don't have the time..."

"Saturday has always been our date night."

"I'm sorry; we'll do something tomorrow night... We'll rent a movie and stay in bed all day."

"What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing, I'm just preoccupied with work."

"Don't you dare bullshit me. I know you; we've shared a bed for the last three years!"

"You don't like the way I am why don't you just leave!" Nikko watched as Gorge's face softened; those gorgeous browns he'd fallen in love with were dark and weary. All it took was one word and Nikko felt like his life was stolen right out of him.

"Fine," then he left.






Chapter End Notes:

Smile, Beautiful the world is watching!