Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Tara was still a little shaken by the time she reached the Edgington Estate. On her way there, she had almost run over what looked to be a dog and a fox, fucking in the middle of the road! What was this world coming to?

    She was let in immediately, and Tara had the bad feeling she had been expected. Ruby Jean was waiting for her in the front foyer.

    “Tara,” she said with a bright smile that showed too much teeth, “how nice of you to come out here at night. Now you can get to know Russell better.”

    “Fuck, Russell, auntie, okay? And you know why I’m here. I just had a little talk with Bill Compton.”

    Ruby Jean’s fake smile disappeared.

    “Then I think you’d better come into the study. We have a lot to talk about.”

    Ruby Jean turned and walked through a set of doors, but Tara stayed rooted in place. This meant what? That Bill had been telling the truth? The whole truth? Even about Sam?

    Tara slowly followed after Ruby Jean and entered a study where Russell Edgington stood up from his chair, to stand next to his ‘wife’.

    “Tara, my dear, it is a true pleasure to meet you. I didn’t get a chance to say anything to you the other night at your mother’s funeral. Especially after you murdered Reverend Daniels in cold blood.”

    Tara’s eyes grew huge and Ruby Jean tried to excuse her husband’s bluntness.

    “Tara, what Russell means is...”

    “I mean that you’ve got skills, girl. And they need to be honed otherwise our kind will not survive.”

    “I am not like you!” Tara replied defensively.

    “Pure humans can’t move things, or drop lights on men of the cloth, dear. Your aunt has foreseen our extermination. And now is the time to take proactive measures to prevent it.” Russell said coolly. “Now if you will excuse me, I will let Mr. Northman know that you are here and ready for your first lesson. He is still with LaFayette.”

    “LaFayette?! What are you talking about?” Tara asked, her mood now bordering on petrified.

    “And,” Russell continued, ignoring her question, “I will call Mr. Herveaux and inform him that his beloved is willing and ready to give herself to him tomorrow night.”

    “Hey!” Tara snapped. “You get back here...”

    Ruby Jean pulled Tara back and closed the door after Russell. She then gripped Tara’s arm hard and soon, her niece’s head was filled with the same visions that everyone else had seen: mayhem, death and destruction were the main themes. Tara abruptly pulled away from her aunt, ending the show.

    “Wh...Jason Stackhouse is watching Sookie and I burn??? Why the fuck would he watch? Why isn’t he helping?” Tara stammered.

    “Honey, I don’t have anymore answers that you do.”

    “Well you should get some! Really, because that vision was half assed! I mean maybe Jason helps us later? And maybe Bill and Eric had it coming? And maybe Alcide ate someone and the town panics?”

    “And what did we do to anyone, Tara?” Ruby Jean asked quietly.

    “According to your vamp husband, I killed Reverend Daniels. Look, all I’m saying is that before everyone panics and trains for the end of the world here, we should find out more. I don’t think I need to ‘work’ with Eric Northman and I for damned sure don’t have to put out to Alcide Herveaux. I also think we need to find out if this is your meds making all this shit fly into your head...”

    The sound of sobbing interrupted them. Tara hurried out of the study and saw LaFayette crying and running up a long staircase. Eric, dressed in muscle shirt and sweatpants, grinned after him, then slowly turned to face Tara.

    “Ms. Thornton. Your uncle told me that you were here to begin your lessons. Let’s step down to the lower floor here.”

    Tara looked him up and down, then began walking around him to go up the stairs after LaFayette. Eric grabbed her from behind, one arm locking around her waist as he dragged her down the stairs and towards the lower floors!

    “OH MY GOD!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!! GET OFF OF ME!!! GET OFF OF ME!!! AUNTIE!!! AUNTIE!!!”

    “You are a very powerful witch, Tara,” Eric said coolly, ignoring her hysterics, “if you want me to get off of you. Make me.”

    “OH I’LL MAKE YOU, ALRIGHT!!! YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL WE GET DOWN TO THIS DAMNED BASEMENT OR WHEREVER YOU’RE TAKING ME!!! YOU JUST WAIT!” Tara screamed.

    Eric smiled at her words. He deposited her in an elevator, got in and quickly closed the doors. As soon as he did, Tara punched him in the face and attempted to gouge out his  eyes. The punch didn’t do a damned thing to him(why was she not surprised) and trying to tear his eyes out met with resistance that was so easy for him, that is embarrassed Tara.

    “I’m perfectly happy to help you practice fending off the werewolf tomorrow night.” Eric smiled, his eyes raking over her, as if he was seeing her for the first time.

    Tara said nothing to that and looked away. She would just stay cool until she could figure a way out of this. Eric was still staring at her.

    “What are you looking at?”

    “You didn’t answer me about Herveaux.”

    “That’s because there is nothing to answer. He’s just shit out of luck.”

    Eric grinned again!

    “And you plan to just tell him this?”

    “Uh...YEAH!”

    The elevator reached its destination, and the door opened. Eric motioned for Tara to exit first and she reluctantly did so. What she saw made her gasp!

    Injured vamps in all sort of conditions, were writhing around on the floor! Eric walked over to table and took a sip of True Blood from a bottle. Tara eased over to a few of the vamps and peered down at them. Two were convulsing and one had lost their nose!

    While Tara gaped, Eric reached for a bottle of Gatorade, bit into his wrist and let some of his blood dribble into it! He then closed the bottle, shook it and set it down.

    “There is gatorade over here for you, in case you get thirsty from training.” he said matter-of-factly. Tara whipped back around to face him!

    “Gatorade? I’m going to need something stronger to put up with this shit!”

    Two vamps entered the room and began dragging the injured ones out of sight. Eric replaced the cover of his blood bottle.

    “This is the remains of LaFayette’s lesson. You won’t be doing any thing like this--exactly.”

    “What was LaFayette doing? Hell, no wonder he was crying!”

    “Your cousin is overly sensitive. This apocalypse that is coming is a war. He will have to harden himself if he’s going to survive.” Eric said and picked up a set of knives. Tara frowned.

    “What are you doing with those?”

    “I plan to fling them at you.”

    “What?!”

    “I plan to fling them at you. You will stop them.”

    “Oh hell naw! Naw! I can’t do that and don’t you dare throw those at me!” Tara protested, looking for a way out. She hurried to the still open elevator door and got in. Eric flung three knives in succession at her! Tara screamed and reached out to push the close button on the doors, when suddenly, the knives froze in mid-air!

    Tara put a hand over her heart as Eric smiled widely!

    “Very good! Very, very, very good. Your powers are tied to your emotions, which is something I have yet to repress in your cousin. But a very valuable skill has...”

    “Fuck off!” Tara snapped, moving past the frozen knives and out of the elevator again. Eric looked at his watch and after about 30 seconds, the knives buried themselves into the wall of the elevator. Shaking, Tara reached for the bottle of gatorade, took the top off and took a long, deep swig! If only it was liquor!

    Eric cast a sly glance at her, before speaking.

    “I can hear Herveaux from here. I think you should go to him. Come back tomorrow night for your next lesson.”

    “I’m not coming back here again.”

    “Come back, Tara, or I will come and find you.”

    “And if I freeze you like I did those knives?” Tara countered.

    “Then Russell will send...’things’ for you. And you are not so schooled, that you can freeze a whole army. Tomorrow night.” Eric reminded her.


                                                        ****

    Tara was so damned glad to leave the company of Eric Northman, that she practically ran into the study! Looking around, she saw no one there and was about to turn and leave, when Alcide appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. He closed the double doors, essentially giving them some alone time.

    “Tara. Russell called and told me you’re on board.”

    “No. I did not tell him that.”

    “You saw Ruby Jean’s vision?”

    Tara sighed.

    “Yes and I’m 99% convinced that it’s real. Remember my aunt was crazy. I mean this could be some flukey thing or something.”

    Alcide walked past her to the bar to help himself to a drink.

    “You were training with Northman down there, weren’t you? You know what you can do. You believe what you saw in that vision. You just don’t like the part about me.”

    The way he said that kind of made Tara feel bad.

    “Alcide, maybe if I’d met you before Sam, or the circumstances were normal or anything else, I could get with this. But Sam and I are just beginning something. Something that could be good.”

    Alcide sipped his drink, then put down the glass.

    “So you live with him?”

    “Who? Sam? No. You know I live with Sookie.”

    “Well if this is so all fired serious, why don’t you live with him, Tara?”

    “Because we’re going slow. And you’ve seen his trailer, haven’t you? I mean he’s not the neatest person...”

    “I don’t live in a trailer, Tara. And neither will you when we’re properly married.”

    Tara ran her hands down her face.

    “Alcide, you’re a reasonable man. You can find another witch...”

    “And I know it’s been explained to you, that we don’t have that kind of time. Now I’ll tell you what? I’ll make you a counter offer.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “What kind of ‘counter offer’?”

    “You spend the night with me--tonight--here in the mansion. Then I won’t bother you about tomorrow night and we can get together on the next full moon. You can have time to tell Sam all about this thing here.”

    Tara stared at him for a long while, before answering.

    “I was never good at math, but that doesn’t sound like any kind of deal to me. You just get sex one day early.”

    “Tara...”

    “I can’t cheat on Sam! I can’t! And that’s what you’re asking!”

    Alcide walked over to her.

    “Another deal then: you spend tonight with me. And in the morning, if you don’t think there could be something between us, then I will find another witch. Deal?”

    Tara looked away. That sounded much better! She bit her lip.

    “Sam never finds out?”

    Alcide rested his hands on her shoulders.

    “Sam never finds out. I promise.” Alcide said, smiling down at her. Not that his promise mattered worth a tinker’s damn. Tara would like what they did together and he STILL  intended on being with her tomorrow night.

    Tara nodded hesitantly.

    “Alright. I suppose.” she said, praying that she could just break Alcide off just enough to get him to go away, and not mess up things with Sam.

                                                          ****

    Tara tried to hold her anger in check, as she noted some of the lingerie lying out on a bed for her. This whole damned night was planned! Oh God...

    Tara took a very LONG relaxing bath and primped and preened before a mirror in the bathroom. When she finally opened the door, she told herself to imagine she was with Sam tonight. Lord...what was she going to tell him about where she was all night?  She never even got back to him about Sookie being sick.

    Sookie was with Bill. Bill, who had told her that Sam was a shifter. Now she was getting ready to sleep with a werewolf. Lord...

    Tara opened the door and found Alcide lying on the bed, butt naked! She slowly walked out of the bathroom and around to her side of the bed, appraising him. He was not bad to look at. Not that she thought he would be.  She cleared her throat, deciding there was no need in being shy about anything. She dropped the silk robe that had been ‘left’ for her, and slid onto the bed. Alcide was going to have to all the work here!

    Alcide was propped up on one elbow, lying on his side staring at her. Tara cleared her throat again.

    “So...I’ll just lie down here and you can go at it, okay?” Tara suggested and began to lie flat on her back. But Alcide slowly reached out and pulled her legs down so that they were straight on the bed. He then reached around and cupped her buttocks, pulling her to him. Tara’s heart began to accelerate a little.

    “What are you doing?” she whispered.

    Alcide kept his tight hold on her buttocks, as he buried his face within her neck. Tara began to squirm a bit!

    “Okay, see, there is no need for any of this! Just get it over with!” she squeaked.

    But Alcide ignored her protests and soon his lips made their way to hers, as he expertly entered her from his less than ideal angle. This time, Tara did not scream as he kissed her, but more like gasped. At one point his lips left hers to move back to her neck, as he slowly moved within her.

    The whole thing made Tara panic! She already had her hands pressed against his chest to ward him off, but as his cock began to slowly make it’s way deeper and deeper into her,  her hands slowly left his chest and began to wrap around his upper back.

    “This is nice,” he said softly against her, “ain’t it, Tara? It’s nice, ain’t it?”

    Tara nodded against him. It was nice and it shouldn’t be. But Alcide continued taking his time with her until she eventually let go and gave in to his sensual brand of lovemaking. It would be a long night and Tara found that the man that wanted to be her husband, was insatiable. At one point they bathed in a sunken tub and Alcide used the moment to lift and impale her onto him again, where in which his hips thrust upwards, bouncing her up and down on his cock at a pace so vigorous, that Tara was left shaking with passion.

    And if all of that hadn’t been hard enough for her to comprehend, the dirty dream she had about Eric Northman, as she lay in the cocoon of Alcide’s arms, left her on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

TARA’S DREAM ABOUT ERIC

    Tara stared at Sam and Sookie. They were greeting her at some party dressed in clothes from another time. But what time? Why did their clothes look so familiar?

    “Tara, what a pretty dress. Oh how I wish I could be more like you!” Sookie gushed. “You must come visit Sam and I when we move to Atlanta.”

    Tara tilted her head then looked down in her hands. She was holding a bonnet. A bonnet? What the hell?

    She caught sight of herself in a mirror and gasped! Holy shit! Holy fucking shit! She was dressed like a Black Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind! Holy...

    Tara suddenly turned back to Sam and Sookie.

    “You two are moving to Atlanta?”

    “After the wedding. Then Sam has to go and fight. Tara, I’ve always wanted a sister. Tell me you’ll be mine.” Sookie asked sweetly. Tara looked from Sookie to Sam, who looked guilty.

    “Uh...”

    “Hi, Miss Tara.” Alcide appeared, kissing her hand. Tara slowly let him kiss...no, he was licking it! She pulled her hand away.

    “I need some air...or to go to the...”

    Sookie linked Tara’s arm with her own.

    “Of course, my dear. Let’s go up the stairs. You do look flushed.”

    Tara nodded. What the hell was going on? This WAS a dream, wasn’t it? What kind of messed up, slave shit was this?

    No, she wasn’t a slave, though she should be. What...

    Suddenly, as she and Sookie made their way up the stairs, Tara stopped cold. Oh hell no...

    She looked at Sookie.

    “Is someone at the bottom of the stairs staring up at me?”

    Sookie looked down and rolled her eyes!

    “Oh, my dear, that is Eric Northman! He’s a Viking and he is not received.”

    “Why am I not surprised?” Tara asked sarcastically, looking down at Eric, who was staring up at her from the bottom of the stairs and smiling.

    “Tara, my lord! He is looking at you like he knows what you look like without your shimmy!” Sookie gasped.

    Suddenly, Tara looked down at herself. Her dress was unraveling! Tara looked down at Eric and saw that he had the end of her long dress in his hands and was slowly unraveling it, smiling the whole time!

    Tara turned and began running up the stairs, but she didn’t seem to go anywhere. Worse yet, her dress completely disappeared from her body!

    “Oh honey, don’t make it worse,” Sookie cooed, “just stand still and maybe he’ll go away.”

    Tara wasn’t listening to Sookie, as she tried to cover herself. She gaped as she realized that Eric was now naked, having handed his clothing to a clueless looking Sam, at the bottom of the stairs. Sam was folding Eric’s clothing neatly, like he was a valet or something.

    Eric then slowly made his way up to her.

    “Wouldn’t you be more interested in Sookie here?” Tara asked meekly, putting her bonnet up between them. Eric took it from her and tossed it back down the stairs.

    “Sookie isn’t naked. You are.” Eric said, before his mouth swooped down on Tara’s. Tara thought about screaming, but her body did the opposite, as she returned his hungry kisses, while standing naked in his arms, on that staircase from ‘Gone With The Wind’.

END OF TARA’S DREAM

    Tara sat up with a start! She tried to catch her breath as she looked over at a sleeping Alcide, who was lying on his back with one arm behind his head. Her eyes took him in briefly, before she began looking around for her clothes. It was over. She would go home and tell Sookie and Sam, that Alcide agreed to leave her alone, that she was a witch and...

    Well, she would think of a more coherent way to explain everything. But she had to get Sookie’s car back to her. And she had to have Sam make love to her the moment she saw him again. Being with him would make Tara forget how she had felt in another man’s arms in reality AND in a dream.

    By the time Alcide awoke, Tara was long gone. That was fine. He now knew that he would not have to wait a whole month to begin conceiving their child. He planned to make love to her again tonight. Because after last night, he knew that this time, she would want him to.