Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    Special Agent Dennis McKay, got the ‘go’ order to begin ‘Operation Apocalypse’, based on what Sam Merlotte had told him. Now that the witch could make herself invisible AND seemed receptive to breeding new supernatural beings with a wolf, this mission had to be moved up.

    The first place that would be wiped out, hopefully, would be the wolf community of FoxPoint Bay in Shreveport...

    Meanwhile, Tara drove Eric’s car to Merlotte’s, parked, went inside and breezed past everyone. She noted that Bill was sitting in a booth, probably waiting to catch Sookie on a break. Tara went to the changing room, found a stray uniform to put on, but did not have shoes...underwear or a bra. But it was better than the nothing she did have on.

    Sookie came into the room unexpectantly and saw a ‘floating uniform’ and screamed! Tara revealed just her face.

    “Hey, Sook!”

    “Tara!” Sookie breathed. “Wh...what’s....do you need to go to the emergency room?”

    “Naw, girl, I’m good. This is just some of my witch powers kicking in.”

    “Tara, can you bring your whole body back? Please? I’m freaking out here! And if Arlene or someone walks in...”

    “Okay, okay!” Tara said and brought her whole body back. “Do you have any shoes I can borrow?”

    “I have some tennis shoes in my locker over there.  Tara, what the hell?! I thought you were with Sam tonight?”

    Tara sat down on a bench to put on the shoes.

    “I’m never going to be with Sam again. I found out he’s been working for the feds this whole time!”

    Sookie frowned.

    “Working for the feds? What do you mean?”

    “Just what I said! Sam tried to stick me with a needle tonight. I turned invisible as a reaction or something. That was when he told me that the feds offered him a deal, years ago. They would give him a new life or something, in exchange for his watching us. I don’t date feds. I don’t fuck them either so I’m really pissed off right now! I was having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that he was a shifter...by the way--did you know that shit?”

    Sookie slowly sat down next to her on the bench.

    “I did, yes. But Sam really has a good heart. I can’t imagine that he’s a spy or anything.”

    “Well he is! And he used me. And he would’ve used you if you had gotten with him.” Tara said standing up. “I have to get going. I stole Eric Northman’s car and he’s probably looking for me now.”

    Sookie slowly stood up.

    “Whoa! Did I just hear you right? You stole Eric’s car?”

    “Yeah. It was an impulse thing. Plus he gets on my nerves.” Tara replied.

    “Tara, you shouldn’t have...” Sookie was about to go on, when suddenly, Eric appeared, followed by Bill, who had seen the blur that was Eric!

    Bill immediately went to Sookie’s side, resting his hands on her shoulders.

    “What brings you by tonight?” Bill asked, trying to keep his tone casual. Eric didn’t even spare him a glance.

    “Nothing that concerns you. Please take Sookie out of here. Tara and I need private time alone.”

    Tara rolled her eyes!

    “Just go, Sookie. He won’t dare try anything.” she smirked. Neither Sookie, nor Bill, were as sure as Tara was, but they did as Eric asked and left, closing the door behind them.

    “You’re feeling quite sure of yourself tonight, aren’t you? Using your invisibility to evade me and stealing my car are proof of that. Good. Now I want you to put all of that confidence into the training session we will be having tonight.”

    Tara folded her arms.

    “Why did you send me that DVD?”

    “You didn’t like it?”

    “I don’t like that particular movie, no. And I want to know why the fuck you slipped me your blood? As a matter of fact, I want to know how you know what I dream about EXACTLY?”

    “Maybe I’ll give you answers after one of our training sessions. Now come along.”

    Tara snorted and looked away. Eric smiled tolerantly, took off his jacket and bit into his wrist, something Tara saw him do out of the corner of her eye.

    “You didn’t swallow enough of the blood I put into your gatorade the last time. But if you think I’m going to be chasing after you every night, without knowing your exact location, you have another thing coming. Oh...and another thing...because you didn’t take in enough, we didn’t get to make love on those stairs. I plan to remedy that as well.”

    Tara emitted a squeak, looked around and with her mind, forced two of the lockers to fall onto top of Eric! She then ran around the fray to the door, but with lightening speed, Eric flung the lockers off of himself, blocked her from leaving and forced his wrist against her lips!

    Tara screamed, while swallowing blood! Eric, who was holding the back of her head firmly, began to speak softly to her.

    “Easy now, kitten. You don’t want to choke. I need to know where you are at all times. For your own good.”

    Tara wrenched away from him, hurried around him and whipped open the door to the changing room! Terry Bellefleur watched as Tara ran to a sink, stuck her head under the faucet and began gulping water! She then spit it out!

    Eric sighed with annoyance and Tara then began licking the walls, supposedly to wipe the taste of blood out of her mouth!

    “Uh, Tara,” Terry asked, “is there something I can do for you?”

    “GET ME SOME WHISKEY, TERRY! QUICK! I HAVE TO STERILIZE MY MOUTH!” Tara cried out. Eric walked out of the changing room, putting on his jacket. He then approached Tara.

    “When you have finished with your histrionics, you will meet me in my car. In the passenger seat. Are we clear?”

    Tara said nothing as he walked past her and out of the kitchen. But once he was gone, she began to sob. Sookie hurried into the kitchen.

    “Tara! Tara, what happened? Did he hurt you?”

    “No!” Tara moaned. “I just....I can’t...I don’t know what’s happening anymore! Sam is a fed and...”

    Terry overheard that and mouthed the phrase ‘oh shit’! He dropped the container of dishes he had had in his arms and slipped out of a side door. Sookie stroked Tara’s hair.

    “Come on now! Sam was probably just foolin’ with you.”

    Tara calmed down enough to stare at Sookie.

    “I don’t think so...I don’t think so...he was serious...he kept saying he could help me. I’d better go.” she said, standing up. Sookie grabbed her arm.

    “Honey, I will go outside and kick Eric’s ass from here to kingdom! You are not leaving with him!”

    Tara wiped her face.

    “I think Sam is involved with whatever is going to happen to us, Sook. I need to be prepared for it. And so do you.” she finished, hugging Sookie hard before leaving the kitchen. She ignored Arlene’s pointed stare and walked out of Merlotte’s.

    Bill was just finishing an unpleasant conversation with Eric, when he saw Tara walking towards them.

    “Do you plan on killing Merlotte?” Bill asked in a low voice. Eric grinned!

    “And risk Sookie’s wrath? No. Besides, the feds will do that for us. Merlotte is a fool if he thinks they plan to let HIM live and not the rest of us. I say let him learn the hard way for going against his kind. Tara, we should get going.” he said, opening his passenger side for her. Tara got in, making a point not to look at Bill, as Eric closed the door after her.

    “I think its a mistake to assume that, Eric.” Bill said, as Eric walked around to the driver’s side.

    “And I think it’s a mistake to assume that I won’t let it slip to Sookie, that you knew about Sam Merlotte the whole time. Have a good night.” Eric said, getting in on the driver’s side and speeding off.

                                                           ****

    The drive to Russell’s estate was silent. And when Eric parked in the drive, Tara jumped out before he had fully stopped the car.

    “Auntie! Auntie!” Tara sobbed, running and looking for Ruby Jean. “That vampire fucker tried to kill me tonight! Auntie! Auntie where are you?!”

    Russell stepped out of a room and looked at Tara with feigned concern.

    “Tara? What on earth has gotten into you, girl?  Your aunt is feeling poorly now. She had some unpleasant visions that were upsetting.”

    Alcide came out of the room and Tara instinctively flew into his arms! Eric walked in, smirked at the sight, then slammed the front door behind him.

    “Northman, what the hell have you done?” Alcide asked, holding Tara tightly. Tara sniffed against his broad chest, then spoke.

    “He forced blood down my throat! I can still taste the nasty shit! I need something to get rid of it! Whiskey, turpentine or something!”

    Russell grinned at Eric.

    “I like your thinking, Mr. Northman,” he said before turning back to Alcide and Tara, “and I’m sorry, Mr. Herveaux, if the idea of Tara getting a belly full of Mr. Northman’s blood here, is distressing. But we do need to keep an eye on our witch here.”

    Alcide set Tara away from him a bit.

    “Tara, honey, I know you know about Sam. Your aunt saw it in a vision. She also saw something else.”

    Tara sniffed, while staring up at Alcide questioningly.

    Then a horrible scream could be heard! Tara yanked herself out of Alcide’s arms!

    “Is that Jesus?” Tara whispered.

    “Yes, honey,” Russell cooed, “your Mr. Merlotte wasn’t the only ‘spy’.  LaFayette is torturing him now to find out what we need to know. And it isn’t easy for him. He loved Jesus so.”

    Tara tried to hurry towards the sound, but Alcide blocked her way.

    “Tara, you shouldn’t see this.”

    “Yes, Tara,” Eric said in a bored tone, “we need to get to the lower floors. I want to work more on that wonderful new power of yours.”

    “What new power?” Alcide asked, looking from Eric to Tara. Tara smiled meekly.

    “I can turn invisible. It happened by accident.”

    “Merlotte was probably trying to take her in.” Eric theorized. Tara stared at him in disbelief for a moment, before the sounds of Jesus’s screams caught her attention again. Tara moved around Alcide and went into the room that they were coming from.

    Jesus was writhing around on the floor, with a hardened looking Lafayette standing over him. Blood was running out of his mouth. Tara grabbed LaFayette’s arm!

    “He ain’t a vampire, LaFayette! You’ll kill him!”

    “Not before he tells me why the fuck he lied to me?!” LaFayette snapped. He then moved his hand slightly, and Jesus screamed holding his head! Blood ran out of his nose. Russell, Alcide and Eric walked in and stood over the ‘traitor’.

    “Now Jesus,” Russell said in a gentle voice, “cut the bullshit and LaFayette will stop hurting you. We need to know what’s being planned. You tell us and we’ll leave you be.”

    Jesus coughed and writhed, before taking deep breaths. He was lying on the floor on his side, staring up at LaFayette. Tara slowly released her cousin’s arm.

    “The wolves in FoxPoint are going to be killed first...” Jesus managed to cough out. “But...but...the shifter was supposed to kill Tara, not bring her in.”

    Tara gasped and took a step backwards. LaFayette’s mouth dropped open!

    “You mean to tell me, that Sam was going to murder Tara?! Why? Why, Jesus, you tell me why!” LaFayette barked.

    Jesus croaked some words out that no one could understand. Alcide grabbed Tara by the arm and pulled her away a bit.

    “I have to get to Foxpoint and help.”

    “Let me come with you! I can help somehow, I know I can!”

    Russell looked over at them.

    “Take LaFayette.  You’re not ready yet.” he said.

    Alcide touched Tara’s face briefly, before nodding to LaFayette, who actually spit on Jesus, before leaving with Alcide. Tara looked around. Where was Aunt Ruby Jean?

    She wandered from the room in search of her, while Russell and Eric coerced the last bit of info out of Jesus. Eric kneeled before him.

    “Why was Tara to be killed? The shifter told me there was a deal in the works to save her.” he said.

    Jesus struggled for breath.

    “She’s...she’s...she’s a fertile witch...she can create life from the dead...she can make children from the dea....”

    Jesus then died. Eric slowly rose and locked eyes with a thrilled Russell.

    “Do you know what this means, your majesty?” Eric asked carefully.

    “I do indeed. It means that Mr. Herveaux is of no use to me anymore. Ms. Thornton can conceive children with vampires. We can create our own breed of supernatural creatures.” Russell sighed. Eric nodded to himself. Alcide Herveaux was not the only one eligible for ‘breedin rights’.

                                                          ****

    Tara found her aunt waking up from being hung over. She didn’t like seeing that. It reminded her too much of her own mother, the late Lettie Mae Thornton. She was lying on a couch in another room. Tara sat down beside her.

    “So seeing Sam betray me made you get this drunk? Auntie, you have to be on your toes if you’re going to stay in this house! Hell, in this relationship with that bloodsucker!”

    Ruby Jean turned red rimmed eyes on her niece.

    “I thought he would be better for you than that wolf. Now it doesn’t matter. Russell and Eric know what I know now.”

    That  made no sense to Tara.

    “What are you talking about?” she asked.

    Ruby Jean took a breath, then spoke.

    “Go to the wolf, Tara. Do what he wants. And stay away from the vampires.”

    Tara slowly stood up.

    “What did you see?”

    “Nothin’!”

    “See, Auntie, that’s the damned problem here! You CLAIM that your visions aren’t specific, but apparently they are. Now you’ve seen some more shit and then you’re giving me hints??? What did you see?”

    Ruby Jean stood up.

    “Go to the wolf now. Go.”

    Tara realized she wasn’t going to get anymore out of Ruby Jean, so she turned and left the room. Eric and Russell were out in the hallway.

    “I’m going to go and see if I can help LaFayette and Alcide.” Tara said coldly, half expecting Eric to begin yapping about working with her or something.

    But they both smiled at her, showing more fang than she would’ve liked.

    “Of course, dear,” Russell said, “after all, Alcide is your future.”

    “Yes, take my car.” Eric offered, grinning at her.

    At first, Tara was unsure as to whether they would let her leave. But Eric dangled his keys in front of her and she took them, walking past the two of them and out of the door. What was up with that?

                                                        ****

    Sam Merlotte and Terry Bellefleur were not the only ‘spies’.

    After a tactical team totally decimated FoxPoint Bay, either burning wolves or shooting them with silver, makeshift, tent headquarters had been set up. And Agent Dennis McKay had two more informants sitting in front of him--Mason and Jules Lockwood.

    “Well, well, well,” Agent McKay said sarcastically, “why did I find you two in the newspaper office here, giving an interview...”

    “We were NOT giving an interview. We were complaining about the lack of negative vampire stories.” Jules lied. “Every other story in that rag was about how some wolf had robbed another wolf. Wolves are victims of crime too.”

    “That’s right,” Mason said casually, “and many of those crimes happen at the fangs of vamps.”

    Agent McKay didn’t believe that for shit, but he couldn’t prove anything. The newspaper office was burned and the editor were killed. Mason and Jules had been spared because of their government ties. Agent McKay sat down as well.

    “Tell me what you’ve learned about Alcide Herveaux?” he asked. Mason smirked.

    “We met that witch. The one that’s supposed to bear his children. She claims she’s already carrying his child.”

    Agent McKay didn’t want to hear that at all!

    “No. I have other informants. If that were true I’d know that. She has been intimate with him--once. As we all know, that’s not enough.” Agent McKay said absently. God, let that not be true! Was it possible Sam Merlotte had missed this piece of vital information?

    Either way, Tara Thornton would have to die to end the bloodline of witches that could cause so much trouble. He would rather not have to kill a pregnant woman though.

    Suddenly, a low growl could be heard outside of the tent! Mason and Jules immediately shifted back into their wolf forms, but it would be too late for them. LaFayette entered and quickly reduced the animals into nothing but quivering, bloody messes. The wolves gave desperate howls and cries, before Agent McKay’s horrified eyes. He could hear screams and shooting from around the camp, that suddenly were silenced.

    Another wolf entered the tent and Agent McKay guessed he was looking at Alcide Herveaux. The wolf’s mouth was caked with blood. Alcide had brought in Debbie and Coot to help him take care of McKay’s men.

    Now all that stood before him, was McKay.

    He began to back back, looking from Alcide to LaFayette.

    “You will never get away with this. Once we’re done with both your kinds, then the vamps are next. Killing me won’t stop it.”

    “The hell is won’t!” LaFayette snapped as Alcide leapt on a screaming McKay and ripped his heart out! Meanwhile, Tara arrived in Eric’s car, parked and jumped out. Tears welled up in her eyes! This beautiful community that she had considered living in, was nothing but smoke and ashes now. She saw the corpses of what were clearly animals, mixed in with some human corpses. Good God! Where were LaFayette and Alcide!

    “LAFAYETTE? ALCIDE? WHERE ARE YOU?” Tara screamed. LaFayette came running out of the tent and put a hand over her mouth.

    “Shut the hell up! We don’t know who else is around here!”

    Tara flung his hand away from her mouth!

    “Did you all do this?!”

    “Do I look like I know how to do all this shit? The fucking feds are responsible for this shit! Alcide just finished killing one of the last agents, but we’re going to be in a shitload of trouble if anyone can prove what we did.”

    “Why would we be in trouble? The government had not business coming in here and killing up people.”

    “We’re not considered ‘people’ anymore, Tara. Not these wolves and not us.” LaFayette reminded her. Alcide exited the tent, naked and walked over to them.

    “LaFayette, take Tara in my truck and get back to Russell’s.”

    “I’m not leaving.” Tara said flatly. Alcide looked at LaFayette.

    “Take the truck then. You brought a car?” he asked of Tara.

    “Eric’s sportscar. He let me borrow it.”

    LaFayette and Alcide glanced at one another, but made no comment on Eric’s sudden generosity. Tara hugged LaFayette briefly, before watching him get into Alcide’s truck and drive off. She then turned to Alcide.

    “What can I do to help? Do we need to get rid of the bodies? Or run? Or what?”

    Alcide slowly rested his hands on Tara’s shoulders.

    “It’s a full moon. There is only one thing I need for you to do for me. And I’m hopin’ your being here means you’ve come to a decision.”

    Tara shrugged.

    “I’ll help keep the population going, I guess.”

    Alcide tilted his head.

    “You seemed more into it earlier. And last night.”

    “I know. I am. It’s just a lot has happened. I don’t know where we go from here.”

    “Where we go is that we begin making a child tonight. Then tomorrow, we find a justice of the peace.”

    “Oh. About that. I’d like a real wedding. And I want Sookie to be a bridesmaid.”

    Alcide lifted a brow.

    “We don’t really have time for a real wedding, Tara.”

    Tara gave him a dirty look.

    Then she turned invisible.

    “Sonofabitch!” Alcide growled, as he felt Tara leave his grasp. “Okay, okay! We can have a real wedding!”

    Tara returned, smiling.

    “I’m so glad you see things my way!” she beamed. “Okay, so let’s get going...”

    “Uh, there are some rules.”

    Tara raised a brow.

    “Rules to what? It’s a full moon.”

    “Yeah, but the first time needs to be in water.”

    “Water?!” Tara almost shouted, looking around. She didn’t see any in the immediate vicinity.

    “There was that bridge outside of your house. Oh...did that get destroyed too?”

    “I’m sorry. Yeah, it did.”

    “You don’t have to be sorry. You should get paid reparations for that shit.” Tara sniffed. “But I don’t know where we’re going to do this then.”

    “About that,” Alcide began sounding shifty, “if there is no water then two wolves have to watch.”

    “Watch what?”

    “Watch us have sex.”

    Tara was about to go off, when two wolves appeared behind Alcide. Tara backed back a bit.

    “Don’t be scared! This is Debbie and her boyfriend Coot.”

    Tara peered at the wolves.

    “Which one is Debbie?”

    “The one with the pink leash around her neck.”

    “Oh. And the other one is Goober...”

    “Coot.” Alcide corrected impatiently. “Tara, they’ll be in wolf form. They just have to watch. We’ll just ignore them.”

    Tara exhaled and began taking off her clothes.

    “This is fucked up. You know that, right?”


                                                    ****

    It was more than fucked up.

    Tara could not relax and enjoy herself! For one, she didn’t usually like sex outdoors on the ground. But she figured it was for the good of everything.

    Alcide tried to make it enjoyable for her, while he huffed away on top of her, but she could do nothing but lay in fright, as her eyes locked with the wolves. That goddamned Debbie looked like she wanted to eat her!

    And Cooter, Fucker or whatever his name was, licked the back of her head!

    Finally, the wolf bastards went away or wherever, and Alcide slept. Tara tried not to. Not because she was afraid of the wolves, but who she would encounter in her dream.

    It would do no good. How Tara wished she had had some Mountain Dew...
   
    Tara was back on that goddamned staircase from ‘Gone With The Wind’ again. Naked. And so was Eric.

    Others walked up and down the staircase, as if they honestly did not see them. Sookie had disappeared. Tara didn’t see Alcide or Sam either.

    Eric had now moved behind her on the stairs and his hands caressed her back. Tara closed her eyes and spoke.

    “I don’t like it here.”

    “You’re not supposed to like it, kitten. But you know why’s you’re here. “ he said, his breath searing the back of her neck. The sensation made Tara’s nipples harden and Eric reached around and tweaked one of them.

    “Open your legs a little.” Eric whispered. Tara moved to stand so they were only slightly wider, but his hands moved them apart even further, and soon his hands explored Tara’s body. He touched every part of her, as if he wanted her to remember it when she awakened.

    Eric wrapped his arms around Tara from behind, his cold chest touching her back, sending a shiver down her spine. One of his hands ran across her wet slit and Tara could feel him smile with the knowledge of how ready she was for him.

    Eric sucked one of her earlobes, just as Tara felt his cock harden. She could feel it getting longer and longer. It then slowly plowed through her butt cheeks and snaked it’s way up until it entered her, with Eric only having to make a slight adjustment to his posture.

    Tara tried not to gasp at the heat of his cock or the feel of it pushing inside of her, as if it were constantly trying to make more room. Instinctively, Tara rested her head back against the vampire’s shoulder, while he kept a tight hold on her.  She began rotating her hips in a small, circular motion, until soon, Tara was moving up and down on the thick shaft of Eric’s cock, impaling herself over and over again. She could feel him moving behind her, matching her rhythm. She tightened her inner muscles around his cock as she continued to bounce up and down.

    As an orgasm ripped through Tara’s body, she heard the song ‘Dixie’ playing and clenched her teeth while she convulsed. Eric emptied himself into her, covering her insides with his lava. Tara came once more as her mind seemed to explode with lights and sound. And then....

    Tara sat up quickly and looked around. And just as before, Alcide was still asleep on the ground, looking as if he didn’t have a care in the world. Tara slowly sat up, hoping the world that had been FoxPoint Bay would look different in the light of day. Unfortunately, it did not.

    Eric Northman, meanwhile, slept peacefully in his hole, holding his cock in his hands. He, unlike Tara, considered ‘Gone With The Wind’ to be one of his favorite movies of all time.